Sleeping Duck Mattresses is currently offering customers a $25 Eftpos voucher to encourage them to write a review, positive or negative. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

I love my Sleeping Duck!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I've had my sleeping duck for 2 and a half years now and it's still keeping it's support & firmness! Delivery was quick and the price was very affordable. It's a lot cheaper than getting a mattress in town and this sleeping duck is more comfortable too. The 100 night free trial made this a no risk purchase. I highly recommend sleeping duck if you want a new mattress :)

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Sleeping like a duck! Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Very Comfortable a supportive, very durable not too hard not too soft. Just right. So spacious and little if any partner disturbance. East to order and quick delivery. Its a dream!

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great night sleep for both of us

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We purchased this, after upgrading our 10 year old cheapish mattress. Very happy with the level of comfort, and a great night sleep for both myself and husband.
Was concerned as my husband likes a firm mattress, and I prefer a softer one. We compromised on a medium, and it has worked well.

Bright

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

No risk, excellent product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Easy order and quick delivery, even to country location.
Base and mattress are quality made with a high quality cover, previous mattress was latex, this is more comfortable from day 1 and the ability to customise each side is a bonus. Took up the option to change the firmness, the Duck team made it a no hassle process.
Mattress breathes well and no chemical smell issues.
Very happy with purchase, good value & highly recommend.

Best Buy Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

We go to bed a little earlier every night now since buying our Sleeping Duck mattress. The kids (2 & 4yrs) are in with us every morning too. The mattress Is incredibly comfortable and welcoming.

Comfortable mattress, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Our mattress is very comfortable. The customer service was very helpful, and was able to adjust my half of mattress to medium while my husband's half being firm. Great to have the three month trial period so we know that it really suits us. We were a way a few weekends ago and couldn't wait to get back to our comfortable bed.

• 11 helpful votes

Great sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I think this mattress is really worth it its comfy and feels good i have not purchased a mattress for 20 years and saw great reviews so that's why i purchased.
Its been great so far no issues yet will be keeping.
They send you texts to make sure your happy.

Thanks Guys very happy

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Loving the new sleeping duck very comfortable look forward to going to bed now , no partner movement and no lumps in the centre of the bed , very good and efficient service

Brunswick

• 1 review

Excellent mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I love our new mattress and how fuss free it was to order. It arrived on time and was easy to set up and not a huge amount of excessive packaging. I was a bit worried about buying a mattress online with out trying it out first but I was also not keen to waste time shopping around. I am so happy that I went with my gut and purchased a Sleeping Duck. We went with the medium rating and it is perfect. It did take a few weeks to get used to as it felt much higher than our old mattress however, I wouldn't say that those 2 weeks resulted in any uncomfortable nights.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

A Great Mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Doug on 9/2/2018. I was unsure about buying a mattress on line, so I journeyed into Richmond to try it out. I need not have worried as the sample mattress was as good as advertised. I bought my mattress 2 months and It took me about 2-3 weeks to get used to it after having a pillow top mattress for about 12 years. Now I hardly ever toss and turn at night and if I do, I don't disturb my wife. I am sleeping much better and waking up refreshed. I am very impressed with sleeping duck from their staff, service, delivery to their amassing products. I could not recommend this mattress highly enough, it is superb. I have never written a review of anything before and have done so on this occasion because I am so impressed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

It's simply the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

I've slept on regular inner spring mattresses, as well as latex mattresses, and while the latex mattress is good, this is better than both. I will be buying another one for my partner and I, as my current one will be going in the spare room soon. I love that there is no partner disturbance when we roll over. It's so supportive, and being someone who gets headaches, it's good to know that my spine is being supported correctly whilst asleep. I chose a medium mattress because I am a side sleeper, and my partner who often sleeps on his back is happy with the support the medium mattress offers too. If you're not sure which mattress to get, you won't be disappointed with this one.

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Excellent mattress. Initial smell is a bit overwhelming.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Excellent mattress! Very comfortable. I bought mine 10 months ago and it’s still fantastic. I would certainly buy one again, if need be.

The only negative is don’t expect to sleep on it for about 1 week. The fumes that come out of it are very very very strong and it took a couple of months to really be gone. I couldn’t sleep on the mattress for a few weeks because of the smell, perhaps I was a bit more sensitive due to being pregnant. Open it up in place, but close off the bedroom with the windows open, and sleep somewhere else for a week or so.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best mattress we've ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

The combination of pocket springs plus memory foam seem to make this mattress just perfect - we went with the 'firm' mattress, which is so supportive yet nicely cushioned. Also doesn't disturb partner when getting in/out of bed or rolling over. We feel like we're sleeping in a hotel bed every night!

