• 2 answers
  • 24 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Best one yet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Over 5 kids we have tried alot of seats and this is the best you don't have to take it out to get the covers off to wash or adjust the seat straps such a versatile seat.
Fits from 2-8 years really well
Bamboo fabrics are fantastic and comfortable easy to clean
Only negative is the ridiculous silver straps Britax kids are filthy

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Melaaa, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review and feedback! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Sydney, Australia

Verified Purchase

Very easy and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Very comfortable car seat - bought this for a replacement when we were involved in a car accident. I had their previous model which included speakers in the head rest (which we loved). My son was already 5 - but he can now sit fully harnessed until he is 8 rather then making it a simple booster. Very easy to move and adjust with a simple press of a button rather then having to take the seat out and adjust the straps when he gets bigger.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Regang, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Excellent car seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I am so glad we made this purchase for my toddler. We switched from a maxi cosi moda when my son was 14 months and he is so much happier in this seat. the seat when forward facing has the option for a slight recline which i find is more comfortable for him to sleep in and there is no headflop compared to other seats. I haven’t taken it out of the car yet but I’m told it’s fairly straightforward. Overall well worth the purchase and Haven’t had any issues and seems roomy, comfortable and safe, no complaints from me or my son!

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Thechamp, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Bathurst

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Fantastic seat and well worth the $s!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

We absolutely love the maxi guard pro! It is a very secure and safe carseat, with bonus items such as cup holders and a seat cover (for underneath the seat).
It is great to be able to heighten the straps without having to uninstall the car seat and feed the seatbelts through. The material is light and breathable, so the child doesnt get sweaty or hot. The cover can also be easily removed for washing when required.
Considering buy the same seat for our second child soon as we have liked this one so much!

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Questionable, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Good, safe car seat

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

This is a great car seat, top of the range and feels very secure and safe. Cup holders are great extra's. I would prefer if the shoulder straps were fixed as they move up and down though, so can be a little bit fiddly. My daughter is comfortable in this seat.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Claudia, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

sydney

Car Seat Great Buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Super good product, I bought this car seat after reading a lot of good review and doing heaps and heaps of research. Simple to install, and load and unload. Nice smooth fabric that is easy to remove to wash and fix / adjust the safety harness. My daughter has always been happy and very comfortable and safe, which is what all a dad can want for his daughter.

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Drew, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

It's a very good product, and we bought this car seat after reading a lot of good reviews. Seats are very easy to install and unload. It has a smooth fabric that is easy to remove and adjust the harness. Children have always been very comfortable and safe, which is what all parents ask of their children.

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi PerrydgBondyvr, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent quality car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Great quality car seat - safe and comfortable for long journeys - our daughter hasn’t had car sickness since using this seat - could be a coincidence, but she does seem a lot more comfortable in this seat than our previous one.
Very easy to adjust the straps, which is great when they grow so quickly. Looks and feels very safe and secure.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Gayle, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Mackay

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Great seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

This is a fantastic seat. It’s extremely easy to take in and out of a car. It’s also easy to adjust the heaight of the harness as your child grows. My tall 5 year old fits in here comfortable and will continue to use this seat for years to come.

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi KTJ, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Comfortable and seems safe

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

We purchased this seat when our baby outgrew the capsule. It seems very safe and secure, we’ve never had to remove the seat since installation but it seems pretty straightforward.
Bub seems very comfortable in the seat and I particularly like the armrests for when he is a little bigger. One minor drawback is the little organiser is difficult to access because the opening is so close to the base of the seat. Wouldn’t put me off buying it again though.

Purchased at: Banana Baby

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Leila, thanks or the time to leave the above review. We're glad to hear you found our seat our seat easy to install and comfortable for bub. If there is anything we can assist you with in future... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Seems to be the only choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Should've bought one of these straight after my son came out of his capsule, however now have it from 3-8yrs. Really happy with the decision! Also got a good price match through Baby Mode. Great material. The little arm rests are useful. Reasonably slim fit, better than the wider maxi cosi euro

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Maree, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Sydney

Love this seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Love this seat! So easy to install and adjust and fits in most configurations. It’s super comfortable and I love the fabric as my daughter doesn’t sweat in it but used to sweat a lot in her old seat. Very easy to peel off cover and wash as well. I love the safety features and the price was comparable. I can’t really fault it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Melly, thanks for your terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, The Britax Team

• 3 helpful votes

Best quality best price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

This is an amazing seat, it is good quality, machine washable & breathable fabric and in my opinion the best value for money available, I am going to upgrade my younger daughter to the Maxi guard millennia now after purchasing this seat as it also has great safety features on top of great qualityi highly recommend it

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Michelle, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Unley

Private message

Was our first choice for the spare car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I personally have a pair of Grandeurs in my car, but as they are quite bulky I needed a more slimline option for my husband's car. We already had a Maxi Rider which we were happy with but as they were not being sold anymore I was recommended to purchase a Maxi Guard Pro. Slimline, looks unbelievably comfortable and my daughter loves the drink holders - love that they can be tucked in underneath the seat too. A great option for a car seat without breaking the bank, super easy to install and are a good looking seat too. Couldn't recommend this highly enough

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Dani, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

This beautiful car seat is so unbelievably easy to install i to the car. Adjusting the straps is super convenient and the easiest system I have ever come accross. It is a simple squeeze and pull system which means you do not need to take the seat out to adjust the straps and buckles. Very safe and very practical!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Mel, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Rockhampton

No more head flop!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Love this seat. It has been used by my 2 and 4 year old. Found it fits well in a variety of cars and has a great recline angle. No head flop as opposed to other seats we’ve used. Easy to adjust height of head rest. Arm rests fold up to make hopping out of car easier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi KateD, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Absolutely love this car seat, it is so easy to take apart and clean, my son fits so well and loves his seat. we have it in the middle section of the car and it is so easy to get him in and out. love that is can be adjusted as he gets older so I don't have to buy another and waste money

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Amy, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Private message

I have total confidence in this seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Super easy to use I can go from having my 3yr old son in it to a friends 6yr old daughter within seconds, no need to uninstall to adjust height or straps, my son has never complained getting in his seat, says he’s comfy and looks well protected without filling my backseat. Easy to clean, love the choice of colours to choose from so happy I took the plunge and invested wisely into my sons safety

Purchased at: Baby Zone

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Brisbane

Fantastic car seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I found this seat to be great, it was a reasonable price which was nice because I am the Grandmother and only use it once a week. I found it very easy to install and simple to use. My granddaughter is very comfortable in it and I find it easy to get her in and out of it. My daughter has noticed that when she falls asleep her head doesn't fall forward like it does in other seats and she likes that it isn't too complicated to use, and yet seems as safe and secure as the more expensive model that she has.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi AnneL, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Keeps your kid safe

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

This seat was easy to install and has a good recline, so my kid doesn’t get the notorious head flop that kids get in some other seats. Kid is not happy with the colour and I’ve noticed a great deal of pilling in the fabric after a very short amount of time.

1 of 7 pages

What are the differences/advantages of the Maxi Guard Pro vs Maxi Guard? Has the Pro superseded the Maxi Guard? Some sites say that the Maxi Guard has been discontinued yet it still appears in shops.

Margot asked on Nov 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Margot, thanks for your question. The Maxi Guard family are our forward facing harnessed seat with SICT™ Safety Technology and an inbuilt Hassle Free Harness™ suitable for growing children from approx. 6mths to 8yrs.

The Maxi Guard Pro offers revolutionary safety with dual layer head and torso side impact cushion technology™ (SICT™) minimises impact forces providing your child with the ultimate side impact protection. Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal means your child will travel in quality and comfort. Our 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ keeps your most precious cargo securely restrained and safer for longer.

PRODUCT FEATURES
SIDE IMPACT CUSHION TECHNOLOGY (SICT™) – HEAD PROTECTION - The inner SICT™ layer provides 180° protection around your child’s head, whilst the outer SICT™ layer absorbs immediate crash energy.

SIDE IMPACT CUSHION TECHNOLOGY (SICT™) – TORSO PROTECTION - Torso SICT™ minimises the energy impact on your child’s chest and vital organs for greater protection.

HARNESSED FOR LONGER - 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ keeps your child securely restrained for longer.

THERMO5® HIGH PERFORMANCE FABRIC - Thermo5® high performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal Charcoal delivers the premium comfort your child deserves.

EASY ADJUST HEADREST - With frontal ease of access whilst the child is seated, the easy adjust headrest can be height adjusted without uninstalling the seat. No need to rethread.

HASSLE FREE HARNESS™ - The easy adjust headrest automatically repositions the shoulder harness while the Hassle Free Harness™ reduces the risk of incorrect installation whilst growing with your child.

2 RECLINE POSITIONS - Offers additional comfort for your sleeping child.

EASE OF USE - Pivoting armrest along with EZ-Buckle™ insert enables ease of entry into the seat, while helpful holders store harness buckles providing comfort for your child’s journey.

COMFORT WITHOUT COMPROMISE - Generous internal seating area and comfortable trim padding with additional cushioned insert, cup holders and a full length messy mat provides the ultimate in travel comfort.

SLIM OUTER WIDTH - Allows multiple car seat configurations in a vehicle.

Here is a link to this car seat for your reference - https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-maxi-guard-pro/

The Maxi Guard™ has active head restraint™ (AHR™) headrest. Suitable for growing children from approx. 6mths to 8yrs. Our 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ keeps your most precious cargo securely restrained and safer for longer.

PRODUCT FEATURES
HARNESSED FOR LONGER - Using a 6 point harness for as long as possible keeps your child securely restrained and safer for longer.

ACTIVE HEAD RESTRAINT™ (AHR™) - Simple to use adjustable headrest designed specifically with deep side wings lined with EPS to shield and protect your child’s head in a side impact crash.

HELPFUL HARNESS HOLDERS - Make it easy to get your child in and out of the seat and prevent hot harness buckles from touching your child’s skin.

EZ-BUCKLE - Helps to retain the harness buckle in a forward position and provides easier access to seating area.

SLIM OUTER WIDTH - Allows multiple car seat configuration in a vehicle.

2 RECLINE POSITIONS - Offers additional comfort for your sleeping child.

PRACTICALITY IN MIND - Quick remove cover - no need to remove harness!

COMFORT WITH NO COMPROMISE - Generous internal seating area and comfortable trim padding including cushioned insert and shoulder pads provides excellent travel comfort for your child.

USEFUL STORAGE POCKETS

Here is a link to this car seat for your reference - https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-maxi-guard/

Hi I have a 12 month old. Is it safe to have her forward facing ? She doesn’t meet the shoulder markers on our current car seat just yet to turn her around. We are looking at the maxi guard pro ?

Isy asked on Oct 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi Isy, thanks for your question. Britax recommends that you keep your little one rear facing as long as possible however If your little one doesn't meet the shoulder height marker to forward facing you should keep them rear facing until they reach the shoulder height marker. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO and Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO+ :)

Ianina M asked on Oct 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Ianina, thanks for your question. The Plus + range is exclusive to Baby Bunting, here is a link to all the information about our + range for your reference - https://my.britax.com.au/plus-series The Maxi Guard Plus + has THERMO5® with memory foam comfort. Body conforming memory foam properties combined with Thermo5® High-Performance fabric gives your child active comfort where it matters most. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

See all 38 questions about Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO