Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Poor Admin and False commitment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I have signed contract on July-2017 to build two story house. However, due to lack of staff, poor communication and delay in file processing as today (13/12/2017) construction has not commence at our site. The sales staff shows different picture while signing for initial amount but in realty its different, they(sales staff) they can't do much about it.

They are getting more jobs. However, they have not enough resources staff,contractors to fulfill the promise and that results, I am paying for rent and mortgage for my land as well. If anyone, want to review and confirm my scenario I would like to share, so you will opt for better alternative.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Varun, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we have ensure a team member contacts you as... read more »

Noble Park

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: May 2017

Started Awesome & ended with a huge Dissapointment :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Hi, So me and my partner started looking for the perfect home we want build. Visited 100's of display houses. Finally found what we were looking for in Simonds. To start with sales guy was very polite and helpful. They let us make all the changes we wanted in plan and staff in gallery was very supportive and patience. We even went back to gallery for further changes later. All stuff was finalized and we were set to go once our land got title. We liked the admin we were provided. She understood our house quiet well and we trusted her.... Then things started going side ways. We were given a new admin. When our land got finalized. We found out they increased the price of our home with another $7000. Too bad we trusted the sales guy and previous admin about the fix price. We had nothing in written. Anyway the house started building and we have given a supervisor who will take care of our building process. Who will provide us regular updates and if we have any doubts or have to arrange a meeting in house, he was suppose to be our point of contact. Guy hardly picked up his phone, never replied to emails or messages. There is no work done on house for weeks and suddenly we found out its because our supervisor is on indefinite leave. As per there communication our current house is already leased. We have 3 weeks to vacate. Still no sign of work done on site. Every time I communicate with our admin she just make up a 2 weeks period for PCI inspection. Simonds is a big company. Its shame they have no one to work on our site....... Its really sad. We have never given them any trouble in whole process. They discontinued the tiles we liked, we chose another, they run out of carpet we liked, we chose another, never delayed in any payments even when there was no work going on site. Expected a better treatment and understanding in return...

Update, its been 5 months in home now. Suddenly one of the roof started leaking. I called their maintenance team as per what I was told in case anything like this happen. She rudely told me to call insurance and said they won't look at it. Next day our roof cracked and their is a big hole in it and we can see the tiles were not put in correctly in first place and that's how rain water clogged in that spot... thanks a lot simonds... :(

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ankur, I'm very sorry to hear this. Could you please let us know what your build number is so we can get someone to follow up with you?

Hi, Just so everyone know. I have never received any communication since above comment by Simonds Official. So, you can see how is their after sale service. :(

Curlewis

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2013

Poor quality of work and handballing responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

