Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Two thumbs up!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Right from the start Ly Wong made everything easy for us and his knowledge & support are second to none. There was a little bit of hiccup with our build contract but when Marcus Williams took over all issues were sorted out and he was able to ensure build commenced on the promise date and up until now he’s always there to manage and provide solution with all our queries. Me and wife are very impressed with Jak Paric - our site supervisor. His service is impeccable. Prompt response and action. He explains everything to us and goes beyond to accommodate us. He updates us regualry and always come back to all our build queries. Congrats team and keep up the excellent work!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: May 2018

Very happy with the result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I would like to say that the Simonds team was a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole process. Pre sales communication was great and so too was the building process; nothing went wrong which is a credit to you and your team! Our home came in on budget without any surprises. The after sales service was great too with all post move in fix items done and completed. The final product is of a great standard and the many people that have seen it are very impressed. I definitely would recommend using Simonds Homes to friends and family!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Wonderful Journey!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Very good, workmanship was very good. There were a few problems but were seen too. All handelled very well by the supervisor Nick Moltzen who was awesome.
My final cost was less than estimated, which I was very happy about. It all went smoothly and in no time at all.
Skie in the office also was very helpful.
Well done Simmonds.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Review of the construction supervisor Shannon Tuckfield)
We have been very lucky to have Shannon as our construction supervisor! He is very approachable, fair, polite and feel for customers. Whenever we couldn’t get anyone in the office to follow up our request, variation, and other matters, he was the one that we could rely on him and ask for help. He even was replying to my emails after hours which you usually don’t expect. You can rely on him and trust him very much! He is always keeping his promises and following up your requests. We have had experience of having 3 construction supervisor because we build another house too, but he’s the best!

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Express to Success

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I would like to share that I have had an excellent building journey with Senior Sales Consultant Soney Chau having chosen an express range home.

A family friend who recommended me to Soney also had similar experience. He has since moved his family home and was super happy with the result and smooth building journey, with Soney's great assistance along the way.

Soney works very hard and with lots of patience answering all of my queries. His thorough explanations were very helpful for me to make decision. I am most impressed by Soney paying special attention on all details ensuring that my plan layout is perfect and I highly appreciate his professional work ethics. Also his architectural background really made the difference.

I will definitely recommend Soney to all my friends and anyone else looking at building their new homes.

Sincerely yours,

Lily Wang

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lily,
Thanks for sharing the feedback, it's always great to hear from those who have had a great build experience! If you can, please send through your job number and we'll ensure that Soney gets this recognition internally as well.

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2019

Great Start to the journey... Thanks to Soney

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We are building our first home in Australia with little knowledge about what and how to get a home built. I was referred to Simonds by one of my friend who is already building their house with them. With lot of excitement and doubts in plan, We met Soney, senior sales consultant, currently working at Harpley display office, he helped us to clear all the confusions and finally we decided the plan which we want to build after meeting him couple of times and throwing ‘n’ number of questions to him which he was able to answer and explain us in straight, simple and clear words and above all he is always honest with us.
When we left our first meeting with Soney, we decided one plan and after second meeting we discussed another plan but lately when we again met him, he was able to clear our confusion and doubts and we ended up with a great design that met all of our family needs. Soney devoted a lot of his time in explaining us the entire process, helped us select the correct upgrades, presented ideas for improvement in the house layout and provided a lot of knowledge around build process, I do remember when I called him at 1 PM on Monday and asked for an appointment at 4 PM same day to clear out more of our doubts, he rearranged his other appointments to make sure he can meet me for enough time to clear all my queries. Worth to mention with his extra ordinary experience in architectural and interior fields, he is able to assist us in creation more space in the house and that too without impacting the budget and without losing sense of aesthetics .
A big thanks to Soney for helping us to decide the track on which we will be building our dream house… The Beginning.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sailesh, We're pleased to hear that your experience with Simonds this far has been a positive one! We hope that you continue to receive the service and build quality you and your family deserve.... read more »

59677-job no

Wodonga

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Professional, friendly service and fantastic designs!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We found Simonds Homes consultants to be extremely professional through the process of building a home. With some great floor plans and suggestions from our sales consultant, we managed to get exactly what we wanted for our budget. We found the girls at the Simonds Gallery to be knowledgeable and full of great ideas for our new home. While building a home can be daunting, Simonds certainly eased our minds and made the process easy to understand and a positive experience. Many thanks to Heidi and Shannon at Wodonga for their attentive service and understanding of our needs!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Canowindra, Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're pleased to know that you've enjoyed a professional experience. It would be great if you could pass on your job number so that we can p... read more »

Hi Simonds.
Job 58157

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Amazing staff and house from start to finish.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

From the moment I first walked into the simonds display homes over a year ago I knew I would go with them, even though I hadn't been anywhere else yet. Customer service is a big thing for me and makes a big impact on my decisions. Corey from the display homes is Epsom was friendly and extremely helpful in making decisions.

