Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Nightmare that just keeps giving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

We feel our build was very poorly communicated and definitely has not met our expectations. Little care was given when we raised our complaints. Our final invoice was delivered and due before we had our final inspection. We received incorrect information about identifying faults and ratings. They challenged the independent inspectors findings. 6mths later- pci items are not addressed and more disgraceful work has been carried out without us knowing or being present.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Pat & Jodie, Thankyou for reaching out to Simonds regarding your recent build. We'd like the opportunity to please relay your feedback to those connected to the project so that we can seek a pr... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Worst decision of my life building house with Simonds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

To start with the Sales Consultant [name removed] does not know his job profile properly as she didn’t even go through the design guidelines. She did not explain to me if the land will not be released, they will charge me $1000 monthly on top of what was signed in the contract.
After giving the deposit, she is not interested in speaking to you... Seriously she was very rude & unprofessional. Dodgy Company with lies & fake promises
The condition of the house we were handed was absolutely a Joke. We moved in the house on 22/10/2018 and the Front door has already cracked badly. When we informed the Maintenance Supervisor/QA, Metro. He said “I will not Fix it” WE got Shock of our life. Even if a lay man looks at the condition of my front door he will be shocked, I have pictures and all. Can anyone imagine in this modern world -Simonds did not put internet wires for connection

When asked Simonds they said we did not tell them to do it. They are builders and they do not know what to include in the Today’s modern house. This was a surprise, My daughter has year 12 exams and we do not have internet. They just put back everything on you. They will not take responsibility. There is big list .I cannot put everything here ,But after struggling to get any help . I decided may be putting the review here will give me any suggestions. Guys please help. This is my dream house I paid a fortune. Simonds need to Know that the state of the house and also the front door which they fitted is uneven and gap. Sadly on we are not getting any help from Simonds. I now honestly want to get my front door changed ,They just are so unhelpful. Badly stuck with them. Wastage of money and time

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sara, Apologies that you have been experiencing difficulties with service and a poor level of quality with the build. We'd love the opportunity to rectify the situation. If you have pictures and... read more »

I have sent pics on Simonds facebook messager page.Still w waiting for reply.

Pics have been acknowledged but waiting for the ticket raised and then the . outcome now. Still waiting

Reservoir

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Disgusting Experience Building House with Simonds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Worst decision of my life building house with Simonds and their Sales Consultant [name removed]. Sales Consultant [name removed] doesn’t know his job as he didn’t even go through the design guidelines and given me the sales quote. After giving him the deposit, he is not interested in speaking to you. I’ve been given August Start Date Guaranteed Document Signed and My house started in November. According to the South Morning Office Staff, they didn’t care what was provided to you at the time of deposit. They will start the house when Simonds want to build. CRC [name removed] has cancelled the HIA contract appointment at the last minute. She didn’t even apologise for that. Seriously she was very rude & unprofessional. My first home experience has been turned into horrific nightmare. Sales consultant [name removed] promised me the earlier gallery appointment and HIA contract signing dates but he was not interested in picking up my phone calls. [name removed] - You are a absolute Joke. Badly stuck with them. Wastage of money and time. Never going to see Simonds staff face.
Appeal to First home buyers - Never in your life deal with SC [name removed] & Simonds.
Dodgy Company with lies & fake promises

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sahil, Thank you for getting in touch. As per our conversations via Facebook Messenger, we are currently looking into this for you and will continue to pass on any relevant information. Please l... read more »

Diggers Rest

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2015

Great at the start, hopeless after the keys are handed to you. Many years later still having issues.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

===Still after a couple of years things haven't been resolved===

Mortar still yellow and cracking, said they would pay out because they can't fix it. They still want to send people out to inspect it, they have already had about 10 inspections with the same result.
We have had about 5 acid washes which is making the problem worse.
Now they are ignoring us completely, after repeated requests for them to contact us.

In what world does a maintenance supervisor say that everyone on Simonds has a problem with us because the house is falling apart and we are actually complaining about it and attempting to get it fixed.
This guy tells us that the original Maintenance supervisor doesn't even want to speak to us any more and even the managers inside the Point Cook office. Also that I shouldn't be acting friendly with my tenant (how is that any of their business?) What on earth is wrong with your company representatives?

The fact he was yelling and putting my partner and the person living in the house down, saying "why does he have to deal with this crap house".

So, a leaking roof - is not your problem
So, damage to the plaster - is not your problem (the sun will dry it out)
So, broken roof tiles - is not your problem
So, cracks in the ceiling - is not your problem (that's part of the building, they all do that)
So, broken ceiling near lighting - is not your problem (that's part of the settling of the house)
So, off white mortar that is yellow and cracking - is not your problem (well you chose the off white mortar, those are the risks)
So, cracks and gaps within the mortar - is not your problem (some how austral bricks fault, but not your contractor)
So, a leaking tap that damaged the bench - is not your problem

Structural engineers have already said this house shouldn't be standing any more and should be knocked down due to the poor brick work.

Customer Service with after sales support is non-existent, it seems like the mid level managers don't even care and fob us off, through no fault of our own. We have been nice, we have been calm, we have been factual, we have been non-emotive, we haven't sworn once, we haven't even raised our voice once, yet the treatment we are receiving is just beyond a joke. The attitude from people from ALL aspects so far is reprehensible. We pay you over $175,000 for this house and previously another $200,000+ for a previous faultless house, and we are treated like we are the problem.

To top it off, the current tenants living in this house are soon to be building with Simonds and are very close to cancelling the contract with you.

Fix my house and fix your customer service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Daniel, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number ... read more »

Job 43827

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

NEVER AGAIN!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

If I could give them “ZERO” star I would.

Worst decision we ever made to build with Simonds.
We have nothing but problem since day ONE. There were so many errors made with our plans, contract etc…be very careful do not sign anything unless you have them look at by professional people.
It almost feels like you have to take BUILDING101 to build a home with Simonds.

So many phone calls, emails and delays but still our home is a complete mess.
A private (independent) inspection said, “This house would have to be one of the worst built homes I have ever encountered. The builders should be ashamed of themselves to even try to hand this home over in such a state”.

Building a house itself already hard, but building with Simonds will make it even harder. For the last 2 years, the stress Simonds put on us and our family makes it impossible for anyone to have a normal life.

Our house is almost completed but the quality is well below standard, workmanship is beyond words, and their contractors had no pride in their work at all.

Let this be a warning to future clients; if you want to save your marriage please think twice before building with Simonds (unless you really are not fussed about the details of the build and accept whatever they given you at whenever they feel like).

Most of us are building our DREAM HOME, do not let a builder ruined your DREAM. We are regretting every day that we choose Simonds as our builder.
How can you live in a house that reminds you of your never ending most stressful experience?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi S San, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed including in relation to the workmanship. C... read more »

Private message

Once they lock you into a contract, say goodbye to good service and your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

The sales and gallery process were great and would give a 5 star review if that was the entire process.

Once it came to signing the contract we were rushed through each page without any notification of changes that had been made to the plans during the final drafting process.
When we raised concerns about changes we were clearly aware of, the response was sign the contract and we can address these later.

These were not addressed and during the build and our supervisor who was managing 16 other houses at the same time ignored any of our concerns and became abusive at times.
The build was so bad that the bricks had to be pulled down and started again.
When items were not in line with what we had asked for, they were ignored or we were pressured to leave them as they were. Once such issue required the floor boards to be pulled up and re-laid.

The finishing touches were average at best, and the touch ups to building defects were sub par which have yet to be rectified.little things like chips, scratches and plaster defects were painted over rather than properly fixed.
There was a large chip in the corner of our bath tub and a scratch along the metal frame of the shower and our site supervisor made comment about it being trivial and didn't bother to fix it.

When there are over 100 trivial things to fix it becomes a big issue as the overall finish of the house looks slap dash with power points that are next to each other being at significantly different heights.

The electrical systems installed were only partially fitted and some lights don't work on occasion, but its random which lights don't work at any given time.

The hot water system and cooling unit were broken from the day of install and yet to be fully resolved.

These are the things we can see, so I'd hate to think about the stuff we cant.

I would avoid using Simonds if you want to have a smooth building process and a good quality home at the end.

We have yet to move in and already want to sell the house as it has nothing but bad memories.

I'm also happy to provide photos if anyone would like to see the quality of work provided.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Martin, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number ... read more »

Hi,
It's 50422

kalkallo

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Terrible Builders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Simonds is a big HEADACHE. If you are thinking to build your house from Simonds, forget it. They will give you lot of headache. They are not flexible, not reliable, not customer friendly, poor quality and don't care about customers. They are experts in delaying things. First they delay my construction then they delay the hand over. I would never recommend this company to anybody.
They let other builders (building house next to my house) use my electricity. When i raise questions they refused and said Simonds is not liable for this. I got a huge bill for electricity. When they were building my house there was a water leakage, not just a small leakage i am talking about leakage for a month. They didn't do anything to stop it, didn't even let me know about it. My neighbours called me and told me about it Thanks to him. Now they are blaming me and trying to get away with it. I am struggling to get a hold of them. I got more than one thousand dollar bill for water when my other friends who also build house only got $80,$120 bills. I sent them 3 emails everyday but not getting any answer and when i call them they say they can't answer my emails because they don't have any answer.
They don't know how to talk to provide good customer service. All they care bout is their money. They will do lot of advertisement to win customers and offers promotion discount blah blah. It is just a trick to get customers but you will end up paying more. Please don't get in their tricks. Its a trap.
My house was built almost 3 months ago, Now its the maintenance stage and my house already has so many defects, like walls plasters are popping out, crack in the floor tiles, cracks in the ceiling plaster. In my garage there are cracks in the base. When i said what about these cracks they said we cant do anything about it because this will happen even in future. That is the quality of their products and that is their language.
This company is a pure garbage.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Harry, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number a... read more »

durack

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

liars and untrustworthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

sales consultant [name removed] is a biggest liar. Most of the things what he told us standard was not part of the standard and the price which he quoted for the inclusion and upgrades was no way near the the actual price which we got in our gallery appointments as final price. And when talked about the over pricing and going way over our budget to the customer relationship manager and management, they said they don't know what conversation we had with [name removed] or sales consultant. So beware of the prices and surprises they give you after signing up the contract. Very bad experience as a first home buyer. Not recommended to anyone because of their surprises and catches.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jagdeep, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience and we want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your ... read more »

job number Q3849

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Liars liars from start to end of contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

I recently end my contract in cooling off period I felt like I been ripped off in every single stage of the contract by Simonds so called Australia's leading builder.i can't write everything in this post but watch out guy's do your shopping first before you decide anything there are so many lier's sitting behind the nice looking offices.

I have to take this matter to consumer affairs court because they simply said no to refund and they don't want to admit their mistake even though I proved on the Quote and the paper work they gave me.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi S Singh, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your ... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Terrible building experience!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I found simonds extremely hard to deal with from start to finish of my 9 month gruelling build. 9 months was a very long time to wait for a straight forward express build (investment property). I lost thousands in lost rent due to simonds poor workmanship, high turn over of staff (i had 5 supervisors) and supervisors being overloaded with 20 homes plus at one time - therefore not having time to look after your home property.
My crc was very hard to get in contact with and would fail to call back when msgs were left. I also had one resign and another take over (a massive problem simonds seem to have).
My contract stated a certain supervisor who i had known and trusted, he resigned before my job even started due to stress. I should have pulled the pin then. I had 4 other supervisors after that and a constructions manager. The job was a nightmare from day one incurring every defect under the sun which i will list.
Slab stage - garage was out by over 100mm on a load barring wall which had to be engineered and re poured which delayed the job. Electrical underground coming up 60mm into the master bedroom and not in the rebate or bottom plate.
frame stage - after walking through the job and seeing the visible disturbing defects i hired a private inspector. He said out of the last 50 homes he had seen mine was the worst. Walls out of plumb by 13mm, trusts snapped, missing noggins etc. he even stated that simonds should not continue with the roofing and should pull it down and start again. Simonds didn't do this. i expressed my concerns but they would not pause the build they loaded the roof making it impossible to fix and straighten the walls as they were now under load. The packing and buzzing was the easy fix for them. All my windows were ordered 5 weeks before they were installed, many got damaged and my sliding door was dumbed on the front porch. Tradies walked over it and destroyed it. Simonds still installed it, having to rip it out later. Many of the windows didn't work properly.
lock up - plaster and paint imperfections were endless, site was constantly a mess.
Hand over - the back fill around the house was done with bark and in sections was 400mm thick. This is not legal backfill material and doesn't not protect the slab. Simonds tried to argue there was nothing they could do until i argued with the constructions manager. Also 2x window sills had to be replaced due to not being straight. Front window not level/crooked, attempted to be fixed twice and still looks the same, simonds argue the window works so deal with it.
The build was put on hold for 4 weeks due to hold ups with the gas line. In this time simonds could have completed all the defects and final touches but instead put the job on hold to avoid paying liquidated damages and delaying the build unnecessarily. When the house came off hold we could have handed it over. Instead the process went on for weeks
the constructions manager who was looking after my home at the end was extremely hard to get in touch with, missing every call and rarely replying to text msgs. I even had to call head office to find out what was going on. Once that final payment is made their attitude changes completely.
All in all I'm lucky this home is an investment and i don't have to live in it, it is still a lot of money which you expect a decent build. Simonds use the cheapest trades possible and the proof is in the workman ship. Out of all the volume builders i believe they are the worst out of a bad bunch. I urge anyone reading this to consider another builder.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi murphy, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your j... read more »

