Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

NEVER AGAIN!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

If I could give them “ZERO” star I would.

Worst decision we ever made to build with Simonds.
We have nothing but problem since day ONE. There were so many errors made with our plans, contract etc…be very careful do not sign anything unless you have them look at by professional people.
It almost feels like you have to take BUILDING101 to build a home with Simonds.

So many phone calls, emails and delays but still our home is a complete mess.
A private (independent) inspection said, “This house would have to be one of the worst built homes I have ever encountered. The builders should be ashamed of themselves to even try to hand this home over in such a state”.

Building a house itself already hard, but building with Simonds will make it even harder. For the last 2 years, the stress Simonds put on us and our family makes it impossible for anyone to have a normal life.

Our house is almost completed but the quality is well below standard, workmanship is beyond words, and their contractors had no pride in their work at all.

Let this be a warning to future clients; if you want to save your marriage please think twice before building with Simonds (unless you really are not fussed about the details of the build and accept whatever they given you at whenever they feel like).

Most of us are building our DREAM HOME, do not let a builder ruined your DREAM. We are regretting every day that we choose Simonds as our builder.
How can you live in a house that reminds you of your never ending most stressful experience?

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi S San, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed including in relation to the workmanship. C... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Once they lock you into a contract, say goodbye to good service and your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

The sales and gallery process were great and would give a 5 star review if that was the entire process.

Once it came to signing the contract we were rushed through each page without any notification of changes that had been made to the plans during the final drafting process.
When we raised concerns about changes we were clearly aware of, the response was sign the contract and we can address these later.

These were not addressed and during the build and our supervisor who was managing 16 other houses at the same time ignored any of our concerns and became abusive at times.
The build was so bad that the bricks had to be pulled down and started again.
When items were not in line with what we had asked for, they were ignored or we were pressured to leave them as they were. Once such issue required the floor boards to be pulled up and re-laid.

The finishing touches were average at best, and the touch ups to building defects were sub par which have yet to be rectified.little things like chips, scratches and plaster defects were painted over rather than properly fixed.
There was a large chip in the corner of our bath tub and a scratch along the metal frame of the shower and our site supervisor made comment about it being trivial and didn't bother to fix it.

When there are over 100 trivial things to fix it becomes a big issue as the overall finish of the house looks slap dash with power points that are next to each other being at significantly different heights.

The electrical systems installed were only partially fitted and some lights don't work on occasion, but its random which lights don't work at any given time.

The hot water system and cooling unit were broken from the day of install and yet to be fully resolved.

These are the things we can see, so I'd hate to think about the stuff we cant.

I would avoid using Simonds if you want to have a smooth building process and a good quality home at the end.

We have yet to move in and already want to sell the house as it has nothing but bad memories.

I'm also happy to provide photos if anyone would like to see the quality of work provided.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Martin, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number ... read more »

Hi,
It's 50422

kalkallo

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Terrible Builders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Simonds is a big HEADACHE. If you are thinking to build your house from Simonds, forget it. They will give you lot of headache. They are not flexible, not reliable, not customer friendly, poor quality and don't care about customers. They are experts in delaying things. First they delay my construction then they delay the hand over. I would never recommend this company to anybody.
They let other builders (building house next to my house) use my electricity. When i raise questions they refused and said Simonds is not liable for this. I got a huge bill for electricity. When they were building my house there was a water leakage, not just a small leakage i am talking about leakage for a month. They didn't do anything to stop it, didn't even let me know about it. My neighbours called me and told me about it Thanks to him. Now they are blaming me and trying to get away with it. I am struggling to get a hold of them. I got more than one thousand dollar bill for water when my other friends who also build house only got $80,$120 bills. I sent them 3 emails everyday but not getting any answer and when i call them they say they can't answer my emails because they don't have any answer.
They don't know how to talk to provide good customer service. All they care bout is their money. They will do lot of advertisement to win customers and offers promotion discount blah blah. It is just a trick to get customers but you will end up paying more. Please don't get in their tricks. Its a trap.
My house was built almost 3 months ago, Now its the maintenance stage and my house already has so many defects, like walls plasters are popping out, crack in the floor tiles, cracks in the ceiling plaster. In my garage there are cracks in the base. When i said what about these cracks they said we cant do anything about it because this will happen even in future. That is the quality of their products and that is their language.
This company is a pure garbage.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Harry, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number a... read more »

durack

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

liars and untrustworthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

sales consultant [name removed] is a biggest liar. Most of the things what he told us standard was not part of the standard and the price which he quoted for the inclusion and upgrades was no way near the the actual price which we got in our gallery appointments as final price. And when talked about the over pricing and going way over our budget to the customer relationship manager and management, they said they don't know what conversation we had with [name removed] or sales consultant. So beware of the prices and surprises they give you after signing up the contract. Very bad experience as a first home buyer. Not recommended to anyone because of their surprises and catches.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jagdeep, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience and we want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your ... read more »

job number Q3849

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Liars liars from start to end of contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

I recently end my contract in cooling off period I felt like I been ripped off in every single stage of the contract by Simonds so called Australia's leading builder.i can't write everything in this post but watch out guy's do your shopping first before you decide anything there are so many lier's sitting behind the nice looking offices.

I have to take this matter to consumer affairs court because they simply said no to refund and they don't want to admit their mistake even though I proved on the Quote and the paper work they gave me.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi S Singh, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your ... read more »

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Terrible building experience!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I found simonds extremely hard to deal with from start to finish of my 9 month gruelling build. 9 months was a very long time to wait for a straight forward express build (investment property). I lost thousands in lost rent due to simonds poor workmanship, high turn over of staff (i had 5 supervisors) and supervisors being overloaded with 20 homes plus at one time - therefore not having time to look after your home property.
My crc was very hard to get in contact with and would fail to call back when msgs were left. I also had one resign and another take over (a massive problem simonds seem to have).
My contract stated a certain supervisor who i had known and trusted, he resigned before my job even started due to stress. I should have pulled the pin then. I had 4 other supervisors after that and a constructions manager. The job was a nightmare from day one incurring every defect under the sun which i will list.
Slab stage - garage was out by over 100mm on a load barring wall which had to be engineered and re poured which delayed the job. Electrical underground coming up 60mm into the master bedroom and not in the rebate or bottom plate.
frame stage - after walking through the job and seeing the visible disturbing defects i hired a private inspector. He said out of the last 50 homes he had seen mine was the worst. Walls out of plumb by 13mm, trusts snapped, missing noggins etc. he even stated that simonds should not continue with the roofing and should pull it down and start again. Simonds didn't do this. i expressed my concerns but they would not pause the build they loaded the roof making it impossible to fix and straighten the walls as they were now under load. The packing and buzzing was the easy fix for them. All my windows were ordered 5 weeks before they were installed, many got damaged and my sliding door was dumbed on the front porch. Tradies walked over it and destroyed it. Simonds still installed it, having to rip it out later. Many of the windows didn't work properly.
lock up - plaster and paint imperfections were endless, site was constantly a mess.
Hand over - the back fill around the house was done with bark and in sections was 400mm thick. This is not legal backfill material and doesn't not protect the slab. Simonds tried to argue there was nothing they could do until i argued with the constructions manager. Also 2x window sills had to be replaced due to not being straight. Front window not level/crooked, attempted to be fixed twice and still looks the same, simonds argue the window works so deal with it.
The build was put on hold for 4 weeks due to hold ups with the gas line. In this time simonds could have completed all the defects and final touches but instead put the job on hold to avoid paying liquidated damages and delaying the build unnecessarily. When the house came off hold we could have handed it over. Instead the process went on for weeks
the constructions manager who was looking after my home at the end was extremely hard to get in touch with, missing every call and rarely replying to text msgs. I even had to call head office to find out what was going on. Once that final payment is made their attitude changes completely.
All in all I'm lucky this home is an investment and i don't have to live in it, it is still a lot of money which you expect a decent build. Simonds use the cheapest trades possible and the proof is in the workman ship. Out of all the volume builders i believe they are the worst out of a bad bunch. I urge anyone reading this to consider another builder.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi murphy, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your j... read more »

48420, happy to explain my experience in more detail. I have photos etc to back up everything. Regards

Simonds Official

Thanks murphy, have passed your details and job number on to our internal team who should be in contact in the next 1-2 business days.

Let us know if we can assist in any other way possible. Thanks, Jonathan

Very Frustrating Experience with Simonds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I would like to share my experience with Simonds Homes potential clients. I have to say my journey was very frustrating as some of the staff are really irresponsible and careless.

