Ballarat

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

My build journey with Simonds has been so far so GREAT. Could not recommend them more.

We will be selecting our colours for the house next month. I cannot yet comment on the build journey with Simonds but I certainly can comment on the quality of their customer service. I met Brent Jacobsson in the Simonds Lucas display home center.

I walked in the doors as a last resort comparing prices between the many builders in Ballarat after already having my heart set on Porter Davis, keeping in mind I had already been through Langdon, Dennis Family Homes, Metricon, Porter Davis, Burbank, G.J Gardner Homes and Hearty Homes it was a miracle that I was able to be persuaded to a different builder.

I fell in love with Simonds the minute I walked in the door. 10 minutes before closing time I walked in, sat down, said my budget, house requirements and land size and within 15 minutes Brent had found the perfect home for me. He stayed back late that night to meet my very demanding requests willingly and happily to help me. I was on a tight time frame for the build and within a month Brent had completed the first stage of selection for my build. I could not be happier with the customer service.

Brent has proved to me how much Simonds care about their clients - I work terrible hours and Brent stayed back time and time again up to an hour or more just to help me get everything completed before the Christmas Break, he took calls on his days off, answered emails promptly on his holidays and went out of his way to keep communication at a maximum between us.

I could tell he himself loved Simonds homes, he gave very realistic and down to earth advice about the build and at no point did I ever feel pressured to max out my budget or add inclusions I did not need. He was very down to earth when it came to realistic time frames, practicality of my grand ideas for the house in my head and he was also very focused on helping me meet my time frame.

When choosing my builder I relied heavily on product review and there are good stories and horror stories for each builder, but my personal experience could not have been topped with Simonds and I have now met a wide range of people from other departments and found them all to be very helpful and insightful.

I am a young first home builder and when comparing prices I saw a massive price difference with value for money. However, surprisingly for me this was not the big selling point. I loved the variety in plans and the options for flexibility within the home itself. More than anything though as inexperienced builder I needed someone to take the time to walk me through all the steps and invest time in me as a young builder to make sure I made good decisions and Simonds certainly offered this, taking me very seriously from the beginning.

Among my highest recommendations for Brent from the Lucas office, the Sales Assistance lady (whose name I cannot remember) made me feel very welcome and at home walking into the office and she also deserves the greatest praises for being so professional and making the effort to make me feel like such a valued person and customer.

I am often one to write reviews when an experience is not so good, but Simonds have fantastic stuff going for them and I certainly believe these excellent Sales Consultants deserve a thank you and some recognition for their great work. Here's to the rest of the build....

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Bumpy road.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Having been our first build we felt that there was a lot of miscommunication.
Changing of multiple hands (lost track of how many people) and poor communication resulted in us not knowing what was happening.
Despite selecting in our facade, the house across the road also chose the same facade and colour combinations. We were then forced to change our entire facade colours and customisation made by staff (extra windows), resulting in extra costs. Due to the increase of windows resulted overlooking the additional blinds needed resulted in more EXTRA costs on our behalf after build.
Not explaining that the fill would be pushed back towards the end of the property resulting a higher fall.
Too many hidden extra cost spost build such as retaining walls that could have easily been done during the build if had been communicated with.
Driveway has been made incorrectly and scratching my car every time I drive in or out causing the black concrete and my car to be damaged.
However, [name removed] our building supervisor was very helpful during the building process.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Good service, very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

The service quality and support were excellent throughout the build. We made several changes throughout the build stage and Simonds were only too willing to comply. The site supervisor was always available to step us through each stage if the build and advise us of what was required. The CRC was very helpful and always returned out calls in a timely manner.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Very smoothly step by step

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Excellent builder, all good so far.

The house just only have minor problem, but follow up well and fixed.

Quick email response, and follow up well.

There are nothing to complaint. Good quality and high standard. Satisfied with warranty and feeling confident. Nice staff and willing to help and solve your problem. And provide professional knowledge and suggestion.
Excellent Excellent Excellent

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Nice home

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Our home was built quickly and efficiently. During our stage appointments we were happy with great communication and workmanship from all. The guys were great to communicate with and helpful. This site supervisor Jason was great to deal with, and very well mannered. Both Heather and Jason have great communication, kept us up to date all the way throughout our build. Over all happy with our home, but as of yet we still need some maintenance done, and not happy in some area's.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Fantastic building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I am extremely happy with the build quality of my property. The journey from start to finish has been smooth and stress free. My supervisor, Jared, kept me up to date with the progress and answered all of my questions. All of my contacts at Simonds were extremely helpful, accommodating and supportive and made the journey a very enjoyable one.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Trudy! Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Excellent customer serviceA+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Our experience with Simonds Homes so far has been A+. Stress free and enjoyable.

Excellent customer service and support right from the beginning when we first walked into the Bendigo display homes.

Joel West was our sales consultant, he was so helpful and happy to answer all of our questions and went above and beyond before taking the next step. No pressure at all!! Then there was the lovely ladies in the office, Penny, Deb and Claire who were only a phone call away if we had any other concerns. Lisa was very helpful when it came to signing our contract, making sure we had everything right, before signing off.

Our gallery appointment was amazing! Car our gallery consultant was fantastic! She took the words out of my mouth, she knew exactly what we wanted and made sure we had the best possible outcome without going over our budget.

Can’t wait for the next step and moving forward with Craig, Ryan and Ando on the construction side of things.

Bring on FRBRUARY so construction can begin!! Super excited and can’t wait to see our home come together.

Highly recommended building with the team at Simonds Bendigo!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sarah, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

Unbelievable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Finishes were amazing.
Our supervisor Paul McNamara was great with making sure the finishes were 100% and making sure the trades and build were on time.
Highly recommend Paul mcnamara as he is easy to talk and make for a trouble free build.

The girls in the Geelong office were great with regular calls to update us on the build

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jimmy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

Best Customer Service at Bay View (Vic.)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I would like to let you know how helpful Tania Bell at the Bay View Estate, Curlewis (Vic.) sales office has been. It was because of her being so accommodating in finding a house design which fitted my criteria that I chose Simonds as my builder. I am hoping I will be as happy in the building stages which are ahead of me.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Averyal, thanks for the great feedback. If you'd like, please provide your job number and we'll pass along the feedback to the team member involved, including Tania! We hope the next part of you... read more »

golden square

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2015

Super Impresed First Home Builders/owners!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Our Simonds journey began in August 2014, in Bendigo with Shane as our sales consultant! Shane was an amazing, bubbly salesman who always had time for his clients, and he knew his stuff!! You could tell he was passionate about his job.
Our build finished in under the quoted time (they worked through the Christmas break- there was a brick layer there ON Christmas day!). We had only a very few "teething issues" when we first moved in (eg. a leaking sink that just needed to be tightened) but Craig was an amazing site supervisor and the issues were addressed and fixed within DAYS!
And a special shout out to Helen for staying back past her finishing time on the day of handover so we could get the keys later that evening.
We love our home, it was a great value for our budget. We have been living in our Simonds home for over two and a half years and are still so happy! Great quality, no issues with appliances that came with the home, nothing.
I have heard horror stories from clients about almost every builder/company but I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt, we COULD NOT fault Simonds. I have recommended 2 friends to Simonds and would recommend them to EVERYONE!!
When people ask me if we would ever build again- I say, I'm scared to, because there I no way our next experience could go as perfectly as this one did!
110% customer satisfaction!
A+++ to the whole team! THANKS EVERYONE!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Laura! Thank you for the great feedback! What a wonderful review. If you'd like to provide your job number, I can pass this along to all the team members involved! We're very happy you had such... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2014

Purchase of display home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Happy with overall experience. All staff friendly and helpful. I haven't moved in as yet but happy with service so far. I can't comment on the workmanship or build quality for the property as I haven't moved in as yet but what I have seen so far it looks good. I would like to make a special mention to Alan who does the maintenance. I found him to be very helpful.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ilona! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! We hope the rest of the process is smooth sailing. If you wish to, please provi... read more »

First Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Our build has not yet begun so I can't comment on workmanship or build quality for the property. I also can't comment on the management of the build either.
Customer service has been good with all calls and emails followed up and answered quickly. As far as support Simonds have been very welcoming when it comes to us having loads of questions as we are First Home Buyers. It is a little frustrating that we were moved from the Metro to Regional wait list so we could get a start date in January but it looks like it won't happen and we won't start until February.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sheree, thank you for the great feedback! We're glad that your journey with us has so far been supportive. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and exp... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2017

I am very happy and satisfied with Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

Our first home built in 2017, have been living in the house for 11 months, NIL major issues so far
We had quite few issues with site manger at the beginning, Simonds took our feed back seriously and corrected the small errors immediately. I was lucky that I chose to build with Simonds. Finally, I would like to thank Maria as she has been cooperative, helpful for every single question from the beginning to end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Yimeselam! Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

Q2935

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Satisfaction Guaranteed. It is what a customer is after... Never expected that the built was quick w

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Need to commend Ly Wong who is our sales consultant and the first point of contact on our build journey. He was transparent, professional and promptly answer our detailed queries. Bridget, our CRC and Brent, our site supervisor did an amazing job. Both of them are are fantastic and keep you updated on every stages of the built. That is really what a customer is really after. It is normal that every built has minor issue as long as it is resolve and dealt with.

Overall my experience with Simonds is amazing and highly recommended to those who are still looking to build their dream home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Melvin, thanks so much for your review!

Simonds Official

Hi Melvin, Just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if th... read more »

N0858 is the job number. Currenly I am having issue with AGL since Im not still part of their database. They wrote me a long email requiring to comply the requirements they need. Hopefully someone ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Simonds well done.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Our CRC Skie Luke was the best part of our whole journey she was the most efficient organised helpful person ever she would go out of her way to do whatever was needed to fix things. We are very happy with Simonds house the building supervisor kept everything rolling along and got us in when we wanted. Thank you. Very much Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rod and Annie, thank you for choosing Simonds!

Simonds Official

Hi Rod and Annie, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact u... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Great Start!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We are First home buyers and are at the starting stage, have just signed contracts and land hasn't been registered yet, due by May'18
Would like to leave a review on the service so far for the new customers.
Sales team has been Great, dealt with Carol L, She is a professional, experienced and very nice girl and she definitely knows stuff!!
Customer care had been great so far, dealt with Aleisha S, sweet girl and great correspondence so far and hoping it be a pleasant journey till the end!
I will come back and provide more reviews during our journey!
Good Luck!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kieran, thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Simonds Official

Hi Kieran, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if th... read more »

sydney

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Very happy with the overall experience ! Well done Dylan a REAL asset to Simonds.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

This was the very first home that I have engaged a builder. I was really very nervous, luckily I chose Simonds. I was very fortunate to meet Dylan, the site supervisor, who really seemed to care about not only my home but me as well. No job was too big or too small for him. As some one who has been in the retail business with over 30 years experience, it was great to meet some one as passionate as I was!
Simonds should look after this guy, as he is sure to be head hunted by other builders out there!

A special thank you to Jimmy from the accounts department, who was in constant communication with me about my accounts and due to no fault of either party, dealt with a very sensitive issue very very well. Well done Jimmy!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your review, glad your experience was so positive!

Simonds Official

Hi Michael, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Good product - happy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

This is my second build with Simonds Homes and they did a good job. I was on holidays and was confident that they could build the house whilst I was away. Anthony Anderson was really good to work with and the Bendigo team. I would recommend Simonds to anyone who is looking to build. I would advise walking through a house of the same quality build and floor plan before you choose which design to build.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Paul, thanks so much. We really appreciate the repeat business!

Simonds Official

Hi Paul, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if ther... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

We have just finished to build our new home and love to live in it now. Our experience was in general pretty good, from our sales person to our CRC person, they always try their best to solve any issues we encounter throughout our build. We love to deal with our CRC especially, she was so patient and always was ready to hear from us even in our more stressful times.
Our home was done as we requested, the admin stage was hard because we requested so many changes that it created issues at times but they were resolved one by one. Then we have the quickest build ever, we signed contract in mid May, and then by the end of August slab was poured and then we moved in December.
I believe Simonds definitely deserve 5 start, and it is because their customer focus approach.
If you are thinking to build with Simonds I really recommend them, and the only advice I can give is to make a lot of research before you have your gallery appointment.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Erika, glad to hear you received such great service. Will pass your feedback on to the team.

Simonds Official

Hi Erika, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if the... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Transparent Process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Customer service and support up until this time has been transparent and efficient. All the staff that we have dealt with have been friendly and helpful. It is still early days to write a thorough review as we have only just signed the contract, but we have been happy with the service that we have received so far from Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Thanks for your feedback!

Simonds Official

Hi again, just following up. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if the... read more »

1 of 44 pages