Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2018

Outstanding service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

The entire building process with Simonds was efficient and streamlined. I could not fault any of the professional staff involved from the sales team, to the gallery team, customer service and my site supervisor.
Every step in the building process was done in a timely and efficient manor and I was kept informed throughout the whole process. Communication from the Simonds team was excellent.
A huge thank you in particular to my site supervisor Rob who went above and beyond to help me in every way possible and to my customer relationship coordinator Danielle for assisting in sorting out all the finer details for me towards the end of the building process. The efficient hard work is greatly appreciated and recognised. Thank you to all, I love my new home.

Inverloch

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Very Happy Clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

So happy with the service. From our first meeting with Aaron and Skie we knew we were in safe hands with our dream house. We can't thank Aaron, Skie and the team enough for all their countless hours and outstanding professionalism. Aaron's eye for detail and his building knowledge really shone thought out the entire process. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Leesh, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with Aaron and Skie has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Amazing Experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

You hear so many horror stories about how building a house is an extremely stressful time. However, from start to finish it has been a stress free experience, in which we have been able to admiringly enjoy. If there was anything that needed to be fixed within the house, Justin our builder was onto it and rectified the situation and never made us feel like we were carping. We found our time with Simonds a very smooth and enjoyable experience. It’s so refreshing to have been in close contact throughout the whole build, there was never a moment we were kept out of the loop. I highly recommend using Simonds to people whom are looking at building a house!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Holly, thank you for the fantastic feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with was a stress free experience! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your p... read more »

Hi Tristan,
Job number was 52191
Thank you!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Great experience for first time home builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

The finish of our home was done exactly to our expectations. Ryan, our builder, was very easy to get along, he did exactly what he told us he would do, "build you a good home''. We didn't have a lot of contact with Ryan during the building process, which is exactly what we wanted, Ryan is the expert in co-ordinating and building homes, we didn't feel as though he needed to waste his time talking to us all the time. We had full trust in his decision making and he certainly did not let us down. We were also very impressed on how quickly our home was built. It was started at the end of October and we had handover on the 12/02/2018, with Christmas in-between, very impressive.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tania, thank you for the great feedback! It sounds like Ryan did a great job in meeting your needs and expectations. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your pos... read more »

Simonds Traralgon are fantastic.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Jamie Power at Warragul was fantastic and really made us feel comfortable with our decisions, we originally spoke to Metricon but did not get the same vibe from them. He was our first impression for the company and he was great. We then started to deal with Ebonie Andrew at the Traralgon office and throughout the process she was there to answer all my stupid questions and was a great support. When we started having problems with the broker that Jamie recommends Ebonie was a big help with this as well. Our Supervisor was Leigh Watkins and the hype around this guy is justified. He was great. Not once did he make us feel like our questions and concerns were not important. He was really easy going and a pleasure to deal with.
My only negatives about the build is the fit and finish on the house was not great. And the block was left with a lot of rubbish on it and was pretty dead flat before the build but we were left with a very uneaven block that we now have to get people in to level it back out. The fit and finish issues are minor but there are heaps of them. Little things like overstay on the bricks, stickers left on the front of the toilet bowls, the front entrance does not leave a good first impression, plaster and paint issues etc. I am sure these will get fixed by maintenance in a few months but it is a big deal to build a house and it's disappointing to then feel like you have to fix it straight away.
All that being said I will definitely recommend Simonds to anyone that asks and I would definitely build with Simonds again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dean, thank you for the honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your feedback to ... read more »

Hi Tristan, I think the job number is 54126. It was build at lot 102 Lucas way, Trafalgar 3824. It would be great for this to be passed on to the team involved. Although there are things we weren't... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Investors delight!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I couldn't thank the team at the Wonthaggi office enough for my cruisey experience so far. I started my journey with Brad at the cowes display. I got to see the floorplan I was buying and its STANDARD inclusions in the flesh. What a breath of fresh air!! Skie in the office then held my hand through the whole experience from waiting for my land to title to meeting Aaron my supervisor. Both Aaron and Skie have been keeping in really good communication and Aaron has been very generous in supplying photos of the home at stages I have unable been able to see for myself. Looking forward for my next one!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rohan, thanks for the glowing feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedb... read more »

Great Experience in the beginning not so much at the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I would like to start this review with a great thank you to our site supervisor (Justin) from Warragul.

Our experience with Justin was fantastic from the beginning to the end of our build. As a first home builder Justin kept us in the loop of the building progress. THANK YOU, JUSTIN.