Let me give you one of the examples. The reason why I have chosen Simonds Homes is because I like the kitchen cupboard in one of its display homes. I thought it would be easy to make my dream come true just by following the display house's design, but it was not the case even though I had expressed my wish clearly for numerous times to the sales consultant, the CRC and the person who I have signed the contract with. Although they made some amendments because of my continuous complaints, it is still not completely what I had wanted, but they said that was all they could do. I feel that is still not good enough and they could have made it look better.

Besides that, the contract was full of mistakes and errors. If I had not checked it carefully, I would have double paid for many items. Apart from that,whenever I wanted to ask the CRC about some questions, I have always had to try many times and waited several weeks for her replies. The answers were different from the first site supervisor, which confused me a lot about who was right. They told me initially that it would take 4 months to complete building the house but in fact it took 1 year. The concrete slab was done on 10/06/2017 but I only got keys on 07/06/2018.

However, I appreciate [name removed] for appointing [name removed] as the second site supervisor. If he had started the job from the beginning, I would have moved into the house earlier and there would not have been so many defects that he had to fix. He is such a dedicated and considerable man. He answered my calls all the time and fixed the problems promptly and properly. He even came over to the house in his spare time to help us. He cares about me from all aspects and treats me like a real human being. I sincerely appreciate his efforts and work, and believe that he is an absolute treasure to Simonds. He helped restore the reputation of Simonds, thus he definitely deserves an award for what he has done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Grace, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts you as... read more »

Thank you Amanda! I am still waiting for someone to contact me. Regards, Grace

Victoria

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

If You Want To Throw Your Money Away Build With Simonds - I Regret Spending Our Hard Earned Money Wi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

From when we went to gallery i had a bad feeling, as everything there they virtually rushed through and the person doing electrical, insulation, heating/cooling wasn't in so we weren't even shown anything from those area's and when we voiced our concerns we were reassured everything would be fine. Site supervisor wasn't great we had to report issues we found while they were constructing that he either ignored or didn't see which i find hard to believe especially when vanity was lifting off wall and roof plumbing was leaking leaving huge puddles just to name a few things. A while after moving in we noticed a slow water leak into our kitchen island from under the sink which caused shelves to swell. This was reported in the 3mth maintenance schedule. We have been in our home for 12mths and shelves still not fixed, and still things reported on 3mth inspection remain unfixed. Over 6 appointments made where I had to take time off work and nobody turns up. Gas leak into our cupboard in which nobody took responsibility for and we were lumped with paying the huge bill. Carpet lifted in corners, roughly painted and so on. The open pantry shelves aren't built or designed properly. We are a household of 2 so our pantry isn't brimming with food but yet every shelf is bowing and lifting off the wall panels and this is because no support has been placed in the centre and the front of each shelf and Simonds refuse to fix the issue. They offered to fix it as it is but not add in supports which is ridiculous as it will keep on happening. Even tried raising my issues with the regions maintenance manager only for him to totally ignore my emails and phone calls and not respond to anything.

They all bend over backwards to secure the sales but during the build they lose interest and then once your house is built they try and wipe you, they have their money so they don't really care for you as a customer. The maintenance is appalling.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigate... read more »

Sunbury

Private message

Multiple sales consultants who don’t know their products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

We went through three different sales consultants prior to Gallery... every one made multiple errors which we had to keep changing.
However one thing we were told over and over was that the triple stacker doors we wanted were in the contract. (You assume they know their stuff, we don’t know what the door codes mean). We even ordered matching screen doors through Simonds. Fast forward to the build. Doors go in, correct size but our beautiful triple stacker doors only have one moving panel... thus they are not stackers. But guess what, the screen doors will be stackers. How does that work? We get in touch politely to Simonds to talk about this and they say they’ll send someone out. Sounded so promising. He says he’ll get back quickly, two weeks later we get the phone all to say that Simonds will fit doors at our cost $1200 each if we’d like. ARE YOU FOR REAL? Every salesperson was under the impression this door code was triple stacker door. Yet, Simonds is too tight to honour their customer. Disgusted by the level of unprofessionalism. If Simonds believes that we should know the codes, give us a definition of these.
We spent every last cent on upgrades to make our dream Bolton a reality. We paid $6000 for a raised ceiling in the kitchen and wanted the flow outside, yet the door here and in our lounge mean our beautiful in door outdoor flow are a real disappointment. We should not have to pay full replacement for totally new doors. Pay the probably $250 difference in the product we were sold and the product we asked for, yes. Don’t be stingy Simonds. You are a huge company. Look after your customers.

