• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Disappointed with the quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

The workmanship and the build quality was poor as what we had imagined. we were told to expect great results in the end but the build process was made so difficult for us. Our supervisor changed, then at the last minute they told us that the selected tiles are not available due to out of stock, really you got to be kidding. we had to chose the tiles and rush to the tile place to select new tiles. One thing we couldn't understand that the tiles were selected 6 to 8 months before and how come they become out of stock on the day, also the company where we were sent to re- select the tiles said the tiles are always in stock and there is no issue. There was no compensation for that from simonds and they could not explain the reason to us. When they handed over, we noticed that the bricks texture were different and after enquiring we were told that simonds ordered bricks in different batches. How this is even possible and not inform the customer about this, because after handover nothing can be changed. I will definitely not recommend Simonds to anyone!!!!!. very disappointing.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ally, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are inves... read more »

Job no 50901

no one contacted us since the time this is posted. I don't know what else to say

Mount Isa

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

So far, so good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

My build is just about to begin, so far the Simonds team have been great and calling me and keeping informed every step of the way, the sale was easy and assistance in getting a block even easier! Can't wait to see the build start and finish! Thanks so far to Tom (sales) and the support team!
Having lived out of the state while all this has happened could have been very stressful, but its been a breeze so far!
NOTE: I'll keep updated as the build progresses and completes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Brad, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Thanks, is it the key number you're after ? 53340

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Excellent collection of Home designs, Price Competitive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Before Locking my contract with Simonds, I have did enormous research to find the right builder with respect to pricing, quality, build time etc.. I can clearly say Simonds is very price competitive moreover there basic gallery selections itself is of great quality where most of the time we don't have to upgrade. Also found simonds home designs are efficiently planned and satisfy the current market needs.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shiva, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear that after the results of your research. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feed... read more »

Thanks Tristan,
Our job number S1512

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Staff that have assisted me through the preparation to build my home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

All staff along my journey to get ready for the building process have been excellent. They have answered queries, and provide very well rounded knowledge of the industry. Also I have been kept up to date of every detail as it comes to hand. Everyone has been very easy to approach. A very select and well trained staff work at Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Carol! Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your posit... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Disgusting Experience Would Not Recommend This Builder To Anyone!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

My issues with my crappy build never seems to end!
Site sup was on holidays for at least 7 weeks of the 12 weeks taken to build my home, no inspections were been completed so dodgy tradies kept taking shortcuts.

Driveway was poured incorrectly it took an additional 4 weeks to rectify this.
I moved in to my new house with no appliances or hot water, moved in Friday, all things were fitted on Monday (although the occupancy permit states that all appliances are to be fitted prior to handover.

Once services were installed and hooked up the water was turned on and allegedly due to some party trying to steal copper piping from the roof, the house was flooded from the ceiling, this has created massive issues of cracking and ceiling starting to lift, also the repairs on the wall were dodgy they have just painted over the watermarks without water proofing it so the watermarks are still visible, simonds management have refused to replace the carpet in the affected room as they deem it to have dried in a timely manner and that mould won't be an issue.

When they went to turn the gas on they discovered a leak somewhere, Tuesday when they came back out to rectify it turned out a screw had been put thru the gas line by an overhead cupboard.

One of the smoke detectors (until recently) had been defective (although I advised my supervisor of this back in October) he brushed it off as it's fine. 5 months later in my maintenance period they deem it to be faulty and replace it (guess I should be grateful that my house didn't catch fire while I slept)

My first time using the laundry (washing machine) led to me siting on the laundry floor while I did the washing to ensure no issues, well aren't I lucky that I did that... the machine starts its rinse cycle and water comes pouring out of 3 sections in the u bends as they didn't seal and tighten them correctly.

When we had consistent rain, the rain would get in thru the front door and was getting in thru an unsealed gap in the master bedroom window.

There has also been a couple of sections in the wall where it has bubbled due to water gaining access inside the ceiling and pooling.

The roof insulation was done with the minimum amount of batts (last week the insulators came back out and relayed the entire roof) due to the been sections with no insulation and insulation batts standing upright (not lying flat over the ceiling) they required an additional 2.5 bags of insulation and close to 3 hrs of labour to get the roof to where it should have been prior to Handover.

Back in December I commenced my front garden, I planned to put some small pot plants along the front of the house, I used a manual hole digger to dig 4" deep holes and cut straight thru the recycled water line, I also unearthed the mains water line. This took an additional 3 months of daily phone calls to simonds management for them to finally arrange someone to come out and dig out and bury the lines at the minimum of 300mm as per Victorian building regulations.

Today I had the tradies out to paint all the movement in the window and door frames, only to discover 5 hrs later when I went out to water my new lawn that the painters have shaken there paint brushes over the lawn leaving white paint on the grass, letterbox and driveway, they also tipped there turps on the new grass and have killed parts of it off.

Overall a nightmare of an experience and will gladly tell anyone who mentions simonds to check there reviews throughly before getting in bed with a company who won't care about you once they have you final payment, even when there trades and them as a business have broken multiple building violations and not heeded the occupancy permit conditions.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Matt, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is absolutely not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investig... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

So far so good.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

The built was a bit slow but Im trying to understand their reasoning. We had some complaints with the built and they managed to fulfill our requests so we are happy so far with the built. Workmanship is good so far. Our current building supervisor is very helpful and really trying hard to make this build successful. ETA is in 6-8 weeks so hoping for the best.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Fowler, thank you for the feedback. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team members involved. If you have any more issues, please ... read more »

Above and beyond expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

The moment we set foot into the Simonds display home in Warragul we knew we'd made the right decision. Jamie Power was incredibly flexible, honest and helpful in making the process smooth and stress free, something we had not experienced with other companies. We are incredibly happy with the workmanship and quality of our home, with Matt's exception attention for detail, we knew we were in good hands. They always ensured we were kept up to date throughout the process and nothing was ever too difficult. Highly recommend building with the professional team at Simonds in Warragul. Huge thank-you for your tremendous work and service!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi RPWouters! Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Extremely Disappoint about service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

I am extremely disappointed from Simonds QLD. As a loyal customer, our family had purchased few houses from them, and also had introduced many friends to them without any benefit. However, we had lost our faith to them with their poor services. . We have two houses building with them currently at Southside of Brisbane. They had made few mistakes in this project and had not shown any sincerely attitude to solve their problems. Me and my sister bought a house in 2015-16 to demolish and subdivde the lands for two houses. Initially, we intended to live in them (one each) to build our dream home. We dedicated on our time and spent lots of time to design our home with multiple colour selection visits. As time goes by, they had exceed 220 days building periods (Building approval obtained on 30/5/17). Until now, we realised they had tricked customers by putting penalty rate as 11 dollars per day. After consulting with my friend who worked in construction industry, according to HIA contract, the late build payment minimum of 50 dollars per day. This act has shown their unprofessionalism to not letting customers know their right and simply they feedback is that because we have signed contract, there is nothing they can do about (so please make sure you read your contract properly).
Not only they delay our building time, they had also completed the driveway that we did not request for (we initially only want one house's driveway to be done so that we can design the other one). They subsequently had requested us to share their cost. Given there is a great delay, we did not want to waste any more time, therefore, we reluctantly paid the cost and leave the driveway. Again, after consulting with other builders, legally, we are not obligated to pay any of fee for additional driveway simply this was their mistake.
Due to the delay, my sister has commitment at oversea and no longer wish to wait. We are preparing to sell one of the house. We then realised they had incorrectly made Balustrades for both Homes when agents brought customers to the house. We have lost a few potential buyers due to their mistake (my agent has expressed their concern that customers had questioned their professionalism because they simply put advertisement with wrong design).
After email conversations with build managers at QLD Simonds, they would like to extend 15 days for correction of mistake, given they are already 50 days exceed from the building period. We had patiently waiting for our dream home to be built. Instead of waiting for their rectification of their multiple mistakes, we had requested them to simply to provide cash back for the cost of changing our balcony/colour/balustrades. However, they refused to do so and insist they can only provide rectification of houses and willing to pay $11/day delayed fee as per contract.

They cannot simply understand how much patient we have given to them and how frustrated we are to them. I think this is the time for everyone to know what Simonds as a builder can do when we do not know the law/customer right. I would appreciate if everyone can share this to people who intended to build with them.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Arron, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would like to make sure that all of your concerns are addressed so we will ensure a team member contacts y... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2016

Great Experience with Simonds Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Simonds builder is really good for customer service and support and best quality of property. Especially Customer Relation Officer(Alison Williams), Sales team (Miele and Lee) and site supervisor (Brent) has done great job and support. The building process is very flexible and the staff at all levels are very warming and helpful. In 2016 we have build house in Elara Marsden Park and it was an absolute pleasure to work with Simonds team from the initial discussion right through to the keys being handed over, this extremely professional team never hesitated to answer any questions or concerns that we had. I am building another home with Simonds in 2018.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Patel, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedbac... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Courteous and professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I cannot speak highly enough of the team at Simonds Wonthaggi! We have just finished building our first home and this team were an absolute pleasure to work with. From the initial discussion right through to the keys being handed over, this extremely professional team never hesitated to answer any questions or concerns that we had, no matter how trivial. Any variations to the contract or build design were handled quickly and diligently. I am extremely happy with the quality of our finished home and seeing our girls run around their new bedrooms screaming with delight gives us a feeling of real achievement. Again, I cannot recommend this team highly enough! Thanks so much to Skie, Brad and Michael!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Nick, thank you for the genuine and great feedback! We are very pleased to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your... read more »

Job number: 52504.
Thanks Tristan.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Early stages of the project but can't speak highly enough of the process and the service thus far. Remarkable clarity in terms of the options and the Penfold with Ash interior suits our requirements perfectly. Many thanks to Christina at the Echuca office for all your input.
Looking forward to getting approvals processed and construction underway within a couple of months.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi BJW, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positiv... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great Experience with Simonds Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

Simonds builder is really good for customer service and support and best quality of my property in Clyde North
Especially Customer Relation Officer(Katrina) and site supervisor(Adam) has done great job and support.
Thanks for simonds to give this beautiful support and service...
Easy to contact customer service and quick response from CRO.
In future i will plan to go with simonds again...

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Vijay! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Wonderful customer service and customer focused

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Miranda Williams was our sales consultant, she was wonderful. We felt at home all the time with her, she is well experienced and straight away we were impressed by her and she explained to us what we might need and was very patient in guiding us through the build process. We would definitely refer her to our friends because she is so cool and you don't feel the pressure of building a home with her at all. Her customer focus is so good that she is up todate with everything. Simonds homes is a great company where you as a customer is considered and the building process is very flexible and the staff at all levels are very warming and helpful. I will definitely build my next home with them.

Thanks Miranda for your support
Jojo and Ancy and Jordan

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jojo, thank you for the great feedback! I'm sure Miranda will be happy to hear it. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job n... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2019

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Our experience with Simonds Echuca has been second to none. From the beginning the team at Echuca Simonds have been very accommodating and helpful answer any questions from first home buyers. Their expertise and knowledge made the process a breeze. No request or question has been a hassle and they have helped us to create our perfect home. We knew we were after a certain style home and layout and Simonds could offer the Bolton which ticked all boxes and requirements. The home has a beautiful flow and provides opportunity to suit us as a couple or family in the future. We are so very excited for our build to start with Simonds and would happily recommend to anyone.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Elle, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Darley

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2019

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Sales Consultant Chris B was fantastic. He listened to everything we asked and helped translate this into our paperwork thoroughly. He also clearly explained the requirements for our estate and made sure that we understood. Our CRC Tamara has been amazing and very helpful through the process so far, keeping us up to date every step of the way. Looking forward to the next steps!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dani, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Hi Tristan, job number is 55944. Thanks

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Can't wait to see the final result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

We are at the early stage of the building process but have finalized the internal design of the house. Tom Bolst has been our sales consultant and he understood straight from the beginning our requirements and concerns. He offered a great house and land package within our budget. Not pushy but very knowledgeable and professional, TOM was a pleasure to deal with. Always available, he re-assured us on a few occasions. Because this is the first house we built, there was more than one dark area. Tom was simply PERFECT.
Now we can't wait for the house to start raising from a paper plan.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi! Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to t... read more »

Consultation & Design stage review - Practical, transparent - overall great experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Vivek Handa from the Point Cook display office is a rare consultant in the VIC building industry who worked with me in a timely manner to provide great advice to design what I believe is the right house for my block at a good price with just the right kind of required inclusions/upgrades in the promotions package. He worked as a trusted advisor and a friend with lot of expertise and at no point tried to push me into a quick decision. He went above and beyond to accommodate the structural changes required (within permissible limits) which was a key requirement for me to proceed to the next stage and get approval from the office. It worked nicely for me being an informed customer having got quotes from a handful of builders, shortlisted two and eventually decided to proceed with Simonds due to the overall experience.

As with any volume builder, the Consultation & Design phase is just the first step in a long journey. I'm very happy about start and look forward to a successful build. My CRC is assigned and tender appointment setup. I'll be back to give a new review for my next stages, hoping there are no major surprises/hiccups.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ceed, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feed... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2018

The best out of the rest

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

This was our second build with Simonds and it was another wonderful experience that they took us through, From the start of the build to the hand over, the team involved with this build was absolutely amazing in the insights they provided us. I must also specially mention the wonderful and amazing customer service team that handled our build at the Tarralgon office for us in how they supported us and kept us up to date in every single detail that we needed and also was exceptional in answering all our questions we had about the build. And lastly we as a family would like to thank Mat our building supervisor who did an exceptional job in getting things done on time and also in making sure the end product was top quality. Thank you Simonds for not letting us down and as always sticking to your promise.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Anthony, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Our dream Simonds home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

We are incredibly happy with how our home has turned out and the quality of the build it is everything we envisioned. Although we had a few speed bumps along the way in dealing with the Simonds Office and contract side of things, it was smooth sailing as soon as we met our wonderful site supervisor Justin. He instantly put our minds at ease, he was always straight talking and honest with us, always happy to answer any questions and provide advice along the way. Justin always provided us with updates and kept us in the loop with our build, and we always had 100% confidence and trust in him and his work.
I can honestly say the hilight of our Simonds experience was having Justin as our supervisor he made the entire build a breeze

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Casey C, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jun 2018

The quality and the speed speak for themselves.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2018

Building In regional NSW, we took a bit of a gamble with a builder we hadn't heard of before. After looking at the reviews on this page, i noticed that most of their work had been done in Melbourne and Sydney, however still thought with the amazing promotion they were running at the time it would be worth it. I was worried about a fair few things such as does this builder have the connections with trades which more localized builders do, having head office in Sydney, will this builder have a QA program in place. When we finally started, all of those fears definitely disappeared. Dylan our site supervisor simply gets crap done in a speedy manner. We had houses in our street which had started 30-45 days prior to ours, and all of a sudden we had overtaken their build. Dylan managed to organize it so as soon as one trade was finished, the next was at the doorstep ready to start work.

Earlier this week, one of my neighbors (Who is building with a Newcastle based company so should know all of the local trades) mentioned to me that their job had come to a standstill as they couldn't get Gyprockers in. Lone behold the very next day, when i went out to have a look at our site, we had 6 Gyprockers working away. This just shows how organised these guys are, as well how good good their trade connections are. I generally talk to Dylan about once a week to catch up on how the build process is going, and he is awesome and runs through what is happening and what i should expect.

We are at lockups stage as i write this. Looking at the quality of the build and speaking to neighbors who have run into all sorts of issues along there build process, i would definitely recommend these guys.

As a general note to Simonds, your company is only as good as its employees, and Dylan our site supervisor is the type of employee you don't want your competitor to have. He is a valuable asset for you guys with knowledge of the building game which is second to none.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Justin, thank you for the great and honest feedback. We appreciate it. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we... read more »

3 of 49 pages