Seaford Meadows

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Really happy with this build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

The whole experience with Simonds was great. From the salesperson to the selection person and across the whole spectrum.
The site supervisor was very approachable and flexible and it was all completed in a matter of months.
The feel of the home is great with the choice of quality products as standard and I feel very much at home in my new house. Would recommend Simonds, South Australia to anyone looking for a quality builder.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Lori, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feed... read more »

S1608

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Melitta & Adrian Will not disappoint!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Being in the Real Estate industry customer service means a lot to me. I started my journey looking for the right home back in September 2017 I saw so many display homes in the Geelong area. Most agents were very pushy & wanted pen to paper there on the day. I happened to walk into Adrian Lapetina's display home in Armstrong Creek & I was blown away by this mans service & knowledge of the homes he was selling. He played a massive part in the reason I am building with Simonds & even though it is past his stage now he still keeps in contact to see how everything is going.

Going through the planning stage I will be honest & say I wasn't extremely happy with the service I got from my consultant (no need for names) so I was put onto the senior customer relationship manager Melitta Traczyk.

I could not speak highly enough of Melitta, she has been very prompt on all my questions I have asked & pretty much has been there to hold my hand through a very stressful time. My build was meant to start at the end of March but with her hard work, she has now given me a start date 3 weeks early.

Thus far Adrain & Melitta have been nothing short of amazing & I can't thank them both enough. This is my first home & I am very nervous & excited for what is ahead.

Thank you once again, Adrian & Melitta for all your help.

Cheers
Matt Taylor

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Matt Wade, thank you for the great and honest feedback. It's really appreciated, and we are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your jo... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

We are so happy in our new house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

We had a wonderful experience building our first home with Simonds Wonhaggi, everyone was very helpful and guided us through the processes extremely well.

Throughout the entire build our Site manager was fantastic at keeping us up to date with the stages as our house build progressed. He was always very easy to approach when we had questions, concerns or wanted to be taken through our house to see the progress.

We both also thought that the CRC officer and staff all did a great job at communicating with us at the different stages of the build.

Since moving in we are both enjoying living in our home, and we would highly recommend Simonds Wonthaggi for anyone wanting to build a house.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Haydn, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with the Wonthaggi team has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct y... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Very happy with the house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

Very happy with the house build and the service provided.
Love my new house, everything wasn't a problem when questioned asked.
Looking forward to spending a long time in this magnificent home built by Simonds.
Everything was completed as per the contract even when I changed my mind and had variation work done.

So a big Thank you to Leroy and Amanda

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Christian, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! I'm sure Leroy and Amanda will be happy to see this! If you wish to, please... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excited

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Build still in process customer service very good.im happy to be a customer for simmonds homes as everything so far has gone very smooth . Its my first time in building a new home and i found simonds very helpful in explaining everything step by step as u do have alot of questions so now im looking forward to the end result.

March 29th 2018 Update: Excited

Customer service is fantastic almost ready to start building and from the minute i walked in the door of simonds i was greeted with a smile and great customer service and anything i asked it was answered with no trouble at all by Simon .
All my paper work and updates were done by nicole which has been very helpful.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Nelly! Thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2019

An excellent start because of an excellent consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

We signed up with Simonds in the end for our first home as we fell in love with their floor layout. We randomly met the sales rep Soney Chau in Harpley Estate through his lovely assistant, Julia. He was incredible to work with, he is very approachable and a good personality. We are extremely lucky to have him. We were quite particular in what we wanted and Soney was very accommodating and generous with his time, he was patient with us, discussed every minor detail and help us though literally everything to meet our requirements. Most importantly, he help us to cut the cost where possible to help us stick to our budget without losing sense of aesthetics yet create more functional use/space with his long experience in architectural and interior fields. He is a credit to Simonds!

Through the journey for our first home with Simonds, we feel like we are part of the team, a pleasure to work with, as Simonds-Harpley Estate team and my customer relations coordinator Kayla were very passionate, professional, and friendly.

It is amazing to see how sometimes, most of the time the Simonds team go an extra mile to make sure that the customer is happy and fully satisfied. We highly recommend Simonds to anyone looking to build.

J. Wei & M. Yen

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi J. Wei & M. Yen! Thank you so much for the amazing feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can dire... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

First home buyer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

I am building in the Geelong area and Miranda Williams was absolutely amazing during the buying stage. She is friendly and easy to talk to. Miranda made sure I understood everything and took the time to explain anything I didn't understand. She went above and beyond to take me to new estates to show me in person the different outside colour options and facades. Also keeping me well up to date on the whole process to date. I am extremely happy with Miranda's level of service and highly recommend her to anyone looking to buy

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Amelia, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fe... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

I am currently in the administration process and I must say my journey has been a breeze, from the sales stage through to the administration stage my sales consultant Rob has been terrific, provided excellent service. My co ordinator Gabrielle has made the journey run as smooth as possible with no hiccups I am now waiting for my land to title thank you simonds

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Franky, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear that starting your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct yo... read more »

