Great service, but expensive.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

If you are in no rush, I urge you to shop around. Price aside, I was very happy with my overall experience.
Our ducted air-conditioner broke down between Christmas and New Year. They were able to get a technician out the next working day to diagnose a few different problems (expected as the system was a cheap brand and 15yrs old).
We decided to go for a brand new system, which they were able to supply install 7 days later.
The technicians were friendly and happy to explain what they were doing, and left no mess.
My only gripe was the price. Service Today was 10% more expensive than other competitors, but we were happy to pay the premium to have a working A/C again ASAP in Adelaide summer than wait another 2 weeks for quotes from different companies and installation.
(Job #308810)

Job no. 310909 Excellent service thank you

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

We were extremely happy with the excellent service provided to us by the pleasant and most helpful electrical technician who provided a very knowledgeable and detailed explanation of what the job would entail. The job was very professionally done and we would like to thank him and his co worker again for a job well done.

Verified Customer

Exorbitant Cost, sub standard quality of workmanship and NO after sales service in an emergency - on

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Our new water heater was installed two weeks ago (not on a public holiday). Today the connection to the heater 'exploded' with rubber casing on pipe blown off! With hot water gushing out of the heater and unsure how to turn off the gas, we phoned the contact number for Service Today - the earliest they could call out was Monday (no guarantee). At our expense we have had to engage another plumber who has advised the installation is below standard. He has also advised he could have installed the same heater for over $1000 less!!!!!
Company advertises service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - this is completely untrue!
Please shop around and exercise extreme caution when using this company.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Des, I have located your account in our system and can see there is already an active inquiry being looked into. My customer service manager will call you in the next 24-48 hours... read more »

Greenvale

• 1 review
  • 5 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Tiles in bathroom

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I have has enough of Service Today for the last two years nothing but trouble good money paid in thousands for bathroom's and still having trouble. mortar between tiles all cracked and coming out and now I find the tiles on the floor are moving. Please nobody give this company your good earn't money as I did and have had no pleasure to enjoy. And very much overcharged.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Lynette, We do appreciate the time you have taken to air your feelings. I have located your details in our system. My customer liaison officer will contact you within the next 24... read more »

Great Service - But too Expensive!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Appointment was prompt, guys that turned up were great, but $590 to install one supplied easy access ceiling fan was excessive!!

Comments
Service Today Official

Hi Ross, I am pleased to hear you were happy with our services. I'm sorry you feel that our pricing may be excessive. I am unable to locate you in our system, could you please provide a job num... read more »

Professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Job number: 309584 The lads were about an hour late, but when they did get here, they were straight on the job and they finished early, in spite of arriving late. They were very professional and easy to deal with. They cleaned up after themselves, they explained what they were doing and what they had done. They answered all of my questions and they were professional at all times. The sparky was training the apprentice and he did that in a caring and supportive way. The apprentice was a fine young lad who was obviously appreciating the training he was getting and his installation of a smoke alarm was good. I'll be getting the exhaust fan replaced in the kitchen next, so look forward to further good service.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your great review! I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our services. I have passed on your feedback to management to ensure our technician to receive the... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Service Tomorrow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I called up to book a job in for a service at 11am yesturday. I was told no worries we will have someone there today. All good. 5 mins later recieve call back, sorry we cant come today will have to be tomorrow. Yeh ok fine. Tomorrow comes, plumber comes out and says i need to pay call out fee. I explained to him that on there website it states same day service or the call out fee is waived. Straight out, pretty staright foward though I paid the fee.

I then called the office explaining this and they basically told me you need to mention the website before you call otherwise it doesnt apply. Now if you read your own terms and conditions Service Today you will see that it clearly doesnt state those conditions and the fact that you dont want to repay my money and mislead customers while promoting fake advertising, i have changed my mind and will no longer move foward with your company. In saying that, i will not recommended Service Today to anyone moving foward.

Kinds Regards
Fake advertising.

Comments

Spoke to Hussna. She explained to me that new management had taken over and was happy to refund the money owing to me. Received as promised.

Big thanks to Wally

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Job no :310523 The husband rang 2 pm service technican at the door 3.30pm.Thank you Wally what a gentlman, he was very professional, very polite & explained everything about the job. Thank you very much we will definitely be recommending service today to our friends & family if there is bonus Wally is my vote

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Buddy

Thank you for your kind feedback. I have passed it onto all the technician and his State Manager

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

We had our air con fixed today the 2 guys that came out were very friendly and very efficient . Job no 407307

Comments
Service Today Official

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have passed it onto all the servicemen and their State Manager.

#309546 Mains Power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Really happy with the fast response, turn around response, ongoing communication, quality of service and professional mannerism from Tradies on the job.

Comments
Service Today Official

Hi Jodie,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have passed it onto all the servicemen and their State Manager.

Kind Regards,

Unblock drains

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Job No. 309954.
Arrived on time and found problem straight away. Removed problem tree roots in pipes whilst showing us on the camera. Gave suggestions to further alleviate more blockages arranging for quote to be emailed to us for work to be done in the future. very efficient.

Comments
Service Today Official

Thanks so much for your feedback Jann. I am pleased to hear you have been happy with the service you received.

I will pass it onto Scott the plumber.

Joanne

Very good service by Wally. Problem fixed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Service was great. Wally was friendly and straight forward. Solved problem and made suggestions to prevent problem from happening again. Cheers.

Comments
Service Today Official

Thanks for provided your feedback about the service you received earlier today.

I will pass it directly onto Wally.

Regards,

Job well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Friendly and fast workers,done the job 100% without any problems..highly recommended and definitely will call you and deal with the company again

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Morning Arnie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review!

I am unable to locate you in our system, could you please provide a job number to ensure our technicians do get the recognition they deserve?

Warm Regards

Too expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

The technician was very professional however for 45 minutes diagnosis, our invoice was $422 with a recommendation of $7500 work to be done.
$422 wasn't given at the time of inspection. Came as a shock to us that for 45mins of plumber's time is $400.
This was with pensioner discount.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Clayton, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am sorry to hear that you found our pricing expensive and have not had a great experience. I am unable to locate yo... read more »

What do you do?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Rated on response to telephone enquiry. Asked to temporarily repair a box gutter and quote on a replacement got the telephone response 'unfortunately that is not something we are able to do'. ??

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Ross,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologise but I would like to discuss this further with you to confirm further information. Could you please contact our office on 1300 725 760.

Verified Customer

Great job! - well done, couldn't ask for better service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

Our roof sprang a leak, and we got very prompt & efficient service, including fixing a gas leak (that we didn't know was leaking!), and we are very happy with all the work done, and would recommend them to anyone else.

Comments
Service Today Official

quick, professional and clean up after themselves

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

job #306901 - Charlie and Riley installed my air conditioning unit. They were on time, professional and extremely quick considering the scope of the work, without rushing in getting the job done. I have had quite a bit of work done with Service Today in the past, electrical, plumbing, and have had no difficulty in recommending them to others. Always polite and clean up after themselves and when they say they will be coming, they turn up. I was very happy with the job done.

Comments
Service Today Official

Hi there, Thank you for your great review! I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our services. I have passed on your feedback to management to ensure our technician to receive the recog... read more »

Good service experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

job number #308939
Ivan came right on time and performed the job well. I have no complaints - only praise.
Based on my experience I would recommend Service Today to others.

Comments
Service Today Official

Good Afternoon Bob, Thank you for leaving such a great review! I am pleased to hear Ivan was able to assist you. I have passed on your feedback to ensure that the technician does get the recogn... read more »

Successful Re Call

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

Re job number 308349 Had some service work done in November I was not entirely happy with the units performance after the service I rang Service Today to ask for a tech to call out and re check unit To my very pleasant surprise they came out at found the problem fixed it and all at no charge The tech was very thorough had good knowledge and genuinely wanted to make sure unit was right and I was happy Very rare to get such service these days A very well done particularly to the on site atech

Comments
Service Today Official

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased we could come out and fix your problem for you. I will pass the feedback directly onto Carl.

Regards,

Outstanding Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

Jack from Service Today did an outstanding job of fixing the leaking toilet, and even cleaned up the mess at the end. Very happy.

1 of 128 pages