Horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

As a first time speed dater I booked my ticket a month in advance and found that I was unable to attend on the day due to illness. 48 hours later I received a response advising absolutely no refunds and no offer to transfer my ticket to an upcoming event. I was advised that they tried to sell my ticket for me (?) and that they were the ones left at a disadvantage as we “were short on the night without you.” I was then told that asking for a refund is “not fair at all”.

If they can’t meet their 24 hour promise to respond to emails and can’t offer basic customer service then I’ve got no interest in attending their events.

Great way & great day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

My first singles event was a Beer & Cider tour. I chose it for both the chance to visit the Yarra Valley and to meet fellow singles in a less pressured environment. The tour, Tommy and the the day delivered. Gorgeous weather, good energy, and good cider.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Kay this review is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us!

Speed Dating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

First time speed dating and had a fun night meeting new people and having a laugh. Would recommend highly and would go again

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are such an amazing gal Amanda thank you so much for this review!!

Top notch event

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

This is a shout out to Tommy and the team at Singles Events Melbourne. Tommy made my friend and I feel at ease from the start with his warm welcome, cheeky humour and getting everyone to mingle before the event even started. The thought of 7 minutes conversation with over 13 men required a sneaky Pinot Grigio and little else as it was a pretty relaxed night with good conversation. The night finished early for some and others kicked on in the bar for one or two more vinos. What i loved at the end was how Tommy and the waitstaff made sure there was someone to walk all the ladies to their car, train or in my case the bar next door. Tommy checked in with us more than once to make sure we were safe to get home. That was what i didnt expect and why i am writing this message, because that was above and beyond and it didn't go unnoticed. Will i use these guys again?, well i guess that depends on how my match goes!!!!!!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Melanie thank you so much for this amazing review!!!!! Wow, you really are attentive! Member experience and safety is paramount at our events we're so glad you had a fantastic time with us! Wishing... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
Private message

RACISM & DISCRIMINATION AT ITS PEAK!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I went to participate in the speed dating event that was being hosted by [Name Removed] at the World Vegan event in Melbourne, in the hope to find some romance. However, instead of being treated with respect and dignity and being registered like all the other women present, I was repeatedly ignored. I was standing first in the cue so that the person in charge, [Name Removed], could register me but strangely he kept walking past me (completely ignoring me) and selecting women who were behind me in the cue, asking them to participate. At first I thought it was just odd, but once my mum's partner pointed out to my that this person was ignoring me and being extremely rude, I decided to confront him, so I asked him why he wasn't asking me to register. The first thing he asked me, in an extremely rude manner, was "how old are you?" in a very confronting way. I said " what do you mean how old I am? you didn't ask any of the other women that question" and I told him he was downright rude and arrogant. I was extremely upset that somebody would treat me like that just because I am slightly overweight. All the other women he had in there or was busy trying to sign up were slim.

I went away. I stood with my mum and sister and took a photo of the banner of the event, since at this point I had decided to report this person and his highly discriminatory attitude towards me.
He came towards me in a bid to grab my phone away and I warned him not to touch my phone.
I had a heated argument with him and I told him off for his nasty attitude and behavior.

I went out of the hall (where the speed dating event was taking place) with my mum and her partner and I suddenly saw this gentleman with a security guard. He asked the security guard to kick me out of the event as he made false allegations that he wasn't feeling safe around me.

My mum's partner and I both explained to this guard that [Name Removed] was a totally insensitive and ignorant person who was discriminating me based on my weight. The security guard did not ask me to leave and showed no interest in [Name Removed] false and made up accusations.

I stuck around for a while, but I was deeply hurt, and left soon after. This person ruined my day.

He made me feel horrible, ugly and unwanted. I would like to see [Name Removed] take complete accountability and responsibility for his behavior. I think [Name Removed] should be accountable for the emotional distress and discrimination he put me through. I would strongly advice any big women to stay away from any of his dating services as he has no manners or empathy. He clearly does not know how to treat people with respect, regardless of their size. He is not only shallow, but also rude. Please don't go to his speed dating events if you are overweight or obese, as he will surely make you feel unwanted.

I expect he might respond to this review, trying to tell a different story... but he is not the one who was discriminated today. This man has NO ethics nor values, and I believe it is not only my right, but also my duty to report it.

