Dip of Business

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Just finished by Dip of Business....yipee!! Love that i was able to study in my own time without attending lectures. The on-line system was really easy to use and my assessor was super helpful when I got stuck. Would definitely recommend.

Convenient and Flexible Training

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

i purchased on a voucher and was impressed how in depth and structured the course was it was def a tough course and taking over 11 months to complete but i finally got there . The assessor Skye was fantastic and have been able to get a new job at work based on my training in hr and business . i liked how flexible it was and i could do it anytime i wanted where i wanted . the ability to film and upload also came in handy for role playing . all in all i was very happy with the quality for what i outlaid and have since signed up to complete the diploma of leadership and management .

• 2 comments

Worst course ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Purchased the course on scoopon for $700 (Human reseources) and it was by far the worst course ever! I have a university degree in finance and banking and never seen anyhting like this. The exams were terrible and the workload is enormous. In order to finish the course you need to spend 10-11 hours a day studying just for the exams. Many questions were ridiculous as you would need to be employed in human resources or marketing to solve them and give examples otherwise you wouldnt know what to do.. After 2 months I gave up and lost my $700!! You needed videos showing you solving and making marketing plans with co-workers and other nonsense as part of the exams

Verified Purchase

Diploma WHS very challenging.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

I completed my diploma at the beginning of 2016 and couldn't be happier. The work was challenging and very educational. The assessments were larger than I thought they would have been but the staff help me through the process.
Thank you SandGoanna!

Verified Purchase

A challenging year and a great way to study

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

I just completed a Diploma with Sand Goanna. I found the system of learning very manageable and the teacher was excellent to work with. I live in Vietnam and they went out of their way to assist me. I will definitely look at studying again with them in the future. A very professional outfit.

Problem solved.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

I have recently discussed the issues I had with this Institute with a Manager and the matter has been resolved satisfactorily. The issue I had with customer services was due to miscommunication regarding A.C.E.C.Q.A . They did take time to clear up this misunderstanding and were helpful.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Easy to Deal With, Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

I am a bit of a procrastinator & I have been enrolled to complete some business courses for awhile now online. I originally enrolled through using a Catch of the Day deal & have not regretted it! Sand Goanna have been very accommodating as I have chopped & changed my courses a few times & assisted with RPL when I was studying through TAFE. I have found their material & assessments to be engaging. Sand Goanna in my experience, is a reputable private training organisation and I would recommend them.

melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Counselling Course

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2016

I just finished my counseling course via distance and feeling refreshed! I like the way that I can use my mobile to complete the course and watch the videos, my trainer was so helpful. I would recommend this company. Looking at my Diploma of Community Services next

Fantastic and professional course

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2016

I would just like to say how professional I have found this course, I established my own business 6 years ago and had learnt everything the hard way, now learning these units it has broadened many other aspects in my business and will assist me in further developing my company. While initially I thought the courses would be a piece of cake, wow I was surprised at the depth of the questions and had to sit back and think about a lot of things!! It has been very enlightening and definitely will be recommending your institute to colleagues interested in further study.

Murrumba Downs, QLD

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Ideal for people with busy lifestyle yet want to study.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I took a triple diploma from Sand Goanna that was on offer via Catch of the Day. I was skeptical at first as sounds like too good to be true. (Never heard of them before, and a lizard for an institute? Sounds like a joke isn’t?) But after doing research and making sure that they are registered institute and courses are accredited, I said why not. If I lose, I can only blame myself.

Well, I work full time and a mother of 3 youngsters all under 10 and still wanted to improve my career, I have a year to finish all 3 courses (which took me 14
months to finish) so I thought why not. Anyway to make it short I finally finished it.

What I can say about this is, it wasn’t easy. Having very little support nor a classmate (or even a group/forum) to ask is very hard. As you don’t know whether you understand the assessment or not. You don’t know where to begin or end. Yes there’s some examples and book of readings, but they’re not enough. It’s still not the same as when you’re in a classroom with a teacher in front of you or even having that classmate that you can ask.
Yes you get allocated an assessor that you can ask (but I don’t really find her as helpful/accommodating as I was expecting, but then it could be just me). But nevertheless I finished it after 14 months.

Overall, it’s great if you want to study (improve your career) at your own pace. Suits busy lifestyle. It’s great value for money.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Abusive staff, email harassment and threatening conduct - is this what you want from a training org?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2016

I purchased one of SG's "specials" only to find that as the website had been ambiguous (which they denied despite me providing screenshots and their own pdf documents) and that subjects offered, were now not offered to online students and that they had changed the course work. Their customer service methodology is to be brusque, rude, ambivalent, threatening, and abusive, they refused to provide a refund for not supplying what was advertised (fortunately I'd paid via Paypal, who refunded my money without question once I'd provided the evidence of the threatening and unethical behaviour of a SG staff member). I've made a formal complaint to DEEWR, ASQA and to Fair Trading with the evidence - emails and documents from SG that demonstrate their abuse and unfair and unreasonable conduct.

If you sign up with these guys, be prepared for an ugly fight - their website says that in the event of a legal dispute, it will be resolved in their head office. Actually no, you have more legal rights than to be bullied by an RTO that is actually accountable to the various national authorities.

Further, one of my employees undertook a training course with SG and the assignments were basically to cut and paste and reformat the learning materials into the assignment. Not quality training. Not satisfactory. Not a qualification or an institute I have any regard for considering how easy it was for that person to obtain a Cert IV with minimal effort. Qualifications from SG are not welcome in my business.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes