Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Excellent customer service and support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Good communication was the key element which assured us that we were doing business with a reliable builder. Duke Brown, the sales consultant, from Simonds Home, Harvest display, Chisholm , was always ready to listen to what we had to say and find a solution. It was with his initiative and willingness to go an extra mile to assist us helped us expedite our gallery appointment. Next, Maria Hassan, customer relationship coordinator was very efficient and helpful organizing every detail through the Pre - construction phase.We are very satisfied with her service. During our gallery appointment the consultants from each department provided practical guidance in making our decisions easy. They were very professional and helpful. And very soon we were delighted to hear from the site supervisor Dylan the excavation of the building platform had commenced. Our thank you to all those who made it possible to arrive at this stage. Now, we look forward to a wonderful journey.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jiwan, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedba... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Apr 2018

No Better Builder for a First Home Buyer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

It's been just over a month since I moved into my newly built house, and I still can't believe how great the build is, but more so how wonderful the experience was from start to finish with Simonds and their fantastic customer service! Simonds went over and above my expectations and I truly recommend them for any first home buyer!

As a first home buyer, building a house is especially scary. After calling around to several building companies Simonds was the only one to give me their time of day and answer all my newbie questions - and trust me there were many. They made a lot of time to personally sit down with me and talk me through everything which was absolutely appreciated.

Simonds was flexible in the design of the house using a mix of their Fusion Options to upgrade certain areas, such as the kitchen and ensuite, and more again to adjust other areas of the house to my personal preferences.
The Gallery process was very smooth and they made it easy to make decisions that I would be happy to live with. There was a range of options from their standard inclusions to choose from, however going for something a little nicer can leave a small dent in your budget. Their customer service during this overwhelming process was very professional and geared toward providing me with as much help and information as possible to make my decisions all on the one day. I'll also say here that they were more than happy to make small changes to the gallery selections later on, but be careful not to go overboard.

The land took longer to register than estimated, but as soon as it did Simonds was hasty to get the build started with no further delays. They gave me all the details of what was going on as the build progressed, but I did find my Site Supervisor was hard to get a hold of at times. They also have a type of progress tracker on their MySimonds website which was very useful for seeing where the build stages were up to and a place I could look at my documentation when needed.

At the end of the build my Site Supervisor, my builder mate and myself did the Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) together and although we found some painting issues, and I tell you I was very very pedantic where majority of them would not be classed as an issue according to the building standard, there was no structural issues. At the final inspection we saw that 95% of the paint issues fixed which I did not expect any to be done at all.

This has been a wonderful journey for me. The process was great, the people went above and beyond and the product is simply fantastic. Thanks Simonds for doing such a wonderful job! Big shout out to Brittany, Katherine and Jessica who helped me through everything! :)

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Carl,

If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback to the team members involved.

Best wishes,
Amanda

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Mar 2019

From a bumpy start, to a love of Simonds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

My land took a very long time to register, so the actual process to build my home was quite long & stressful. The build has only just started now (nearly 2 years later). In the beginning, I admit the initial road was bumpy, but once my CRC changed to Regan Dallis, it has been an absolute joy working with her to get my house to the building stage as fast as they could. She has gone above and beyond my expectations. I am ecstatic to say I was the first house, in my stage, to go to site. They helped pushed my build at super speed. I cannot praise them enough for all their assistance in making my dream a reality. Thank you to Jenny Lawford (Permits Officer) for all her help as well. These two ladies have turned my journey around to make it a smooth and wonderful experience. I have just met my site supervisor, Peter Atkins, and he has been lovely to deal with and is communicating the progress of my build as we go. They have all come together for me and I can truly say I am 100% happy with how we are progressing. I am confidently looking forward to moving into my dream Simonds home very soon.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Simona, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedb... read more »

Hi Amanda, thankyou for your reply. My Job number is N0864. I also wanted to say a big thankyou to Rod, he was the person to make it all turnaround when things became bumpy. He is truly awesome & l... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Customer Service is awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Tiahn is really responsive in her role as Customer Relation Coordinator.
She has been helping me doing all the paperwork and always has the answer to my question and gives solution in any circumstances.
I recommend Tiahn Deller as future Customer Relation Manager for Simonds.
Helen Newman also helping me so much in making the site drawings and details of the house i am building, she is also teaches me a lot what to do as first home buyer. Thank you Simonds!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi A. Sitorus, Thank you for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive f... read more »

52073

BLAKEVIEW

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: May 2018

Finally a Builder we can Trust!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

As with any builder and any construction it is impossible for every single thing to go smoothly, so my wife and I had a few issues along the way which admittedly put doubt and concern in our minds. However having been through a build previously with another builder which was an absolutely awful experience we have learned that documented, prompt and fair communication is paramount! This will leave full accountability with the builder having been given fair opportunity to respond and resolve an issue.

Simonds SA's Site Supervisor Steve was an excellent communicator as was Kelly at SA Head Office, between the two of them they were on top of every single issue we came up with and we were soon feeling cautiously comfortable. Throughout the build nothing seemed to be too much trouble for any of the team and they went out of their way to make us happy.

After the build was complete and we moved in we were provided with a very professional handover with all the info we could possibly need to feel in control and comfortable. Not to mention a beautiful gift pack as a house warming gift! We were however faced with some fairly serious and urgent issues once in the house and based on our previous experience we immediately feared the worst!

So far we have had around five issues that we would consider fairly concerning and requiring immediate attention. I made contact with Kelly and Steve via phone and email, to my utter surprise I received responses from both the very same day, trades people were there within the same week and the issues resolved! As I said earlier, no build goes perfectly and no builder is perfect, however a truly good builder will show themselves to be so in your hour of need when you reach out to them! This was our experience with Simonds SA and we thank them sincerely and congratulate them on putting together a fantastic team with a client satisfaction focus and an incredibly thorough and professional customer service system.

Well done Simonds!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Frank, Thank you for the great feedback and for taking the time to share your experience. We're very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your ... read more »

Hi there yes it’s S1672,

Kellyville

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Symonds is the Builder simply who I wanted for turn-key projects

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I would certainly suggest Simonds for good quality and affordable homes. My experience with Symonds and my Customer Relationship Coordinator Tiahn was excellent in every step of the way. I have never believed building a house would be so easy until I have taken journey with Symonds and Tiahn. She was always organised with the things need to be done and follow ups needed along the way.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Pran,

Best wishes,
Simonds

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Quality Home for an Affordable Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

I recommend Simonds Homes to all of my friends and family based on the great experience I had when dealing with the Point Cook team. From the start of my journey it was smooth and easy, and having their support and guidance through the journey made it worthwhile. The highlight of my build was the quick turnaround time in commencing construction and also my building supervisor who was happy to answer all of my questions and ensured the quality was as best it could be. The customer service was amazing and I am happy I chose Simonds over the other builders. Thank you Simonds for helping my dream become a reality!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Mat, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback ... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Tiahn was my Customer Service Rep was she has been great. Always kept in touch with me with all the updates on everything regarding when the land was being released and when my build was starting.
It has now starting which I can't wait to get in to get into and start my brand new life, in my brand new house!

July 9th 2018 Update: Soney was great - Harpley Display Centre

Soney was a great help to me, he spent a lot of time getting the layout and design of my home just right for how I wanted it and using his own experience's he had suggested a few great idea's for the home as well.
Soney at the Harley display centre was a pleasure to work with in designing my dream home, now just the wait to more in.... not long now.......

July 28th 2018 Update: Thank you Soney!!

I would just like give Soney a BIG thank you for all his help and support during my design process of my brand new home. With all Soney's knowledge and expertise in design, it made it a lot easier to make decisions. Soney is very friendly and makes you feel at ease. He always had time to answer any of my questions, and always made me felt welcome and never rushed me off, like some. All in all my experience has been terrific!
I would just like to thank Soney once again for everything he did.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Judy, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Extremely happy so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

We are at the beginning of our building journey with Simonds and so far we can not fault it. The customer service at the quoting stage by Jo was fantastic and we have moved through to the next stage where Melitta has been amazing. We are so excited to do our gallery appointment and pick all our colours, just wish our land would title so we can begin the build.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Happy in Hadley, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positi... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

We started our journey with Simonds in March 2017 and unfortunately we had to put our build on hold, Simonds were wonderful and helped us out, We have now started our build and we are very excited to see the finished product, Breanna our CRC has been very accommodating with endless emails from myself and has been lovely to work with at this stage of our build. We went thru several house designs and can honestly say that the design we have decided on we really love and cant wait to see it come to life. We highly recommend Simonds and their team to build your dream home!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Phil and Lisa, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Looking forward to my first home!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Tiahn is incredibly helpful and keeps in touch on a regular basis to keep me updated. I love the Simonds home designs . I am looking forward to move in to my new home. I was hoping I will get my home sooner but we are still waiting for the land title. Simonds Homes dealing is very transparent. Good Job!

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shruti, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! Thanks again and congratulations on your new home! Best wishes, Simonds

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Safe Hands Beau Gentles

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

We buiid with Simonds without reading review or talking to people who owns the house build by simonds. we build because they are true legit builders and ofcourse we found the house we really wanted to build and plus they had option to infuse few feature or things we wanted to have in or out the house with no hesitation or without any extra cost. From the start everything was smooth and exciting. after signing the contract ,'Beau Gentles' was signed to look after the construction[,job no 55655] thank God he is a Real Professional. this guy is genius and he takes his job with pride and enjoys it so much. since the day they put the fence he is in touch with us every time letting us know what is happening with our building project. Simonds builders should be proud of this bloke who is real superstar of this industry who works 7 days a week and even on public holidays calling us saying ,'don't you worry mate i'm looking after your dream house and its going really really well. every time we wanted to visit the site Beau takes us showing everything and giving us detail information about work, which is just absolutely crucial.
The quality of the build of our house is Extraordinary , every stages were done with extra care and with full supervision, there was no dramas or delays that stopped the construction.
Honestly saying there is no communication with our CRC since the day that the concrete slab was layed till now, Every time we tried to contact ,never reached or is away from desk!!! company might need to consider about this issue with full attention.
All the Support we are getting is from our building Surveyor Beau, other than that we never have to worry to talk to anyone from builders. Massive Praise to our Surveyor. Well Done Mate !!!!! The Industry and People Like us need Professional Like You and Of course Simonds Thrives on this kind of Genuine person who is a real Pro.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Rossou, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! Thanks for providing your job number, we will direct your positive feedback to the te... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: South Australia Construction End Date: Oct 2018

So far, so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Because of delays with the settlement of our land, our build hasn't started just yet but the experience we have has with Simmonds so far has been excellent. The initial consultations with James were helpful and informative. He had a lot of good suggestions and was very patient - even when we changed our mind about which house we wanted to look at.
From then the girls from the Adelaide office have been in constant contact with us guiding us through the rest of the process from contracts to settlement etc.
As first time builders we have really appreciated the way that we have been treated throughout this process and we are very much looking forward to the build and getting into our home.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Jake and arah, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive... read more »

Victoria

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2017

If You Want To Throw Your Money Away Build With Simonds - I Regret Spending Our Hard Earned Money Wi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

From when we went to gallery i had a bad feeling, as everything there they virtually rushed through and the person doing electrical, insulation, heating/cooling wasn't in so we weren't even shown anything from those area's and when we voiced our concerns we were reassured everything would be fine. Site supervisor wasn't great we had to report issues we found while they were constructing that he either ignored or didn't see which i find hard to believe especially when vanity was lifting off wall and roof plumbing was leaking leaving huge puddles just to name a few things. A while after moving in we noticed a slow water leak into our kitchen island from under the sink which caused shelves to swell. This was reported in the 3mth maintenance schedule. We have been in our home for 12mths and shelves still not fixed, and still things reported on 3mth inspection remain unfixed. Over 6 appointments made where I had to take time off work and nobody turns up. Gas leak into our cupboard in which nobody took responsibility for and we were lumped with paying the huge bill. Carpet lifted in corners, roughly painted and so on. The open pantry shelves aren't built or designed properly. We are a household of 2 so our pantry isn't brimming with food but yet every shelf is bowing and lifting off the wall panels and this is because no support has been placed in the centre and the front of each shelf and Simonds refuse to fix the issue. They offered to fix it as it is but not add in supports which is ridiculous as it will keep on happening. Even tried raising my issues with the regions maintenance manager only for him to totally ignore my emails and phone calls and not respond to anything.

They all bend over backwards to secure the sales but during the build they lose interest and then once your house is built they try and wipe you, they have their money so they don't really care for you as a customer. The maintenance is appalling.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Tracey, Thank you for getting in touch. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not an acceptable level of service. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigate... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: New South Wales Construction End Date: Jul 2018

our dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

From day1 with Mili and then to customer consultant Marcus Williams and onto peter..site supervisor...all the way it was a wonderful journey of advice initiative and sincere efforts which have been really a stressfree transition towards completion of our dream home. in every step, we have been in touch with initiative and positive approach. well done ..thank you guys.we have no hesitation to recommend anyone for a cost-effective and quality home built with expertise ...and that is Simonds Homes.

July 24th 2018 Update: Dream come true

Finally moved into our Dream home. Everything was so smooth. especially our supervisor Pete was so helpful..unbelievable. We always had him besides us at every stage.No doubt Simond/ Pete has built a quality Home for us exactly the way we wanted. Marcus our customer service coordinator also looked after us all the way through.
Well done Simond. And now our enjoyment continuous...

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Shamim, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedba... read more »

Verified Customer Build Location: Regional Victoria Construction End Date: Jun 2018

went smoothly. very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

workmanship was pretty good & so was the quality. not excellent, as things were not completed or fixed before we moved in. example, marks on walls, cracks in grout, paint marks, dints ect. red stickers after walk through weren't fixed.
the build of the house was excellently well managed.
we received very good customer service from the simmonds team & the supervisor Bill.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Richard, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedb... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer Build Location: Queensland Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Couldn't have asked for a better 1st home building experience. Simonds you are awesome.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

As a first home builder I was so nervous and anxious with the overall process, fortunately I happen to meet Michael Downs , the sales consultant at coomera estate. The guy who made simonds a reality. I was very much impressed by his knowledge and his guidance through out my initial stages. He has gone beyond my expectations to help me out in all possible ways. It was an absolute pleasure to be dealing with such an amazing professional who has so much patience and friendliness in him which made the entire initial stages so easy.

I have been so fortunate to have Maria Lozano as my customer relationship coordinator. She has been very helpful in guiding me through the next stage of my build and explaining me every single detail which I need to know. The communication between us is so smooth that if she misses my call she calls me back straight away and replies to my email as soon as she can . She makes sure everything gets done as soon as possible and follows up on things which needs attention, more importantly she keep in touch with me throughout the journey which reassures everything is going on right track. And now the construction is about to begin in couple of weeks and I'm all so excited to see, touch and feel the finished product of my "home". Cant wait to share rest of my experience once the construction is finished, which I will surely come back and let all you guys know.

Over all my experience with simonds so far is amazing and couldnt have trusted anyone other than these wonderful guys who looks after me so well. Once again a big thank you to Michael Downs, Maria lozano and i must mention the girls at the gallery Rita, Kelly and jazmin. They were so helpful while choosing the interiors, colors, electricals and tiling . From my experience I recommend simonds 100%. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Bharath

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Bharath, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedb... read more »

Hi there . My job number is Q3721.. cheers ..

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Job 50541.Fantastic experience. 10/10. Would recommend to everyone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

This was our first home and everything was new for us. Our excitement over the construction of our new home is matched by the efforts of our building supervisor Beau and customer relationship coordinator Priya. Construction was pretty fast. Great, highly responsive and friendly team. Glad to have worked closely with Beau and Priya. We are ahead of contracted completion time. Beau and Priya both of them were constantly keeping me up to date. Beau was going out of his way to ensure any issues i had were resolved so i could move in as soon as possible. Thank you very much Beau for building our first house and helping us with everything and also special thanks to Priya for top customer service. You guys have returned my every single call whenever i had any issues. It was a great experience. The finished product was beyond my expectations and i appreciate all the hard work of those involved. I must congratulate Beau for doing such an amazing job.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Bakh, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback... read more »

Job number 50541.

Tarneit

Private message

Verified Customer Build Location: Metropolitan Victoria Construction End Date: Aug 2018

New House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

So far the workmanship is fantastic, we had the very best of customer support from Tihan, especially when I asked her if we can have plumbing for the fridge in the middle of the build and approved contract, including our building supervisor Beau who got us a powerpoint that too in the middle of the build, which I thought was not possible. We would really like to thank the whole team.

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Janardhan, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive fee... read more »

Hi,
My job number is : 51701.

Thank you.
Janardhan

Great Service Dream Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Building with Simonds has been a dream & stress free build. From the sales staff Brad & Jess for making the start process very easy. I would like to thank the CRC team Cara, Skie & Julie from the Wonthaggi office for all there admin support. What can I say about our site supervisor Mick, we couldn't of asked for better. Mick kept us up to date throughout the build. His attention to detail & building knowledge plus his willingness to meet us on site at a time that suited us, making building with Simonds home's a dream. Looking forward to building another Simonds home in the near future.
Franciess

Comments
Simonds Official

Hi Fran, thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy to hear your journey with us has been enjoyable! If you wish to, please provide your job number and we can direct your positive feedback... read more »

5 of 59 pages