Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Quick build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

The process was pretty smooth from the pre-build to completion. No major issues as far as I was aware. Supervisor kept on top of contractors well and kept me informed once each stage was completed. I have now moved in and there are a few expected cosmetic items that need to be fixed as well as ethernet port not yet installed inside the house plus a few other small issues which i will note down to get fixed within the 3 month move in period. The quality of the finish is not to an amazing standard ie paint, but i am pretty happy with the end result vs cost. Layout of the house is great and design was reasonably flexible.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi R B, Great to hear that you are happy with your new home and that you found the process smooth from pre-build to completion. On the maintenance issues, please let us know if there is anything we... read more »

Echuca

Private message

A beautiful new house in great time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

We had our keys handed over yesterday and I must say we were extremely impressed with everything!

The entire build journey was made simple with the help of our lovely CRC Sarah Gray and wonderful site manager Nick Dobell who was onto everything and helped us resolve any minor issues that arised.

We simply cannot flaw the finished product and would easily recommend Simonds Homes to anyone looking to build!

This home worked well for our block and our budget, we couldn’t find better value anywhere. The final cost was just as I had expected, great value for money and we are very happy with everything including the build time frame!

Thank you Simonds Homes!
You’ve done it again

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kara, Thanks for the great feedback and for trusting Simonds to build your new home. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the finished product and that you would highly recommend Simonds ... read more »

My pleasure - Job No. 53448
Cheers!

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Happy First Home, Excellent Building Supervisor Tim France

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

We have just settled our first home, I am happy with the build quality and the service received from Simonds staff Tim and Nicole Cambell

Tim France Building Supervisor, from day one he is very friendly, always responded quickly, answered all queries.
As I am interstate he always updated the status in time and sent photos of the house for every stage that made me feel comfortable.
He has fixed all the minor issues that have been identified in inspection report in time and even my external inspection appreciated Tim for his efforts. Thanks Tim for all your service and efforts during the build, Much Appreciated!!

Nicole Campbell has been helpful from coordination side, she always responded quickly and clarified all queries relevant to the contract, design, documentation and status update.. Thanks Nicole for your excellent service.

I would recommend Simonds for building the house...

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Raj, Thanks for trusting Simonds Homes to build your first home. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Team Members involved with your build and that they have been able to effectiv... read more »

Maitland

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: May 2019

Without Fault - Communicative, Reliable and Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

We have just begun our construction stage with the lovely Simonds Homes. The design and consultation process has been smooth and easy. Our Customer Relationship Coordinator, Maria Hassan is fantastic and we give her 5/5 stars for her patience, assistance and her efficiency. Simonds have been able to bring our vision into reality. Duke Brown, our Sales Consultant and Lauren Little, our Gallery Consultant are both fantastic representatives of the company. We could not recommend Simonds enough for any design you wish to create in and outside your new home. We are so happy we chose Simonds to be on the journey with us. We are estimated to complete construction April/May 2019.
Thank you, Liz and Josh.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Liz and Josh, Pleased to hear that your home building journey is going well, and that you're getting excellent service from the CRC team and Gallery! If it's not too much to ask, it would be gr... read more »

Our job number is N1276.

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Won't take responsibility!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I have been trying to get the damage fixed to my fence caused by your contractor's and the building supervisor keeps deflecting and saying oh it will be fixed and it has not been. I was told I had to contact another builder as it was them that did it. Not possible when the dints are facing inwards. There is concrete splashed all over the back fence, the digger has actually pushed one panel towards my neighbor house so it's not straight anymore and there is blue spray paint on at least 8 panels where you have measured up. I contacted my CSO and was told by her that because the fence is on my property it's my problem. As I have told them both until this is fixed I will not be making final payment or accepting handover.
Was told 3 weeks ago my gas line was the hold up and there was a two week wait, it's now been 3 weeks still no gas line, no communication as to when it will be done, my CSO said she followed it up last Monday, no feedback from her as to when it would be done. I get more information from my mortgage broker than what I do from anyone at Simonds. Will not be recommending you to anybody in Geelong and that's a shame because i know many young people about to start the price

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Fi85,
Thank you for getting in touch. As per our previous private messages, we are already looking into this for you and will continue to communicate with you via inbox. Thanks.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Home Building Made Simple!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

We are out of state owners and we have found the process of building with Simonds far more efficient and easier than we expected. In the beginning there were some issues with promised components of the house by a former employee, however Heather and Penny in the Regional Victorian offices have been absolutely FANTASTIC in resolving all our initial concerns. To date we have had a wonderful experience and the building/site supervisor Jason has also been easy to deal with and happy to give us time to internally inspect our new home.

We are almost at lock up stage and to date the workmanship has exceeded our expectations. We eagerly look forward to our next visit.

Gina & Simon

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Gina and Simon, Wonderful to hear that you've had a great service experience and build with us! Especially in putting all of your concerns at ease, it must be difficult not having easy access t... read more »

Did I just Seriously build A house. um, NO. However, Simonds did on my behalf!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

It's my first build and I chose Simonds as they have been accommodating my needs since the very first day I made an inquiry.
I would just like to put it out there for any skeptics, that I am not receiving any money or discounts to write this review, and I am definitely not getting paid a fee of any description for the fantastic and free advertising Simonds happen to be receiving from building my home!! talk about Location!

It all began one day, when Heidi in Sales called me back. She was so responsive the whole time. even before I had really decided, YES I"LL Build through Simonds. Heidi was great throughout the whole design phase. And was able to meet both my physically demanding needs and wallet. the house ended up being a fantastic price. A brand new home. wow.
Heidi, introduced me to the next mob. Shannon and Heather. Shan was going over the contract and helped with some advice . still I was wondering what Heather was doing in her office. I know I could could Shan tomorrow and I know She will make some time to answer my questions.
It wasn't until I had to start making my phone calls and asking about adding concrete to my plans that I realized that Heather was actually working at the front desk dealing with other clients, just like myself, to keep many other buildings to continue to be being built hassle free!! Good old customer service!! how rare! I've Had to email and ring a few times It's probably a bit embarrassing, however the ladies have been very gracious and I get over it. They go over and beyond to be honest. I like to think I have a nice rapport with them. They could be just really professional ;)

I've met my Builder Supervisor Andrew, and the actual build is Happening. It's all been so quick. It's been an amazing experience. Andrew calls up with regular updates as do the ladies. I
I look forward to seeing all the brickwork next couple weeks.
Every bit of work done so far looks great.

I'll just have to build another house with them so I can hand out with them all again haha
all I need is the funds and the block and Simonds will do the rest! Thanks for making my dream come true

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Michaela, Thanks for that heading, that gave me a good laugh! We're very glad you had such a positive experience with your new home build, and especially that you're pleased with the customer s... read more »

BEXLEY NORTH

• 2 answers

Reliable service, kind staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

My house just completed by Simonds Homes of Point Cook Victoria. it was a relaxed journey and happy experience. The whole building progress was explained and clear. Many thanks to the coordinator Jay and the project manager Shannon. The property was built for only 14 weeks, completed on time. The 3 months of post building services and afterwards maintenance really a surprise to me.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ping, We are glad to hear that your journey building with Simonds Homes was relaxed and happy and that the team members involved with your build were able to assist you throughout the entire b... read more »

Job No. 54634

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Amazing company, staff and house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Our first dealings with Simonds were with Jamie Power, what an awesome salesperson he is. Nothing was ever too hard, the whole process was seamless and he was an absolute pleasure to deal with, product knowledge and follow up were fantastic. We can't recommend Jamie enough. The house started being built whilst we were away living overseas in Canada and our site manager Justin Bersey was awesome always sending us emails with updates and images etc easing my mind being so far away. The communication was great and he above and beyond meeting with our friends to drop off keys, and went back to sweep out the garage etc. Thanks so much Jamie, Justin and all the team at Simonds. We would recommend and hope to potentially build another investment in a few years!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi D and J Brown, Great to hear that Jamie was able to help you both throughout the building process and that all team members involved were able to assist while you were overseas in Canada. We'd... read more »

Excellent - Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

My experience with Simonds was amazing, couldn't have gone any smoother.
From Start to finish Jamie, Matt and Jackie were fantastic and I would highly recommend them all.
I was kept up to date from throughout the whole process, I can't say much more other than my experience with Simonds incredible, if I get the chance to build again I would definitely build with Simonds

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kim, Thanks for the positive feedback. Great to hear that the team involved with your build have been very helpful and kept you up to date throughout the entire build process. We'd love to pas... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Simonds are efficient and manage you well through every phase of the build!
The house and the quality are looking great! We have had no issues through out our build and are very satisfied with Simonds. So far all costs have lined up!
Overall we are very happy that we chose Simonds to build our first home. The quality and service have been great!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Britt and Seb, We are glad to hear that you are very satisfied with Simonds Homes and are happy with the quality of your new home. We'd love to pass this feedback directly through to the team ... read more »

First Home with Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

This is my first home. I met Sales consultant Aaron with zero experience. He helped a lot to find a perfect place for me. Jodie as a coordinator well manages all documentation by giving less stress. Construction happened so soon and it completed on time as on contract. Site superior Leigh and his team did a fantastic job. Well done guys.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sidath, Thanks for trusting Simonds Homes to build your first home. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the current level of service you are receiving from the team members involved w... read more »

Job#56395

Diggers Rest

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2015

Great at the start, hopeless after the keys are handed to you. Many years later still having issues.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

===Still after a couple of years things haven't been resolved===

Mortar still yellow and cracking, said they would pay out because they can't fix it. They still want to send people out to inspect it, they have already had about 10 inspections with the same result.
We have had about 5 acid washes which is making the problem worse.
Now they are ignoring us completely, after repeated requests for them to contact us.

In what world does a maintenance supervisor say that everyone on Simonds has a problem with us because the house is falling apart and we are actually complaining about it and attempting to get it fixed.
This guy tells us that the original Maintenance supervisor doesn't even want to speak to us any more and even the managers inside the Point Cook office. Also that I shouldn't be acting friendly with my tenant (how is that any of their business?) What on earth is wrong with your company representatives?

The fact he was yelling and putting my partner and the person living in the house down, saying "why does he have to deal with this crap house".

So, a leaking roof - is not your problem
So, damage to the plaster - is not your problem (the sun will dry it out)
So, broken roof tiles - is not your problem
So, cracks in the ceiling - is not your problem (that's part of the building, they all do that)
So, broken ceiling near lighting - is not your problem (that's part of the settling of the house)
So, off white mortar that is yellow and cracking - is not your problem (well you chose the off white mortar, those are the risks)
So, cracks and gaps within the mortar - is not your problem (some how austral bricks fault, but not your contractor)
So, a leaking tap that damaged the bench - is not your problem

Structural engineers have already said this house shouldn't be standing any more and should be knocked down due to the poor brick work.

Customer Service with after sales support is non-existent, it seems like the mid level managers don't even care and fob us off, through no fault of our own. We have been nice, we have been calm, we have been factual, we have been non-emotive, we haven't sworn once, we haven't even raised our voice once, yet the treatment we are receiving is just beyond a joke. The attitude from people from ALL aspects so far is reprehensible. We pay you over $175,000 for this house and previously another $200,000+ for a previous faultless house, and we are treated like we are the problem.

To top it off, the current tenants living in this house are soon to be building with Simonds and are very close to cancelling the contract with you.

Fix my house and fix your customer service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Daniel, Thank you for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all you concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number ... read more »

Job 43827

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Better second time around, so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

This is our second build with Simonds, and so much better than the first communication wise. We were hesitant to go with Simonds for a second time but even though our build wasn’t such a positive experience the quality of our home was great. First time around the communication between site supervisor, customer relationship coordinator to us was non existent. Yet this time around it’s fantastic. Every week we hear from our site supervisor Chris and every 2 weeks from Shannon our customer relationship coordinator. Both are a pleasure to deal with and always explain so well what is happening with our build. I also know if we have any issues I don’t or wouldn’t hesitate to ask. We are happy with the quality we have seen so far in this build. Let’s hope the next couple of months continue along the same path and we finish in a positive way.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shelley, Thanks for the positive feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you have trusted Simonds again to build your new home and that you are extremely happy with the team members involved wit... read more »

Job no. 54336

The fastest ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

This was my first experience building my own home.
It was great from the start, choosing the land and then the design. Simonds has been a great experience, great staff who guided me all the way till the completion.
Thank you Justin, (our builder supervisor) for the lovely regular updates. I really appreciated seeing the whole progress from the beginning to the end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dolores, Thanks for trusting Simonds Homes to build your new home and we are glad to hear that you were happy with the experience from start to finish. We'd love to pass this feedback directly ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Great Experience Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Our first experience started with Sales staff at Chisholm (Duke and Maria). Couldn't have been more helpful. There was no problem with additional garage or larger rooms they were very accomodating. Simonds commenced our build 8 weeks ago in Tea Gardens and everything has gone so smoothly. We are almost to lock up and tradesmen very fast and efficient. Our Site Manager (Dylan) is helpful and obviously knows the building game when comes to organising tradies. When the bricklayer couldn't start straight away he got the gyprock and insulation started. That's all finished now and bricklayer has now started. Now the Carpenters are back to fit out and tilers start next week. We are very impressed so far. We will keep you updated.

November 8th 2018 Update: STILL HAPPY - PROGRESS EXCELLENT

Just to update on our home with Simonds, the bricklayer has finished and done a great job. So happy with our choices of colours and everything is falling into place. Site Manager Dylan is very easy to work with and keeps us updated on tradies and what to expect next. So many of our friends have had slow and bad experiences with builders and our home is the talk of Tea Gardens at the moment on how quickly it has progressed. So happy. We would like to thank all the tradies that have worked on our home, which is a credit to Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Debbie, Thanks for the positive feedback and we are glad to hear that you are happy with the team members involved. We'd love to pass this feedback directly through to the team on your account,... read more »

Our Job number is N1116

Second time building with Simonds, perfect again +++

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

We built our first home with Simonds and came back again when looking for an investment property builder. They were fabulous again. The price, professionalism, standard of building and time frame of the build was all perfect We'll definitely be back in the future when we need another. Couldn't recommend Leigh Watkins our site manager and the team at Traralgon Simonds enough.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Danielle, Thanks for using Simonds again and allowing us to build your investment property! We'd love to pass this feedback directly through to the team on your account, if you could supply a j... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Sale & contract process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I started the process with Sunny Xia in Simonds' sales office. Mrs Xia was a very hard-working and enthusiastic person, she gave pragmatic opinions and was very open to take ideas. It's worth mentioning that Sunny also offered assistance after sale process, which was very impressive.
After submitting the tender, my case was handed to a CRC (customer relation coordinator) Simone and her colleague Marcus. They were in charge of the contract process and both very nice and helpful. Simone was very considerate and she specifically accommodate my special requirements of scheduling tight appointments and passing my requests to the internal team. Marcus' role was to explain the contract details, he was patience and thorough with his tasks, which led to a very smooth contract binding process.

How well managed was your build?
N/A
How was the workmanship and build quality of your property?
N/A
If you had any issues pre, post, or during construction, how satisfied are you with how the company handled them?
N/A
How did your final cost compare to your estimated cost?

December 20th 2018 Update: Pre-construction

How well managed was your build?
N/A

How was the workmanship and build quality of your property?
N/A

If was an overall stressful process, which I understood. As it is a very time consuming task. The only issue I got is that sometimes it takes a week for Simonds to reply due to the availability of their specialists. However the staffs would inform me once they have any updates.

How did your final cost compare to your estimated cost?
The cost schedule with Simonds was very transparent. They clearly listed the base price and upgrades.

During the pre-construction phase, I mainly talked with Simone in CTC and Lauren in Gallery. Simone was very helpful through out including helping to make urgent arrangement to suit my travel requirements, and she communicated well with great patience. Many thanks to her hard work! Lauren and those gallery specialists were extremely knowledgeable, they provided excellent advices during my headache gallery process, and the tedious follow-up email chain. I am more than satisfied to the final paperwork.
I look forward to a smooth and successful building phase.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi T.C, Thanks for the positive feedback. Great to hear that you are happy with all of the team members involved with your build. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct yo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

What an amazing journey with Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

I cannot fault the experience I've had with Simonds Home from end to end. Our sales consultant Joe Wong set the bar pretty high with his really creative ideas and experience. I was suitably impressed with how courteous, patient and talented Joe is which made it a fun journey for us. Next up was the Customer relationship coordinator Jessica who was so helpful in getting us to the next stages. Regardless of what obstacles we encountered, Jessica was very reassuring and rectified everything as quickly as she promised. Rita from the gallery team was so helpful as we originally struggled to find colours that complemented our colour scheme. Rita was very generous with her time and we felt really comfortable with her advice. We have now gone to site and everything is progressing quicker than we expected. The site supervisor Cameron has been so easy to deal with and has made it a very smooth transition for us. We are quite impressed with the quality of the service and workmanship so far. Overall, really happy with our experience and would recommend Simonds Homes to anyone who asks. Thank you to everyone involved.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi MarioSAB, Thanks for the great feedback. Great to hear that your journey with Simonds so far has been positive and that you are happy with all of the team members involved with your build. If yo... read more »

Wangaratta

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Loving my new home!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Super stoked to have my own dream home!!

As a first home buyer, I have gone through too many display homes and had many conversations with sales consultants, but always found my way back to Simonds. I just found that I got exactly what I wanted that suited my budget.

Thank you to Anita Bourke for helping me get things rolling and being patient with a few hiccups along the way.

Many thanks to Heather Brown and building supervisor Jason McInnes. They were fantastic, very easy to communicate with and I enjoyed working with them!! I was surprised that everything went so well and so smoothly through the whole build process.

Unfortunately, with the contractors, the quality of the workmanship is very poor. People say you get what you paid for with Simonds, but I didn’t pay for poor workmanship.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Amy, Thanks for the positive feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you have trusted Simonds to build your dream home and that the team members involved were extremely helpful considering it was... read more »

Job number 55872.