Wyong

• 3 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Bad experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Gallery process was too long many mistakes made there house started end of June building work not acceptable frame and windows not level plasterboard little or no glue now has to be removed gas pipes installed yet all electric appliances brickwork at front not level has to be demolished. These jobs are not supervised daily so tradesman are doing shoddy work. I just want my house built to a good standard.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Charlie,
Thanks again for your review. We passed your details onto the relevant team to be investigated.
Best wishes

Still waiting for a reply from head office

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Worst decisions ever taken building with Simonds

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Firstly Simonds head office rush me to choose wrong building products such as tiles, kitchen cabinets, bathrooms and signing documents which I didn't properly understand the clauses that come with it. Paying for electricity and gas before settlement. Customer service was the poorest experience of my life, the only time you will get a phone call or update is when the invoice payment is due for each stage. So if you, family or friends thinking of building with Simonds please think twice before you make that decision?? I would hate to see you go through that stressful experiences I went to through.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Double, thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number ... read more »

Job 50915

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2014

We have had nothing but issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

We built with simonds in 2013 and moved in 2014. Since then we have had to have simonds come to the house on several occasions to fix issues and still have them coming out to fix their errors.major cracking in concrete floors, windows that are faulty back doors that are loose bricks that are not set properly, front pillars not mortar properly paint issues hard floors lifting house on a lean. We have been waiting for issues to be fixed for four years now.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: May 2018

Test your patience with Simonds

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Construction job supposed to be start from September, 2017.
Contract signed on 14.08.2017
Variation submitted on 16.08.2017
Took 5 weeks to get the quotation for variation!!!! Well that's pretty quick!!!!!
Made us to go to council three times because I wanted to extend my driveways and 3 weeks of delay as well.
Final Drawing submitted 25.10.2017
Developer failed the ACC checks.
Another couple of weeks Delay
Getting Ready to Build Stage 15.11.2017, so that's three months after signing contract.
Started Building.......
PCI Inspection done on 18.04.2018: That's the only best part I have got so far.

Final Inspection failed 3 times due to Brick Layer issue. I know it's cosmetic issue but care should have taken during doing the brick layers. But that type of work doesn't reflect your reputation.

PCI items should be fixed within 14 days. But until date today I have to inspect the house. Because of this I couldn't do the settlement till now. Also it took 4 weeks to get the Occupancy Permit after PCI Inspection.

And there is the best part of Simonds that they will handover the key and will tell you that appliances including heating & cooling will be installed after 5 days. Is these some kind of jokes!!! I have told them several times that I have to travel oversees next week but for these installation I had to postpone it.

Whats on earth making it 5 days to supply heating & cooling which is a basic requirement for a house. And Hot Water System!!!!! Most of the builder do it the same day of settlement or next.

I don't want to pin point on individual. They might be great at other projects but it didn't work well for me. I hope the finishing work would be good and nothing left over today.

Last I would say most of you might not experience the same like us. I think its just the bad luck we were in.

Good luck to everyone. I will be in touch after handover. Couple of things we have learned from building house so far:

1. Choose your own building supervisor. It's your right to choose them and reimburse money from builder for that. If you do that You might need not to book independent inspector. That will ultimately save your money.
2. Make sure waffle pod aligned properly during pre-slab stage
3. Check the all pipe locations at Pre-Slab stage
4. Check frame quality and make sure the frame doesn't go far from the Slab.
5. Must Inspect for all the five claims. Also try to visit with building Supervisor which I had never got a chance.
6. Check the brick layer orientation at lock up stage. There are some guidelines on website for that
7. Talked to your building supervisor on regular basis to reduce communication gap.
8. Always ask them about the whole procedure so that you have clear understanding what they are doing.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Well, After the handover, Still couple of PCI items are not fixed. You need to call your Site Supervisor 10 times and you are lucky if you get the response. I guess I have to deal with it as Site S... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Disappointed with the quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

