Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Simonds FAIRVIEW Tweaked to our needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

we started the process April 2017, and all our plans ready to go by August, our block was delayed in settling till the Ocotber and with in a 2 week period of settlement work had commenced. OUr Supervisor Chris was alwasy available and kept communicaiton lines available. The staff amazing especially the Geelong receiptionist loved her so much great assett to the Company.
Only concern was the concreter - use your own
Settlement and handover completed mid February 2018
The other thing why we selected Simonds was the flexibility our Fairview had many structural changes which other builds refused to assist with to fit on our block. ie our block had a frontage of 15.99m a house my husband loved with another builder needed a block 16mt frontage they refused to budge. I am glad as Simonds did every thing to work with us.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Elliot, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: May 2018

Test your patience with Simonds

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Construction job supposed to be start from September, 2017.
Contract signed on 14.08.2017
Variation submitted on 16.08.2017
Took 5 weeks to get the quotation for variation!!!! Well that's pretty quick!!!!!
Made us to go to council three times because I wanted to extend my driveways and 3 weeks of delay as well.
Final Drawing submitted 25.10.2017
Developer failed the ACC checks.
Another couple of weeks Delay
Getting Ready to Build Stage 15.11.2017, so that's three months after signing contract.
Started Building.......
PCI Inspection done on 18.04.2018: That's the only best part I have got so far.

Final Inspection failed 3 times due to Brick Layer issue. I know it's cosmetic issue but care should have taken during doing the brick layers. But that type of work doesn't reflect your reputation.

PCI items should be fixed within 14 days. But until date today I have to inspect the house. Because of this I couldn't do the settlement till now. Also it took 4 weeks to get the Occupancy Permit after PCI Inspection.

And there is the best part of Simonds that they will handover the key and will tell you that appliances including heating & cooling will be installed after 5 days. Is these some kind of jokes!!! I have told them several times that I have to travel oversees next week but for these installation I had to postpone it.

Whats on earth making it 5 days to supply heating & cooling which is a basic requirement for a house. And Hot Water System!!!!! Most of the builder do it the same day of settlement or next.

I don't want to pin point on individual. They might be great at other projects but it didn't work well for me. I hope the finishing work would be good and nothing left over today.

Last I would say most of you might not experience the same like us. I think its just the bad luck we were in.

Good luck to everyone. I will be in touch after handover. Couple of things we have learned from building house so far:

1. Choose your own building supervisor. It's your right to choose them and reimburse money from builder for that. If you do that You might need not to book independent inspector. That will ultimately save your money.
2. Make sure waffle pod aligned properly during pre-slab stage
3. Check the all pipe locations at Pre-Slab stage
4. Check frame quality and make sure the frame doesn't go far from the Slab.
5. Must Inspect for all the five claims. Also try to visit with building Supervisor which I had never got a chance.
6. Check the brick layer orientation at lock up stage. There are some guidelines on website for that
7. Talked to your building supervisor on regular basis to reduce communication gap.
8. Always ask them about the whole procedure so that you have clear understanding what they are doing.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Well, After the handover, Still couple of PCI items are not fixed. You need to call your Site Supervisor 10 times and you are lucky if you get the response. I guess I have to deal with it as Site S... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: May 2018

home review

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with the team at Simonds Homes. I have to acknowledge Alison at the main office who fabulous. Nothing was a bother and she went above and beyond.Her outstanding customer service was with care and efficiency, making my experience completely stress free and effortless.My sales consultant Jackie BARTON went above and beyond also ,and was a pleasure to deal with. She explained all the steps and it was easy to understand.

I would like to commend and thank Simonds Homes on doing a brilliant job. I have built 3 other homes with different companies but Simonds have been outstanding. My site Manager Dylan had an excellent knowledge and and he made the build flow effortlessly. He had an eye for detail and I am absolutely stoked with my home. I would build again with Simon but only if Dylan over saw the project again.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jackie, it was an absolute pleasure to read this review! We're very happy your journey with all our team members was an enjoyable experience. If you wish to, please provide your job number an... read more »

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Results Exceeded My Expectation Thanks to Soney!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

My first home took only 5 months to build! A big shoutout to Sales Consultant Soney. I was amazed with the house design, colour choice and the spacious floor plan. This could only be achieved through his interior architectural expertise and attention to detail. He offered me the best house design through clever modifications which maximised my land dimensions and optimised value for money. Throughout the whole process, he always went above and beyond to readily answer my queries even after the design and sales admin stage. I am so grateful for his assistance and will only refer people to Soney as he genuinely looks after his customers and of course for his exceptional customer service and talent!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Queenie, thanks for the glowing feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us and the 5 month build has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we c... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: May 2019

Great journey soo far...

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

starting from the 1st day the journey is good so far...initially got lot of help from Milie Matrovic(Marsden park). She knows what she is doing, she understood all our requirements and helped us a lot with all the changes which we wanted.

Then we were introduced to Eloise Joseph as our project coordinator. She is been very helpful till now. She was very quick with all my quarries and requests which was asked at the last moment, so big thanks to her.
At Gallery appointment Louise helped a lot to select the colour for the doors and wall.

Great work guys so far...hope it remains the same till the end.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ajay, thanks for the great feedback! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team members involved. Thanks again, and don't hesitate to... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: May 2018

Great Family Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

We originally looked for a family home which suited us well.The brochures from many builders helped us decide on the right plan.On a funny note,we drove all the way to Geelong to see the display,after we decided on the plan we wanted from a brochure,and,after walking in,we discovered in was the same house our friends have,but with a different facade and flipped! We're grateful to Jamie for the great service he offered.He set the price and were amazed that it fell within our budget,without telling him. Thank you for the huge discounts and extras.He comes highly recommended by us.Ebonie was always helpful as our CRC.She answered any questions very well and kept us updated.If you choose Simonds in Gippsland,we hope she is your CRC.Our Supervisor,Justin kept job flowing smoothly and efficiently.He kept us updated,sometimes daily with photos of the build via phone.If you build with with Simonds,he will do a great job.Thank you to all involved in the project.Great Job!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Michael and Caterina, thanks for the detailed and honest review! We are very happy to hear your journey with the different team members has been enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide you... read more »

Hi Tristan, Our thankyou for your response.Our Job Number is 51345.Thankyou to all involved in our home.
Michael And Caterina

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Aug 2018

House under construction - Positive experience so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

My experience with Simonds was great from the Start, Milie has spent so much time and in producing a perfect design for our home, Alison has been great in providing, scheduling the internal and external selection appointments as well as contract reviews, Tanya was really good in helping us to select internal and external selections and now Donovan has been great in looking after the construction of our house.
I feel the whole team works with professionalism and always look forward to assist if we are in doubt.
This is our first home which we are building and Simonds have been really good so far.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tanis, thanks for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey has been a great experience from the start. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your... read more »

Hi Tristan,
I believe it is N0936 and I hope Simonds continue to deliver their best to keep customer's satisfaction.

Thanks,
Tanis

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Positive Experince Throughtout the whole process

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

My experience with Simonds was great from the Start, Russell found me the perfect design after i described what i needed in my home. Heather was always helpful and there when i asked so many questions, Heather was positive and cheerful when we spoke. Jason was helpful during the build when i bombarded him with questions. I never went without support from the team at Simonds throughout the whole building experience.
Very happy with the workmanship of the house.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Cass, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feed... read more »

Melton South

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Great experience all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

After months of researching house plans and builders we are so happy we decided to build with Simonds Homes.
Our experience was positive from very start.
Our sales consultant Suhani Saraogi was very professional and friendly. She most definitely have gone above and beyond to help in any way possible.
Team at selection gallery was amazing.
Our build coordinator Priya Dhaliwal was just as on top of things and responsive to our questions.
We have nothing but high praise for our building supervisor Paul McNamara who ensured that the house build kept moving along to its completion and looked after us superbly.
Overall we absolutely love our new home and are very happy with the quality of the build and customer service.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jazz, thank you for the great feedback. We're really glad to hear your journey with us has been a positive experience from the start. If you wish to, please provide your job number and w... read more »