Our exterior upgrades cost over three thousand and we chose the brick and mortar from a big wall display at Simonds Gallery. The mortar was noted as off white. once again, we had to trust in our salespeople. BIG MISTAKE! Turns out the mortar at the Gallery was not off white. Needless to say our exterior is a big disappointment. What do Simonds have to say? It’s in the contract.

Very disappointed. It has really put a dampener on our build. Had hoped for a more professional, knowledgeable and customer caring company.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Cait. Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service at all. I want to make sure all your concerns are... read more »

54406. [Name Removed] said the above . We said this wasn’t good enough and basically had to get hard, adding that we’d turn to social media. He is now taking another look into this. It’s a shame th... read more »

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Poor Response after handing over

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Further to the keys being handed over at that point in time there were 14 pending items (28th Feb 2018). As I write this review its the 14th of May, There are still 8 pending work. The list of items grows by the day. Never ever go with Simonds office at point cook. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand does. I dont know if there is really someone who care for the customers. I am a person with Asian Background. I dont know if this treatment is MET OUT to people who are different background. Is there SOMEONE who is reading this in SIMONDS. I am thinking of posting my grievance on to FACEBOOK

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ravi, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investiga... read more »

49308. You know what Tristan, you said the same thing last time but no one contacted me.

Simonds Official

Hi Ravi, I've just spoken with our operations manager, and this time we'll make certain someone contacts you to resolve your concerns.

Sorry to hear about your frustration, but thank you for your patience,
Tristan.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Too late. No positive response on follow up.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Taking too long for construction. since last 2 months no progress in construction. Already liquidity damage period started. Customer case officer ([name removed]) not coming on phone when I call. Everytime I have been told that [name removed] is on annual leave by receptionist. No one is responsible in office staff or construction site staff.

Don't construct your dream home by Simonds homes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Paresh, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investi... read more »

N0888

Simonds Official

I've forwarded your request straight to our operations manager. Please don't hesitate to get in contact again if your issues persist.

Best wishes,
Tristan.

Snake valley

• 3 comments
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2015

DO NOT BUILD WITH THEM! Read this first!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Save yourselves the hassle guys, it’s just not worth it.

My partner and I decided to build our first home with Simonds three years ago.
It has been an endless MESS ever since. Never Again!

Their sales department are fantastic and a breeze to deal with, unfortunately, that’s where all compliments end.
It’s their aftercare service you need to place more emphasis on, because they certainly don’t!

The maintenance manager they assign to you will come out and see the mess they’ve created, assure you they’ll have it all rectified, yet never deliver on their promise.

We’ve had to deal with three different maintenance managers in this time, all of which have behaved in a similar manner. They will address one issue and ignore the rest.

For example, out ceiling frame had separated from a few of the bedroom walls, we had 4ml cracks throughout the house, windows were pulling away from the frame. Upon bringing this to their attention, they sent a painter in to do some quick patch work.

At the time we were oblivious and accepted their quick fix, but when the same issues began to reappear and worse than what they initially were, we immediately made efforts to get in contact.

This is where they begin ignoring your calls and messages for months upon months.
Every so often you will eventually kick up a stink with Head Office and somebody will return your call making more empty promises.

Their Head Office-Aftercare maintenance department is nothing more than an answering machine. Nobody is ever there to take or return your calls.

You’re only covered under structural warranty for a seven year period Folks. It would appear that Simonds Homes employ delaying tactics, just so they can get you past this liability period.

Both my partner and I are very proactive and persistent, yet Simonds have managed to drag this out for three years. I’m pretty sure they’d get most people over the seven year mark and it’s just not acceptable business practice.

