• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Oh Sendle.... What on earth are you doing?!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I ordered a box of ethical toilet paper from Who Gives A Crap. The delivery was estimated to arrive between 15 - 19 Dec. When the parcel didn't arrive I assumed everyone was busy with Christmas so I gave them a few days grace before following up.

They told me they assigned my job to Fastaway, Fastaway didn't know where my parcel had gone and they would look for it. I have been getting updates every few days since late December (it's now 15 Jan) telling me they are looking for the parcel and will get back to me soon.

I finally got an email from Sendle today, telling me they can't find the parcel, they can't do any more for me and to contact Who Gives A Crap to arrange a replacement to be sent out.

The hilarious part is that I spoke to Who Gives A Crap just over a week ago now, they apologised and said they would send a replacement out (I'm assuming via Sendle). The replacement was supposed to arrive mid last week. Guess what? This one hasn't arrived either!

The staff at Sendle seem very nice but I can't give them more than one star as they literally have one job - to move parcels between the sender and the receiver and it doesn't appear they are very good at doing that.

Interestingly, they seem to have a stack of positive reviews from a while back on Product Review, but you can see the reviews getting worse and worse as time goes on. If you look on other review sites, all the reviews for Sendle are absolutely shocking.

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Amy, Thanks for this feedback. We understand that it's extremely frustrating when parcels don't get delivered at the estimated time and I appreciate that you're feeling underwhelmed. I've che... read more »

Gold Coast Queensland

Private message

It would be quicker to take it myself!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Parcels were picked up from Gold Coast, Queensland on 13 Dec and were delivered one month later - too late for us to wait any longer. We crossed the Nullarbor Plain whilst they were still in transit! Tracking info was useless because parcels had been given to 3rd party Courier and Sendle would not advise who that was, so we could check with them or pick up from their warehouse. Help desk was slways slow with useless advice and platitudes and then finally, without first checking, re-routed them back to sender (at their expense), but without any guarantees of where they were or when they would arrive and where!! The parcels arrived at the original WA address on 13 Jan. We engaged StarTrack and parcels were collected same afternoon for delivery in Melbourne in 10 days and for a third the price charged by Sendle. help desk commented that they are not a priority courier - ABSOLUTELY NOT, Nor will they get any further business from me.

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Gail, Thank you for your feedback, we're listening. We're sorry to hear that you have not had a great Sendle experience recently, and we appreciate that you're feeling this way. We've investi... read more »

Great value courier service for small business!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I've been using Sendle courier service for 2 of my small businesses for a couple of years now. Highly recommend them as their website is easy to use, has great features and functionality. Their prices are also very good value and simple. Always picks up on time and delivers on time. Really can't fault them so give them a try if you're running a small to medium business where you don't have the negotiating powers of big business sending tons of parcels to get really good deals on shipping. Sendle is just easy and hassle free.

Don't use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Held off on writing anything to give them the benefit of the doubt but this service is beyond a joke.

I ordered a product online from a company that is located in the same state/city that I live in. I have purchased from them before and have received my item within 3 days at most when they were with Auspost. It has been over 2 weeks since Sendle received my package and I still do not have it. Two supposed 'attempted deliveries' were made within the following days of them receiving it despite the fact that I was home all day and never had anyone ring the doorbell, leave any note or even indicate that they had tried to deliver my package. From then on there were no updates on my tracking history.
After waiting a few days to see if they would attempt to redeliver, I tried contacting Sendle support to figure out what I am suppose to do as their website doesn't seem to offer any information on their parcel collect locations and had to wait 4 days for a response. They eventually rescheduled my parcel for a re-delivery on the 15th and I have received no further updates since then.

To summarise:
- I have been waiting over 2 weeks to receive a parcel from a sender within my state. Ridiculous, had packages sent from America arrive in less time.
- Delivery driver made no attempt to even deliver the package.
- Their support team is extremely slow. (If only they were as responsive as the Sendle employee responding to these reviews).
- Their tracking information shows little to no detail of where your package is located.
- Doesn't seem to be any locations to go and collect your package yourself (or at least is not provided on their website/ my tracking information) with the only alternative being to email support for a re-delivery, which then leaves me back to my original issue of their driver not doing their job, and delivering the package.

I thought Auspost was bad but Sendle takes it to the next level. Won't be ordering online from any companies that use Sendle as their delivery method from now on.

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Sam, Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. These help us identify what is working well and what isn't and allows us to improve our services for the better. We understand you'... read more »

Thanks but that was not my request at all. I have no way of finding the location of your nearest collection point as I have neither been told or am able to find it anywhere on your website. From... read more »

Simple,easy & cost effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys at Sendle for a super easy process we sell some items on eBay and was for number of years going down to the post office and stand in a long que to send the items only because l didn’t want to damage the items by dropping it into a post box but now I just use my Sendle app or desktop it pulls the address data from the purchase off eBay and autofills and press order you can chose pickup days and so on and it’s done leave it out side and it’s done door to door how good is that for the same price and at times much less then using Australia Post so simple it’s not funny

Comments
Sendle Official

HeyJacques,

Your feedback is very much appreciated - thank you!

We love that you love the Sendle difference. No more lining up at the post office so you can focus on the things that are really important.

Happy Sendling!

Verified Customer

A good price and fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I sent a package from Perth to Melbourne. It was picked up early on the day that it was scheduled and arrived at the destination a few days before it was excepted. As far as I know, the package was well looked after on the trip, motorcycle parts. I knew exactly when it had been delivered. The tracking was basic with only a few details, however, good enough. The cost was less than 50% of what other services had quoted. Jan 2018.

Comments
Sendle Official

Hey Tyson,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review!

We're happy that your parcel was delivered on time, in perfect condition and that our online tracker has been helpful.

Cheers to more deliveries and great delivery experiences with you.

Brisbane

Private message

NO ONE TO TALK TO, My parcel is held hostage but I can't get anyone to SPEAK TO ME to sort it out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

On Sunday evening I decided to try Sendle (my first time using a courier company). I created an account, paid with my credit card and filled out the courier collection instructions detailing where the parcel would be. I left the parcel out as per my instructions. I woke up the next morning and went to check on my parcel and it had already been collected so I was impressed (briefly).....then I went to my computer and received an email saying that my payment had actually been declined and the parcel would NOT be collected until payment was processed. The payment decline email had come through HOURS after lodging the job with them, it came through at 4am, by that time I had already left the parcel out for the courier and gone to bed. I figured despite the payment decline the job must have made it onto the couriers jobsheet BEFORE the payment was declined. My housemate confirmed then confirmed he saw the courier pick it up as he left for work. I emailed Sendle (because there is NO CONTACT number) and asked which company had collected my parcel they didn't respond (they say they endeavour to respond within 8 hrs). I waited a full 24hrs and emailed again and STILL NO RESPONSE 36hrs later!! So some mysterious courier is in posession of my parcel yet it hasn't been uploaded on the tracking system and I'm getting complete RADIO SILENCE FROM SENDLE . Will NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN
FURTHERMORE THERE IS NO WAY TO LODGE COMPLAINTS AS THEIR WEBSITE INSTRUCTS YOU TO 'FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW IF HELP CENTRE HAS FAILED TO HELP.....YET THERE IS NO FORM BELOW!!?????"

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Nina, Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We understand how important it is to receive updates in a timely manner and I appreciate that you're feeling this way. While the ... read more »

Palmwoods

Private message

Would recommend this to anyone!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I use sendle to send packages. It's the best service to use. Very easy and straight forward and reasonably priced.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hey Danielle,

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we really appreciate it!

We're glad to hear that your Sendle experience has been seamless.

Cheers to more great delivery experiences with you! Happy Sendling!

Non-responsive customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Basically their customer service is terrible, as in it doesn't actually exist, but my package eventually got picked up after almost a week soooo... result?

Going to amend this - they contacted me, albeit a bit late, and made sure everything was cool. I'm good with them now :)

Comments
Sendle Official

Hey Jack, Thank you for your feedback, we're listening. We understand it is important to receive updates in a timely manner and we really appreciate your patience while we do our best to answer a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
Private message

3 days waiting for a parcel to be collected!!!!!!!!!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I have been using sendle a couple of months now and it was all going so well with no complaints, this last parcel however is a totally different story as they are using fastway couriers to collect. This is now the third day of waiting for the parcel to be collected, I have called fastway and its a complete joke. I am now thinking of going back to good old Australia post because at least you can call them

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Kim, We've received your feedback and thank you for sending it through. We understand that delays in pick up are extremely frustrating and we're doing everything to sort this out for you.... read more »

well the parcel sat there for 3 days and was never collected, so hoping its collected tomorrow or that's it I am done with Sendle, I have never known anything like it.

And I notice you have now taken the money out of my account for this parcel, unbelievable

Coonabarabran

• 2 answers
Private message

Are they a delivery company or a scam? Parcel still hasnt shown up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I had a parcel shipped on the 29th of last year to be delivered to my home. Its now the 12th of january, the tracking details havent changed for 2 days, the estimated delivery date was from the 4th to the 8th of january and I e-mailed sendle a day and a half ago but no-one has even bothered to reply. This is the worst experience I have ever had! I even called the shop who sent the parcel ion the first place, at least she was excellent enough to investigate for me! So the shop I ordered from has better customer communication than sendle, what a disgrace. I would rather drive the 1100kms and pick my parcel up in person than use this mob again. Terrible service, the tracking is a joke and no-one responds to complaints. Thanks for making this experience one I will never forget, and all for the wrong reasons.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Scully, We're sorry to hear that you haven't had such a great experience, and we totally understand if you're feeling this way. We'd like to know how we can further assist you and so we've... read more »

Hi, the parcel has turned up, but unfortunately I had more help from the shop I purchased my goods from than your company. I sent your company an e-mail in regards to this and the only way for Send... read more »

Sendle Official

Hi Scully, Thanks for your reply. Really sorry to hear you've felt so underwhelmed with your Sendle experience. We'd love to try and make things right. However, we can't find you in our system u... read more »

aa

Run Forrest run...

