Between May 2017 and February 2018, Sleeping Duck Mattresses previously offered customers a $25 Eftpos voucher to encourage them to write a review, positive or negative. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

No more back pain

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

It is only one week in, but after throwing out my previous mattress after less than a year that cost twice the price of Sleeping Duck, I am totally stoked. I used to wake up every morning with chronic back spasms and interrupted sleep patterns. I am now waking up after a deep sleep and no spasm. Hard to explain the delight in that!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Gone to the tip!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

This mattress to begin with was reasonably comfortable although we woke up with sore lower backs soon after. We spoke with customer service who kindly provided us with a firmer pad to insert which was great. We slept marginally better, not much though and unfortunately by 12 months or so the mattress had two deep wells or indentations on each side of the mattress where our bodies lay. I don’t think we are overly heavy people, I am 68kegs and my husband is 78kg. We religiously turned the mattress every month too but to no avail. Unfortunately we had to take it to the tip last weekend and are sleeping in our spare room. Now it’s time to start researching mattresses AGAIN. Getting really over it.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Finally, A Bed That Is Comfortable Without The Leg Work At Retail Stores.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I cannot believe a bed in a box is something first of all, second, I cannot understand how a company like Sleeping Duck can produce a more superior product than most retail stores, when one is searching for a bed with all the hassle we have to deal with, all over the bed retail spectrum, it actually is as easy as contacting Sleeping Duck for a surprising and amazing outcome.
My experience after checking out ALL the reviews was unregrettable; I found the service to be amazingly personable and very helpful. Purchasing through this company is RISK FREE for 100 days. I thought, what the hey give it a go, the worst that can happen is I am not satisfied and back to the company it goes, full refund and no issue.
Happy to report that the bed is B----y Comfy even though I did query a niggle in my back with the medium selection for my half of the bed, of which I was offered the Firm option to try, free of charge and delivered to our home as well.
I am none the less so satisfied with our bed buy from these guys as we did not need to front up to a store testing dozens of beds, dealing with staff who may or may not know what they are recommending is actually what you need plus the fact those beds are usually terribly over priced and do not come with the warranty that Sleeping Duck offers.
(With our last bed buy, we had experienced over 10 years of thinking there must be something wrong with us as this was a bed from a so called reputable back dealing establishment with only a 1 year warranty, yet all of those years we were experiencing numb spots, pains in our BACKS! of all things and poor nights of sleep.)
Back to Sleeping Duck, Hubby and I also, after a few days trial, decided to purchase the Bed Base from them as well and it has made my life in particular worth living again because our Neato Botvac, Sadie, actually can clean under the bed due to the slightly higher base, YAYYY No more moving beds!
About time buying a bed is a whole lot easier and less mind bendingly confusing than from stores that claim nonsense of which we all fall for but needn't.
Our personal opinion is we have never had a bed in all of our 50 plus years that is as comfortable as this and would highly recommend to any who are tired of the hard bed search to give Sleeping Duck a go.
What have you got to lose?

FYI, I was not offered any incentive to send my review, I purely wished to express my satisfaction with the company and our purchase.

P.S. Having suffered from Sciatica for some years I have found a huge reduction in this painful condition of which I truly believe is due to the straight forward no-nonsense design of this bed, no pillow top gimmick that collapses in no time or claims of specially designed bases with personal adjustment systems to suit your back issues, all of which cost a pile of money and in my opinion are rubbish. Decades ago we were able to buy a BED and it WAS Comfortable, these days we are all sucked into the BIG BED business and it is a rip off.
But in my experience, not with Sleeping Duck, we all purely just want comfort, don't we?

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Great sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Great mattress. We got a half n half. Super comfy. My shoulder pains are literally gone. Will get another one for my kids. Delivery was very fast and easy to assemble.

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Absolutely amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I used to be in so much pain and wake up with sore back and hips. Always had a terrible nights sleep. This mattress is so comfortable, sleeping great now.

Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Was initially dubious seeing all the 5 star reviews on Product Review but the rating is justified. Very comfortabe with good support (my partner has back issues). A little on the warm side, waiting to see how we go when summer arrives in the tropics. Excellent value.

Annerley

• 6 helpful votes

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

My partner and myself are two different people I like a soft mattress and she likes a hard mattress so we ordered a half half from Sleeping Duck one side was firm the other side was medium and we found firm is not hard enough and medium is not soft enough so we contacted customer service and they sent out a soft and a extra firm piece of and we added it to the bed with the other two pieces and we will quite happy with the results the main reason I chose this mattress over the other cheaper ones because of the customer service and because you can modify it so I would highly recommend this bed to anybody

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

This is perfect! I can't live without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I had Sleeping duck recommended to me and now I recommend to everybody. The most comfortable and supportive mattress I've ever slept on. Every night's sleep is as good as the first. I feel as though I'm sleeping on clouds.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Comfort, value and service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Very happy with Sleeping Duck. Mattress is very comfortable and great value. Free delivery to regional location, follow up and customer service are all remarkable. Can highly recommend if you are looking for a new mattress and base.

Upsizing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Everything about sleeping duck was great. Ordering was easy. Delivery was super quick and the delivery guy was great. The mattress is very comfortable. This is the second duck we have invited into our home and we can't speak highly enough of them.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

2 month review of our Sleeping Duck

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

I am getting good restful sleep with no lower back soreness. My partner thinks she is rolling into the middle, and occasionally wakes with lower back soreness but minimal compared to our previous mattress.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

LOVE this Mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Having no choice but 'mattress in a box' due to our stairs I began the journey to find one. We started with one that seemed 'on paper' to be just the same as Sleeping duck - it wasn't and began to sag within 2 months. Then went to a well known Foam mattress that gave both of us neck/shoulder and back pain. Thinking we would never find our perfect bed we tried Sleeping Duck - we did change from the medium (which was by far better than previous mattresses - but not perfect) to firm and now we are in LOVE. Best night sleep I have had in years. Neck and Lower back pain has vanished!! Looking at buying one for my son's bed now :)
Thank you Sleeping Duck... excellent product matched with awesome customer service!

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

My new Sleeping Duck mattress is warm, cosy, comfortable and supportive. I can't believe I am sleeping so well and waking up pain free! Thank you Sleeping Duck, I will be recommending you to my friends .

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Warm & Cosy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

This is the first winter since we bought the mattress. No more back problems, and better still, no need for electric blanket...very comfortable. Do I throw/give away the blanket? Or store it, just in case?

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

I'm impressed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

What is good:
- Very comfortable (ordered medium firmness), sleep quality has improved after an old IKEA mattress
- Customer service is very responsive

What can be improved:
- Delivery service isn't reliable (at least for additional items, e.g. firmness layer): they didn't show up on the initial due date of delivery and failed to communicate the reasons for that
- Mattress box has only 2 wheels, so moving it isn't an easy task. Should've added another pair of wheels

• 15 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Wife loves it I get hip pain too firm

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

We have had the king medium for 3 months, wife loves it best sleep she has had, no partner disturbance, I'm a restless sleeper anyway but I found I was waking with hip pain, contracted the company who sent out new foam, softer, it was easy to install, I must say it's a clever concept, I didn't really notice any difference though. As my wife loved it I added a soft topper (memory foam) helped marginally but still have hip pain and I don't feel this mattress is right so putting in the back room and will try a different brand. Process to buy was easy, delivery on time. On the reviews a few state they find it firm, perhaps they should offer a soft topper as some other companies do. I am on the light side weight wise and mattresses such a personal thing, my wife is light as well but loves it but gives me hip pain. Go figure. Quality seems very good and really with a 100 day return is worthwhile trying. It is really heavy, watch the video for unpacking, i would have returned it but we needed another mattress for the spare room.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Getting better every night!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Our Sleeping Duck is very comfortable. We have different firmness levels and zones on each side, which is brilliant. Customer service has been helpful and responsive.
Only issue is the weight of the mattress when changing the linen.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Best Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

At 45 years old I have had many mattresses over the years, but NEVER have I experienced a mattress as good as the Sleeping Duck. It is that good we brought one for our son (King Size, same as ours), and recommended it to our neighbour who also brought one (King Size) and they love it. Seriously best nights sleep we have all had in forever. Thank you Sleeping Duck your mattresses are the best.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

The best investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Trust me! Invest in a good nights sleep. I absolutely love my sleeping duck matress. I went from a 4/10 sleep to a 10, easy. Affordable and bloody comfortable. I would highly recommend.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Had the mattress about 14 months and very pleased so far. About 3 months ago my wife decided she wanted the medium mattress not the firm (she is decisive by nature). We received out firm/medium hybrid mattress very promptly and peace reigns once again in the bedroom. Only question now is the longevity of the mattress as it had ticked all the other boxes.

1 of 62 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Is sleeping Duck mattress suitable for adjustable bed?

MARIJA Brnic asked on Jun 10, 2018

Hi Marija,

Unfortunately, our Sleeping Duck Pro mattress is not compatible with adjustable beds.
This is primarily due to the pocket spring design used in the mattress. Traditionally foam mattresses are the most compatible with adjustable bases so our Lite mattress is an option you may want to explore.

Kind regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Hello I am looking for the ikea hidrasund mattress ,,,,does it exist? I just looked at it in the ikea store in Richmond but can't find it online Thanks Neil

Neil asked on Jun 04, 2018

Hi Neil,
Not sure about the stock at Ikea, but we are located directly across the road.
Feel free to come over for a visit and try out our mattresses!
Team Sleeping Duck

how long does a AH Beard mattress medium strength last? Does performance affected by time regardless of usage? eg less frequently used mattress (your mattress) will lose it's performance capability just as much as the more frequently used mattress (your mattress) over 10 years? Please respond urgently. Thanks. Orawan

orawan asked on May 24, 2018

Answer this

Good question. I’m not sure as it is relatively new. I’m a heavy bloke though and I don’t feel any change every sleep. There is. 120 day return or something like that if you not satisfied
Hope this helps

Hi Orawan,

I'd recommend getting in touch with the brand directly. Sorry, we're unable to help out with these questions as we only sell Sleeping Duck products.

If you have any questions about Sleeping Duck then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,