Our 65" LCD TV broke and was out off warranty, Samsung replaced it free of charge for new!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

OK, I have nothing but praise for Samsung support.
We were away on holidays and our son rang to say the 65" 4K TV's display wouldn't come on though the sound wood.
I called Samsung support, expecting them to say it was out of warranty (being more than 3 years old) and tough.
Their support told me, it may be out of warranty but it has to provide reasonable life and therefore we're responsible if it is a manfacturing fault, even if it is out of warranty.
Get that, there support told me that! If they hadn't told me I wouldn't have known.
Anyway, techs came out, saw there was no damage, it had just failed.
So Samsung delivered a brand new 2018 Tele.
Way to go Samsung!!

Customer service is appalling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Very unsatisfied tv obtained less than 12 months ago. It’s stopped working already and it’s too hard for a technician to come round at a time convenient for us. Poor service with clearly a poor product now.

Flinders view

Slow Service Samsung to settled non repairable issue

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

We were without a fridge for 3 weeks before a final decision from Samsung to replace the unit , would have been satisfied if offered a small fridge to use while ours was being sorted. Family without a fridge in hot weather in QLD not good!!.
End of the day issue settle Samsung Replaced the unit , We purchased same Fridge as suited our needs perfectly
Main Gripe was endless number of calls to get the issue sorted , once Aust call centre involved they sped up the process.

Outstanding Picture Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Over the last 3 years I've owned the 50", the 55" and now the 65" version of the Samsung Series 7 4K LCD TV. I have to say this latest generation has the best model Samsung has released in the last few years. As always the picture quality is amazing, however the QLED model still a significant improvement in both clarity and colour. Pro's - The Smart connector box takes away the annoyance of trying to get all the cables into the TV, specially important when wall mounting. - The issues with automatically connecting to my Samsung series 6 Sound bar automatically via HDMI seem to have gone away completely. Previously turning on a HDMI Arc device while the TV was on would exit the running application. - Sound is significantly improved of the 2017 model with ability to fill a 4 x 6 meter room. - Picture quality is amazing. Con's - You don't get the second non smart remote anymore, however the smart remote is so much better than the old remote that you probably wont care much. - The smart connector box seems unnecessarily big. Also the side location of the USB ports is not ideal aesthetically. - Picture sometimes jitters in standard viewing mode while gaming. Running in sports mode seems to fix the issue. Overall it's an awesome TV and the significant improvements to the design, picture and sound quality make it a worth while replacement for the 2016 and 2017 models. I was offered a small incentive for this honest review

• 1 comment

Samsung mobile

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

bought Galaxy note 5 two years ago, now a days its battery run out if i talked 30 min, forget about play data or game.. very disappointing with Samsung mobile, contact service centre for replacement battery but they ask $110 for new battery..first Samsung mobile makes me disappointed...so no more Samsung recommendation!!!

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Tika, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Galaxy Note5, so we can further assist you, can you please confirm which Samsung Service centre yo... read more »

I did online chat about my issue and got a quote.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Samsung holding my warranty hostage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Samsung will not conduct an internal assessment of my phone to assess speaker issues unless I pay for the repair to the crack on the screen. I am perfectly happy with the crack on my screen and do not need it repaired. I have an issue with a phone with limited design that makes it impossible to conduct an internal assessment if there is a slight crack to the screen. Samsung... you designed a phone this way and I should not have to be made to pay for your flaws!

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Ms Gadget, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I've just sent you a PM requesting for more information, can you please send us the requested details via PM, so we can look into this for you?