The workmanship and the build quality was poor as what we had imagined. we were told to expect great results in the end but the build process was made so difficult for us. Our supervisor changed, then at the last minute they told us that the selected tiles are not available due to out of stock, really you got to be kidding. we had to chose the tiles and rush to the tile place to select new tiles. One thing we couldn't understand that the tiles were selected 6 to 8 months before and how come they become out of stock on the day, also the company where we were sent to re- select the tiles said the tiles are always in stock and there is no issue. There was no compensation for that from simonds and they could not explain the reason to us. When they handed over, we noticed that the bricks texture were different and after enquiring we were told that simonds ordered bricks in different batches. How this is even possible and not inform the customer about this, because after handover nothing can be changed. I will definitely not recommend Simonds to anyone!!!!!. very disappointing.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ally, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are inves... read more »

Job no 50901

no one contacted us since the time this is posted. I don't know what else to say

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Really bad experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2018

We have moved into our house and some of the things still needs to be done which builder said will be done once internet connection is installed at the property now it's been three months I have asked the builder to install the smart hub which we paid for and they gave us the number of the company and told us to contact them.. They always say they will call us back but nothing so far. Sent messages through messenger to simonds as someone else might help us but they read my complaint but not a single reply. Sent an email to help @simonds still no reply back. We had so many issues through out our journey now I have to take this step as no one in simonds want to listen and they have got the money. Only thing I can do now is express my feelings on the social media.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Singh, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. I want to make sure all your concerns are investiga... read more »

It's been nearly two months since I posted my last review and only few things have been completed and rest are still to be completed we as a customer have to wake sleeping Simonds up to come and fi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Lies and lack of information

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Customer service was dreadful we were doing an express home, on the add for the house on simonds paper it days 18 week guarantee build. Even now on internet says 18 weeks. Read contract it days 140 days not 18 weeks at All. What they don't tell you is RDO and holidays get subtracted. The office was meant to give us a building schedule, never happened so when we questioned why its not ready in 18 weeks they said oh your schedule hasn't been printed yet you should have been given that at beginning. Also builder tells us we should have also had a web site to log in and check on progress, didn't happen. Then they tell us oh your house will be first built on block. Private Builder had done 3 houses to brick stage before they even started. Told us they were waiting on council funny but other builders said they had no issues getting council papers. So everyone is building except simonds. Then our slab goes down and sits for 3 weeks with nothing. Other simonds homes start but ours just sits. I called office and got lame excuses. 3 weeks later we find out from the big boss everyone has been lying to us. House should have been settled latest 15 Dec we were told it would be November easy well looks like late Feb now. Then there is the extras they add on. Changes to the rules they say. They make you pay for water and electric they use not in contract. They say oh we used it to build your house. Other builders include it in there cost as we don't own till settlement. Haven't moved in yet but it's been a nightmare from beginning. Office girl who was dealing with us got the sack because she had stuffed us around and by the sound of things others as well. Builder says office do not communicate with builders at all. Would not recommend going with simonds. Use a private builder who includes landscaping and fence in price. It will be faster and cheaper. People ate now living in the other houses since last Nov done by private builders our so called express home is still waiting.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Michael, I'm sorry to hear this. Can you please send us through your build number so we can get in contact and fix these issues up for you ASAP?

Bairnsdale

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Warranty and maintenance is terrible

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

We build so many houses with Simonds, the building process quite smooth and work well. Sale person very helpful, colour selection absolutely fantastic. No issue or hiccup. Customer relation was terrible and was rude and despite a repeat customer.

Maintaining team is the worst and now all we see Simonds is a nightmare for us. They try to get out as much as they could.
Our shower base was leaked after 4 years, so I contacted the site supervisor ([name removed]) he used to look after our house and also the current new house too. He advised us calling local branch in Bairnsdale. So I called the Bairnsdale branch, they never answered their phone. So I left the message and never get back to us.
Couldn't wait any longer, I decided to put the silicone around the edge of the shower base to stop the leaked. Time has gone by months, the leaked came back. So I had enough and call their head office in Traralgon but then they gave us the email and ask to contact their maintenance team via email. Finally, I was able to contact [name removed] and she asked [name removed] from Traralgon office out to see our shower leaked. The final result from [name removed] was
"I inspected your ensuite shower which has been leaking, on the 04/05/17 At your request. I found that someone had applied silicone right along the gap under the “Simonds Channel”. This channel is designed to allow water to escape into the shower base. Because someone has applied silicone to this gap, the warranty for the shower has now been void and Simonds can take no further action in this matter.
I would suggest that you have a contractor remove the silicone as soon as possible." (Thank you, Simonds, if your team respond and fix the problem, then I have to put silicone there to fix it by myself???!!!)

This time, we just got another brand new From Simonds house and handed over in early November 2016 which is 8 months old. The solar hot water panel got leaked. So we rang the maintenance team again, [name removed] was direct us to contact Rheem, she said they got nothing to do with the solar hot water?!?. So I contacted Rheem on 4/07/2017. Wait and wait, so I call them back, they said they haven't make the decision yet, so I contact Simonds again, then [name removed] from Simonds asked me to send email to her, so she can forward to her management team and see what they can do. After a week of investigation from Simonds, so today 31/08/2017,
Simond had responded
"Thank you for your email
Unfortunately from what I understand, Rheem have decided to that your solar panels are not covered under
The warranty due to the very low temperature reached in your area.
The Solar panels were not able to withstand the unusually low temperatures that you experienced
In July of this year.

You may be able to claim this through your home insurance policy
I am sorry that we are not able to offer further assistance in this matter."

Thank you, Simonds!! you had done it again. You know our Victorian climate is extreme why you install solar on without cover frosted? So every time we going into winter, we have to claim to the roof and cover up with heat blanket for our hot water solar???

To anyone who builds with Simonds, please ask them to remove your Solar hot water panel on your contract asap or make them wrote a note on the contract that it does cover in the even of frost.

Thank you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ken, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could... read more »

Thank you Simonds. all issues now been rectified.
thank Peter & Jason for handling this issues very well.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Forget about home, can't build proper driveway

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We built design Maddox home and it has big pillar in middle of the garage, so it needs wider driveway. We're not able to park even hatch back car at right hand side of garage. On our request both Site supervisor and site manager gave us demonstration and both failed. Their north region building manager personally came to check and agreed (in written) to modify driveway but did not hear from them for few months and now they again come with excuse and refuse to fix the issue. I raised my concern before construction started but my customer coordinator did not bother to forward it to relavant department. Initially they gave us all possible excuses and most of them were silly and later on asked us to contact other departments. Our experience is not so good. After moving in one big problem came but maintenance manager was very efficient and fixed the problem within few hours, that's the only nice thing I can say about.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there, I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. If you can send us a private messa... read more »

Job no: 48862

Simonds Official

Thank you for providing your job number. Your details have been sent to a Simonds team member who will be in touch as soon as possible. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything further that we can assist with. Best wishes, Lisette.

• 1 question
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Run while you can!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Everything was perfect whilst dealing with the Sales assistant. He was absolutely amazing, informative and worked to our budget. But all good things ended at this point. They rush you through the gallery appointment. We were given "what to choose" rather than what we wanted, which meant it took double the time getting what we wanted in our house, the finishes, extras and materials. It was very frustrating, we had to do it over 2 sessions and then heaps of emails back and forth because they different teams had different versions of my floor plan. The build itself has been nightmare-ish and extremely long. Contracts were signed in late 2015, construction started mid 2016 and we are now in mid 2017 and we are still waiting for the keys. There has been a lot of rework done due to poor workmanship. We had hired an independent inspector who picked up many many errors against building standards. The time taken fix these repairs was a total nightmare (periods of. 3/4 weeks between stages, current PCI rework has taken 6 weeks and still counting). It's confusing to know what's going on, when an issue is raised the supervisor says e-mail the coordinator, the coordinator says speak to the supervisor. I've pretty much given up and just waiting for a completed house and keys. It's been a long journey but I must admit the service on their behalf has been great. They do attend to issues (eventually), make themselves available to discuss anything and ever so friendly. Sales consultant, coordinator and supervisor live up to the Simonds vision and values but their tradesmen and time management is ever so slow and quality of work is average (except for the tiling and brick work, they are on point!). So many paint marks can be seen, uneven plaster, uneven ceiling!!, scratches on brand new bath tub, site is unclean, Would I build with Simonds again? No!!

Update 5/7/2017 - my house has been "marked as complete" as of 30 May, went for a follow up inspection today just to find the paint job very sloppy. No clean lines around the skirtings, asked why tap wasn't used to get a straight line was told "it's impractical and cost money". Just about to rip my hair out dealing with this house. It's the 4th time the painters been out. Noticed more chips in the paint. Was advised to make a note of these things at the 3 month inspection but that's silly since there is consisted issues throughout the whole house.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. As per your private message to us, I have passed this onto the team and someone will be in touch as soon as possible. Best wishes, Krissie

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2011

Issues with water leaks & bowed ceiling

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

We have had issues with water on our ceiling in the garage. Initially when we contacted Simonds the ceiling was fixed but the cause of the water getting in was NOT.
Therefore, months later we noticed water leaks in the same areas plus additional areas on the ceiling & part of the ceiling has also bowed.
We then contacted Simonds again and the cause of the water leak was fixed but we are still left with water marks on our ceiling & an area of our ceiling bowed. We were told the ceiling would be fixed in a matter of weeks. We have now been patiently waiting approximately 13 weeks with no contact from a plasterer. We are very disappointed in the wait time & communication & have called Simonds on a couple of occasions with no success in having the job completed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi McDonald, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. ... read more »

Job number 25720.

Simonds Official

Thanks McDonald, I'm following this up with the team now.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

very poor service provided.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

We started with Simmonds sales team in June and paid the deposit and attended tender appointment in August. The sales team did a great job helping us with floor plan and everything else. After attended the tender appointment, everything down hill dramatically. The tender draft increased prices and shrink the house size, and changed some part of the design and front setback without consulting us, the tender appointment was very rush as during the 2.5 hours, we were mainly talking about the unexpected changes and fixing up problems, no time to go through all the paper work. We feel that after paid the deposit, Simmonds screw you down and do not care what the customer need at all. No communication between different departments and the reason given for our draft became a mess was the person did the drawing was away for holiday and just tried to finish our drawing prior his or her holiday. When we raised up any concern, the only answer is to fix it at contract appointment. We do not even know whom can we speak with if we are not happy. We met another manager at the gallery appointment and she promised will send email to senior person and cc to us, four weeks already, never heard anything.
We want to get a quote for staircase,the gallery girl told us can get a price within 2 or 3 days. With our case officer, one week later, When I asked her, her answer is she is waiting for the picture to.be emailed to here, this supposed to be done a week ago and she never follow up, now, still no proper price yet after one month. We feel that Simmonds is not reliable and we DO not trust them any more. It is a big decision to go to another builder and lost our deposit, but we'd rather lost thousand dollars now but to have a proper house built and hassles free for the coming months, years. We can't imagine if we sign the contract with simmonds, what will happen with our new house .

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Holly, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your frustration and would like to ensure all of your concerns are addressed. If you could please provide your job number we will e... read more »

It is too late now. I wouldn't mind to give you the job number but no point to do so as we have signed with another builder now. We have tried desperately want to speak with someone who can help ... read more »

Simonds Official

Hi Holly, we would like the opportunity to rectify this and pass onto our senior management team to investigate your experience. This is certainly not a level of service that is acceptable. We woul... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland

Fool me once : You get what you pay for with this bunch.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

Ok so lessons learned from dealing with Simonds.

[name removed], the customer service/sales guy we initially met was one of the best guys I have ever dealt with, he secured the business for Simonds, but unfortunately was the utter highlight and things slowly got worse.

They will screw you between selection phase and contract signing. This is a common theme if you read the reviews. Perhaps in some parts of Australia they have more competent staff than others.

We only got the draft contract a day before the contract signing giving you little time to go through and I believe this is intentional.

The person attending your signing was not there on your selection, so when you ask "Hey, does this xyz code mean the white vanity" they will just say "yea". The truth being they have no clue and you end up with items you did not select.

They sent us a whole list of colour variations and confirmations nearly two months after the contract signing, and a lot of errors are included.

Their contract is entirely focused on making sure they have a legal safety net and nothing about being clear and referable for the customer. I kept hearing 'well, we are a national building company'. Ok, well then pay for a proper contract engineer, because what you provide customers currently is a shambles, and if and when it does eventually get to a court case, it'll be torn apart. I am kind of hoping this is where I end up.

They will rush you and not give you time to properly review the contract against your selections.

They will blame each other for crap ups, building supervisor will blame CSO and CSO will basically fumble through bad answers.

We didn't get one single call or email telling us a stage was finished, we got invoices. It clearly states in the contract they are mean't to call or contact for any updates or changes in dates.

Some of our dates were pushed back, twice, with no contact or reasoning offered.

I was not once offered a site visit, we only got them at our request, not at any stage did our supervisor ask if we wanted to go and review after a stage was complete.

The Simonds user portal is crap. It states stages are finished, you go look, clearly they aren't finished, then you hear that its because 'they go back around for little bits after'. Ok, so put it at 99% complete, no 100% or make your system reflective of the truth.

Builders give their opinions on your colour selections. Guess what buddy, I don't really give a flying one what your opinion is, your job is to build what I have asked for. Not make excuses because of your back office.

In hindsight, the build is ahead of schedule, ill give them that, but it would almost be impossible not to considering the 200 day period they give themselves.

Finish isn't bad.

The house is 90% what we wanted.

Honestly, find the extra $20,000 and go with someone with a better reputation. This turned into a gamble I lost on, but an expensive one at $300,000.

Im summary : They aren't actually that much cheaper, the customer service experience is truly awful. Much like myself, take the change at your own risk.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Good afternoon Random, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed so if you could please provide your j... read more »

Hi Clarissa, I have explored many routes of communications with Simonds, and experienced a variety of blame pointing, denying and out right lying, so the next route is via QBCC. I did not write thi... read more »

Simonds Official

Hi Random, thanks for your message. Our senior management team in QLD would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly. If you would like to supply your job number, our General Ma... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland

Unfair policy and management

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2016

First Simonds miscalculated my account statements it cause after I transferred the loan from bank to simonds account now I should pay $3500 cash more from my pocket. Driveway caused damaged my cars simonds fixed driveway but because 1car was already hail damaged and I couldn't make it full insurance simonds didn't payed for damages and by mistake I got upgrade vanity that does not fit for tape and management said because I didn't pay for upgrade vanities they cannot change the tapes and I should pay for that. I wouldn't supposed to get that vanities and I can not even wash my hand easily now.

Comments
Simonds Official

Good afternoon Arjmand, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed so if you could please provide your ... read more »

Thank you clarissa for your quick post back After i asked them again about changing vanities if they dont want to change taprs i got new email today about changing tapes today . Its seems good im... read more »

Simonds Official

Good morning Arjmand, thank you for following up and advising that the matter has been successfully resolved. Should you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are here to help! Regards, Clarissa.

Pakenham

• 4 comments

Here for 2 months and can't get anything fixed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2016

The built was fantastic, frame, etc. but the finishing is terrible. Just had no shower from one month faulty shower head, oven fitted a few days after we moved in as they forgot to order it, and they chipped a tile doing it. Paint spots all over the house on the tiles, paint on window frames and glass grout missing in the bathroom, missing paint on ceiling. Things on the final inspection still not done and carpet lifting, and wearing through we have only been here for 2 months. Sick of leaving messages and not getting phone calls back, and sending emails and getting we will follow it up. Nothing is fixed!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Markita, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a frustrating experience. This certainly isn't the level of service and build that we aim to deliver. If you can please let me know your job numbe... read more »

Any help would be great as I'm really sick of ring and emailing and then just waiting

• 4 comments

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria

It was a difficult journey.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

- The workmanship was not excellent. We did not get what we chose during gallery appointment. We trusted the customer service to tick the things we chose but this was not the case.
- My building was not managed very well. My building supervisor was changed several times which caused few issues.
- Customer Service from the very beginning to the end was very poor.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Raman, I'm sorry to hear that you've had troubles with your build, this is certainly not the level or service we aim to deliver. If you could let me know your job number by either posting here o... read more »

It has been over 15 months since we moved into house and every now and then we come across something strange. Absolutely rubbish.....
I am thinking of my next house and I don't think I will choose Simonds as my builder again.

Also, my job number was 41397......In case you really think of your customers............

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria

Averagre poor average ok

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

Sales rep was fantastic and then customer service person never spoke to us and was hard to get hold of. Gallery appointment was ok but couldn't confirm any costs so was hard to add things in that if we knew how much extra we had in the budget would have upgraded. Building supervisor was good up until the end when he cracked it with us and was abusive when we pointed out bad quality workmanship, chipped tiles, paint over lights, etc. the phone number for maintenance went to nowhere no message no answer, couldn't lock the front door as it didn't line up took over 5 months to fix. Now 2 1/2 years later a big crack in the garage (and we don't even park cars in there), and yesterday big crack in the bricks above one of our windows. Wouldn't provide details of extra site costs, had things in there including fences that were written down and charges for but were not needed where we built. Over all a little disappointing.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Andrew, sorry your house, and build journey were disappointing. Can you please provide your best contact details and if you can remember it your job number by emailing help@simonds.com.au?

Job number was 35583

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia

Wouldn't recommend at all!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2016

Just got our keys and had a walk through prior for them to fix things, none of them have been done and now don't even have phone calls returned. Terrible after sales service, many 'shortcuts' taken through the build (ie. Coastal protection not honoured and standard nails used on frame). Delivery drives damaged garage entrance, then tried to patch and now have it painted a completely different colour to what was discussed... Building site was not cleaned up well at all with materials left which still haven't been picked up??! Selections were missed on the contract and they refer back to the signed contract which is a joke - it's as though they expect you to check model details and etc on every detail... What happened to good old customer service?? If I was to run my business like they do i would have no work!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry to hear that your experience hasn't lived up to expectation. This is certainly not the level of service and quality of build we aim to deliver. If you could let me know your job ... read more »

Job number SA702

Torquay VIC 3228

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria

Poor Quality Control

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2015

Hi, I built with Simonds Homes last year and found the overall experience poor.
The sales/contract team couldn't get my building plans right with items being missed constantly.
The build quality was terrible. The brick work was of the poorest quality I've seen, resulting in all the mortar courses around the whole house having to be painted.
Most of the windows were scratched from trades resulting in glass having to be replaced (this was a battle).
A waste point was overlooked/not installed, resulting in the floor/yellow tongue being cut up (to install the waste point) and not being re-fixed properly before flooring was laid.
Simonds tried charging me extras for standard inclusions, which I disputed and won.
The building supervisor was nice, but the quality control was not there.
Simonds were good repairing screws that had popped through the ceiling and other items when the three months maintenance came around.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm sorry your experience hasn't lived up to the level which we aim to deliver. I'd like to look into the specifics of your job in mor... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Not what I expected

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2015

Customer service lady was great, the workmanship and quality of the home was not good at all cupboards were falling off after only 8 weeks the house was handed over dirty I asked for it be cleaned. The toilet roll holders were crooked & loose. Will never build again with them. Our NBN was also installed incorrectly & they had to come and fix it. Was guaranteed to be in before xmas didn't get in mid February.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi R.reuben. Sorry to hear that there have been issues with the house at and after hand over. If you can please let me know your job number, I'd like to look into the specifics and then address each of your concerns.

Thank you however we have now put the house for leave and have tenants in there as we want are building again, due to unhappiness of the home. These can be rectified once I have spoken to the tenants.

1 of 2 pages