durack

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

liars and untrustworthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

sales consultant [name removed] is a biggest liar. Most of the things what he told us standard was not part of the standard and the price which he quoted for the inclusion and upgrades was no way near the the actual price which we got in our gallery appointments as final price. And when talked about the over pricing and going way over our budget to the customer relationship manager and management, they said they don't know what conversation we had with [name removed] or sales consultant. So beware of the prices and surprises they give you after signing up the contract. Very bad experience as a first home buyer. Not recommended to anyone because of their surprises and catches.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jagdeep, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience and we want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your ... read more »

job number Q3849

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Excellent all the job been looked after

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

From the beginning worked was is a good speed but just because 3 site Supervisior chafed for house worked for very slow
But current SS steav was extremely efficient and always there when needed

He’s seems to have good experience in the industry

Also great help from BRAD, MILLIE and other team in the head office

Not such good experiences with SS Nick is good that he’s no longer work for SIMONDS

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Nilesh, Thanks for the good feedback! We are glad to hear that you are happy with your current Site Supervisor and the support you got from our head office. If you wish to, please provide your j... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Great Design

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Overall build quality was good. Slab quality was not. Quality control on some finishing Could have been better but overall we're happy with house. Tradesman timing and speed was well managed by Justin our site manager and build never stalled but was kept moving. Customer service and support from Simonds was good. Site manager was friendly. House plan is great.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dave, Thanks for the good feedback! We are glad to hear that your overall experience was good especially with the staff members involved. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

This is first time we have built so was a bit hesitant. The whole process was simple and upfront. We are very happy with build and management of house. Building supervisor Jason was excellent as was Jodie in support quality of build is excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Wazza, Thanks for the great feedback. Great to hear that you are happy with your first time building experience and the staff members involved. If you wish to, please provide your job number an... read more »

Pimpama

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jul 2018

First house and made the experience easy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Could not fault anything with the build. From the initial sale Brittany Risk was absolutely amazing, and throughout the entire customer service procedure with a huge thanks to Jessica Thurlow who was wonderful and very accommodating, it confirmed our decision to go with Simonds. Outstanding service and always happy to help. I have nothing but praise and excellence for all involved. I would highly recommend any body that is going to build not to hesitate in using Simonds. I am looking forward to doing it again with Simonds.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dowdz, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the staff that was involved in your build. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct ... read more »

Hi thank you for the reply. My job number was Q3538

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Very happy with building supervisor Beau

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

Completed my house last month. I am very happy with the building supervisor Beau Gentles. He was very attentive and genuinely caring about the whole process. Always promptly responded my enquires and action any request at the best of effort. Due to the long distant of the building site from my living location, Beau was very accommodating with my schedule. This was not my first time building a house, Beau's attitude and work ethics stood out. I do not hesitate to give him a five stars.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Zhu, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the staff members involved with your build. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct yo... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Liars liars from start to end of contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

I recently end my contract in cooling off period I felt like I been ripped off in every single stage of the contract by Simonds so called Australia's leading builder.i can't write everything in this post but watch out guy's do your shopping first before you decide anything there are so many lier's sitting behind the nice looking offices.

I have to take this matter to consumer affairs court because they simply said no to refund and they don't want to admit their mistake even though I proved on the Quote and the paper work they gave me.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi S Singh, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your ... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great experience with Simond

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

Trust me after hearing lots of scary experiences about building houses from our friends we never thought we would be that lucky, we are having a great experience with SIMONDS as our builder.

Our journey started with Ly Wong at Marsden Park Elara display center. Before we went to Simonds we went to lots of other display homes but the way Ly explained and showed us the procedures to building a house, it makes the hard part so easy to us. His expertise and professionalism made us stay with Simonds.

Then in the head office we met our CRC Marcus William. He is so helpful and always keeping us up to date with the progress of our work. A few times we changed our selected choice but he was very good with us and helped us achieve our desires.

Finally, with our building supervisor Peter Atkinson what can we say about him, he is working like magic. We had a tour of our house and we are so happy with the progress and the quality of his work. It’s been less than three months, he is about to put inside drywall on our house. He showed us around and also explained the steps to complete our house. We appreciate his expertise.

So far so good, we are truly satisfied with the service and support from Simonds.

Can’t wait to move into our dream home and share our excitement with everyone. Also thanks to all team members from Simonds who are helping us achieving our goal.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Abul, Thanks for the great feedback. Fantastic to hear that you are excited to move into your dream home and that you are happy with the support and service provided by Simonds Homes staff. If... read more »

N0955 is our job number

N0955 is our job number

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2020

First home with Simonds Soney Chau

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

We give our 5 star rating to senior consultant Soney Chau of Harpley display. Choosing a builder for our first home was made easy by Soney with his architectural designer background everything was explained to us in perfect details. He is very helpful and approachable, always more than willing to give his expert advise to make life easier and have peace of mind that we are well looked after. Thanks Soney you are certainly a valuable asset to Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jackie, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that Soney was extremely helpful and approachable for your build. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct yo... read more »

Job no. 57642. We would also like to commend our CRC Nicole Gillard who is very helpful and accommodating with all our queries and request.

Traralgon

Simonds are 10/10!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Simonds have been absolutely awesome from start to finish. Being our first home & therefore first time building a house, the support given was nothing short of amazing and they were always happy to answer the many questions that I had on a daily basis! Aaron Wilson, our Sales Consultant went above and beyond in the initial consultation process, Jodie Lampkin our CRC was a great support & I appreciated how quickly she responded to emails and made everything happen in the admin stage & throughout the build. Our Building Supervisor- Leigh Watkins was an absolute legend and I appreciate everything he has done for us! Our house only took 4 months to build, and the workmanship & quality of our home is great (so shout out to the trades who were sometimes even there on a weekend to get it done!!) I would recommend Simonds to anyone who wants to build their first, or even their forever home, especially in the Traralgon Vic area, as I can guarantee that you will be looked after by the whole team!
Thanks, Simonds!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sarah, Thank you for the great feedback. Great to hear that your first time building experience through Simonds Homes was positive and that you received great support throughout the entire buil... read more »

Hi there!
No worries :) Our job number was 55358

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Excited !!! Waiting for the keys

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

We started with Brad Martindale at Wonthaggi office who was very helpful but as we moved on from here to finalise the details it became quite frustrating. Eg. We requested a larger shower but it kept coming back as a smaller shower with wasted space. Also found the specifications misleading, eg. it read 220mm step down to porch, also allowing 15mtrs of carpet for stairway ( single storey house). Once work started on site it went like clockwork. We were amazed at how Aaron Wakefield, our site manager, managed the tradies & delivery of materials. Apart from a small hiccup at the end we are delighted with the workmanship & the final result.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi PLD, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the finish of your home and that you are pleased with the workmanship. If you wish to, please provide your job ... read more »

Our job number is 55440 PLD

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Pre-Build Customer Service - Excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

As first home buyers, we were looking to purchase some land in the Mernda area which is when we came across the Simonds office. We went in there due to curiosity to look for available house designs. One of the best things we have done, we got to meet Matthew Gaucci - Sales Consultant. Matt was very helpful in running through the procedure of building a house and was very informative. He also helped us secure a block on land. Matt knowledge about the designs and his advice was the best thing any first home buyer can get.

We would have proceeded to build with Simonds if we did not find our dream floor plan with another provider. However, that should stop me from telling what an awesome job the people at Simonds did for us, especially good through the details of site costs and designs to fit on the block.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Review for Simonds home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

The house is amazing there are a few minor issues on the way which I have been in contact with my site manager about and he has taken the time to rectify.

Ryan was very helpful during the entire process especially after the house has finished. He has never failed to make and effort to rectify some of the issues that have arised.

Clare Giri and Ryan Cornell have been exceptional during the entire build. They have always kept me updated every step of the way.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Hugh, Thank you for the great feedback, we are glad to hear that your Simonds Homes team were extremely helpful throughout the entire build process. If you wish to, please provide your job num... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2014

We have had nothing but issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

We built with simonds in 2013 and moved in 2014. Since then we have had to have simonds come to the house on several occasions to fix issues and still have them coming out to fix their errors.major cracking in concrete floors, windows that are faulty back doors that are loose bricks that are not set properly, front pillars not mortar properly paint issues hard floors lifting house on a lean. We have been waiting for issues to be fixed for four years now.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Another great home by Simonds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

This is our second home built by Simonds - Nice, easy and quick from start to finish. As always, Chris Cullen's guidance, professionalism, expertise and knowledge of the products are second to none - he's our go to for any project we do. Our supervisor, Chris Cole is always easy to work with and delivers a quality product! Thanks for another job well done!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dave & Kate, Thank you for the great feedback. Great to hear that your 2nd build with Simonds was another positive experience. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct ... read more »

Perfect experiance form the team at simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

After the watersun collapse, the team at Simonds helped my family get back on track. They where also understanding of my developer also causing issues with the start date. As a tradie I found the workmanship and the project planning to be of a high standard. The assistance from office staff was also reliable and professional. very happy and would recommend Simonds again as this is my second build with Simonds and have found all aspects of their service to be reliable even after we had moved in.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi John, Thank you for the great feedback. Great to hear that Simonds Homes was able to help you get back on track with your build! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direc... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible building experience!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I found simonds extremely hard to deal with from start to finish of my 9 month gruelling build. 9 months was a very long time to wait for a straight forward express build (investment property). I lost thousands in lost rent due to simonds poor workmanship, high turn over of staff (i had 5 supervisors) and supervisors being overloaded with 20 homes plus at one time - therefore not having time to look after your home property.
My crc was very hard to get in contact with and would fail to call back when msgs were left. I also had one resign and another take over (a massive problem simonds seem to have).
My contract stated a certain supervisor who i had known and trusted, he resigned before my job even started due to stress. I should have pulled the pin then. I had 4 other supervisors after that and a constructions manager. The job was a nightmare from day one incurring every defect under the sun which i will list.
Slab stage - garage was out by over 100mm on a load barring wall which had to be engineered and re poured which delayed the job. Electrical underground coming up 60mm into the master bedroom and not in the rebate or bottom plate.
frame stage - after walking through the job and seeing the visible disturbing defects i hired a private inspector. He said out of the last 50 homes he had seen mine was the worst. Walls out of plumb by 13mm, trusts snapped, missing noggins etc. he even stated that simonds should not continue with the roofing and should pull it down and start again. Simonds didn't do this. i expressed my concerns but they would not pause the build they loaded the roof making it impossible to fix and straighten the walls as they were now under load. The packing and buzzing was the easy fix for them. All my windows were ordered 5 weeks before they were installed, many got damaged and my sliding door was dumbed on the front porch. Tradies walked over it and destroyed it. Simonds still installed it, having to rip it out later. Many of the windows didn't work properly.
lock up - plaster and paint imperfections were endless, site was constantly a mess.
Hand over - the back fill around the house was done with bark and in sections was 400mm thick. This is not legal backfill material and doesn't not protect the slab. Simonds tried to argue there was nothing they could do until i argued with the constructions manager. Also 2x window sills had to be replaced due to not being straight. Front window not level/crooked, attempted to be fixed twice and still looks the same, simonds argue the window works so deal with it.
The build was put on hold for 4 weeks due to hold ups with the gas line. In this time simonds could have completed all the defects and final touches but instead put the job on hold to avoid paying liquidated damages and delaying the build unnecessarily. When the house came off hold we could have handed it over. Instead the process went on for weeks
the constructions manager who was looking after my home at the end was extremely hard to get in touch with, missing every call and rarely replying to text msgs. I even had to call head office to find out what was going on. Once that final payment is made their attitude changes completely.
All in all I'm lucky this home is an investment and i don't have to live in it, it is still a lot of money which you expect a decent build. Simonds use the cheapest trades possible and the proof is in the workman ship. Out of all the volume builders i believe they are the worst out of a bad bunch. I urge anyone reading this to consider another builder.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi murphy, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your j... read more »

48420, happy to explain my experience in more detail. I have photos etc to back up everything. Regards

Simonds Official

Thanks murphy, have passed your details and job number on to our internal team who should be in contact in the next 1-2 business days.

