Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2018

First simmonds home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Due to the building Supervisor Bill Stevenson, my build was made easier as he answered all questions that I needed answered. He was very knowledgeable and with any queries I had he followed them up straight away. Overall a great bloke and really helped me through my first house.
Admin where hard to work with at times but other than that a good experience

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jordan, thanks so much for the honest feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with Bill has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedb... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Excellent house and great service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I would like to thank Simonds for building my first home. The experience was great with my building supervisor Evan Gibb constantly keeping me up to date and going out of he's way to ensure any issues I had were resolved so I could move in as soon as possible and a special thanks as well to my consultant Soney Chau for continuing to help me with any issues and giving me top customer service.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Chris, thanks so much for the kind and honest feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with Soney and Evan has been both reliable and enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your j... read more »

Dream Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Would like to thank Simonds for building our dream home it is exactly what we wanted. Right front the start the customer service has been exceptional from the initial stage dealing with Jamie Power then to Ebonie Andrews who guided us through the build process and answered all our queries straight away, and finally Justin Bersey our supervisor who has gone above and beyond to make everything perfect for us. To be honest we were concerned about building with Simonds due to issues that had occurred on other builds, but so far everything has been terrific. Looking forward to spending may happy years here. Thanks Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Scally, thanks for the kind and honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your posit... read more »

Sorry Tristan forgot to enter that when I was doing the review 54769

Simonds Official

No worries! Thanks for providing it now. I'll let the team know!

Simonds Traralgon are fantastic.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Jamie Power at Warragul was fantastic and really made us feel comfortable with our decisions, we originally spoke to Metricon but did not get the same vibe from them. He was our first impression for the company and he was great. We then started to deal with Ebonie Andrew at the Traralgon office and throughout the process she was there to answer all my stupid questions and was a great support. When we started having problems with the broker that Jamie recommends Ebonie was a big help with this as well. Our Supervisor was Leigh Watkins and the hype around this guy is justified. He was great. Not once did he make us feel like our questions and concerns were not important. He was really easy going and a pleasure to deal with.
My only negatives about the build is the fit and finish on the house was not great. And the block was left with a lot of rubbish on it and was pretty dead flat before the build but we were left with a very uneaven block that we now have to get people in to level it back out. The fit and finish issues are minor but there are heaps of them. Little things like overstay on the bricks, stickers left on the front of the toilet bowls, the front entrance does not leave a good first impression, plaster and paint issues etc. I am sure these will get fixed by maintenance in a few months but it is a big deal to build a house and it's disappointing to then feel like you have to fix it straight away.
All that being said I will definitely recommend Simonds to anyone that asks and I would definitely build with Simonds again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dean, thank you for the honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback to ... read more »

Hi Tristan, I think the job number is 54126. It was build at lot 102 Lucas way, Trafalgar 3824. It would be great for this to be passed on to the team involved. Although there are things we weren't... read more »

Great Experience in the beginning not so much at the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I would like to start this review with a great thank you to our site supervisor (Justin) from Warragul.

Our experience with Justin was fantastic from the beginning to the end of our build. As a first home builder Justin kept us in the loop of the building progress. THANK YOU, JUSTIN.

Jamie in sales was also very helpful when it came to selecting our first home, made it very easy with all the details provided

Just a negative at the end, all paper work was fine till the end. An invoice was issued to us before final invoice which couldn't be added to the final invoice. This delayed the process of us moving in our new home because two invoices had to be paid individually. Be aware of the unexpected at the end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there, thanks for the honest feedback! We're very happy to hear your building journey with Justin and the team was enjoyable, minus the unexpected issue at the end. We'd love to pass this... read more »

Can't wait to enjoy our new home .

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Our journey with Simonds started really well with our Sales person Jamie who made us feel confident that our decision to build with Simonds was a good choice for us.
When we got to the next stage of signing documents and colour selections our crc had left then another team member took over and then we had Ebonie who has been absolutely amazing. So with all these changes some of our selections where wrong or not included. So thank you Ebonie.
We are happy with the overall finish of our home. There have been a few minor issues but they have been dealt with or fixed by our site supervisor Justin .
All team members Jamie. Ebonie and Justin where always only a phone call away. So big THANKYOU for looking after us and cannot wait to enjoy our new home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Mel, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey got back on track and ended well. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

