Rozelle

Safe and comfortable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

I am a new mother and need all the help that I can get. Buying this space saving car seat was a great idea, however, the manual that it comes with does not describe that well how to change the length of the harness and make it work. I spent a long time and then got help from my dad. Other that that the car seat is safe and comfortable.

melbourne

• 1 comment

Bubs always falls asleep

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

We purchased this model due to having a small car and had it professionally installed. The quality of fabric and structure is great. The shoulder adjustments are easy to use. It must be comfy as our baby always falls asleep!
Only negative is the straps are hard to hold back to put baby in & the silver buckles almost burn him, I find the clip at the back gets caught up in the bar sometimes too. At first I found it hard to work out the harness but now find it easy. Instruction book wasn't the most user friendly in a sleep deprived mum trying to work out how to adjust the height of straps!!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We will certainly pass on your feedback to our product innovation team. If we can assist you with anything in the future, pl... read more »

Townsville Qld

Private message

Very comfy for the grandkids

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

This model is ideal for all - easy to have installed - easy to manoevour and light enough to carry if needed - certainly meets all safety and compliance standards and looks stylish - easy to remove any of its fabric bits and pieces should it need cleaning at any time

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Compact, easy to install, love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

This seat is everything I wanted in a car seat. It's compact, it has ISOFIX connectors, it rates well in the CREP program, it supports extended rear facing, and there's no more uninstalling the seat to re-thread straps.
My son is 2.5 years old and is still happily rear-facing in this seat. We just took him on a 4.5 hour road trip in it and he was comfortable enough that he made little complaint. He even had a nap!
One downside I have noticed, however, is that the straps can be very difficult to pull tight when the child is in the seat. I've taken to pulling the shoulder straps tight behind the seat with one hand before pulling the adjustment strap with the other. This seems to make it easier, but it'd be better if it just worked as it was meant to.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

average

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

The car seat first is a night mare to install and the straps are extremely tight between the legs. My little girl is only 5 months and it has been tight for a while.it meant to go up to 4 years but i dont see how this is possible. This is extremely fiddly and I do not recommend this car seat at all

Purchased at: Baby Bounce

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Was a bit confusing at first but when you get the hand of it its great nice and comfy paddings for baby comes with a seat protector to place down which is good easy to clean but haven't had a big mess in it yet baby still too young but good for its price

Best seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Great compact seat with high rearfacing capabilities. So easy to install and no need to uninstall when covers need to be washed or strap heights need to be raised. The bamboo fabric is so cooling for my bubs and i have never had any issues with this seat or any britax seat in general

Purchased at: Baby Village

Private message

Easy to install, hard to adjust

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

We had the car seat professionally installed originally, but it was easy to move to another car. It has good safety ratings in front and rear facing settings and can stay in the rear facing position for a long time (relative to other seats). Our baby seems quite comfortable in it.
I do find the seatbelt very hard to adjust and getting it tight can be difficult. Maybe due to my car bring quite high.
It's great the inserts are removable. Babies are messy.

Purchased at: Baby Train

So easy to use and install.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Love this car seat, I now have 3! So easy to use and love the extended rear facing this product offers all whilst being compact. It fits in my VW Golf and a Mazda 5 (although leg room of the passenger can be tight in his car). I can install and uninstall it with ease, even when 9 months pregnant, although the first install can take some time if you are not familiar with car seats and proper fit requirements.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Moonee Ponds, Victoria

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase

Easy to install and snug and comfy for baby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I did a lot of research before buying this baby car seat. Our requirements was to have a seat that will last (to fit bubs) while bubs grows up and to fit in our Mazda 3 rear facing while still giving plenty of leg space for the front passengers seat, this did the trick. One thing that does bug me a little is the strap release is tucked in so much it can be difficult to find at times, but after much practice we've gotten used to it. Installation was a breeze, to be sure I took it to my local community/council organised seat installation check and I had down everything right, just needed slight tightening. Overall very happy with purchase, and I love the black colour scheme, looks awesome with our black car :)

This is perfect!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Me and my wife both of us love this car seat, this one is much much better than the one I bought from overseas before, this one is working well for baby who over 6 month old I think, great value and safety, feel so happy with our purchase!

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Great buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Car seat is straight forward to install and very comfortable for bub
Easy to clean and mantain
we have a cx5 and only just fits so be aware before buying other brands on the market
we bought ours from baby bunting and they were happy to fit it in car to see if it fits before buying
Highly recommend doing that to not be disappointed later

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 answers
Private message

Easy to use and my little one always looks comfortable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Extremely easy to use and fit in car. Currently using it rear facing and getting hubs in and out is easy. The size seems to not be as slim as I thought. The ability to remove the padding from the seat is very easy to do and washing really well on a delicate cycle in the washing machine.

