What a rip off !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

One hour labour to unblock storm water drain. Not done. $477.
Plumber tried to convince me to replace the gutters and down pipes, before finding the blockage.

$509 to replace a tap? You've got to be joking, right? No, apparently not.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I would not touch this organisation with a six-foot pole. They are a scam organisation masquerading as a service. My mother in law was charged $509 to replace a mixer tap. No receipt given. No indication of the brand of mixer tap used. No indication of any warranty. She is 92 years old, and virtually deaf. If the plumber had said two thousand dollars she probably would have nodded and said yes.

Kirrawee

Plumbing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Quick efficient friendly and they CLEANED UP after themselves! Very nice and friendly guys, explained everything and showed us what they were doing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Our serviceman was extremely prompt and called before he came. So very polite and worked quickly unfortunately our problem was to big to fix on the day . He cleaned up after himself and then sent a quote thru to me within 10 mins of leaving, great job.

Excellent work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

The young guys were very good, informative,polite and very helpful, I will definitely use this service again, job well done

Quick, efficient and friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Young Chad responded to a call to repair a waterpipe I had drilled through! Chad was polite and efficient. With no fuss the job was done. I think Service Today is a very professional organisation.

Don’t tell you about hidden charges and overpricing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Spoke to the woman on the phone and explained I needed some flashing repaired and guttering resealed. She stated a 49 dollar fee. No issue. Plumber comes out and wants a roof leak inspection fee, a getting on the ladder roof inspection fee and a report fee as well as the 49 dollars all for the princely sum of almost 500 dollars! When I disagree and tell him to forget it he states it would be about a four to five thousand dollar job. These people are a rip off so beware. I may still try to get my 49 dollars back due to the dishonesty and leaving out all the rest of the fees. Keep your money in your pockets and shop around.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Frank, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during our recent visit. If you would like to discuss your exp... read more »

Verified Customer

Great plumber. Good communication. Pity he was late & the quote expensive

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Alastair was polite, knowledgeable, well presented & gave me broad advice narrowing to specific advice. He’s communication skills were exceptional. He performed the work agreed with efficiency.

Unfortunately I had a 12-4pm time window allocated to me for attendance. He called at 3:42pm to let me know he was 30 minutes away so I’d been ready for over 4hrs to be home. Alastair did an excellent communicating my options to me. However, the quotes seemed very expensive- a replacement hotwater service was $2500. The unit could be purchased at Bunnings or a plumbing outlet for $1000. I don’t think the labour would have been valued at $1500.

Instead I opted for servicing my existing equipment & will make alternate arrangements when I need a full replacement.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Tara, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am glad to hear that Alistair was polite, well presented and worked efficiently. I am sorry to hear that he did arrive ou... read more »

So helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Would recommend your service to anyone for promptness and ability to make me understand the problem I had and advice on how to rectify it. Thank you.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Liz,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am glad to hear that our technicians provided you with prompt service. Can I please get a job number so I can pass on your feedback to Management. Kind Regards, Skye

Excellent workmanship

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Excellent service and workmanship. Great if can reduce the cost bit more. Got a discount wonder price can reduced further.
Cheers

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Hitheshi

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am glad to hear that our technicians provided you with excellent service. Can I please get a job number so I can pass on your feedback to Management.

Kind Regards,

Skye

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Prompt, polite, efficient and helpful. Will definitely use again if/when I need an electrician. Thankyou very much! Job number 267741.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Alex, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased to hear that our electrician was prompt polite and efficient. I have passed on your feedback to Management to ... read more »

Bonbeach

• 1 comment
Private message

Excellent service at a price!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Service today were great to deal with and the plumber, Rick, was very professional and courteous. He was punctual, polite and pleasant. He gave us very helpful information and outlined the costs clearly. We were quite taken aback by the cost of replacing one mixer tap - $504 - but he explained the benefits involved. We just wanted to get the job done so we agreed to the price. It is unfortunately the case that to get reliable and trustworthy service people, you seem to have to pay a lot more!

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Jules, Thank you taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased to hear that Rick was professional and courteous. Jules may I please ask for as job number so I can pass your fee... read more »

Hi Skye,

Sorry, I thought it would come up automatically. The job no: was 268948, booked by my husband, David Hill.

Regards,

Jules

Great Service - Job Number: 266346

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Professional job completed in good time. After the job was complete, they cleaned up and again checked all was in order. Very happy.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Gary, Thank you for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. I am pleased to hear our technicians did a great job, and cleaned up after themselves!! I have passed on your feedba... read more »

• 1 comment

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

The technician turned up on time and proficiently carried out the work I required, excellent service. A true pleasure when you take time off work to be home and the tradesman turn up on time and professionally carry out the work you require.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Rod, Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear that we not only turned up on time but that the work was carried out professionally. Rod, could I please ask for the job nu... read more »

JN/269009

Good Morning Rod,

Thank you for providing your job number, I have passed on your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Skye

Excellent same day service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Excellent - It's very important for customers to be able to get the job done, especially for the elderly who worry about nothing..Would definately recommend to others. love your add in the Yellow Pages. Sugestione -Maybee just work on price, if you keep the price down! down!. We will definately use you again. David the Electrician was very nice guy. Job #268931.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Oriana, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased to hear that we were able to put your mind at ease, and provide you with 5 star service. I have passed on your... read more »

Excellent service - again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Excellent service as usual - professional & polite tradies that show up on time, stay on budget, & solve the problem. I love that we get offered all our options & full price details so we can make an informed decision. Very happy customers! Job #268830

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning GJ and RKT Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. I am pleased to hear that we provided you with 5 star service, and that our technicians arrived on time and prov... read more »

Job well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Job 268919. I was very happy with the service. The technician arrived when he said he would, and was polite, professional and very helpful. A job well done!

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Ali, Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased that you are very happy with the service that we have provided for you, and we were able to get your electrical issue sorted out fo... read more »

• 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Job 268207 - excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

New air conditioner, rewired smoke alarms, and replaced old air vents. All work completed to our satisfaction. Friendly and efficient tradesman.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Katrmita, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am glad to hear that work was completed to your satisfaction, and that we provided you with 5 star service. I have pass... read more »

Prompt, clean & professional service. (#268525)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

A bit of rain over the weekend pointed out a blockage in the drainage system. The pipe that drains half of the property produced a trickle at the street outlet. Called SERVICE TODAY (SA) PTY LTD Plumbing · Electrical · Heating/Cooling & more. Tel: 1300 725 760, late night to clean the drain.
Got 7:00 - 7:30 appointment, visual inspection shown a broken inspection point that needed replacement. Detailed price offer prepared by the technician, on tablet, within minutes. Accepted, paid a deposit. Two chaps called soon after and advised arrival time, extracted 3.5 m long matted hair roots, replaced the inspection point. The job was completed at 11:45 in a wet day - the concrete path has been patched on the next sunny day.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Stan, Thank you for taking the time to leave your 5 star review, I am pleased to hear that we were able to help you in your time of need, and that our plumbers were able to get your p... read more »

South morang

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Highly overpriced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Quoted me more than double what a dozen other companies did to install 2 fans. Didn't include the $50 discount and charged for the quote which no one else did.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Maree Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I'm sorry to hear that you find our pricing expensive. I would like to discuss your experience further, could you please con... read more »

1 of 98 pages