Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Back glass breaks immediately, bad echo during calls, camera failed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Phone looks great but the back glass broke after less than 2 months when Phone fell from car middle console 1 ft down onto the padded car floor.
In one out of 10 phone calls there's a terrible echo for the other person on the line. It usually disappears after 45 seconds but I can't use this phone for my job.
Now, 4 months after I bought the phone the back camera has failed, can only take selfies now.
The idea of this phone is great but the quality is terrible.
Also the user interface is cumbersome.
Visually the phone is beautiful, such a shame the durability is so bad.
My last two phones lasted 4 years each, this one didn't make it for 3 months.
Waste of money, buy a different phone.
Purchased from dicksmith.com.au it’s a grey import apparently so Samsung doesn’t honour the warranty in Australia.
To get support from Dicksmith, you need to send in the phone which can take 30 days plus transit times. Not happy.

Purchased at: Dick Smith

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

I Have Never Written A Review In My Life But This Phone!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Purchased the s8+ brand new, after 3 weeks had nothing but problems, sent back 3 times because speaker phone was defective and returned 3 times with the same problem eventually admitted there was issues with the phone and replaced it with a refurbished phone that was also defective, been lied to and brushed off by everyone I have rang at Samsung, absolutely disgusted with their service center, I am a Driving Instructor and rely on my phone for my business I will never purchase anything Samsung again in my life, please research before purchasing this phone.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: May 2018

This was my favorite phone...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

This is an amazing phone with taking still shot photo's, and for space, mapping and lots more. The biggest flaw with this phone is being Brand New no companies stock the tempered glass screen that protects your phone and LCD light. And photos being captured within windy areas become blurred. Otherwise the product is great.

Victoria

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Does the job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

The samsung s 8 does the job of a very good phone. I have owned an iphone before, and i do not think I will go bank to an iphone. the samegsung s 8 itself has what an i phone can deliver, or even more. Love the android on it!

Purchased at: Samsung

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Eastcliff, Porthtowan , Truro , Cornwall

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

The terrible problems with this phone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

When I bought this phone I was very happy with it for a very short while, I bought this phone about 5 months ago at the most. About 6 weeks after I bought it screen burn appeared on the screen and its impossible to get rid of apparently the only way to get rid of it is to have the screen replaced and for what only to have it happen again, no I don't think so as the phone cost me 740 pounds 5 months ago at the most. I will not buy any more Samsung mobiles at all because the S9 will be just as bad as this one and all other phones they have coming out will only get worse. Now I have to sell this phone to get another one a better one not a Samsung phone.

Carnarvon

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Still one of the best smartphones out there.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Intuitive, beautiful, easy to use. Bought this after upgrading from S5 - markedly improved performance with most apps. I mainly used it at work with multi-tasking - including scanning documents, uploading to the cloud based database, and emailing on the go - all worked perfectly without any glitches.

Also the camera is absolutely fantastic - quality is brilliant, and taking pictures of my son is an easy now due to the quick and responsive buttons!

A beautiful technological wonder and a good step up from S5. Kudos to Samsung!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Mount Waverley

• 6 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I've had this phone for over a year now and it's a great phone. Graphics are excellent as well as battery life where I only charge it once a day. Camera is way better than my old S5 where I had to charge many times a day.

The only thing I don't like is how they removed the buttons down the bottom to make more room which can be a pain sometimes.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Airlie beach

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

The best phone i have ever had.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

So powerful and fast, games look incredible, sound quality amazing and the camera takes crisp, clear and beautiful pictures, truly unreal quality. With enough storage to download some of the best app's and games in the market also comes with a great set of earphones and a charger cable that goes in both ways (so easy when trying to plug your phone in the dark)

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

It's better than the seven for sure but much slower then I would have expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I have the most up-to-date software as far as I know all legal information and everything else is completely up to date but it doesn't work much faster than my S6 if it all in fact I've had more troubles with the S8 than I ever did the S6. Everything constantly requires updating and it comes out with a USB c so it's not compatible with any of your charges or chords you need to buy adaptors and stare chords as the one that came with my phone someone still on and I was unable to use it which meant I was unable to use my phone this caused me major issues

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Most rubbish piece of electronic I ever used.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Nothing works on this phone. Camera hangs out. Pdf doesn't open. 3rd party apps don't work. Most importantly adds keep coming from every side. So super cheap. Camera has amazing clarity but not trusted as doesn't always work. You cannot depend on this phone. Samsung might try to do good in the market but will probably another 100 years to go anywhere near Apple.

Don't recomend this phone at all for sure.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

The worst mobile phone I have ever had, might be a good toy but a terrible phone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

The worst mobile phone I have had & the 3rd Samsung I have had & no corrective support from Telstra or Samsung.
It may be a good toy but a rubbish phone. despite repeated efforts to have my problems addressed neither telstra or samsung will offer any reasonable explanation or solution.The phone constantly terminates an incoming call when the answer button is pushed
My next phone will not be a samsung I can't wait to get rid of this one

Sydney

• 3 answers

Fantastic phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I have always been Apple everything but with the battery life not being great, I swapped to Samsung. I wasn't convinced I had done the right thing when I bought the S5, but the S7 and S8 have been amazing! I have an S9+ for work also. The S8 has an amazing camera, its really easy to navigate, so many apps are not Android friendly, I literally cannot fault it. Its nice and light and fits in my purse too.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Date Purchased: May 2017

Can't live without my phone!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

I have had this phone for just over a year and I love it! It is so handy, the camera works really well and there's just so much to do on it. The music is great and sound is quite loud, the screen is very clear and it's a really sturdy phone.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I have had the samsung 8 for a year now, it takes the best photos and videos, is a great size and has so much in built space. It will be intereating to see how they can possibly upgrade this as it is amazing as is. Would recommend this phone 100%

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Great phone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

Purchased 8 months ago through Telstra & love it but I’d hate to need a screen replacement as they are ridiculous prices. So far very reliable & never had an issue but reception quality isn’t the greatest if traveling outback Australia, something one should consider if they live in remote locations.

lahore

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Just ok

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

I bought samsung s8 in september 2017. Yes it was good its camera quality specialy was good. Its scren shape also looks amazing but there is a serious issue with its screen because of edge when ever it falls even from a very low distance it gets broken and after that the broken screen gets bigger and bigger and if falls for second time you have completly lost your cellphone.
Though all i can say its a good model but screen is so worst .

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Overall good - screen could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

After converting from apple, i have not looked back since. Overall it is a good phone. Great fast charging. Only down fall is the screen. There are no real screen protectors to fit this phone due to curved edges. This was confirmed by a Samsung employee. After only having the phone for after a few months i dropped the phone from a very small distance onto carpet. I opened the fully enclosed samsung case it was in and the screen was cracked.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Good Smart Phone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

This is a great smart phone, battery lasts for ages and lots of space. Mine just updated it's firmware to Oreo and now it's even faster. Lots of case options for these phones. It's also handy how the apps update themselves when it's back on the home wifi. And it still comes with a calculator!

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

It's my phone computer and office

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Love the camera, anyone can use it. Seems to be no limit how much you can load on it so life gets easier and easier. Got a free tablet with it which boosts my gigs and a sweet shockproof case which has saved me 6 times. Pretty cheap, upgrading soon.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I thought that going from apple to android would be difficult but the samsung galaxy s8 has made it easy! Such a great phone! Fast and great storage space and has some good case options. I thoroughly enjoy the emojis as they differ from apple devices. Good sized phone, fits perfectly in hand.

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

1 of 37 pages

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?

FrozzSkoda asked on Mar 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi there

In my opinion it’s best to get an Iphone
Samsung are easily hacked and crash a lot

JP

it'd be best if you weren't a tosser

You asked a question, and I gave an answer, you obviously are a total looser,
If I am a tosser, you must be the idiot.

Cheers

Anyone had issues with their clear view case scratching the screen. A small circle of scuffing?

gregorious asked on Oct 02, 2017

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Cliffo asked on Aug 05, 2017

Answer this

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Product Details