Wollongong

Worse service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

The planes won’t fall out of the sky and they might not be so dictatorial as North Korean airlines (I imagine) but scoot have a customer experience problem. They treat travellers with contempt while feigning innocence and will cancel flights often give you the run around for refunds and palm you off at any opportunity like receiving email
Flight itineraries to begin with! Cheap and not cheerful (but soul destroying)

Kardinya

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I am ashamed of this airline as it is a Singapore airline. I found the customer service polite but they are not good in assisting in queries. The airlines should train them in their English language. I expected better service and good English level from scoot.

Verified Customer

Costumer service isn't very helpful. Very disappointed with them and too much lies.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Nope. I paid $150 to upgrade 3 seats and I got given 3 normal ones. I shown the cabin crews the papers but still refused to give us the 3 seats I paid for and she said that I should contact the customer service and tell them what happened then they will give me the refunds. I've contacted them 3 times in a months, keep telling them about the problems and all they promised me that they will contact me within a week a week and 2 weeks was gone no phone call I called them again and was told to wait for another week. Two days ago I rang them up to ask them why they keep on lying to me, its 4 weeks now still they said I have to wait. How long? 4 years or 10 years?. Not a trusted people of SCOOT.

Horrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

Calling customer service is a nightmare! The teller was impatient, and quick to become aggressive over the phone. The only saving grace was that the hold time was very short, LOL!

• 3 helpful votes

V good budget Airline

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Booking was easy
Airline departed 30min late both from Melbourne and Singapore but arrived on time.
Everything else was like normal airline.. SO overall It was v good trip in good budget.

Private message

Booking cancelled and no confirmation at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Booked a flight and everything seems to be fine at the time of booking but didn't receive any confirmation advising that flight booking was cancelled.

Had to wait 30mints on the phone before someone answered and told me that booking didn't go through.
Worst booking system ever.

perth

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

once scoot has your money all service lost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Scoot has changed my flight time dramatically impacting on my travels. Unfortunately Scoot wont even answer the phone or respond to emails to change my flight

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

High cost performance flight in South East Asia

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

The booking process is very easy, which can be done online or inphone. Most of my Scoot flight were on time. The on-board service was not as good as normal airlines such as Qantas, British, ANA. For a cup of water, you will be charged 1 SGD. For long journey travel, it's not a good choice. Only short flight is ideal for backpackers.

• 1 comment
  • 27 helpful votes

Great Flight but Terrible Food & Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Scoot uses most modern 787 Dreamliners on their Singapore - Melbourne route. Flight is clean and comparable to Singapore Airlines. However a big let down is their in-flight service even when you paid for it.

We paid $65 for four meals (breakfast) - when breakfast was served we even struggled to open the package as the thin plastic wrap was so flimsy it could only be removed in small strips. After much struggle when we tasted the food, it was 3rd class, the worst food I've ever tasted in an airline (have been flying regularly for past 22 years).

Breakfast was served with drink options of Iced Tea or Coke, what a joke. We couldn't even swap the coke for a bottle of water. We had to buy the water. I haven't seen an airline that doesn't serve water with meals before.

We requested the staff to take our unopened coke and iced tea cans. They were more than happy to take them even though they declined to give is 1 cup of water (for the kids) even though we had paid $65 for the crappy food and drink. We believe they are low paid and will sell the returned drinks to keep them above poverty class.

I still can't believe an airline like Singapore Airlines with such high rating can run an airline like Scoot in such a terrible way. Our flight wasn't cheap either, we forked out SG$1700+ for the tickets.

Sydney, NSW

Verified Customer

Changing flight schedule without option nor allowed for refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Flight schedule changed to 13 hours stop over in Singapore which destroyed our tour schedule & also connection flight to other country. Worse thing about it is that they won't refund you as they believe by giving another flight option which is 2 days later is fine?! Don't these people aware that we have schedule when we go overseas for tour trip, hotel, car rental, etc to follow?!
Please do yourselves a favor by spending couple hundred $ more on a reputable flights

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Fees for cancelled flights????

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Last time I flew with Scoot I wrote a very positive review as both flights were great. I booked a flight Penang to Perth 2 days ago and within 24 hours they sent through a revised itinerary and instead of flying on one day and having a 2 hour stop over in Singapore the new itinerary was leaving late from Phuket and getting in to Singapore at 10.45pm and leaving the next day at 2pm. A 15 hour stopover and would have had to pay accommodation in Singapore and late check out in Phuket. What would they do? Nothing if it doesn't suit (which it doesn't) We will cancel the booking and you need to pay $20.00 Singapore for each passenger. 7 to 8 weeks for a refund when they charged my credit card immediately on booking. Its disgusting why in this day of technology does it take so long for a refund and I do not agree with having to pay a fee when they change your flight to an unacceptable time or day.

melbourne

Private message

Very very bad airline pls avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

booked to fly from Melbourne to Athens return. As it is a budget airline I did not mind that long layover at Singapore. However they moved my departure date 1 day earlier and move my return flights to 2 days later. They offered to refund my money but wanted to keep 50 dollars administration fee as if the changes were my fault. They also would not compensate me for the domestic flights I had to cancel and reschedule. Yes, i will never use them again and I am involving consumer affairs if their planes will fly on my preferred days because I suspect they wanted to sell tickets to higher price. It is a gambling game with them and you take a huge risk with your time and money.

Overcharged for booking

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

Scoot overcharged me for a booking despite it being a straightforward return flight. Their own breakdown of costs does not even add up on the invoice.

Worst airline ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Planned flight: 14th December 2017-10 pm.
Actual take off: 15 December-2 pm

The worst budget airline ever. I have taken so many budget airline flights in recent past and this is the worst airline. I really don't want to recall what happened on 14th and 15th of Dec 2017. However, I am writing this review to help others to avoid huge disappointments.

The flight TR 13 from Sydney to Singapore on 14th got cancelled. It was announced at the gate few minutes before the boarding time. We had another connecting flight from Singapore to Sri Lanka. However, we were informed that we would be given another flight next day early morning. So we were forced to collect our luggages and return home. People who lived far away from the airport slept somewhere near to the airport even with their kids (because they did not have time to come back for the next day morning flight).

Since we had a connecting flight, both my self and husband had to pay another 900 aud to reschedule the flight to Sri Lanka. Sadly, when we returned back next morning to the Sydney airport, we were informed the Scoot flight got delayed by 2 hours. Ok fine, still we had a hope that we could catch the rescheduled flight to Sri Lanka. However, finally the Scoot flight got further delayed and it left Sydney at 2 pm on 15 the December. When we arrived Singapore, our (rescheduled) Sri Lankan airline flight has already left and we had to book another flight to Sri Lanka by paying another 500 AUD which leaves next day (16th December) morning. Thus, we slept at the Changi airport that day. Finally, we arrived Sri lanka exactly one day later the scheduled arrival and paying more than 1500 aud extra for tickets and taxi.

It was a horrible experience and like a nightmare to us. The ground staff at Sydney airport do not even know how to handle such issues. They were unprofessional and appalling. One staff member laughed at us when we asked for compensation for the connecting flight rescheduling cost, and the manager even threatened my husband saying she would not board us if we do not stop complaining.
Overall experience was unspeakably awful.
Please stay away from this dreadful airline..

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Just returned from a trip to Singapore with Scoot. Having read many negative comments about flying with Scoot, after booking, I was a bit worry. However, everything turned out perfectly. Dreamliner flied so smooth & quiet. Nothing to complain for. I did not purchase any extra as I thought they were quite expensive though.

Just book another trip to Singapore in March 2018 with Scoot as it is soooo cheap, $240 return (plus $20 processing fee - Scoot should list this charge openly). And planning to book a return leg back to Australia from Athens in August, ER$250, about A$400 (as I'll arrive in London).

Until I encounter any disappointment some people have complained, make me think it over, I'll stick with Scoot for the time being.

Perth

Scoot flight insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Bought scoot flight insurance to cover trip from Singapore to Perth.
My wife broke her arm and was unable to fly on scheduled day.
Re booked flight for a month later at an extra cost of $280 when i tried to claim the extra cost on the insurance policy i was advised that changing the flight dates was not covered and that the policy does not have a flight postponement benefit so my claim was denied.
I am lost as to what the policy does cover as it does state that flight delays are covered.
Never again will i fly scoot they are a very basic airline with no customer service shocking food and a shonky insurance company providing cover stay clear of them.

• 3 helpful votes

Horrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I have requested for refund since they have cancelled their flight on last minute, its been more than 2 months and i haven't received the refund yet.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

preston

• 5 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Went smoothly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

When you book with a budget airline your expectations should pretty much be around 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Smooth check in process. Got free check in baggage (I guess because I was really nice to the check in staff). Almost new flight with clean interiors. I chose not to buy the in-flight food because it was a bit expensive. Found the in-flight meal prices cheaper than the pre-booking prices.Overall a smooth flight. Only problem was the positioning of the buttons on the arm rest. It kept going on which was a bit annoying.

Private message

Flight cancelled - time and money wasted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

We boarded our plane to Singapore and had to wait on board for 2 hours due to technical difficulties. The flight was then cancelled as there were not the appropriate staff or parts available to fix the issue, and the night time departure curfew had been reached in Sydney. We were told to disembark and return to the check-in counter. No scoot staff were present here. The call centre had no information either.

We were going on this trip for a long weekend, so when they could not reschedule our flight until the day we were due to return, we were offered a refund for this one-way part of the flight. We had to re-book flights with another airline at the airport which Scoot then would not reimburse us for, or for the loss of pre-paid parking fees. We did have comprehensive travel insurance, however almost no policies on the market will cover for mechanical failure of an aircraft that leads to a delay or cancellation (which I didn't know!).

Scoot did not reschedule the flight for the next morning, communicate with any of the stranded passengers at the airport, or prove at all helpful in the months following when we tried over MANY phone calls to follow up.

Don't fly with this company. If they cancel your flight there is no skin off their nose - but you'll have a costly nightmare on your hands - regardless of whether you have travel insurance or not.

• 1 comment
Private message

unanswered email to damaged check in baggage

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

Booked on a Scoot business class on TR8 to Perth and one of our checked in baggage marked fragile in its original packaging....reached home and only the following day noticed the big dent on the external n upon opening..noticed the damaged as well...send email with attached photos via messengers as well.....no reply......bern a month coming.....not what to expect from scoots...be responsible and take charge

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

it been coming to 6 months now and believe me that a reputable company like Scoots do not have the basis mean and courtesy to make a response....utterly disappointed and Scoots should feel ashamed.... read more »

1 of 9 pages