- On 7 and 8 Oct 2017 we hear gurgling sounds whenever the shower is used, toilets are flushed, and taps are used. It also took a long time for water to flush and go down the drain.
- On 9 Oct, both our toilets become blocked. In the evening we called a plumber to come and
- On 10 Oct, [name removed] (No Doubt Plumbing) came to our property. He found that there was no ground level access to the sewer, and when he called Barwon Water no sanitary plan has been submitted after the house was built. [name removed] used an equipment to locate the shaft (acccess to sewer) and dug the surface to try and find it. No shaft was found and since his equipment located it within 1.3metres of ground, he provided us with a quote to get an excavator to find the shaft. He informed us that every house should have a ground level access to the sewer, and this is an issue that needs to be rectified by the plumbers who Simonds Home used to do the plumbing work for our house. In the evening, we called [name removed] at Simonds Home Curlewis and left a message to explain the situation. Later on, [name removed] got back to us and told us to call Simonds Home Geelong Office where Brooke will answer the call.
- On 11 Oct in the morning, we called Simonds Home Geelong Office and explain the situation to [name removed]. She then transferred us to [name removed] (Simonds Home Maintenance) and we had to explain the situation again. [name removed] informed us that [name removed] (Simonds Home Maintenance) will contact us to discuss solution. Soon after, [name removed] called us back to clarify our plumbing situation. We provided him with the contact number of [name removed] (No Doubt Plumbing) to provide details about the situation. [name removed] spoke to [name removed] then contacted us back and handballed the responsibility; saying that because the plumbing has worked up to 7 Oct it is now our responsibility to fix the problems and he was only willing to get the plumbers to submit the sanitary plan to Barwon Water.
- Later that day, we got [name removed] from Peachey Plumbing to have a look at our plumbing/sewer issues. [name removed] managed to find access that’s supposed to be at ground level by digging further. He (and I witnessed this myself) found built up household fat that’s stuck in the pipe and unable to go through therefore caused the blockage. [name removed] used an equipment to help them go through and that’s when he found that the pipe hasn’t been installed properly as it doesn’t line up with the junction (which meant blockage can happen easily). He managed to provide us with an interim solution however it could block up again anytime.
- [name removed] informed us that it’s an issue the plumbers used by Simonds Home need to rectify, as they are the people responsible for 1) installing everything correctly, 2) ensuring there’s ground level access (shaft) to sewer, and 3) submitting sanitary plan to Barwon Water.
- We then called Simonds Geelong Office again and informed [name removed] (Simonds Home Maintenance) of the findings. [name removed] informed us that she got in contact with the plumbers and requested for them to come to our house. We followed up and called [name removed] again later that day, she informed us that [name removed] (United Plumbing) will get in contact with us. We continued following up and tried calling [name removed] who ignored our calls but answered to texts. [name removed] mentioned that the person responsible for maintenance will get in touch. We waited until end of business day, and never heard back so we followed up again with [name removed] then soon after we received a call from [name removed] (United Plumbing Maintenance) who said he can come out on the 19th of Oct. We had to explain the situation again, and passed on the contact number of [name removed] from Peachey Plumbing.
- On 12 Oct, [name removed] informed us that he spoke to [name removed] (Peachey Plumbing) to get further details and asked me to contact [name removed] (Simonds Home Maintenance) to ensure that they’re happy for them to come out and fix the issues for us. We then called and spoke to [name removed] again, and forwarded the contact details of [name removed] (Peachey Plumbing) to explain exactly what needed to be done.
- On 17 Oct [name removed] from United Plumbing came to measure our back gate to ensure their equipment would fit.
- On 19 Oct, [name removed] and another person came with an excavator. They re-installed the junction and pipe so they line up and elevate the shaft to ground level.

To summarize, due to the poor quality of work(1. pipe and junction not lining up, 2. no ground level access to sewer, 3. no sanitary plan submitted to Barwon Water) done by the plumbers contracted by Simonds Home (United Plumbing), we were unable to use our toilets due to the blockage for 2 days, had to get two independent plumbers to come to try and solve the problems and spent $500, and had to take 3 unpaid days off work (10, 11, 19 October). We believe it is Simonds Home responsibility to ensure the work done by all your contractors are of acceptable quality. We believe at a very least, reimbursement of plumber fees are more than fair.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi David and Andie, I understand that Troy spoke to Andie on Thursday and this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Best wishes, Kiandra

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

It was our biggest mistake to build our first house with Simonds. It was a long journey to finish the house but now there is a big list oh things should be fix first week according to Supervisor but waiting more than three months and nobody cares. We called office every day and they have same excuse that it will be fixed soon. End of the day they just care about money nothing else.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Gill, I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue in your new home. If you send me a direct message with your job number, I’ll ensure that a Simonds team member is in touch as soon as possib... read more »

Job no. 46545
I called South Morang office every week
But unfortunately no luck

Simonds Official

Hi Gill, thank you for providing your job number. I have forwarded your complaint onto the relevant Simonds team member who will be in contact as soon as possible to discuss your concerns further. ... read more »

Geelong

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

If I could give a 0 star rating I would (The worst experience EVER!! Wasting customers money and tim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Not enough room for me to write how extremely disappointed and frustrated I have been with Simonds home. This has been the most terrible experience in my life.

I started my quote preparation with Simonds’s Sale consultant in end of June 2017 at Simonds Homes Geelong sales office (Mount dunned). I made it very clear for the sale consultant at the beginning that my maximum budget to build my home could not exceed a certain amount. He confirmed that it will never exceed and every change made in the design the costing was included the quote and he had received approval for the final quote, from his Building Manager and Draftsman and that there would not be any hidden cost or extra costs. I have also paid more for the fixed site cost (including the retaining wall and etc) because I was going to make sure that I am not paying anything and be surprised afterwards. I had gone through every details with the Sales Consultant and ensured that every additional costing was included in the final quote before signing the final quote and he assured me that every cost have been approved by Building Manager and Draftsman and already included. After two months I signed the final quotation and payed the full deposit and my gallery appointments were booked. Only few days before my gallery appointments I was emailed by Simonds Geelong and been informed that the tender is not ready and I should wait more for the final tender including the house design before going to gallery appointment which was very weird for me. The result was cancelling my gallery appointment and postponing the final contract signing day to one month later.

After one month’s frustration and waiting, I was shocked and disappointed with the content of the 'tender' document. Not only is the tender document totally different to the initial quote, it contains additional new cost that I was reassured I would not be charged.
The tender document contains information and new costing about the design alternation (opposed to what we agreed on and signed in the final quote) and in addition to that the tender document mentions new things which has never even been discussed or raised with me, by Sale consultant or any representative of Simonds Homes. I found there to be approximately 10 errors and an additional $ 13,000 plus in costs which was shocking even before going to gallery appointment.

After a few days I have been called by Simonds general manager and been told that if I cannot pay this extra money I better to go and build with another builder. He did not even care that I have lost 4 months of my life waiting for them to build my home. This was not a good start, this was due to the unprofessional and incompetent behaviour by Simonds team. I have even sent a complaint to the head office and asked them to rectify the issue but have not been contacted from head office or even complaint department at all so far. This proves to me how incompetent the Simonds Homes are.

This is the way Simonds dealing with customers. I have been deceived and misled by their sale consultant to pay the deposit, sign with them and waste my four months time and they don’t even care about the rest because this is how they make money.

I am deeply disappointed now more than ever that I have chosen to build with your company and cannot wait for this pain staking experience to end.

I hope this gives other customers an insight as to how this company operates and treats its valued customers. Save yourself the stress, time and money and build with quality builders.

As I have not heard back from head office or complaint department, this has left me no choice other than lodging a formal complaint to Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria soon.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi again Hus, thank you for providing your job number. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed. As discussed, we will ensure ... read more »

It has been five days since ur last msg and I have not been contacted yet by any of your team members

Simonds Official

Hi Hus, I have been assured that the Simonds General Manager, Mark has contacted you on multiple occasions and discussed your concerns further to provide any explanation required on numerous occa... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Not a trusted builder any more!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Built two houses before. Paid refundable deposit for third one. Job didn’t succeed and asked my refundable deposit back as it hasn't gone upto contracts signing. They are refusing to give my deposit back. This is how they treat their loyal customers. Was a trusted builder when it was a family company but not anymore. Be careful with dealing with Simonds!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi again Pras, I understand that Sharyne has been in contact with you on Monday discussing your concerns, explained the reasoning and resolved the issue with your acceptance. Please let me know If ... read more »

No, I am not happy with her reasoning. The sales consultant assured me that the deposit will be refunded if I don't go ahead. According to my understanding, this is the standard practice in the ind... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: May 2016

After 1 year. Whole ceiling fall down in Alfresco area out of no where. Master bedroom ceiling got b

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

In 1 year.
Whole ceiling fall down in Alfresco area out of no where.
Master bedroon ceiling got big curve and falling down.

According to Simonds Homes they are not liable to any repairs after 1 year.
They act as this is our mistake that we build with them.

Very rude behaviour by lady in maintenance of department. We had live electrical wires e posed with whole ceiling fell down outside. They think it is not emergency. And can't say when they will fix this.

Supervisor is new and can't say when repairs will be done.

