Date Purchased: May 2017

Good phone and low maintenance.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

I have been an avid Samsung/Android user for 4+ years and previously owned the Samsung Galaxy S7.
- CAMERA QUALITY: The camera quality is AH-MA-ZING! There are also plenty of adjustable settings to suit your needs whether it's portrait, night-mode or outdoors. This phone allows you to select the right setting for you.
- LAYOUT/DESIGN: One thing that swayed me to switch from iPhone to Samsung is the flexibility in designing which colour/theme you would like for your phone. Samsung allows you to customise your phone layout with different colours and icons.
- FUNCTIONALITY: With good care, this phone runs smoothly and there is even a section for 'Device Maintenance' where your phone automatically cleans up any free storage, and also shuts down apps for better Battery Life.
- EXTERIOR DESIGN: This phone is a good size, however, I have small hands and find it hard to have a good grip when using my phone - but not a major problem. A good solution would be to buy a Pop-Socket or Phone-Ring to solve this problem.

ONE WISH:
The cable/charger that came with my Samsung S8 did not provide a 'Fast Charging' option for my phone. I have recently bought a cable from Kmart for $8 which provides me with this option.

Purchased at: Vodafone

NAILSWORTH, SA

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

A good phone and would buy again

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

I switched to Samsung after endless Bluetooth issues with a new iPhone, and this is my first Android phone. I found switching over and transferring my data pretty easy with the Smart Switch option but adapting to a totally different operating system that so much more customisable and less seamless that the Apple system took a while. It was worth the effort though and I intend to stick with Samsung phones from here on out.

The display and picture quality on the S8 is fantastic and I love the full screen design. The sound quality is great for a mono speaker but I'd love for it to have been stereo sound. The camera quality is a lot better than the iPhone 8 that I had although the native setting for the picture display is extremely saturated and unnatural, so I had to adjust it to the sRGB display option to get a look that matched what I saw on other devices.

I'm a pretty heavy user of the internet and social media and for the most part the phone works well in this area. There are times when the Facebook app is glitchy, although I suspect this has more to do with the app itself rather than the phone. Every now and then the Chrome app will freeze up and I'll have to close all apps and the reopen them but I also had to restart my iPhone every now and then for similar issues, so I imagine all phones experience this to some degree.

I've dropped the phone a few times and it hasn't been damaged, although I do have a drop proof case and a good quality screen protector on it. The screen protector cracked slightly during one of the drops but the phone screen seems completely intact underneath. I wouldn't be game to use this phone without protective covers on it as it does seem quite easily breakable, as are most phones these days.

Cairns

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Samsung S8 is for repair the 4th (FOURTH) time in 13 Months within the 2 Year Warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I had to sent back my Mobile Phone Samsung S8 to Samsung Repair the 4th time due a terrible Screen Burn (also called Ghosting). I just been told that I can get it repaired AGAIN or they will send it back unrepaired. I just filled out a form to the ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission) including Repair Invoice attachment and reported them as they probably have not red the laws regarding replacements or reimbursement when there is a problem which can't be repaired or fixed.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Good phone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

I like my galaxy S8, I bought this on a plan with Optus. The camera quality is very good, as it is clear. I don't have any issues with its software and apps. It is easy to use and the size is right for my hand and my pocket. But for the waterproof thing, my little boy dropped this phone in the sink full of water for 5-10 seconds and there was a line in the phone, which was quiet annoying, that is why I gave 4 stars. Fortunately warranty covered all the repairs and my phone was repaired very quickly, so I am very happy with their customer service.

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not the best of the Galaxy range

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Similar battery issues as previous reviews. Stopped fast charging within 6 months, now takes over night for full charge. Very expensive to repair damaged screen- so much so it’s slmost the same price to start over. Camera not fantastic quality, poor portraits. Sensors, particularly the year not reliable at all times.

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

Vaughan/Toronto

Bodies 2 Envy Fitness and the Samsung s8

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Great user friendly phone with awesome battery power. I was considering upgrading to the new Samsung s10 but... NA, going to keep this model. I use to be a Iphone user but felt limited, I mean each time you need more memory you have to buy the next model Iphone. Most Samsung phones come with standard 32 memory. If you want more simply add the memory card. Samsung you make great phones.

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Good phone but very delicate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Brought the phone on virgin mobile plan and had it for over a year now. Generally good. Pictures are perfect but very delicate when dropped on floor even with the cover on. Had some GPS issues got it fixed under warranty. Updates are very bad for the phone i think....now my rear camera doesnt focus properly now and then...over all good phone but be very careful with it

Purchased at: Virgin Mobile

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Terrible phone! 8 months old and already not charging!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I am so disappointed with Samsung. My phone is never been near water. however it does not charge because of the system says the moisture has been detected.
Also it has a useless Bixby button that interfere your every action. Also the Samsung service said it might not be under waranty.

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Falco, we are very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Galaxy S8. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jazz
Samsung Australia

• 1 question

Love this phone.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

I love the camera and the photos are clear and crisp. Everything runs nicely on the phone and has lots of storage. its quick and responsive. Besides calling and messaging I am always using it for navigation. I liked the phone so much I encouraged my daughter to get one also.

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Have had my samsung galaxy for over a year and its never skipped a beat.
Great camera, not 100% at night but it still works. Apps all run great on it!
I do definitely recommend getting a phone cover for it though as if you drop it it can be quite fragile!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Excellent camera, excellent screen, good storage.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

The picture quality is excellent. People have often asked if photos were taken on a serious camera rather than a phone. The screen looks good and the form factor of the phone is good too - nice and big but not too large to hold. The slo-mo function of the camera is also amazing, and is great for taking photos of the kids doing things like jumping into the swimming pool.

Perfect size

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Samsung galaxy s8 had excellent design. The user interface is easy to use and highly customizable, the screen is amazing, it comes with 64 gigs of storage and the battery life is incredible! I've tried it on the two main battery settings, high and mid, and both lasted me at least a full day.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Mohammed, thank you for sharing your review with us. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we’re so thrilled to hear you love the Galaxy S8.

Sydney, NSW

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Good phone! Can't live without it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Cameras are good with sharp selfie cam and imiproved rear shooter. Display nice and bright. Use it for messaging, calling and videos. Apps run smooth - category leading performance. This is the sleekest phone design yet. Excellent battery life can last for hours provided you have the battery optimization setting on.

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, having a great selfie camera is a must! Hope you have a fantastic New Year.

- Vicky

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Best phone i have had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Samsung, you did an amazing job with your Galaxy S8.
I am very impressed by its features, performance, speed, battery life.
I have bought a wallet for it as i like the added protection for my phone, not fond of hearing people dropping their phone and replacing the screen which costs them a small fortune.
Just like to say thank you.
I am very satisfied with the camera quality and the Mpixels.
The durability is only the amount of protection you have on the outer casing.
The brightness is great, very optional for personal settings.
I use my mobile for various means, calls, txting, internet, gaming while travelling on public transport.
The apps run very smoothly,
I am so very impressed with this.

Comments
Samsung Official

We strive to be the best in innovating new technology. It’s comments like this that motivate us to continue to "Inspire the World, Create the Future".

Canberra

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great Android Phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I love my s8 but do wish it had an iPhone camera! it's got a tougher screen than the galaxy phones I have owned previously and is the 1st to survive a year with no cracks! Apps run smoothly and the phone holds charge for the whole day. I love it

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Jess, thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Galaxy S8. We think you made the right choice to switch over to the Galaxy!

- Vicky

Sydney

• 16 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Customer Service for this new phone disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

After approaching Samsung Australia for a warranty repair on my 600.00 phone, the SD and SIM holder snapped first time used.. I sticky tapped it together so I could take it overseas.
Samsung informed me to
Backup phone so that I dont lose any data (again the holder was broken, nothing to do with apps)
Send the phone to Sydney for a repairer to see if I broke the phone, then no liability on their part
I had to prove it was purchased in Australia, which I can
They would take 10 working days to assess, or I could drive for 3 hours and drop it off
Would not provide transcript of phone conversation in case I did take them to court
It is a 6.00 part, I purchased off ebay as it was less stressful then trying to get warranty
This phone works well, but if you do buy one be mindful, they used very cheap plastic to hold your sim and sd card, this snaps very very easily.
Samsung have lost a long term customer over this.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Sue, we do apologise for the troubles you have been facing. The estimated turn around time if you head in to a store is up to 72 hours depending on parts availability and work flow. Don't have t... read more »

After the appaling treatment. I purchased the part and will fix the phone myself. As I said, you have lost a big supporter.

SYDNEY, New South Wales

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

very good quality and but screen isnt perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I use for 6 months and it has the hard body when you always falling your phone.
but I am not easy for use about screen becue have the edge sometimes my finger touch that
never warming and never crashing for using a 3d game
camera is perfect for the family taking a photo

Purchased at: Kogan.com

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2018

Worst phone I've ever had

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

I am beyond frustrated with this phone. Most web pages won't load regardless of whether I'm using WiFi or network provider. When they do open I've had to refresh the page multiple times to do so. I live in Adelaide so it's not like I'm in the middle of the dessert.
I've just taken photos and can't change the file size without emailing to myself then downloading and saving back to the phone. This is ridiculous. I have an iPhone for work and don't have to jump through hoops to carry out what should be a simple function.
Also, the lowest ringtone you can select on this phone is still quite loud. I don't want to have my phone on vibrate but it's embarrassing when my phone rings so loudly when I'm at work on the quietest setting I can choose.
I feel like throwing this phone in the garbage it's so bad. Which is saying something as I've always been a Samsung advocate.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Samsung Official

That doesn't sound right Deb. Try to follow these steps. - Confirm if your phone has the latest software update installed - Reboot your device - Use Google chrome, or Firefox as your web brow... read more »

I have confirmed that my phone has the latest software update installed, rebooted and am using Google chrome. Still having issues. I also can't seem to send emails. They just sit in my oubox queued... read more »

Melbourne

Super happy with the Samsung Galaxy S8

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I have had this handset for almost a year now, prior to that another Samsung galaxy (s5) and I believe Samsung phones are user friendly and less complicated than iPhones with better specs as well. The camera has some great features, producing high-quality pictures and videos, the phone also has some features that I'm still discovering like a video display as the home page. The widgets are convenient and the side bar makes it easier to take a screenshot and share things easily.