Can'r wait to enjoy it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Our journey with Simonds started really well with our Sales person Chris making everything so effortless and being our first home made us feel really comfortable with our decision to build with Simonds. Moving into the document signing stage and selections things most definitely got more difficult for us. Our initial customer relationship coordinator went on maternity leave suddenly and one of the main staff we did our product selections with also left. These two things it made it little hard for us to keep open communication moving forward as some of selections were wrong or not included. Once we got the ball rolling our new Coordinator was AMAZING and we felt she really went above and beyond to assist us in any way possible (Thanks Aleisha!) It took us awhile to get building approval and covenant etc but once we did the actual building process was super smooth and seemed to fly by. We were originally scheduled to handover in February but with the build not actually starting until later January we were pushed back - not that I think this was entirely Simonds fault but this is something that's important to keep in mind when building a home. The finishes on our home are really good and we think the quality of the home its self is really high and we have many comments of how good looks. We have now been in our home 2 weeks and naturally there have been a few teething issues but nothing major and nothing that both our building supervisor or our CRC hasn't done all they could to resolve. Overall we are really happy with our home and the way it has turned out, and also the way our particular build and the problems we faced were dealt with! Big thank you to the team that looked after us, we can not wait to settle in and enjoy our beautiful home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lara, thank you for the open and honest feedback! We're happy that once you got in contacted with your new coordinator Aleisha, everything got back on track! I'd love to get this review acros... read more »

Bentleigh East

Private message

A thing of beauty is a joy forever

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

We are nearing to completion on our Journey of Building with Simonds
Our journey with Simonds has been smooth, exciting and relaxing so far!!
We have been hosted by some of the best people during our Journey with Simonds. I will write about some of my collaboration with Simonds family members with whom I directly dealt with many times.
Ai Huynh from sales is fantastic. She appears to clients as if she is available 24 X 7. I love her quick response time and straight forward nature. Our entire initial sale process has been completed in just 3 weekends in the skilled hands of Ai. What I would like Ai to consider is to flash some more smiles per hour!!
Then comes my favourite part – Gallery. The location, the facility, the ambience, the refreshments and the people and their organisation - OMG. They do all the things needed to make your colour selection a breeze. More than colour selection, they love to talk and listen to people which will make the gallery appointment a cake-walk. Even though my interaction with them is just for one day, I keep remembering them whenever I talk about my home with my friends. Katie (Colours), Laura (Tiles) and Dianne (Electrical) are some of the helping angels.
Tony – the elderly young man who walked us through the HIA contract made sure that signing HIA contract is not like the regular fast forward recording on the websites. He very carefully explained all the points of the contract including the risks. When we were worried that we are late by approx. 30 mins to the appointment due to heavy rains in Melbourne, his first few words with us are ‘I was thinking about you guys on how you are going make it to the appointment in this heavy rain!! But, you guys came early than I expected’. Just one dialogue revealed his personality to us. Tony made sure that we are happy while signing the contract by clearing each doubt that we have on our mind.
Now comes the two very important roles. The driver and conductors of our journey. Jessica Azzopardi (customer relationship coordinator) and Beau Gentles (building supervisor).
Jessica has conducted/co-ordinated our Journey nicely. Arranging the appointments, tracking the plans/ documentation, managing the business communication, getting authorizations on the documents, handling variations etc - she worked as a proper conduit between various parties and met all our expectations. Her role involved collaboration with various teams to keep us posted time to time on the progress. Our experience with her closely resembles the four seasons of a year. I know coordination sometimes cannot make everyone happy. What I would like Jess to consider is to have some more attention to detail / focus.
Beau – the driver of our journey. Prior to meeting Beau, I heard from my friends that it is very important to stay in the good books of building supervisors because they can easily make/break your dream. This is exactly what is going on my mind prior to meeting Beau in the first week of Feb this year. In his first few words of our meeting, as if he is trying to erase all my evil thoughts, Beau said “No dramas mate!! If all goes well, I will hand over your house by last week of May to Mid-June”. He stood by his word and we are now very close to the hand over. We felt very happy after our first meeting with Beau. After our four + months of association with Beau, we have a feeling that we can’t even imagine a better supervisor than Beau. Even the neighbours around our property also speak high about Beau that they saw him working late in the evening. His style of work is very simple and adorable – “do it straight and do it right!!”. Here are some of the sample wow moments with Beau!!
On the occasion where we appointed an independent building inspector – Beau mentioned that “Sam appears to be well qualified building inspector. Happy to work with him and rectify all of his valid findings”
On the occasions where we wanted to visit the building site on a weekend – Beau mentioned “I know that this house means a dream for you. Happy to work with you. Let me know at what time you are coming so that I can be around”.
On the occasion where we asked what is that Beau look for when various sub-contractors work for him – For this, Beau took the examples of painting and carpentry work in the kitchen and showed us some very fine detail that he look for like the glossy finish on the painted walls, sharp edges when the colours on the adjacent walls have contrasting colours, the number of joints on the woodwork on items like kitchen bench top etc.
When we have some dilemma about choosing the driveway colour, Beau gave us address of some of the Simonds display homes so that we can have a real touch and feel look at various driveway options.
With his good work, Beau proved it once again there is a clear difference between Completing vs. Finishing. Our dream house is getting completed soon!! Thank you, Simonds and team!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Wow Sree! Thank you for the amazing, fantastic review! We're so happy to hear your journey with all our team members has been exciting and enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job... read more »

