Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great for blocked sinus and asthma

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

We have had so much benefit from the salin plus we have just ordered a second one for our sons room.
My husbands breathing and wheezing has really improved and my sinuses are improving as well.
Our son had been using it while we were away, so we decided to get him one for his room.

Salamander Bay

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Made my problem easier to live with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I purchased the Salin Plus several years ago to help with the control of my 'Bronchiectasis' during the night & can confirm that it has now controlled my wheezing & my breathing is vastly improved, my Wife & I are most grateful that we both can enjoy a nice & peaceful nights sleep, I think it is marvellous.
Peter Hill

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Lacking an on off switch

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

It's hard to define how well the device works with my asthma. My asthma is improved much of the time but I also take many supplements including melatonin, and I sleep like a log, which is fantastic. I'm presuming the device is playing its part in my fantastic nights sleep. One thing about it I find a nuisance is it doesn't have an on off switch, so it has to be switched on and off at the PowerPoint. Or the cord has to be pulled in and out of the device AM and PM if it's not easy to get to the PowerPoint. One other thing that annoys me, since you ask for a review, is the discounts offered bring the purchase price just under the $50 for the replacement cartridge, which means they then get to pay $9 for postage which would have been free over $50. I dislike tricks like that.

Perth

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Cant live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I have sinus issues and my husband has asthma, since using the salin plus machine, both of us have had far greater sleeps waking up refreshed and alert, my partner has noted a significant drop in the amount of times per day he has to use his inhaler. I have also just purchased another machine for my work place.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Doesn't have any impact

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I recommended this product to my husband as he has sinus, asthma and sleep apnea. He bought and started use it during his sleep (leave it on beside his bed). He has used it for 3 months and until now doesn't have any impact or solution to his problem.
It is not cheap but now become rubbish for us.
Maybe it is good only to some people but not to all people.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Miracle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

My little boy has asthma, majority of the time he's good and his asthma is managed with his inhalers but when he's bad he's bad and today was that day, my grandmother had this machine for my grandfather whos sadly no longer with us so she said we could have it for my son. When spent all of last night up with the constant dry cough he gets from his asthma giving him countless puffs of his inhaler which gave temporary relief. Today we collected your product from my grandmother and within one hour he'd stopped coughing and wheezing and didn't require his inhaler for the rest of the day, he's now soundly asleep and I cannot believe the difference. Having used salt clinics I was skeptical as I didn't feel we were gaining anything from a one hour visit to them at such a high cost but this unit has to be the best invention ever it's so hard to see a loved one struggle with their breath it's draining on kids too (and parents) so thank you you've no idea how happy this product makes me. :-)

• 4 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Best Thing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I bought this for my husband as he gets asthma, but since using the Salin plus Salt therapy he hasn't had to use his puffer hardly, plus he suffered with his sinuses and again he is breathing a lot better and he is not snoring as much as he use to. I would recommend this to anyone, it's the best thing I have ever bought.

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Problem solved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I've been having a problem with dry mouth and sometimes snore, after a recommendation from a friend I've been using the Salin Plus for only a few days and have a huge change in my sleeping.
No dry mouth, no snoring and a deeper sleep.
I'm so impressed I've ordered a second Salen Plus for our son who suffers from hay fever, snoring and is a shift worker.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Breathe better, Sleep better.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

Since using Salin plus salt therapy my breathing has improved greatly, and enabled me to have a very much improved nights sleep. This has also enabled me to increase my energy level, and in so doing I have been able do more exercise...and this in turn has helped me to lose weight.

Limericl

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Cant believe how irs improved my very bad chest

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

18 months ago a friend of mine suggested i might try saline plus to help me with my chronic bronchitis. I stopped smoking 11 years ago and since i stopped i was plagued with recurrent chest infections at least 5 or 6. or more per annum.Along with the discomfort of the infection and being constantly tired from anti biotics and also the expence of doctors visits i was willing to try anything.I purchased a saline plus machine and filter more in hope than anything.To my surprise and total delight,saline plus started to work straight away.I have now gone through 2 winters and one summer and i have not had a single chest infection.I still have a bad bronchial cough and some breathing difficulties but nothing towards the difficulties i hadbefore using the saline plus.I am a 66 year old man and i feel like a newman because of the saline plus.I would highly recommend this device to anyone like me who suffers from bronchitis or copd,i cant praise it enough

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love my Salin plus

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I recently had the flu and was having trouble sleeping. I left the Salin plus on all day with the bedroom shut up and left it on through the night. My sleep that night was dramatically improved and assisted in getting over the flu quickly. I use the Salin Plus ever night now.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love my Salin Plus salt therapy machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I purchased my Salin Plus salt therapy machine on 08/05/2016.
Had sinuses problems all my life. Tried different stuff for sinuses from drops to tablets.
Nothing has been as effective as The Salin Plus air purifier. I had immediate benefit from it.
I am pleased with my purchase and recommend this product to anyone who suffers from breathing difficulties or have sinuses problems!