Jamie in sales was also very helpful when it came to selecting our first home, made it very easy with all the details provided

Just a negative at the end, all paper work was fine till the end. An invoice was issued to us before final invoice which couldn't be added to the final invoice. This delayed the process of us moving in our new home because two invoices had to be paid individually. Be aware of the unexpected at the end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there, thanks for the honest feedback! We're very happy to hear your building journey with Justin and the team was enjoyable, minus the unexpected issue at the end. We'd love to pass this... read more »

Can't wait to enjoy our new home .

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Our journey with Simonds started really well with our Sales person Jamie who made us feel confident that our decision to build with Simonds was a good choice for us.
When we got to the next stage of signing documents and colour selections our crc had left then another team member took over and then we had Ebonie who has been absolutely amazing. So with all these changes some of our selections where wrong or not included. So thank you Ebonie.
We are happy with the overall finish of our home. There have been a few minor issues but they have been dealt with or fixed by our site supervisor Justin .
All team members Jamie. Ebonie and Justin where always only a phone call away. So big THANKYOU for looking after us and cannot wait to enjoy our new home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Mel, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey got back on track and ended well. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

Can'r wait to enjoy it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Our journey with Simonds started really well with our Sales person Chris making everything so effortless and being our first home made us feel really comfortable with our decision to build with Simonds. Moving into the document signing stage and selections things most definitely got more difficult for us. Our initial customer relationship coordinator went on maternity leave suddenly and one of the main staff we did our product selections with also left. These two things it made it little hard for us to keep open communication moving forward as some of selections were wrong or not included. Once we got the ball rolling our new Coordinator was AMAZING and we felt she really went above and beyond to assist us in any way possible (Thanks Aleisha!) It took us awhile to get building approval and covenant etc but once we did the actual building process was super smooth and seemed to fly by. We were originally scheduled to handover in February but with the build not actually starting until later January we were pushed back - not that I think this was entirely Simonds fault but this is something that's important to keep in mind when building a home. The finishes on our home are really good and we think the quality of the home its self is really high and we have many comments of how good looks. We have now been in our home 2 weeks and naturally there have been a few teething issues but nothing major and nothing that both our building supervisor or our CRC hasn't done all they could to resolve. Overall we are really happy with our home and the way it has turned out, and also the way our particular build and the problems we faced were dealt with! Big thank you to the team that looked after us, we can not wait to settle in and enjoy our beautiful home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lara, thank you for the open and honest feedback! We're happy that once you got in contacted with your new coordinator Aleisha, everything got back on track! I'd love to get this review acros... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Excellent Job and thank you Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

We are much very happy to build our house with simonds, and thankful to our sales consultant give our choose home and land packaged,and we choosing as home what we like, Warran's were a pleasure to deal with as the building supervisor, very easy to talk too and knowledgeable about it and work progressed steadily throughout the whole building period, Thanks again!! Simonds and all team

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Alex, thanks for the great feedback! We're very happy to hear your building journey with us has progressed smoothly! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your pos... read more »

flemington

Private message

excellent from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Simonds Job no. 53144
Job Customer service was A1. Clients can be difficult at times and not once did I receive anything but a professional service. Workmanship was good in all areas and whenever I asked a question it would be answered. The build was extremely well managed and I was always updated on the process or any issues that popped up.
In all Chris Cullen (sales) was our initial contact when we were first looking for a house and land. Chris was fantastic and actually helped us with choosing a block of land. He didn't have to do this but is was very well appreciated and made it a little easier, even to the point of helping in the land negotiations and organising soil testing. Chris sent several proposals for houses and explained everything that I needed to know.
Jodie Lampkin the sales consultant has the thankless task of keeping people like me happy when I need things explained as for the majority of the build we were in Melbourne. Jodie was always prompt and made sure I was comfortable with the whole house process. Jodie always took time to keep me in the loop as their were some issues at the commencement and Jodie's surety made me comfortable.
Jason Martens were a pleasure to deal with as the building supervisor. Very easy to talk too and knowledgeable about all aspects of the house build. Again , Jason kept me well informed and sent several photos as we were in Melbourne when the build was taking place. Jason also went out of his way to help with any issues or any additional work I need to do. Has a great approach to what he does and has a eye for detail.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Peter, thank you for the awesome feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with Chris, Jodie and Jason was enjoyable! I'll use your job number and make sure this review gets across to... read more »

Bentleigh East

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

A thing of beauty is a joy forever

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

We are nearing to completion on our Journey of Building with Simonds
Our journey with Simonds has been smooth, exciting and relaxing so far!!
We have been hosted by some of the best people during our Journey with Simonds. I will write about some of my collaboration with Simonds family members with whom I directly dealt with many times.
Ai Huynh from sales is fantastic. She appears to clients as if she is available 24 X 7. I love her quick response time and straight forward nature. Our entire initial sale process has been completed in just 3 weekends in the skilled hands of Ai. What I would like Ai to consider is to flash some more smiles per hour!!
Then comes my favourite part – Gallery. The location, the facility, the ambience, the refreshments and the people and their organisation - OMG. They do all the things needed to make your colour selection a breeze. More than colour selection, they love to talk and listen to people which will make the gallery appointment a cake-walk. Even though my interaction with them is just for one day, I keep remembering them whenever I talk about my home with my friends. Katie (Colours), Laura (Tiles) and Dianne (Electrical) are some of the helping angels.
Tony – the elderly young man who walked us through the HIA contract made sure that signing HIA contract is not like the regular fast forward recording on the websites. He very carefully explained all the points of the contract including the risks. When we were worried that we are late by approx. 30 mins to the appointment due to heavy rains in Melbourne, his first few words with us are ‘I was thinking about you guys on how you are going make it to the appointment in this heavy rain!! But, you guys came early than I expected’. Just one dialogue revealed his personality to us. Tony made sure that we are happy while signing the contract by clearing each doubt that we have on our mind.
Now comes the two very important roles. The driver and conductors of our journey. Jessica Azzopardi (customer relationship coordinator) and Beau Gentles (building supervisor).
Jessica has conducted/co-ordinated our Journey nicely. Arranging the appointments, tracking the plans/ documentation, managing the business communication, getting authorizations on the documents, handling variations etc - she worked as a proper conduit between various parties and met all our expectations. Her role involved collaboration with various teams to keep us posted time to time on the progress. Our experience with her closely resembles the four seasons of a year. I know coordination sometimes cannot make everyone happy. What I would like Jess to consider is to have some more attention to detail / focus.
Beau – the driver of our journey. Prior to meeting Beau, I heard from my friends that it is very important to stay in the good books of building supervisors because they can easily make/break your dream. This is exactly what is going on my mind prior to meeting Beau in the first week of Feb this year. In his first few words of our meeting, as if he is trying to erase all my evil thoughts, Beau said “No dramas mate!! If all goes well, I will hand over your house by last week of May to Mid-June”. He stood by his word and we are now very close to the hand over. We felt very happy after our first meeting with Beau. After our four + months of association with Beau, we have a feeling that we can’t even imagine a better supervisor than Beau. Even the neighbours around our property also speak high about Beau that they saw him working late in the evening. His style of work is very simple and adorable – “do it straight and do it right!!”. Here are some of the sample wow moments with Beau!!
On the occasion where we appointed an independent building inspector – Beau mentioned that “Sam appears to be well qualified building inspector. Happy to work with him and rectify all of his valid findings”
On the occasions where we wanted to visit the building site on a weekend – Beau mentioned “I know that this house means a dream for you. Happy to work with you. Let me know at what time you are coming so that I can be around”.
On the occasion where we asked what is that Beau look for when various sub-contractors work for him – For this, Beau took the examples of painting and carpentry work in the kitchen and showed us some very fine detail that he look for like the glossy finish on the painted walls, sharp edges when the colours on the adjacent walls have contrasting colours, the number of joints on the woodwork on items like kitchen bench top etc.
When we have some dilemma about choosing the driveway colour, Beau gave us address of some of the Simonds display homes so that we can have a real touch and feel look at various driveway options.
With his good work, Beau proved it once again there is a clear difference between Completing vs. Finishing. Our dream house is getting completed soon!! Thank you, Simonds and team!!

Comments
Simonds Official

Wow Sree! Thank you for the amazing, fantastic review! We're so happy to hear your journey with all our team members has been exciting and enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job... read more »

Thank you Tristan. 55498 is the job number!!

Helpful from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

From the start with our sales person Brad was great once we picked our house we had a price that day he was always happy to answer our questions. Skye in the office was very helpful answering all our questions promptly and helped with all our inquiries. Aaron our supervisor was always letting us know how the build was progressing and was happy to work in with us when it came to inspections.
I recommend buying with Simonds

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sarah, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear that Brad, Skye and Aaron provided a quality service! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2018

What a great job, thank you Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

The trades were excellent and the Supervision by Dylan made the job go smoothly
they are respectful and accommodating of the site specific work needed
The site is quite challenging having to build on an old house site sandwiched between two existing house on a 10 meter wide block, in a narrow street.
Support is always there from the operational people through to construction, they are polite and professional resolving any issues as they arise.
From a customers perspective the communication is brilliant and they just dont pay you lip service the staff actualy perform by doing what they say they will do.
This is a teriffic building experience, thank you Simonds

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi there Tony, this is excellent to hear! Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us and the construction team has been enjoyable. If you wish to, please pr... read more »

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 5 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: May 2018

Good company to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

We found the experience of dealing with Simonds was smooth sailing from sales to completed construction.
Any problems that we found along the way (and these were very few) were quickly sorted out by our CRC or site supervisor.
Work progressed steadily throughout the whole building period.
The price was reasonable especially when compared to what other builders offered.
The workmanship in the house is of high quality. At the end of the construction we had the property inspected by an independent building inspector who said that he was impressed with the work. He said that our home was far better than most of the houses that he inspects.
Thank you Simonds for the good building experience.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Arana, thanks so much for the great feedback! We're happy the property inspector loved the home too. It's great to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Journey with Simonds-so far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

We are very happy to build our house with Simonds. We are very much thankful to our sales consultant Suhani Saraogi for her advice and help. She is very friendly and has given us proper guidance. Our house construction is not started yet but can't wait to see different stages of our dream home. Hope not to have any bad experience with Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Khyati, we're happy to hear the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with Suhani Saraogi has been enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

So far, so good! First Home Buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

The Gippsland team have been nothing but helpful so far, I am now up to the onsite stage. Jamie Power (Sales Consultant) put no pressure on me and definitely had my best interest in mind! As a first home buyer there is a lot to learn and so many questions, but Jamie was there to explain and help me choose what was going to be best for me. He was extremely helpful with referring me to local conveyancers and brokers when needed, and I followed his suggestions! Moving onto the colour selection, planning, land titling, and final document stage, Ebonie Andrew (CRC) has always been an email or phone call away for any questions I had. This stage was exciting because it all seems to feel real seeing it all on paper. I received constant updates to let me know about how my land titles were coming along and every update included rough dates for the next exciting thing to look forward to. Any queries or changes I wanted to make Ebonie would be quick to help me out and ensure that I'm receiving exactly what I want! I can't thank the Gippsland team enough for all the help that they've given me along the way!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Prudee, thanks for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with the Gippsland team has been enjoyable. We're glad the team was able to deliver a supportive service for you... read more »

MELBOURNE

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Great first time building experience!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

We go to site on Monday but to date the team has been amazing. From my first call to Jamie Power to inquire about a Simmonds home to then meeting him at the Warragul Display Homes office, I was immediately impressed with his knowledge and willingness to help and inform me being a first time builder. Then a bit of a wait for my land to settle then Ebonie Andrew my CRC from Traralgon has got right on to it. I know with her promptness and attention to detail we have saved a week here and there between processes to get me to site and start the build as soon as permits etc would allow. I look forward to the build starting and have every faith this will be an enjoyable experience up to the time I collect the keys.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Susan, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Hi Tristan, job number is 52561. Regards Susan

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2014

Great All Round

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Build quality of the property was great, and well managed by the build supervisor. The customer service was exceptional - dealt with Heather Brown from the Albury office and my supervisor and they were absolutely fantastic, couldn't have asked for better. Friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. Loved dealing with Heather all throughout my process from start to finish, the staff were all great, but especially loved dealing with Heather.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kim, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with Heather and the team has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct y... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Positive experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

After months of researching house plans and builders we are so happy we decided to build with Simonds Homes. Our experience was positive from very start.
Our sales consultant Vivek Handa was very professional and friendly. He has gone above and beyond to help in any way possible. A big shout-out to him. I was amazed with the house design and the spacious floor plan presented to build our home. This could only be achieved through his expertise and attention to detail. He offered me the best house design through clever modifications which maximised my land dimensions and optimised value for money. Throughout the whole process, he always went above and beyond to readily answer my queries even after the design and sales admin stage. I am so grateful for his assistance and will only refer people to him as he genuinely looks after his customers and of course for his exceptional customer service and talent! Team at selection gallery was amazing.
Our build coordinator Jessica was just as on top of things and responsive to our questions. I feel the whole team works with professionalism and always look forward to assist if we are in doubt. This is our first home which we are building and experience with Simonds have been good so far.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Hitesh, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your posi... read more »

4 of 55 pages