• 3 helpful votes

Air conditioner

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Had a Samsung air conditioner for 5 years . It broke down and was told they no longer make the parts for it.
Useless.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi there, we're sorry to hear this. Some products do eventually reach the end of life and parts eventually to become unavailable. We deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Date Purchased: Jan 2013

Works then service is impossible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

The product work for some time and then fail to work and everything in the frigerator is frozen including the non freezer part over the past year I have been in a service circle with Samsung online and they have disputed whether they believe it was fit for purpose and is required to be serviced eventually they did we they will contact me via the telephone I was left a text message and I'm currently in a loop where if you call them they will send you to the internet and the internet will tell you they're going to call and then you call them and they tell you to go to the internet it's an endless loop of poor service the products look good but don't last very well I would have void at all costs they also breach Australian consumer law and selling products that are not fit for purpose and lasting a reasonable amount of time

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Dean, we would like to look into this for you. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when it is most convenient for you, please send that through.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Worst customer solutions.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Rang twice Samsung service on remote for air conditioner that had self reverted to Fahrenheit from Celsius. I was told to purchase a new remote. Go figure what can't revert back to Celsius? There must be a procedure for this, but they;re not telling .SHAME, SHAME, SHAME Samsung. Poor response from Level three team.
Samsung what rubbish products and support. I will devoid myself of all Samsung products.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Revhead, we are really sorry to hear about your experience with us so far. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information regarding your experience with us. When you do get the chance, can ... read more »

Grants Pass

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Ice maker sucks and takes two days to produce ice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

After calling customer service and discussing the issue and the recall they've had on them come to find out mine was built in October and the recall covered December on models. However I have the same issue and had to fix it myself for 400.00 because they've recalled only December on. Good luck with this poor ice maker

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Tim, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Samsung Fridge. I've sent you a PM requesting for more details, when you do get a chance, can you please send those details through?

Samsung Australia

I'll send you the information today. I did send you proof of my purchase that is my receipt.

Verified Customer

Burning bridges with consumers the very back bone what service dispute liaison officer should not he

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Product JS9000( which was given as an.exchange to my faulty plasma TV( on 24 Feb 2016 the exchange was issued)
Due to lack of spare parts/ costly to fix ( which is something I really pushed for as I loved that last plasma TV) almost equivalent to OLED technology when it comes to blacks. I started having issues almost after 11 months of exchange TV was issued.

It was brought to the attention of Samsung via phone calls last year that this current TV is having issues with power and shadowing. Official request for some one to come and check it out as those (power on and off) issues became more prevalent was made on 15 June 2016.(24 Feb 2016 exchange was processed). Black shadowing then turning off by itself. This was the flag ship back in 2016. This TV was an exchange for my purchase on 30 Dec 2013 PS64F8500AMXXY again the best TV money can buy at the time of purchase in that size. However I purchased it for $2000 almost 30% of retail price as there was a flash sale and a little dent at the back of the TV served me good in terms of price negotiations.
I never knew being a smart shopper will haunt me many years down the track!!! I learned that from first hand experience dealing with the service dispute Liaison officer. The core of their argument is not just the quality of product purchased rather more so the price I paid for it!!! This was evident in the submission of documents to the tribunal.
Within 14 months of purchase TV was deemed faulty (11/Feb 2016) I was offered my money back or Q7 second bottom front the line of continued technology of my JS9000 (quantum Dot). The offer was a good offer, an upgrade from Samsung's prospective. However looking at the specs it was just about the best offer they can give me to match my JS9000 . From my prospective it was 2 notches below the best TV in the shop which is what I initially purchased regardless of how much I paid for it. The tribunal ruled in favour of Samsung's way. The member asked which remedy they wish to implement. The dispute liaison officer opted for the option that could do the extreme damage to me that is offering my 2000 dollar refund ( the other option on the table was the Q7).That money can not even buy me a full HD Samsung in that size let aside and equivalent to my current curved JS9000. So I'm financially very disadvantaged. I made that clear to them. I then asked them to honor the offer of the Q7 which I will reluctantly accept as I have no alternative now. The liaison officer refused. The member of tribunal said to me it is in Samsung's hands now if they wish to give you the offered TV and that I should discuss with the matter with them.
The officer attending the case said she will stand her grounds. When I got home I called Samsung and said I will accept the offered TV. The case manager accepted and processed and I have a confirmation via email. Further more I had text stating delivery will be Fri 12th 2018. That was exciting news after what I have been through. I could not get through to the dispute liaison officer at the time of the call ( all of this is recorded and you have reference to it) I then emailed dispute liaison officer requesting a call from the initial officer I met with during initial hearing ( i felt he was more approachable), I had the same officer that attended the tribunal when the decision was made ( the team leader) contact me. She said that they canceled the issue of the replacement Q7 and that they will go by the tribunal order ( which was initially what samsung had a choice of paying out or offering the q7) and samsung opted for the more inconvenient option for the consumer!!!! Despite my request for them honor the option offered the Q7. I am appalled and disappointed to say the least of how such a big retailer can take this matter very personal. It is my right as a consumer to go for what I believe is best for me. However it's your faulty 2 products over the span of 4 years that caused my grief. In return you opt to chose the most painful outcome to your customer. Now samsung wants to pick up the TV with in 14 days. I will be left with out a TV till I shop and find the time to do so and get a good buy that may not happen for months to come.
I know initially you offered the Q7 and I wanted the Q9 ( mind you I opted for last year's Q8 model that is curved but you did not have it) so it was not all about getting the latest in the technology more so what is best suited for me since I purchased a soundbar that was curved just to esthetically match the curved TV I have. To add salt to injury samsung refused to give me a flat sound bar to match at cost price as I will be left with a sound bar that does not fit on any of the current QLed TV'S should I opt to hang it on the wall. ( I had my TV on the wall before but currently sitting on an entertainment unit). I actually said in the initial hearing i will accept the Q7 if i am offered a flat sound bar in exchange to my curved. I even offered to pay 500 dollars to get the Q9. Instead Samsung somehow.worked out that I will have to pay $2900 dollars on top ( yes you got that right a whopping $2900) bare in mind that the difference in retail price as I saw it at retailers in around the $1500 mark. Despite the claim that I refused your offer I did try to reason with Samsung at no joy. That left me no choice but to escalate. I also was not aware that I could lose that option the Q7 all together. I was under a strong conviction that the ruling will go the customer's preference ( compensation of money paid or accepting the offer by Samsung). It was never brought to my attention in the initial hearing.

Terrible product. Terrible customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I have been having issues with my Samsung s9+, I even went to the store to fix my problem. But as an insult they offered me a refurbish phone to replace my brand new phone that cost me nearly $2000 dollars. Pathetic.
And another thing. Do you guys employ nuggets to manage your store that don't know what they are talking about? Because the 'manager' that I dealt with hand no idea what he was talking about. And also. Please teach your staff not to lie to customers, when I went to Samsung and spoke with a girl name ebony at highpoint shopping centre. I mad sure that if the issue with my phone keeps happening, whats my next option. And she told me that if it keeps happening to come back and we will replaced your phone with a brand new phone. She didn't tell me that it's a refurbish phone. Anyways. I just don't understand why such a big company keep stealing money from people. And why do you guys make things so hard for people to get a new phone for something that's broken from your end? If this was Apple, Apple would have given me a brand new phone no questions ask. My biggest regret is moving from Apple to Samsung. I will sure to move back to Apple as soon as I hit my 1 year mark and allowed to change phone. Don't ever buy Samsung product!!!! If anyone that has had a lemon for any Samsung products please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm going to try get enough people for a petition and bring this issue to the current affair.

Comments
Samsung Official

Samsung takes into consideration all feedback to improve the performance and quality of our products and services. We're always looking to make Samsung better. We appreciate your time sharing this feedback.

Sara

Poor Service for a product sold in australia - Note8

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I took my mint condition note8 because it had a charging problem to the samsung store on george st, sydney. This was my experience
- staff nothing like apple, low skill but kind
- told me 2-4 days turn around and offered a J1 as loan phone. My phone was a $1200 phone
- read me the rule book about water damage etc, phone has not seen water or dipped in it
- asked me to come to store again and collect phone. Will be loosing more time

Comments
Samsung Official

HI Sunny, we are really sorry to hear about your experience with us and we would like to look into this fro you. We have sent you a PM requesting for more details, when it is most convenient for yo... read more »

Samsung Fridge Customer Care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

The most painful experience ever. Thought the fridge giving me grief was bad enough, but the Samsung customer care experience tops it all. Wish i had never called.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Mons, sorry to hear about your experience with our Customer Care team. I have sent you a PM to look into this.

