A good pram but just not suited to my lifestyle.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

This pram is quite good quality. It's very smooth when going through shopping centres. Not so great when it gets to bumping grass. Or when i go over uneven concrete, my poor little one gets bit of a jolt as it wont go over certain roughness.
Very easy to fold up and down. It's a bit bulky tho! I have only a little 2011 Ford Focus and it takes up my whole boot space! Unfortunately, being new to all this, i never considered the fold down space certain prams need.
Other thing is that the seat can't lie completely flat - it has a set seating bucket so you are unable to change the babies nappy in the pram. Which is really unfortunate because i suspect we have all been there when there is no change table about and the little one has crapped himself! Such a nightmare. I look at other mum's with jealousy when i see that they can lie their little ones completely flat in their prams.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Easy to assemble, has all features needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

This is a full feature pram that is easy to assemble, easy to use, and easy to fold/carry. Very lightweight and absolutely premium build quality. I've used crappy strollers in the past and this is like upgrading from a 1991 Corolla to a late model BMW. A bit pricey but you should be able to pick it up at a decent price during sales.

• 4 answers

Beautifully designed pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

We made the all difficult pram purchase decision for our first baby and decided on the Silver Cross Pioneer pram. We are so happy with the choice. They are on the expensive side but they are worth it. The fabric and finishes are a nice touch. I feel quite posh pushing it around! They drive wonderfully, brakes are easy to pop on and off. It is easy to fold up and and fold down. It is a larger type pram so smaller car boots may have all the room taken by the pram but apart from that I would recommend to any potential parents.

Adelaide

Good pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

I like my silver cross pioneer. I was hesitating between the bugaboo chameleon and silver cross pioneer, read a lot about both but still couldn't decide so I went to baby bunting to have a look at both and compare so I found silver cross much lighter and easier to use, also my husband liked the look of silver cross which is more classic.

SYDNEY CBD

OK PRAM

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Maneuvering is easy, looks classy and beautiful fairly simple to fold open and close but negative bit is that the seat can not be folded as in City Lux. The quality is great and we have not had a problem with pram. The only realy negative bit is that it is extremely heavy compared to many prams .

Not good outside a mall

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Looks pretty and very plish however, took on footpath and it has zero suspension and catches in every bump. We ended up returning because of this reason. Was a bit disappointed by that because looks like such a lovely pram but I donalot of walking and it just was not practical.

Good pram although disappointed when “off road”

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

We bought this pram for our first born in limited edition Expedition. We changed our mind from Bugaboo which we had on lay-by at the last hour as we fell in love with the design and apholstry. It looks beautiful and up market style. It drives beautifully smoothly on a finished surface ie indoors or on concrete path. & is able to turn in a tight circle. Hwever I am disappointed in the way it handles when the path is not smooth or over grass etc. The front wheels have a tenancy to lock then turn at the slightest piece of debris such as a rock or tree root. This is very frustrating. There is a feature to lock the front wheels so they don’t turn to avoid this however then you can only walk in straight line. Over grass the handling seems a little bumpy also. Folding / unfolding is relatively easy so long as you are aware of the latch to unlock on side to unfold. The first time we went to use it on way from hospital we couldn’t find the latch and had great problem setting it up.
Another drawback is it does take up quite a lot of space when folded but I guess that would be same for any larger style pram.
Overall it is a nice pram just dissapointed in its handling off road.

Purchased at: Baby Kingdom

Gorgeous quality pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

I had a Pioneer Eton grey limited edition and only got rid of it as I upgraded to a double pram.

I loved the silver cross. It was beautiful and easy to use. I loved the big shopping basket and found it quite light and easy to load into the car.

I miss it so much and kind of wish I could get it back lol

Never had a problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

We brought the silver cross pioneer when i had my daughter in 2014 it was easy to maneuver, it was light and smooth to push. I found it quick and easy to put down an put up. The frane was strong and sturdy i still have it now the only annoying thing is that the cover on the handle peeled of easy.

Purchased at: Banana Baby

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase

I'm happy with our decision to buy this pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I love the huge basket, and the fact that a bassinet is included in the price. I love the colours (we got red) and I love that you can set it up parent facing. The hood is pretty good and has a peep flap if you have baby forward facing. Maneuvering is pretty good, I'm just a bit clumsy bumping into things. It's easy to fold up and down, and the handle height is adjustable. It's a gorgeous pram with great wheels.
The frame is fairly bulky though and takes up all of my sedans boot, and I personally struggle to carry it through the garage to the boot, it's awkward to hold. Even though the pram has good suspension I still don't like how shaky it is going off road.

