SYDNEY

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Reliable, quiet, quick drying and good price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Bought this new Simpson Clothes Dryer six months ago on special at $295.00. It has a capacity of 4 Kg. Very easy to mount on the wall. It has been very reliable with no fault so far. It has a front lint filter which is very handy to remove for cleaning. The internal drum tumbles clockwise and counter clockwise evenly through that helps the clothes from bunching and tangling together when dried. The rotary dial control with timer is very easy to operate. It also has an auto cool down feature which reduces creases in your clothes. Would recommend to anyone buying a new clothes dryer.

Model: SDV601 Date Purchased: May 2018

A good product for the $ you spend

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Purchased the 601 a few months ago and I have been happy with it so far. Our need was for washing and drying baby/children's clothes on muggy, rainy, non-sunny days.

Pros:
+ It handles the clothes with care
+ Easy to wall mount/inverted
+ not as loud as other vented dryers I've seen (when in operation)
+ Value for money/good price

Cons:
- Needs a venting kit or lots of ventilation (as with any vented dryer). Else it will soak up the walls and even leave puddles on the floor
- Dryer sheets are ineffective. Spits out the dryer sheets to the lint collector
- Even manageable / right loads take a long time to dry (the 150 minute cycle seems less)
- Does consume a fair bit of power (as compared to not having one. not when compared to other vented dryers)

On the whole a good purchase - value for money for anyone who needs to wash loads often.

• 3 answers

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Bigger than I thought

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I dry everything, from my work clothes to sheets. I originally bought the dryer as I only had a couple of uniforms and when I have a night shift I needed to sleep not spend time doing laundry. But we discovered that it gets all the dog and cat fur off everything. For any delicates I use the cooler function setting so that it doesn't get damaged. I love how the dryer stops and turns the other way, sheets no longer get balled up and dry quicker saving money.

Model: SDV501 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Can try it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

If you are looking for dry dryers, you can try them. It's perfect for our needs. The drying machine has the basic control device, the use is convenient. Mainly in rainy days with my dryer. It has a very small voice and dries quickly. You can set the time you want it to run so that it can be manipulated on one side.

• 3 helpful votes

Model: SDV501 Date Purchased: Jul 2010

Great dryer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I've found this dryer to be really reliable especially at it's price point. It's not ideal for really gentle requirements but for a family of 4 with loads of clothes to dry it does an excellent job. Does create a lot of moisture in the air though which is the only downfall. It's now 8 years old and going strong.

Sydney

• 1 question

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Pretty good so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Pretty good so far as I’ve had it for a month. It is 4kg and slightly longer to dry clothes compared to a smaller clothes dryer I’m use to. Although, these vented dryers are cheap, great for apartments and not too noisy. Very easy to get flint out which is in the machine unlike previous dryer which was on the outside. Dryer goes both ways which is fantastic so clothes will dryer well. Usually use higher temp and 90mins for a load of washing towels.

Model: SDV601 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Simple machine and thus hopefully reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

This is a basic machine, works well and takes us 90 minutes to fully dry an average load. Being simple is advantageous, as another reviewer puts it, it's just a drum, motor and heater element. No microcomputer board to fail and leave the machine useless and face uneconomical repairs.

We only owned it for 2 months thus far, however it's seen almost daily use (usually several loads) and hasn't skipped a beat. I do not see this machine letting us down until the motor burns out which will hopefully be a long way off.

The noise it makes is acceptable and its construction appears of a decent quality. Made in Thailand.

Purchased at: RetraVision

• 1 answer

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Quiet and quick drying.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I mainly It is so much use my dryer on rainy days. I also like to finish off my towels too leave them soft and fluffy. This dryer has easy to undrstand controls. The settings give you numerous options. I have dried heavy jeans to really delicate garments and it has done a marvelous job. It is so much quieter than my previous one.

Cranbourne

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: May 2014

Reliable family dryer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

We have had this for many years and it has never failed us! Its only the 4KG version but its all we need. I try to air dry at least a little bit, even in winter and this gets used to finish off. Always arts up and gets nice and warm and its never needed a service after four years. Good reliable unit

Purchased at: RetraVision

Parramatta, NSW

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Quite, easy to use and mounting it on the wall was a breeze. Clothes dry within a reasonable time, lint filter is easy to clean. Great price, no complaints at all. This is actually the 3rd Simpson dryer I have owed over the last 12 years, all 3 dryers have never let me down

Maroochydore

• 6 helpful votes

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Good dryer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

First dryer we’ve ever owned, but it does the job. Dries the clothes in a reasonable amount of time. Quite light so easy to mount on the wall. Lint filter is easy to clean. Reasonably quite with the door closed. Good price, no complaints. Give it a try if you are looking for a new dryer.

Purchased at: Joyce Mayne

Perth

• 10 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Does its job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Im not a fan of drying clothes with an electric dryer, its an expensive way to do it.

So I use them when absolutely needed and try to hang clothes out first to take out as much moisture from them.
The machine does its job and considering it has only been used infrequently , I guess mine does not suffer as much stress each year.

Had it since 2015 , no problems developed but it had one issue. I inverted the unit to hang it up on a wall and this put the door out of sync a bit. Gravity made the hinges lower the door a bit so it needed to to be lifted up to merge with the door lock mechanism. This is a fault with the door bushing in my opinion, In the oriignal mounting or floor standing not an issue , only when turned upside down.

It has not made an issue with operation but seems to me they could have designed or tested it out better.
This is an appliance that gets used as least as possible , so from my opinion while I rate it well for what it does , it does not suffer the loading of other appliances

In fairness to the review and using it, the machine has worked ok for the time it has been used.

Gold coast

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

WE have had our Simpson clothes dryer for a couple of years. It is ideal for what we need. We had our daughter and her family staying with us and it was able to dry all the clothes and towels for 5 people. It is very economical too as it takes a shorter time than our old one. Love it. 10/10

Wa

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Mar 2010

Easy to operate, good value, dries clothes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Had thie dryer for about 8 years. Cost about $300.
Actually dried things -full load of clothes within 1hr, towels/sheets 90min, baby clothes 45min. Used for multiple loads per week for its whole life.
Finally died this week. Bought one exactly the same.
Have used sensor dryers while on holidays and waited 6h plud for things to dry.

Preston

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Very effective dryer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

My dad got us this and its brilliant. Perhaps the best thing about it is that its reverses as it tumbles - it means that towels do not end up wrapped in a hot ball after two hours! Its actually pretty quick as far as dryers go. It's a little smaller size so this may have something to do with it (less space to heat) controls are very simple and Simpsons are a reliable brand so i am very happy!

• 3 answers

Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: Apr 2014

Best dryer I have ever owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

Dries the cloths in a shorter time than any other drier I have used. Doesn’t seem to cause as much condensation as others and I like the dial control. Simple to use and effective. I use it to dry a lot of large towels daily and it never skips a beat. Strongly recommend

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: SDV601 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Big Dryer at a great price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

The Dryer is the large size model. When buying a dryer you need to forget all the fancy electronics and go basic otherwise you will be forever replacing circuit boards. This dryer has all you really need, it drys your clothes with no fuss or fanciness. The dryer is quiet and has a reverse spin function to stop creases and tangles. the dryer has basic controls and is easy to use.

Model: SDV601 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great 'classic; dryer - works well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

This is our second Simpson dyer. I bought the last one in the late 90s and it has worked continuously until now. The only trouble we ever experienced was the belt slipping off after it was in storage. Great reliability! We have just bought pretty much the exact same one but in 6kg size . They are robust and simple. If this does 20 years of work too, I will be well and truly happy

O'Connor

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: SDV401 Date Purchased: May 2018

Excellent Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

This Simpson dryer was great value for money. It's quieter than my old dryer and it dries a lot faster than my old dryer. It is very easy to use and you just set how long you want it to run for so you can partially dry your towels then air dry them to finish off.

Glen Waverley

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: SDV501 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

A sad choice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

The dryer does not dry the clothes and I would have to run it again. As compared to my previous make & model, this is utterly disappointing.
The lint and hot air from the clothes comes out from the front instead of providing a hose to remove the hot air from the rear of the machine. No hose was provided for the exhaust from the front.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman