Unley

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

I honestly would never own anything else ever again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Amazing phone. They are quite long, but the awesomeness of the phone truly makes up for it. Large screen, great unlocking features. Fast operating system. You won't regret purchasing this phone. Its nice not to be tied to a program to function and transfer your files. Plug into a computer and drag and drop. Something iOS makes extremely restrictive. I preordered and got a wireless charger and a Galaxy Tab A. Was a great bonus.

Comments
Samsung Official

Being able to easily drag and drop files is one of our favourite features too, Dani. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy Note 8. You’re awesome!

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very poor performance. Many errors. Poor battery life. Expensive for nothing!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

The camera is not practical at all. You cannot take two consecutive photos. You have to press the back button after each picture to start over.
Very short battery life. Almost being charged continuously.
A lot of errors that could not be fixed: one example, autodownload everything from WhatsApp even if you disable this option.
Many other problems with the performance. Very disappointed.

Comments
Samsung Official

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Note 8, Dr T. The camera's settings can be adjusted so that it does not preview the current photo taken via camera settings. Also, in relation to WhatsA... read more »

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Of course, an amazing device

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I mean how many more reviews do you need to read to know this is a top 5 best phone ever! I've had mine for nearly one year and it's never missed a beat. The screen is jaw dropping every day. I use the camera a lot and it's effing insane. The quality, especially in low light is outstanding. I wish I could show you. Video is equally impressive. I got mine on a really good Vodafone deal wish was what tipped me. So comparing this to my wife's Samsung 9+, her camera is better but the Note has the better screen. Performance feels the same. Battery will drain fast if you don't manage your system settings correctly but it also recharges very fast. Obviously now super seeded by Note9 look to get one for around $900 new or $600 used. Check for damage as they are slippery buggers.

Great phone, bad battery

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

I think it was so traumatic for Samsung to release a powerful phone with powerful battery. SO this Note 8 is certainly has everything except for powerful battery. It only last 4 hours for continuous usage (meaning, when I go travelling and use many apps such as map, translator, camera, browser, chatting). But during general 'desk-bound' days, it serves me well, the battery lasts a full day.
another cons: the selfie camera has 2 modes. the zoom in and zoom out mode. During video call, the default camera setting is the zoom-in mode. So when you are on a video call with your face 20cm from the phone, you can only see half face. I don't think I can change that setting.
best part: I use tons of apps. No lag, ever. powerful storage too!

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

This product (no longer just a phone) is one of the best mobile personal computing devices I have se

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Transferring data from one device to the new Note is seamless, the apps are ready to be used and the hardware is supplied. The device itself works just as intended, is very smooth and lag-less.
Even though this device is from the Note family, its size and form are not huge and this is very comfortable in your hand, it weighs almost the same as older S7 edge Samsungs.
So far the battery life has been ok, this has been used a lot, mainly during set up and because it is new.

Highly recommended.

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Queensland

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Excellent phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I love this phone it runs so smooth I am really satisfied by its performance, the camera quality is great.However, the touch screen sometimes becomes non responsive may be because of my hand cream lol.i dont use it except for calling and browsing so,really dont know all the features. I dropped it few times but it didn't crack but it dented the rim and the S pen got stuck not really satisfied with the quality of the frame but still no complaints cannot expect much after dropping it as,I dont use any screen covers or body protection as,it kills the fun.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Comments
Samsung Official

Thanks for your review Tsh, we really appreciate you taking the time to write about your Galaxy Note8. We're very happy to hear that you are enjoying your device in regard to the S-Pen being stuck,... read more »

Excellent phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

The note 8 is what I would call a nearly complete phone.
Starting from a great dual camera which shoots near professional photos to the outstanding screen to the incredible s pen, this is great in nearly all respects.
Samsung takes android to next level with tons of customisation options.
The only things which could have been better are the fingerprint scanner and speaker.

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Perfect for productivity, Fast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

This phone is a big leap after Note 7 debacle. Much better camera and live mode photography is the best feature if you are photo enthusiastic.

I used if all heavyweight apps such as AR and gaming and never had any lagging or speed issue. The stylus is very handy and I used it on the split screen for taking notes.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Nelson Bay

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

BEST phone I've owned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

The camera is insane! Anyone that uses or sees photos on my screen comments on the quality.
I've dropped the phone a few times with absolutely no problems afterwards and the brightness of the screen is certainly well and truly enough!
I use my phone for my calendar, my research and pretty much my entire life and I couldn't be happier.
All of the apps runs smoothly and the screen sensitivity is the best I've had.
Super happy!

Sydney

• 10 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Great Mobile Phone!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Got this phone in April this year, 4 years after my contract on my contract with my old Galaxy Note 3 finished. It was time to upgrade. It is a very good decision because this phone is way much better - its excellent. The camera is excellent - very satisfied with the photo and video quality. The battery lasts 4x longer than my old one and charged 10× faster I think. My apps run smoothly as well.
Highly recommended.

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great phone - Doesn't self immolate this year!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Great low light camera.
Good screen. I miss the flat screen of the Note 4 but the curved does look good and make it more pocketable.
Battery last me all day under normal use.
Great tech specs, SD card expansion is fantastic.
I recommend Nova Launcher over the Stock Sammy UI though.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Fullerton Cove

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

NOTE 8 IS AWESOME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Samsung galaxy note 8 is so Awesome.
Just everything about the phone, from the huge crystal clear High Definition screen, to the super awesome camera/ video resolution. 64 GB built in memory. I highly recommend getting the Tech 21 Brand case, which is very strong and durable case.
Love it.

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Perfect mobile

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

The samsung note 8 is the best, there no need to own a tablet when you own this , I it's a great size it's clear oled screen with expandable storage, the pen comes in handy when you need to take notes over the call just place the call on loud speaker and pull put your pen and start taking notes and save it. And there is another feature which is amazing when your battery start getting very low and your out,there is a power saving button just tap that and it will give your many more hours to use your mobile I not sure if apple has that feature but it worth a million dollars when your stuck with a low battery.

Oatlands

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great looking Phone with exceptional battery and performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Fantastic phone with a battery that lasts me 2 days without charging. Like other comments say, a great camera for photos and video in daylight but not so great at night even with the flash. I seem to get a lot of red eye's in my night photos. Super fast responsiveness and superb screen display. The display is 6.3 inches, but its a tall thin phone which will make most videos stretch wider than usual even if the video is 16.9 resolution..

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I love it... Best screen and functionality. Very smooth and can be run with one finger unlike previous Note versions. Highly recommended. I am happt with battery life. Color limitation could have been increased as recently only 2 available with most of providers. Fast charging is useful as if running late it is handy

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Galaxy Note 8

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

The camera function of this phone is quite satisfied, the effect of daytime photography is better than the night effect, in the night photo shoot out of the effect a little blurred.
This cell phone display a bit of a problem, the use of the process of black screen once, brightness is quite satisfactory.
In addition to the use of SMS and phone functions I also use mobile phone playing games, but in the course of the game is not smooth phenomenon, other entertainment is Good.
applications run on the phone is still smooth, not too much problem, no impact on the Use.

Purchased at: Samsung

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

My note 8 is a lemon!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

My Samsung note 8 is a dud and continues to get worse, my phone has crashed 5 times in the year that I've had it where I can't turn it off on two occasions the alarm has continued to go off and I can't turn it off my phone wont respond, the keyboard has a mind of it's own at times and randomly types by itself. The screen is so delicate that when pushing down on it trying to get it to respond the screen cracked, the sound at times sounds echoey especially when Google or Bixby talks. Customer support are useless often they can't even understand a simple conversation, as usual in another country where English is their second language yet it's called Samsung Australia. This will be my last Samsung phone which is disappointing as I like Samsung phones, this is my 5th note phone. I've asked for my phone to be replaced but all support do is run through their stupid troubleshooting again and again time after time with the same results. Then insist I must give my phone to their technicians to access while I'm inconvenienced some more being without a phone for weeks while I continue to have to pay off my 1k phone. Absolutely disgusting customer service. Samsung you just lost another customer!

Purchased at: Vodafone

Comments
Samsung Official

We're really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Note8, Tina. In this case, we recommend heading into your nearest service centre and have our techs look into this for you. If y... read more »

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Pixel is still a little bit different from the camera, but I have to say that pixels are good. At least I used to shoot out of the pixels of self-feeling is pretty good

display rejects the S-series of the Classic Oval button This I am still very satisfied or is the display resolution is also very good monitor this aspect I am very satisfied with the

I will see the movie play games and so on

this phone paired with the Dragon 835 Of the processor is still very smooth performance is very high

Purchased at: Brand Shopping

GREVILLIA

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Night photo effect is very good at night can also be photographed very detailed and good-looking picture pixel This is really very powerful
display is a big highlight borderless border design is engaging and very durable
in addition to SMS and telephone I will also listen to music to see the video of course there are playing games
I now have a lot of app phone is also quite smooth The CPU is still quite powerful in this respect

Purchased at: Brand Shopping

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

The Perfect Phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

At last I have found a phone that does exactly what you want !
It's the right size and has so much more to offer in the way of apps and information .
I would certainly recommend this brand as initially I wanted a Samsung Galaxy tab but I mistakenly pressed the wrong item. BUT I'm not disappointed in the least !
I would offer anyone this phone in a second if I was not the customer but the manager in a retail store !

Purchased at: Direct Appliance Rentals