Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Fast build time and best bang for your buck!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I found Simonds was a really good company to build with. All the staff I dealt with were extremely helpful.
After giving Corey (sales representative bendigo) my budget and requirements he then gave me a few different designs.
Alicia (CRC bendigo) would call regularly to check in and make sure I was happy with how things were traveling.
The final cost was exactly what I'd been quoted, which included a few add ons that I had asked for.
Was really happy with final product after Ryan (site supervisor) got a few little issues sorted before handover

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Matt, Great to hear you had a positive experience building with us! We'd love to pass this feedback directly through to the team on your account, if you could supply a job number we can make su... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Very happy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Extremely happy with our new home!!! We did have a few issues/ mishaps during our build but Justin was great & very quick to get them fixed up for us ASAP! Once our construction started communication with our site supervisor, Justin was excellent & our home was built in no time at all! I would happily build again with Simonds homes!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Emily, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you were happy with Justin's assistance during your build and that all issues/mishaps were fixed. If you wish to, please provide yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2019

No Hassle !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

As a first home buyers we were bit nervous about the whole process, but when we met Jamal at Simonds display home we were surprised to know how the process handled at Simonds, Thanks to Jamal it's probably because of him we have chosen Simonds as our builder. Jamal was very helpful during the early stages and has done great job. Now we are in the early stages of our construction and Dina Pjevo is our Customer Relationship Coordinator and frankly speaking she has been very good and helpful as well. she has processed all our request on time and her friendly approach was excellent. "I would rather say excellent customer service".

We haven't met our building supervisor yet due to his busy schedule "even though building construction has started". but all good and hoping to meet our building supervisor soon.

Overall we have had a very good experience with this building process.
Thanks to Simonds team.

Sudha Raj

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sudharaj, Thanks for the great feedback. Great to hear that you have trusted Simonds to build your first home and that you are currently pleased with all team members involved in your build. If ... read more »

Paynesville, Victoria

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Great House.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Point of sale - Chris sold us the house and was very helpful.
Was not happy with costs of extras. Had to forgo one of the most important ones to me as the cost of a Stack in the kitchen, plus a double oven and hotplate - all Technika - ended up being about $10,000.00. When I complained about the cost - I had checked all this out - (Jodie was away on holidays) I was told well "Simonds has to make a profit". So I ended up getting your standard.
Workmanship and build quality were excellent.
Build went very well. Well managed and before time.
Our building Supervisor - Jason Martens was very helpful during the course of the build. Jodie Lampkin the CRC was always there to help - big time.
Excellent team.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jan and Albert, Thanks for the great feedback. Great to hear you are happy with the people involved with your build and that you find the workmanship and build quality excellent. If you wish to,... read more »

Job No. 56384. Thank you.

Lang Lang

Private message

I want to build with Simonds again

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

-fairly well managed, there was a few hand over changes in the beginning in terms of supervisors and sitee managers but the build in general seemed to run smoothly, the house was up in no time and to an excellent standard, no need to fix or re-do sections
-workman ship was exceptional, slab was smooth, frame sturdy and square, accurate plumbing, electrical, fixtures, no damage during the build
-Simond's handled all issues to the best of their ability, only hold up was the gas installation which was out of their hands but everything was well communicated in a timely and honest manner
-final and estimated cost were pretty much on par, only had a few extras to add in post contract as they weren't picked up in the estate guidelines til after, but we were provided with numerous options to cater to our budget, personal choices etc
-If i had the funds to build again I would definately choose Simonds, they make it such a personal experience, wanting you to get the house you want plus working with your budget, they make the whole process easy and simple

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Emily, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you would build with Simonds again and that you found the entire building experience a positive one. If you wish to, please provide... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2019

Love the house and people. Hate the pee in my toilet that they did not flush after used

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

The overall service from Simonds has been good to very good.