Please never build with simonds homes. Our dream home is a nightmare with falling ceiling in our house. This is because of dodgy ceiling works and according to simonds this is not their fault.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rid, Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated a... read more »

Sydney

Private message

STOP using SIMONDS HOME (NSW- SYDNEY) builder to build for your dream home.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I have very terrible experience with Simonds home (Sydney). I have signed paperwork and enter in contract on 13/12/2016 still 04/09/2017 (imaging planning process were started almost 2 months before with sales person), no sign of construction start. My contract number is N0879, if anyone interested contact Simonds Home Baulkham Hill office for more information.
There are some points to highlights,
1. Delayed by more than 6 weeks in architectural design to developed, suggested date was first week of FEB 2017. But report received on 13/03/2017 plus Kitchen design were incorrect than what was confirmed on earlier.
2. Exit door from garage to backyard was incorrect position, FUNNY thing is I have called so many times, emailed so many times still designer sending me incorrect door positions. This is the sign were staff are following their knowledge rather that what you have discussed. This is where took 2 months to get fixed. God knows what design (garage exit door) they have sent to Council.
3. Worst ever experience about gallery visit appointment, gave me first visit on 22/05/2017 which is one month after the contract signed. This visit was mainly for external color selection. 2nd gallery visit was on around 26/06 for internal color. I have raised simple question why can’t you finish in same appointment. THIS was so bad experience about gallery visit. I have also been told once you finish both gallery visit then Simonds will process documents for council lodgements.
So you can calculate total WASTE of extra month for gallery which apparently delayed council lodgements.
4. Council lodgement happened (after many calls and follow up with head office Baulkham Hill) on 20/07/2017. Almost 2 months after contract signed on 22/05/2017. Funny thing was I have followed up on 23/08 about what happened and whats update from council. So I have been told after 4 days that permit team had VERBAL conversation with council and they have requested some changes. You can image this information got after I have followed up. Simonds Home not even care to advise back. FUNNY thing, I called Blacktown council to find out what’s update, they have advised me, council send email around 15/08 to builder to provide more information. You can see discrepancy between what builder said.

As of today 04/09/2017, I am still waiting on update, what happen with council request. What Simonds home doing to provide requested information to council. God know when construction starts.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lalit, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration and want to let you know that we take your feedback very seriously. We would like to make sure that all of your con... read more »

Thanks Kiandra, I am eagerly waiting on that someone contact me.

Back again with same issue, Still no updates on council approval and who is working on it. Really disappointing the way handling client and not sharing informations.

Wallan

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Terrible Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

I have just paid the $1500 to start my process. On final drawings they changed a lot on the structure. As well there were all hidden costs. I spend more than $90,000 on upgrade but they don't provide the service and what they promised. They included the price for tiles and the floor as per display home but when I was in gallery they quote me $4500 and for the tiles $7500. Specially be careful with the salesperson whose name is [name removed]. He always make stories rather than provide the service. I have sent many emails and call many times to Simonds Head office to my co-ordinator but they never reply. Thanks God still I didn't sign the contract Be careful before you pay any cent to Simonds Home. I will never go to Simonds Home and don't allow to anyone in my friend circle.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jass, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Coul... read more »

Hi Kiandra Thanks for reply. My name is Jaswinder Singh & mob no. 0425137104. But I am definitely sure Simonds Home will not contact to me. I think it's your company policy if you have no solution ... read more »

Customer experience is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

We built 2 houses with Simonds and consultant [name removed] which is amazing (she is the best in the industry) and we went to get some advise with regards to our 3rd house that we going to built. Unfortunately [name removed] was not available so we had to go and talk to [name removed] today who works at Berwick Simonds display. Me and my partner couldn't believe what we hearing as she was so rude and said to us "So you want to waste my time" didn't even listen to our question. We were so disappointed and left the place. I felt really bad about whole experience as because of these people the good name of this company is going down the hill.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Keisha, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Co... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2017

I won't name names...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

I wanted to give Simonds a chance to leave something positive, which is why I have left it till now to leave a review. We are currently in the middle of the three month maintenance, yet they still have not upped their game.
Our initial experience at the sales office in Keysborough was excellent, which was why we agreed to go ahead with Simonds. The sales person spent countless hours helping us design an ideal floor plan to suit our needs, often staying back after hours and driving out to Berwick to walk us through our plans. But that's where the service stopped. After paying the initial deposit, the drama commenced.
From tender appointment through to contract signing, our CRC changed hands 3 times. The first CRC often ignored calls and emails, then eventually left without even informing us until we went into the Springvale office to ask.
Next, the gallery appointment. We were only appointed with one day, which for a big double storey house, meant that it was very rushed and felt we were under pressure to make a decision on that day. We had to insist on having a second gallery appointment. I later found out from someone building with another company that they were offered 2-day gallery appointments for their double storey house. Nonetheless, the team at gallery were very nice and helpful.
The building process had its ups and downs, and again we had a changeover in supervisors half way. Not much to comment on about the initial stages as I am no building expert, but problems started to arise in latter stages. Each time we saw an issue, we would be told it's fine, or that it is in accordance to standard. If the paint on a wall looks splotchy, having the supervisor telling the customer that it looks fine from a different angle is unacceptable. Telling us that it is normal to not be able to lock the front door with the key is a flat out lie. Glue had been left on the handrails on the staircase and we were told to just clean it up with steel wool, which did not work. Instead, I seeked for advice from Bunnings and spent hours scraping it off with a blade.
Only time that our matter was handled with urgency was when we started having leaks in the garage roof.
We were never updated at the end of each week about building progress as promised, whereas the first supervisor did. Several times, we had to block our number so that the supervisor would answer the call. Everytime there was an issue, we'd be given some excuse that it's fine and doesn't need to be fixed. Now we are in maintenance stage and again lack of communication, supervisor does not return calls, and our issues continue to be ignored.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Momo, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Coul... read more »

Thanks Krissie. Our job number is 44784.

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Don't do it...terrible processes once you sign

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I am just in the last few weeks of my build which is beyond 60 days over due.
At the start the Sales oerson on site was amazing, which is why we chose Simonds. Once we got passed to the office staff that's where we had so many problems that my fingers would bleed if I listed them all, so I'll try a short version. The contract took approx. 6 months to get right, I would email Simonds a list of what was incorrect then they would email back another contract/tender/quote that would not have all the changes and they would make other changes that were incorrect. Even on the day of signing we had amendments to get right before we signed. They tried charging us for I would guess $10,000 or more of double ups and things that were not required. We really should have stopped before signing and sort another builder, however I got diagnosed with leukemia and having a clear block sitting we thought it was the best decision to move forward. As so much time passed they stung us over $3,000 extra, I should have told my blood cancer to wait a few months so I could sort out Simonds. We thought that such a large company would at least have their trades and processes on site at a high level right! Wrong! We had 4 supervisors (the lady being a great guy) but we had the following problems on site; slab wrong size, roof tiles were wrong design, cornice was wrong, bricks were the right choice but colour variations and flush finish is revolting, kitchen over head cupboards were wrong finish, cut out for range hood wrong 3 times, tiling would have had the right tiles in wrong locations but we insisted in meeting the tiler on site, cracks in the alfresco area, stair wall was wrong and now you see a plaster line in the rectification, wrong window put in the butlers pantry, outside paint colour was wrong on panels and had to be repainted, stone kitchen bench with waterfall is being replaced for the third time as it had cracks in it each time, power points and switches are placed at different heights even if they are next to each other, water leak in top floor of bathroom had to be fixed, front mains connection burst, site had building debris, wrappers and concrete everywhere including going in the neighbors and out the front strip and gutter, they connected both sides of the whole hose down pipes to one storm water outlet, chunks out of the garage floor, halvanised brick ties use in lieu of stainless steel as our contract, we are at 60 days over contract time etc etc etc...How can all of these things go wrong? No processes a very lack of them or lack of using them I guess??? I am currently in dispute with QBCC and unfortunately the contract which is HIA doesn't allow you to with hold payment until rectification. What a joke considering they can hide behind laws in the contract yet we can't.
My brick work is the biggest concern by far, we had a meeting with the site supervisor and construction manager who stayed to me "we will come back with something that will make you happy" which is an admission of how bad it was, but to only come back two days later and say they were only going to do some minor fixes as they deemed the brickwork to be within AS3700 brick standards, which don't cover the extremely bad mortor joins.
On a finishing note if you sign with anyone put down $200 per day late fees, they will try for $10 as I fell for that one but legally you can agree to any amount. I suggest you use a different builder as bigger means they can use there bigger powers against you and tell you what you want to gear and not deliver the goods.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shane, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration with your home and also I'm sorry to hear of your illness. We take your feedback very seriously and want to m... read more »

Hi Krisse, my job number is Q2447. I have already had the Construction Manager out who promised he would fix our brick issues and make us happy, yet to call me 2 days later and advise me they were ... read more »

