• 89 helpful votes
Private message

Unhonorable, workmanship poor, unreliable, cheapskate, irresponsible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2011

My family have been in a very long battle with Simmonds Homes because they did not build their dream home properly and they decided to abandon repairing the house they built with issues. It has water leaks, poor quality workmanship, dodgy fix ups, etc.

Be very careful of this company, they do not know the meaning of being honorable. I run my business from my family's home so they provided me with temporary accommodation until the repairs to the house was complete. The repairs has not been finished and they have informed the hotel that they are stopping payment to the accommodation and that I have a few days to pack up and leave. Initially they decided to book the apartment for another 4 weeks but now they have decided not to provide me with temporary accommodation or help to move all my stuff back. They have also decided not to pay for parts to finish the repair of the house to which they agreed in writing that they will do.

A company who have no understanding on being honorable is not a company you would want to invest your hard earned money with. People spend their life saving on their dream home and there is no point taking even the slightest risk on a company that can not honor their word and provide quality service and workmanship.

+ Nothing, the amount of stress my family went through from this company is unimaginable!!!

- Unhonorable, workmanship poor, unreliable, cheapskate, irresponsible!

89 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 84 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2012

We are currently in the Simonds Nightmare in Vic (West Division then to North Division then to new North West Division). Take this review seriously. WALK away. Our house is currently 25 Weeks overdue and it has been 500Days since construction has started. We have been to VCAT 3 times and 4th one pending.
Too many issues to list
We are lucky that the contract we signed was fairly airtight (took 8 months to get that right and legal) The Sales people try to sign you up quickly and leave a lot of holes in the contract so they can rip you off later. GET an Independent Inspector to go over your home (Kevin from New Home Inspections is great). We have had 7 Supervisors to date and they just don’t want to take responsibility. Simonds Rips off the Tradespeople and therefore they don’t do their best work ( Note they closed down their QLD division because no Tradies wanted to work for them).
Get all correspondences with them in writing as lying to them is part of the “Where in it together” philosophy.

If this message warns off at least one person then that makes me feel better that at least you wont have to loose sleep over the Simonds Nightmare.

+ "Where In It Together" BUT Care Factor ZERO

- Disfunctional Company. Summary BAD Owners=BAD Managers = BAD Supervisors =BAD Tradespeople

84 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 comments
  • 87 helpful votes

Nightmare build!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2012

Where do I start? They got our drawings wrong - imagine having the same house plans but different number of steps to the second storey to the same plan on a differnt page! We indicated that we wanted to build our house as per the display home, however, we were cut short of 20mm from our house because their drafting program could not acccomadate the changes! ( I wonder what did they use to build the display??)We fought that and got a reply mentioning a clause in our contract that this size is subject to the land, but our land has the same configurations as the display house, we gave in as it was getting too annoying. Next they ran out of bricklayers for a few months and proceeded to plaster stage first in winter. Not to mention that they pre-maturely told us that we were all set for a Pre Plaster inspection from our independent inspector only to find out that the stage was not complete! We had wasted our money on something that could have been communicated or planned better.
During a flash flooding in Feb this year, our ceiling broke through and water was gushing through the top storey to the ground level like a waterfall. We had to inform Simonds about it and they had no idea it happened. ( Despite them telling me a few days before that they knew about the roof that was not fixed properly and the flash flooding was a warning that we all knew about) No checks or pre-cautions were done to address that, leading to damaged ceilings, and mouldy areas in parts the house. Replacements were promised, but never came; only repairs took place. We had to fight long and hard for a mould issue and were later convinced that as long as the mould did not return, we would live without a replacement of plasterboard. Next came the PCI inspection that was not really at PCI stage.. see the patterns? My independent inspector listed 71 defects!!! ( Not to mention we had more that we found on our end, you name it, we have it, from bowed walls, to larger holes and uneven meter boxes and tiles that were uneven, gaps around doors that were big & uneven, shower doors not straight, to colourbond fasica damage, this is just a nightmare. we invested this as our 2nd home and this is the result we got. Simonds past their handover date and didnt inform us about it- we knew anyway and asked how long it will take to get everything done; I asked if 2 weeks was enough and SS said yes should be fine, we rented an extra 3 weeks, and till now, which is 6 weeks later, we are still stuck in limbo without a completion date, bunking in with someone else, our furniture in storage and our dogs in care of someone else. For a mere $200 they pay every week? I would definately say DO NOT BUILD WITH THEM. I have heard of a few people in the area with similar experiences with them. They seem cheap at first- but look what kind of quality they have provided.