Clare in the office was super helpful and friendly she was always there when ever I had a question, even if it was a silly question she never minded answering it.

Ryan my builder was amazing, he seemed very passionate to get the build completed but not rushing it. What stood out the most was he made sure that everything was perfect and I was happy. He even noticed that with me moving my back door that the carpet would end up getting in the way of the entrance and fixed it, I wouldn't have expected someone to do that.

We had a little hickup with my tiles, we had accidentally ordered the wrong colour but Ryan and Clare very quickly got on to it and had it fix without really affecting its completion time.

Final cost was what I was expecting, being the express build I didn't end up with adding too much extra cost in. This is a build that I recomend to a lot of people for their first build.

All in all I couldn't be happier with my new house, it is beautiful. Thank you simonds and you team.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kelly, Great to hear that you are happy with your new Simonds Home and that all team members involved were helpful especially with Ryan and Clare fixing up the small issue that you encountered... read more »

(Sales agent review) Ly Wong is a legend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

We are first-time home builders, and new to Australia. Choosing a builder was a big decision for us, but Ly Wong (Elara Marsden Park) made it an easy process. He is extremely knowledgable and attentive to our clients’ needs. I also feel he is transparent and fair, and obviously takes pride in his job and Simonds. We are only at the initial step, but it is off to a great start.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sinta, Sounds like you are on your way to having an amazing first home and we hope the rest of your journey is just as easy for you! Please don't hesitate to keep us informed as you move through... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Good ... at times

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

While it was a quick building process, we were left bitterly disappointed over the general poor communication at Simonds. This was across both the administration side and the building side, and in between. A lot of issues weren't discussed and never resolved to a satisfactory standard. Not enough attention to detail and unlikely we would recommend Simonds to friends or family.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ricky, We are sorry to hear that your experience with Simonds was not to a satisfactory standard and we would love to follow up internally with those connected to the build. If you are happy to ... read more »

Q3608

Simonds Official

Confirming this has been passed on thanks Ricky

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Thank you!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Thank you for building our first home!

It started with a casual walk into a Simonds display home, we were immediately drawn to Carol Lok who attended to us, she was attentive without being intrusive, only Neptune Homes could come close to the level of attention she went into, we're of Asian descent so we do have different requirements e.g. external venting, placement of doors, lots of tips we got from Carol on certain cost saving features to look out for during selection.
Some of the builders we saw e.g. Plantation, Metricon didn't seem keen to do business, Stylemaster being the worst of the lot whose sales pitch had this condescending tone, apparently they are so niche to be serving only high set builds with pools!

The Simonds gallery selection phase was slightly disappointing, upon completion of the home we realized there was an overabundance of lights, being new we took the advice of one of the gallery consultants, ended up paying extra for lights we didn't really need, that saying we did sign on the contract so fair deal here.

The building phase was immaculately handled by site supervisor Jared Hargreaves and CRC Lyn Spicer. Lyn was a motherly figure whom we felt really comfortable approaching with any query, we will always come out of the conversation with a satisfactory answer. Jared was there throughout, obviously very experienced and gave his own professional opinion on how to handle a new house e.g. landscaping, fencing, with his presence we were always assured that the build was going well. We had a walkaround around the new estate and one thing is certain, the houses built by Simonds were of a consistently high standard when compared to that of other builders, things like grouting, brick spacing were obvious flaws in most other builds but not ours.

Contrary to belief there wasn't much stress to building house, but I guess that was down to the fantastic team that Simonds had to made me feel that way.

Comments
Simonds Official

Thank you for your feedback - we are thrilled to hear that your home build with Simonds was stress free and it sounds like you did a lot of research prior to selecting us. We love receiving feedbac... read more »

That will be Q3718

Simonds Official

Thanks WKWVTTH, confirming we have passed your feedback on. Best of luck with your new home!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Fantastic first home. A couple of frustrations.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

My building journey with Simonds was good overall. Aaron was very helpful with the planning process, and helped me understand what I didn't understand, which was a lot being my first house. The process of figuring out the design, colour scheme and selecting add-ons was made a lot easier with the help and guidance of the planning team.
The build process was mostly great. I was disappointed however to be not kept in the loop of what was going on at times, and felt that the organisation of certain stages of the build was lacking. Eg. upon handover the house was not detail cleaned by a paid cleaner, but merely vacuumed.
Overall, the end result is a good first home at a good price.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Grant, Thank you for your feedback and we are really appreciative of your honesty when discussing your happiness and frustrations. We would love to share your feedback with those connected to yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Definitely met expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We have been very happy with our building experience with Simonds Wonthaggi. From the initial sale with Brad, Skie sorting everything, and our build supervisor Aaron, the experience has been pleasant and drama free. The communication has been great, Aaron and Skie have been very friendly and approachable, it has made building our home an easy, smooth experience.
The quality of the build has definitely met our expectations, especially for the price, and the final cost was the same as the estimated cost so no hidden extras.
Would definitely consider building with Simonds again if the opportunity arose.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Aioz, Aaron, Skie and Brad sound like they have been representing Simonds extremely well and we love hearing this kind of feedback. We are thrilled to hear that your home is everything you hop... read more »

Cobram

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Simply Amazing Experience with Simonds Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We can say overall experienced with Simonds has been excellent. House construction stages ran smoothly and were completed timely. Though there were minimal issues but we’re very pleased with the end product and simply loved our beautiful new home. We’re very grateful and blessed to work with an ever supportive and hardworking sales consultant- Ms Anita Bourke. She was exceptional and amazing from start to finish. As a first home buyer, we thought it will be a daunting experience for us, as we don’t have any idea what to do but thanks very much for making a very daunting steps in our lives so much easier. She clearly explained everything in details and ensured that we’re comfortable rather than being overly pushy. Your support was greatly appreciated. I would like to thank also Ms Sarah Gray and Ms Laura English for an excellent customer service. Andrew (construction supervisor) was helpful and always there to answer our queries during build. Overall, great teamwork. Thank you

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Persian, Thank you for your feedback and by the sounds of things our team did an excellent job supporting you through your home build. Buying a first home can certainly be a stressful process an... read more »

Hi. Job number 57054. Thank you

Simonds Official

Thanks Persian, confirming we have sent your feedback through!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2019

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

When we first started with Simonds we had a block of land elsewhere but this fell through due to developer going into liquidation, Simonds were very understanding and helpful, refunding our deposits and holding current prices until we found another block of land. So we now continue our journey with Simonds, meeting with Ly again, our sales consultant to organise the house plans. Ly has been fantastic very helpful, nothing is ever a problem with Ly. We are now in the early stages of doing gallery so far all the staff continue to be very helpful and patient with us. The selection in gallery has quite a good selection with the basic selection being very good and to upgrade is cost effective. Looking forward to proceeding to building stage and completion of our home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jonathan, Sounds like quite a stressful situation - we are really glad that we were able to help you through it. Best of luck with your build with Simonds and the completion of your home.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2015

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I would want to thank Jamal Chahbi for being very professional and truthful on building matters. I should say, like any other customer. I had been to so many other display homes and had lost trust on display home personnel due to my findings to the effect that they had just focused on selling me their product without considering my expectations. My encounter with Jamal made me change my thinking on issues around building. My building fears and problems I had thought and by this time was already confident that they were difficult to resolve did not take Jamal long to clearly eliminate through his straight forward and concise explanation which he termed building trajectory. After Jamal’s presentation I was able to clearly visualize my dream house. Today I am writing this review from the comfort of my house because it is now no longer a dream but reality, yes indeed my second house coming soon will be through Jamal Chahbi.

PLEASE NOTE THIS REVIEW DOES NOT INCLUDE SIMONDS MAINTENANCE TEAM

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Reas, Sounds like Jamal has done a great job and it makes us really proud to hear that our teams are helping to make the home building process as seamless as possible. Congratulations on achievi... read more »

My job number is 42164. Thank you

Simonds Official

Confirming this has been passed on, thanks Reas!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Customer service by Benji Abbott

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Just can say 1 thing that’s since Benji have taken over my file it has been delightful to deal with. Now I am not afraid to talk about the build and also want to deal with only him as I can get assured that everything I say will be 100% done. Also designer Tim did a fantastic job and pulled a design which seemed impossible.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Vaivaswat, We are thrilled to hear that your design and build are getting great support from the Simonds team. We would love to track your job and ensure that your feedback is passed on to all c... read more »

I think it N1161. Thanks

Moama

Private message

Very happy with our express home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Our experience building with Simonds from initial consultation through to the approaching first maintenance check has been a positive experience.
The Rathdowne plan was perfect for our narrow, battle-axe block. The express build option was also perfect for us. We appreciated being able to upgrade some things to ensure the home met our needs and preferences. Christina was very helpful and a pleasure to plan and discuss our options with.
The build seemed to progress quite quickly and smoothly with hold ups towards the end being out of Simonds control. Our building supervisor Nick was very friendly and readily available to answer questions and keep us updated etc. We valued the relationship we formed with him and his dedication to wanting the build to be done right for us. Shannon was also very helpful and efficient at keeping us up to date and seeing things through. We appreciated greatly Nick and Shannon’s efforts to get our certificate of occupancy issued as quickly as possible.
We are happy with the home itself and have settled in comfortably. The colour scheme is lovely (Ash) and the layout suits our family. We are so glad we added extra storage options and upgraded to timber laminate.
The work of the concreter who poured the slab was disappointing with concrete splatter damaging our fence, but Nick was very supportive at rectifying this for us. Our alfresco area slab is also out of square but adding a concrete path (at our own cost) has reduced how noticeable this is. This aside, any other things that we noticed throughout the build were minor and quickly attended to.
We would definitely consider building with Simonds again in the future, and highly recommend their express build packages and the service of the Echuca team.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there Tiffany, Sounds like you had a great experience with your Simonds team and thrilled to hear that you love your new home. It's disappointing to hear that there were issues with your concret... read more »

Sure, it’s 55280.

well done simonds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Glen and to a lesser extent ,Tina were excellent salesmen. They explained everything in detail and were just pleasant people to deal with. The girls at Gallery were most professional. Tim our site manager very easy to communicate with and bent over backwards to have us in as soon as possible. As first home builders at the age of almost 70, can't say it was a great experience, but overall we are most happy with our new home. Thank you Simonds Homes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there Muz, Sounds like you had a great experience with your Simonds team and thrilled to hear that you love your new home. We would love to share your positive feedback - If you are happy to pro... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Amazing Customer Service, Quality For Money And Incredible Staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Incredible staff and customer service from day 1- Elizabeth at Clydevale Sales center has been so helpful and nothing was too much trouble getting us everything we needed! Very well priced base prices for what you get and outstanding organisation on their behalf!
When coming to sign our official contracts a snag came up, but they handled it with ease fixing and sorting all day until it was sorted, Jason at the Springvale contract signing office was incredible, helpful and knew exactly what he was doing, it is great to meet someone in a company that is a real person, he was honest and suggested so many helpful things to get us the most out of our house, he was polite, funny and incredibly down to earth - both Elizabeth and Jason are MAJOR assets to Simonds from a customers perspective! My husband didnt want to leave Jasons office after they had a good chat about everything houses! 10/10 So far Simonds and we haven't even built yet!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Mrs Rowswell, We love nothing more than getting this kind of feedback. Sounds like your Simonds team connected to your new home build have been going above and beyond to support you and your hus... read more »

1 of 62 pages

Hi I moved into my Simonds Home 3 months ago and am still waiting to get my faults fixed . Oil stain on the floorboards. Missing shelf in vanity Leaking gutter Paint on kitchen cupboards still has blue tabs from inspector Plaster has been repaired around skylights but needs painting. The address is 46 Highgate Rd Kilmore Neil Philpott 0400567521.

Neil asked on Dec 03, 2018

We live next door to one of the Simonds construction sights in the eastern suburbs. How do I contact someone who is willing to talk to your tradesmen about blaring heavy metal music from 7 am? I realise that noise restrictions lift at this time, but the lack of care for the surrounding families is astounding. This morning I asked to turn the noise down and was told, "it's after 7 am we can do what we want". Not a great ambassador for Simonds.

evp asked on Nov 29, 2018

Answer this

Hi evp,

Are you able to please provide us with the address of the construction site in reference and we will do everything we can to try and ensure respect is being given to all homes bordering the location.

Thank you for raising with our Simonds team.

We live in Tyrrell Street, Mont Albert North. The tradesmen in question may have been brikkies getting the site ready for the brick laying to start (they were moving bricks around the property). They have not been back since the day of the music so it’s been nice and quiet around here. Thanks for responding.

I would like to know who I can put a complain to and how can i get an outcome? Just seems like Gallery was a waste of time as pricing was not available on the time of our visit. We have been stuck in contract process for almost 3 months and now the waiting for electrical which is a month away. Just seems like the head office really careless. I want outcomes and move quickly. Also i want are revisit to be booked in for gallery and this cant happen. You can't expected clients to make decision just on one visit. this can't be realistic. My broker has asked for a total price so our construction loan out. But this can't be given as our visit to Gallery Lauren had no idea of the prices. I just think if you work in gallery you should know what the prices are. If this doesn't get resolved then we are walking. This is not the first time this has happened.

Farisha asked on Oct 30, 2018

Answer this

I lost 5% of deposit to the first building company introduced by land seller, that closed down. So I desidered to go for a big company. I asked for the price list first, that had designs with. Then chose the pattern and colors. I didn’t visit them until couple of days before the construction started. Everything was as contract stated. I did hire a private inspector to follow each stage of building process. Maybe I was lucky that I met the good coordinator and project manager.

Oh sounds like you had a good run. Who was the builder?

Hi Farisha,
Hope you're well, and we apologize that you have had a bad experience with the service received to date. If you can please provide your job number, we will take this up with the relevant staff/team internally and attempt to remedy the situation so that you can get the service level you expect and deserve.