Adelaide

Britax is best.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Storage is simple. You keep the box and put it back in it. When ours is in the car and not being used for a few days we put a piece of material over it to reduce the risk of the sun deteriorating it. It is easy to install however I suggest if you install it yourself you have it cehcked by a professional. Our baby must be very comfortable in it as he often falls asleep before we can even get up to our suburban speed limit of 50kph even if he is laughing and saying a few words when he is put in it. It is easy to clean which is big positive as baby carseats are said to accumulate germs very quickly.

sydney

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Safe n sound is always the best car seats ever. My baby is using this product, I used the other product before, he always cry when i put him into car seat, but after my friend sent me this product, he like to sit in there. good quality, easy to install for my car, I will recommon this product.

Sydney

good but some issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Nice but but heavy, hard to install, so many buckels and hard to find belt plugs as they stuck in holes. It needs to be more user friendly. It hurts your hand when you trying to pass the seat belts through seat holes. Adjustment of seatbel need to be more easier as when you pull the key to adjust seatbelt one goes lose and another goes tight they need to be equally fit. The major issue is the color of fabric disappear very quickly in few months.

Perth

LOVE THIS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

This car seat has been amazing. Perfect for my little miss! Easy to clean and install. I've never had an issue with it at all. Super simple to operate Andy toddler can climb into it herself very easily when I have my hands full popping things in the car with my hands full

Purchased at: Baby Bounce

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Cash,
Thanks for your fantastic review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.
Kind regards, The Britax Team :)

• 1 review

First forward facing seat 4 our 1st baby

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2015

Researched&compared extensively then shopped around for best price on a blue one instore so I could sit bub in it b4 purchase.

We drive a corolla ascent & impreza sti and move between often.

PROS:
Bub looks comfy n he sleeps in it.
Easily installed, removed and adjusted.
Easy to clean and reassemble.
Hardwearing stain resisting fabric.

Without having used another seat as comparison i find it easy to get bub in or out of both the seat & straps n buckle
(im 65kg/162cm bub is 11.6kg/70cm@10mths old
So for any manual handling task
easy is a term I use loosely)

Unlike the funnel shaped seats it wont interfere with passengers.
Surprisingly compact for how much space bub has inside.

Hasnt put indentation or
'furntiture mark' on car upholstery.

Im still fairly happy with it after using for 2-3mths.

Bub gets sweaty easily, this seat seems neutral in neither initiating or preventing excessive sweating.
Id had him in the unity carrier from birth and was quite impressed with it other than the plush velvety fabric made him immediately hot regardless of weather or what I dressed him in.

One of the only seats praised by reviewers for bigger height markers, accommodating taller children.

CONS:
No canopy/sunshade included and it kinda does need it despite the high sides offering some shielding at times.

Cant find a canopy type accessory as yet, no mounting point for any sun shielding on the seat.

Bub kinda looks like he should have a U shape travel pillow behind his neck/head but im yet to find a little one thats not filled with small beans AND has a cover material that wont make him sweaty... i have an idea for a pattern to cut n sew a custom fit.

Entire unit occasionally starts to lean slightly, needs to be shuffled back into centre of car and tighten anchor belts. Could be caused by a number of factors incl. Stability of the safeguard seat design, Different vehicles rear seat shape and density/upholstery/lap sash or retractable type belts, rough or bendy roads, driving style,
bubs' height&weight etc...

ABSENT!!
nifty elastic loops to hold straps out of the way while inserting child, a much appreciated feature of the unity infant carrier.
Without them my life is significantly more difficult & EVERY car trip begins with inconvenience for both bub n me to retrieve the shoulder straps&buckles that are underneath him.
My bub was 2mths old when I realised what they were on the unity carrier-
A metaphor to cut long story short: discovering them was like unexpectedly growing an extra pair of hands overnight and thier absence on the safeguard was like having them amputated one night unexpectedly for no reason while you were asleep, by a burglar who also taped your eyes shut then woke your bub on the way out...

So, I do plan to contact britax regarding the 2 missing features as im considering buying a 2nd safeguard seat for the inlaws car.
after doing the comparison again, 8mths after I first searched, particularly because my bub is tall for his age, this is still #1.

I am researching "love n care CR01SC" and eagerly await some reviews b4 sitting bub in it instore.

Purchased at: My Baby Warehouse

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Uncomfortable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2015

I would not recommend this car seat. Baby has cried from the day we switched from his capsule to this seat. It seems the sitting position is just not natural and I think he may have since developed clickity hips (taking him to doctors today). I previously have had a Galaxy safe and sound for my other 2 kids which I found vastly superior. I can not seem to stop this seat from moving/rocking a lot... no matter how much effort I put into install. I've just wasted $200 as I now am seriously thinking of buying another car seat.

Purchased at: Baby Barn Discounts

• 1 review
Private message

OK seat but smelt seriously toxic

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2015

Bought this online as it seemed like a good value no-fuss seat highly rated in crash tests. Took the cover/pads off for a wash before use just as I would with anything new (gentle cycle cold water as per instructions). Hung up in living room to dry and awoke the next morning to an intense smell like burning plastic permeating the house. Took a few minutes to identify the source. Then I remembered smelling a similar thing when I had got it out of the washing machine. After airing in the shade for 2 weeks and another gentle wash the smell was bet ter (more like it had just come out of a heavily chlorinated pool than burning plastic) but still overwhelming to sit near it - no way I would put it in my car. So I did a heavy duty hot wash today and I think the smell might finally be tolerable. I'm sure this seat will function as it should when/if it finally makes it into my car but this weird experience has motivated to write my first ever product review. Nothing made for humans should smell as seriously toxic as this seat did, much less a safety product made for an infant to spend significant amounts of time in. I don't have a hyperactive sense of smell or any particular sensitivities - this thing was just gross.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Bron, thanks for your review. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in detail. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Private message

Excellent value for money and a good size

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2015

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best of the 'budget' seats!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

This seat is so simple to use, the cover is easy to keep clean and wash if needed. Some of the more expensive seats are difficult to clean an put back together.
It has high markers to accommodate a taller child, as high as the more expensive seats but it comes without the price tag

+ Inexpensive and easy to clean and install with high markers for a taller child.

Jamison Centre, ACT

• 123 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2012

Great, simple to use seat without all of the bells and whistles that make other more expensive seats difficult to use, fit and adjust. Love that the fabric is nice and easy to clean.

+ Great simple design, easy to fit, fabric cleans up remarkably well, not too much padding but enough to be comfortable, great wide design for room to grow.

- Wider than the Safe & Sound Compaq (but so is every other seat)

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast, Qld

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2012

Just a car seat that does what its designed for: to keep bub safe and nicely strapped in while driving. What else do yo need?

+ Very straight forward car seat. It sits nice and snug in the car, it seems sturdy enough to endure a lot of shock and bub loves sleeping comfy in it which I find important for him. Easy to install.

- Haven't had an accident so I can't tell how safe it really is but so far, no cons.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

love this seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2011

my mum has had this in her car for my kids and she has found it easy to use and she knows the kids will be safe.

+ great seat great price

Purchased at: My Baby Warehouse

1 of 2 pages

Hi, i have the britax safe n sound safeguard car seat & i live in asia. I placed it front facing using the car seatbelt (i drive a prius c) but the car seat is very loose and moves around. I'm using the upper anchor strap but it's still very mobile. Ive also tried the middle & side seat. Do i need to purchase a car seat clip?

Jas asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

Sorry, but I can't answer your question. We've never had that issue. Do you still have the instruction book that came with it" Have you had it checked by a professional fitter, car dealer or service station person? Is your car a hatchback? We have always had a sedan that the anchor is in the panel immediately behind the seat and doesn't move at all.

Hi Is the Britax Kinetic car seat (bought from Target Australia) the same as the Britax Safeguard car seat? Thanks Donna

Donz asked on May 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Donz, thanks for your question. The Kinetic is exclusive to Target. The Safeguard is similar to the Kinetic, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, The Britax Team

Would this fit comfortably in an Audi A3 sedan as we are going to visit my parents in Singapore and want to bring it over for my mums car.

Pizzashapes asked on May 05, 2017

Answer this

I think so?! I drive a big car now but had it in a Ford Fiesta comfortably previously

Please go to the shop and try it check it to find out carefully how user friendly it is

Hi Pizzashapes, thanks for your question. Many countries have laws for using child restraints and their standards differ from Australia. Laws vary from country to country and even state to state. Countries with strong laws are European countries, USA, Canada, Japan and South Africa. Many vehicles around the world are not yet fitted with a child restraint upper anchorage point or fitting thus to use an Australian seat an upper anchorage fitting needs to be installed. There will be no fittings in Taxis and most rental cars. In many developing countries there are no seat belts in which case a child restraint is of no use at all. Your child seat may be used in some countries like Europe, USA and Canada but you need to check with your rental car company or if you are buying a car check with your insurance company and local police. Many rental car companies do hire locally compliant child restraints in most of the above countries. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in detail. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

See all 6 questions about Britax Safe-n-Sound Safeguard