Hi Tristan it’s 51087

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Eloise joseph

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

Eloise was fantastic from day 1. Unfortunately she wont be there till the end, but i am thankful for her patience and support. She was always kind and cheerful to greet us. Even when I bombarded her with email after email she always replied with efficiency. Wish her all the best of luck in the new role and look forward to seeing her in the future. Thanks again for everything.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Dragana, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your journey with Eloisa has been so enjoyable. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your pos... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Dec 2018

A smooth and easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

James Richards was very easy to deal with and I did not feel like I was being "sold to", he asked lots of questions, gave advise and went above and beyond to arrange for me to see a display of the home I eventually chose prior to Christmas shutdown. Josh Stevens has also been excellent throughout the selections and contract signing phase. This gives me the confidence that the build will also go smoothly.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Nicki, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

S1773

So Far, So Good!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

We have recently paid our deposit with Simonds! They have been fantastic to deal with so far. Everyone from Simonds that we have dealt with have been, responsive, friendly and punctual and I would recommend them to anyone that I talk to. We have recently booked our Selections appointment and cant wait for what's to come! Lets hope the building process continues to go as smoothly as the first stages!
As first home builders/owners, we were a bit cautious, but Simonds has given us the confidence boost that we needed!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ehoula, thank you for the great feedback! We are very happy to hear your first home journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your ... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Poor Response after handing over

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Further to the keys being handed over at that point in time there were 14 pending items (28th Feb 2018). As I write this review its the 14th of May, There are still 8 pending work. The list of items grows by the day. Never ever go with Simonds office at point cook. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand does. I dont know if there is really someone who care for the customers. I am a person with Asian Background. I dont know if this treatment is MET OUT to people who are different background. Is there SOMEONE who is reading this in SIMONDS. I am thinking of posting my grievance on to FACEBOOK

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Ravi, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investiga... read more »

49308. You know what Tristan, you said the same thing last time but no one contacted me.

Simonds Official

Hi Ravi, I've just spoken with our operations manager, and this time we'll make certain someone contacts you to resolve your concerns.

Sorry to hear about your frustration, but thank you for your patience,
Tristan.

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2019

good start.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

we have just signed up for the home and land package in oran park. contacting Rakesh was easy, he followed up with us about our interest in the offer. He was able to work with the engineers to change the initial plan and make suit our wish. He was always available when we wanted to contact him be it weekdays and weekend. hopefully the construction will be a breeze as well. if anyone is interested in home and land package they can contact Rakesh on 0448571017 or email on rakesh.broota@simonds.com.au.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Manoj, thank you for the honest feedback! We're happy to hear things have gone well so far. If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the Rak... read more »

Love our home and after-care service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