Also, [Name Removed] you are certainly not a peaceful or a loving person, you just enjoy acting it. It wont be incorrect to say that you are also very racist. Keep answering and making excuses but you have certainly turned me off speed dating forever. Thanks for being the jerk you were. Keep it up, it truly suits you and your personality.

Also, I am proud that I had the courage to confront you and call you out on your pathetic attitude because it is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Hello Aneesha. I can see why you were so angry now. There is no excuse for such anger but at least I can see why. You have completely misunderstood that entire moment and because of that misunderst... read more »

Thanks for the invite but NO THANKYOU!! Its not OK to discriminate and be racist and then offer me a free invite. I do respect myself and certainly have no intention of socialising or meeting peopl... read more »

Singles Events Melbourne Official

It was you who mistreated me Aneesha when you abused me in front of 40 other people which is why you were escorted out. Aneesha did you not notice my staff member was Indian? He was the one taking ... read more »

Have to try it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

First time attending reallt enjoyed it. After being stood up from a girl from online dating, speed dating it the way forward

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You legend Frank! Thank you so much for your review! Online dating is indeed awful and we're so glad you favour speed dating instead.

What a blast!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Many thanks Tommy for a great day. Lots of laughter and drinking with great people
Will definitely be doing it again

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You're such a legend Andrew! It was awesome to meet you, my friend, we hope to see you at speed dating soon!

A GREAT DAY OUT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I had no expectations. An amazing day, from laughter to great company. Would I do it again? Definitely. Thanks Tommy.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thank you so much Maryanne!! You are such a legend and we would absolutely love to see you again!

• 1 review

Verified Customer

Great beer and cider day out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Good day very punctual for start
Bit awkward at start but picked up very quickly
Good tours lovely lunch but awesome day overall

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are simply awesome James! It was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for this review, hope to see you again!

Amazing day out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Awesome beer and cider tour. Very nice and professionaly ran event. Met some great peeps. Recommended to all singletons. Fantastic!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Melissa, you are amazing! Thank you so much for this review! It was so lovely to meet you!

First timer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Great time and went on my own. Nervous at the start but it was really good to meet single people in the same situation as me

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

David you legend! Thank you so much for this review. It sure is daunting at first but once you get there, you'll think "what was I worried about!" Glad you had a great time with us.

Beer And Cider!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Had the best day today, went on a Beer and Cider Tour and had a blast. Tommy was very professional and an excellent host. The breweries we visited were great. Made some new friends and highly recommend.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are an absolute legend Leanne! Thank you so much for this amazing review!

Awesome day out!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Attended with 3 friends, good fun and met great people! Well organised, great venues, and very enjoyable! The day went really quick! Such a good vibe. Made a few good friends and would definitely go again.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

You are such a legend! Thank you so much for this review!

Great night!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Great atmosphere, well run and a really fun night. The host was friendly and made everyone feel comfortable. Would definitely go again!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thank you so much for this review! We loved having you there!

Verified Customer

Great night to meet girls

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Really enjoyed it and its way better than i expected. Really well organised and everyone i met is great. What a great night!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thank you so much Hass! It was so good to meet you at the event. Hope to see you at another one if you need to book in again!

First time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

First time speed dating and it's an amazing experience. You should try it! My friend recommend it to me. Very nice event

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Amey this is a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us!

Great event for tall People

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Great venue, great mix of people, great host and overall a fun, enjoyable experience! So glad we have an event for tall people!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thank you so much for attending our Tall Peeps Speed Dating Jazzy! We home you have found your tall, dark and handsome guy :)

Verified Customer

Tall People Events! Finally!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

I always enjoy these nights! Great host and great venue. Real casual environment and no pressure at all. Everyone is really friendly. This is my 4th event and I love them!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Thank you so much Alex! We're so happy you're happy. We know you've been waiting for an event like this for a while :D Thank you for this review!

Singles Events Melbourne

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I attended my second speed dating event after a horror speed dating night organised by Snap Dating. (Can I mention them?) Organised! Professional and everyone was given equal opportunity to learn about others.

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Josie thank you so much for this amazing review! What really separates us from other dating organization is that we actually care about your experience with us. Thank you once again for this review... read more »

Amazing day!! Yay!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Had absolutely no expectations and had an amazing time!!! Met lots of awesome people and would definitely do it again because it was amazing!

Comments
Singles Events Melbourne Official

Mitziiiiiiii so rapped that you loved the Beer & Cider Singles Tour! Would absolutely love to see you again!

1 of 7 pages