Melbourne

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Terrible Design

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Terrible range hood, poorly designed. I purchased this for my mum as the brand had come highly recommended and I loved the sleek look and the strength seemed to be on the specifications, The baffle filters can go in the dishwasher to be easily cleaned, however the condensation and grease go through the filters all over the motor and inside above the buttons. The inside cannot be cleaned easily and the and eventually the grease spills through the filters while cooking. It is a fire hazard and extremely un-hygienic! I called Sirius after 5 weeks of use and have been awaiting a solution for over two month. I would not recommend this brand as the service has been pathetic. No Customer service for the high price paid, and honestly the old style carbon filters are much more effective, no disputing that the motor is strong but that's about it! The purpose of a range hood is to be used for cooking, this range hood has caused more issues than its worth. I'm a kitchen designer and have seen many models installed the design of this is not for someone who does a lot of cooking, more for a display purpose as its neat and hidden, not worth the amount you pay for it. My suggestion is do a lot of research on these baffle filters as they do not absorb fat or oils, there are brilliant carbon filters on the market that can be washed in the dishwasher just as easy and still protect the inside of the range hood. As for the brand you will be extremely disappointing with the service as there is none! It came with 5 year warranty, Id be surprised if this last a year! Look at a better brand without baffle filters, as this is a common problem acknowledge by other suppliers.

Comments
Sirius Official

Hi Nat, I'm sorry to hear that you're having some difficulty with your rangehood. Can you please email arisit@arisit.com and we will look further into this issue for you. Kind regards, Sirius Team.

Your Manger Peter has photos and emails sent at 6 weeks of use, as does your technician another Peter. they allowed the problem to progress for month and said it was due to not be cleaned! Clearly ... read more »

Sirius Official

Hi Nat, can you please email arisit@arisit.com with your details (name, address) and I will have this followed up for you. Kind regards, Sirius Team.

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Powerful and good looking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I needed real suction for our new kitchen as I make lots of stir fries and soups- this product is super efficient and also looks sleek and tidy - fits discretely under our cabinets. The motor for this is outside so very minimal noise from the fan. It is easy to clean - am really happy with my purchase.

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

To be installed soon Kitchen replacement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

Salesman at Harvey Norman showed us performance of other range hoods. This one was one of the quietest but is designed to perform with induction hot plates. Not many range hoods are suited to induction hotplates due to induction rain. I can also wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep them clean. Have seen great reviews on this product and it will be installed soon in our new kitchen.

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Powerful - Well Built - Great LED

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

Have just purchased this range hood. We have had many range hoods over the years in our kitchens and with most I was always disappointed with their ability to extract the air. Not so with the Sirius SL906. For its size the air it pulls through is very good. Very quite on the lowest setting and still reasonable on higher settings considering the volume of air moving through.

The LED light bar is awesome. Daylight intensity that provides an even coverage over the cooking surface.

The unit looks to be well built and give confidence it will stand the test of time.

One area where there could be improvement is the installation instructions. These are terrible at best. Please do everybody a favour and re-work the installation instructions into something useful.

williamstown

Verified Purchase Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Love the ease of Cleaning

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Just purchased this product after looking at and comparing other similar products we were sold on this one because of the ease of cleaning and maintaining the product.It also looked great and was very functional.The price was also very competitive and the promotional cash back offer was also very appealing

sydney

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Can't wait to use it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Have seen great reviews on this product and went out and purchased it. It is about to be installed in our new home. Love the bright LED light on it and the fact that I can wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep the clean. Compared to other range hoods out there I am exceptionally happy I chose this one.

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: May 2018

Awesome looking, great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I love the fact I can clean vents in the dishwasher, and the lovely chrome finish. I also like the single strip lighting rather than the spot lights in other range hoods on the market, it lights up the whole cooking area without dark and light areas. I would recommend this product.

Purchased at: Whitfords

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Really great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

Bought this on a retail sales person recommendation and couldn't be happier. The free upgrade to the double motor didn't hurt either. Really gets the job done and is nice and quiet which suits our needs. The light feature and the removable baffles are an excellent design feature that we really like.

Melbourne

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great rangehood - effective, quiet and easy to clean

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I love it - it's so effective as an exhaust, even with all cooktop burners being used at once. It removes all fatty frying steam really effectively, the cabinets above my cooktop are remaining clean and non greasy. So long as you remember use the correct setting to match the amount of exhaust required. I'm also really happy about how quiet it is compared to the crap rangehoods I've had in the past. The highest setting is obviously louder but really powerful and great for wok frying etc. I like the light which I use all the time. The buttons are very easy to access and use. I love the button that lets the fan remain on for 10mins and then turn off automatically. I like the look of the baffles, and the fact that they are really easy to wipe clean, and remove and wash, and I wash them by hand in the sink (no dishwasher for me!).
I've had it for two years so far. Will definitely get this type again if I move.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Newcastle, New South Wales

• 3 answers

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: May 2017

Great rangehood and does what it designed to do very well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Being undermount it gives clean lines to our new kitchen. Unit vented outside which keeps most of cooking smells out of the house. Works very well and controls very easy to use. Noisy on highest setting which I use when cooking a stir fry but the cooking sounds are noisy too for the 10minutes this takes. Good led light. Haven’t cleaned as yet but is due this month on our experience to date I definitely recommend this make and model.

Purchased at: Winning Appliances

Comments
Sirius Official

Hi Lyndalls, thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Sirius SL906-L 520 and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future que... read more »

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Quality and class

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

The Sirius SL906-L520 has added class to my newly renovated kitchen. A lot of thought went into my choice of rangehood . The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. Definately worth the money. Would recommend this everyone.

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Good product, quiet, good quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

Good quality product, you pay for what you get - quality. Looks good, efficient, good lighting and easy to clean. Not the cheapest rangehood but definitely the best. Needs extra ducting and some standard clips to complete the package and to be eligble for the extended warrantee. Overall very happy.

NSW

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 13 answers
  • 42 helpful votes

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Good performance, lousy instructions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

This range hood is nice, quiet and efficient, however there are a few areas for improvement:

1. The user manual/ installation instructions are atrocious. The wiring diagram for the SEM 1 model completely ignores the earth -it's not even shown! The manual actually says the unit "must not be earthed", despite the wiring harness from the motor being supplied with an earth wire. When you ring Ariston technical support, they confirm that actually you do need to earth the unit using a screw that is not supplied. If you followed the poorly interpreted installation instructions, you could end up with an electrified range hood and ineffective electrical safety circuit. I wonder how many units have been installed in this manner and are an accident waiting to happen?
2. There are three manuals - one for the duct, one for the unit, and one for the motor. Each is equally confusing, poorly written and missing information. For example, the user is left to determine how to affix the plastic non-return butterfly duct transition on top of the undermount unit, with gaps left at front and back that require silicone. The duct flashing instruction is incomplete and does not detail how to fold the corners of the flashing under the tiles to prevent wind and rain ingress. Luckily I have done this before once or twice! The ducting kit only comes with two band clamps when four are needed. But for some reason they provide a 125-150mm adaptor which you don't require!
3. The screws at the back of the unit are very very difficult to access. The screws at the front of the unit can deform the stainless steel facing if done up too tightly, and the countersinking provided is not sufficient for the screw heads to sit flush.

Our unit was supplied with damaged buttons. Thankfully this was repaired under warranty. It is hard to see how the damage occured after leaving the factory, since the packaging is some of the best I have ever seen! The box has triple or quadruple cardboard layers and foam. And it was an undamaged box.

All up, I am hoping that the operation of the unit is far more trouble-free than the installation!

On the plus side, the LED light is excellent, the unit is quiet and provides good clearance of cooking fumes, and looks pretty good.

Overall I give the range hood 4 1/2 stars for operation and aesthetics, 2 stars for ease of installation (which would be improved by better instructions and better factory quality assurance).

Someone from Ariston really should address the wiring diagram and manual.

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Very efficient but noisy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

Installed unit over induction cooktop in newly renovated kitchen. Recommended by salesperson to reduce cooking odours in small townhouse, and be quiet. It is efficient whilst cooking, but is so noisy we cannot leave on to fully eliminate odours whilst we eat (despite purchasing the recommended ducting and vent kit).

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Verified Purchase Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

So glad the salesperson suggested this unit!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

We had done a lot of research on appliances for our kitchen reno and narrowed the range hood down to either the inboard or outboard motor version another local brand (S*******n). After discussing with my installer the merits of both models he was hard pressed to justify the extra costs for the outboard motor version. I approached Harvey Norman for a price on these units and they also suggested the SL906-L 850 which they did a killer price on. When I compared the Sirius against my previous choice the decision was a no brainer even with it being about $200 more expensive. Quieter running (based on comparison in store), timer delay facility, better LED lights, commercial grade baffle filters and superior style, looks and finish. Even the way the unit is packaged displays Sirius quality and attention to detail. I just can't find anything I don't like with this product!
Looking forward to getting the unit installed when the new kitchen is ready. I know I won't be disappointed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update.. Now installed, looks and works great.

Adelaide

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

The Sirius SL906-L850 has added a streamlined finish to my newly renovated kitchen. Great consideration went into my choice of rangehood. The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this rangehood.

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: SL906-L 850

Quality and looks great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

SIRIUS SL906-L850 - The stainless steel grill with no greasy filters to clean won me over when purchasing this undermount rangehood. You just pop the stainless steel grills in the dishwasher. I compared other brands relating to power/suction and quality material and the additional great appearance, for me this was a great choice, so much so I bought a 2nd one SIRIUS SL906-L520R for my butler's pantry to compliment the one in the kitchen.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sirius Official

Thanks for the great review, Gemini. We appreciate your positive feedback. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

Sydney

• 3 comments

Verified Purchase Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Replaced another well known brand with this one. Very quiet operation works perfectly with my 90cm stove with tempanyaki plate. Would highly recommend.
Harvey Norman at Domayne great to deal with! Staff were well informed patient & happy to demonstrate. it was an easy decision when comparing with other brands.

• 1 helpful vote

Model: SL906-L 520 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Induction Compatible

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

I Had trouble finding something that was meant to work with an induction cooktop, believe me, not all types do. I have my hopes set that this will with the reviews give. I feel that the noise level is a bit high though, but figured if it worked it was going to be worth the compromise. Guess what... it actually works and i would definitely recommend; very happy.

Purchased at: Spartan Electrical

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Model: SL906-L 850 Date Purchased: Aug 2016

As quiet and efficient as promised.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I did a large amount of research before purchasing a rangehood as we cook daily for a big family and our kitchen is open plan and part of a bigger living space. It was important to me that the rangehood I chose extracted strongly and quietly. Ours sits above a 6 burner 90cm gas cooktop, has an onboard motor and is ducted to the exterior of our house, approx 1.5 m away.
So far, I am very happy with my choice. It extracts extremely efficiently even on the lowest levels - I can see the steam disappearing towards the baffles and there are no residual garlic etc smells in the living space - and it is very very quiet. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is noisier on the highest suction setting but you would need to use this rarely if at all, as it extracts so efficiently on the lower settings. The LED light is far better than I had expected, so good in fact that we have decided not to put strip lighting under the cupboards above, as we had planned to do. The other factor I was keen on was longevity, fingers crossed it won't disappoint in this regard.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes