The Samsung Galaxy S4 has been replaced by the newer Samsung Galaxy S5 model.

Models:

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Feb 2014

WIFI won't work in Cuba.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I use my s4 in Cuba. Works fine as phone but will not connect to wifi in. All at her phones work fine except galaxy S4 and maybe S5. I had the same problem with my S6 . But after a year they upgraded software and now it works in Cuba. I hope they upgrade my S4 and allow me to connect to wifi in cuba. If you Google
S4 WIFI CUBA. You will see many complaints .

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Coverage issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Having trouble with service coverage. Seems to be less than other phones in same area. cant make calls even thou i have three bars. can any one assist with this problem. Having trouble with service coverage. Seems to be less than other phones in same area. cant make calls even thou i have three bars. can any one assist with this problem.

• 9 helpful votes

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Love the phone, but can be optimised better.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

The phone is very good to use for this day and age, but don't expect the fastest experience. The software of the phone is the only thing that slows it down because it is unoptimized. Nice camera quality, slow to focus, but the colours are very bright and vivid. The software does though have very nice smart features like glance screen and wave to answer.

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great mobile phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

The Galaxy S4 is good to use , has a nice display, an improved camera and a huge amount of software features and functions, many of which are gimmicks. This is an excellent and overall outstanding smartphone, also a long battery life which i find from my previous phone. Great photo taking.

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Simple and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

This phone is such a good phone all round - it takes great quality photos, has removable battery and expandable memory and does everything you would expect in a smartphone! It is really sturdy too and has survived being dropped numerous times. Still works just as good as the first time I bought it. Don't see any reason to upgrade to newer gimmicky phones when this classic model does everything it needs to!

Model: i9507 Date Purchased: Apr 2014

Bad phone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

It is the bad phone I had ever use. The screen is thin and is easy to be cracked. The battery life is short. Some time it is shut down without any notifications. The price is good, but the phone life should be considered. Overall, it's an Ok phone ^^.

Purchased at: Virgin Mobile

Blue Mountains

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Not the best

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

Phone is still working however is slow and sluggish, freezes constantly, sometimes doesn't ring (when in range) and battery now only lasts 1/2 a day with no use (phone under 2 years). I loved Samsung previously however will not buy again. Biggest gripe is the camera. The camera on a previous phone I had (s2) was brilliant. So many moments lost to poor picture quality. Also curved screen makes it almost impossible to scroll as it triggers it on the side.

• 1 answer

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: May 2015

Robust and Reliable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Actually this is the birthday gift I bought for my hubby. And he loved it until he dropped it and broke the screen a year later. It fulfilled all his needs for a mobile. Good battery life and easy to use. He has dropped it quite a few times until the last fall on our stone floor ended its life. It costs quite a bit to fix the screen. So he signed up a contract for his Samsung galaxy S5.

Purchased at: Vodafone

Brisbane

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Robust and functional

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I got this one after my old HTC died and it's lasted me longer than I thought it would! Although it's an old model, it can still support many of the latest apps. The internal memory is quite large and expandable with a micro SD card. The camera is good and has extra modes like night shooting, panorama, and HDR - great for someone who doesn't want to own a standalone camera. Have dropped mine multiple times and no cracks on the screen! (I have a screen protector). The biggest downsides are the built-in samsung apps that you can't uninstall, and the battery life. Mine seems to need charging every 24 hrs even when I don't use it at work...

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Awesome phone!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

This has been a great phone. I have owned several other phone from other manufacturers and this one seems so much easier to navigate the menus and also the screen is really bright so it's good when i'm working outside. The battery life is also pretty good and will normally last most of the day.

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: Jun 2013

This phone has lasted forever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

This Galaxy S4 has lasted me for ages- and it was a hand me down from a family member who had it for two years before me. It's survived through being dropped probably 100 times, and the battery is still going quite good. The corner did crack near the home button when dropped facedown without a case, but it has functioned well with the crack for 6+ months.

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Great phone of its times

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Used this phone for almost 4 years and only changes it because of a screen replacement went wrong. Otherwise even after 4 years from its release it is still beats to most phones in its price range. The full HD screen is vibrant and bright. The SD 620 process has decent power to handle the demanding new apps and the removable battery and the expandable storage which are luxary in these days is another plus point. If you are looking for a decent phone for your mom or kids for a price that won't break your bank this is the phone to look for.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Model: i9505

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I love my Samsung S4 though I purchased it second hand I can honestly say it's a great phone, and I have always found Samsung to be a reliable brand.

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: May 2017

Perfect midprice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2017

Love this phone. Perfect price range, great size - not too big, no problems at all. Recommend it. A bit slippery so definitely needs a case to protect and prevent from slipping out of my hands or pocket. Otherwise, the perfect phone for me. Great for teenagers too, not too expensive if they lose it.

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Mar 2014

I don't recommend Samsung galaxy if u r looking for a phone that's ment to last more then a few year

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

This is my second Samsung galaxy phone I have ever owned the first one I bought I wasted money on because it over heated so bad it burned to touch so I tossed it in the garbage, I bought the one I have now and it's cropping out as well, it gets hott, shuts down on me works when it wants to work the first one capped out after the first month of owning and this one at least lasted a few years now it's cropping out do u ever make phones to last? I don't recommend Samsung galaxy if u buy a phone to last because u will have to buy a new one in a few years..e first one capped out after the first month of owning and this one at least lasted a few years now it's cropping out do u ever make phones that last?

Purchased at: eBay

Perth WA

• 2 answers

Model: i9500

Great phone.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone. It's a great phone and it's camera is excellent, the only problem I have is not a problem with the phone, it's with the signal strength of the carrier (Optus), signal strength is hit and miss in my home.

Model: i9505 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Excellent! Only one issue.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

PROS
1. Good size phone.
2. Easy to use.
3. Big buttons/letters and easily size adjusting options.
4. Good quality camera (front - [slightly worse] & back - [much better than front])
5. Phone itself has a sh!t-tonne of emoj's! So if you, like me, love to use emoji's when texting or talking on Facebook, this one is the one you want!
6. Amazing range of apps including a sh!t-tonne of space/memory for new apps, games, and other things.

CONS
1. To "slippery" to hold without having in a phone-case. Always getting dropped due to its slim line description and slippery touch.
2. The screen cracks extremely easily, so don't drop it otherwise you will have a screen like mine.
3. Once this phone starts to get old, it gets a little glitchy. I've had mine for 1.5 years and it probably has to do with the dropping of the phone all the time - but occasionally - it was glitch out.. or "spazz" out. Lag and then let me hit 50 buttons before doing ALL actions at once! Or I'll be typing a message and it will be so laggy, I will have to wait a few minutes for my sentence to appear.

This isbjust my view of this phone.
Overally 4.8/5 - Happy as a Duck in Water lol

Model: i9500 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Very happy with this phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

I just recently upgraded from a very old phone to the Samsung S4 and could not be happier. It is a good choice, when not wanting to spend too much money but still wanting a phone that functions well, is quick and has a decent camera. Battery life very good.

Perth, WA

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: i9506 Date Purchased: May 2016

Super fast - no lag

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

This review is the i9506 which is the fastest S4. I am in no way reviewing the i9505 which is a much slower cheaper model.

I am self-employed computer tech. I use my phone as my business. At any given time I am simultaneously answering the phone, sms'n, sending emails, using invoice apps, making calendar appointments. My time is super limited and I need a phone that can keep up with me with my fingers and brain working faster than my eyes can keep up with. This phone is that phone.

My phone runs hot because I work it hard. I carry 3 batteries with me when I go out for the day and whilst the batteries wear out in around 3 hours, the phone at no point slows down or causes me delays. There is no way I could own and iphone or samsung that has a sealed battery in because I am heavy user and there is just not enough downtime near a charge point for me to wait for the battery to charge.

Pros:
- CPU is fast.
- 2GB RAM is plenty.
- Screen size is big so that you get a good view, but not too big that the phone is cumbersome.
- It is a good looking phone if you are risky enough not to put it in a bulky silicone case. I think it's safe to say that any smart phone not in a bulky ugly bouncy silicone case is going to have a very short life span. So looks are pretty superficial.
- Camera is good. I used own Samsung S3's and the upgrade in quality was massive.
- You can change the battery over. I use my phone for work and it has quiet a few apps (book keeping, several emails, navigation) I have a spare on charge and take it with me if I am out for the day and just simply swap the batteries over mid way through the day.

Cons:
- I have owned 4 of these phones now (lost, damaged) all of them the GPS, there are many youtube video's showing putting tinfoil under the GPS connections this appears to work, but doesn't the issue is the hardware as simply turning the phone and off makes the GPS work again.
- 16GB of internal storage is not enough to install your apps. Most apps can only be installed on the internal storage (all google apps must be install on the internal memory).

Purchased at: eBay

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

The phone was a gift to me and has been so simple to use and a perfect size. The phone is quite durable as well, to be honest, I've dropped it quite a few times and it's still working so well. Despite it being older than the new Samsung phones out there, it does it's job well and I use it for work as well as privately! Great phone!

1 of 6 pages