MELBOURNE

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

I will try to keep this Short and Factual though it dragged on for 5 Months (so short is difficult)!!
Tradie work utility, damaged and undriveable left with Sheen (Tullamarine) after accident, we removed approx 1/3 of Tradie tools (all we could fit in our other car) from tubs on the back of the ute the evening of the accident, After accepting and paying a hefty 50% deposit on a somewhat inflated* quote (*since quoted around 20% less based on photos and inspections) Why? - Because we believed these people were trustworthy (you live and learn) and quoted a two week repair time. On questioning the evening of drop off we were told that all their customer vehicles were kept inside their premises for security (which Sheen disputes) so we felt that the remaining tools were safe and did not return to pick them up. A week later we were informed in a long and round about way that the remaining tools had been stolen (some $8.5k worth - Yes it was silly to place trust in people we did not really know). Story turns out or as told to us, ours and several other vehicles were apparently left out on the street/front apron with absolutely no security or CCTV ( a clever move in an otherwise deserted industrial area).
We prompted Sheen to lodge a police report and advise their insurer as the vehicle was under their "Duty of Care", none of which appears to have occurred (again disputed but unverified by them) and as we later learnt hoping somehow to try and catch us out. Eventually they left it to us to file a theft report some week later (which we did immediately). Worse yet it became apparent that Sheen believed we were to blame, invented a story or stole the tools ourselves, all without any proof or evidence, just a suspicion. Whilst never taking the stance that the theft could have just as easily been an inside job, it does in our opinion remain an open question in hindsight. All in all, rather poor customer service skills to immediately blame your client for risks you have taken and ultimately failed with and then to be labelled a thief into the bargain. At this point their attitude and service became somewhat appalling, refusing to believe anything we might say or to remedy the situation they created and accept no responsibility for. In the end it took over 3.5 months to get our vehicle back (they even requested more money over their fixed price quote) and then they finally contacted their insurance who then dragged it out for another 6 weeks with both parties (Insurer and Sheen) contradicting who contacted whom when?
Also sought to have the damaged tubs repaired and was told in no uncertain terms that they had already paid out a large excess and would not come to the party for any further costs (considering they were damaged under their care - go figure). Ended up with a depreciation amount applied to the tools and so felt royally dudded by the entire process and the Sheen association once again.
In wrap up - Your repair may be adequate with this company but in my opinion the ethics and morality of this business is very much in question and I would seriously consider the possible ramifications before placing your vehicle in their care. They clearly don't mind taking risks with customer cars (like they did ours) and based on our experience certainly won't fix anything untoward which may happen beyond your original repair even though they may be directly or indirectly at fault.
PS Sheen would no doubt dispute this assessment (as you would expect) but it is factual and most importantly verifiable (would we bother to review in this manner if Sheen's assessment was correct - I doubt it).
Good luck with whichever repairer you go with - but Choose Wisely and Carefully!!!

Best Service Ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

My vehicle was repaired at Sheen Panel service Eltham and thanks to Charles Camilleri, and staff, not only am I happy with the repairs, but the excellent service was way above anything I expected. I was given a very clean and comfortable loan vehicle which saved me from having driving hassles whilst my car was in the repair shop and I was informed of a stage by stage updates of the repairs. I was amazed at the end result and would highly recommend this panel shop to anyone having to need a smash repair of any kind.
Thank you all for the excellent customer service from start to finish.

MX5 Renewed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Just picked up our 1990 MX5 from Sheen's Ocean Grove. Staff were first class as was the work carried out on the car. Looks just like new again, and we are looking forward to more fun in the sun. Highly recommend this firm for any painting requirements.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

Sheen Panel Service Ferntree Gully were fantastic from start to finish, from loan car ,to updates and then the final result, thank you for an amazing job on my car, would be happy to recommend you guys to anybody.

Verified Customer

Excellent service; very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Sheen Panel Service Ferntree Gully was recommended to me by the staff at Ferntree Gully Suzuki when I consulted with them about damage sustained by my car whilst parked, and I am so grateful and lucky to have followed their referral. They took care of me from the minute I stepped inside their reception and were very patient with my zero knowledge about cars, repairs, and insurance in general. They sorted everything out for me, they made the process feel so easy and tidy; next thing I know I was driving a brand-new replacement car, and while I missed my own car I just felt safe and secure and trusted it would be in good hands. A week later I collected my good-as-new car; the staff very patiently explained what they had done to it but all I could think of was that it felt like I was reliving the moment I had just bought it; no trace of the damage was left. I am so grateful to the team over at Ferntree Gully, this was a very positive and stress-free experience for me considering it was my first time to ever have to put my car in for repairs. Wish them all the success and will definitely be recommending this service to everyone I know, and should my car ever need to be repaired again I know exactly where to go. Not very often I feel the need to write a review but this is just one way to repay them for the kind service they did for me and my car. Thanks for the awesome work from one happy and very satisfied customer! All the best!