Our advice to those who have already made the mistake that we did is- Take them to VCAT! Time is precious, don’t waste it, they’re praying on the possibility you do.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Squeaky B, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are inve... read more »

Hi Tristan, I don’t have the job number on me. You should be able to look it up via property address- Lot 109 Willandra Blvd, Melton West, 3337. You’re aftercare service is terrible. I’d be in... read more »

Whilst you’re at it, why don’t you ask Fluer why she hasn’t bothered to call me back, when she promised she would the following day (Two weeks and counting). Ask Michael why he’s made countless ap... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Never again...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

The workmanship and the build quality is below average. I could easily find lots of defects when moved in, many of them were minor though like painting, flooring in the storage area, cleanliness, stone bench was not polished Etc.
When i went for gallery appointment, they did not have a clue about the changes i have made with sales team.
Customer service was horribly horrible. There is no communication between the departments. Never answer phone calls, honestly never ever .. and i am not joking. I am sure I have left at least 100 voice messages during the construction period to get them to call me back when I questions or needed clarifications as they did not answer phones. I had 4 or 5 CRCs during the construction.
Newly installed refrigeration system broke down and i am calling all these companies to come and have a look as Simonds did not answer phone calls, even the reception?!!! Springvale office ( 30/04/18)
Your excitement will be over after signing the contract (at least my personal experience)
Nobody ..absolutely no one cares about your questions, concerns in this company.
Am sure there will be happy customers but I did not receive any qualities they promised.
This is not what you expect when you spend $450,000 for a house.
I deeply regret that I chose Simonds to build my house and I would recommend everyone stay away from them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Eldhose, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts ... read more »

Ipswich

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Extremely poor workmanship and no quality house

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

My house workmanship was so so extremely very poor workmanship and no quality at all, my garage floor alone had 70 cracks, my bricks mortar was inadequate and with cracks, brick alignment was shocking, very visible plaster in wall and worst in ceiling, supervisor was racist, unprofessional, regreting too much building my house with them. Never go with this builder again, had my retaining wall built but half a meter short, no water drain pipe and dainage gravel the first time they built my retaining wall, ask them to put but damage the upper sleepers. Totally rip off. They render my wall but not that good, they epoxy my garage and flakes it but never repair the crack. Simond will just take you money and will build you a disgrace home. I am so angry to this builder specially to the Supervisor. Never refer this builder to anyone. You can come to my place and see my house how they build it, and decide afterwards but I warn you, had also cracks in the ceiling, substandard paint.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Aye, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are invest... read more »

Hi Tristan, could you please call me on 04335510156, thanks

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Worst I ever seen..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Shocking builder..
Went for final inspection.. Cleaner was cleaning
.. Over 20 plaster board on the floor, 2 manhole with no cover..
House is fully dust.. Manager said all will be cleared today.. Signed the papers got final invoice.. Bank Paid final payment..
Settlement done, went to see the house.. Nothing cleaned.. Garage full of buildings materials over 20 plaster sheet manhole still open..
Called side manager for cleaning and appliances install.. Never answered or replied to my call.. After calling head office side manager called and said will be all done after 4 days.. Waited for 4 days, none came to fix, side manager never reply calls.. We living in the house about a week without hot water or cooker..
Can't park the car inside the garage, full of rubbish and building materials...
Very sad all this happening in Australia..
My advise to everyone, don't even think about this builder.. During my whole process side manager never answer or pick up the calls.. All ways need to call office, then only I get call from side manager..
Our first dream was spoiled by this builder..
We got dirty house.. With no appliance which we paid for....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rajen, thank you for your message. We are very sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contact... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Disgusting Experience Would Not Recommend This Builder To Anyone!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

My issues with my crappy build never seems to end!
Site sup was on holidays for at least 7 weeks of the 12 weeks taken to build my home, no inspections were been completed so dodgy tradies kept taking shortcuts.

Driveway was poured incorrectly it took an additional 4 weeks to rectify this.
I moved in to my new house with no appliances or hot water, moved in Friday, all things were fitted on Monday (although the occupancy permit states that all appliances are to be fitted prior to handover.

Once services were installed and hooked up the water was turned on and allegedly due to some party trying to steal copper piping from the roof, the house was flooded from the ceiling, this has created massive issues of cracking and ceiling starting to lift, also the repairs on the wall were dodgy they have just painted over the watermarks without water proofing it so the watermarks are still visible, simonds management have refused to replace the carpet in the affected room as they deem it to have dried in a timely manner and that mould won't be an issue.

When they went to turn the gas on they discovered a leak somewhere, Tuesday when they came back out to rectify it turned out a screw had been put thru the gas line by an overhead cupboard.

