Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

First and the last time with Scoot

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Melbourne to Singapore flight, there is no option for walk in assistance when you book and when you call customer care they lie. They lie they can provide one and during check-in there wasn't one available. When you make calls to customer care to enquire, all they give is false promise. Also, you pay for the food which is a joke. There is no dietary option and terrible food.
This is the first and last time with Scoot for sure!

6 months no refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Flew from Gold Coast to Singapore in December. Paid $160 to have 2 seats upgraded to emergency exit isle. A late change of aircraft meant row 9a and 9b were 3 rows behind the emergency row exit STANDARD seating. Numerous calls emails and posted on Facebook. Plenty of promises Still NO refund after 6 months. Don't pay for any upgrades and its our first and last scoot flight.

Verified Customer

Cheaters and miguiders to earn money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Worst airline lines, I am planning to file a petition against them.

Scoot airlines arrive and depart from terminal 1 of Singapore and air Asia is operated from terminal 3.
On 8th June night around 11pm When my Husband went to Bangalore airport the scoot airways told that he can not be given boarding passes as he has different terminal for boarding the flight in Singapore. He need to either have Singapore visa or he need to have from same terminal with same airlines else they wont allow him. As I had travelled 3 times via Singapore airport for my connecting flights to Australia and Phuket for which I had changed the terminals of Singapore airport without Singapore visa. My flight from Phuket to Singapore and Singapore to Australia was with Scoot airways. So I was never asked for transit visa or Singapore visa. Hence I preferred to speak to scoot airline member explaining the same. The airlines member also spoke to me and misguided us saying that he doesn't have any country Visa and you had Australian Visa when you travelled hence he need to have from same terminal with same airlines in Singapore for arrival and departure. As the time was short to apply for Singapore visa which takes more than 3 days normally, hence we followed the instructions of Scoot airways member as told. We booked scoot flight from Singapore to Bali and return.

In Singapore he was trouble for visa and was asked to leave to India to which my husband replied that the policy is when you have allowed to fly from Bangalore to Singapore hence scoot airways need to arrange his departure to India. He will not book flight again. To this they some how allowed him to travel Bali.
On 12th June when he went to airport to catch flight for India via Singapore as transit which same flights which were allowed earlier, he was denied giving boarding pass due to Singapore visa as transits requirement.
My question is
1) why did Scoot airways misguided us making us book more tickets when Visa was mandatory and
2) then bypassed the rules and allowed him to travel Bali.They were suppose to depot him to India due to their Visa issue which he cleared said in Singapore airport on 9th June. We want refund of all the tickets booked due to misguidance by Scoot airways.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Similar: Family of 5 flight to Singapore moved by 4 hours. No we arrive at 1:30am - how am I supposed to check into my apartment 20km's away at 1:30 am...?????

Worst airline experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

After booking good value flights as part of deal offered by the company, I proceeded to book accommodation and train fares. 3 weeks before departure, th hey notified me that part of the flight was cancelled.
They offered me flights 4 days prior and four days after the original, which I can not take. So now I'm left to rebook with another airline at more than twice the original cost.
I will never use this company again, and I advise other people to avoid it.

Singapore has lost its way

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

Well i never thought i would say i will not be returning to Singapore. I have flown Scoot for a few years now but like everything in Singapore it has taken a serious turn for the worse following Tiger with delays and cancelations. I lived in Singapore a few years and it was amazing but over the last few years Singapore and all their services i have noticed has taken a big nose dive. The hotels in Singapore have also become old and disgraceful. I can only think that maybe due to China taking back over Hong Kong that the Chinese have abandoned Singapore as a financial hub. I am now going to transit via Hong Kong and stay away from Singapore until the Singaporeans realize their issues an rebuild. Lets hope Singapore can get back to where it was as for now i will not be returning.

God Bless

Peter

satan airline

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

The ceo off scoot must be satina it the only way an airline could be so bad .The hostess have Adolf Hitler DNA.to be so mean .The seat are made off stone.

Verified Customer

Does not issue refunds on RETURN flights even though you have not flown yet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Was denied passage by customs due to passport having less than 6 months despite the trip only lasting 3 weeks. Received an email from Scoot saying we missed the departure flight and to contact them if we would still like to use the return flight so we did. Tried requesting a refund on the return flight seeing as it won't be used and they refuse to refund in cash or credit. Tried seeing if I could talk to a supervisor or manager, basically someone higher up than the person at the call center and they refused. Apparently it's company policy to never issue refunds. Will not be flying with Scoot ever again and advise anyone considering them to pick another airliner.

Daylesford

• 4 helpful votes

DO NOT EVER BOOK WITH SCOOT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

We still haven't flown yet but have had our flights changed twice. The first time we had to change our holiday leaving time by FIVE days. This second time we have had a change that doesn't allow us to make our connecting flight. scoot were extremely unhelpful, held us on hold for over half an hour at a time. I find it hard to write any further as it is 12.39 a.m. and I started on the phone to them at 9.00 p.m.
In short..DON'T FLY SCOOT AIRLINES..NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
Yogi

Best family airline we have traveled on

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

Great check in and fantastic staff with our kids, we have flown twice Gold Coast to Singapore and loved both flights.
Food was fantastic and never ever had any issues

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

They don't even honour their own terms and conditions of sale! Totally misleading. Do not buy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

We booked a return ticket for our daughter who was in Europe on a working holiday and wanted to plan her return and yes it was well in advance of when she was flying so we specifically checked the terms of carriage to make sure we could change the date accepting there would have been fees and charges applicable and I quote the terms and conditions of carriage on the ticket.
"Depart Athens - Singapore (W2)
- Cancellations, refunds and credits are not permitted; - Origin/destination changes are not permitted; - Flight date, time and/or name changes are permitted up to 4 hours before departure for a fee, plus any applicable difference in fare"
Now any reasonable person that reads that would be dumbfounded to be told they can not change the return date for ticket booked to depart on September 27th 2018!
You've been warned and Scoot don't care they wont even respond to emails! It's not worth the few dollars you save go elsewhere.

Verified Customer

Scoot forced us to buy qantas tickets after they cancelled our flight and refuse to refund us

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

We booked with Scoot in December for 4 adults flying from Singapore to Perth on 30 April on flight TR16. When we tried to check-in 3.5 hours before I scheduled flight we were told that the flight was cancelled. After further enquiry they told us that when we booked they still used the summer schedule but that we fly in winter. They told us that we should have received an email and SMS to notify us of the change which we didn't. We had to book tickets with qantas to get home at 7x the price we paid for our tickets. Our letter of complaint was met with a no care and no responsibility attitude and a "no refunds" policy. Please avoid Scoot at all cost.

Scoot forced us to book extra ticket saying no transit visa which was not required for immigration i

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Scoot ground staff in sydney forced the passenger to book a connection flight from Singapore
(additional ticket cost 1036 AUD) )when we already had tickets booked from another airline from Singapore. We never needed a transit visa. The reason they provided is that we need to have transit visa in Singapore otherwise we need connection flight scoot itself. Upon enquiring in Singapore immigration, 96 hours of transit is free as the passenger is not going out of airport.
In our initial travel plan, the next flight from Singapore was just in 2 hrs. Scoot staff in Sydney refused to see our ticket details and didn't allowed to board the scoot flight from Sydney without having a scoot connection from Singapore saying we don't have transit visa.
Calling customer care was terrible. We asked to cancel the extra ticket booked but they didn't do. They didn't refund. We didn't travel in the scoot connection flight instead we travelled by our initial travel plan so we deserve the money back as we didn't wanted the extra ticket. We cleared immigration in Singapore with our initial travel plan. We have all the proof but scoot customer care came up with a wrong investigation report saying customer paid for fair difference which is totally wrong. they refused to assist further
Such a bad and terrible experience from scoot and its staff. Never recommend to anyone. We thought we could save some money by choosing the budget airline but it finally ended up in double cost.