20 days to deliver Xmas presents
last presents arrived 8 January 2018
Picked up 19th Dec 2017
If someone asks me should I use Sendle?
I would say
Run Forrest run ......
The worst service (pre & post delivery) ever!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Mrs Gump, Thanks for this feedback. I understand that it's extremely frustrating when parcels don't get collected or delivered at the estimated time and I completely appreciate if you feel thi... read more »

syd

• 1 answer

Avoid at all costs

Slow
Poor customer service
Lack tracking information
Avoid at all costs
They really are cheap and nasty.
You have been warned

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi there, Thank you for taking time to write us a review - we appreciate it. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to know more about your Sendle experience to help us identify what we ... read more »

Arrived early

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Sent a parcel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast
Arrived 2-3 days earlier than quoted
Picked up on time
Have to say when I printed the receipt my heart sank when I saw Courier please name as the courier but couldn’t have asked for better service.
Would definitely use again, Great prices and easy to follow your parcel at each stop.

Comments
Sendle Official

Hey Vicki,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback (and for taking the time to write it), it’s so appreciated.

We’re thrilled to have built a service that works for customers ike you.

Happy Sendling!

Private message

Subcontracting deliveries to companies of questionable quality is a bad idea

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

The fact that Sendle uses other courier/delivery companies that it has very little control or awareness over their quality of service drags down its reputation. Take Fastway for example.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear you've felt so underwhelmed with your Sendle experience.

We'd love to try and make things right. We're looking forward to hearing more about this and hoping you'd reply to our PM.

Thank you.

Sendle is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I have been using Sendle for the last year. I find it convenient , efficient and cost effective . I am looking forward to further rollouts of international services.

Comments
Sendle Official

Hey Paul F,

Thank you so much for the feedback - we appreciate it a lot!

We're looking forward to having you onboard our International service early this year.

Cheers to more deliveries, and Happy Sendling!

Verified Customer

Would give a 0 if this was possible. Over 20 days and package still not delivered within Australia!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I placed an order on 16 December 2017 for a package to be delivered within Australia. It is now 8 January 2018 and the package is yet to be received by the recipients.

I signed up to Sendle and noticed the package was mis-delivered twice. I had to contact Sendle myself to find out why this happened. They responded to say that the delivery driver could not deliver the package to the address.

Sendle sent me the address and it was incorrect as it did not have a house number even though this was clearly provided at checkout and I have proof of the delivery address being correctly recorded.

Sendle then advised that the re-delivery will be made within 1 to 2 business days. It has now been 2 business days an the packaged is still yet to be delivered.

To summarise this terrible experience:
- An order was placed on 16 December 2017.
- Recipient is yet to receive the order and it is now 8 January 2018 (over 20 days).
- Sendle failed to contact me even though their driver was trying to deliver a package without a house number!
- Sendle failed to re-deliver the package within 1 to 2 business days.
- The package was only being sent within Australia, which should take a day or two at max.

Do not recommend!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Chris, Thanks for this message and feedback. I understand we've underwhelmed you with this particular experience and we'd like to know what we can do to further assist you. To be able to add... read more »

Excellent, Australian Owned and Environmentally Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Sendle always have been professional, efficient, cheap, secure and are a great company to deal with, Australian and carbon neutral. YES!!!!!

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for the feedback - we appreciate it a lot! So thrilled that you love the Sendle difference, and we’re excited to keep working with you. Also, thanks for supporting a ... read more »

Verified Customer

Another 'start up' more focused on equity and investment than the core of any business, its customer

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Was so excited about this new service. Started off amazing but has just been going down hill since November. Which is sad :( as I wanted it to work so much.
Problems start to happen when parcels go missing. Highest ratio of missing parcels compared to any company I have used before. 1 in 30 parcels go missing so far. Their customer service uses start up buzz words like 'Happiness Champions' but their service and knowledge is luck lustre compared to other services. It took 23 emails to solve one query, photographic evidence by both parties proving parcel was delivered to wrong address. An easy solution that dragged on and then I was out of their insurance window. How convenient.
Going through another missing parcel again now and just got an email saying asking if 'I need any further help and they will close the ticket if I do not reply'. This is mid way through a query after being told to wait for 3 business days. Are they even looking into it for me?
The problem is they are just a website for Couriers Please so when there are issues everyone is just handballing the issue around and the person who gets duped is you the small business owner and they like whoops sorry bad luck bye :(

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sendle Official

Hi Mrs Steele, Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review - we're listening. We understand that it's extremely frustrating when parcels get lost, and we completely appreciate that you... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer

Works every time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I live on a rural property not far out of town and have always battled with the "Australian" delivery company. They never deliver to my property - just leave cards which means a 20km round trip each time, sometimes further. Since I have started using Sendle they have become my go to service - to the point I will shop elsewhere if I cannot use Sendle. Friendly delivery driver who I know and knows me. Always on time with a smile.
Highly recommended - just wishing they go International....

Comments
Sendle Official

Hey JenRich, Thank you for that wonderful feedback. We’re thrilled to have built a service that works well for customers like you. Watch out for our International service early this year! ... read more »

1 of 80 pages