Verified Customer

My overheating phone has been in repairs for almost 3 weeks now.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

This is related to S8 Repairs in Perth.

While abroad my S8 started overheating while charging. As a precaution I didn't use it again until returning to Australia. When I next set it to charge it overheated again and the charging port melted with a horrible burning plastic smell.
I took the phone to the carousel service centre in Perth and was told that repairs would take approx 48 hours. They gave me a replacement S5 to use in the meantime.
I received a call the next day saying they needed the charger I'd been using. A couple days later when they next had late opening hours I took the charger back to the store. By this time the replacement phone had stopped working, and when I handed it over to the attendant I was told that the motherboard of the S5 was fried, and they didn't have any other replacement phones. I left the store without a working phone but a promise the S8 would be fixed and returned to me within 3 days.
It has now been 2 weeks since, and I have received no information or correspondence from Samsung.

I have contacted them multiple times via their online chat, and have been given the run around of misinformation, with customer service people telling me the handset is fixed and back in the store awaiting collection, that the item is currently being repaired, or that the item has not yet arrived at the service centre.
This is simply unacceptable. I have been left without a phone, completely in the dark as to the progress of repairs or the location of my handset, all while I'm still paying a monthly phonebill.
At every stage anyone I have made contact with in Samsung has been friendly and pleasant and utterly unable to help me at all with my situation.

TLDR phone overheated and charging port melted, I was told repairs would take 48 hours, it's now been almost 3 weeks.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Simon, firstly I would like to apologise for the troubles you have been facing with Samsung. I completely understand how important it is to have a functioning phone and I would like to follow up... read more »

Samsung mobile S8 plus

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Very bad as the mobile burn while charging after 1 year and refused to cover it under warranty as it has electric faulty and after one week investigation they refuse to cover it.

Comments
Samsung Official

Your message is concerning to us and we would like to follow up on this. I have sent you a private message requesting for further information so we can look into this for you.

Sara

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

This store is very reliable and has always been helpful with any problems I've had.

Their store is easy to navigate and they have a large range of products to purchase. All products that I have bought from them have been of the highest quality and I have gotten quick responses when requesting any help.

Overall, Samsung is very reliable and help out with any problems that you may have with your products.

Brisbane

• 2 answers
Private message

Their mobile ph repair/support is 100% awesome.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I have used support at Carindale several times, for repair and advice. I am so impressed with the way they operate. Mostly it is the cost effectiveness of genuine samsung repair, and the efficiency. Always done within 48hrs though usually in one day. One week ago I thought my S8 was on its way out. After an on the spot health check it was sent away, 24hrs later with lots of repair work done, my phone was back and operating like new. Honestly, if their support stays like it is, I will only ever own a Samsung mobile! I tell all my friends with a Samsung to only use genuine Samsung service. Cheaper and super efficient. Just make a booking which is easy peasy.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Col, thank you for your review. It’s comments like this that motivate us to continue being focused on People Inspired innovation, we always aim to deepen value and convenience for our customers.

- Vicky

Excellent Employee - Rachel from your Samsung Branch in 450 George Street Syney NSW 2000

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I did not buy any of the product of Samsung today. I've been using Samsung since 1990's. I visited your store at George St Branch mainly to seek assistance with my phone. Every time I send a text/message. The message goes to the recipient but my screen seems to be blank. I was lucky to have the same lady to serve me just like last time. Her ID's name is Rachel. She greeted me with a smiley face and asked in a professional and polite tone of voice if she could be of help. I then showed her my problem and immediately she was able to find the solution. She seems to be very knowledgeable with your Samsung product, the reason why she was able to served me in an excellent manner. Lucky for Samsung to have her as one of your employee. Thank you for an excellent service Rachel. Well Done. ( Sorry I could not find Rate and Review for Staff so I just used this site. Please forward to the right department or site. Thank You ).

Milagros Balagtas
Email: [contact details removed]

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Mila, thanks so much for your lovely review! We will be passing this feedback onto Rachel. :)

Updates

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I love my Samsungs. I've been using them for years but the latest update has taken off the Advanced editing feature which was magical and it won't come back. Very sad about losing this feature especially as the replacement is pretty poor.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Kathy, thank you for your review, we're sorry that the latest update has not met your expectations. I would like to confirm this and look into it for you, I have sent you a private message to assist further.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Samsung harass you to create an account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Samsung, desperate for your data will send a Samsung account notification to your phone at least 5 times a day. They will tell you that you can turn it off but you can't. The only way is to create a Samsung account or buy a different phone.

Screen turning black

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Contacted Samsung they were going to ring at a certain time to run tests and that never happened. Clearly there is no after service what so ever. Samsung sells tv's and couldn't care less what amount you pay for them. If they only last 4 years like ours that your bad luck. Would never buy another Samsung product and would never recommend a Samsung product to anyone.

Comments
Samsung Official

Hi Debra, we're truly sorry about this. This doesn't sound right at all and I would happily like to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message to assist further.

Philip

Horrible customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Despite the nice exterior of customer service, after running me around for a week they just deliver a bunch of copy pasted responses, whether on phone or live chat! They are not after dissolving the problem or giving any alternative, just running away from they responsibility of giving faulty mobile phone. Fully dissatisfied and disappointed with Samsung! It is clear from the number of complaints from Samsung in NSW Fair Trading website. Never will buy from Samsung

Verified Customer

Powerbot no longer sucks after 10 months. Customer service is non existent - even when under warrant

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

My Powerbot moves but no longer sucks - after 10 months.
I live approximately 250km from the 2 repair centres recommended. I have to pay for shipping or deliver myself. This is from their warranty card:

If you believe it is not reasonable for you to bring or send a Samsung
consumer product that is not included in the above list to a Samsung
Customer Service Plaza or an authorised repair service centre,
Samsung will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to
inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim
under this Warranty.
B. If the Samsung product is located in a place which is greater than 50
kilometres (by road) from the nearest Samsung Customer Service
Plaza or authorised repair service outlet, Samsung will liaise with you
to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair
the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.

Their 'liaising' with you involves two options - pay for shipping or deliver it yourself. Their warranty is worthless.

samsung UHDTV 50”

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

This is my first Samsung product I wasn’t to keen Because of the problems they have had with there phones & washing machines going on fire I have had it over 2 years no problems easy to use menu good picture

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent customer service from Samsung despite a dismal washing machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I struggled with a Samsung washing machine for six years - two replaced seals, faulty wiring that tripped the safety switch, cracked internal water inlet manifold and issues with suspension. Whilst I could be reviewing the machine itself and give it a 1/5 rating, instead I am reviewing the excellent customer service from Samsung.

Despite my machine being well out of warranty, Samsung always attended and repaired the faults free of charge. After my 7th or 8th visit from the service technician, I decided I'd had enough and requested a refund. Within a week, my request was granted, and to my surprise, Samsung are paying refunding the original purchase price. I would have been happy with a 50% refund given I'd used the machine for so many years.

Well done Samsung - you certainly set the bar very high for customer service!

Fridge two aircons and washer thrown out within 5 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

As the title says. I had 4 different products with Samsung. Two air cons one washing machine and a fridge. All developed faults which the manufacturer could not fix as the cost exceeded that of replacement. one item developed a fault cause a creature shorted the outdoor split system circuit. This was not covered under their warranty. My question is what preventative measures (design flaws) did they undertake to limit this. Other brands do not have this issue cause they have taken measures to fix it.

Verified Customer

Excellent customer service equals one happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I've been blown away by the great customer service by Samsung I've got recently. I've been using my S7 Edge without any issues since launch and I've been very happy with it.Recently though the battery wasn't holding charge well and I thought I'd pay and get it changed as the phone was 2 1/2 years old and out of warranty.The guys at Samsung not only replaced my battery for free (even though it wasn't under warranty anymore) but also replaced other components as well.It essentially feels like a brand new phone.I'm definitely going to remember this next time I need to upgrade my phone.Good customer service is hard to find these days.You guys are doing great work!

• 1 review

Never buying another Samsung product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

2 Samsung Galaxy S8 phones in 11 months due to the exact same charging port issues and no help from anyone!!
Contract is with Telstra who told me my best bet would be to contact Samsung headquarters direct, as they have had multiple customers come in with very similar issues regarding this phone.
Crap, contacted Samsung AUSTRALIA hoping to get some reasonable help from an Australian team member.
No hope, couldn't understand a word they had to say.
Turns out they didn't really want to help either, told the girl I couldn't go without a phone due to work. Best they could do was 14 days turn around!!!
She couldn't give a crap when I said I'll never use samsung products again and that their customer service was terrible.
If you're looking for a reliable mobile then shop elsewhere.