• 1 helpful vote

Worst customer service/ care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I bought this fridge in good faith that will last me for years. After 2 months stopped dispensing ice. I contacted Samsung and they sent technician out within 4 days and then technician came back with additional parts after 2days to change the ice bucket. Next time I used ice, bucket fell off.
Contacted Samsung again and they changed the bucket. I had the visitors on weekend and was using the ice again and the bucket fell off again. I was embarrassed and contacted Samsung and demanded to replace or refund which they don’t want to do. Fourth time the technician came out to assessment and he clearly said it’ manufacturing defect. I bought from good guys in Dandenong in March this year.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Shepparton

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Don't call customer no care, they want your money, but have no compassion, call staff don't care eve

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Products good, customer service bad!!! How many hours in a Samsung 48 hours a week to call me back, lost count of how many times I had to call back? Be ware of bad customer care, even if you are dying of bowel cancer. As I am a big company looking after their customer, I think not, well I will never ever buy or recommend this brand to any one ever again, 15.000$worth of Samsung crap!!! Stay away from Samsung

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Samsung Official

We are really sorry to hear this Matt, we would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have sent you a private message requesting for more details regarding your experience, when ... read more »

Bidwill

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

The service Centre and Samsung's repair centre have SAMSUNG ROBOTS with no brain and customer servic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

My Samsung S5 started to Freeze very often, upon checking internet I realise that it is a common issue with the Samsung S5.
my phone was still under warranty therefore, I went to the Samsung booth in Parramatta and asked them to repair it, the guy there told me he can't send the phone for repair as there was a small crack on the screen, I told him that phone freezing is a common issue with the Samsung S5 therefore send it for repair.

He accepted then sent it for repair, after two weeks I received a call from Samsung saying that they can't touch the phone unless I fixed the screen crack (which is very minor) and he quoted me $280 to repair the screen.
I told him I only purchased the phone for $300 and it is not fair that you charge $280 for repair.

He rudely replied me fix it or we will return the phone, I told him that I will take this matter to Fair Trading, he said do whatever you want and hang up on me.

After a week I called Samsung and asked them about the progress, the guy replied me that it was approved and repaired and it was transferred to Parramatta Both for collection a week ago.
I went to pick up and the phone was not repaired or touched. The staff asked me to pay $280 to fix.

I did not say a word and just came back.
Since then I am requesting them to sent a email to mention the reasons for repair rejection but they did not respond to any of my emails.

I am always happy with Samsung Products but I am very much regret to see how their after sales service works.
It is very unprofessional, unethical and unacceptable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Customer Service Difficulties with Branches in Carindale and Garden City stores Qld

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I cracked my screen on my Samsung note 8 over last weekend and as I was flying to Melbourne in 90 minuets, thought I would drop it into Carindale outlet to have it repaired while was away, as I had a spare phone I could use until it was ready the following week,

When I arrived at the Shop it was 10 am their were 3 staff behind the counter with NO customers I was told the price $260 to witch I agreed and proceed to get my wallet out to pay, then I was told that id have to return in 45 minuets to an hour as I needed a booking to have it fixed I explained to the staff I was to be flying out in 90 minuets and that all I wanted to do was drop it in and pay for it, and they could call me when it was ready as I had already swapped over the data / sim card to my back up phone and was all good to go

I was told that I still had to come back in 45 minuets, as I couldn't miss the flight I left and had my daughter take it to the Garden City outlet the following week as she worked their she made a booking to drop it in after work 1 day
When she was their dropping it in for the booking I was going to pay for the repairs over the phone by credit card we were told this was not possible and then told we had to make yet another booking !!