More restful Sleep.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I have been using my Salin Plus machine now for over 12 months and have found that it has stopped my night coughing and made for easier sleep. My nasal congestion has been reduced since I have been using my machine all night so now when I travel I take my machine with me to continue the therapy that it has offered.

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2012

One of my best purchases ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I first bought the salin plus after seeing a segment on A Current Affair with raving reviews. I am thrilled with the health benefits including helping me breathe easier at night especially when I have asthma, hay fever, the flu and recently when I got the house inside painted. I have also purchased a second salin plus for my daughter's room and we both use them everynight and our family are much healthier because of this amazing product. I just note on the calendar 4 months in advance as a reminder to change the filter.

Private message

The Salin Plus is excellent therapy for sinus.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

Trying to have a good nights sleep with sinus and hay fever was difficult until I used the Salin Plus. I received so much relief enabling me to have a restful night. I purchased my Salun Plus from Narrabri Pharmacy.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Significantly reduces snoring

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

I purchased the Salin Plus as I have a dust mite allergy and snore as a result. I had been using a snoring app to monitor my snoring and sleep quality. The first night I used the device I was shocked to find my score had dropped from a high teens average to 3. I experience a better night's sleep and so does my partner. I have also purchased one for my son who is an asthmatic and he has found a reduction in his asthma symptoms. The only improvement I would like is an on/off switch rather than having to turn it off at the socket.

Purchased at: Amcal

Peregian springs

Verified Purchase

Sinus relief

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I use my Salinplus when I have a cold or hay fever. I have it running beside my bed at night and have found it relieves the congestion in my head and makes it easier to breath and reduces the runny nose.

Perth

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

I love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

My daughter recently came down with her first cold, as a first time mom it is so hard to see your baby suffering from a blocked nose and not able to breath properly whilst also coughing. Whilst the Fess nasal saline application worked to an extent my baby hated it.

By chance I came over Salin Plus's page on Facebook and decided to take a chance. Boy am I glad I did! Using it for the first time tonight and bubs has not coughed once, and her nose also seems to have cleared up. Husband is skeptical, I haven't heard him snore as yet ;)

Ordering was such a breeze, tuned up at my door in 2 days! I had a query and left a message and got a call back in less than 5 mins and my queries answered. One very happy and returning customer !

Busselton

Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Totally clears my sinus!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I purchased the Salin Plus after it was recommended by a family member. I'm so thrilled to report an end to my night time sinus headaches and congestion! Now I wake up with a clear head for the first time in years! I never sleep without my Salin Plus and it's even compact enough to take with me when I travel!

Gold coast

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Air feels clean to breathe!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I have chronic sinus congestion due to a number of different allergys and use the salin plus overnight. I find it helps my sinuses dry out considerably which is such a wonderfully nice feeling for a change.
My bedroom also has mustiness periodically after rainy periods and after I put the salin plus on the air I'm breathing feels of much better quality!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 16 pages

How do I know when to replace filter??

Jean asked on Nov 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jean, you cannot tell by looking at the filter apart from a dust build up at the back of the filter. The reason you need to change it after 4 to 6 months of continuous use, is that after that period of time, the device is not able to break off more micro particles and put them into the air to breathe, therefore there is no longer any therapeutic benefit. The performance degrades over time and the advise is that after 6 months there is no longer a health benefit. The filter will always remain full of salt particles but you cannot breathe in the large particles, they need to be sub 5 micron.

Hi Jean - I always replace my filter after 4 months of continuous use, taking account of any period when I was away on holidays, I find this the most effective way of utilising the benefits of the machine.

Cheers, Peter Hill

Thank you for your reply. I have mine over a year but use it only intermittently when kids are sick with colds /flu which is thankfully not often.

I’ve got the saline plus for about 12 months. However I’ve noticed in the last few weeks the fan turns on and off intermittently. Any reason why this should happen? If the filter needs changing would that be a reason why it’s happening?

Helen O asked on Oct 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Helen, it's nothing to do with the filter. Have you registered your warranty? I think it's a faulty connection with your power adapter. You need to contact us directly via phone or email us at sales@salinplus.com.
Barry

How can i clean the water tray and hose? They get very grimy and I have been soaking them in washing up liquid but not cleaning properly. Thank You Aine

Aine asked on Oct 20, 2017

Answer this

Hi Aine, we don't have a water tray or hose with our product.

See all 114 questions about Salin Plus Salt Therapy