+ only the sales person, he was great- but thats about it.

- Atricious Quality and Bad service

83 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hey - yes, we are also building in the west- hows your build now? Our 3 month maintenance is getting really frustrating as well.

As an update in 2016, our kitchen cabinets are starting to fall apart in less than 4 years and our shower doors have started to collapse. That's just 2 parts of the house. the poor paintjob is als... read more »

Simonds Official

Good afternoon cookies, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to ensure that all of your concerns are addressed so if you could please provide your ... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 83 helpful votes

Simonds nighmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

Our house is now 10 weeks late and we are still not close to moving in! Everything started positive with the sales office then the gallery appointment, but has all been down hill since then!

In March 2011 our air conditioner was stolen leaving a lot of water damage all throughout the house. This was 'repaired' but a few weeks later mould started to grow in one bedroom. Wet roof insulation was laid throughout the house to dry and was reused (even tho our site supervisor said that shouldn't have been done!) Simonds still left the house unlocked even tho we were past lock-up stage and had been burgled once. Again in May 2011 our property was attempted to be burgled. Because of poor repairs we decided to hire a private inspector. Simonds tried to tell us if we hired a private inspector we had to hand over all our rights to him. After speaking with Consumer Affairs Victoria we discovered they can not do this, and Simonds were quick to back down!! He reported many defects with the house.

Due to the burglary our water bill was $180, which Simonds refused to pay. Again we contacted Consumer Affairs Victoria who told Simonds the bill is their responsibility. Once again they were quick to back down and pay the bill (minus the $25 service fee!!)
We have been told since May the house is 3 weeks away but still very little work is happening. We have contacted a media outlet who advised they would be interested in running our story. After advising Simonds if the house isn't finished within 2 weeks we would run with the story they gave us a PCI date which was last Friday. Our private inspector attended this appointment with us and many recommendations from the report in May were not repaired, along now with a large list of defects.
We have been told we are wasting Simonds time, been called liars, and treated with very little respect. Phone calls are not answered or returned, and $200 a week in compensation is ridicules. We are a young couple and believe this has something to do with it!!

Please do not build with Simonds

+ Good deal packages

- Nearly everything!

80 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

We are building in the Northern suburbs!

We had another final inspection (third one) and listed a number of small problems that needed to be fixed. We were told to come back at 4pm that day and everything would be fixed. At 4pm Simonds ha... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 78 helpful votes
Private message

Simonds "were in it together" lies and deception

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

Miserable, misleading, deception, sickening, unreliable, untrustworthy, no customer service, poor building quality mmm where do i start with my problems with simonds i am an interstate client and they have wasted my and my family's time and money thats hard to come by these days, my house now is 3 months late and 200 dollers just doesnt cut it, ive had my home burlgled, flooded water bill came to 400 dollers.
Simonds slogan "We're in it together" they also quote "we build your home to show standard" please dont be desieved by those lies and always read what you sign.
they contacted me few weeks ago asking me to come down and hand over, on arrival i inspected my home and it was far from finished i had scratched windows, cracked window frames, doors have been shaved with electric playner, door frames werent even painted, gaps between plaster and brick work, paint all over kitchen cuboards, all tile work was unsatisfactory, floor skirting worped and i can go on and on so i decided to bring an indepantant inspector to go over the house and he pointed out over 25 individual things wrong with the house.
people if you build with simonds hire your own property inspector and get hime to inspect each stage on the building stage.
i am writing this and my blood pressure is through the roof i just cant put how i feel about simonds with out smashing the computer.

This letter is just skimming through the top I can go on and on with my problems with Simonds.

+ Absolutely nothing!

- Everything!

78 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 77 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2011

Do not build with this company they are a bunch of crooks trust me. If you do you will one day understand the pain and suffering that they have caused me and my family. This process almost cost me my sanity.

+ Honestly can't think of one

- Where do i start. From day one have had nothing but dramas. The slab pour was delayed by 6 weeks due to the site cut going too deep. The frame went up ok. The plasterers began hanging sheets before electrical and plumbing fit off was complete. I advised site supervisor and he gave the usual lies that i have become accustomed to throughout this entire process.
I could go on and on and explain the whole process and the rough workmanship that was applied to my home but it would take me a week with all the stuff ups that occurred. Even after moving in we are still waiting for the tiles to be completed properly. The carpet to be replaced as it is stained all over the place from workers (i won't call them tradesmen)carting mud everywhere.
The only reason i took the home before these things were rectified, is because i needed a roof over my families head as we were homeless by this stage. The home was promised to be completed early september and it was now the end of January.
I can honestly say that building with Simonds Homes is the biggest regret of my life and i would advise anyone considering it to please not go ahead with it as the scumbags don't deserve your time of day let alone your hard earned money.

77 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 73 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2012

Simonds Homes turned our Dream Home into a Nightmare. Distance yourselves from this building company. They are not worthy of your contract. In fact do not even give them the privilege of attending any of their displays. If you are foolish enough to contract Simonds Homes, be prepared for the stress and disappointment. The slack and appalling trades engaged to build your new home could not careless. Their "near enough is good enough" attitude is expected to be accepted, as is, the damage they create during construction. The workmanship is attrocious and the supervision is non-existent. Familiarise yourself with your Domestic Building Contract as you will find many breaches throughout the construction period. Be prepared for the arrogant, rude and disgusting attitudes of Simonds Homes' personnel. Senior Management would be the most offensive. Prepare for the bullying, after all, you are only "the client". This company has absolutely no idea of Customer Relations. Your Gallery Selection appointment will only be a waste of your time and their's, as the products selected do not appear at fit off. Once again near enough will do. Their explanation will be that the product is no longer available when in fact it is. Be prepared for the lies and confrontation day after day to have the incorrect product removed and replaced with your rightful selection. To other discontented Simond's clients who maybe reviewing this post, please take your concerns to Consumer Affairs Victoria, who in turn engage Building Commission Victoria. The unacceptable work Simonds Homes provide, must receive urgent review by Building Commission Victoria and the Building Practitioner's Board. Take the time to record your experience with these authorities. Action is urgently needed.
To provide an Overall Rating, well from our experience we can't, as to rate our construction it would be recorded as dramatically below POOR.

+ Initially the home designs and workable floorplans

- The complete building experience

73 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 73 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2009

In our experience, this builder cannot build a house to Australian standards & when defects are found, even obvious & serious defects like leaking rooms, will refuse to fix them properly, or refuse to fix them at all.

+ None. They've made building a home a complete nightmare.