• 6 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2016

No response...Not find professional to look at the problem

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Rush us to sign the handover, then said everything will be fixed within 3 months warranty. But they not find professional to look at the windows which is scratched and shower door not installed properly and a bit damage on the glass and not fix it. We asked many times to fix, but no one fix it. Told us to sign off the warranty, they will raise the job again but no one come to fix.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi James, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Cou... read more »

after this review report, I received phone call from your staff, but still no one come to fix

Simonds Official

Hi James, I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please confirm your job number and I will follow this up. Thanks, Krissie

Worst builder so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Poor Poor Poor!!!! Workmanship; Very Poor.
Managed; Very Poor.
Customer Service and Support; Very Poor.. If you could put 0 stars this house would be it.
From 1 supervisor to another to another, maybe another. Had three supervisor in 6 months and the same thing over and over and over again!! It's been 8 months and very little has been done, need to work in their time, when there available. I had a call today to tell me that i had to fix there problems as it was a duty of care for the home owner to be involved, paid close to $300.000 for the home. I was told every item would be fix, as long as you sign off on the final inspection. Don't be fooled, excuses after excuses. And then they blame you because you signed off...very deceitful.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tony, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. Coul... read more »

Worst Customer Service and Blind Promises and Misleading Builder Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

we were promised everything by the sales Consultant [name removed], who we felt was really charming in his sales expertise, we were interested in a land and house package, he advised us that Simonds have a estate called discover were they are holding pieces of land which are to be released in stages, and gave us a price of 255 k for a plot 12 and that we needed to pay 5% when land titles, which we were interested in, and took a 1000 dollars deposit on interest in the land on the very same day saying that there was no one else who has put down deposit for that piece of land in officer, we went through hours, days and weeks of deciding which house model will be suitable for us to fit on the block we were interested in which was the brooklyn design, and then when the date came for us to know that the land was confirmed and the site cost was to be known, he also said dont worry about the land as my manger [name removed] who is the most arrogant person i have come across, that he will not mess with [name removed] as he is the top sales rep in the business.
[name removed] did not call us we had called him numerous times, and finally we had to go to the display home were he was seated and then he told i am really sorry the land was given to another sales consultant, but we have given you a smaller block on which the model of the house you have chosen wont fit on. We also got told that the land price had gone up by 5000 so 255 to 260 and that it is no longer 5% it was 10% deposit, which we agreed to.
we then highlighted that the block in the next release was same size and that it was of similar value. and that since we did not get this one we would like to have that, and [name removed] SW [name removed] the manager who had confirmed to [name removed] in an email that he apologies for not giving him the land to him he assured [name removed] will get that piece of land for us and because it was higher in price he will also throw in 3800 dollars Kitchen stone bench top for free for the mishap, we were then told to deposit another 1000 dollars immediately after seeing that email to lock in that block, a few days later[name removed] sent us an email confirming the land price with TBC and the house price and the extra costs involved.
On questioning he told us that the price is not confirmed yet and that it should not be a problem, i then sw [name removed] who told me that they are in discussion with the developer and that it should not be a problem.
we then got a call today from Alex saying the land price is now 290k and i am giving you 30 mins to make a decision on your lifetime investment, if you cannot it will go to another person.
I had mentioned to him i need time till the evening as my wife was at work. i had told him that we will get back to you. I had called [name removed] to discuss this he did not even try to save the sale, he said please give me your bank details for me to refund the money, we were no given time to discuss but in reaching [name removed]'s office in the next 30 mins we also noticed that there was another persons name on the land already.
This seems like a Scam that they play tricks with customers on who pays more or who is the favorite in the Business.
This brings to us a conclusion on Simmonds and its sales staff and Managers that they are all not to be trusted.
we have lost nearly 2 months now in this dealing with Simmonds and also lost the opportunity to looks at other land releases in these times.
There is no value for peoples dreams its all about personnel growth and commissions.
when we asked them to refund our deposit of 2000 dollars in the next 30 mins they said it will take 4 days but to make a lifetime investment of 290K we get only 30 mins to decided.

Do not deal with these people. Do not believe all what they say. do not believe all what you see.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Gerry, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. If ... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Luck of the Draw? No lotteries here..

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Where do I start??
Job No 49994.

I've chosen the Savona for my parents and my sales person [name removed] has been pretty forward and helpful toward all the extras added..eg, extra ceiling height (as per display), extra door heights (as per display), kitchen skylight (as per display), entry bulk head feature (as per display), sliding doors to all bedrooms (as per display)...although there has been apparently a communication break down regarding bdr sliding doors when it came to the -width- which was overlooked by me prior to signing the sales advice and contract. I just wanted to make sure there will be some additions to the house which will help with the ageing in place. All the extras were picked from and as per Savona Display at Livingston Estate.

So my nightmare started when I realized that all my bedrooms 2.4m height sliding door have the width of my laundry sliding door. I tried to have this changed to as per display (numerous phone calls and visits to both sales person [name removed] and [name removed] (my CRC)) but was told too late!! My fault for not measuring..?? I understand that ultimately whatever the contract states is the Clients responsibility once it has been signed BUT having picked the extras from the Savona display in Livingston, it is fair to expect the exact windows measurements, right? I did advise [name removed] that it's his duty to point out major extras to prospective clients whilst viewing a display home and any discrepancies which will apply. Needless to say not happy at all with this especially since i did not argue the cost of the extras!
At the timber frame stage, i noticed the master bedroom front wall had an overhang over the foundation of about 4-5 cm..took photos because it just didn't look right, but it got approved after some pile logs were installed. If the foundation was short for the timber...how short will it be for the bricks?
The nightmare continued when i realized I had no bulk head entry build. Again unnecessary wasted time arguing with the builder that i was supposed to have a raised ceiling in the entrance with a bulk head as per display and as per contract. CRC and sales person agreed that it's in the contract and must be done whereas the builder firmly told me 'not gonna happen'! To make it short, the whole front of the roof had to be reopened, new trusses, new roof tiles..etc. put in to allow for extra height in the entrance, half a ceiling cut off in the master bdr..arguments with [name removed] as to my complaint of workmanship regarding the cut in the ceiling as i did not accept patched up ceiling and down right rude and having a go at me for not accepting a refund instead!!! Needless to say, we had some rainy days whilst the roof was opened and again took photos and complained in writing that the house is getting wet and again no communication. It's not my fault Simonds had to spend over $10,000 or so, how [name removed] put it, simply because they were working with the wrong plans of the house.

This accounts also for the position of the waste in the slab, for the powder room, which is left of centre and if one was to use the toilet, one would have to rub the wall sitting down or getting up. Again the builder took it upon himself to open the slab, without engineering and surveyor report and approval and without the site surveyor witnessing the work. As far as i am concerned this builder ([name removed]) should be held accountable for non compliance of the domestic building act regarding open slab rules, as well as his patronizing and dismissive attitude towards clients. Obviously he didn't like the fact that i pulled him on the brick over hang at the front of the house that it shouldn't be like this..and i requested an engineer report on the situation and the solution. I was told that i would get one in regards to that prior to further works if needed. Of course, again he took it upon himself to 'patch it up' and i have photo's to prove that its a patched up job, in order to hide the brick over hang. My house is at lock up stage and am already experiencing cracks in the joints at that particular wall and middle of the house.
I also contacted Simonds Surveyors directly by phone and email and requested an onsite inspection. Nothing. Total disregard to me, the CLIENT.
I requested on numerous occasions a copy of all the reports done on the house so far and was only given the full reports minus the open slab report and brick over hang, when i requested to speak to someone higher in their office on the 5/05/17. I guess they don't exist!
I had no choice but to hire an Independent Building Inspector only to be shocked at their finding:
1. lack of back filling, no site drainage at all !
2. vapour barriers short on parts
3. valley irons damaged
3. No clearance gaps provided to at least the sides of one door frame
4. Brickwork showing inconsistencies in mortar colour
5. Perpends around the dwelling measuring above maximum 20mm tolerance
6. Damp-proof, flashing incorrect position
7. Failure to provide an Adequate edge beam in accordance with the engineering documentation
8. Cracking to the plasterboard wall lining
9. Rehau pipes externally installed
10. Concrete slab runs out of level with humps and dips clearly defined
11. Slab cut and opened
12. Non compliance re mandated fire protection level.
13...etc

I am now really worried about the slab construction, structural weakness, as the house is in lock up stage and 3mth old only and presenting all this cracks. I trusted Simonds and accepted their Building surveyors recommendation. I believe they should apply more control and closely supervise their builders and their workmanship to ensure the build quality is upheld. Most if not all issues i have experienced could've been clearly avoided had that been the case. And most issues can also lead to further damage and works down the line..UNNECESSARILY!!

I am surprised at so many 5 star reviews..there must be some rewards given in exchange..because, if there are so many good builders out there, why is my builder still allowed to work since the level of workmanship is at substandard level with disregard to the Building Codes?? My house is definitely not build in a 'proper and workman like manner" !
I also paid a for a survey report to be done for another proposed building of an Avalon Home double storey on the adjacent lot to Savona- parents home, so that I can be neighbors with them. In light of everything that happened i no longer wish to build with Simonds and request a full refund. The trust is gone.
The rating I gave Simonds comes with a minus (-) sign in front.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Debn, I understand our construction manager met you on site today to resolve these issues. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist in the interim. Thanks, Krissie

Thats right, the review was pending for a couple of days and just got aproved. I will update/remove as time nears completion.
Thanks, Deb

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2016

The big headache builder, worst customer service after you sign...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever seen in Australia and this is how it works: they will treat you like a prince/princess throughout the sales process. Once you put down your deposit and sign the contract, forget about it. They don't really care about the end product and customer satisfaction. Their staff always puts the blame onto someone else and issues are not resolved because you just get tired of calling and emailing all the time. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. So, if you have a bit more money to spend and want to avoid big time headaches, go with another builder. Simonds has focused too much on economies of scale and has lost the touch that make you love your house building process.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Wilson, thank you for getting in touch. As per your review on Facebook, we would like the opportunity to address your concerns and assist. If you can provide your job number I'll ensure the team... read more »

As per reply on Facebook: With all respect, does the company need to wait until a negative review is given to take action? You've lost many potential customers with your reactive post-sale customer... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Construction nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

Our build was very stressful. The only support we have is from our CRC which is gold. Our supervisor is terrible. We had brick problem and it was crooked and not straight and some mortars unfilled, when we asked supervisor to repair he said there is nothing much he can do. Luckily his manager was great and help us resolved the problem. To make things worst after we move in we found that our shower drain has no pipes connected to the actual sewerage drain so there was a massive leak on ground floor underneath the shower damaging all of our plaster wall. Again the construction manager was a great help and called the plumber immediately. He even helped us to sort out the issue with the plaster wall after waiting a week to get it repaired.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi L Z, I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue in your new home. If you send me a direct message with your job number, I’ll ensure that a Simonds team member is in touch as soon as possibl... read more »

Cranbourne

Private message

Simonds deliberately cheated us on brick work of our completed home

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

This is how Simonds built our dream house. The brick work of our completed home is far removed from the sample originally provided to us, which is absolutely unsatisfactory. It is evident that there were negligence and lack of duty of care towards the building project and has deliberately cheated us in respect of the brick work. We now dread to live in a house with such a dreary and unfriendly outlook for the rest of our lives. We have been struggling since December to resolve this matter through discussion but so far we have not received any reasonable solution from Simonds. We are curious how they are claiming as No 1 builder in Victoria.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kris, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. We a... read more »

Melbourne, Vic

The worse Australian builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

The workmanship was very poor quality. The important for Simonds is to finish a stage and get the money, they don't care for quality and they do not follow Australian building standard, even they do not follow their plans.
My advise to anyone who wants to build a house then choose any builder but not Simonds.
When they say that 'We are in together' you will be surprised that you will be alone and no one will fix the defects that they done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your frustration. We take your feedback very seriously and want to make sure your concerns are investigated and addressed. As ... read more »

I didn't hear from you and your team from 17/02/2017 , no one called me yet.
I am going to publish all photos of defects and emails

Simonds Official

Hi there, I understand the new warranty inspection was booked for the 29th March at which Carlo attended and wrote up the items requiring investigation. If I can assist with anything further please let me know. Thanks, Krissie

1 of 44 pages