Here are the things that we like:
1. We love our new house.
2. Lovely and friendly staffs – Jessica, Cameron, Brittany, and the nice lady who helped us with the floor tiles.
Construction Supervisor, Cameron A. has a good knowledge and I enjoyed when he took me around the property every time I paid a visit during and after the construction. I have been asking him more than 50 questions and they were well answered. I am happy to work with him again in the future.
3. Senior Customer Relationship Coordinator, Jessica T. has been good to us from day one to help with any questions and issues I have had. She is the main point of contact for most of the questions and the coordinator of my bank. I would say that she has made my life a bit easier. I am happy to work with her again in the future.
4. Sales consultant, Brittany R. has been very supportive during the overall drawing and planning of the house. She has been driving me and my partner to a number of lands and examples of houses every weekend for about 3-4 weeks. I can even remember her car number and the colour of her lip. She is very nice, friendly and informative. I like the way she suggests us with a number of to do or not to do with the house design. I think like a consultant, this is her job to point out the good and the bad of the customer choice (even it may upset the client from time to time). Her suggestions also save us lots of money and give us a better design for our house.
The nice lady who helped us with the floor tiles. I cannot remember her name, but she has a strong red lip with nice a modern fashion (long hair with glasses). I love her suggestions with her ideas and financial. I have to mention that really her suggestion of using a specific colour/tile in some parts of our house. Lovely.
5. Fast in response to any question/issue before and after signing the contract.
6. I like how they left some of the extra material into my garage so that I could use in the future – thank you.

Here are the things that we do not like:
1. Too rush during the visit at their HQ to pick most appropriate product/suggestion. For example, the staff did not remind us about (1) a supply at the fright area; (2) lights in front of the house etc.
2. Residential Lighting & Electrical Consultant, Kelly S. has forgotten to remind us about the lights in front of the house as mentioned above. I still love the house, but it would be nice if she has mentioned it. Having said that, this is also my bad that I did not think of it at the time. However, I think this is why we have a Residential Lighting & Electrical Consultant. Apart from that, her suggestions on the type of light units also good. I like her suggestion of light and air condition.
3. Brittany R. has promised that she will give me a cute house soft toy with Simonds logo on it if we go ahead. However, I still have not received this cute house soft toy with Simonds logo.
4. The lady from Melbourne who helped us with picking product around the house. This is the visit to their HQ. I cannot remember her name or her position. However, she has long hair and was a bit sick on the day. She told me that have to finish picking things today as she has to fly back to Melbourne the next day. I felt like someone is rushing me too much. I think I have made a number of bad decisions because of this reason. Overall, I and my partner were not happy. For example, one of the tap water units on the island in the kitchen is way too small and not a particle to use. I cannot even clean my hand without haft of my island got wet. My wife might be alright with this, but I am not happy with it. We actually paid extra for this product too. Also, I should mention that I almost walk away from their HQ before I felt uncomfortable with the rushing and pushing on the day. I wish that Brittany R. was the person with us on the day.
5. Used my toilet and did not flush the water – disgusting. There is no excuse for this. I understand that the builder or whoever may use our toilet from time to time. I am alright with that. However, please flush the water after you done.
6. One of the builders left the tap water behind the house open until the whole backyard was flooded for days – upsetting. Now, one of the builders next door had to turn off the water for us or where who knows what will happen. I am not sure if this is the cause of the next point.
7. Conveniently let the Simonds builders next door use my power for weeks even after my fence has been installed. After several complaints and no good results. I have mentioned that I will talk to my lawyer if they do not fix it. … then, they have stopped using our power, but after the next door by Simonds almost done with the house. Why do I have to pay for the bill for someone else? If it is a day then ok, not weeks and months. So, will Jessica, Cameron or Brittany would like to pay? No, I don’t think they should pay. It is not their problem. But, how about me? This is not fair.

Overall, I have requested an extra set of eyes from K-Spec Building Consultants to check every stage of the construction. I must say that only minor issues for most of their visit. Only one or two small major issue(s). One thinks that I picked up on my own is that they have painted a wrong colour, but not a big issue.

My Relationship Manager Premier Banking, Yan S. is also another person that I need to acknowledge. She is also one of the coordinators before, during and after this construction. The bank has sent building consultants to evaluate the build after the handover and found no issue.