Purchased at: Toys R Us / Babies R Us

Quality car seat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

I opted for the safe and sound slimm line as I have a smaller car and I wanted to have my daughter rear facing as long as I could - which was until she was 12mths old (she's around 90th percentile for height!)

Our little girl loves her seat, we call it her throne :)

Mortdale

good car seat.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

we love this car seat. as soon as we put him into this seat he goes into sleep. i would definitely recommend this to everyone. great value and safety. good for long drives. it is well made. easily swappable between cars. easy to install and instructions provided with the seat.

Purchased at: Target Australia

Great Car Seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I read really good reviews about this car seat on this website and decided to give it a go. This car has ISOFIX which is great. This car seat was a good fit, easy to install and is easy to adjust with a growing baby. Really happy with the purchase.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Finally a car seat that suits us

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

After buying and returning 3 different carseats we finally found THE ONE for our 7 month old, The Britax Safe n Sound Slimm line has answered all our question. Fitting 3 seats for a 4, 3, and 7 month old in. Seat is well made, isofix is such a good device for swapping in and out of cars. Very happy with our purchase!!!

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi James B,
Thanks for your terrific review.
If we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330.

Private message

Easy to use, great safety ratings and lots of leg room

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I love this carseat! In the rear facing mode, it has given so much leg room back to the front passenger seat. Great for extended rear facing and road trips - no more crammed legs! Easy to install and use. I also love how the shoulder height harness can be adjusted without unclipping the seat.

Purchased at: BabyFrugal

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Regular_Mover,
Thanks for your terrific review and telling us what you love about your car seat.

Great value and safety

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Having a duel can ute made it hard to find a car seat that fit well. This car seat was a good fit, easy to install and is easy to adjust with a growing baby. My grandson is safe and secure, the newborn insert offers extra support and was easy to remove when no longer needed.

Purchased at: Target Australia

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Treen,
Thanks for your great review.
We are glad to hear your grandson is 'safe-n-sound' on the move.

Perfect for small cars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

This car seat is the best fit by far of all the car seats available on the Australian market for our compact Mazda 3. Although it isn't a capsule, it at least converts into a car seat and will serve until our child is 4 years old. The best part is now we're able to fit a passenger in the front seat!!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Comments
Britax Safe-n-Sound Official

Hi Holly,
Thanks for your terrific review.

1 of 2 pages

Our car seats in rearward facing seem to be very reclined for 16 month old twins. Neither are happy to lay back so much and they struggle every time we put them in the seats. We would like to keep them rearward facing for as long as possible. Is there anything we could do to improve the rearward facing mode for them? Any suggestions much appreciated. other people don’t seem to have this problem. Thank you

Lisa asked on Oct 29, 2017

Answer this

Me personally would now at 16 months be altering them unfortunately to front facing n upright as such - Littlies not keen to lie down after a certain point even though it’s safer for them - they don’t get that - they r enclosed n protected by the seat facing forward n up - excellent quality item should give you some peace of mind for their overall safety - every kid is different but it may be time to face forward n they will have more visual stimulation n might be less wriggly n antsy - best of luck

We have taken our britax slimm line to be fitted rear facing by an approved installer for our newborn . I feel that the two straps don't give enough slack. There is a metal piece at the back of the seat that stops it giving further room. Is this normal.

Mariahadji asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi, yes it does though you have to pull the straps as you are pulling the metal release piece. Please check the manual if this doesn't make sense. Britax are very helpful if you would like to get more details over the phone. Good luck

Can you please outline the differences between the slimm-line ahr and the compaq ahr beyond isofix? I'm specifically after the height markers for both and the depth when installed RF. Thanks

Alchetta asked on Nov 18, 2016

Answer this

Your best bet would be to ask Britax, but I believe all A4 restraints have the same height markers under the Australian Standard. They both technically have the same rear facing depth, but how it ultimately fits in your car depends on the angle of you car's seats.

Hi Alchetta, thanks for your question. The main differences are the Slimm-line AHR™ has a narrow, compact installed depth making it great for small cars and growing families. As an added benefit you also have the choice to install using ISOFIX connectors. Thermo5™ high performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal means your child will travel in quality and comfort. The Compaq AHR is now rearward facing for longer from Birth to 2-3years (approximately). Its slim-line design seat with the added protection of Active Head Restraint (AHR™) is perfect for smaller cars, enabling configuration of 3 seats across the back. Its compact rearward facing depth enables increased front seat passenger comfort and flexibility. Please refer to the below website links below;

- See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-slimm-line-ahr/#sthash.2h3JuPjS.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-compaq-ahr/#sthash.3jZhnqtR.dpuf Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Product Details