Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Moved from IPhone and couldn’t be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Went from iPhone to this and wish I moved years ago. The phone is so slick and polished to use and the photos it takes are amazing. I’ve dropped it a few times and not a scratch. Only thing I don’t like is the keyboard as the space bar is too small, half the time I hit the . Key instead. Other that that, excellent phone. I must admit the iPhone sounded better when Bluetooth streaming, but still can’t recomment this phone enough

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

That's satisfying.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Have to say that the appearance of Samsung mobile phone is very beautiful, curved screen to make the screen look more comfortable. The phone looks very slender, it is comfortable to hold, it does not feel big at all. Clear screen, smooth running, long standby time. The photo is great too. Pixel very good, usually in addition to call, used to play games, watching the movie is very cool.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Not happy with huge cost to repair front screen of my Samsung S8 plus.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

I dropped my Samsung S8 plus mobile. As a result the front screen cracked, even though I had a case on it. I shopped around to get a quote to get the screen replaced. The quotes ranged from $430 to $450 . Samsung's quote was $450. The replacement cost of the screen is excessive and unreasonable amount to have the screen replaced. This cost is well beyond my budget, and I am sure for many other people. I am really disappointed. I really liked the phone, but not able to afford the huge repair bill . I did the right thing I thought buying an expensive case to protect the phone and even that didn't help.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Galaxy S8

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Screen clear system smooth standby time long work exquisite, the first time with Samsung mobile phone, screen clarity and sound quality is very good, the system is very smooth, very good, Samsung I think in the photo has been very good, in addition to using my mobile phone calls, texting, I will use my mobile phone to entertain myself, the role of mobile phone too much.

From a lifelong Apple fan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I have been an Apple fan since day one. I have had every single iPhone since they came out, except for this year. Finally realizing how Apple is not even on the cutting edge of phones. I switched from an iPhone 7plus to the Galaxy Note 8 and it is an extraordinary phone. Great display, great pictures and everything you could want in a phone. IPhone Xpensive, this thing has a finger print scanner, face scanner and an iris scanner!! So happy I switched

Northcote

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Exquisite screen, good battery

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

It still gives me a little thrill turning the S8 on every day screen is just that good - its amazing. Camera is great too. The combination alone would justify the upgrade but you add in silky smooth processing and beautiful clear audio. OK I might still be in the honeymoon phase but its a great phone - it really is!

Purchased at: Mobileciti

KEILOR NORTH

Satisfied mobile phone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Samsung S8, though it was last year's style, is still powerful thanks to the system's ability to upgrade Android 8.0. The disadvantage is that the battery is not durable, which is the common problem of Samsung phones. Performance is excellent, Samsung's wireless charger, I am quite satisfied with this phone.

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

I hate this phone.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

My phone is too sensitive and does its own thing even with a lock. It also has useless inbuilt apps like Bixby that l cant get rid of. Its overpriced and fragile. The camera settings are junk and the messanging services keep fighting with each other over who should handle.the SMS service. I wont use Samsung phones again. You get the same thing with a much cheaper phone.

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Dean, if you believe there may be a fault with your S8 we would suggest heading in to your nearest service centre to have our technicians assess your device. Once it has been assessed we will be... read more »

The Ponds, NSW

• 5 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 46 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Samsung rocks. They just keep getting better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Now, before semi-professional and professional photographers get their knickers in a knot. I do own a DSLR as well as a high end Compact Camera and I know ho good they both are, BUT Samsung Galaxy S8's Photos are more than superb! On a recent European Trip we took 2 cameras incl. the S8. After all when you get to the Eiffel Tower or to watch the Sunset on Santorini and Mykonos, you can't afford to come home with crappy photos. On several occasions, walking around town in the evening and doing snapshots, the best photos (even when watched on a large UHD TV) were on...you guessed it....the S8! Probably because of the 1.7 Lens. OMG, some of the quick snapshots AND 4K Video were just amazing! I have always felt, although iPhones (I used to own several over the years) have a much easier and faster operations system, that Samsung just have better cameras in their phones and Apple keeps trying to catch up. My friend in Germany has the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the photos from his recent Denmark trip were unbelievably good also, especially on the overcast days. The workmanship of the phone, the feel, the glass, the weight....it's just a beautiful piece of technology. 'Hey Google' works much better than SIRI (no offence but SIRI often thinks I am in the U.S. when it comes to Directions) and the charge lasts more than a day and I am on the phone lots as well as using data to send photos etc. S8 or S9 , you can't go wrong. Go on, just get one. lol

