Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Good service, very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

The service quality and support were excellent throughout the build. We made several changes throughout the build stage and Simonds were only too willing to comply. The site supervisor was always available to step us through each stage if the build and advise us of what was required. The CRC was very helpful and always returned out calls in a timely manner.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2014

Purchase of display home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Happy with overall experience. All staff friendly and helpful. I haven't moved in as yet but happy with service so far. I can't comment on the workmanship or build quality for the property as I haven't moved in as yet but what I have seen so far it looks good. I would like to make a special mention to Alan who does the maintenance. I found him to be very helpful.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ilona! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! We hope the rest of the process is smooth sailing. If you wish to, please provi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

First Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Our build has not yet begun so I can't comment on workmanship or build quality for the property. I also can't comment on the management of the build either.
Customer service has been good with all calls and emails followed up and answered quickly. As far as support Simonds have been very welcoming when it comes to us having loads of questions as we are First Home Buyers. It is a little frustrating that we were moved from the Metro to Regional wait list so we could get a start date in January but it looks like it won't happen and we won't start until February.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sheree, thank you for the great feedback! We're glad that your journey with us has so far been supportive. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and exp... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Simonds well done.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Our CRC Skie Luke was the best part of our whole journey she was the most efficient organised helpful person ever she would go out of her way to do whatever was needed to fix things. We are very happy with Simonds house the building supervisor kept everything rolling along and got us in when we wanted. Thank you. Very much Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rod and Annie, thank you for choosing Simonds!

Simonds Official

Hi Rod and Annie, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact u... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Great Start!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We are First home buyers and are at the starting stage, have just signed contracts and land hasn't been registered yet, due by May'18
Would like to leave a review on the service so far for the new customers.
Sales team has been Great, dealt with Carol L, She is a professional, experienced and very nice girl and she definitely knows stuff!!
Customer care had been great so far, dealt with Aleisha S, sweet girl and great correspondence so far and hoping it be a pleasant journey till the end!
I will come back and provide more reviews during our journey!
Good Luck!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kieran, thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Simonds Official

Hi Kieran, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Good product - happy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

This is my second build with Simonds Homes and they did a good job. I was on holidays and was confident that they could build the house whilst I was away. Anthony Anderson was really good to work with and the Bendigo team. I would recommend Simonds to anyone who is looking to build. I would advise walking through a house of the same quality build and floor plan before you choose which design to build.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Paul, thanks so much. We really appreciate the repeat business!

Simonds Official

Hi Paul, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if ther... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Transparent Process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Customer service and support up until this time has been transparent and efficient. All the staff that we have dealt with have been friendly and helpful. It is still early days to write a thorough review as we have only just signed the contract, but we have been happy with the service that we have received so far from Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Thanks for your feedback!

Simonds Official

Hi again, just following up. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if the... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Planning process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

The planning process of our build has been well handled from our sales consultant to our CRC. We have had minor mistakes from the gallery phase, such as incorrect building covenant followed and some missed items that were to be adjusted from gallery. Our Current CRC however has been very helpful in correcting these issues and sorting any discrepancies we have noticed. customer service and support is always very prompt and any issues that have needed further review I have always been updated in the waiting process.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Erica, thanks for your feedback! Will pass your feedback on to the team, and ensure these mistakes don;t happen in the future.

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2018

In general we are very happy with Simonds and the product and the service provided up to now.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Sorry, the house build has not started yet. Regarding the process of quotation and final contract and price, I believe that more time is required for a proper review of all prices, because some was reviewed and adjusted, but I think that not all prices were correct. But, in term of support and customer service, in general everyone has been very diligent and concern about our needs as customer.

Comments
Simonds Official

Great to hear your experience has been a good one Mariot. We're working to improve our process to make the pricing more transparent.

Simonds Official

Hi Mariot, just following up. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if th... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

product review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Good workmanship and build quality. Our home is great. We chose the design from catalogue and there was no open home to view. We are happy with the overall outcome of the house. It is beyond what we expected.
Good management. Everything was great. We have referred our son who will also be building with Simonds.
Excellent customer service and support. Always happy to answer questions and went an extra mile to make sure we were happy.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rossie, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedba... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2012

Great First House

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Overall good experience. The Quality and workmanship was good, there was some minor things along the way and even after the house was complete, but Simonds were very easy to talk to and contact to fix any problems or concerns I had. It was pretty well managed over the build and customer service was very good. For a first house I was very happy with the way it turned out.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Logan, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

Ashfield

• 3 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2018

So Far so Good!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

We chose Simonds at Marsden Park NSW and from the start Ly Wong was very professional. Whether suggesting structural changes or listening to our ideas Ly was patient. Prompt on communication and honest about the pricing so far was one of the reason for us going ahead with Simonds.
Now as we have signed the contract, the staff at Baulkham Hills office are good too. Starting with Marcus Williams and Lauren O'Connor (contract presenter). They had done their homework and ready with all the answers we were throwing at them on the contract appointment.
We are scheduled for a studio appointment later this month and hoping to have the same experience. Will keep the readers updated with any changes.
For us, transparency, honesty, and value for money is what we look for in any contract. All the best to everyone for a smooth experience in building their dream home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Harshal, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedb... read more »

N1047

Gold coast

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Good quality build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Good experience over all. Lyn was our customer service rep & she was very helpful & understanding. She was easily contacted and always responded to emails and calls. We did encounter some difficulties during the build but all problems where resolved reasonably well. The house has a good quality finish to it and am very happy to have built with Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Toniao thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

You're welcome, thanks Job number Q2950

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Easiest builder to deal with as a First Home Buyer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2017

From start to finish, everyone we dealt with at Simonds was extremely helpful. Vanessa Wessling, our Sales Consultant went above and beyond and can honestly say, the best customer service I have ever received from anyone. Maria Lozano, our Customer Relationship Coordinator was lovely and pleasant and always willing to answer any questions. Luke Peterson, our Site Supervisor, though lacked some communication and had to get onto him for every single appointment, was nice and informative. And to Alistair Grayling, our Construction Manager was onto it and just made things happen.
The build quality for the most part was excellent. The worst part was probably our tiler who just couldn't seem to get things right in our kitchen. He had to get sent back more than 3 times to fix up one issue after another... though I don't think this is anyway reflective of Simonds, but maybe more of a quality check as things happen would've been helpful.
As first home buyers, we felt that everything from the initial appointment to pricing to colour selection was transparent and there were no hidden surprises. We felt that everyone was helpful enough to explain every stage of the build if we had any questions and this makes things a lot easier when you don't know what you're doing.
Would be easily quite happy to build with Simonds again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tippy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. If you wish to, please provide... read more »

It’s Q3314 thanks :-)

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

perfect house for me.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

98%good build just a few screws dropping from ceiling in living area near ceiling fan.
The build was managed excellently i would highly recommend Warren, he listens and cares about his sites. From my experience Simonds homes were prompt, understanding and the build was done before due date which i was very please with.
Customer support was also very good, Sarah was helpful and pleasant to talk too!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi VGM, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback ... read more »

Bellbird Park

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Really good experience so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

After searching through builders for months we decided to go through Simonds at Bellbird Park where we dealt with Rod during the initial sales and sign up stage. Rod was very honest and professional and easy to deal with. He gave us good advice on land and the best way to position the home for best outcome. We have had a couple of hiccups on the way and even though we are now dealing with a CRC with simonds Rod will still answer all my questions and has even supported us when Simonds originally said no to the positioning of our driveway. we are now at the contract signing stage and our CRC Maria has also been really easy to deal with. We were in dispute about the driveway for about 2 weeks and in the end she gave us great options so we can have the driveway where we want it. As first time builders I am really happy with the amount of support we are receiving. I will do another review during build but so far the experience has been great - Sarah

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sarah thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback... read more »

Q3552

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Oct 2017

First home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

It's only been a week since we moved in and we are so pleased that we went with Simonds. The build quality is great with only minor fix ups. Eventhough we started off on shaky ground, the build was completed from contract to finish well within the slated timeframe. Some things for Simonds to work on would be fine tuning their customer communication throughout the whole process; and lastly the vacant land around the house wasn't cleared, rubbish and building material (concrete) left behind or else this rating would've been a 5.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Matt, thank you for the feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable and that you're pleased with the end result! If you wish to, please provide your job number an... read more »

Romsey

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Home sweet home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Jamie power was referred to me by a family friend. With out a doubt the best person I dealt with the whole time. Jamie clearly had great knowledge on all houses and upgrades available. He knew what would look good and what would work with my budget.
I moved into my home in April and am still waiting for a few things to be done...
I had quite a few issues picked up on by a private building inspector that I had to let slide to avoid an extra 12 week wait to move in. Workmanship was pretty poor at times and some trades were coming back 5-6 times. I paid a lot more money for extra coats of paint and it's very clear there isn't anymore than standard.
I would definitely recommend Jamie again, just not the site supervisor or the tradesman he used. I had 3 different CRC's throughout my build which made thing very difficult. Just one familiar name and face throughout would make things much easier. I believe a good supervisor would have made all the difference!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Aleisha, thank you for the feedback. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to Jamie Power. Thanks again and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate your feedback Best wishes, Kiandra

Hi Kiandra. By the looks of your response it’s almost like you’ve chosen to ignore the bad half of my review. I’m still chasing for things to be done and that is absolutely ridiculous! How can I re... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2013

Great first home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Perfect first home, given great advice and support. Four years down the track and the quality of build still evident.
Pre and post build service excellent, dealing with a couple of minor issues.
Build took a little while to get going due to other hold ups but once underway the process did not take very long.
All in all we had a great experience.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Caz, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2016

Happy First Home Builders - Can't wait to do it again!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

This was our first home buying experience and we have overall a very good review and it’s almost completely what we expected. We don't expect perfection but we do expect a professional standard.
When we met Miranda at the Ormeau Ridge display village last June 2016 she was so attentive to our needs. Miranda supported and developed our already pretty clear ideas, she was there one Saturday to walk us through the show room, prior to our colour selection appointment. She also advised us to get in before the end of June 2016 before their AMAZING 'Missing it Terribly' promotion ended and it paid off, there hasn't been a better one since!
We appreciated how Simonds are upfront about those costs you assume are hidden, their pricing structure is very straight forward and clear, for example you won't be surprised by extra earthworks if extra rocks etc are hidden under your foundation. A lot of other builders just give a final figure of how their costs add up whereas Simonds are transparent.
Our Customer Service Rep Kathryn has also been excellent in her communications since the finalising of our ‘colour selection’ and throughout the build, keeping us well up to date. If we needed to speak to someone Kathryn was very prompt via phone or email and we worked together to be completely clear in what we wanted to achieve when we needed to make a variation.
The MySimonds login is a great tool to watch as each stage of your build is completed and the estimated completion date moves up and down as the stages progress and even more so in the final weeks when the flooring is layed. It’s excellent that Simonds are consistent in giving the end date, 220 days from when it starts, there's no earlier promises, as we've heard from other neighbours. There's also plenty of opportunity to give feedback!
As you all know with building, there is so much to think about and some details do get missed at your colour selection appointment. It's a exciting and long day! What would have worked better for us is a virtual or real house (one of their display homes) walk through program. Eg: Window – frame (2 or 4 windows)/ direction window opens/ type of flyscreen upgrade? / architrave / colour / window covering. Hallway – structurally there will need to be 2 bulk heads where do you want them/how low / how is that going to affect the light in the hallway?
We're really happy with how everything came together. We love our timber laminate flooring and our Carpet is so plush! We LOOOVE the colour of our home (Calm) it is very neutral and it encourages the homey/ relaxed feel!!
Our land wasn't registered until very late November and our build started Mid Feb. The building process moves so quickly, we couldn’t resist coming down each weekend to see what they had done. Darren was excellent! He oversaw our 2 site project managers as there was a hand over. Overall, the home is to our spec and mostly Simonds standard range options and of good workmanship.
It depends what matters to you but things we know for next time with this experience under our belt:
Our personal preference would be not to use Haymes brand paint again.
The tile selection was good but not great, because we knew a particular tile came in another colour but it wasn't an option. We're glad we didn't have the option now so these things all work out in the end.
Walk through appointments are during normal tradie working hours (7-3) and not 4pm/5pm, which at times could have worked better.
Though we take responsibility for signing for handover to say it was complete, our biggest mark down was the quality/workmanship the painter - possibly it was someone learning or attention to detail was lacking. We had identified a few areas that were rectified, but have since identified now we’ve seen all of the nooks and crannies, a few drip marks, sand/fill spots in the architraves, texture of the paint roller on a door and ‘cutting in’ around window frames, where it was painted but left untidy.
Simonds don’t add the $1.80 caps water pipes around the home. But they are left at a good height to be cut down when you take over your landscaping.
We decided on a tiled roof and Sarking isn’t standard (aus standard - fine) but we don't believe this was identified at the colour selection because we would have added it.
Almost every builders ‘standard’ lighting is a single baton light – there is profit in the basic down light.
Our frame work for our roof trusses did not sit directly on top of frame work but are separated with a steel fixture. We queried this because of the weight of the persons who would eventually be getting in the roof over time would mean it could eventually buckle. 3 months on we have dints in one section of our ceiling when the Foxtel guy/Ariel guy and an electrician has had to walk through the roof – we are yet to finish this discussion with Simonds - but I can't foresee a problem in the repair.
The last word ... The whole Simonds team did everything they possible could for us and we greatly appreciate their time and efforts! Even 3 months after the build we still receive check-in calls or emails, so it's nice to know we've not been forgotten about.
We would definitely consider building with Simonds again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi SandR, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

Thanks Kiandra. Job Number Q3011 Simonds Logan QLD. It has been a enjoyable experience, we've built exactly what suits our needs for now and we've gained more knowledge for next time, we're setting... read more »

1 of 8 pages