Instant service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Immediate service! Called in to check on a panel adjustment and was amazed that they did it on the spot so professionally and had me on my way. Very impressed. Harry of Hawthorn

Great customer service took care of everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

Sheen hoppers are wonderful highly recommended took care of everything leaving me stress free
Very happy customer thanks sheen hoppers

Fast and awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Thanks for return my car within one day .very nice and helpful staff , I told him about my uber job so return my car so quickly after accident .thanks

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

I took my car to sheen panels in Frankston as a result of an accident in a car park caused by another driver. Contrary to their claim that they would go in to bat for people who were not at fault, they have been less than helpful and non communicative.
Thanks for nothing Sheen panels Frankston.

exellent costumer services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

It was the first time I dropped the car at Sheen's and I'm so glad I did. I have been in prestige car repairs shops but the attention and the understanding is not close to the services I had at Sheen's. Everything was organized easily and nothing looked to be to much. All the staff I dealt with were very professional and make it easy.I will defen itly recommended.

Croydon, Simon and the Team. Nothing short of outstanding both customer service and repairs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I was recommended Sheens at Croydon (Simon), I'm insured with RACV and if the unfortunate happens, Simon at Croydon will have the work allocated to him and his team. The finish work speaks volumes for itself, first class from start to finish and going the extra distance is no issue for this profession team. I cannot recommend highly enough Sheens at Croydon (Simon and the team). Before making contact with Simon previous panel shops I have dealt with work on volume not quality, hence I will not go anywhere else. Well done to the team for your service, advice and of course the professional work carried out on both my vehicles. Cheers Mike

SheenGroup. HoppersCrossing Great Job!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

I had a problem with my rear bumper, auto-power window and sensor. Jarryd did a thorough checking and problem analysis of my car. And then gave possible solution options and let me decide. I must say I was impressed! Unlike the one I first visited, just dictating me.

And today, when he did the work, I am very happy. Keep up the great work!!! :-)

service above and beyond

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Simon is the most obliging and friendly person to deal with and nothing is too much trouble. We're visiting from Tasmania, were in a jam and he couldn't do enough for us. Good old fashioned customer relations.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage ..

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I'd highly recommend Sheen panel repairs to anyone . They are professional and courteous and go above and beyond their duty of care for the customer. Thumbs up to you at the reservoir branch for fixing my Mitsubishi Mirage.! Its good as new. Thanks to the team.

toyota prado

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Could not be happier, loan car, job completed before time, they dealt with the insurance company. Would use again but hopefully not. Insurance company's driver who caused the damage said I had to use their panel beater. (Coles Insurance). Not so and Sheens organised

Sheeen - toooronga

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

last week I had a leak in my boot (Suzuki swift) , and thought I would just see what's caused the issue... I had a lovely member from there team come out and have a look and fixed my issue after a 20 min fix with no charge. very helpful and sent me on my way. :)

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

A new standard in Panel Beating Services.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Having a damaged car is not a pleasant experience for anybody, let alone who you can trust to repair your vehicle. After numerous quotations from various panel beaters, I chose to have my car repaired at Sheen Group at Hoppers Crossing. Jarryd, the manager inspected my vehicle and gave me a very reasonable quote. I was totally surprised & amazed at the level of customer service I received from communication to having my repaired vehicle dropped off at my home, fully detailed as well. The repair to my vehicle was of 'as new' standard. My experience with Sheen Group was extremely positive.

Excellent service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Sheen Tooronga. They had a fast turn around, great free hire car, excess discount and lovey helpful staff

Very impressed by Sheen campbellfeild

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

i have had an excellent experience with sheen campbellfeild Andrew and his co worker were very helpful and friendly from the moment I got in touch with them. I highly recommend sheen campbellfeild

Awesome! Friendly helpful and stress free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Very helpful. Took all the details and handled everything for me. Good loan car. Job was done well and car was clean and looked shmicko!

1 of 5 pages