Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

These are very comfortable, and very easy to use. I love the touch controls for volume, play, next tune, last tune.The sound isolation and noise cancellation is really good, sometimes I'll just put the set on for some quiet in my noisy work environment. I'm very pleased with my purchase and would buy them again.

Tuscaloosa

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

excellent value of the headset

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Until I bought a Sennheiser PXC 550, I had the possibility to enjoy high-quality music anywhere, and I bought a lot of albums in the airport lounge while waiting for the flight time. With headphones on, dial to complete noise reduction, the entire world is quiet down, experience noise reduction effect of the best place is the subway station, railway station, the airport as the representative of the Environment noisy public places, noise isolation is very thorough. Ultra-noise reduction, long life, comfortable wearing, easy handling, excellent value of the headset.

Purchased at: Addicted to Audio

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Forget the Bose.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I tried different high quality brands of headphones for noise cancellation/sound quality over the past few months.
Sennheiser PXC 550. The sound quality is SUPERB, the noise isolation is better than the Bose ,Really. I put my head next to an air conditioner vent and music still sounded angelic). The build quality is so well thought out with every button placed in a very convenient spot – all flush against the housing and sleek. When you put them on the feel incredible and don't protrude from the head nearly as much as the Sony's.

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

A Very Nice Headset

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

These are good! I don't use headphones all the time when gaming, just when someone else is in the room. These are comfortable enough to wear for a few hours at a time. The sound quality is great! The mic works well.... my friends say I am louder when using my computer's default mic, softer when using the headphones

Para Hills West

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Nice Sennheiser quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

These are very good noise cancelling headphones. Judged solely on that scale, they get 5 stars for their ability to hear content during a flight. They are also comfortable though people with very large ears may notice the pads more than I did. They can make your ears sweat a little too in humid conditions.
Notably useful is the PXC 550s ability to pair to two different devices and receive notifications on the first device while listening to music on the second device, allowing calls to come through and mute the music so you can talk.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Headfones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I have been looking for a new pair of good headphones for such a long time and finally i have found a pair that have the best sound. Way better than my previous headphones. Sound quality is fantastic. They are nice and light to wear and definitely very durable in all conditions

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Amazing quality, underrated

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

When compared to other headphones these are the most unique and underrated. Especially due to the fact that they allow you to use touch controls in order to control your music. By Simply tapping the right ear cup you are able to pause or play your music. They also have some of the best noise cancellation and have surprisingly long Bluetooth range and a long battery life.

Purchased at: Qantas Club

FRANKSTON

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best headphones I've ever bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

Comfortable, light weight, sturdy and great sound. Was after an upgrade and these headphones did not disappoint. Use them everyday, great for flights and public transport when you want to zone out from all the noise. Whether it's music or podcasts the noise cancellation is the best i've had. I recommend them to everyone

Sydney, NSW

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great Buy - GoodValue

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Comfortable, great quality and so far has performed really well. You get pretty decent noise cancelling as well. I was deciding between this or just sticking with a Bose like have traditionally done for years. Glad I tried something new

TOWNSVILLE, QLD

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great for airplanes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

After years of travelling monthly via air, grew tired of crying children and aircraft noise, it was time to upgrade from ear buds to something better. After talking in length with staff at Joyce Mayne Townsville, we settled upon these headphones. Should have bought them years ago. They have improved the flights by 100%. No more or very little noise. Can actually sleep on plane now, with or without music. Must have for frequent traveller.

Purchased at: Joyce Mayne

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

great sound quality with acceptable noise cancelling

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Purchased these in JB Hi-Fi in April. The sound quality is very Sennheiser-style, clear with wide soundstage. Versatile performance with the Captune app. The noise cancellation is a bit worse than Bose. However, taking sound quality into consideration, it's easy to say that this is a very good product, probably among the top-3 NC headphones.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Exactly what I was looking for

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

After losing my pair of Audio Techinca ATH-M50x and never really being happy with them, I decided to go into the deep end and purchase these for a couple of hundred dollars more. All I can say is that the difference is palpable. These are fun, punchy headphones that are nonetheless detailed and clear. Comparing them to the Sony WH-1000X M2s, I found the Senns to be a little bit more punchy and detailed in the lower end. Not that the Sony's were bad, it's just the bottom end lacked some definition. Additionally, with the Captune there's some really nifty little features; being able to change presets and effects and the option to have music paused when you take the headphones out of your ears. All of the features here feel thoughtful and non-gimmicky and I really don't see myself using any other headphones, both for ease of use and sound quality.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Outstanding Headphones

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

I really love these headphones. They were a treat to myself and I really appreciate them. The over the ears style are very comfortable for long periods and they do a good job of cutting out the outside noise. You can really get lost in the music with these. The reproduction is just that good! I would recommend them to anyone - they are the best headphones I have ever owned.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Undoubtedly the best I have ever owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

This is by far the best headphones I have ever owned. Even if I wanted to , can't find a fault with these. Awesome Noise cancellation, balanced sound quality , handy gestures, sturdy build quality and comfortable. Almost at par with qc35 on noise cancellation too, waiting for them to release wireless earbuds as well.

Hedland

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great pair of headphones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

I bought a pair of these headphones at Harvey Norman last year when they had a trade-in special going. Even without the trade-in, these are excellent value for money. The sound quality is fantastic, they are very comfortable and fit snugly over my ears and, most importantly (since this is the main reason I bought them) the sound cancellation is superb.
Prior to having these headphones, I could never sleep on a plane. The amount of continual noise was simply too much for me. Since purchasing this product I have had excellent sleep in-flight. The last time I flew international (only a week ago), I literally slept through the food service! Apparently the steward tried waking me but I didn't hear a thing.
For anyone travelling I thoroughly recommend these headphones. Previously, I would arrive at my destination thoroughly exhausted and sleep-deprived, and then need a day or two to get over the jet lag. I now arrive feeling good and jet lag is either non-existant or very mild. They are the best investment I've made for travel.

Be aware that noise cancelling only really works for constant consistent noise (like you get on planes). Short loud noises do get in because they are too quick for the headphones to cancel.

Sydney

• 6 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Brilliant Sound with Amazing Battery Life and Handy Controls

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

These headphones hit it out of the park for my money. The build quality is excellent and the headset is lightweight and comfortable. The sound quality is superb and sharp, yet a little lighter on the base than the Bose Bluetooth cans. These are great for virtually any kind of music but could stand to be a little louder and punchier for stuff with beats. The batteries seem to last forever so they're great for long flights or train trips. The touch controls on the side are a great feature to let you skip, pause, adjust volume, make calls or wake up Siri without having to pull out your phone. Call quality is absolutely excellent even in noisy or windy environments. If I was to single out any negatives, I would say that the noise cancellation could be a bit stronger, volume could be a little louder and bass perhaps a tad punchier. Also the pairing process isn't always straightforward with PC, but works great with IOS and Android. Overall I absolutely love these and use them surprisingly often.

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Finally fronted up the cash and i bought these even though everyone was telling me to buy QC35's. Absolutely no regrets. Had these for a few months now and never had any issues. Battery life is good also. Used for gaming and taking and receiving phone calls around the house or listening to music.

Canberra

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Already own the Bose QC35, Sony WH1000XM2B and Beats Studio Wireless. The Sennheiser PXC 550 had good functions for enhanced sound. There is present for movie or speech. I found that by turning on the enhanced sound the music was more vibrant compared to the Bose QC35 which is my preferred headphones but some music didn’t work that well with enhanced sound. Music with bass such as dance and rnb sounded better with the enhanced sound on the sennheisers.

Purchased at: Addicted to Audio

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

You should get these headphones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Initially I was reluctant to spend so much money on headphones, but I’m so glad I bought these and haven’t regretted it once. They are super comfortable (although can get warm and sweaty, particularly in warm climates) and the sound quality is fantastic. When flying or if you just want to block out those around you, the noise cancelling works really well. Battery life is excellent and recharge is fast. Highly recommend.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

If you travel... get yourself a pair

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I travel quite at a minimum twice a year and quite frankly, I can't fly without a pair of noise cancelling headphones ever again. I picked the Sennheiser over the Bose QC and Sony 1000X mostly since I got these on special but frankly I think they are fantastic.

Noise cancelling is not completely perfect, but definitely will give you a lot more alone time with whatever you're listening to without having to blast your music. Sometimes I have to wear one ear cup resting on my head so I can hear what is going on in the outside world. Audio quality is sufficient and sound profile is warm for extensive hearing sessions.

Battery life is very good. Easily covering most of my flights. The functionality to control your music using the side of the ear cup is also very convenient so you don't have to take out your devices out of your bag to control your music. However, it can be very sensitive if you accidentally knock something, sometimes skipping or pausing the music. Auto shutoff feature when you twist one ear cup is also much appreciated.

The bluetooth range is also very strong, as I have frequently walking down halfway down the plane leaving my phone in my seat to use the toilets mid flight and the music is not disconnected. it also connected very quickly with previously pair devices once you turn them on.

Purchased at: Wireless1 Online Store