Dip of Business

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Just finished by Dip of Business....yipee!! Love that i was able to study in my own time without attending lectures. The on-line system was really easy to use and my assessor was super helpful when I got stuck. Would definitely recommend.

Convenient and Flexible Training

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

i purchased on a voucher and was impressed how in depth and structured the course was it was def a tough course and taking over 11 months to complete but i finally got there . The assessor Skye was fantastic and have been able to get a new job at work based on my training in hr and business . i liked how flexible it was and i could do it anytime i wanted where i wanted . the ability to film and upload also came in handy for role playing . all in all i was very happy with the quality for what i outlaid and have since signed up to complete the diploma of leadership and management .

• 2 comments

Worst course ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Purchased the course on scoopon for $700 (Human reseources) and it was by far the worst course ever! I have a university degree in finance and banking and never seen anyhting like this. The exams were terrible and the workload is enormous. In order to finish the course you need to spend 10-11 hours a day studying just for the exams. Many questions were ridiculous as you would need to be employed in human resources or marketing to solve them and give examples otherwise you wouldnt know what to do.. After 2 months I gave up and lost my $700!! You needed videos showing you solving and making marketing plans with co-workers and other nonsense as part of the exams

Verified Customer

Diploma WHS very challenging.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

I completed my diploma at the beginning of 2016 and couldn't be happier. The work was challenging and very educational. The assessments were larger than I thought they would have been but the staff help me through the process.
Thank you SandGoanna!

Verified Customer

A challenging year and a great way to study

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

I just completed a Diploma with Sand Goanna. I found the system of learning very manageable and the teacher was excellent to work with. I live in Vietnam and they went out of their way to assist me. I will definitely look at studying again with them in the future. A very professional outfit.

Problem solved.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

I have recently discussed the issues I had with this Institute with a Manager and the matter has been resolved satisfactorily. The issue I had with customer services was due to miscommunication regarding A.C.E.C.Q.A . They did take time to clear up this misunderstanding and were helpful.

Easy to Deal With, Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

I am a bit of a procrastinator & I have been enrolled to complete some business courses for awhile now online. I originally enrolled through using a Catch of the Day deal & have not regretted it! Sand Goanna have been very accommodating as I have chopped & changed my courses a few times & assisted with RPL when I was studying through TAFE. I have found their material & assessments to be engaging. Sand Goanna in my experience, is a reputable private training organisation and I would recommend them.

melbourne

Counselling Course

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2016

I just finished my counseling course via distance and feeling refreshed! I like the way that I can use my mobile to complete the course and watch the videos, my trainer was so helpful. I would recommend this company. Looking at my Diploma of Community Services next

Fantastic and professional course

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2016

I would just like to say how professional I have found this course, I established my own business 6 years ago and had learnt everything the hard way, now learning these units it has broadened many other aspects in my business and will assist me in further developing my company. While initially I thought the courses would be a piece of cake, wow I was surprised at the depth of the questions and had to sit back and think about a lot of things!! It has been very enlightening and definitely will be recommending your institute to colleagues interested in further study.

Murrumba Downs, QLD

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Ideal for people with busy lifestyle yet want to study.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I took a triple diploma from Sand Goanna that was on offer via Catch of the Day. I was skeptical at first as sounds like too good to be true. (Never heard of them before, and a lizard for an institute? Sounds like a joke isn’t?) But after doing research and making sure that they are registered institute and courses are accredited, I said why not. If I lose, I can only blame myself.

Well, I work full time and a mother of 3 youngsters all under 10 and still wanted to improve my career, I have a year to finish all 3 courses (which took me 14 months to finish) so I thought why not. Anyway to make it short I finally finished it.

What I can say about this is, it wasn’t easy. Having very little support nor a classmate (or even a group/forum) to ask is very hard. As you don’t know whether you understand the assessment or not. You don’t know where to begin or end. Yes there’s some examples and book of readings, but they’re not enough. It’s still not the same as when you’re in a classroom with a teacher in front of you or even having that classmate that you can ask.
Yes you get allocated an assessor that you can ask (but I don’t really find her as helpful/accommodating as I was expecting, but then it could be just me). But nevertheless I finished it after 14 months.

Overall, it’s great if you want to study (improve your career) at your own pace. Suits busy lifestyle. It’s great value for money.

Sydney

Great Value For Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2016

At first I had some issues redeeming the voucher for the special however the lady in the office was very helpful and between her and the IT they had it sorted in 10 minutes it turns out I was putting in the wrong code "embarrassed" but they were great sports about it all. I was particularly interested in what I was going to get as I paid for things on discounts sites before and the product has been substandard but I was pleasantly surprised how the process was very simple it all was bar my wrong code issue and the course in Business and Business admin is very intuitive and works well from my tablet and phone so I have something to do on the bus and train to and from work.

I would recommended this business to anyone wishing to study by distance as they seem to specialise in distance education.
KT

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Abusive staff, email harassment and threatening conduct - is this what you want from a training org?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2016

I purchased one of SG's "specials" only to find that as the website had been ambiguous (which they denied despite me providing screenshots and their own pdf documents) and that subjects offered, were now not offered to online students and that they had changed the course work. Their customer service methodology is to be brusque, rude, ambivalent, threatening, and abusive, they refused to provide a refund for not supplying what was advertised (fortunately I'd paid via Paypal, who refunded my money without question once I'd provided the evidence of the threatening and unethical behaviour of a SG staff member). I've made a formal complaint to DEEWR, ASQA and to Fair Trading with the evidence - emails and documents from SG that demonstrate their abuse and unfair and unreasonable conduct.

If you sign up with these guys, be prepared for an ugly fight - their website says that in the event of a legal dispute, it will be resolved in their head office. Actually no, you have more legal rights than to be bullied by an RTO that is actually accountable to the various national authorities.

Further, one of my employees undertook a training course with SG and the assignments were basically to cut and paste and reformat the learning materials into the assignment. Not quality training. Not satisfactory. Not a qualification or an institute I have any regard for considering how easy it was for that person to obtain a Cert IV with minimal effort. Qualifications from SG are not welcome in my business.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

QLD

Review for Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2015

I take great dislike to the who anonymity thing as you can never tell who's reviews are true and who are false. From my experience I was sceptical as their price was $1500 compared to the others I researched that were $5000 to $15000 but I enrolled in November 2015 and I am rather impressed although I have not been on the system that long it is very easy to navigate compared to my last course in Disability I did with another provider.

There is a couple of scathing reviews one in relation to counselling the course I am studying which to me doesn't seem legit. As a student to date I have all the learning materials, questions, task and assessor help as per their advertisements so cannot really how one person can get a different course to another? This being said I check the terms and conditions prior to purchase and new that there would be no phone support but unlimited online assessor help, I new I had to find my own placements which I arranged prior to purchase and with little or no effort I might add.

All in all I dont have a hecs debt of $15000 plus yes they found me places in the price but it was not hard, the materials are better than my last provider who was known as a good provider in the industry so all in all I am happy.

The only reason I am writing a review now is that if I read some of these reviews I may not have gone with this company for being scared etc and this would be at my greatly to my disadvantage and I just wanted others to gain the same experience I am having right now and not get caught with a huge hecs debt when there are other alternatives like this company out there.

I only trust verified people on this site as they had to supply evidence they purchased etc.
I am speaking about the great service I got and am willing to highly recommend them to anyone, also for the value for money I feel i got an absolute bargain!!!!
Daino99

Excellent Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2015

This is now my second qualification with this provider and I am super impressed and happy with the experience. From enrollment, course queries and assessment marking they have been professional, friendly and super helpful.

Very poor quality Diploma of Counselling course

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2015

This course is absolutely terrible. I have two university degrees and was very disappointed with the quality of this course. Firstly, the questions in each module were worded as though the person writing them had no proficiency in English. I could barely understand the meaning of each question as words were often missing or jumbled up. It looked as though questions had been copied and pasted from another source. Secondly, the modules I completed were rarely marked. It regularly took over 2 weeks to receive a reply to my email. Thirdly, the institute made it sound like it would be easy to complete "self organized work experience" in their marketing. I contacted over 10 different organizations and none of them would let me volunteer my time there as the work experience requirements for supervision were so exhaustive from Sand Goanna. This course is a down right scam. Don't waste your money- this is a dodgy VET provider.

Sydney

RPL through Sand Goanna was great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

OHS to WHS course RPL
I completed my Course via RPL with this company and the support was great although it took me many months in collating evidence for the claim it paid off in the end. I was told the process can be a lot of back and forth and at times even thought I should just do the course but I received a report each time telling me what I was missing or providing examples of what I could supply from my workplace employment that could help get me across the line.

I people think RPL is a short cut process and I can confirm that this company is not the company for you if that is the case as I had to supply plenty of evidence but at least I know that I met all the gaps between my old qualification to my new one and I can stand proud with my result.
D Lewin

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great institute

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

Was great dealing and studying with them :) recommended for students interested in online studying. quick response and professional advisor

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

sydeny

Verified Customer

Very happy with this provider

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2015

I usually do not write reviews however after reading a couple of questionable comments below I thought I would give my two cents especially as my dealings to date differ quite alot.

Currently studying the certificate III in fitness after I moved from another provider after their rto had issues and there trainers quite due to pay issues which left students stranded myself included.

prior to buying i did alot of reasearch after I had been burnt in the past and found this company. at the time they were only registered until June 2015 but when I rang they told me that their rego will be changed soon as they past their audit and to check on the government site in a few days. 4 days i checked the government site and it showed there rego to be until 2022.

I asked if i was going to get a hecs debt or any other debt for it. they said they didnt offer government funding I asked to see the system prior to buying and they gave me a link to see the system which looked really good. I asked if i would get phone support with my teacher trainer they said no it is a online course and there is a portal.

the price was good the system looked good and the communication was forth coming so i bought the course.

To date I have had no complaints with this company and would recommend them.

each person has their own story.I found the system alot better than my last provider easy never had any login issues like some others below but that sounds more like a computer issue anyway.

It seems that they do not offer funded programs and offer distance course not face to face their website doesnt not offer phone support so therefore I am not expecting phone support but the online trainer message feature is quite easy surprisingly and although i am new into the course i am getting by fine.

the good thing is the way that you can do it in your own time self pace as they call it as you can do as much work as you want to do.

thats my two cents.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very happy with the service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2015

Certificate three in fitness was an informative and well rounded course. It covered all the information that is required for succeeding in the fitness industry. Great service, my assessor (Ryan Denny) was extremely helpful and quick to reply to my messages.

Adelaide

Private message

Could not ask for better support or customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2015

Thanks Sand Goanna!
After stating my course with another provider I switched to Sand Goanna and have not regretted it for one second!
Their RPL kit is fantastic and easy to understand and their response to any questions is prompt and easy to follow.
Their customer service and feedback are second to none and I would highly recommend them to anyone and would definitely look to them if I was to study again in the future.

1 of 2 pages