• 1 question
Private message

A bunch of total bafoons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

My evaporated aircon unit pump was noisy, they arrive promptly & completely misdiagnosed the problems with my unit apparently couldn't fault it, so they decided to perform a service but it of course didn't fix the problem & only made it worse & rope you into their dodgy membership deal. so all in all they charged me almost $600 to no repairs on my unit & soon enough a major leak onto the newly painted ceiling & over inflated quotes for basic repairs-new unit replacement. after other expert advise & the comparison levels were outstanding on how hopeless this mob is, so errors on their behalf. I have heard similar stories from friends & pls NEVER USE THEM FOR ANYTHING!

Fabulous Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Best service ever prompt polite caring and efficient in correcting plumbing problem
Highly recommend to all my friends and customers .Mase my day
Thank you Luis so much and Service today

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Little L, Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review, I am pleased to hear that Service Today was able to help you in your time of need, could you please provide a job num... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

So Expensive - Total Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We had a small water leak in our ceiling. Our daughter was the only one home as we were on holidays. She called the first plumber who came up when googled. They charged $720.00 for less than 2 hours, which was 15 minutes in the roof, 50 minutes away getting a piece of pipe and another 20 mins or so in the roof to replace a piece of plastic pipe. When we came home I rang and asked for a breakdown of the charges and their answer was - "we don't charge by the hour, we charge by the job". Never again Service Today! I also rang the Master Plumbers to find out they are not registered with them. No surprises there.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Jillian, Thank you so much for the time you've taken to advise us of your experience. This is extremely important to Service Today. It's important to know how our customers feel. Wo... read more »

Melbourne,Victoria.

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Can live without this.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I found guys v.friendly & thorough in explaining what they needed to do re switcboard & Powerbox,But upon receiving quote,found it very exorbitant,& got two further Quotes,which were less than quarter of service todays quote.

February 8th 2018 Update: Electrical Rewiring/updating switchboard.Quote $7000+ other electricians quoted $1,300 and 880.big

Would be very wary & please get a second or third quote.Also found other sparkles were not surprised at this,as some people have fallen for it & been too late for second quote as already paid part dep.Oh dear.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Joanne,

I'm sorry you feel you have been over quoted. I have been unable to locate you in our system, could you please provide me with a job number, so I can give you a call to discuss your review.

Job. No. 256621

Please ring,I would very much like to know how you came by this massive difference in your quote,versus other quotes. Sincerely Joan.

Biggest rip off in Sydney!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Asked them to find the leak, they said i needed new piping this was going to cost 5k plus.

Thought ill get a second opinion and ended up just being a washer!!

Can't trust his company.

My friend had issues with his mob as well they said they fixed a shower issue only to fill the problem with silicon 3 weeks later water ended up in the walls causing mould.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Evening Officeoffairtrading's, Thank you so much for the time you've taken to advise us of your experience. This is extremely important to Service Today. It's important to know how our custom... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

All these companies rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I know someone who used them and these bigger companies charge more cause
- They have marketing,building and admin staff to pay hence higher charges
- Depend on people who have no idea about plumbing or electrical work etc etc and desperate.

Simple solution - use websites like hipages.com.au and you get 3 quotes from Local qualified, licensed and insured tradesman who don't have all the overhead nonsense of these companies. Just do a bit of research and use independent trad-dies - steer clear of the big mobs. if you have to live without water for a day or so get over it precious and save the dollars

case in point

Quote from them Service today to replace a hot water system - $3600 (after 49 dollar call out)
Quote from local tradesman $1450 via hipages.com.au identical Rheem gas unit- took him 1 hour to install

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Evening Davoboy Thank you so much for the time you've taken to advise us of your experience. This is extremely important to Service Today. It's important to know how our customers feel. Wou... read more »

Prompt and efficient 256697

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Had Stephen for plumbing today. Was knowledgeable friendly prompt and efficient . Will use your other services at later date.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your great review, I have passed on your great feedback to Management to ensure our staff members get the recognition that they deserve.

Skye.

• 1 comment

good job well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

MARIA.in reference to j/no.on 16/01/18.I would like to thank the 2 guys who came to my home.good job,well done.Cannot remember their names.regards colin

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Colin, Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review, I am pleased to hear that Service Today was able to help you in your time of need, could you please provide a job number... read more »

Hi Skye,j/no. was 255851

Service Today Official

I have passed on your feedback to Management to ensure our Electrician gets the recognition that he deserve.

Disgraceful company absolutely ripped my mother off who is 94

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Overcharged $1200 to replace taps in shower and sink. $1100 to clean dust from air conditioning unit. Do not employ this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Slug, Thank you for taking the time to share your Mother's experience with us. It is critical that each and every one of our customers has a positive outcome. I'm sorry to hear that y... read more »

Adelaide

$250 to reset a breaker

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Friend of mine was assured $49 for call out. Guy was there for 5 minute and found a breaker had tripped. Reset it. Later she was bill $250. Wouldnt recommend Service Today. Too expensive for tripped breaker.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Craig Thank you for taking the time to share your friends experience with us. It is critical that each and every one of our customers has a positive outcome. I'm sorry to hear that yo... read more »

Sydney

Beware: over-charging

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

[Job 256093].. We were just charged $1000 for 2 guys to replace a rusty downpipe with PVC tubing, taking less than an hour. When given the quote I queried why so expensive, the answer I got was that “this isn’t a straightforward job” – which, in turns out, it very clearly was. Also charged $480 for changing the washers on our bathroom taps and shower – which took about half an hour. Complete rip-off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me this morning, Your feedback is very important to Service Today, and I appreciate the time you spent discussing your experience with Service Today.

