Best speed dating company

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Having been to other speed dating events through other companies, this one was the most professionally run with a great friendly host! Classy venue.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thanks so much Jules! What a fantastic review thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Great night out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

Great people, awesome host - fun, friendly, down to earth people. I’d definitely recommend it to everyone as it was really good.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thanks so much, Kelly! What a great night it was and it's thanks to people like you being so warm and welcoming!

• 1 comment

Best party ever!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Attended the singles party and had the time of my life! With all the men at my disposal! Definitely better than online.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are such a legend Louise! Thank you so much for writing this up for us! =D

It was a great night, thank you!!

Verified Customer

Perfect day out on a tour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

This was such an amazing day out in this tour. The tour guide Tommy was entertaining and accommodated everyone. The breweries were well chosen. Would I go again? Yes for sure!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You legend Ella! It was indeed an amazing day thanks so much for this review!

Verified Customer

Second time and still love their beer cider tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I went to the beer and cider tour back in july and decided to go again today as a last minute decision. Tommy was very helpful and let me in spare of thr moment. What a great day for it with a 30 degrees day. Recommend

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Always good to have you with us Steve! You bring such a positive vibe with you every time!

Cannot recommend enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Attended 5 months ago and have convinced my friends to attend as it was an absolute blast. This company is extremely professional and I can say from personal experience, that this platform works

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Therese, you are such a champion! I really appreciate you recommending Dee to one of our events! I wish you and your new man the very best for the future! Such wonderful news!

Fantastic night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Just attended an event and I was completely amazed at how fabulous the whole thing was! The host Tommy was very welcoming and the speed daters were all so lovely to chat with. Receommded to all

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You legend Dee! Thank you so much for taking the time to write up the review! So glad you had such a fun time at the event.

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Boring, long walk in heels and events cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

The bar hopping was “walk between each on foot” which is not practical when women wore heels. Another event was cancelled with 30min notice and money not refunded for me or my friend. Staff and management were agreessive in their emails to me, there are so many better singles events to attend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Hello everyone! One of our competitors have created several Google profiles, targeted us and our partner venues such as The Social Bar, Campari House, Ladida, The Bay Hotel, and Vince & Me and h... read more »

Please don’t disregard my own honest opinion, I am certainly entitled to it. Your terms and conditions use bully tactics which is also what I experienced from you. A negative review is something yo... read more »

Singles Events Melbourne Official

The only reason you are trying to drag us down, is because you place us so high. And that's the biggest compliment our competitors could give us. We don't care about trying to convince the public t... read more »

Great way & great day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

My first singles event was a Beer & Cider tour. I chose it for both the chance to visit the Yarra Valley and to meet fellow singles in a less pressured environment. The tour, Tommy and the the day delivered. Gorgeous weather, good energy, and good cider.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Kay this review is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us!

Speed Dating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

First time speed dating and had a fun night meeting new people and having a laugh. Would recommend highly and would go again

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are such an amazing gal Amanda thank you so much for this review!!

Top notch event

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

This is a shout out to Tommy and the team at Singles Events Melbourne. Tommy made my friend and I feel at ease from the start with his warm welcome, cheeky humour and getting everyone to mingle before the event even started. The thought of 7 minutes conversation with over 13 men required a sneaky Pinot Grigio and little else as it was a pretty relaxed night with good conversation. The night finished early for some and others kicked on in the bar for one or two more vinos. What i loved at the end was how Tommy and the waitstaff made sure there was someone to walk all the ladies to their car, train or in my case the bar next door. Tommy checked in with us more than once to make sure we were safe to get home. That was what i didnt expect and why i am writing this message, because that was above and beyond and it didn't go unnoticed. Will i use these guys again?, well i guess that depends on how my match goes!!!!!!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Melanie thank you so much for this amazing review!!!!! Wow, you really are attentive! Member experience and safety is paramount at our events we're so glad you had a fantastic time with us! Wishing... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

RACISM & DISCRIMINATION AT ITS PEAK!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I went to participate in the speed dating event that was being hosted by [Name Removed] at the World Vegan event in Melbourne, in the hope to find some romance. However, instead of being treated with respect and dignity and being registered like all the other women present, I was repeatedly ignored. I was standing first in the cue so that the person in charge, [Name Removed], could register me but strangely he kept walking past me (completely ignoring me) and selecting women who were behind me in the cue, asking them to participate. At first I thought it was just odd, but once my mum's partner pointed out to my that this person was ignoring me and being extremely rude, I decided to confront him, so I asked him why he wasn't asking me to register. The first thing he asked me, in an extremely rude manner, was "how old are you?" in a very confronting way. I said " what do you mean how old I am? you didn't ask any of the other women that question" and I told him he was downright rude and arrogant. I was extremely upset that somebody would treat me like that just because I am slightly overweight. All the other women he had in there or was busy trying to sign up were slim.

I went away. I stood with my mum and sister and took a photo of the banner of the event, since at this point I had decided to report this person and his highly discriminatory attitude towards me.
He came towards me in a bid to grab my phone away and I warned him not to touch my phone.
I had a heated argument with him and I told him off for his nasty attitude and behavior.

I went out of the hall (where the speed dating event was taking place) with my mum and her partner and I suddenly saw this gentleman with a security guard. He asked the security guard to kick me out of the event as he made false allegations that he wasn't feeling safe around me.

My mum's partner and I both explained to this guard that [Name Removed] was a totally insensitive and ignorant person who was discriminating me based on my weight. The security guard did not ask me to leave and showed no interest in [Name Removed] false and made up accusations.

I stuck around for a while, but I was deeply hurt, and left soon after. This person ruined my day.

He made me feel horrible, ugly and unwanted. I would like to see [Name Removed] take complete accountability and responsibility for his behavior. I think [Name Removed] should be accountable for the emotional distress and discrimination he put me through. I would strongly advice any big women to stay away from any of his dating services as he has no manners or empathy. He clearly does not know how to treat people with respect, regardless of their size. He is not only shallow, but also rude. Please don't go to his speed dating events if you are overweight or obese, as he will surely make you feel unwanted.

I expect he might respond to this review, trying to tell a different story... but he is not the one who was discriminated today. This man has NO ethics nor values, and I believe it is not only my right, but also my duty to report it.

Also, [Name Removed] you are certainly not a peaceful or a loving person, you just enjoy acting it. It wont be incorrect to say that you are also very racist. Keep answering and making excuses but you have certainly turned me off speed dating forever. Thanks for being the jerk you were. Keep it up, it truly suits you and your personality.

Also, I am proud that I had the courage to confront you and call you out on your pathetic attitude because it is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Hello Aneesha. I can see why you were so angry now. There is no excuse for such anger but at least I can see why. You have completely misunderstood that entire moment and because of that misunderst... read more »

Thanks for the invite but NO THANKYOU!! Its not OK to discriminate and be racist and then offer me a free invite. I do respect myself and certainly have no intention of socialising or meeting peopl... read more »

Singles Events Melbourne Official

It was you who mistreated me Aneesha when you abused me in front of 40 other people which is why you were escorted out. Aneesha did you not notice my staff member was Indian? He was the one taking ... read more »

Have to try it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

First time attending reallt enjoyed it. After being stood up from a girl from online dating, speed dating it the way forward

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You legend Frank! Thank you so much for your review! Online dating is indeed awful and we're so glad you favour speed dating instead.

What a blast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Many thanks Tommy for a great day. Lots of laughter and drinking with great people
Will definitely be doing it again

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You're such a legend Andrew! It was awesome to meet you, my friend, we hope to see you at speed dating soon!

A GREAT DAY OUT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I had no expectations. An amazing day, from laughter to great company. Would I do it again? Definitely. Thanks Tommy.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thank you so much Maryanne!! You are such a legend and we would absolutely love to see you again!

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Great beer and cider day out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Good day very punctual for start
Bit awkward at start but picked up very quickly
Good tours lovely lunch but awesome day overall

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are simply awesome James! It was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for this review, hope to see you again!

Amazing day out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Awesome beer and cider tour. Very nice and professionaly ran event. Met some great peeps. Recommended to all singletons. Fantastic!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Melissa, you are amazing! Thank you so much for this review! It was so lovely to meet you!

First timer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Great time and went on my own. Nervous at the start but it was really good to meet single people in the same situation as me

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

David you legend! Thank you so much for this review. It sure is daunting at first but once you get there, you'll think "what was I worried about!" Glad you had a great time with us.

Beer And Cider!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Had the best day today, went on a Beer and Cider Tour and had a blast. Tommy was very professional and an excellent host. The breweries we visited were great. Made some new friends and highly recommend.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are an absolute legend Leanne! Thank you so much for this amazing review!

Awesome day out!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Attended with 3 friends, good fun and met great people! Well organised, great venues, and very enjoyable! The day went really quick! Such a good vibe. Made a few good friends and would definitely go again.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are such a legend! Thank you so much for this review!

1 of 8 pages