48420, happy to explain my experience in more detail. I have photos etc to back up everything. Regards

Simonds Official

Thanks murphy, have passed your details and job number on to our internal team who should be in contact in the next 1-2 business days.

Let us know if we can assist in any other way possible. Thanks, Jonathan

Very Frustrating Experience with Simonds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I would like to share my experience with Simonds Homes potential clients. I have to say my journey was very frustrating as some of the staff are really irresponsible and careless.

Let me give you one of the examples. The reason why I have chosen Simonds Homes is because I like the kitchen cupboard in one of its display homes. I thought it would be easy to make my dream come true just by following the display house's design, but it was not the case even though I had expressed my wish clearly for numerous times to the sales consultant, the CRC and the person who I have signed the contract with. Although they made some amendments because of my continuous complaints, it is still not completely what I had wanted, but they said that was all they could do. I feel that is still not good enough and they could have made it look better.

Besides that, the contract was full of mistakes and errors. If I had not checked it carefully, I would have double paid for many items. Apart from that,whenever I wanted to ask the CRC about some questions, I have always had to try many times and waited several weeks for her replies. The answers were different from the first site supervisor, which confused me a lot about who was right. They told me initially that it would take 4 months to complete building the house but in fact it took 1 year. The concrete slab was done on 10/06/2017 but I only got keys on 07/06/2018.

However, I appreciate [name removed] for appointing [name removed] as the second site supervisor. If he had started the job from the beginning, I would have moved into the house earlier and there would not have been so many defects that he had to fix. He is such a dedicated and considerable man. He answered my calls all the time and fixed the problems promptly and properly. He even came over to the house in his spare time to help us. He cares about me from all aspects and treats me like a real human being. I sincerely appreciate his efforts and work, and believe that he is an absolute treasure to Simonds. He helped restore the reputation of Simonds, thus he definitely deserves an award for what he has done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Grace, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts you as... read more »

Thank you Amanda! I am still waiting for someone to contact me. Regards, Grace

Victoria

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

If You Want To Throw Your Money Away Build With Simonds - I Regret Spending Our Hard Earned Money Wi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

From when we went to gallery i had a bad feeling, as everything there they virtually rushed through and the person doing electrical, insulation, heating/cooling wasn't in so we weren't even shown anything from those area's and when we voiced our concerns we were reassured everything would be fine. Site supervisor wasn't great we had to report issues we found while they were constructing that he either ignored or didn't see which i find hard to believe especially when vanity was lifting off wall and roof plumbing was leaking leaving huge puddles just to name a few things. A while after moving in we noticed a slow water leak into our kitchen island from under the sink which caused shelves to swell. This was reported in the 3mth maintenance schedule. We have been in our home for 12mths and shelves still not fixed, and still things reported on 3mth inspection remain unfixed. Over 6 appointments made where I had to take time off work and nobody turns up. Gas leak into our cupboard in which nobody took responsibility for and we were lumped with paying the huge bill. Carpet lifted in corners, roughly painted and so on. The open pantry shelves aren't built or designed properly. We are a household of 2 so our pantry isn't brimming with food but yet every shelf is bowing and lifting off the wall panels and this is because no support has been placed in the centre and the front of each shelf and Simonds refuse to fix the issue. They offered to fix it as it is but not add in supports which is ridiculous as it will keep on happening. Even tried raising my issues with the regions maintenance manager only for him to totally ignore my emails and phone calls and not respond to anything.

They all bend over backwards to secure the sales but during the build they lose interest and then once your house is built they try and wipe you, they have their money so they don't really care for you as a customer. The maintenance is appalling.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigate... read more »

Sunbury

Private message

Multiple sales consultants who don’t know their products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

We went through three different sales consultants prior to Gallery... every one made multiple errors which we had to keep changing.
However one thing we were told over and over was that the triple stacker doors we wanted were in the contract. (You assume they know their stuff, we don’t know what the door codes mean). We even ordered matching screen doors through Simonds. Fast forward to the build. Doors go in, correct size but our beautiful triple stacker doors only have one moving panel... thus they are not stackers. But guess what, the screen doors will be stackers. How does that work? We get in touch politely to Simonds to talk about this and they say they’ll send someone out. Sounded so promising. He says he’ll get back quickly, two weeks later we get the phone all to say that Simonds will fit doors at our cost $1200 each if we’d like. ARE YOU FOR REAL? Every salesperson was under the impression this door code was triple stacker door. Yet, Simonds is too tight to honour their customer. Disgusted by the level of unprofessionalism. If Simonds believes that we should know the codes, give us a definition of these.
We spent every last cent on upgrades to make our dream Bolton a reality. We paid $6000 for a raised ceiling in the kitchen and wanted the flow outside, yet the door here and in our lounge mean our beautiful in door outdoor flow are a real disappointment. We should not have to pay full replacement for totally new doors. Pay the probably $250 difference in the product we were sold and the product we asked for, yes. Don’t be stingy Simonds. You are a huge company. Look after your customers.

Our exterior upgrades cost over three thousand and we chose the brick and mortar from a big wall display at Simonds Gallery. The mortar was noted as off white. once again, we had to trust in our salespeople. BIG MISTAKE! Turns out the mortar at the Gallery was not off white. Needless to say our exterior is a big disappointment. What do Simonds have to say? It’s in the contract.

Very disappointed. It has really put a dampener on our build. Had hoped for a more professional, knowledgeable and customer caring company.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Cait. Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service at all. I want to make sure all your concerns are... read more »

54406. [Name Removed] said the above . We said this wasn’t good enough and basically had to get hard, adding that we’d turn to social media. He is now taking another look into this. It’s a shame th... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Poor Response after handing over

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Further to the keys being handed over at that point in time there were 14 pending items (28th Feb 2018). As I write this review its the 14th of May, There are still 8 pending work. The list of items grows by the day. Never ever go with Simonds office at point cook. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand does. I dont know if there is really someone who care for the customers. I am a person with Asian Background. I dont know if this treatment is MET OUT to people who are different background. Is there SOMEONE who is reading this in SIMONDS. I am thinking of posting my grievance on to FACEBOOK

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ravi, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investiga... read more »

49308. You know what Tristan, you said the same thing last time but no one contacted me.

Simonds Official

Hi Ravi, I've just spoken with our operations manager, and this time we'll make certain someone contacts you to resolve your concerns.

Sorry to hear about your frustration, but thank you for your patience,
Tristan.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Too late. No positive response on follow up.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Taking too long for construction. since last 2 months no progress in construction. Already liquidity damage period started. Customer case officer ([name removed]) not coming on phone when I call. Everytime I have been told that [name removed] is on annual leave by receptionist. No one is responsible in office staff or construction site staff.