Our Forever Home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

We have recently moved in to our new home built by Simonds, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of workmanship.
Our build was managed extremely well, our site manager was very organised and approachable, which made the build of the house a stress free process. Any minor problems that arose were quickly addressed and fixed.
We were able to contact our CRC when required in majority of cases. They were always friendly and willing to answer any questions we had.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Cristy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fe... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Great customer service - Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

So far we have had a wonderful experience with Simonds. From our initial meeting with Carol who convinced us Simonds was the best option for us to the finer details of the selection process with Jessica who was always happy to help. They showed great customer service and promptly responded to all of our queries and concerns. We are happy with the way our building process has been so far and are looking forward to moving into our completed Simonds home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Imran, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable so far! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your p... read more »

Q3484

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Miranda Williams ( Geelong Region ) Was Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Miranda Williams has been amazing, supporting me in a friendly manner. She has answered every question I have asked and I have asked many. I am excited to build with Simonds Home and having Miranda to go to makes me feel comfortable that nothing will be to hard to sort out along the way, which has puts me at ease. Good communication and professionalism is everything, I appreciate all the help I have been given, I'm looking forward to my build.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ally, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with Mirand and the Geelong team has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can d... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Our first home build and entry to home owning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

We had done our research for several month trying to choose which builder to go with, initially we had paid a deposit with Coral homes but upon more exploring we really loved Simonds Displays and were wowed when we visited the Coomera display village in QLD. Our sales rep, Matt Baldwin was fantastic and very down to earth- he even helped us with our deposit paid to Coral homes by giving us the same deposit in LED down lights for our new build. He was a sensational sales rep, very knowledgeable and accommodating! I think this all done in Jan 2017.

Then within a few weeks we were allocated to our CRC Lyn Spicer to start the gallery process- oh my we did get a few luxury upgrades and they were worth every penny! One thing we were disappointed on was that Simonds in QLD did not offer fencing nor landscaping in their build packages which we now have to do afterwards. This would have been ideal as we really wanted to include this in our home loan rather than pay for it after the build was completed.

From memory we completed the contract signing in March 2017 and then unfortunately had to wait for our land to register to build (not Simonds fault at all) rather a delay from the local city council etc. Land finally registered in August 2017 and we then started our build on the 5th of September 2017. This was when we met our first site supervisor, Shaun who commenced our build. The initial stages of the build went up very quickly, slab went down on the 21/09/17, then frames and roof were done by the 27/09/17, lockup completed with all bricks and windows completed by the 25/10/17. Then we had a walk through our build during claim fix in mid Nov 2017 where all the fixtures were being put together. This was great as we were able to take both our families through the site for a walk through!

The next and final stage however had a few hiccups and took ages to complete! Just prior to Christmas we were informed by our CRC that our site supervisor was being changed- the only explanation given was that there were too many jobs in our build location and this site supervisor was very overloaded with jobs. As first time builders this made us very anxious with not understanding why this occurred and we were still renting with an impending rental vacate period nearing too. Looking back this process did not affect our build overall too much but the change so close to the end of our build did worry us. But there was a silver lining as we got a new site supervisor, Luke Peterson who was great and flogged the build for us in the end as we were really tight in moving out of our rental and into the new house.

The last few weeks of the build were the most frustrating as we could see all the house looked completed but all the final checks needed completing (plus we were desperate to hurry up and move in!). The only downfall was gas meters not being connected when installed and the paint work- again more related to trades then Simonds. We can say that our site Supervisor did chase up all the trades and make them re-do work that was unsatisfactory and we were informed they will no longer use the painter they had as they were up to their standards for finishings. Our last site Supervisor, Luke really did go out of his way to ensure everything progress to the PCI stage asap as we had deadlines for our rental property (he probably hated me for hassling so much) but he 100% pulled it off and we are very thankful for his hard work and going the extra mile!.

Overall they were very good at keeping us informed of time frames, what was happening with our biggest investment of our lives and we got a beautiful home to raise our little bubba in! We have a 6 month check in for any work that we require post completion too!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sam! Thank you for the great and honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! We hope you family enjoy your brand new home. If you wish to, please provi... read more »

Hi Tristan our job number was Q3296- please do pass on our feedback to the team- they’ve been wonderful!!!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2017

Very happy with our first home build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

We have started our build journey through Jamie Power in the Warragul sales office and in just two meetings, I felt they were the right builder for us. Signed the contract and let the snowball roll. Jamie's advice was very invaluable for us to compromise between budget and "wants". We finally went with the Westbury and added a few extras on top.

Ebony from the Simonds Traralgon office was very responsive to our queries which gave us more confidence towards the entire project. She never misses a beat when it comes to answering all my questions. Couldn't ask for a better customer relationship coordinator.

Matt, our site supervisor, has been a very patient and no-nonsense guy to deal with. He always makes sure that things are done right and tries his best to make us happy. I can say we are very lucky as I have read through the forums about their issues with their SS. Whenever I find something wrong or have a question during the entire build, all I have to do is send Matt a text and he will respond to me even after office hours. We then hired a third party building inspector and they complement each other well on making sure our house was perfect. Any issues the inspector finds, Matt makes sure they are rectified.

Our overall experience was relatively easy and very few stresses. There was one small hiccup from the 5-month build journey which was caused by limited tradie work over the Christmas holidays but other than that, it was awesome. A colleague asked me that if I were to build again, would I do it? My answer is a big YES!

From me and my family, a big thank you to Jamie, Ebony, Matt and the Simond team for a job well done!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Harvey! Thank you for the fantastic feedback! We're pleased your journey was enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team mem... read more »

Newcastle

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Feb 2018

First time building a home without any stress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

The customer service was very good throughout the journey, making all the steps transparent. Any queries and concerns were dealt with promptly by the customer relationship coordinator. The site supervisor kept me informed of the build progress and the end result exceeded our expectations. The only slight hiccup was the delay in completing the fixing stage over the Christmas period.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Kalpit! Thank you for the great and honest feedback. We're pleased your journey was enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the t... read more »

N0890

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Violating my contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

It came to my attention that Simonds are violating my contract. This is our first home. We are very excited and happy but Simonds are ruining our feelings and hopes.
We signed the contract with Simonds laster year November. All the initial payments were cleared in December.
But,
The date they have provided us for the construction commence is 20th April. According to the contract, both parties agreed and signed says they start construction approximately 2 months after initial payments made. But, the suggested date takes more than 4months from the date we made the payments.
Our Customer Relationship Coordinator is not very helpful. She doesn't answer calls or replies email. We have to send lots of emails and voicemails to get a reply.
Very disappointing.
I have seen lots of good comments. That's why we selected Simonds. But, what I have understood so far is they are good just to follow procedures. If anything comes beyond that they fail.
I would never ever recommend Simonds to anyone and I won't go with them again.
They simply don't care us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Daman, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investig... read more »

Hi Tristan,
Thank you very much.I was contacted by Simonds. I really appreciate the way Simonds address the issue and I was given a HOPE. will see how things go from here.

Karalee

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Very happy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Workmanship has been fantastic, our independent building inspector commented it was one of the best volume built homes he has seen. The build was very well managed, our site supervisor was amazing - extremely on the ball, unflappable and has managed to build an excellent group of tradies that produce a fantastic product!! Customer service has been quite good, we had a few hickups in the contract stage and quite a large bill for electricity connection which was unexpected but other than that the process was fantastic.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ashlea! Thank you for the great feedback! We're pleased your journey was enjoyable, and that all hickups were resolved. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your p... read more »

Q3402

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Our dream come true

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We have our dream home!

The simonds staff are beyond amazing with their service. Tamara Farrugia our coordinator done all that she could making sure we were happy with our home and that we were aware of all stages coming up to construction. we were fortunate to have Tim France as our supervisor as he gave us great comfort ensuring we understood the construction stages, told us all we need to know as first time builders, he was even lovely with our neighbours.

Our family and friends could not believe the quality of our simonds dream home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Wally, thank you for the amazing feedback! And congratulations on your dream home! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team members ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Exceptional service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Instantly felt the difference talking to Simonds staff compared to other builders. As first home buyer, building process was unknown to us. Everything has been made clear and transparent from the very beginning. Signing contract to gallery appointments has been an amazing experience! Specially, the gallery has great range of products to choose from and the staff helped a lot to choose from different options with information and professional guidance.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tarikul! Thanks for your amazing feedback! We are so pleased your journey with us has been enjoyable so far. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedba... read more »

Hi Tristan,

My job no is N0977.

Cheers,

Tarikul

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: May 2015

First home with the best builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

We’ve been living in our home for 3 years, and wouldn’t change a thing about it. The whole process of it all was amazing. It all started when we stumbled across Simonds homes, who didn’t judge us because we were young. All the other builders ignored us and wouldn’t even respond when we asked them questions!

We had a wonderful consultant, Chris Boucher who did an amazing job with our house. Tyne, Tamara and Daniella were our customer officer and they were super duper awesome. For someone who didn’t know anything about building, they made it stress free. They were always on top of things and responded quickly. Charlie was our construction supervisor, his team and him did an incredible job building our home. Shannon & Rob looked after us after the 3 months maintenance and they organised things quickly and made sure they were fixed, and they were mainly little things.

We loved our house so much, we’re now building another home with them. The staffs are just as amazing as they were three years ago, and I hope they continue to look after us. We just can’t express our gratitude towards the Simonds staff, thank you again!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Teresa, thank you for the amazing feedback! We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been smooth and enjoyable, (and that you're building with us again!) If you wish to, please provi... read more »

Job number is 42109. Thank you again!

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Thank you Miranda Williams (Geelong region)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

A huge thank you to Miranda Williams from the Geelong region for all of her help and hard work in helping us find the perfect first home. She was nothing short of amazing. Her outgoing and bubbly personality made us feel so comfortable and relaxed when making important decisions. The process was so easy and stress free and we are really happy with our experience. We couldn't recommend Miranda enough. We cannot wait for our new home to be built. Exciting times ahead!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jess, thanks for your amazing feedback! We are so pleased your journey with us has been enjoyable so far. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback ... read more »

4 of 49 pages