One of the smoke detectors (until recently) had been defective (although I advised my supervisor of this back in October) he brushed it off as it's fine. 5 months later in my maintenance period they deem it to be faulty and replace it (guess I should be grateful that my house didn't catch fire while I slept)

My first time using the laundry (washing machine) led to me siting on the laundry floor while I did the washing to ensure no issues, well aren't I lucky that I did that... the machine starts its rinse cycle and water comes pouring out of 3 sections in the u bends as they didn't seal and tighten them correctly.

When we had consistent rain, the rain would get in thru the front door and was getting in thru an unsealed gap in the master bedroom window.

There has also been a couple of sections in the wall where it has bubbled due to water gaining access inside the ceiling and pooling.

The roof insulation was done with the minimum amount of batts (last week the insulators came back out and relayed the entire roof) due to the been sections with no insulation and insulation batts standing upright (not lying flat over the ceiling) they required an additional 2.5 bags of insulation and close to 3 hrs of labour to get the roof to where it should have been prior to Handover.

Back in December I commenced my front garden, I planned to put some small pot plants along the front of the house, I used a manual hole digger to dig 4" deep holes and cut straight thru the recycled water line, I also unearthed the mains water line. This took an additional 3 months of daily phone calls to simonds management for them to finally arrange someone to come out and dig out and bury the lines at the minimum of 300mm as per Victorian building regulations.

Today I had the tradies out to paint all the movement in the window and door frames, only to discover 5 hrs later when I went out to water my new lawn that the painters have shaken there paint brushes over the lawn leaving white paint on the grass, letterbox and driveway, they also tipped there turps on the new grass and have killed parts of it off.

Overall a nightmare of an experience and will gladly tell anyone who mentions simonds to check there reviews throughly before getting in bed with a company who won't care about you once they have you final payment, even when there trades and them as a business have broken multiple building violations and not heeded the occupancy permit conditions.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Matt, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is absolutely not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investig... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Extremely Disappoint about service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

I am extremely disappointed from Simonds QLD. As a loyal customer, our family had purchased few houses from them, and also had introduced many friends to them without any benefit. However, we had lost our faith to them with their poor services. . We have two houses building with them currently at Southside of Brisbane. They had made few mistakes in this project and had not shown any sincerely attitude to solve their problems. Me and my sister bought a house in 2015-16 to demolish and subdivde the lands for two houses. Initially, we intended to live in them (one each) to build our dream home. We dedicated on our time and spent lots of time to design our home with multiple colour selection visits. As time goes by, they had exceed 220 days building periods (Building approval obtained on 30/5/17). Until now, we realised they had tricked customers by putting penalty rate as 11 dollars per day. After consulting with my friend who worked in construction industry, according to HIA contract, the late build payment minimum of 50 dollars per day. This act has shown their unprofessionalism to not letting customers know their right and simply they feedback is that because we have signed contract, there is nothing they can do about (so please make sure you read your contract properly).
Not only they delay our building time, they had also completed the driveway that we did not request for (we initially only want one house's driveway to be done so that we can design the other one). They subsequently had requested us to share their cost. Given there is a great delay, we did not want to waste any more time, therefore, we reluctantly paid the cost and leave the driveway. Again, after consulting with other builders, legally, we are not obligated to pay any of fee for additional driveway simply this was their mistake.
Due to the delay, my sister has commitment at oversea and no longer wish to wait. We are preparing to sell one of the house. We then realised they had incorrectly made Balustrades for both Homes when agents brought customers to the house. We have lost a few potential buyers due to their mistake (my agent has expressed their concern that customers had questioned their professionalism because they simply put advertisement with wrong design).
After email conversations with build managers at QLD Simonds, they would like to extend 15 days for correction of mistake, given they are already 50 days exceed from the building period. We had patiently waiting for our dream home to be built. Instead of waiting for their rectification of their multiple mistakes, we had requested them to simply to provide cash back for the cost of changing our balcony/colour/balustrades. However, they refused to do so and insist they can only provide rectification of houses and willing to pay $11/day delayed fee as per contract.

They cannot simply understand how much patient we have given to them and how frustrated we are to them. I think this is the time for everyone to know what Simonds as a builder can do when we do not know the law/customer right. I would appreciate if everyone can share this to people who intended to build with them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Arron, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Violating my contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

It came to my attention that Simonds are violating my contract. This is our first home. We are very excited and happy but Simonds are ruining our feelings and hopes.
We signed the contract with Simonds laster year November. All the initial payments were cleared in December.
But,
The date they have provided us for the construction commence is 20th April. According to the contract, both parties agreed and signed says they start construction approximately 2 months after initial payments made. But, the suggested date takes more than 4months from the date we made the payments.
Our Customer Relationship Coordinator is not very helpful. She doesn't answer calls or replies email. We have to send lots of emails and voicemails to get a reply.
Very disappointing.
I have seen lots of good comments. That's why we selected Simonds. But, what I have understood so far is they are good just to follow procedures. If anything comes beyond that they fail.
I would never ever recommend Simonds to anyone and I won't go with them again.
They simply don't care us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Daman, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investig... read more »

Hi Tristan,
Thank you very much.I was contacted by Simonds. I really appreciate the way Simonds address the issue and I was given a HOPE. will see how things go from here.

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Worst Builder in operation be very careful it's an entrapment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Simonds builder is a bunch of amateur and thieves, a rip off to avoid at any cost.

I have chosen the Simonds Builder on the advice and instruction of one colleague and have received evidence from him, that he paid a similar construction price during the same month of last year 2016 living about 200 metres apart at Mernda VIC 3754, dealing with same sales agent [name removed], at the Mernda office at the time. They advertised for a cheaper rate but at signing of the contract, the final payment of the has comes at a whooping cost paid in excess in my estimates after research, the price for a 4 bedroom house with double size garage and lots more inclusions. The Simonds Builder has a reputation even by real-estate agents to cut it to the bone. They use cunning tactics in pressuring me to sign a contract and close a deal that did not look anything similar of what we discussed and promised. The Simonds builder has made no attempt to contact me or return my calls, during all stages of construction access to the Building Site to view the progress of the Work but was harassed to pay for all stages on time. They have reduce my construction house to a shocking smaller version looking, small-size unit: Being my first house, with little knowledge of prices, sizes and inclusions at the time I was left instead with a seriously small nugget 3-bedroom size house with a single garage which has almost no inclusions, a very small kitchen with no dining room area and a very small living room area which is attached to the kitchen area. The bathroom and toilet in all mix with the laundry facilities built with no bathtub, an all-in one room and no floor drainage system and cupboards ect. All fixtures and fittings including gas system, carpet, tiles, kitchen cupboards and bench tops, toilet and showers are of really cheap materials and the kitchen bench tops were incomplete, of cheap quality and squeeze to fit. The kitchen walls were left empty without shelving, cupboards and cabinets, the whole house looks unfinished and incomplete. The cost to extend and renovate and extend the existing small house to include only a small veranda and to replace and all useless and cheap fittings existing and unfinished works will cost above the 4- bedroom house with double garage with lots more inclusions. The Simonds builder has made no attempt to contact me, or return my calls to inspect the Building Site at key stages during all stages of construction, access to the Building Site to view the progress of the Work, all defects could not be readily visible or ascertained before handover. I am left with no walk-in-ward robes, the tiles and carpet quality were of cheap quality and fabric. There were absolutely no floor boards, no dish washers, bathtubs, cupboards, shelving and choice of tiles. The whole house including the tiles were all bright white and uneven. There is only one power point in all rooms and no electrical unit outdoors (one external light paying additional with no optional electrical cable fitting to additional lights on poles or around the house). The plumbing was a total failure, the roof downpipes and sub drainage pipes were above ground surface exposing to cracks, wear and tear, and not connected properly to major stormwater pipes, where backflow, retaining water and water blockage can be seen in all CR risers pipes grates, crawlers and bugs can be seen around. The depth of the trench was not respected and no backfill quarry materials rocks were used which is ruining the UPVC pipes and sewage pipes system quickly. There are no AGI pipes used. Some roof sub drainage pipes/Downpipes does not even seems to be connected to the major storm water pipes which needs verification if it is properly connected to the storm water council pit as wet land can be seen around the house. On the front yard main room an oversize windows is framed with weatherboards on battens which I declined to add but the builder’s agent still went ahead to add it on plans, it is now with cracks lining appearance in Master Bedroom where not window shutters can be installed and no matching curtain rails and curtains can be found to fit excessive larger size. The Carport driveway is tiny and small has an incomplete concrete work and left with a large gap making it difficult to bring the car in-out without having the tires and car to dip inside the vegetation area next to front yard fences and has to take extra care not to scratch your car also due to the unnecessary larger pier closer to the garage door. All rain water on the carport driveway is going around the lager pier which is causing cracks, it is not all diverted to the grate/curbside trench channel drain (storm water heel guard grate) next to the garage door which is also not connected to the drainage pipe/ roof sub drainage pipe. The curbside trench channel grate is lumpy and has catch retaining stale water and debris and is also net level to flow the water out, where crawlers next to garage door can be seen. The rain water is instead going under the concrete carport, around the pier and under the concrete slab causing cracks. Excessive moisture even on hot days can be seen on soil including bugs and crawlers on hot days around as the sub drainage riser pipes and walls. The sub drainage down pipes which is above ground and needs to be re-installed and connected and level properly underground as the depth of the trench was not respected and has retaining stall water and backflow in all risers as it not connected properly to flow the water out into the main storm water pipe. The silt pit water trap on the passage way is also leaking and not connected properly and placed in the middle on the passage way in an awkward position not even mentioning the missing silt pit/catch basin and CR risers pipes not installed as per plan. The eaves gutters is leaking on both sides of the house, it is causing water molds on the brick wall, ruining my awnings and backdoor, it is damaging the concrete wall and roof framing the in the process. The eaves gutters has no catch debris, mesh wire filter, and the water debris are polluting the waterway. Since Simonds did not make the effort to put temporary fences until I made several complaints about it, lots of external rubbish were dumb on my site that I have to pay additionally to get rid of. Nevertheless, after the construction the backyard was again left in an absolute mess including concrete waste and lots of builder’s construction materials and food scrap rubbish left onsite and some buried underground instead of throwing it in their construction bin waste. The Simonds have made no effort whatsoever in dealing and rectify the issue. They also give preferential treatment to some clients as my colleague on the other hand has received an impressive form of kickbacks paying the same price as me but the inclusions were as follows: Choice of a style of house with 4 bedrooms a and double size garage: Central heating and cooling system, Walk-in ward robes, Extra sitting room, dining area and Larger living room area, larger kitchen area and appliances including: Drawings, and Cupboards: Stone bench tops looking, a separate room for laundry area, a separate bathroom including bath tub, shower and wash basin, a separate toilet room, better entrance door with large quality style handle, Master bedroom includes bathtub, and better cornices and painting and floorboards, in other terms a deluxe package. The BAL payments were also not included on his contract but included in mine, none of what I mentioned above were included in my contract paying the same price. This has been my worst nightmare and would never recommend at any cost the Simonds Builder to anyone, a company who uses really cheap and flimsy materials and tradespeople and sub-contractors that uses cheap amateurs or apprentices to build a house with little experience and knowledge, and cut corners. The building supervisor who doesn’t even inform you on the progress of the construction workload and not even onsite to verify the work done by their building contractors and tradespeople, a company that seems to offer kickbacks to some and cut you off to the bones to most clients and even further if you got little knowledge of the industry. You only ask yourself, how did they get signing approvals by a building surveyor to sign off each mandatory notification stage of construction, with so many apparent mistakes and you ask yourself, if they were even present judging by the Simonds builder company’s longtime existence in the business. Above all, I have paid way above the cost price and I was left with a house of cards built with match sticks. Despite all efforts to try to get them to fix the above issues not one single job been fix as at this day.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rio, I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We'd like to know more information about the events of your build. Could you plea... read more »

The job Number is 45770 there have only been one Supervisor Mr. Paul Arceman and one plumber from Dynamic came in after several request but the job done was incomplete and done in a perfunctorily way, it's still got a lot to complete unfortunately.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Poor Admin and False commitment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I have signed contract on July-2017 to build two story house. However, due to lack of staff, poor communication and delay in file processing as today (13/12/2017) construction has not commence at our site. The sales staff shows different picture while signing for initial amount but in realty its different, they(sales staff) they can't do much about it.

They are getting more jobs. However, they have not enough resources staff,contractors to fulfill the promise and that results, I am paying for rent and mortgage for my land as well. If anyone, want to review and confirm my scenario I would like to share, so you will opt for better alternative.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Varun, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we have ensure a team member contacts you as... read more »

Hi Tristan, The work has commence on 21/12/2017, it is 25th week since it has started and they have not finished the "LOCKUP" stage still cladding, alfresco and garage roof is not finished yet. On... read more »

1 of 11 pages