Don't construct your dream home by Simonds homes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Paresh, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investi... read more »

N0888

Simonds Official

I've forwarded your request straight to our operations manager. Please don't hesitate to get in contact again if your issues persist.

Best wishes,
Tristan.

Snake valley

• 3 comments
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2015

DO NOT BUILD WITH THEM! Read this first!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Save yourselves the hassle guys, it’s just not worth it.

My partner and I decided to build our first home with Simonds three years ago.
It has been an endless MESS ever since. Never Again!

Their sales department are fantastic and a breeze to deal with, unfortunately, that’s where all compliments end.
It’s their aftercare service you need to place more emphasis on, because they certainly don’t!

The maintenance manager they assign to you will come out and see the mess they’ve created, assure you they’ll have it all rectified, yet never deliver on their promise.

We’ve had to deal with three different maintenance managers in this time, all of which have behaved in a similar manner. They will address one issue and ignore the rest.

For example, out ceiling frame had separated from a few of the bedroom walls, we had 4ml cracks throughout the house, windows were pulling away from the frame. Upon bringing this to their attention, they sent a painter in to do some quick patch work.

At the time we were oblivious and accepted their quick fix, but when the same issues began to reappear and worse than what they initially were, we immediately made efforts to get in contact.

This is where they begin ignoring your calls and messages for months upon months.
Every so often you will eventually kick up a stink with Head Office and somebody will return your call making more empty promises.

Their Head Office-Aftercare maintenance department is nothing more than an answering machine. Nobody is ever there to take or return your calls.

You’re only covered under structural warranty for a seven year period Folks. It would appear that Simonds Homes employ delaying tactics, just so they can get you past this liability period.

Both my partner and I are very proactive and persistent, yet Simonds have managed to drag this out for three years. I’m pretty sure they’d get most people over the seven year mark and it’s just not acceptable business practice.

Our advice to those who have already made the mistake that we did is- Take them to VCAT! Time is precious, don’t waste it, they’re praying on the possibility you do.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Squeaky B, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are inve... read more »

Hi Tristan, I don’t have the job number on me. You should be able to look it up via property address- Lot 109 Willandra Blvd, Melton West, 3337. You’re aftercare service is terrible. I’d be in... read more »

Whilst you’re at it, why don’t you ask Fluer why she hasn’t bothered to call me back, when she promised she would the following day (Two weeks and counting). Ask Michael why he’s made countless ap... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Never again...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

The workmanship and the build quality is below average. I could easily find lots of defects when moved in, many of them were minor though like painting, flooring in the storage area, cleanliness, stone bench was not polished Etc.
When i went for gallery appointment, they did not have a clue about the changes i have made with sales team.
Customer service was horribly horrible. There is no communication between the departments. Never answer phone calls, honestly never ever .. and i am not joking. I am sure I have left at least 100 voice messages during the construction period to get them to call me back when I questions or needed clarifications as they did not answer phones. I had 4 or 5 CRCs during the construction.
Newly installed refrigeration system broke down and i am calling all these companies to come and have a look as Simonds did not answer phone calls, even the reception?!!! Springvale office ( 30/04/18)
Your excitement will be over after signing the contract (at least my personal experience)
Nobody ..absolutely no one cares about your questions, concerns in this company.
Am sure there will be happy customers but I did not receive any qualities they promised.
This is not what you expect when you spend $450,000 for a house.
I deeply regret that I chose Simonds to build my house and I would recommend everyone stay away from them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Eldhose, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts ... read more »

Ipswich

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Extremely poor workmanship and no quality house

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

My house workmanship was so so extremely very poor workmanship and no quality at all, my garage floor alone had 70 cracks, my bricks mortar was inadequate and with cracks, brick alignment was shocking, very visible plaster in wall and worst in ceiling, supervisor was racist, unprofessional, regreting too much building my house with them. Never go with this builder again, had my retaining wall built but half a meter short, no water drain pipe and dainage gravel the first time they built my retaining wall, ask them to put but damage the upper sleepers. Totally rip off. They render my wall but not that good, they epoxy my garage and flakes it but never repair the crack. Simond will just take you money and will build you a disgrace home. I am so angry to this builder specially to the Supervisor. Never refer this builder to anyone. You can come to my place and see my house how they build it, and decide afterwards but I warn you, had also cracks in the ceiling, substandard paint.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Aye, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are invest... read more »

Hi Tristan, could you please call me on 04335510156, thanks

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Worst I ever seen..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Shocking builder..
Went for final inspection.. Cleaner was cleaning
.. Over 20 plaster board on the floor, 2 manhole with no cover..
House is fully dust.. Manager said all will be cleared today.. Signed the papers got final invoice.. Bank Paid final payment..
Settlement done, went to see the house.. Nothing cleaned.. Garage full of buildings materials over 20 plaster sheet manhole still open..
Called side manager for cleaning and appliances install.. Never answered or replied to my call.. After calling head office side manager called and said will be all done after 4 days.. Waited for 4 days, none came to fix, side manager never reply calls.. We living in the house about a week without hot water or cooker..
Can't park the car inside the garage, full of rubbish and building materials...
Very sad all this happening in Australia..
My advise to everyone, don't even think about this builder.. During my whole process side manager never answer or pick up the calls.. All ways need to call office, then only I get call from side manager..
Our first dream was spoiled by this builder..
We got dirty house.. With no appliance which we paid for....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rajen, thank you for your message. We are very sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contact... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Excellent collection of Home designs, Price Competitive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Before Locking my contract with Simonds, I have did enormous research to find the right builder with respect to pricing, quality, build time etc.. I can clearly say Simonds is very price competitive moreover there basic gallery selections itself is of great quality where most of the time we don't have to upgrade. Also found simonds home designs are efficiently planned and satisfy the current market needs.

November 19th 2018 Update: Zero Business Ethics, Poor workmanship, Dont Value Customer

Having terrible time choosing Simonds, My friend did warn me not go with Simonds due to poor workmanship and they had major cracks in the brick work and concrete but I still chose them due to my favorite floor plan. Nothing going good after the build started poor workmanship. They are not flexible at all asking $1000 for every single change and most of the selections is never discussed during the Gallery Selections and now we are left out to get most of the jobs after handover paying twice the original price. I even received an surprise invoice of $2000 for site works after 2 months of finishing concreting without even disclosing the variation costs even though its written in the contract the footing variation costs need to be fixed before site start. I will be going legal in this matter.

They are really good until the day you sign the contract but later they will start dictating terms. I had one of the Simonds manager asking my employer (my Boss who is his friend) to ask me to not go my build site after complaining very bad paint work outside the house. Absolutely no business ethics and breach of privacy.

No wonder why most of the customers now a days choose small builders compared to major builders who just want to get the major profit and get out without valuing client needs and maintaining good customer relationship.

The brickies have taken more than 2.5 months to just complete perimeter bricking and worked only till 12:30 pm leaving all other tradies waiting to complete bricking. Very poor quality bricks still regret upgrading bricks by paying extra $3500 which is very bad no finishing at all. We are still liaising with the builder in regards to brick quality.

Will wait to see how our issues will be handled by the Simonds team.

January 9th 2019 Update: Worst builder in town, Worst Bricking, Very Poor Finish & Paint Quality

Worst ever bricking quality, poor workmanship I have ever seen, still liaising with the builder regarding the quality of bricks as well as quality of bricking, The brick layers only work till 11:30 am and have taken over 2 months to just complete perimeter bricking. Every day they have started bricking has difference in mortar color no consistency and the builder says this is as per standards and we are considering going legal with this matter.

Our home is delayed by over 10 weeks supposed to be completed by Oct 2018 as per the CRC advised during signing contract and we are still waiting get the handover.

Very poor communication from the CRC not available through phone at all and no response to emails for weeks even upon copying there managers in the email.

Also received a surprise invoice for additional footing charges after 3 months of footing completion in breach of Simonds contract whilst it clearly says the footing needs to be fixed before the start of build.

Gallery selections is absolutely not professional at all, they rush to select everything in one day and don't give any information and later charge $1000 for each change.

We are still waiting for handover it was suppose to be completed in Oct 2018.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shiva, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear that after the results of your research. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feed... read more »

Thanks Tristan,