- NEVER BUILD WITH SIMONDS HOMES!!! This builder is one of the worst and shoddiest building companies around! Since moving into our 'new home' 4 years we've had nothing but constant problems from numerous defects, but the worst thing is Simonds' refusal to fix them properly, or fix them at all. The defects are too numerous to count - 11 areas of the house leaking (with 4 rooms STILL LEAKING), rust on their iron work, using different coloured & different batches of bricks for the exterior and refusing to fix it, forgetting to put a complete ducted heating system, crooked architraves & walls, patched up paintwork, main doors that let the water in etc..... Simonds don't build to Australian standards & will employ a variety of strategies to evade their legal responsibility to fix defects - ignoring calls & letters, promising to fix problems but instead fixing them months, & sometimes, years later, or the classic patching it up & telling you that this method will permanently fix the defect, which it doesn't. For ANYONE WHO'S BEEN HAVING CONSTANT PROBLEMS WITH SIMONDS HOMES - WRITE TO THE BUILDING PRACTITIONER'S BOARD (BPB) in your state. You can write to them even if your house has already been finished & the defects fixed. The Building Practitioner's Board looks at Builders who build defective works & who refuse to rectify them, or refuse to rectify them properly within a reasonable period of time. The Board has powers to reprimand a builder, & this includes DEREGISTRATION or REMOVAL OF THE BUILDER'S LICENCE TO BUILD.

73 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 70 helpful votes
Private message

Very doggy company. Disgusting quality and arrogant people.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2011

We are FHB and unfortunately we decided to build with Simonds. That was very unpleasant experience and we definitely not recommend this company at all. We are still in shock how doggy they are and how rood and arrogant people they hire. If anybody is thinking about signing contract with them they should step back and read some information about them on the Internet first.

As an one of many examples of their poor quality I can bring the fact that they plastered and painted the walls inside the house before covering roof property which caused major water damage. All ceiling plaster and most of the walls plaster plus timber window frames have been damaged. Simonds refused to replaster the house - they did the cut out of the most damage parts but still did not cover the roof. So after couple weeks of rain they had to replaster once again. We told them that we are paying for the brand new home not the renovated one, and that we don't understand why they don't cover roof properly first place and ours Supervisor said that "If we know so much about building we probably shouldn't build with Simons"...

+ nothing at all

- we had troubles with every single stage of the constraction

70 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 69 helpful votes

very disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2011

we were very disappointed with the way work was carried out by Simmonds. Our superviser was extremely unorganised and failed to follow set timelines, resulting in our house being delayed 1 month already and we still dont know when it will be done. The workers also failed to stick with the original plan of our house, leaving out a window on the 2nd story of our house and using the wrong design for the splashback in our kitchen.
overall, a lot of communication between Simmonds, supervisores and workers needs to improve.

- non-reliable

69 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 68 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2009

The worst thing is that staff do not respond. This is the same from CSO through to Management. Take my advice - look for a different builder - anyone other than Simonds.

+ Not much to like. House design is nice but that's where it ends

- Staff are incompetent and lack courtesy. Phone calls are not returned. House has been completed but there isn't enough room to list the defects but here are some. Termite protection pipes are still exposed so protection can't be installed. Garage door doesn't lock. Window lock fell out. Door handles were put on back to front and door would not unlock without a lot of effort. They had the cheek to put a hole through our door to secure a plaque with their 'S' without our permission. Walls are way out of alignment. Paint job is atrocious. Sides of interior doors are rough. We moved into the house in early July but outside work is still incomplete. Brickwork is terrible - holes in bricks are clearly visible above doors and windows. Mortar still covers bricks. Caulking is incomplete. Bath has not been sealed around edges and water has run down inside bath and ruined plaster and carpet of adjoining bedroom. We recently had a plumber do some work and he told us that the roof tiles do not overlap. If anyone would like to see my home before signing a contract, please feel free to respond and I would be happy for you to visit. We are currently going through the Building and Advisory Complaints to see what they can do for us.

68 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 67 helpful votes
Private message

Where do I start without swearing!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

We built with Simonds last year and have had numerous problems regarding our flooring (the main issue) which is still unsolved a year later. They are refusing to replace the floor which had scratches before we even moved in (which were reported when we moved in and had been made my kitchen fittings). Subsequent visits by various tradesmen to repair other parts of the house have resulted in further more serious scratches on the floor. Simonds are point blank refusing to replace as it will be of cost to them. They are however offering to repair the scratches (they are all over the place). Even the flooring guy that came to inspect said it would make more sense to replace. However, we are at our wits end. As building in Australia is a first for us were not sure what to do. I would likethe floor replaced and looking as it should have been when we moved in. Apart from that we had different coated interior doors, we ended up having our porch rendered as theyd made such a bad job of the brickwork. They tried to repair it but instead stained it due to not washing the brick acid off. During that process they managed to splash brick acid all over the front door and door handle. Door handle was replaced but now its upside down!!!! THis needs changing along with leaky bathroom tap they have been to "repair". Sealant needs to be reapplied to a bathroom cabinet that was replaced, paintwork on loft hatches needs to be redone, the list goes on. What I thought was going to be an exciting time for us, putting roots down in Australia has just completely stressed us out. I doubt we will ever build again and would definately not recommend Simonds Homes to anyone! Any advice would be extremely grateful for.

+ Absolutely not a thing

- Lies from start to finish!!!! Bad BAD customer service!!!!!

• 3 answers
  • 79 helpful votes
Private message

DEPOSIT SNATCHER --- Beware dont pay a deposit to simonds especially..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2011

We live in the south eastern suburbs. We went to their office in Berwick and liked a plot.The old nice spaeking lady told there are only a few left and selling fast.If you like it pay us the deposit.I wanted to secure it and asked wat if decide change our plans. They were going to refund our deposit.We cancelled it on feb 24 and till today we are still waiting for the money.The usual refund takes 28 days according to their paperwork.

+ very expensive builder

- They consume more time to build the same house as researched.

• 67 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2010

We stupidly got sucked into paying a deposit to lock in a promotion that was ending based on some prices on a design we liked written on a piece of paper. He pressured us to sign up now or miss out, and if we paid the deposit that weekend, they'd throw in a flat-screen TV as well! We know how stupid this sounds looking back, to make the most important decision in our lives based on getting a free tv, but we thought this is a well known company everything should be fine. BUT NO! We were told our building contract was ready and we booked a signing appointment. We were not given our contract before, even when we asked for it, we were told it was Simonds policy to see your contract only when you are signing it! When we went to our signing appointment it was clear why we weren't shown it before hand... The contract had blown out over $28,000! There were also a number of dodgy contract items which they were evasive in explaining. We asked to take the contract away and have it checked by a solictor which they refused! They said take it or leave it. Needless to say, we refused to be bullied by an obviously dodgy company so we cancelled and forfeited our deposit money. We have since signed our contract and begun building with Metricon, who have been much more transparent and honest throughout the process (including providing us with a full itemised estimate of our house before we paid our deposit!). I felt obligated to write this as having been through the process with two different builders, there is the professional way to do things and the door-to-door vaccuum cleaner saleman way (who only cares about getting the deposit)! My advice to you is don't be sucked in with stupid items like a free tv, which they offer you suddenly to deposit right there and then, do your research and ask for itemised pricing before spending your hard earned cash.

+ seemingly good valued promotions, schmick 'used-car' sales like people & a free flat-screen TV to DEPOSIT NOW! NOW! NOW!

- EVERYTHING! Do not get sucked in by their flash promotions and slick sales people - all they want is your deposit so they can get you emotionally attached to their design so they can smack you with huge costs later and hope you don't cancel.

• 66 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2012

Do not build with SIMONDS HOMES!!! They are far from professional, draw you in with nice house designs and cheap prices. But thats where it ends. Poor communication, poor customer service, poor quality of work, lies throughout the process from a number of representatives, CSO's, Managers, SS's, the list is endless...

Try to enforce the 'Simonds Policy' which contradicts the Law! Consumer Affairs have stated that Simonds has breached the act, yet are still insisting that they are correct in their interpretations! CA administer the Building Contracts ACT!!! how can they be wrong???