Wollongong

Worse service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

The planes won’t fall out of the sky and they might not be so dictatorial as North Korean airlines (I imagine) but scoot have a customer experience problem. They treat travellers with contempt while feigning innocence and will cancel flights often give you the run around for refunds and palm you off at any opportunity like receiving email
Flight itineraries to begin with! Cheap and not cheerful (but soul destroying)

Kardinya

• 2 helpful votes

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I am ashamed of this airline as it is a Singapore airline. I found the customer service polite but they are not good in assisting in queries. The airlines should train them in their English language. I expected better service and good English level from scoot.

• 1 question

Verified Customer

Costumer service isn't very helpful. Very disappointed with them and too much lies.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Nope. I paid $150 to upgrade 3 seats and I got given 3 normal ones. I shown the cabin crews the papers but still refused to give us the 3 seats I paid for and she said that I should contact the customer service and tell them what happened then they will give me the refunds. I've contacted them 3 times in a months, keep telling them about the problems and all they promised me that they will contact me within a week a week and 2 weeks was gone no phone call I called them again and was told to wait for another week. Two days ago I rang them up to ask them why they keep on lying to me, its 4 weeks now still they said I have to wait. How long? 4 years or 10 years?. Not a trusted people of SCOOT.

Horrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

Calling customer service is a nightmare! The teller was impatient, and quick to become aggressive over the phone. The only saving grace was that the hold time was very short, LOL!

• 4 helpful votes

V good budget Airline

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Booking was easy
Airline departed 30min late both from Melbourne and Singapore but arrived on time.
Everything else was like normal airline.. SO overall It was v good trip in good budget.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Booking cancelled and no confirmation at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Booked a flight and everything seems to be fine at the time of booking but didn't receive any confirmation advising that flight booking was cancelled.

Had to wait 30mints on the phone before someone answered and told me that booking didn't go through.
Worst booking system ever.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

perth

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

once scoot has your money all service lost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Scoot has changed my flight time dramatically impacting on my travels. Unfortunately Scoot wont even answer the phone or respond to emails to change my flight

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 9 pages

On January 9, 2018 I was made to pay 131 euros for checked baggage by Scoot at the airport. That was one suitcase of 14 kg. The receipt I was given specified 20 kgs. When I made the booking, there was no information about checked baggage fees on the online booking site. Later, I had a good look at the Scoot website but didn’t see any information relevant to my case. Even if I had, I wouldn’t have been able to change the booking without incurring a cancellation fee.Scoot, after denying responsibility, suggested I “coordinate with Expedia with regards to [my] concern on the lack of information upon booking”. How legitimate is it for airlines to have hidden charges or conditions passengers don’t have easy access to especially at the time of the booking? What’s the point of going to the trouble to find a low-budget airfare when the exorbitant extra fee cancels it all out? I would appreciate any helpful advice about what course of action I should take. A.G.

A.G. asked on Apr 23, 2018

Answer this

Write to the Australian ombudsmen for aviation however if it was flight for Greece to Singapore you could try the EU one. Singapore ombudsmen is toothless

Thank you, James. I'll follow your advice and fill you in on any developments.

What currency does scoot accept on board Syd to Singapore?

Shan asked on Mar 24, 2018

Answer this

Singapore Dollars or Aud (better rate SGD)

Hi. I did not buy any checkin luggage. But Im travelling with my 33mth old toddler. can I checkin my baby stroller? Do I still have to by the checkin weight for my stroller?

Rita Noritah asked on Nov 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rita, normally with most airlines stroller should not be considered as a luggage. As you can push it all the way till you board the plane. But I would double check with Scoot as they are a budget airline.
Regards,