Ballarat

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

My build journey with Simonds has been so far so GREAT. Could not recommend them more.

We will be selecting our colours for the house next month. I cannot yet comment on the build journey with Simonds but I certainly can comment on the quality of their customer service. I met Brent Jacobsson in the Simonds Lucas display home center.

I walked in the doors as a last resort comparing prices between the many builders in Ballarat after already having my heart set on Porter Davis, keeping in mind I had already been through Langdon, Dennis Family Homes, Metricon, Porter Davis, Burbank, G.J Gardner Homes and Hearty Homes it was a miracle that I was able to be persuaded to a different builder.

I fell in love with Simonds the minute I walked in the door. 10 minutes before closing time I walked in, sat down, said my budget, house requirements and land size and within 15 minutes Brent had found the perfect home for me. He stayed back late that night to meet my very demanding requests willingly and happily to help me. I was on a tight time frame for the build and within a month Brent had completed the first stage of selection for my build. I could not be happier with the customer service.

Brent has proved to me how much Simonds care about their clients - I work terrible hours and Brent stayed back time and time again up to an hour or more just to help me get everything completed before the Christmas Break, he took calls on his days off, answered emails promptly on his holidays and went out of his way to keep communication at a maximum between us.

I could tell he himself loved Simonds homes, he gave very realistic and down to earth advice about the build and at no point did I ever feel pressured to max out my budget or add inclusions I did not need. He was very down to earth when it came to realistic time frames, practicality of my grand ideas for the house in my head and he was also very focused on helping me meet my time frame.

When choosing my builder I relied heavily on product review and there are good stories and horror stories for each builder, but my personal experience could not have been topped with Simonds and I have now met a wide range of people from other departments and found them all to be very helpful and insightful.

I am a young first home builder and when comparing prices I saw a massive price difference with value for money. However, surprisingly for me this was not the big selling point. I loved the variety in plans and the options for flexibility within the home itself. More than anything though as inexperienced builder I needed someone to take the time to walk me through all the steps and invest time in me as a young builder to make sure I made good decisions and Simonds certainly offered this, taking me very seriously from the beginning.

Among my highest recommendations for Brent from the Lucas office, the Sales Assistance lady (whose name I cannot remember) made me feel very welcome and at home walking into the office and she also deserves the greatest praises for being so professional and making the effort to make me feel like such a valued person and customer.

I am often one to write reviews when an experience is not so good, but Simonds have fantastic stuff going for them and I certainly believe these excellent Sales Consultants deserve a thank you and some recognition for their great work. Here's to the rest of the build....

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Very smoothly step by step

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Excellent builder, all good so far.

The house just only have minor problem, but follow up well and fixed.

Quick email response, and follow up well.

There are nothing to complaint. Good quality and high standard. Satisfied with warranty and feeling confident. Nice staff and willing to help and solve your problem. And provide professional knowledge and suggestion.
Excellent Excellent Excellent

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Fantastic building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I am extremely happy with the build quality of my property. The journey from start to finish has been smooth and stress free. My supervisor, Jared, kept me up to date with the progress and answered all of my questions. All of my contacts at Simonds were extremely helpful, accommodating and supportive and made the journey a very enjoyable one.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Trudy! Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Excellent customer serviceA+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Our experience with Simonds Homes so far has been A+. Stress free and enjoyable.

Excellent customer service and support right from the beginning when we first walked into the Bendigo display homes.

Joel West was our sales consultant, he was so helpful and happy to answer all of our questions and went above and beyond before taking the next step. No pressure at all!! Then there was the lovely ladies in the office, Penny, Deb and Claire who were only a phone call away if we had any other concerns. Lisa was very helpful when it came to signing our contract, making sure we had everything right, before signing off.

Our gallery appointment was amazing! Car our gallery consultant was fantastic! She took the words out of my mouth, she knew exactly what we wanted and made sure we had the best possible outcome without going over our budget.

Can’t wait for the next step and moving forward with Craig, Ryan and Ando on the construction side of things.

Bring on FRBRUARY so construction can begin!! Super excited and can’t wait to see our home come together.

Highly recommended building with the team at Simonds Bendigo!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sarah, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Unbelievable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Finishes were amazing.
Our supervisor Paul McNamara was great with making sure the finishes were 100% and making sure the trades and build were on time.
Highly recommend Paul mcnamara as he is easy to talk and make for a trouble free build.

The girls in the Geelong office were great with regular calls to update us on the build

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jimmy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

Best Customer Service at Bay View (Vic.)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

I would like to let you know how helpful Tania Bell at the Bay View Estate, Curlewis (Vic.) sales office has been. It was because of her being so accommodating in finding a house design which fitted my criteria that I chose Simonds as my builder. I am hoping I will be as happy in the building stages which are ahead of me.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Averyal, thanks for the great feedback. If you'd like, please provide your job number and we'll pass along the feedback to the team member involved, including Tania! We hope the next part of you... read more »

golden square

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2015

Super Impresed First Home Builders/owners!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Our Simonds journey began in August 2014, in Bendigo with Shane as our sales consultant! Shane was an amazing, bubbly salesman who always had time for his clients, and he knew his stuff!! You could tell he was passionate about his job.
Our build finished in under the quoted time (they worked through the Christmas break- there was a brick layer there ON Christmas day!). We had only a very few "teething issues" when we first moved in (eg. a leaking sink that just needed to be tightened) but Craig was an amazing site supervisor and the issues were addressed and fixed within DAYS!
And a special shout out to Helen for staying back past her finishing time on the day of handover so we could get the keys later that evening.
We love our home, it was a great value for our budget. We have been living in our Simonds home for over two and a half years and are still so happy! Great quality, no issues with appliances that came with the home, nothing.
I have heard horror stories from clients about almost every builder/company but I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt, we COULD NOT fault Simonds. I have recommended 2 friends to Simonds and would recommend them to EVERYONE!!
When people ask me if we would ever build again- I say, I'm scared to, because there I no way our next experience could go as perfectly as this one did!
110% customer satisfaction!
A+++ to the whole team! THANKS EVERYONE!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Laura! Thank you for the great feedback! What a wonderful review. If you'd like to provide your job number, I can pass this along to all the team members involved! We're very happy you had such... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2017

I am very happy and satisfied with Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

Our first home built in 2017, have been living in the house for 11 months, NIL major issues so far
We had quite few issues with site manger at the beginning, Simonds took our feed back seriously and corrected the small errors immediately. I was lucky that I chose to build with Simonds. Finally, I would like to thank Maria as she has been cooperative, helpful for every single question from the beginning to end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Yimeselam! Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

Q2935

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Satisfaction Guaranteed. It is what a customer is after... Never expected that the built was quick w

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Need to commend Ly Wong who is our sales consultant and the first point of contact on our build journey. He was transparent, professional and promptly answer our detailed queries. Bridget, our CRC and Brent, our site supervisor did an amazing job. Both of them are are fantastic and keep you updated on every stages of the built. That is really what a customer is really after. It is normal that every built has minor issue as long as it is resolve and dealt with.

Overall my experience with Simonds is amazing and highly recommended to those who are still looking to build their dream home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Melvin, thanks so much for your review!

Simonds Official

Hi Melvin, Just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if th... read more »

N0858 is the job number. Currenly I am having issue with AGL since Im not still part of their database. They wrote me a long email requiring to comply the requirements they need. Hopefully someone ... read more »

sydney

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Very happy with the overall experience ! Well done Dylan a REAL asset to Simonds.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

This was the very first home that I have engaged a builder. I was really very nervous, luckily I chose Simonds. I was very fortunate to meet Dylan, the site supervisor, who really seemed to care about not only my home but me as well. No job was too big or too small for him. As some one who has been in the retail business with over 30 years experience, it was great to meet some one as passionate as I was!
Simonds should look after this guy, as he is sure to be head hunted by other builders out there!

A special thank you to Jimmy from the accounts department, who was in constant communication with me about my accounts and due to no fault of either party, dealt with a very sensitive issue very very well. Well done Jimmy!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your review, glad your experience was so positive!

Simonds Official

Hi Michael, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if t... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Outstanding customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

We have just finished to build our new home and love to live in it now. Our experience was in general pretty good, from our sales person to our CRC person, they always try their best to solve any issues we encounter throughout our build. We love to deal with our CRC especially, she was so patient and always was ready to hear from us even in our more stressful times.
Our home was done as we requested, the admin stage was hard because we requested so many changes that it created issues at times but they were resolved one by one. Then we have the quickest build ever, we signed contract in mid May, and then by the end of August slab was poured and then we moved in December.
I believe Simonds definitely deserve 5 start, and it is because their customer focus approach.
If you are thinking to build with Simonds I really recommend them, and the only advice I can give is to make a lot of research before you have your gallery appointment.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Erika, glad to hear you received such great service. Will pass your feedback on to the team.

Simonds Official

Hi Erika, just following up, If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if the... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

The BEST sales and customer service we have ever experienced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

We have just reached site start at this stage,but the journey so far has been positive. This is our second house we have built, and you learn a lot quickly with your first home, so when we chose Simonds it was because of the quality of the product and the professionalism of their sales team and customer service.
We only had 1 issue arise in the pre-site stage which was discussed with management and the outcome was favourable. The sales team was very knowledgeable in the house design and what would work for our block of land, and was always available for any questions that we had. We also had a set budget for us to work towards, and naturally you exceed that when you go through the gallery, you want everything!!! But the team help us without any fuss get back to budget with losing a majority of the extras we were wanting. We are excited to see the finished product.

Comments
Simonds Official

HI Tim, thanks so much. Always great to hear, will pass your feedback on to the team.

Simonds Official

Hi Tim, just following up. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there... read more »

Q3399

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Genuine service and exceptional work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I'm currently building my 2nd home with Simonds. I built my 1st home with them back 3 years ago. This time I'm building the Villa Vittoria. My experience with Simonds have been amazing. I enjoyed every part of it, the genuine service, professionalism and the efficiency work have once again blown me away. Shaun Neville my site supervisor has been delivering exceptional work, with the amount of rain we had, my house is at fixing stage and it only has been 3 months since the construction started.

Everyone who have helped me in the process have been absolutely fantastic. Started with Sales consultant Carol who suggested the house plan that i love with a bit of personal touch with it, our customer service coordinator Jessica- answer any questions i had in a promptly manner, my gallery professional Jesse and our tiles consultant Jaz, they are an exceptional professional who helped me alot with my colours selection - lastly as mentioned earlier my supervisor Shaun is exceptional of what he does. Also he is very easy to talk to.
Genuine service is the right term to describe this exceptional team.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my house. And now we all can not wait to move in!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Thanks for your feedback! Always great to hear of customers choosing to build a 2nd or 3rd time with our team.

Simonds Official

Hi N.L, just following up, if you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback and experience to the team members involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

It's all worth it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

From day one, the people from Simonds were very enthusiastic and very helpful in the whole process. There were very open to answer all questions that I wished to ask. The guys in Simonds are warm and accommodating to my needs all the time. I'm still on the process of my loan and had a lot of setbacks with my application. Even so, there were very open and flexible to adjust to this very lengthy process. What makes Simonds stand out from the other builders I would say is that you have the freedom to customise your own home through their various upgrade options, and the staff in their Loganholme Gallery made me feel very at ease and helped me a lot in choosing the right colour themes and design for my home. I made the perfect choice in deciding to go and build with Simonds. And yes I believe it will all be worth it!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kris, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us and the Loganholme team been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Talk about structure and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Walking into the Wonthaggi branch always makes you feel good! From the start dealing with Brad and Jess it was a fun, easy and straightforward. Brad's and Jess's knowledge is evident and made me feel totallycomfortable with the product Simonds are offering.

Moving onto Skie, the service and updates along the process are outstanding. She is always super prompt with her responses and so keen to help. All over there is great dynamic in the whole team including James, Mick and Scotty. I would highly recommend building with Simonds in Wonthaggi!!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Victoria, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us and the Wonthaggi branch has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can ... read more »

Oxenford

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Simonds are all about service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

The team from Simonds have been very helpful right from the start at the display home at Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast. We dealt with Cary, who was fantastic allowing us to modify the floor plan to suit our needs, some builders will not let you do this. Lyn is our customer relation coordinator and she has been just great. Working with us for over 2 years as our land took a lot longer than anyone could predict it would. In this time we had made a lot of changes to the house with adding extras and taking out other things moving things around, she was very patient, professional and accommodating to our needs at all times. We finally got our slab poured mid October 2017. Our site superviser Cam has been working very hard with us and the house is now three quarters finished. Cam has met all our requests and expectations with the build thus far. I can highly recommend Simonds to anyone who is looking for a builder that will deliver the results that you deserve.

Greg W

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Greg, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! Only one quarter left! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can... read more »

Our job number is Q2333

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Sep 2018

The Simonds people makes the difference!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Before I decided which builder to go with I almost contacted all the mainstream builders in the market. The reasons that I finally chose Simonds because the Flinders design is quite good and Simonds is flexible to modify the standard design to meet almost all my needs. In addition to the product itself, the Simonds staff is the most significant+ factor that helps me to make the final decision. My sales consultant Michael Downs from Upper Coomera display home is a very responsible and patient gentleman, as a first home buyer, I had lots of questions with regard to the construction of the house. Every time I sent a question list to Michael, he replied me promptly and in case that he needed to take some time to consult with some other colleagues he kept me informed of the progress all the time, his answers in most cases are more than my expectation. I also appreciate Carol Lok who works in Rochedale display home, she is quite professional and gave me a lot of useful suggestions despite she is not my direct sales consultant. My Client Relationship Coordinator Maria Lozano is also very nice, she tried very hard to meet all my requests to ensure a satisfactory client experience. One thing worth to mention that every time she gave me a call I can feel her passion and enthusiasm from her voice. My contract presentor Catherine is pregnant and will give birth to her baby next month, but she still work very hard and explain the contract terms for me. Overall, my experience with Simonds so far is quite good and Simonds staff impressed me by demonstrating a very good team work and internal cooperation.

I just signed the contract with Simonds last week and the construction is expected to commence early next year. The construction is the most important part of the whole building journey, I hope Simonds could continue to deliver its satisfactory service and products to clients and don't let me down. I would continue to update my experience with Simonds here as the construction is going on. Really can't wait to see my dream house comes to life.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Larry, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

A very positive experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

From day one we have been very happy with our choice to use Simonds to build. From getting so much help and guidance from Brad and Jess in sales then onto Skie, our CRC who never hesitated to answer all our questions and finally Aaron our construction supervisor who has been on the ball from day one with any issues on site and frequent updates. We can't wait to see our finished home and have every bit of confidence in the whole Simonds team that it will be amazing!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lisa! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Smooth sailing!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Very happy with the process so far and am super excited to see my finished home!! From the beginning Carol our sales adviser was so patient and detailed with every bit of our design stage that we knew we came to the right place, the level of knowledge and care she displayed was really comforting as this is our dream home. We were concerned that this would not always be so smooth throughout the process however Jess our customer coordinator has been super helpful and always keeping us informed and guiding us through this process. Getting this far has not come without any stress however having the support structure that we have experienced is much of a relief for us. The building manager Ricky even came to our site for a preliminary site visit to go through what complications we would face during construction. I truly would like to thank Simonds and their QLD team for looking after our forever home!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi AnthonyW! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Simonds is great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Simonds team members are all very helpful and patient with our questions as we don't have any experience of building our own house. our supervisor Lyn always can solve our concerns and makes the progress goes more easily. I love the art gallery so many choices in there and had a lot of fun! So far really enjoy building our first house with Simonds!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi CLH! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fe... read more »

1 of 44 pages