Purchased at: Bubs n Grubs

DANDENONG

• 9 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Not worth it for 1500

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

I don't know why I bought Silvercross. Maybe because they were on sale and a lot of people are looking on their products when we went to expo to look for prams. At first i like it even if it is heavy because they are easy to fold. But they are not easy to maneuver sometimes and the seatbelts arent easy to adjust. The brace infront are too thick and not easy to hook the toy. I should really follow my vibes to buy the redsbaby instead. Overall, they are just basic pram.

Sydney

Disappointed with functionality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I have the limited edition Henley. It looks gorgeous but lacks practicality. I have a Q5 and it doesn't fit in my boot so the bassinet has to go in the backseat which means we cannot dit in tje back. Don't know what we will do when baby 2 comes. Difficult to access storage basket and sometimes have to take the bassinet off to access nappg bag in basket. For an expensive pram the handle is flimsy and you cannot apply pressure to get it over a bump as it feels like it will snap. Front wheel has also started collapsing after 5 weeks of very irregular use. Canapy on bassinet does not old over enough for good sun protection.
10/10 for appearance but 2/10 for usability.

Really disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Really unhappy with this pram. I have the pioneer version. Can't fit anything underneath with bassinet on and can't put things on the handle as per instruction manual. Very flimsy and front wheels are not sturdy at all they bend over as soon as it hits a stick/stone had one occasion the wheel bent over coming off the escalator it is currently being sent back to the manufacturer. The hood doesn't go down very far so makes it hard to put bub to sleep. The seat i found the straps hard to use and not comfortable for a 4 month old baby even with a pram liner. I'm really gutted as they are a bit pricey so i will be definitely asking for my money back.

Good sturdy pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I find this pram really easy to manoeuvre, I have the special edition and I love the look of it as well! Easy to collapse and take apart. It is a bit heavy, that would be my only drawback, but glides very smoothly. I love this pram, definitely recommend it!

Love this pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I have been using the pioneer for 4 months now, i love how comfy the bassinet and seat are. It is super easy to maneuver, even one handed. I had a c-section and still found it easy to get out of the car and unfold and unfold and put back again. The only negative i would have is i would prefer something that stayed together when ypu unfold, as opposed to having to take seat off the frame seperately. The quality of the pioneer is amazing and i believe it will last me a very long time.

Adelaide

Love this pram!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I go for walks almost every day with my Silver Cross Pioneer Special Edition Henley. It is easy to manoeuvre however one of the front wheels gets caught on our front door every time and also going over big bumps it gets caught as well. That’s the only issue I have found while using it.
It is easy to fold/unfold, a little bit heavy if you combine the bassinet with the frame like I have to do because my car is a bit too small to fit them in the boot separately. I love how luxurious it is with the bamboo, it is so soft! Would recommend this to anyone for casual walks and walking around shops etc, for proper excel use/running I would probably get something else.

Yanchep, WA

Private message

Good but storage space difficult to access

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Beautiful pram, I have the limited edition one in grey. Very easy to assemble however, my only criticism is that when the bassinet is on, you can not access the storage basket underneath easily. The gap is too narrow to place shopping so I find my self carrying my shopping as well as trying to push the pram.

Easy to use !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

One of the easiest and quickest pram to fold/unfold.
You just need to unlock a clip on the side to unfold it.

It is quite bulky. It takes a good half of our Toyota Corolla sedan boot. But that's by putting the carrycot on top of the frame. It can easily fill the whole boot if we put the pieces next each other.
We didn't try it in our car before buying it and we were so lucky it did fit !
I'd recommand trying to see if it fits.

So far this pram has been great and I cannot fault the quality.

It came with a free rain cover which is great too !

Brisbane

Beautiful!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

We have the special edition Eton and we love it!! Every detail is beautiful but not only does it look great it's also very versatile. I love the adjustable height handle as my husband and I are both very different heights. The ease of attaching the bassinet and seat is very simple. My son would have day naps in his bassinet and he loved it. Love the sun visor on the hood, love the large basket and love how easy it is to "drive". I believe it's well worth the extra you pay especially if you will be having more children.

Heavy Pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I am happy with the quality. It has a very big basket. folding and unfolding is pretty easy but the only problem with this pram is being so Heavy as a result carrying or lifting the pram or even pushing it with a baby age 2 or over is very difficult

1 of 4 pages