Galaxy S8

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Endurance: No heavy trial, a day down with 40%, the battery than before with the S7 better! Sound quality: The lower two speakers cause a stereo sound effect, still can! Signal strength: 4G Internet speed is good, call quality is good!. Charging speed: Not much change compared to S7. The whole is very good.

good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

i love this phone. the features are brilliant. we had to get (blue-tick) phone due to where we live (BUCCA. Q)
we also had to switch to telstra for better reception. the camera woks perfectly even in selfie mode. the Internet works very well as i use the phoe for my emails and facebook, plus instagram etc.

Warrazambil Creek

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

I LOVE THE NOTE 8

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I have to say, it's beautiful, really thin and light, with a gorgeous screen, and it's so much more comfortable to hold than my well-loved Note 3 from back in the day. This time around, I'm getting the Note 8 after owning a super-sweet Galaxy S7 Edge. I am so happy to have a big device again, and this one is really nice. The big iPhones I've held feel really clunky compared to this.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Full-screen phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Always use Apple's mobile phone, want to change Samsung's, after research, bought S8. In addition to the curved screen, the Samsung Galaxy S8 series also brings a full screen. It's cool when you look at your phone, especially when playing games and watching movies. In addition, Samsung's speed is also very fast, basically does not card. Iris recognition can provide users with a more secure level, faster than fingerprints.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love this phone!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Fantastic phone (phablet). Awesome camera. Stores everything I need and I love the SNote and Screenwrite capabilities. Very few bugs and they're updated quickly. All apps run smoothly and the size, weight and display are perfect for watching anything. I use it to travel blog making and editing clips and pics wherever I go.

Prefer the S7 for usability

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Great phone with faster processing and great photo taking capability.
The biggest flaw from my perspective is the loss of the soft buttons in order to gain more screen space.
Sometimes a pain to get the popup home / options buttons to appear to make navigating apps. The only negative found on a great phone. Battery lasts easily for a whole day despite lots of use.
Feels great in the hand and good size for one hand hold / use.

Purchased at: Vodafone

australia

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Takes great pics

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

This is an excellent phone. All options available. It takes great pictures even at night.even better than an iphone. Has fingerprint, face recognition etc. Most apps available on google play. It even records mini videos before u actually take a picture. Will buy samsung again if i have to change phone.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

happy with this one

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I have had the galaxy S8 for almost a year. Have been very happy with it as a phone, does everything I need and more. Way better than an apple, who really have been left behind by android and samsung. I like the waterproof feature and biometrics more than I thought. The rounded screen edges are a little more annoying than I would have thought. Accidental touches are a problem

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Ever since changing from iPhone to a Samsung phone, I have never been happier. Now my whole family uses Samsung phones, from Galaxy s7 to s9+. My kiddo really like this s7, which is an upgrade from the Note 5.The picture quality is great, camera is great and the speed of operation is much better than any other samsung phones. All in all this is a great one.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Exits when not wanting it to

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Numerous times browsing YouTube, my internet browser or browsing my Samsung S8, it just exits out of my windows with gestures I never intended. This shouldn't be happening especially when I have important documents opened or important Windows opened. It's more a nuisance that gestures cannot be disabled. Fix it Samsung or Rambo will find you!

Comments
Samsung Official

That doesn't seem right Mark, can you please confirm if you receive any error messages when these windows close? Can you also please confirm if you have your navigation bar permanently set on your... read more »

Qld

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Perfect phone! Durable and Water proof/resistant works a treat!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Awesome phone, apps runs smooth and fast. So much personalization available, text size, display, colour etc. Dropped my phone in the ocean for an hour and picked it out still working fine. Love this phone. Great camera, both front and back and extensive selection of ring tones. Highly recommend this phone. Worth the money i paid.

1 of 40 pages

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?

FrozzSkoda asked on Mar 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi there

In my opinion it’s best to get an Iphone
Samsung are easily hacked and crash a lot

JP

it'd be best if you weren't a tosser

You asked a question, and I gave an answer, you obviously are a total looser,
If I am a tosser, you must be the idiot.

Cheers

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Cliffo asked on Aug 05, 2017

Answer this

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Product Details