Delayed flights, Lost baggage, Worst experience ever in life, Good bye Scoot!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

We 6 ppl flyed by Indonesia to Melbourne on 13/01/19, transited in Singapore. 5 of us total 8 baggages were checked in but not arrived in Melbourne airport, the most ridiculous thing is last one person checked in 2 bags and only 1 arrived...
not to mention how bad on the delays and don’t even want to go further on how hard to communicate with different parties (scoot airline, departure airport, transit airport, arrival airport and bloody agent called Charles Taylor aviation), those ppl were damn useless and helpless by answer you anything, except giving us a never-have-human-answered phone number.

TRUST ME, no matter how cheap Scoot offers, never never never flight Scoot, it “kills” you without you even notice!

Stay Away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Send emails to Scoot a month prior to your flight, you get a response a month after your flight or perhaps it never comes.Booked since it was priced Ok but at the end of it they increased the stay over time to 23 hours,so ended up spending 270 SGD at Changi for food and accomodation.Probably one of the worst decision ever to fly an unprofessional and cheap airline service. Dont compromise for Quality. This is a lesson...

Worst experience ever, I arrived in Melbourne but my Bag is still in Singapore

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

This is the first time I fly with Scoot Airlines and I had the worst experience ever. On 8th January i flew from Jakarta to Melbourne and I have to transit to Singapore. Before the plane flew to Singapore i want to put my bag in the cabin but it's full, the flight attendant ask me to check in my bag and they guarantee that my bag will arrive with me in Melbourne. But the reality is the bag did not arrive with me to Melbourne, my bag is still in Singapore. All of my clothes is inside my bag, and they told me that my bag will arrive in 48 hours. So, for the next two days I don't have any clothes, I'll just wait till my bag arrive in Melbourne and I'm not sure that my bag will arrive on time.

good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

i have used scoot many times out of the gold coast.i have always had good service.sometimes there are a few glitches but thats travel.always they have been extremely helpful.last month i returned 20 minutes early from singapore,well done scoot

canberra, ACT

• 1 comment

very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Flight from sydney to singapore - flight 7.5 hours - flight was smooth - flight was cold but i had my OWN blanket - flight in general was ok. - tray table DIRTY - food was good.
HOWEVER, read this...........
i booked and paid for a window seat 6K with extra leg room - aircraft up graded from scoot to Singapore airlines. i was notified of this change via email however as i do not work in the airline industry i did not realise that my pre booked seat was cancelled. at Sydney i checked in and was given a boarding pass with a different seat allocation. when i questioned the lady who served me in the priority boarding queue, she said that the aircraft was upgraded and seating allocation has been changed. of course this was not acceptable as i had pre booked and PAID extra for 6K. she then gave me another seat and said it was a window seat, emergency exit row with extra leg room. only to find out that she LIED TO MY FACE to fob me off. the service was atrocious and she compromise the integrity of the company.

• 2 answers
Private message

Terrible! Rude staff and late flights.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

First time flyer with Scoot and I have to say they are probably the worst to fly with. Both times our flights were delayed by at least for 2 hours, gate changes and not once did they inform us of any of this. Check in counters have technical issues and cause you to wait an hour in line.
Rude staff on board who wake you up and demand boarding passes for food, then get impatient when you are groggily fumbling around your purse getting them. In the end I told her to take it away as she was making me upset. No apologies.
Drinks are not complimentary. Have to pay $8 for some water.
Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Flight delay.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Our flight was delay 3hr from Singapore to Perth on 4th Jan 2019 and no announcement was make in the waiting area until I ask the question at the counter, my family will never fly Scoot again..and I don't think they care..
Des.

horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

WARNING customer service is horrible never again i have been waiting on the phone for over an hour just to ask a simple question waited the first time for 25 minutes they answered and shut in my face

CONCLUSION dont even think about it
i spoke to the pilot he"s only been doing it for 3 years so wish me luck guys!!!!

Never again- Callcenter is effrontery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

After a double booking because of a technical defect from the scoot website, they try to justify that we should pay both flight. The only thing that they can give us is a credit. They don't care about costumer concerns.

• 6 helpful votes

Worst ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

We booked a return flight with 4 hour transit at Changi airport.Just two weeks prior to flying we got a mail frkm Scoot stating that the return flight stay over at Changi airport has incresed to 23 hours. And herez the best part - No accomodation.

This is the last time ever that i will fly Scoot.

melbourn

Private message

terrible terrible airline ... gave me legionella infection from their dirty air conditioners. I wont

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I am a frquent flier but this was the first time i chose this flight and it was just a terrible terrible experience .. I am sick from the day I boarded this flight

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Its tiger's air new name same bad airline

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Thanks tigers now get either spend my birthday in singapore as delays mean not make connection to be with my with my wife, or lose my money and fight and stay in perth. Scoots just rebadged tiger. Well don't want send sleepless night in Singapore so going walk away from this flight. Thanks for crap birthday singapore air.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Beware of flying scoot!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

My flight time has been changed 2x from scoot. For the same reason messing up my second flight which is not from them. They change my flight with no form of compensation or consideration on their part. I am pregnant and the changes would cause me to run to TRY to make it to make it to my second flight. Because of the first changes, i needed to change my 2nd flight which led me further to the airport. No refund offered to cancel flight- this is 3 months before actual flight. Same day as my flight they change flight again. No compensation no consideration.

Fly scoot and be ready for the bad consequences it will bestow upon you when they decide to change your flight. They dont care for passengers. Its a big hazzard on the passengers. Not worth it. No protection for the passengers.

Private message

Pathetic and havent even taken the flight yet +update

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Trip planned and booked 3 months ago, booked seats, everything done. From then to now our flights have changed times, and now we are not even taking a scoot flight we have been moved to singapore air. The money used to book our seats will not be refunded untill 4 weeks after we leave for singapore! If they can send you an emails saying your on a new flight and all seating arrangements are now unavailable, then why cant they refund my money on the spot!! So ill be out even more mobey to book new seats on the new airline!! Terrible terrible customer service, do not fly with this airline!!
So finally got to fly with scoot back from Singapore, after hearing all bad things from the ppl in singapore about 54 hour delays with scoot, I wasn’t expecting anything good. So arrived at the airport, checked in, sat around until boarding was called, sat in my seat in the quiet section, waited for delays, but took off around the right time. The plane itself had ample leg room, bit cosy on the person next to you but not bad. Service from flight staff was great and the quiet section was just that, quiet (thought a kid would be in there screaming). Landed ahead of scheduled landing time. Turned out to be a pleasant flight

Cancelled flights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

Received a booking reference number after bookign a flight with Scoot. Scoot then cancelled the flight as they were not selling enough seats. They failed to inform me of the change and dismissed my complaint. Terrible customer service.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Scoot overbooked seats- beware of paying for extra legroom, you may not get what you pay for.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

My wife and I are regular travelers.
We have flown Scoot quite a few times, and always booked extra legroom, paid first to board, and lounge access, and all the little luxuries,making the flight prices comparable to Qantas, but we like to stopover in Singapore so we ( used to) fly scoot. On our last flight,(yesterday) I received boarding passes in Manila that corresponded with my Itinerary to the Gold Coast, but unbeknownst to me, when I checked in at Singapore, the sneaky check in clerk changed these passes to seat me and my wife with seats in opposite parts in the plane, and because I did not know she had changed them we were not aware until we boarded and saw other passengers sitting in the seats that we had paid $160 for.
I asked to speak with the purser, and showed her my itinerary, with the details of the purchased seats, and her response was that they had to place us in other seats due to "weight and balance reasons"
I have been a pilot now since 1982, and I think that I know a little about this subject, and my response was simply, "If you wish to continue with this lame excuse, then please allow me to disembark, remove my baggage and your company can deal with the demurrage fees, which as you may know, are substantial."
I then selected a row of vacant seats and sat down. the purser scratched her head, thought about it, and all was well.
In all of the years flying this is the first time that I have encountered this sort of rubbish, and in the scheme of things it is no big deal to me, but to the uninitiated, it would be intimidating and frustrating, and it just should not happen. I understand that flights may be overbooked, I am sure that you will find reference to this in their paperwork, but the sneaky way that Scoot conducted themselves in this instance, by not informing that a change had been made, has now made me decide to fly with Qantas when I go next month, Scoot may or may not get more of my business, but I am certain that I wont be flying with them again for quite some time.
I don't like sneaks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Western Victoria, Vic

• 3 helpful votes

Very happy with Scoot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Flew Melbourne>Singapore>Krabi. Excellent care from Scooties. Smooth process and excellent value. Will happily book with Scoot again in the future.