After a week in the new house. I must say that I love it. There are some minor issues that Construction Supervisor, Cameron A. is very happy to come over or call someone to fix it. So far, these are my experiences. Will I do a business with them again? Too early to tell, but most likely yes.

Regards,
Park T.
Q3515

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Park,
Thanks for the comprehensive review and for also passing on your job number. We will ensure this gets sent to the relevant team. We are glad that overall you love your new house and are happy with the staff members involved.
Best wishes.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2017

love my house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

We love our house and the open feeling of the design that we feel in love with the moment we walked into the display house. We had great people in the office like Heather that worked with us through the build and Jason was great which made it easy except for the weather of course. We are happy in our new house here in Victoria.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Fay and Ron, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the open feeling of the design and that you are happy with the people involved with your build. If you w... read more »

Excellent and thoroughly professional

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Great service from Usman the sales rep to our site supervisor Andrew Mortimer who kept us up to date with weekly progress report phone calls and Alicia Crowe our customer relationship coordinator. First time building with Simonds and would happily chose to build with them again. We are based in Melb and build in regional Victoria so we put a fair amount of trust into our Builder and are very happy with the final product.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Chris, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your first time building with Simonds! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your pos... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2018

First home and On-time!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

This is my first home build with Simonds and couldn't have asked for more. It has been a very positive journey, there were hiccups but they were remediated and handled very well. Quality of workmanship is good and Simonds has been very helpful in understanding us and our needs and help fix them up. The process from start finish has been very good. I would thank, Milli, Alison, Peter and Louise.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rishi, Thanks for the great feedback! We are glad to hear you are happy with the quality workmanship of your Simonds home. If you wish to, please provide your job number so we can direct your ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jun 2018

No hidden costs!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

To be honest, we prepared to pay for some "surprises", however, in the end, there was no extra whatsoever, and all provisions were returned to us. Builders and Customer service officers are very nice too.

The only thing stops me from giving 5 stars is that previous site manager resigned from Simonds mid way and it got delayed for a few weeks; I guess it's no one's fault.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Charles, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your build and the provided customer service. If you wish to, please provide your job number so we can direct... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Commencing Home Build Baringa

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

After a rocky start due to person leaving and house plan changes not being recorded Amanda stepped in and was fantastic. She regained our faith in Simonds and we decided to go ahead with the build. Our trip to the Gallery was great and all the staff were very helpful. The assistance we have received from Maria and Alicia has been really appreciated. We are really looking forward to the commencement of our home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dawnie, Thanks for the good feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the staff members involved and you are looking forward to your new home. If you wish to, please provide your jo... read more »

Job No Q3672

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Great Design

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Overall build quality was good. Slab quality was not. Quality control on some finishing Could have been better but overall we're happy with house. Tradesman timing and speed was well managed by Justin our site manager and build never stalled but was kept moving. Customer service and support from Simonds was good. Site manager was friendly. House plan is great.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dave, Thanks for the good feedback! We are glad to hear that your overall experience was good especially with the staff members involved. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we c... read more »

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

This is first time we have built so was a bit hesitant. The whole process was simple and upfront. We are very happy with build and management of house. Building supervisor Jason was excellent as was Jodie in support quality of build is excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Wazza, Thanks for the great feedback. Great to hear that you are happy with your first time building experience and the staff members involved. If you wish to, please provide your job number an... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Excited !!! Waiting for the keys

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

We started with Brad Martindale at Wonthaggi office who was very helpful but as we moved on from here to finalise the details it became quite frustrating. Eg. We requested a larger shower but it kept coming back as a smaller shower with wasted space. Also found the specifications misleading, eg. it read 220mm step down to porch, also allowing 15mtrs of carpet for stairway ( single storey house). Once work started on site it went like clockwork. We were amazed at how Aaron Wakefield, our site manager, managed the tradies & delivery of materials. Apart from a small hiccup at the end we are delighted with the workmanship & the final result.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi PLD, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the finish of your home and that you are pleased with the workmanship. If you wish to, please provide your job ... read more »

Our job number is 55440 PLD

Another great home by Simonds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