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Ghi, we're super happy to hear that you're loving the Galaxy S8. Have you tried creating an AR Emoji? It's one of our favourite camera features. ... read more »

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

VOC = Voice of the customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

VOC = Voice of the customer

Ok, so whilst I love this phone and all its many features, there are also numerous highly disruptive and defective faults that my particular unit has which has been an absolute bloodbath trying to get a satisfactory repair from the Samsung Repair centre and also Samsung Sydney Head Office. My problems began middle to late 2017, yes almost immediately after the phone was bought. The primary faults with my unit are …

1 – Calls dropping out
2 – Phone freezing, needing to be reset
3 – When 1 sms message comes in, it is shown as 4 messages.

After numerous queries with the Samsung repair centre, the unit was sent away for repair after I stressed I expected all 3 items to no longer be defective. I had a ‘motherboard’ replaced however I later learnt that this phone has 2 main motherboards and there was not a single improvement with my issues, just a big waste of my time.
I’ve just taken my phone in again (31st October 2018) and begged the question, can this phone be fit for purpose with all 3 of these hardware and software faults completely rectified? My suggestion was if all 3 were not satisfactorily able to be fixed, that a new replacement unit be provided to me. Samsung repair centre after asking me lots of questions and not able to book me in (I had to come back a few days later) booked me in to have my handset looked at. I asked, with all these issues, why don’t you simply take my unit and give me a swapover unit? They told me the device needed to be sent it 3 times before this could happen. I also asked if I could have a loan phone, of course not, that would be too much to ask! There is never one on offer, on every single occasion. I’ve has to go out and buy a temporary phone as God knows how long this may take and how many technicians and ‘Voice of the Customer’ representatives and managers this will have to go through before I actually get a ‘fit for purpose’ by Australian law phone.

I really do not understand how loan phones are never available for anyone, even a $100 phone. Guys, why not give out a flagship phone, it’s the perfect opportunity to do the upsell after someone has gotten used to it for a couple of days. I’m able to get a complimentary $50,000 car when I have my vehicle serviced, however even the most basic loan phone is never able to be provided to anyone, even a business customer such as myself whom doesn’t have the time to run around. That’s the other thing, I’m around 40 minutes away from the Samsung Centre at Marion, the repair centre is 10 minutes away at Woodville however they do not ‘deal with customers’ as they put it there. Also, the phones are couriered back to Marion, if they don’t offer the service to go and pick it up why not have a courier service door to door whereby the phone can be delivered to a home or business the same day as it is repaired? You can get a book or dvd delivered quicker from Amazon from interstate than a phone which is a few suburbs away.

Lastly, I had a repulsive gentleman I dealt with via the “Samsung Care” centre whom talked over the top of me, told me he cannot help with any of my matters or concerns and then as I raised my voice and told him how useless this whole process is, he told me he will ‘cancel my repair claim’ and have my unrepaired phone sent back to Samsung Marion since I am refusing to have a repair undertaken. These were not even my words at all, I told him he shouldn’t be in customer service at all the rude way he spoke with people. So lets see, the phone was dropped into Samsung Repair on Wednesday 31st October, with an expectation of having a resolution within 24 hours as per the website. No calls at all on Thursday, I’m chasing down via the 1300 number on Friday to no avail. The repair centre technician was actually very nice, they admitted they didn’t know how to fix all these issues, or why the sms messages were coming up multiple times, 2 sms messages show as 8, 4 show as 16 and so on. She said she will recommend to head office for a replacement unit to be supplied. I get a call later that day from Samsung Sydney explaining in great detail how many components they wish to replace and that they hadn’t done it last time like they should have. I said ‘mate, I’ve been told this phone is beyond repair, the technicians don’t know how to rectify all the hardware and software problems this phone currently has’.

So this is Friday 1st November. Saturday 2nd I go out of my way to purchase a new phone as I expected a 24 hour solution. Sunday goes by, Monday goes by, Tuesday goes by. I have no idea, this is beyond a joke. Nothing fixed to date. Just thought I’d let everyone know, don’t expect service if you have issues with your phone or a legal fit for purpose replacement, even if the phone as the technician implied is basically ‘written off’ for parts. The story is not finished yet.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Les, thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review and we're sorry to hear about your frustrations. As the VOC team is the highest point of contact, your case manager will be the best poi... read more »

1 of 40 pages