Thank you Tristan. 55498 is the job number!!

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2019

It's good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Helpful staff at sales office & Head office too. My suggestions is internal & external gallery appointments or schedule has to be separate. So we can get more time to think & remember most of it. Couple of items has to be in standard inclusion. Couple of items are not specific very hard to understand & explain too.Over all it is good.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Chirag, thank you for the great and honest feedback. Your suggestions are appreciated, I'll make sure it's passed onto the sales team. We want to make sure you're given the best process and o... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Loving my new home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

We have had a very positive experience with Simonds. From sales right through to completion.
Every issue which arose was dealt with in a quick and easy manner.
All building construction was organised and completed well.
The staff have been friendly and helpful and we have enjoyed building our new home through Simonds.
The build time was on time and without delays.
Customer service was excellent. Our build supervisor kept us up to date and answered any questions we had promptly and professionally.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tammy, thank you for the positive feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been a smooth and fast process. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direc... read more »

Our job number is 54049

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2019

good start.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

we have just signed up for the home and land package in oran park. contacting Rakesh was easy, he followed up with us about our interest in the offer. He was able to work with the engineers to change the initial plan and make suit our wish. He was always available when we wanted to contact him be it weekdays and weekend. hopefully the construction will be a breeze as well. if anyone is interested in home and land package they can contact Rakesh on 0448571017 or email on rakesh.broota@simonds.com.au.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Manoj, thank you for the honest feedback! We're happy to hear things have gone well so far. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the Rak... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Love our home and after-care service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

We are delighted with what we have been able to achieve with a modest budget. In design we were able to keep the features we loved about the Palisade with the beautiful raised ceilings, and also make many changes that we needed - some at cost widening the house to add a small study and coat/shoe area, and others at no cost such as re-arranging internal walls to make a teen bedroom bigger.
The 'standard' Simonds fittings such as taps, double sink ensuite, tiled shower base etc are excellent but of course we chose a lot of 'upgrades' - butler's pantry, extra cupboards, bamboo flooring etc. The 'pay $30K get $60K' special helped a lot. The design team were so good and it was so much fun being able to choose.
What I am most impressed with is the after-care service in the 3 weeks since we moved in. Its impossible to spot everything at inspection, but even though Simonds have our $$ in full they continue to work with us as we notice small things not completed by sub-contractors. Couldn't be happier about that.
My advice to people building is to spend a LONG time thinking about everything you want in design before sign-off. Storage is important, sun, flow through the house, location of powerpoints and lighting. Pore over the plans to think exactly about which way doors open, the height of different internal doors to each other, the size of windows, where you will put kitchen waste. Read up on things like eaves and brick infill over windows as those things cant be added later. Give yourself a few treats so that you love your house, but also check out prices elsewhere to compare (eg blinds). It might be false economy to go with cheaper install after handover for things like flooring if it holds up your move in date and you have to continue to pay double mortgage and rent. Never sign unless you are happy. And yes, you are legally allowed to take away the contract and read at home before signing despite what some builders will say. Also, keep on top of inspection reports if you have a private inspector - ask for evidence that things were followed up that were agreed to during build (eg temporary downpipes that never got fitted by our first site supervisor).
Big shout out to the following Simonds staff who especially helped our journey: [name removed] at Gallery for endless patience and wonderful design advice, [name removed] for super customer service keeping in touch with the progress updates and explaining any questions along the way, and [name removed] our end-of-build site supervisor who gave especially excellent after-handover support and follow up and expected the best from subcontractors.
I would definitely build with Simonds again, but building does require the client to take responsibility for checking things along the way. We had a private inspector and I have learned a few things if I did it again. Not sure I'll need to though, as we have a great result we are very happy with.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Valerie, thank you for the amazing feedback! We really appreciate it. We are very happy to hear your journey through the build and after-care has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please p... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Looking forward !!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