Once the money is being paid, the care factor is non-existent. The workmanship is unbelievably poor. Yet the Customer Service Manager says 'it meets regulation and Simonds Standard'. Will not take into account the reports of Independent Inspectors and take an eternity to fix even minor issues such as paint and chips in the plaster.

The best decision you could make as a home builder is to NOT CHOOSE SIMONDS!!

- Terrible customer service, sales staff blatantly lie to get the contract signed, pushy and bully customers into accepting building works that do not meet the building regulations, breach the Building Contracts Act a number of times yet maintain they are in the right. Refuse to Fix Defects that are found via independent inspection. Did not allow reasonable access to the building site because they were reacting to complaint that was raised regarding their customer service.

66 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 66 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2012

Dont go no where near simonds to build your dream home. you will be scarred and devasted. they have no professionalism in their building process and simply do not care if you have any problems, they just want your money in the end. please stay away it is not worth it. dont be convinced and persuaded by their lovely display homes and advertising gimmicks 'we are in it together' because it is the total opposite. they are in to make your building process are nightmare.

+ Warning do not contract into buying a home with simonds,absolutely pathetic! you will be ripped off and left shattered with building your dream home, just like us. its a nightmare............. they should not be able to operate at all. there is no customer service from the salesman, building supervisor to their tradesmen. we are in contact with consumer affairs to rectify our problems as simonds are not co-operating at all

- We have been building with simonds since oct 2009, nearly a whole year now. it took us 8 months for our sales tender contract to be completed as no one knew what they were talking about. they wont even allow you to take away the contract to review as it is 'not part of our policy' they say, bullshit.... their customer service staff are so inmature and unknowledging about the building process and as for their draftsmen they only know how to bulk draw any changes you may require they do not have a clue!

the timeframe between the finished contract and start of construction took 4 months. from day one we had problems as they layed the slab incorrectly. then in the framework they shorten the back of the house. luckily my husband is a bit of a handyman and checked the measurements and discovered this was a problem. supervisor at the time was told including head office but no one cares, absolutely no one, not even the area manager. the plaster work has been badly damaged by rainwater during the summer storms and they tell us its all ok. walls are all out of wack nearly in everyroom in our 42 square home and as for the paint work just, disgraceful, my 4 year old can do better.

66 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 64 helpful votes

Simonds... You will regret it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2011

We do not recommend Simonds for anyone and if anyone planning to build with Simonds please be careful you will regret it.

Their Big Brand Promo's are a big trap and we have ended up with paying additional $$$$ on top of the Big Brand Promo’s to obtain developer compliance, and this was secretly added to the post contract variation without even discussing with us, Halleluja…. how doggy you are Simonds

Our CRC proves she is well trained at Simonds, we have noticed an additional window added onto the floor plan in the entry area and when I contacted the CRC for clarification, she said this is because of I changed the façade, when I contacted the engineering dept; they confirms floor plan and façade are two different things, Liar Liar your pants on fire

We have requested a change of façade much before the contract signing to avoid their drafting fee, so this was never incorporated into our contract and Simonds treated this as a post contract variation (structural) and we have been charged a drafting fee.
We have requested MADINF 18G (front entry door) instead of the standard MADINF 4G and the difference between these doors are $40, where we have charged $700 extra for upgrade.

When we raised our concerns with the Simonds customer relationship manager, the essence of the reply was “This is what it is, you have already signed the contract, so better comply” Hello which you planet you live Mr. Simonds

We have just signed the contract and a long way to go till completion, and we are fully aware of what is waiting for us. So I encourage anyone planning to build with Simonds, please read my story

+ Absolutely Nothing

- Everything, they are unprofessional and doggy

64 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 64 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2009

First and very bad experience in building a house. It's a shame for a company like Simonds. I would NOT RECOMMEND SIMONDS to anyone. I don't know if it is the same for the other builders but forget about Simonds. It is not worth it. Now our house will not be ready on time. We have to rent a storage and do the moving 2 times. On our return from holidays, we will be without a place to live. So have to look for another place. Additional costs again. I really hope that these persons mentioned will recognize themselves because I don't really care about them. Y should I? Did they care or bother about us?? SIMONDS IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ - Display houses look great (actually when you think about it, it's the same for all builders)
- Got a very good and helpful sales representative at Simonds, [name censored]. He was even here to help us during the building period. Thumbs up for this guy.