Brisbane

• 1 review
Private message

No samsung in the house anymore!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

We bought a Samsung UHD LED tv last year still under warranty . I found two cracks on the frame bottom corners the other night, I live chat them. The guy organised someone to assessed it. Next day someone from VIDEO FACTORY from SOUTHPORT called saying Samsung dont cover the cracks!? That guy should told us in the first place! Now the lady from video factory i fi want to get a quote to fix. But have to pay 70 dollars. I said ok so give my bank account details, she gave me an email address to send the photos. She said she will start the transaction when I send the photos. After a while and thought to not bother for quote. I tried email the lady, for some reason did not get through. I assumed if I dont send photos they wont deducted money from my account!guess what!they did!first notice the pending,emailed them about it.guy replied I have noticed that to your file. So I thought he will fix it. Today, it’s been deducted from my account!
If they are your repair service agent, Better get rid of them!

Beaumont Hills

• 3 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Samsung Top Loading Washing Machine WA80FG4

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Warning.....Do NOT buy top loading washing machines from Samsung. We bought one, originally, that was part of the Samsung recall of washers that were causing fires. They came out to a "fix" that consisted of a zip tie and a plastic bag and that was found to be unsafe.....ie continued to cause fires. So we then insisted they replace the washer, and after some arguing, they did. We got a new top loading Samsung washer just over 2 years ago. Now, this washer has overheated and caused all of the plastic along the top of the drum to melt.....scorching one of our duvets and leaving melted plastic all over it. Took me 2 minutes research on Google to find that this, again, is not unique and is happening with other Samsung top loading machines. Called Samsung who were very difficult and who wanted us to wait 2 to 4 weeks for someone to come out to assess it.....though it's non functional/unsafe to use, warning us that this assessment may well be at our own cost. Thanks but no thanks. We are moving on, at our own cost, to a new washer that will most definitely not be a Samsung! Happy to post photos of the melted plastic, and scorched duvet.

Adelaide

• 1 answer
Private message

Happy with all my Samsung products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

So this Apple girl coverted to a Samsung galaxy a few years back & i love it. Never had an issue with it. Needed a new TV and ended up with a 65inch smart 4k tv from none other than Samsung and have been extremely happy it.. picture is amazing.. sound not so much! Went to buy a soundbar for my snazzy tv and beelined str8 to the Samsung's. Had to use tech support via text chat & that was simple & easy and solved my issue in 10mins. So overall Happy with that too! I feel for all those of you with tech issues!

Verry helpful and excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I had a technical problem and the service was great and my issue was resolved and they were friendly and very helpful

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

charging dockets mine and my daughters

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

got 2 charging docks there still under warranty but wouldn't always charge phone went to samsung highpoint .they took 2 hours to no they had a fault but than said oh we wont replace have to be sent away...so how do l charge my phone...terrible customer service. Don't care when you have a problem now have to go back when they call could take a week a month..disgraceful uncaring company.

1 of 12 pages

I have Samsung Galaxy S3 smart watch (Frontier model) and its charging dock and cable were both burnt overnight. Fortunately no one hurts because I woke up from the terrible burning smell in the kitchen where the charging dock & cable were normally used and I unplugged from the power outlet quickly. I sent them to Samsung Australia (Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, Australia) and they refused to either exchange or refund.They said I had purchased from other country(USA) which is not covered in Australia, and also foreign substance (non- manufacture fault). I spoke to the seller and they said they(one of the biggest sellers) are only selling Samsung genuine products. Also Samsung recognized the serial number etc. This kind of burning devices(by Samsung) is already a terrible & dangerous global issue however I cannot get any support from Samsung. What should I do?

Leo K asked on Sep 14, 2018

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I bought my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on 08/07/16. I had this issue, "Line of death pink line running through edge of the screen" just after I bought this phone and Samsung warranty fixed this issue on 14/02/2017. I still have the receipt. To my suprise same issue came back last week and I took it to Samsung. But this time they CLAIM that the phone is liquid damaged and they cant fix it by the warranty and they want me to pay AUD$336 to get this fixed. This phone has never touched any water or any liquid. Also the phone is working fine other than the line of death pink line running through edge. Are they just trying to avoid the warranty claim? What can I do about this?

Priyan A asked on May 06, 2018