Absolutely appalling Samsung what's the use of customer stores in the shopping centre if they cannot manage a simple transaction without having to make a bookings or cant take payment over the phone

Funny when I bought the phone from Carindale originally $ 1496 8 months earlier I didn't have to make a booking then ? If you going to have these ridiculous unreasonable policies how about at least putting them onto the web page so people can understand they have to make a booking several days / hours in advance and while your at it why don't you do the same with purchases I wonder how long the shopfronts will be operating then
Samsung this is 2018 not 1950 and I am absolutely discussed with not only the antiquated policies but the rude little staff you have implementing them !
Good news is I was also holding back to see the new Watch that's coming out in the first week of October so i could purchase at the same time I picked up my Repaired phone

Well done Samsung you have lost the $600 + for the watch and $260 for the phone repair

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Charles, firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the troubles you have been facing Samsung and I completely understand where you are coming from. I would have been frustrated if I were i... read more »

Thank Sara and yet the level of poor service from Samsung continues im still waiting on the call back from Samsung so i can get my phone fixed its now 2 weeks

Samsung bunch of criminals

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I bought a brand new MU7000 55 inch Tv and nearly 12 months passed the tv refused to connect to the internet. I called Samsung they sent out the repair guys and then called me said the issue was not fixed and its not Samsungs problem its a problem with router but every other appliance/phone and a older samsung tv all work well with Router. So Samsung refuse to take any responsibility for this error. Never buying samsung products again. Customer care iq is less of a tree trunk

Comments
Samsung Official

We’re so sorry to hear of the troubles you have been facing with Samsung. I understand how important it is to have a functioning TV. I have sent you a private message requesting for further informa... read more »

Alice Springs

• 3 answers

Smart TV issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

With my frustration over my TV, I had determined not to purchase another Samsung again, even though we have had Samsung TV's for years now. My experience with the Samsung remote management team has changed my opinion on that. I am SO happy with the excellent support I received from the three individuals who helped solve the issue I was having with the Smart TV hub. They were respectful, patient and friendly, and after much testing were able to track it down to a software issue.
My TV is now a frustration free zone, and I could not be a more satisfied customer.
I only wish I had asked for remote management help sooner, but will know next time...if there IS a next time!

1 of 14 pages

Hi I have a samsung s7. In the past 3 weeks when i send a text a web page automatically attaches.example my text ended with end.im or mum.xxx this particular web page turned in pornography. i found this so annoying cause that text turns into irrelevant web pages some inappropriate!! Its frustrating that i have no control of stopping these dumb web pages being attached. I went to my phone provider n he laughed then suggested i go to samsung shop they couldnt help either.i want this to stop ive been texting for over 20 years and have never been so embarrest with these attachments that my family or friends are recieving when sent. This also may affect young innocent kids that invest into a samsung phone whos text are abbreviated. Why cant there b a option to turn this off on my phone or is there???? can you tell me how to turn it off. PLEASE?

Julie asked on Sep 30, 2018

Answer this

I think you must understood my comment, I think Samsung customer service sucks, I am not a phone problem consultant.
Best of luck.

Hi Julie, we truly apologise about your experience. Unfortuantely there isn't an option to remove this feature. As using a phrase like mum.xxx turns in to a link, you will need to always space it out or the operating system will pick this up as a shortcut for a website. If you write the phrase 'Love mum. Xx' or 'Love mum xxx' this issue will not happen. Websites. Feedback will be sent internally, but please be wary of putting spaces between words that are spaced by only a dot, as this is how websites are designed.

Samsung Australia

When will samsung improves customer service??

Taran asked on Sep 29, 2018

Answer this

We're very sorry you feel that way Taran, was here anything we could assist you with today?

Samsung Australia

I have Samsung Galaxy S3 smart watch (Frontier model) and its charging dock and cable were both burnt overnight. Fortunately no one hurts because I woke up from the terrible burning smell in the kitchen where the charging dock & cable were normally used and I unplugged from the power outlet quickly. I sent them to Samsung Australia (Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, Australia) and they refused to either exchange or refund.They said I had purchased from other country(USA) which is not covered in Australia, and also foreign substance (non- manufacture fault). I spoke to the seller and they said they(one of the biggest sellers) are only selling Samsung genuine products. Also Samsung recognized the serial number etc. This kind of burning devices(by Samsung) is already a terrible & dangerous global issue however I cannot get any support from Samsung. What should I do?

Leo K asked on Sep 14, 2018

Answer this

Your going to have to contact Samsung US, provide the serial number, they are the ones that have to deal with your claim and any other legal issues you might wish to bring up, best of luck buddy