Let us know if we can assist in any other way possible. Thanks, Jonathan

Warragul

Private message

My dream home for an affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

It's only been 3 weeks since we moved into our new home but so far I am loving it. I love the colors, the facade, and the floor plan Palisade.

Jamie Power at Waterford Rise is just awesome. He is an expert in his job. He laid down options and made suggestions on layout, suitable land, promotions, etc. We decided to build with Simonds because he's too good at marketing. He even toured us to one of the houses being constructed to see what's basic and what are upgrades.

Liz Maxwell assisted us with the gallery and coulours selection. She has such knowledge in her craft. Her suggestions for the colours of the walls, carpet, doors, etc are perfect in our new home.

Ebonie Andrew is our CRC. She is such a sweet and good-natured person. I salute her for her patience with all my questions, plans and sudden change of mind requests. She answered all my questions about the build, promptly updated us on where we were up to and what needed to be done next. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Her job is too demanding, but she went above and beyond. She did a magnificent job.

Matthew Halliday is our building supervisor. He did well updating and touring us during the construction process. There was a major leak 2 days after the handover and Matt responded immediately. He called the right people and fixed it just in time before our move in date. There were areas needing minor paint touch ups and cleaning and we appreciate that Matt organised for them to be fixed to our satisfaction.

Thank you very much to this awesome team. A very happy first home buyer here. Highly recommended! =)

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sunny, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear that you love your new home and the Palisade floor plan! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your... read more »

It's 52368.

Bahrs Scrub, QLD

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Perfect experience for a First Home Buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My wife and I are first time home owners and builders. Simonds made the entire process from sales meeting, to colour choices all the way through to the end of build stage easy to understand, and stress free. The house looks amazing! Everything we wanted was done, from Ducted & Zones Air conditioning to soft-close toilet seats, and all at an affordable price. Our site supervisor sent us weekly updates and arranged regular inspections. Our Customer Representative, who has been with us from the beginning, made the whole process easy to understand and was always very quick to respond if we had any queries.

Many people tried talking us out of building our first home. People said that builders are unreliable and impossible to contact. Simonds have been fantastic. They are nearly a full month ahead of schedule and with regular communication from either our customer rep or site supervisor, my wife and I always felt we knew exactly what was being worked on and how things were moving along.

10/10 - I highly recommend Simonds and would definitely use them again if we chose to build again in the future!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jake,

If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team members involved.

Best wishes,
Amanda

Q3656

Big Thanks to Soney.C, Jessica.A and Tim.F

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

My building consultant is Soney who gives me very professional services from initial floor plan selection, property color selection, upgrades, inspection and final stage settlement. This is my first time build my own home, I am very busy in working can not contribute too much time on this project, but Soney is very patience in helping me to find the best way to build the house, make my whole building journey quick and easy. i can absolutely say Soney has done a really spotless and outstanding service on us, which makes me feel like a good friend helping me with his heart...so if you are thinking of building I highly recommend Soney at Harpley display, who is a qualified architectural designer and not just your typical sales person.
After starting the construction, My CRC Jessica Azzopardi who is a very helpful staff and she can always come back to me, in just 24 hours either same day or the next day! From the fixing stage inspection i met with Tim France my site manager, he is very professional and very experience in all types of work on my house, from the brick, plastering, tiling and plumbing. Now my house is fully completed, I would like to say big thanks to all those great people at Simonds and will recommend others to build with them!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Youzhu, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

4 of 59 pages