We are delighted with what we have been able to achieve with a modest budget. In design we were able to keep the features we loved about the Palisade with the beautiful raised ceilings, and also make many changes that we needed - some at cost widening the house to add a small study and coat/shoe area, and others at no cost such as re-arranging internal walls to make a teen bedroom bigger.
The 'standard' Simonds fittings such as taps, double sink ensuite, tiled shower base etc are excellent but of course we chose a lot of 'upgrades' - butler's pantry, extra cupboards, bamboo flooring etc. The 'pay $30K get $60K' special helped a lot. The design team were so good and it was so much fun being able to choose.
What I am most impressed with is the after-care service in the 3 weeks since we moved in. Its impossible to spot everything at inspection, but even though Simonds have our $$ in full they continue to work with us as we notice small things not completed by sub-contractors. Couldn't be happier about that.
My advice to people building is to spend a LONG time thinking about everything you want in design before sign-off. Storage is important, sun, flow through the house, location of powerpoints and lighting. Pore over the plans to think exactly about which way doors open, the height of different internal doors to each other, the size of windows, where you will put kitchen waste. Read up on things like eaves and brick infill over windows as those things cant be added later. Give yourself a few treats so that you love your house, but also check out prices elsewhere to compare (eg blinds). It might be false economy to go with cheaper install after handover for things like flooring if it holds up your move in date and you have to continue to pay double mortgage and rent. Never sign unless you are happy. And yes, you are legally allowed to take away the contract and read at home before signing despite what some builders will say. Also, keep on top of inspection reports if you have a private inspector - ask for evidence that things were followed up that were agreed to during build (eg temporary downpipes that never got fitted by our first site supervisor).
Big shout out to the following Simonds staff who especially helped our journey: [name removed] at Gallery for endless patience and wonderful design advice, [name removed] for super customer service keeping in touch with the progress updates and explaining any questions along the way, and [name removed] our end-of-build site supervisor who gave especially excellent after-handover support and follow up and expected the best from subcontractors.
I would definitely build with Simonds again, but building does require the client to take responsibility for checking things along the way. We had a private inspector and I have learned a few things if I did it again. Not sure I'll need to though, as we have a great result we are very happy with.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Valerie, thank you for the amazing feedback! We really appreciate it. We are very happy to hear your journey through the build and after-care has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please p... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Apr 2018

A dream come true in 4 months.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Initially Chris, the Sales Representative at Shannon Waters, was very helpful when selecting the design and plan of our home.
We found both workmanship and build quality of a very high standard, inside and outside.
Our build was well managed by Jason, who at all times kept us updated with photos and was helpful and professional.
We were very impressed by Jodi, who kept us informed of requirements and progress and supported us whenever necessary.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Roux! What a glowing review, thank you for your honest feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with the team has been a dream come true. If you wish to, please provide your job numbe... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Too late. No positive response on follow up.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Taking too long for construction. since last 2 months no progress in construction. Already liquidity damage period started. Customer case officer ([name removed]) not coming on phone when I call. Everytime I have been told that [name removed] is on annual leave by receptionist. No one is responsible in office staff or construction site staff.

Don't construct your dream home by Simonds homes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Paresh, thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investi... read more »

N0888

Simonds Official

I've forwarded your request straight to our operations manager. Please don't hesitate to get in contact again if your issues persist.

Best wishes,
Tristan.

Shepparton

Private message

The express build, great product, fast delivery, fine workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

The Express build is a great product for astute investors.
Timely build, support all the way through the process, hicupps during the process was proactively managed.
Very happy with the service of the supervisor and assigned customer service co-ordinator.
The time from contract signing to starting worksite was very prompt. The team maintained a tight control over the timeline. Courteous supervisor and building staff.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Sidd, thank you for the great feedback on our express range! We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can dire... read more »

Hi Tristan, our job # was 53203. Regards, Sidd

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Our house build

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

We are so happy that we chose Simonds to build our home. The workmanship is top notch.
Thankyou very much to all the staff we have dealt with, all of who have been so helpful and obliging.
Extra special thankyou to Darren & Rebecca. They have been amazing, so helpful and always available and a big big thank you for their assistance and guidance throughout our amazing journey.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Gerard, thanks for the great feedback and recommendation! We are very happy to hear your journey with Darren & Rebecca has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and ... read more »

Thanks Tristan our job number is 53857
Regards Gerard & Wendy.

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2019

Can't Wait To Start!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

My experience with Simonds so far has been exceptional. I have been given excellent customer service since day one of expressing my interest in finding a block of land to build.
I commend my new home sales consultant Brent Jacobson for being professional, constantly helpful and informative throughout the process so far. Brent has gone above and beyond to achieve the best outcomes for me and I appreciate his patience in explaining everything thoroughly and putting my mind at ease.
I couldn't be happier with the service thus far and look forward to continuing to work with Simonds.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Nikita, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fe... read more »

:) Thankyou