- - Absolutely no customer service. No communication between each department. It was a real mess. We change customer service because we reported her. She was arrogant, has no manner talking to people and even call my girlfriend "ball breaker" while she was talking on the phone with the supervisor. Unfortunately she did not know that she was on the speaker phone and that we were present. And the one replacing her was even worst. No feedback at all from her.
- The house not up to standard. Windows not aligned, electricity not working, pantry not aligned, etc... make sure you check and double check everything.
- Settlement department cannot even inform you about the settlement date and the final cost of the house.
- Supervisor is incompetent, is a liar and doesn't even know the procedures. He kept promising that the house will be ready before Christmas. All the jobs that he told us was going to be done the next day have never been. Sometimes it took him 2-3 weeks to complete them. We even have to cancel the installation of our blinds several times. He seems not a good time manager and has no control on his sub-contractors.
- Supervisor did not even know we needed a certificate from the plumber. Bulls..t!!!

64 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 63 helpful votes

Worst customer service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

Melbourne Western Suburbs Please note Simonds..... Very poor customer service. NO communication... When I showed the defects to the site supervisor he nodded and said he will fix it 9th of Aug (this was the previous day before plastering, he didn't even bother to tell me that they would plaster the next day).

Next day 10th of Aug I got a call from the customer representative saying they are going to plaster. When I said the defects in the structure needs to be fixed before they plaster.... they said it would delay the plaster by 2 weeks which i agreed to and said first fix the bent structure and then plaster. Also provide insulation to the extended portion of the ceiling before plaster) When I called the site supervisor he said he will get it fixed and take pictures to show me the proof.

Guess what happened they plastered the same day 10th of Aug even without informing me. When I went there on the same afternoon they were already half way through it just took them a little over 1 day to plaster the whole double storey house with lot of damages to the plaster boards which later were covered by plaster cement. (I would have done a better job myself). The wall in some areas are uneven and bent.

I haven't got any pictures or calls from then on. they say we are in together I think they should change it to you are left all alone and have to take what we give.

It looked like the site supervisor wanted to help but couldn't do anything because his manager did not approve and said it was ok without even having a look at what needs to be fixed. I had asked the phone number of the manager and said i didn't mind talking to him. The site supervisor denied to give me the phone number instead said will give me the e-mail address which he hasn't provided yet. This is what you get from Simonds all the way from the start.

+ We just liked the design (we are paying for it now)

63 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 63 helpful votes

Absolutley Shocking! Do not build with Simonds

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

We started building in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne in August 2010 and we had selected what we believed was the best house for the block, the builder of this home is Simonds. We took advice from various forums and undertook inspections from the start and forwarded all the reports to the Site Manager, CSR and Construction Manager and the reports were completely ignored. The issue now is that what were small problems to fix at frame stage are now a huge problems as the house is 'nearly finished' according to Simonds. The issues that we have had are major structural defects due to poor workmanship and negligence. We are now 12 months into the construction with no end in sight. We have asked numerous times for a meeting with the Management at Simonds to discusss the issues and rectification process and the silence is deafening. Please if you are considering building with Simonds don't! We thought that with an independent inspector we would ensure we have a structurally sound home however, unless Simonds are going to take note of these reports and rectify the issues before covering them up then it will cost you far more in the long run both financially and emotionally. Again please do not build with Simonds! You have been warned! We now have a home that is structurally defective and doesn't meet minimum building regulations.

+ House Plans