• 2 helpful votes

They were great.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Well I don't know what the rest of you are on but I found Scoot airlines to be really good for what you pay for.
I only deducted 1 star because they changed the flight times on me once and they had no USB charger slot to charge my phone on the plane.
Other than that, Scoot were great!
Check-in and boarding always went without a hitch.
I had both my flights with Scoot, and the customer service was amazing every time! They were so polite and efficient.
They were always happy to help get a cup of water when we needed it to take travel sickness tablets at the beginning of the flight.
Even after I kept on accidentally pressing the assistance button with my elbow, they were still so polite and patient with me.
They even asked if the cake I ordered was for a celebratory reason and when I told them it was my mum's 70th, the stewardesses wished her a Happy Birthday and best wishes.
For a low-cost airline, they really went above and beyond. Thank You Scoot, I'd totally fly with you again.

Buderim

Do not fly Scoot

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We asked for a refund 8 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived! They have rescheduled our flight and the new itinerary they gave us does not suit our travel dates and the connection is terrible. So we asked for a refund instead. They said it will take 6-8weeks to refund our money! Why?! It took them 2 seconds to debit the airfare from our account! It also takes 5-10 days to get a confirmation email re refund! What a joke! Scoot is not for Australian market, that's for sure. Customer service is appaling!

• 2 comments
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Customer care is a joke! Rescheduled with longer flights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I booked flight 3 months ago. Got a mail stating flight got rescheduled to next day with new flight duration for my return flight to 29 to hours from (17 hours original)

Called up customer care to revise the day as it exceed my holiday plan. New flight was 35 hours travel. Bummer..

1 of 12 pages

Hey all..! How is it that Scoot can promise to call you back if the line drops, then they drop the call, then they don't call you back, then you call them back, and sit on hold for 25 minutes, then you ask every day for them to call, and then they still haven't called back in over 3 weeks, even when they know the urgency of the booking? What can we do to get service? It seems their 40% off promotion is a scam.. any suggestions folks? is there anyone worth reporting them to, or do I just have to post this on more sites everyday until they offer what they promised? Thanks everyone!

Jamos asked on Oct 09, 2018

Hi, will be going to Athens via sin using scoot this 1st Aug-13th Aug. I’m concerned about the wildfire which is going on and are still happen in Athens. Is the flight still flying or do scoot will let us know if it is not safe to go there right now? because i didnt receive any news from the airline so i expected everything is fine.

Couture B asked on Jul 27, 2018

Answer this

I suggest you visit http://smartraveller.gov.au

On January 9, 2018 I was made to pay 131 euros for checked baggage by Scoot at the airport. That was one suitcase of 14 kg. The receipt I was given specified 20 kgs. When I made the booking, there was no information about checked baggage fees on the online booking site. Later, I had a good look at the Scoot website but didn’t see any information relevant to my case. Even if I had, I wouldn’t have been able to change the booking without incurring a cancellation fee.Scoot, after denying responsibility, suggested I “coordinate with Expedia with regards to [my] concern on the lack of information upon booking”. How legitimate is it for airlines to have hidden charges or conditions passengers don’t have easy access to especially at the time of the booking? What’s the point of going to the trouble to find a low-budget airfare when the exorbitant extra fee cancels it all out? I would appreciate any helpful advice about what course of action I should take. A.G.

A.G. asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Write to the Australian ombudsmen for aviation however if it was flight for Greece to Singapore you could try the EU one. Singapore ombudsmen is toothless

Thank you, James. I'll follow your advice and fill you in on any developments.