Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Worst compared to S2

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

I have just upgraded to the S8 in Jan 2018 after patiently waited for 6 years before I decided to upgrade from my S2. The ONLY reason for the upgrade is simply because my S2 is too old to support the latest apps, programs, etc.

I must say the S8, despite some of its new features, is a step or two backward compared to its predecessor, the S2! The swipe keyboard feature is much less easy to use compared to the S2. Also, the sound effect is terrible. I thought the S2 was bad but this is worst. The sound is too sharp! It's no way compared to its arch rival!

These are the simple things customers look for. Newer models are supposed to be more user friendly compared to the older ones.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Very decent phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

The Samsung Galaxy is a phone that's unlike anything you'll have seen on the market. It's just stunning. the screen is just brilliant - the clearest, sharpest and offers lovely color reproduction to make movie watching a dream, and that's before you've even got to the fact it's wrapped into the chassis so hugely that it has a screen larger than the iPhone 7 Plus in a chassis that feels more like the iPhone 7.

It's pretty good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

I am pretty happy with this phone I got it through my telco a few months ago on a good deal I kind of miss the fingerprint scanner placement of my old phone(Xiaomi Redmi note 4) but apart from the fingerprint sensor that it's just better in General. A good deal now that the S9 is out

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

I am very happy with the product. I feel I am up to date with the technology of the world.
I purchased it after S9 came into the market so it is cheaper. Looks strong, feels strong and the battery lasts me till the morning. I moved from Samsung S4 mini to this.

DANDENONG

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

The phone is fantastic, the infinity display really makes this model stand out. Swapped to the s8 from the iPhone 6 with no regrets, and a little help from the eviee app. The battery is great and it really hasn't changed from when I first purchased it, apposed to the iPhone where after 6 months if feels like you have half a battery left.

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Very poor durability

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Even the slightest bump will cause a catastrophic fail and render the phone a paperweight... avoid it like the plague if you intend to use it outside of a laboratory filled with pillows and cotton wool balls. Even with a protection bump case AND a 'tempered glass' screen protector the smallest fall resulted in a crack that has now cut my finger and then caused complete black screen fail. So bin time for this $1000 waste

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Great product easy to use , good quality apps and good for people who aren't as good at technology , would recommend people to use it . Assistive touch is also good and the security is pretty high . Great picture and very clear . . . . . .

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not family friendly good for an office person

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Fabulous phone to use but the screen FAR to easily cracks on the curve and you can't get a proper tempered glass screen protector to go around curve and actually stay on more than a day. If you have children that love to play with your phone or you are a bit rough on your phone... I do not recommend this phone if not go for it, its fabulous to use.

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

The best phone I've ever owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

I've had over 30 smartphones, and I must admit this one is the best. The size is perfect (regular S8), feels great in hand, and has amazing specs. It has never failed on me. The phone works smoothly, and I think compatibility issues between the hardware and android are a non-issue in this device, compared to many other android phones, in which the device has good specs, but cannot simply work well with android. Extremely happy.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Fantastic.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Cant complain about my new phone
The Samsung Galaxy S8 .It is fantastic.I hate getting a new phone as I just get used to one phone then have to upgrade.Transition was smooth and easy this time around with the Samsung galaxy S8 as my new phone... even kept my old number!

Purchased at: Optus Mobile

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Stops charging in 3 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Got the galaxy s8 from Harvey norman like 3 months ago . It stopped charging after 3 months and was showing moisture detected even though the phone was no where near subjected to water. Went to the store to have it checked. Had to wait 2 hours for service team to have a look at it. Time to give up samsung after 8 years .

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Rubbish!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

This is my first real smartphone and battery no longer charges properly after six months - wont be doing Samsung again and will make sure I tell everyone I meet. To be fair BT the mobile supplier are also to be avoided like the plague... never mind and thank you!!!

• 1 helpful vote

Great phone. Almost perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Great phone i would recommend it to anyone as it has everything you need and also has a crisp 4k picture. Great curved screen and very thin phone. Camera quality is great and since i have had my s8 i have never had a problem. Just dont drop it and crack the screen as it will cost a fair bit to replace.

Sydney

Date Purchased: May 2018

Excellent Phone, Happy, Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Very happy with this phone. There are more configuration options, so it took more time to set it up. But overall an easy setup. I like the facial recognition feature. The fingerprint sensor (now at the back) is awful and unusable (especially if you have a cover), it won't recognize your fingerprint. That's probably the only flaw. The size, the sound quality and speed are all very good. Also I bought my phone from a Samsung kiosk in a shopping centre. The service was excellent. The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly. It was a very good purchasing experience. They also would setup the phone for you (including transferring data from the old phone) if you need that sort of service.

Purchased at: Samsung

Adelaide

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Excellent phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Samsung has always been my go to brand for mobile phones. My whole family uses it and I could not see any flaws on this S8. This phone always have updates which is something samsung always provides. The phone loads very fast and has a excellent crystal clear speaker sound.

Baringa, QLD

Good Phone!! Amazing Camera

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Slick design and amazing performance.
Love the camera and features.
The only down fall is the battery life!!
But all in all an excellent Phone!!
The performance of the 4gb of ram
Followed with Qualcomm processor
Phone reception is amazing as well (Telstra)
Love the slick design and colour of the phone!!

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

North sydney

• 4 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Camera issues

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Phone works fine as expected, easy to use but camera is always unfocused have to tap the phone to get it to focus, tried to get issue fixed but was more hassle heard other also having this issue and alot of info on google that this is a widespread issue.

Purchased at: Vodafone

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Got burned

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

It gets hot for no reason, screen starts Whiting out you so you can't see anything then it cuts off and wont charge unless on a port. OMG then they want you to pay for factory defect. And its never been near water and it says check port for moisture.

melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

awesome phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

this phone is so good, the specs impress me with the 4gb ram and Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, phone barely lags and really steps up there game with the material of the phone. It is really responsive and refresh rate of the phone is very nice. They even kept the headphone jack which is surprising with the generations of phones. Love this phone

Newcastle

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Good: Full of great features. Easy to use. Both front and back Camera are of great quality. Fast processor so no lagging. Wifi calling is super handy as there is poor reception at my house so I can actually make calls with this.
Bad: battery life seems to be getting poor

1 of 33 pages

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?

FrozzSkoda asked on Mar 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi there

In my opinion it’s best to get an Iphone
Samsung are easily hacked and crash a lot

JP

it'd be best if you weren't a tosser

You asked a question, and I gave an answer, you obviously are a total looser,
If I am a tosser, you must be the idiot.

Cheers

Anyone had issues with their clear view case scratching the screen. A small circle of scuffing?

gregorious asked on Oct 02, 2017

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Cliffo asked on Aug 05, 2017

Answer this

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Product Details