Verified Customer

Rip off merchant

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

Beware expensive rip off wrong diagnosis $340.00 would not refund. [name removed] customer happiness specialist with an aggressive, condescending manner job 254943 would not refund because I did not give them a chance to fix it. They wanted another $410.00. quote for a new unit was over $1000 more expensive. Never again

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Connie,

I work within the same team as our customer happiness specialist, and I apologise you feel that way. We are the under the impression that the issue was resolved.

Cost $569 for 45 minutes work and nothing fixed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

This plumber was friendly, but expressed absolutely no flexibility on the prepaid $569 for nothing done, which he said was simply "bad luck". The job was necessary, and for a fix, I was happy to go ahead and pay a premium price. However, for no result, $569 is in my view, quite a high fee for any service. For the $569 paid, we received a diagnosis that the blockage we called to fix was in the main sewer outside our property, and would should call Yarra Valley Water to get it fixed.

The call for arranging prepayment was at (3.21pm) to the call explaining the fa diagnosis that there was nothing to fix was at (3.52pm). So for no result, this firm has been happy to charge almost $20 per minute.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Alfred, I have tried to call this this afternoon regarding your experience with Service Today, Unfortunately I was unable to reach you, If you could either reply with a more suita... read more »

Service Today Official

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me this afternoon Alfred, I appreciate the time you spent discussing your experience with Service Today.

Verified Customer

Good Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Thank you for the service.
It was easy to book, technician arrived on time, fixed all the issues and price is reasonable.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review, I am pleased to hear that Service Today was able to help you in your time of need, could you please provide a job numb... read more »

brilliant service by Josh!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

I contacted Service Today this morning in desperate need of air con help for all the units in our business. They fitted us in immediately, and Josh arrived to get things sorted out. He explained what he was going to do, and what would happen next. After investigating the issues, he identified the problems and ran through the report with me and the quote for the work to fix the units and advised when the job could be done. Josh was thorough, really obliging, and communicated really well so I could understand the issue and the work to be done. Absolutely recommend! Fantastic experience.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Vanessa, Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review, I am pleased to hear that Service Today was able to help you in your time of need, could you please provide a job nu... read more »

Adelaide

Nightmare Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

This company couldn’t actually fix the problem after three visits and gave us incorrect advice. Initial aircon technician charged $500 to fix a leak and re-gas, after which the problem kept occurring. Had a second technician out, who claimed it was either a fan motor or similar, which would cost $1900, then claimed he had ordered the part from interstate ready for next week and took a $350 deposit. Called the following week, only to be told the part was never ordered by the technician and I was asked to pay an extra $500 to have the part flown in time for an open inspection we had scheduled. Booked the job for two days later (so much for the name Service Today!), then the job was postponed, then attempted to postpone again, until I demanded the work be completed. The technician returned a third time with the part, then claimed it wasn’t the fan at all and added extra coolant, as apparently the first technician hadn’t added enough (the one we paid $500 for!). The unit is still not functioning well, and we insisted it wasn’t fixed, but the technician told us it was all we could expect and left. Will be following up with Consumer Affairs.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Carol Thank you so much for the time you've taken to advise us of your experience. This is extremely important to Service Today. It's important to know how our customers feel. Your fe... read more »

daily deals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Just a quick note to say many thanks to Mae L for the very prompt and excellent service today - managed to sort out our little problem very efficiently and the personal touch was also greatly appreciated - well done

Horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

The customer service on Saturday is sooooo bad, she has the worst attitude and changes her call out fee quote in just few minutes time. I asked her name or staff number and she just hang up on me. Sooo rude. Worst experience ever!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Kristy, We really appreciate the time you've taken to air your feelings. This is extremely important to Service Today. I'm sorry that you had a terrible experience while trying to boo... read more »

Satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I have used Service Today plumbers for various jobs on my investment property, including fitting kitchen taps and clearing blocked drains. Their response to my calls have always been prompt and they have communicated well to me regarding any additional work that needs done, and the projected cost. I won't hesitate to use them again. Rob N, Happy Valley, SA

Comments
Service Today Official

Thank you for posting your great Review Rolena57, Your positive review has made our day here at Service Today. We are pleased to hear that our technicians did a great job and explained everything... read more »

• 1 comment

100% scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Quoted 3500bux for replace a compressor for my 1.5kw system, then 950 for reclaim all of R134 from the system. The guy they sent here doesn’t even have a refrig tech licence, he was just a plumber. Worst experience and reported to VBA & refrigeration council.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Evening John, We really appreciate the time you've taken to air your feelings. This is extremely important to Service Today. It's important to know how our customers feel. Would you be able ... read more »

no job number no licence no nothing. when I was asking for his name and plumber license number, he just ran away with his tool bag.

Hi John,

If you can provide a job number, I can have a look into the job for you and give you a call,

1 of 85 pages