Sleeping Duck Mattresses is currently offering customers a $25 Eftpos voucher to encourage them to write a review, positive or negative. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

I can now sleep more than 2 hours straight!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I can now sleep more than 2 hours in a row after months of waking up with hip and back pain. So much money spent on physio, chiro and massage. Turns out I just needed a new mattress, the $2500 posturepedic mattress that I had clearly wasn't worth the money.

This mattress is supportive and comfortable. Very happy with the service and the product

Purchased at: Online Computer

Great value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

We opted for the "firm" mattress due to my wife having some back problems and this mattress is certainly firm. For me personally it is a bit too firm if I'm honest but I am slowly getting used to it. It is certainly a lot better than the saggy old mattress it replaced which was even making my back sore in the mornings. Sleeping Duck sent an SMS to me after a week or so of receiving it to make sure we are happy. They offered to replace the mattress for a softer model for me but with my wife's back doing better I took one for the team and turned them down. That's just the kind of guy I am, you know... and they say chivalry is dead ;-) Anyway, I digress... A few other notes; it doesn't sleep hot at all in my opinion and I am vulnerable to night sweats myself. It is quite thick/tall and our fitted sheets match it perfectly although they were a little big on the last mattress. I wouldn't be surprised to find some fitted sheets are too small or perhaps shrink then don't fit nicely. I didn't find there was any overwhelming smell and the slight foam smell was what I would anticipate with a newly unwrapped product like this. After a day I didn't notice it at all anymore. After a few months of use, I would have no problem recommending this mattress to a friend. Disclaimer: I have been offered a $25 voucher for something (haven't read the details yet) to do this review but that has no bearing on my comments here.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2017

this is very supportive mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

My sister bought this mattress few years ago and recommended to me. The mattress is very heavy, you will need a male friend to help unpack and position on the bed frame. It smelled for three days, so I recommend to open the package in a separate room with windows wide open for few days. However, the mattress itself has very good support, a person next you may move around but the mattress does not fluctuate. If you are sensitive and your partner moves all around the bed, this is a must have mattress. The "Firm" mattress is much firmer than an ordinary mattress so I also recommend to try on the medium and firm mattress in the shop.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Sleeping much better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

After finding my girlfriend was getting a sore back from our 7+ year old bed, I decided to do some research - after finding great reviews for Sleeping Duck, i decided to give it a go.

Since we've been using it for 5 months, we can both report a better sleep (it's easier to get to sleep also) and my girlfriend is experiencing no back pain. I also like the fact that I don't wake up my girlfriend every time I get up to get a glass of water at night, or when I get in when she's asleep. We chose a medium after watching video reviews, and it's still firm enough to be comfortable.

I've recommended it to my family and friends, especially those with older beds.

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

A good nights rest at a great price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I bought this mattress unsure what I was getting into and came out pleasantly surprised. Previously, I had used a tempur foam mattress. I was hot and uncomfortable and not sleeping well.

I ended up getting a king size SD mattress and have ended up a very happy person. I have slept on this now for a few months and found it very comfortable. The foam topper has settled in and is not longer changing (its just right) and the spring base is very well made and just the right firm.

The after sales service has been great. Would recommend this brand to others.

Top notch mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

This is the most supportive mattress we have ever bought. We chose a medium top, which is gently firm, giving support and comfort. Buying the Sleeping Duck mattress on line was a leap of faith, but the YouTube demonstrations encouraged us to give it ago. We have been impressed with the customer service and follow up, and it has been a pleasure to deal with an accountable firm, concerned about its product as well as its customers.

Mornington Peninsula

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Can't stop raving about it..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

At first I was hesitant about buying a mattress online without seeing one or even had recommendation of sleeping duck but Its the best mattress we've ever had. So comfy. It's higher/deeper on the sides compared to our much older mattress, we had to buy new fitted sheets.

Best mattress ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Mattress is fantastic, comfortable as anything! Company is easy to work with, our top cover arrived with a slight tear, one phone call and a photo and no hesitation a replacement was sent.
Cannot recommend this highly enough!

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

If looking for a new mattress you must try!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

An excellent mattress.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

We have had our Sleeping Duck mattress for about 2 months and found it to be very comfortable. The support is firm and stable across the bed which allows both of us to have a great nights sleep. The real test wil be if it maintains its shape over time.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Very confortable but too big for sheets

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

I sleep really well on this mattress. The only thing that I don't like is the thickness. It is so thick that my sheets are way too small for this mattress.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

King Size & Base

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

The mattress is comfortable and supportive and has certainly improved my sleep. Very importantly, it has also helped with my neck and back pain. I swapped the firm insert for the custom firm insert and, of course, the degree of firmness is a personal thing. I do already feel like I have melded somewhat into the mattress, which is not ideal for me - I want it to be flat - so I will be interested to see how the mattress performs over time.

St. Andrews, Victoria

Date Purchased: May 2017

This is the best matress we have slept on. You don't even know the other person is in the bed with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

The mattress is extremely comfortable and supportive.
We have decided to purchase another one, in the near future, for our holiday house.
We have had the mattress for about six weeks and have found nothing to complain about it.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

What can I say but Superb in every way.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

I really love my new Sleeping Duck. It's seriously hard to get out of bed in the morning and make an effort to jump in at every chance I get. Love the service and possibly the best $1000 I've spent.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Awesome bed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

awesome bed super comfy!! had an issue, they resolved it quickly and without fuss.. def recommend!!great nights sleep just what i wanted. they have many formats available and awesome warranties.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Good mattress does make difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

It is our irst time purchase, worth every pennny. It's very comfy and keeps us warm over the winter! Don't think that we will go back to any other mattress.

Awesome mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Mattress is the perfect mix of comfort and support. No longer am I waking up sore and tired due to poor matress suppport. And have good sleep duration due to its comfort. Can't really comment on durability due to only having it for three months.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Very solid and well made mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Comfortable and I would happily recommend to other people I know. If we ever need another mattress we will be back. Was easy to un-pack and we are very pleased

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Great mattresses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

In our house we all use mattresses from Sleeping Duck. Great and prompt service to change the firmness of the mattress. The mattresses have a very good build and they are durable. We are really happy with them.

1 of 54 pages

Hi im a side sleeper and my husband a back sleeper. He also gets hot easily. I've read on other sites that some people have felt extra warm? Comments?

Vanessa G asked on Jul 31, 2017

Answer this

I'm both a back and side sleeper my partner is a side sleeper. I don't notice any warmth coming from the mattress, however we do have a Microcloud mattress topper for that ultra soft feeling.

Hi Vanessa,

It can be quite a tricky one when you and your partner have different sleep prefferences! With us you do have the half half option, in this case each side of the bed can be customized to your individual sleep needs!

Furthermore, the heat generated by a mattresses generally depends on the materials used. As a rule of thumb, spring only mattresses are the coolest and foam only mattresses are the warmest. Ours is a hybrid design and falls somewhere in the middle of the two. That being said, we don’t find many of our customers experience overheating issues.

Vivek@ Sleeping Duck
[email protected]

Can your mattresses be used on electric adjustable beds?

Steve asked on Jul 23, 2017

Hi Steve,
I'm really not sure if the mattress can be used on adjustable beds. It would be best to get in contact with sleeping duck

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, our mattress is not compatible with adjustable beds.

This is primarily due to the pocket spring design used in the mattress. Traditionally foam mattresses are the most compatible with adjustable bases so that may be an avenue to explore.

Vivek@ Sleeping Duck
[email protected]

When recieving one of these mattresses, is there any chance that it could it be one that someone has returned that has then been repackaged?

Ben asked on Jul 20, 2017

Hi Ben,

All of our returned mattresses are donated to charity or professionally recycled. So every mattress we send out is brand new!

If you have any further questions or want to have a chat please feel free to get in touch anytime.

Alex @ Sleeping Duck

Hi Ben,

I guess it could be possible, but I find it extremely hard to believe. It's as the 'Sleeping Duck' team advise, they do not 'recycle' the mattresses to new customers, only pass them on towards charity. If you ever purchase one, you'll see what I mean when you have it delivered! Honestly, it's worth it!

See all 98 questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress