Moonee Ponds, Victoria

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Easy to install and snug and comfy for baby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I did a lot of research before buying this baby car seat. Our requirements was to have a seat that will last (to fit bubs) while bubs grows up and to fit in our Mazda 3 rear facing while still giving plenty of leg space for the front passengers seat, this did the trick. One thing that does bug me a little is the strap release is tucked in so much it can be difficult to find at times, but after much practice we've gotten used to it. Installation was a breeze, to be sure I took it to my local community/council organised seat installation check and I had down everything right, just needed slight tightening. Overall very happy with purchase, and I love the black colour scheme, looks awesome with our black car :)

This is perfect!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Me and my wife both of us love this car seat, this one is much much better than the one I bought from overseas before, this one is working well for baby who over 6 month old I think, great value and safety, feel so happy with our purchase!

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Great buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Car seat is straight forward to install and very comfortable for bub
Easy to clean and mantain
we have a cx5 and only just fits so be aware before buying other brands on the market
we bought ours from baby bunting and they were happy to fit it in car to see if it fits before buying
Highly recommend doing that to not be disappointed later

• 2 answers
Private message

Easy to use and my little one always looks comfortable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Extremely easy to use and fit in car. Currently using it rear facing and getting hubs in and out is easy. The size seems to not be as slim as I thought. The ability to remove the padding from the seat is very easy to do and washing really well on a delicate cycle in the washing machine.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Quality car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

I opted for the safe and sound slimm line as I have a smaller car and I wanted to have my daughter rear facing as long as I could - which was until she was 12mths old (she's around 90th percentile for height!)

Our little girl loves her seat, we call it her throne :)

Mortdale

good car seat.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

we love this car seat. as soon as we put him into this seat he goes into sleep. i would definitely recommend this to everyone. great value and safety. good for long drives. it is well made. easily swappable between cars. easy to install and instructions provided with the seat.

Purchased at: Target Australia

Great Car Seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I read really good reviews about this car seat on this website and decided to give it a go. This car has ISOFIX which is great. This car seat was a good fit, easy to install and is easy to adjust with a growing baby. Really happy with the purchase.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Finally a car seat that suits us

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

After buying and returning 3 different carseats we finally found THE ONE for our 7 month old, The Britax Safe n Sound Slimm line has answered all our question. Fitting 3 seats for a 4, 3, and 7 month old in. Seat is well made, isofix is such a good device for swapping in and out of cars. Very happy with our purchase!!!

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi James B,
Thanks for your terrific review.
If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to use, great safety ratings and lots of leg room

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I love this carseat! In the rear facing mode, it has given so much leg room back to the front passenger seat. Great for extended rear facing and road trips - no more crammed legs! Easy to install and use. I also love how the shoulder height harness can be adjusted without unclipping the seat.

Purchased at: BabyFrugal

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Regular_Mover,
Thanks for your terrific review and telling us what you love about your car seat.

Great value and safety

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Having a duel can ute made it hard to find a car seat that fit well. This car seat was a good fit, easy to install and is easy to adjust with a growing baby. My grandson is safe and secure, the newborn insert offers extra support and was easy to remove when no longer needed.

Purchased at: Target Australia

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Treen,
Thanks for your great review.
We are glad to hear your grandson is 'safe-n-sound' on the move.

Perfect for small cars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

This car seat is the best fit by far of all the car seats available on the Australian market for our compact Mazda 3. Although it isn't a capsule, it at least converts into a car seat and will serve until our child is 4 years old. The best part is now we're able to fit a passenger in the front seat!!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Holly,
Thanks for your terrific review.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I purchased this seat yesterday and we tried installing today. Our baby is already in a rear facer behind the passenger side and this was intended for the toddler to also rear face behind the driver seat (as toddler can climb in to seat when kerbside rather than having to strap baby standing on the road). We bought it as it was marketed to be 'for growing families' ie can have 3 in the backseat (as we would like to have a 3rd child in future).

However, the top tether adjuster (and pocket) is only on the right side of the seat (when rear fa
cing). This means in order to tighten it when installed behind the driver seat, I must reach over my child, with my elbow in her face, and awkwardly tighten and untighten every time we get in and out of the car.

When I called Britax, they were well aware of this and stated that all their seats were made this way. They said it can be changed to the other side ONLY IF I took it to one of their two authorised fitters, both of whom are about 30km+ from the Sydney CBD (I am in central Sydney). AND pay to have this done (not to mention time and expense of having to travel out there, with two small children). And obviously having to redo this if we ever want to switch it to the other side. Britax did not regard it as a problem to reach over my child and adjust it, even though they (eventually) acknowledged that it may not be comfortable/convenient for me.

The fact that this seat can only be 'comfortable/convenient' to tighten (sorry but I don't think this is an unreasonable requirement for a $500+ carseat) when in use behind the driver seat by travelling to one of those 2 destinations and having it adjusted at the buyer's expense should absolutely have been disclosed (whether by their authorised retailers or in the instruction manual), as it would have significantly affected my decision about whether to purchase the seat.

It is misleading to market this seat as one for 3 in the backseat as that would mean one would have to be adjusted in this way and therefore there's an added compulsory added expense (because Britax won't let us do it ourselves), and major inconvenience, which are both factors very relevant to my decision about purchasing this seat. It is basic contract law that any unusual conditions be plainly disclosed (the more unusual, the more obvious the disclosure is required to be). There wasn't ANY disclosure about this, and other carseats I have purchased by other manufacturers could easily be adjusted for either side so I was not at all aware of or expecting this issue.

Now I have to either go and return another seat (as I had exchanged the original one I had purchased on lay-by because this one had such a good CREP result in the latest round of testing that was published in the interim) or I have to travel out to have it adjusted (and hope I won't need to adjust again). As a meagre consolation, Britax offered to waive the fee to have it adjusted the initial time but I am still unsure whether to go to that effort considering I may wish to adjust it again in future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

We have taken our britax slimm line to be fitted rear facing by an approved installer for our newborn . I feel that the two straps don't give enough slack. There is a metal piece at the back of the seat that stops it giving further room. Is this normal.

Mariahadji asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi, yes it does though you have to pull the straps as you are pulling the metal release piece. Please check the manual if this doesn't make sense. Britax are very helpful if you would like to get more details over the phone. Good luck

Can you please outline the differences between the slimm-line ahr and the compaq ahr beyond isofix? I'm specifically after the height markers for both and the depth when installed RF. Thanks

Alchetta asked on Nov 18, 2016

Answer this

Your best bet would be to ask Britax, but I believe all A4 restraints have the same height markers under the Australian Standard. They both technically have the same rear facing depth, but how it ultimately fits in your car depends on the angle of you car's seats.

Hi Alchetta, thanks for your question. The main differences are the Slimm-line AHR™ has a narrow, compact installed depth making it great for small cars and growing families. As an added benefit you also have the choice to install using ISOFIX connectors. Thermo5™ high performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal means your child will travel in quality and comfort. The Compaq AHR is now rearward facing for longer from Birth to 2-3years (approximately). Its slim-line design seat with the added protection of Active Head Restraint (AHR™) is perfect for smaller cars, enabling configuration of 3 seats across the back. Its compact rearward facing depth enables increased front seat passenger comfort and flexibility. Please refer to the below website links below;

- See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-slimm-line-ahr/#sthash.2h3JuPjS.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-compaq-ahr/#sthash.3jZhnqtR.dpuf Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Product Details