We were looking to move to a new suburb , and started looking at new developments in West. We came across Rakesh Broota from Simonds. He happened to be a Senior Sales Consultant/Architect with more than 25 years of experience. He was very humble and professional in what they had to offer. He was quite flexible and agreed to meet us in shopping mall as we were having trouble finding the location, and very patiently explained to us about the land and house packages even if he was running late to his next appointment. Guess it was very convenient for us as he agreed to meet us ( Mobile Consultant) where we suggested and he took us though the step by step process of achieving our goal. We are happy so far in his dealing and Simonds and hope for the best !

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sara, thank you for the great and honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Initial Stage

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

The journey started with popping in Simonds display home in Tarneit where I met Suhani, the sales representative. Few minutes after talking to her I realized I am in good hands. Everything she said made complete sense and explained every little thing in details. I straightaway made my mind to build my investment property with Simonds.
Next step was to go to Gallery appointment, which was again a terrific experience. Cat Brehaut, Gallery Consultant made my life 10 times easier. Mind you I am a single guy who is building this house so din't have partner to discuss what will match or suit best in my house. Cat and other consultant helped me to chose everything from colors of walls to tiles.
I really hope good work continues throughout the journey.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Divis, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

Hi Tristan,

Job number is 57082.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

first home :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

The quality of the build has been unquestionable. Simonds have provided me with a well established first home! From the very beginning to end it has been effortless dealing with everyone at Simonds, especially Bill my site supervisor and also Jodie my CRC. As a first home builder I was nervous and hesitant as I didn't know much at all. Simonds always made sure I was up to date with progress, and what I loved was that at any point I needed to ask questions Bill or Jodie were always quick to pick up the phone. I never had any delays with getting in touch and I was never left waiting for answers. Also, thanks to Bill for making himself available at any time If i wanted to have a sneak peak of the property! I will definitely build with Simonds again and I already recommend them to friends and family. Thanks again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hello Brianey, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fe... read more »

Job number 54811

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Our construction has not yet started but I would like to point out that so far I am happy with Simonds. Their customer service has been excellent so far and have been very kind and patient with me. Thank you to my sales consultant Osman khan and my customer relationship coordinator Katrina who have been solving my requests patiently and giving their best of ability to resolve all my needs. I look forward to building with Simonds and hope to receive further positive outcome in the future.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lida, thank you for the fantastic feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Building my Dream!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I am currently super excited anticipating the start of my build this week!! Up to this point I have been blown away by the customer service I have received from the team at the display home when I first began this journey (namely Ainsley & Rob), and my CRC Katrina G who is making the dream become reality! The quick responses, the clear and thorough explanations keep me informed and confident in Simonds. Katrina has gone out of her way to sort out any concerns and queries and has even made me laugh along the way. I am so excited and looking forward to meeting my building supervisor and see the house come to life. #53706

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Linda, thank you for the kind feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us so far has been enjoyable! Thanks for providing your job number! I'll forward this review to the team. ... read more »

Bendigo

Sub division home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

We were initially very impressed with how things went with the build - our supervisor Ryan, was amazing. He didn't bother us constantly with problems or anything and was easy to contact and get along with. Things progressed very well, and we are happy with the end product. We have noted a few issues since moving in, but nothing cannot be sorted.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lucy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feed... read more »

Very Helpful Team So Far !!!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Still in process of getting council approval from Hills Council however my journey with Simonds so far has been fantastic. Great customer service from the whole team. Special mention to Ly WONG, Tanya BLUE, Eloise JOSEPH, all of them being super helpful during tender/contract signing/gallery appointments phases. Ly was extremely helpful from the very beginning and understand my personal needs. Tanya made the gallery process very much easier for us. Eloise is on top of everything and kept us updated about the whole process. VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO BUILD WITH SIMONDS HOMES - Ra

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ra Singh, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

cranbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

so far very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Our construction has not yet started but I would like to point out how happy I am so far with Simonds. Their customer service has been excellent so far and have been very kind and patient with me. Thank you to my sales consultant Lucy Paul and my customer relationship coordinator Katrina who have been solving my requests patiently and giving their best of ability to resolve all my needs. I look forward to building with Simonds and hope to receive further positive outcome in the future.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Mary, thank you for the great and honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your po... read more »

Hi Tristan, thank you for your message. My job no. is 54335