Great phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a really good phone! It's much faster than any of the Galaxy phones I had in the past, while retaining most of the easy and familiar interface of Samsung's previous phones. It has a nice, big screen too, which is great for watching movies or clips on Youtube

Great upgrade from S7

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Upgraded from an S7 Edge to the S8 and no complaints. The interface is similar but with incremental upgrades, and all gestures needed given the lack of a home button are easy to pick up and use. Face recognition unlock is a waste of time if conditions are less than perfect and the fingerprint spot takes some getting used to. Has been surprisingly robust also - no scratches 6 months in.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Awsome phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

This has been the best phone I have had yet! Do easy to use. Has great supports and add ons. I can use Android auto in my car to listen to music and view maps on the screen.
Big screen and fast speeds mean the kids and be kept occupied easily when out and about too.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

The galaxy s8 is one of the best phone in 2017, it has the best camera(even though slight software enhancement from s7is camera). Performance is very good with sd835 with 4gb of ram and very good waterproofing with ip68 and the best thing is that it doesn’t over heat compared to my previous phone Sony which keeps on overheating

Purchased at: Bing Lee

best smartphone ever .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

i am big fan of Samsung s8 phone The display is stunning Blazing fast performance, all modern sensors , excellent battery back up , fast charging and compact form factor makes it a awesome phone. The Samsung Galaxy S8 has undoubtedly the best camera and the screen resolution among the contemporary smart phones

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Best phone I've ever had!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I bought my Samsung s8 last year and I have been in love with it ever since! The phone is still operating very fast even though I have almost filled up it's storage. The camera is simple amazing. It takes very clear photos even when zoomed up even in the dark.

Purchased at: Samsung

The best in business

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

The Samsung Galaxy S8 has undoubtedly the best camera and the screen resolution among the contemporary smart phones. The Iris scanner is a welcome feature that takes it ahead from it's competitor. Blazing fast performance, all modern sensors , excellent battery back up , fast charging and compact form factor makes it a awesome phone.

All rounder smartphone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I wanted to try switch to android from iOS and ended up buying this phone. This phone has all the necessary apps and functions that I need for my day to day activities. Camera is also very good but I find that the colors are much more saturated compared to the iPhone. This includes the general display of the phone.

A slight complaint is that I find that the apps are not as reliable as the iPhone. From time to time apps freeze without any apparent reason. I also don't think that the Samsung apps and functions are necessary (eg Bixby)

But all in all a very good smartphone that you can't go wrong with.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Best phone on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Love this phone. The display is stunning. The curved screen is a bit of a pain for things like screen protectors, and I also miss being able to open the phone to remove the battery (I always bought a spare battery for work trips). But the hardware and software are almost perfect.

Purchased at: Telstra Mobile

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great piece of technology!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

This phone is the best so far. The highlight of it is the camera quality. Photos always turn out perfect. The phone itself is easy to use so you don't have to worry if you are not a tech person. It is, all round, a great phone. I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Brisbane

Perfect gift

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

First of all, I would definitely like to introduce this phone as is has been awarded one of the best smartphone in 2017. The functionality upgrades from Samsung galaxy s7 especially for their camera, which is able to support HD video recording. In addition, the phone runs smoothly while executing different applications at once. You will not regret for having this phone.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great phone...but not perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

In general it is great phone, just 2 things that bug me a bit. 1. The back button: when swiping up to display the back button I many times tend to then tap things I did not want to tap especially when in FB...maybe there is a setting to fix this and I just haven't found it yet. 2. Fingerprint reader: would have preferred it on the front or maybe on the back but then in the center at the bottom.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Would not recommend given price

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

The Samsung flagship is overpriced for what it offers. The Samsung apps that come with the phone is obnoxious and there is no way to remove them.

Apart from that, the battery life is okay, no complaints there. Although, the screen always to be too dim for me. The sound system is also okay.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Really great phone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

As an avid apple user myself I found the S8 to top all of the previous Samsung phones from the past, it’s really straight forward to use, has a lot of smart and helpful features and despite some people’s thoughts on its appearance it is really durable! I go case free and so does my boyfriend and with a screen protector alone it’s held up perfect and the battery life is insane!

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Very pleased - great upgrade from s7

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Nearly 1 year on and I still don't really have anything bad to say about the s8.

Camera is fantastic
Easy to use and navigate through menu
Huge variety of apps
Quite durable- more so than it's predecessors
Removable storage- something that was lost on the s7

Only negatives would be that they changed the charge port to usb c from micro usb.

Great phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

This is a great phone in that it has great features like the large screen it has, the quality of the camera, the new generation bluetooth, it also has great battery lengths and comes with a fast charging cable with charging capabilities of 1.5 hr to a full charge. the customisability is also very good.

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best of the Galaxy series...!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Samsung's previous versions up until the Galaxy S6 always had a cheap quality about them. This also put them behind Apple as a quality brand, the S6 still had issues as it lacked water proofing and a SD Card section, the S7 Added both,,,,but still felt off...BUT the Galaxy S8 is fantastic, the curve screen is daunting at first, but feels premium after quick use, the over all phone quality is built fantastically and all the extra features put it where the iPhone X aspires to be without the price tag. I'd recommend this phone as it only looks to be better when the Android 8.0 update comes out. Samsung's finally getting the hardware and software locked in for performance.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Better than previous iterations - definitely better than apple's offering

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

If you look for a phone that takes amazing photos, runs fast and has a lot of support this is a great choice.
-Battery charges really fast
-Camera looks amazing, also takes 4k video
-Screen looks beautiful

a con would be that the battery doesn't last a great deal
Touchwiz interface may not be for everyone

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Good, but not the best Android out there

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I got this on eBay with a $200 off promo code. After less than a year of owning it, I've actually decided I'll sell it on Gumtree and get something else. Don't get me wrong, it's a ncie phone. But there are a couple of things that really bug me (see cons below).

Pros:
* good quality camera
* fairly clean from Samsung bloatware (my old S6 came with tons of annoying apps, this one has less of those)
* good/standard battery life
* vibrant and bright display

Cons:
* the curved edges--whoever invented this scored a huge own goal for Samsung, as far as I'm concerned; the edges are super annoying, and I regularly press things by accident just by holding the phone in my palm; it's very annoying if you're trying to watch a video, for example, because the lightest of touches will pause the screen
* the shape/aspect ratio: the phone is longer and thinner than you'd think; it makes it difficult to pull the notifications bar with one hand

So overall, it's nice, but not perfect.

Bendigo

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Amazing phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Everything about this phone is amazing. From the curved screen to the camera, there's nothing that faults it. I've owned mine for almost a year now and it hasn't slowed down or seen any damage at all. At the price it is now, the phone is easily worth the amount

Purchased at: Woolworths

1 of 27 pages

Anyone had issues with their clear view case scratching the screen. A small circle of scuffing?

gregorious asked on Oct 02, 2017

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Cliffo asked on Aug 05, 2017

Answer this

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Product Details