Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Not Universal - Doesn't work _ Damaged my pool!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Product received 9/11/18
Refund requested 10/10/18 - denied!

Installed the "universal" skim-a-round all in one basket in my in-ground skimmer per instructions included in the box. This product is NOT universal! About 2 weeks later I noticed problems with my pool pump and called a pool professional to review. He looked the system over and asked where I got that basket as that was causing the problem. He replaced the basket and now the system works just fine. I emailed the company requesting a refund. They asked for pictures, which I sent. They denied the refund. The basket has no damage (wish I could say the same for my pool).

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Product does not do what it is advertised to do.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I purchased 2 and decided to keep one. It is very ineffective. It does no better than a $5.00 skimmer basket. In fact, after several adjustments I gave up and simply placed a rock in the basket to keep it from floating to the top. The customer service is unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to pay shipping and a "15%" restocking fee in order to return one of the baskets. They've also had the audacity to block me from Facebook postings. In addition, I believe that most, if not all, their positive reviews are 100% lies. "Scam-a-Round" is a much more appropriate name for these people.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Works ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

I have had the skimmer for approx. a year and I have found it does work better because of the whirlpool effect. I keep it sitting down by putting a weight in it as I am not always on hand to empty it and it floats to the top when the pump turns off.

Purchased at: eBay

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Product does not work. Returned it and they would not refund me my money and kept the product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Terrible - You will regret getting it. They said it has to be returned in new condition. I tried it for 10 days and packed it back up, They told me it was not new condition (it's plastic) and refused to refund me or give me the product back. I even paid $10 of my own money to return it.

Did not work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Total waste of money. It did not work for me at all. It never got the whirlpool action. It actually worked less than my regular pool filter that came with the pool. I was sad I had wasted my money. Don't be fooled by fake reviews someone else left somewhere.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Does not work as advertised for me. Read reviews before buying I wish I did.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I don't know how large of a pump you work need to make these things work like advertised (maybe the size of a VW bug) but it did not work for me like in there videos no matter how we adjusted the inlet valves (skimmer valves and bottom of the pool valves. For the cost it does not make sense to return it (shipping plus restocking fees). Buying beware, it might and might not work for you.

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Does not work. Had professional pool service come out twice to adjust pump to try to get it working. They stick you with 15% restock on this piece of crap. Must be how they make their money on restock fees. Check reviews first. Rated horribly on every site I've checked.

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

This company is a total scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

We ordered the skim a round as a vacuum attachment along with their recommended concrete pool vacuum. They shipped the skim a round and the hoses in two separate boxes...claiming that they sent the vacuum also. We received the skim a round and NOT THE VACUUM. When I called yesterday ( had to wait due to Labor day weekend) the guy that answered the phone was flippant and dismissed me with a "wait a few days...it will probably show up." It has not so...I called them again today and a female answered and was just as dismissive claiming that they shipped everything and "FedEx must have stolen the missing items...so I needed to settle it with them." After another hour on the phone with FedEx...they confirmed that only 2 boxes shipped and the shipper must initiate a claim. The boxes were not tampered with and had their labelled, custom tape sealing the boxes. Suffice it to say that we are very disappointed. We hoped that this would be a great system from a company here in Florida...turns out they are liars and obviously scam artists (see BBB complaints...not the FAKE online reviews that they created. They blocked me from Facebook for posting on their page)! I am reporting this as fraud to PayPal...Buyer Beware...please do not be fooled. Do not spend money here.

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Good For The Money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I initially had a tough time getting the basket to stay down but after playing around with the different positions of the ring, it does its job. It doesn't lay completely flat at the bottom of the skimmer but it does do a great job trapping the debris. It raises up when the filter shut off as it should.

This is NOT universal!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

This garbage is not universal and their customer service is trash. This company is simply running a scam, their product is designed not to fit as their are bits and pieces remaining from it's other applications which obstruct it from fitting in ground skimmers, when I pointed it out to customer service they responded with we offered free tech support and you agreed to the terms and conditions when ordering. I explained I didn't need tech support for common sense and I ordered a universal skimmer which is not universal and impossible to use as you have sold it to. I returned the product which was a mistake as I will end up losing nearly the entire cost of the part through shipping return, restock fees and I've never used the product.

Do NOT buy from this company, remember you were warned.

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Did not work - not a risk free trial

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

This is not a trustworthy company. It cost me $11 to ship it back and then they charge a restocking fee. Still haven’t received my refund. Terrible customer service. They claim that they offer a 30 day risk-free trial, but that is not the case as I may end up getting half of my money back. As others have said, they block negative reviews on Facebook. I guess they blocked me because I am unable to post to or like their page. This occurred after I submitted an honest review on their page. I’m sure it’s been deleted.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Did not work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

This filter did not fit my pool. I tried everything. When posting my experience with the product and asking for help they blocked Me instead of reaching out to fix the problem. They wouldn't respond to emails or calls. Don't buy this they do not back up there product. Very disappointed.

Purchased at: Online Computer

No ‘Whirlpool’ Action!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

While I didn’t have the problem that others did, regarding the fit, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WHIRLPOOL ACTION. There’s nothing worse than being taken. I couldn’t wait to get it, as it looked great. Don’t waste your money. You’ll end up disappointed, with a normal skimmer basket and nothing more.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

The return policy is awful!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

The concept is great, however the design is not! If the water level of the pool drops it will not work at all!
Cost $10 to mail back and a 15% restocking fee. Wish I had found these reviews before I made my purchase!
I should have kept it and sold it at a yard sale, but I would have told them that it didn’t work!!

Stay Away from SCAM-A-ROUND

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

DOES NOT WORK - BLAMED my pool manufacturer! I tried it in two friend's pools built at different times by different builders - SAME THING - WON'T WORK!

Returns are a JOKE and I ordered on Facebook which does not say anything about 15% restocking fee and me paying to ship back! It's been a month and STILL NO REFUND!

Skim A Round AKA SCAM A ROUND is a JOKE! Do not waste your time or money BBB has them F RATED! They told me that is because they don't PAY the BBB for an A LIES LIES LIES

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Just dont do it - didnt work on my pool - they make returns impossible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

BBB rates this company and they censor the bad reviews from their facebook page - just dont do it - didnt work on my pool - they make returns impossible - didnt work in my pool unless you force it in and put a rock in it. Then it wasn't any better than the original basket. The "designers" state that it should float - which only lets stuff past it and under it - and onto the filter. Returns are impossible and they try to charge a restocking fee AND you pay return shipping. Even on unopened merch.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Awful return policy.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

It didn’t work in my pool. We watched the videos and read about it to make sure we were doing it correctly, without results. I have requested an authorization for return and have not received it yet. It has been less than ten days. I was hoping to do more business with this company, however, It doesn’t look promising.

Terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

This product is terrible! I bought two total, one for each pocket. The suction pulled both baskets from the top. We adjusted the suction to the lowest level. Each time both baskets came off causing the debris to go into the pump. When I called to return this All-In-One, I was told I would still have to pay shipping and the 15% restocking fee. The first person I spoke to was very nice. I called back after I saw I would have to pay shipping and a 15% restocking fee. This second person, a woman, was very nasty and condescending. I will never do business with this company again and would never recommend buying this product or anything from this company.

No good- Does not work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Did everything they asked and even watched their video.
It's a plastic somewhat smaller skimmer basket that does not do what they say it does.
Thought it would help in one of the two skimmers I have but waste of money. Stay away
The product is pricey, expensive to return if you do buy it and does not work.
Sounded great but don't waste your money.

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

The filter doesn't work and they make it so that "refunding" is more expensive than purchasing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Total rip off unless you have a pool built to the exact specs in the video demonstration. ANY deviance and you'll never get the seal you need in order to get the expected results. The ring around the skim-a-round all in one contains no rubber or adhesive, it is simply hard plastic, making any bond with concrete limited to relying on the suction of your pool pump to be able to pull the basket down so hard that a water tight seal between plastic and concrete occurs (not very likely). Save your money and do not buy!

1 of 3 pages