This is our second home built by Simonds - Nice, easy and quick from start to finish. As always, Chris Cullen's guidance, professionalism, expertise and knowledge of the products are second to none - he's our go to for any project we do. Our supervisor, Chris Cole is always easy to work with and delivers a quality product! Thanks for another job well done!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dave & Kate, Thank you for the great feedback. Great to hear that your 2nd build with Simonds was another positive experience. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2018

First simmonds home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Due to the building Supervisor Bill Stevenson, my build was made easier as he answered all questions that I needed answered. He was very knowledgeable and with any queries I had he followed them up straight away. Overall a great bloke and really helped me through my first house.
Admin where hard to work with at times but other than that a good experience

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jordan, thanks so much for the honest feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with Bill has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedb... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Excellent house and great service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I would like to thank Simonds for building my first home. The experience was great with my building supervisor Evan Gibb constantly keeping me up to date and going out of he's way to ensure any issues I had were resolved so I could move in as soon as possible and a special thanks as well to my consultant Soney Chau for continuing to help me with any issues and giving me top customer service.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Chris, thanks so much for the kind and honest feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with Soney and Evan has been both reliable and enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your j... read more »

Dream Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Would like to thank Simonds for building our dream home it is exactly what we wanted. Right front the start the customer service has been exceptional from the initial stage dealing with Jamie Power then to Ebonie Andrews who guided us through the build process and answered all our queries straight away, and finally Justin Bersey our supervisor who has gone above and beyond to make everything perfect for us. To be honest we were concerned about building with Simonds due to issues that had occurred on other builds, but so far everything has been terrific. Looking forward to spending may happy years here. Thanks Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Scally, thanks for the kind and honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your posit... read more »

Sorry Tristan forgot to enter that when I was doing the review 54769

Simonds Official

No worries! Thanks for providing it now. I'll let the team know!

Simonds Traralgon are fantastic.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Jamie Power at Warragul was fantastic and really made us feel comfortable with our decisions, we originally spoke to Metricon but did not get the same vibe from them. He was our first impression for the company and he was great. We then started to deal with Ebonie Andrew at the Traralgon office and throughout the process she was there to answer all my stupid questions and was a great support. When we started having problems with the broker that Jamie recommends Ebonie was a big help with this as well. Our Supervisor was Leigh Watkins and the hype around this guy is justified. He was great. Not once did he make us feel like our questions and concerns were not important. He was really easy going and a pleasure to deal with.
My only negatives about the build is the fit and finish on the house was not great. And the block was left with a lot of rubbish on it and was pretty dead flat before the build but we were left with a very uneaven block that we now have to get people in to level it back out. The fit and finish issues are minor but there are heaps of them. Little things like overstay on the bricks, stickers left on the front of the toilet bowls, the front entrance does not leave a good first impression, plaster and paint issues etc. I am sure these will get fixed by maintenance in a few months but it is a big deal to build a house and it's disappointing to then feel like you have to fix it straight away.
All that being said I will definitely recommend Simonds to anyone that asks and I would definitely build with Simonds again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dean, thank you for the honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback to ... read more »

Hi Tristan, I think the job number is 54126. It was build at lot 102 Lucas way, Trafalgar 3824. It would be great for this to be passed on to the team involved. Although there are things we weren't... read more »

Great Experience in the beginning not so much at the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I would like to start this review with a great thank you to our site supervisor (Justin) from Warragul.

Our experience with Justin was fantastic from the beginning to the end of our build. As a first home builder Justin kept us in the loop of the building progress. THANK YOU, JUSTIN.

Jamie in sales was also very helpful when it came to selecting our first home, made it very easy with all the details provided

Just a negative at the end, all paper work was fine till the end. An invoice was issued to us before final invoice which couldn't be added to the final invoice. This delayed the process of us moving in our new home because two invoices had to be paid individually. Be aware of the unexpected at the end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there, thanks for the honest feedback! We're very happy to hear your building journey with Justin and the team was enjoyable, minus the unexpected issue at the end. We'd love to pass this... read more »

1 of 10 pages