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Damn excellent!!! This is a great example of value.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

I’ve never had a mattress as comfortable as this!! Having very good sleeps and we cannot feel any movement when we get in and out of bed; so we won’t wake each other up.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Sleeping much better on a duck!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

My wife and I find the Sleeping Duck to be comfortable and supportive and much better than our old Sealy Posturepedic mattress (which was over 10 years old). Our quality of sleep has definitely improved on the duck.

perth

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great mattress with options to change firmness

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

GOt this back in March last year. Got the firmest setting but changed it to the medium after 9 months as my wife found it too hard. Quality is great and the price is also very reasonable. Would recommend it to anyone.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Good mattress

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Very comfortable mattress - real upgrade from the old spring job that we've been sleeping on for years. Can't speak for durability as yet (as we've only had it a few months), but my wife and I are glad we took a punt and are now enjoying a supportive mattress. It is very heavy, as others have noted, but this is manageable given its other qualities.

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

This mattress was fantastic and we found it great. Was much better then the mattress we had in the pass that cost three times as much. I hope this review helps

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

great mattress

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

the mattress is great. supportive and comfortable. can't say my sleep is better but I'm finding I drift off a bit faster and wake up/get out of bed easier/quicker.
I have noticed I'm a bit warmer where my skin touches the mattress but from the reviews I expected that a bit.
there was a minor issue in getting the mattress delivered but it was quickly sorted out and arrived less than a week later.
with a 100 day return policy it can't hurt to try, especially if you are looking to spend this sort of cash on a mattress anyway (which really you should)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Finally I found my perfect bed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Very comfortable and easy to maintain. I can wash the top anytime i want. I feel like the bed is where I always want to be in the house all the time.

1 of 61 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Hi, There's a lot of single review people posting 5 out of 5 stars reviews, and not many people who've actually reviewed other products or even have been verified as purchasers. Can I ask, honestly, are you guys just sockpuppeting all these positive single reviews yourselves? Because looking through prior reviews, a lot of actual verified customers who've reviewed a lot of other products, the reviews are far less positive. Thanks,

UFO asked on Feb 08, 2018

Answer this

I am a genuine customer of Sleeping Duck, and I was very happy with my purchase and can't fault their customer service, follow up or their product. I did not wish to provide further personal details or my purchase information to a third party to be verified.

I can assure you I am a customer of Sleeping Duck, I bought the mattress as a Christmas present for myself last year and I am very happy with their product so far. As I said in my review I was comparing them to other mattresses I've slept on, and my review is very honest, this product works great for me. Everyone is different and have other products to compare it to, so we know what suits us as individuals. With the 100 night trial (like a few companies offer) I think most people would know if it is a good product for them or not within that time. My mattress isn't going back, It's great in my opinion. Their customer service has been excellent too, quite a few other companies could learn a thing or two. Try it for yourself and decide if you like it or not.

Hi UFO,

Here at Sleeping Duck we adhere to the posting guidelines set by Product Review.

We have never, and will never post reviews or tell our customers what to post.
It is up to the reviewer to decide if they'd like to add in their additional details and information about their purchases.
We encourage our customers to post their honest reviews of their mattress and do offer an incentive for a review (good or bad) of a $25 Gift Card.

If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch with us directly - info@sleepingduck.com

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Can I get another top for the mattress? The one I have is stained and needs replacing.

Suzanne asked on Feb 02, 2018

Answer this

Not sure about the top but I got an insert which changed the firmness of the mattress. Send sleeping duck an email or go on their website chat and ask them.
Cheers
Rob

Hi Suzanne! You can definitely purchase a new topper. If you could send us an email at info@sleepingduck.com, then we'll be able to help you further and order you the right topper.

Trang @ Sleeping Duck

I am looking to purchase a mattress for my adult daughter who has disabilities which include severe Scoliosis, impinged neck and Lumbar nerves and epilepsy...just for starters. We need a soft, yet supporting mattress, that is supported on the sides/edges as well, as she tends to sit on the edge of the mattress to assist in her dressing etc. Would you consider the Sleeping Duck to be considered the right mattress for my daughter?

WendyB18 asked on Jan 24, 2018

Hi WendyB18,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! As every case is different, we would like to get a few more details from you before we confirm if our mattress will be suitable. Please contact us directly so that we can assist you further.

Team Sleeping Duck :)
info@sleepingduck.com
1800 667 196

Hi Wendy - I've only had my mattress for 10 days, but I have similar issues to your daughter, so I thought I'd respond. I bought a medium/firm (the softest available) and personally I haven't found it to be too firm. I'm slowly working with the company to try to make it more comfortable, but at the moment it seems to put a lot of pressure on the hips and shoulders (I'm a side-sleeper). However, softness is subjective, so it might be fine for your daughter.

It's definitely not great for sitting on the edge. It sinks down quite a lot on the edges, so I have my feet flat on the floor and I have to be careful to maintain my balance. But again, this might be subjective.

Best of luck finding the right mattress!

Thanks Ella....I was a little worried about the issue of sitting on the edge of the mattress, and will have to look at getting an appropriate bedroom chair, if there is a problem with this. My daughter is mainly a side sleeper too, so we will have to see how that pans out too, and deal with it as it crops up....very difficult to purchase mattresses on-line:-/ Thanks for your reply, appreciate it!

See all 118 questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress