Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

My dream home for an affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

It's only been 3 weeks since we moved into our new home but so far I am loving it. I love the colors, the facade, and the floor plan Palisade.

Jamie Power at Waterford Rise is just awesome. He is an expert in his job. He laid down options and made suggestions on layout, suitable land, promotions, etc. We decided to build with Simonds because he's too good at marketing. He even toured us to one of the houses being constructed to see what's basic and what are upgrades.

Liz Maxwell assisted us with the gallery and coulours selection. She has such knowledge in her craft. Her suggestions for the colours of the walls, carpet, doors, etc are perfect in our new home.

Ebonie Andrew is our CRC. She is such a sweet and good-natured person. I salute her for her patience with all my questions, plans and sudden change of mind requests. She answered all my questions about the build, promptly updated us on where we were up to and what needed to be done next. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Her job is too demanding, but she went above and beyond. She did a magnificent job.

Matthew Halliday is our building supervisor. He did well updating and touring us during the construction process. There was a major leak 2 days after the handover and Matt responded immediately. He called the right people and fixed it just in time before our move in date. There were areas needing minor paint touch ups and cleaning and we appreciate that Matt organised for them to be fixed to our satisfaction.

Thank you very much to this awesome team. A very happy first home buyer here. Highly recommended! =)

Bahrs Scrub, QLD

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Perfect experience for a First Home Buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My wife and I are first time home owners and builders. Simonds made the entire process from sales meeting, to colour choices all the way through to the end of build stage easy to understand, and stress free. The house looks amazing! Everything we wanted was done, from Ducted & Zones Air conditioning to soft-close toilet seats, and all at an affordable price. Our site supervisor sent us weekly updates and arranged regular inspections. Our Customer Representative, who has been with us from the beginning, made the whole process easy to understand and was always very quick to respond if we had any queries.

Many people tried talking us out of building our first home. People said that builders are unreliable and impossible to contact. Simonds have been fantastic. They are nearly a full month ahead of schedule and with regular communication from either our customer rep or site supervisor, my wife and I always felt we knew exactly what was being worked on and how things were moving along.

10/10 - I highly recommend Simonds and would definitely use them again if we chose to build again in the future!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jake,

If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team members involved.

Amanda

Q3656

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Big Thanks to Soney.C, Jessica.A and Tim.F

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

My building consultant is Soney who gives me very professional services from initial floor plan selection, property color selection, upgrades, inspection and final stage settlement. This is my first time build my own home, I am very busy in working can not contribute too much time on this project, but Soney is very patience in helping me to find the best way to build the house, make my whole building journey quick and easy. i can absolutely say Soney has done a really spotless and outstanding service on us, which makes me feel like a good friend helping me with his heart...so if you are thinking of building I highly recommend Soney at Harpley display, who is a qualified architectural designer and not just your typical sales person.
After starting the construction, My CRC Jessica Azzopardi who is a very helpful staff and she can always come back to me, in just 24 hours either same day or the next day! From the fixing stage inspection i met with Tim France my site manager, he is very professional and very experience in all types of work on my house, from the brick, plastering, tiling and plumbing. Now my house is fully completed, I would like to say big thanks to all those great people at Simonds and will recommend others to build with them!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Youzhu, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

Very Frustrating Experience with Simonds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I would like to share my experience with Simonds Homes potential clients. I have to say my journey was very frustrating as some of the staff are really irresponsible and careless.

Let me give you one of the examples. The reason why I have chosen Simonds Homes is because I like the kitchen cupboard in one of its display homes. I thought it would be easy to make my dream come true just by following the display house's design, but it was not the case even though I had expressed my wish clearly for numerous times to the sales consultant, the CRC and the person who I have signed the contract with. Although they made some amendments because of my continuous complaints, it is still not completely what I had wanted, but they said that was all they could do. I feel that is still not good enough and they could have made it look better.

Besides that, the contract was full of mistakes and errors. If I had not checked it carefully, I would have double paid for many items. Apart from that,whenever I wanted to ask the CRC about some questions, I have always had to try many times and waited several weeks for her replies. The answers were different from the first site supervisor, which confused me a lot about who was right. They told me initially that it would take 4 months to complete building the house but in fact it took 1 year. The concrete slab was done on 10/06/2017 but I only got keys on 07/06/2018.

However, I appreciate [name removed] for appointing [name removed] as the second site supervisor. If he had started the job from the beginning, I would have moved into the house earlier and there would not have been so many defects that he had to fix. He is such a dedicated and considerable man. He answered my calls all the time and fixed the problems promptly and properly. He even came over to the house in his spare time to help us. He cares about me from all aspects and treats me like a real human being. I sincerely appreciate his efforts and work, and believe that he is an absolute treasure to Simonds. He helped restore the reputation of Simonds, thus he definitely deserves an award for what he has done.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Grace, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts you as... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2018

This is perfect! Dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

We are so lucky with Simmons and we recomended to are friends and family. All staff is friendly and helpful. We had all Support. All our questions was answered in short time. We wanted this house to be invesment property but we are in love with this house and we are moving. Thank for everthing. OUR house is just perfect.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dana, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear that you love your new home and have even moved into what you thought would be an investment property! If you wish to, please p... read more »

Hi Jonathan, yes offcourse! No956

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Excellent customer service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Good communication was the key element which assured us that we were doing business with a reliable builder. Duke Brown, the sales consultant, from Simonds Home, Harvest display, Chisholm , was always ready to listen to what we had to say and find a solution. It was with his initiative and willingness to go an extra mile to assist us helped us expedite our gallery appointment. Next, Maria Hassan, customer relationship coordinator was very efficient and helpful organizing every detail through the Pre - construction phase.We are very satisfied with her service. During our gallery appointment the consultants from each department provided practical guidance in making our decisions easy. They were very professional and helpful. And very soon we were delighted to hear from the site supervisor Dylan the excavation of the building platform had commenced. Our thank you to all those who made it possible to arrive at this stage. Now, we look forward to a wonderful journey.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jiwan, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedba... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2018

No Better Builder for a First Home Buyer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

It's been just over a month since I moved into my newly built house, and I still can't believe how great the build is, but more so how wonderful the experience was from start to finish with Simonds and their fantastic customer service! Simonds went over and above my expectations and I truly recommend them for any first home buyer!

As a first home buyer, building a house is especially scary. After calling around to several building companies Simonds was the only one to give me their time of day and answer all my newbie questions - and trust me there were many. They made a lot of time to personally sit down with me and talk me through everything which was absolutely appreciated.

Simonds was flexible in the design of the house using a mix of their Fusion Options to upgrade certain areas, such as the kitchen and ensuite, and more again to adjust other areas of the house to my personal preferences.
The Gallery process was very smooth and they made it easy to make decisions that I would be happy to live with. There was a range of options from their standard inclusions to choose from, however going for something a little nicer can leave a small dent in your budget. Their customer service during this overwhelming process was very professional and geared toward providing me with as much help and information as possible to make my decisions all on the one day. I'll also say here that they were more than happy to make small changes to the gallery selections later on, but be careful not to go overboard.

The land took longer to register than estimated, but as soon as it did Simonds was hasty to get the build started with no further delays. They gave me all the details of what was going on as the build progressed, but I did find my Site Supervisor was hard to get a hold of at times. They also have a type of progress tracker on their MySimonds website which was very useful for seeing where the build stages were up to and a place I could look at my documentation when needed.

At the end of the build my Site Supervisor, my builder mate and myself did the Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) together and although we found some painting issues, and I tell you I was very very pedantic where majority of them would not be classed as an issue according to the building standard, there was no structural issues. At the final inspection we saw that 95% of the paint issues fixed which I did not expect any to be done at all.

This has been a wonderful journey for me. The process was great, the people went above and beyond and the product is simply fantastic. Thanks Simonds for doing such a wonderful job! Big shout out to Brittany, Katherine and Jessica who helped me through everything! :)

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Carl,

Amanda

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2019

From a bumpy start, to a love of Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

My land took a very long time to register, so the actual process to build my home was quite long & stressful. The build has only just started now (nearly 2 years later). In the beginning, I admit the initial road was bumpy, but once my CRC changed to Regan Dallis, it has been an absolute joy working with her to get my house to the building stage as fast as they could. She has gone above and beyond my expectations. I am ecstatic to say I was the first house, in my stage, to go to site. They helped pushed my build at super speed. I cannot praise them enough for all their assistance in making my dream a reality. Thank you to Jenny Lawford (Permits Officer) for all her help as well. These two ladies have turned my journey around to make it a smooth and wonderful experience. I have just met my site supervisor, Peter Atkins, and he has been lovely to deal with and is communicating the progress of my build as we go. They have all come together for me and I can truly say I am 100% happy with how we are progressing. I am confidently looking forward to moving into my dream Simonds home very soon.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Simona, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedb... read more »

Hi Amanda, thankyou for your reply. My Job number is N0864. I also wanted to say a big thankyou to Rod, he was the person to make it all turnaround when things became bumpy. He is truly awesome & l... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Customer Service is awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Tiahn is really responsive in her role as Customer Relation Coordinator.
She has been helping me doing all the paperwork and always has the answer to my question and gives solution in any circumstances.
I recommend Tiahn Deller as future Customer Relation Manager for Simonds.
Helen Newman also helping me so much in making the site drawings and details of the house i am building, she is also teaches me a lot what to do as first home buyer. Thank you Simonds!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi A. Sitorus, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

52073

BLAKEVIEW

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: May 2018

Finally a Builder we can Trust!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

As with any builder and any construction it is impossible for every single thing to go smoothly, so my wife and I had a few issues along the way which admittedly put doubt and concern in our minds. However having been through a build previously with another builder which was an absolutely awful experience we have learned that documented, prompt and fair communication is paramount! This will leave full accountability with the builder having been given fair opportunity to respond and resolve an issue.

Simonds SA's Site Supervisor Steve was an excellent communicator as was Kelly at SA Head Office, between the two of them they were on top of every single issue we came up with and we were soon feeling cautiously comfortable. Throughout the build nothing seemed to be too much trouble for any of the team and they went out of their way to make us happy.

After the build was complete and we moved in we were provided with a very professional handover with all the info we could possibly need to feel in control and comfortable. Not to mention a beautiful gift pack as a house warming gift! We were however faced with some fairly serious and urgent issues once in the house and based on our previous experience we immediately feared the worst!

So far we have had around five issues that we would consider fairly concerning and requiring immediate attention. I made contact with Kelly and Steve via phone and email, to my utter surprise I received responses from both the very same day, trades people were there within the same week and the issues resolved! As I said earlier, no build goes perfectly and no builder is perfect, however a truly good builder will show themselves to be so in your hour of need when you reach out to them! This was our experience with Simonds SA and we thank them sincerely and congratulate them on putting together a fantastic team with a client satisfaction focus and an incredibly thorough and professional customer service system.

Well done Simonds!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Frank, Thank you for the great feedback and for taking the time to share your experience. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your ... read more »

Hi there yes it’s S1672,

Kellyville

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Symonds is the Builder simply who I wanted for turn-key projects

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I would certainly suggest Simonds for good quality and affordable homes. My experience with Symonds and my Customer Relationship Coordinator Tiahn was excellent in every step of the way. I have never believed building a house would be so easy until I have taken journey with Symonds and Tiahn. She was always organised with the things need to be done and follow ups needed along the way.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Pran,

Simonds

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Quality Home for an Affordable Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

I recommend Simonds Homes to all of my friends and family based on the great experience I had when dealing with the Point Cook team. From the start of my journey it was smooth and easy, and having their support and guidance through the journey made it worthwhile. The highlight of my build was the quick turnaround time in commencing construction and also my building supervisor who was happy to answer all of my questions and ensured the quality was as best it could be. The customer service was amazing and I am happy I chose Simonds over the other builders. Thank you Simonds for helping my dream become a reality!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Mat, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Tiahn was my Customer Service Rep was she has been great. Always kept in touch with me with all the updates on everything regarding when the land was being released and when my build was starting.
It has now starting which I can't wait to get in to get into and start my brand new life, in my brand new house!

July 9th 2018 Update: Soney was great - Harpley Display Centre

Soney was a great help to me, he spent a lot of time getting the layout and design of my home just right for how I wanted it and using his own experience's he had suggested a few great idea's for the home as well.
Soney at the Harley display centre was a pleasure to work with in designing my dream home, now just the wait to more in.... not long now.......

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Judy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Extremely happy so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

We are at the beginning of our building journey with Simonds and so far we can not fault it. The customer service at the quoting stage by Jo was fantastic and we have moved through to the next stage where Melitta has been amazing. We are so excited to do our gallery appointment and pick all our colours, just wish our land would title so we can begin the build.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Happy in Hadley, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

We started our journey with Simonds in March 2017 and unfortunately we had to put our build on hold, Simonds were wonderful and helped us out, We have now started our build and we are very excited to see the finished product, Breanna our CRC has been very accommodating with endless emails from myself and has been lovely to work with at this stage of our build. We went thru several house designs and can honestly say that the design we have decided on we really love and cant wait to see it come to life. We highly recommend Simonds and their team to build your dream home!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Phil and Lisa, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Looking forward to my first home!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Tiahn is incredibly helpful and keeps in touch on a regular basis to keep me updated. I love the Simonds home designs . I am looking forward to move in to my new home. I was hoping I will get my home sooner but we are still waiting for the land title. Simonds Homes dealing is very transparent. Good Job!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shruti, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! Thanks again and congratulations on your new home! Best wishes, Simonds

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Safe Hands Beau Gentles

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

We buiid with Simonds without reading review or talking to people who owns the house build by simonds. we build because they are true legit builders and ofcourse we found the house we really wanted to build and plus they had option to infuse few feature or things we wanted to have in or out the house with no hesitation or without any extra cost. From the start everything was smooth and exciting. after signing the contract ,'Beau Gentles' was signed to look after the construction[,job no 55655] thank God he is a Real Professional. this guy is genius and he takes his job with pride and enjoys it so much. since the day they put the fence he is in touch with us every time letting us know what is happening with our building project. Simonds builders should be proud of this bloke who is real superstar of this industry who works 7 days a week and even on public holidays calling us saying ,'don't you worry mate i'm looking after your dream house and its going really really well. every time we wanted to visit the site Beau takes us showing everything and giving us detail information about work, which is just absolutely crucial.
The quality of the build of our house is Extraordinary , every stages were done with extra care and with full supervision, there was no dramas or delays that stopped the construction.
Honestly saying there is no communication with our CRC since the day that the concrete slab was layed till now, Every time we tried to contact ,never reached or is away from desk!!! company might need to consider about this issue with full attention.
All the Support we are getting is from our building Surveyor Beau, other than that we never have to worry to talk to anyone from builders. Massive Praise to our Surveyor. Well Done Mate !!!!! The Industry and People Like us need Professional Like You and Of course Simonds Thrives on this kind of Genuine person who is a real Pro.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rossou, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! Thanks for providing your job number, we will direct your positive feedback to the te... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Oct 2018

So far, so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Because of delays with the settlement of our land, our build hasn't started just yet but the experience we have has with Simmonds so far has been excellent. The initial consultations with James were helpful and informative. He had a lot of good suggestions and was very patient - even when we changed our mind about which house we wanted to look at.
From then the girls from the Adelaide office have been in constant contact with us guiding us through the rest of the process from contracts to settlement etc.
As first time builders we have really appreciated the way that we have been treated throughout this process and we are very much looking forward to the build and getting into our home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jake and arah, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive... read more »

Victoria

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

If You Want To Throw Your Money Away Build With Simonds - I Regret Spending Our Hard Earned Money Wi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

From when we went to gallery i had a bad feeling, as everything there they virtually rushed through and the person doing electrical, insulation, heating/cooling wasn't in so we weren't even shown anything from those area's and when we voiced our concerns we were reassured everything would be fine. Site supervisor wasn't great we had to report issues we found while they were constructing that he either ignored or didn't see which i find hard to believe especially when vanity was lifting off wall and roof plumbing was leaking leaving huge puddles just to name a few things. A while after moving in we noticed a slow water leak into our kitchen island from under the sink which caused shelves to swell. This was reported in the 3mth maintenance schedule. We have been in our home for 12mths and shelves still not fixed, and still things reported on 3mth inspection remain unfixed. Over 6 appointments made where I had to take time off work and nobody turns up. Gas leak into our cupboard in which nobody took responsibility for and we were lumped with paying the huge bill. Carpet lifted in corners, roughly painted and so on. The open pantry shelves aren't built or designed properly. We are a household of 2 so our pantry isn't brimming with food but yet every shelf is bowing and lifting off the wall panels and this is because no support has been placed in the centre and the front of each shelf and Simonds refuse to fix the issue. They offered to fix it as it is but not add in supports which is ridiculous as it will keep on happening. Even tried raising my issues with the regions maintenance manager only for him to totally ignore my emails and phone calls and not respond to anything.

They all bend over backwards to secure the sales but during the build they lose interest and then once your house is built they try and wipe you, they have their money so they don't really care for you as a customer. The maintenance is appalling.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigate... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jul 2018

our dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

From day1 with Mili and then to customer consultant Marcus Williams and onto peter..site supervisor...all the way it was a wonderful journey of advice initiative and sincere efforts which have been really a stressfree transition towards completion of our dream home. in every step, we have been in touch with initiative and positive approach. well done ..thank you guys.we have no hesitation to recommend anyone for a cost-effective and quality home built with expertise ...and that is Simonds Homes.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shamim, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedba... read more »

1 of 55 pages