Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2015

3 years and still going strong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Great mattress, really comfortable. We've had it for 3 years now and it's still going strong. Have not noticed at change in shape. You can pick between different firmness options when you order.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, especially 3 years after your initial purchase! We're so happy to hear that your mattress is still going strong. However don't hesitate to get in touch, we're always here to help! :)

Sooooooo comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Waking with less pain in my shoulders and back. Definitely recommend for anyone with pain. It's very supportive but also feels super comfortable. I haven't noticed it changing in quality since it arrived in late October.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thank you for the review Dawn! It's great to hear that we've helped you sleep a little more comfortably, while still getting that all important support. :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Changed my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

The most awesome bed I have ever had. I'm so glad I've discovered The Sleeping Duck... my sore hips have gone and both my hubby and I feel so much better in the mornings. Our cat also loves the new mattress and is reluctant to move off in the mornings. The mattress is keeping its form/shape perfectly. The "new" smell has gone after about 4 weeks...but it didn't bother me in the first anyway and I have a very sensitive nose.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Candice, Thank you for your review! Sore hips can be tricky to fix, and we're glad that your Duck has helped. While we design our beds for people, we're always happy to hear when it is als... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Mattress delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Have not slept on the mattress yet. It is still in a box in the garage. Not sure now i will get in to the bedroom.
delivery guy dumped at front door and told me he cant enter the house. What an joke It is 50 kg and we are over 60 years old. Wish they explained this when I put the order in. I was quite discussed with the whole way it was delivered. the worst I have encountered.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Brizzygrl, Thank you for your review regarding your delivery. As part of our free delivery service the couriers are only able to deliver to the front door, for OH&S reasons. We can usually arr... read more »

I have had a lot of heavy furniture delivered to my house over the last 3 weeks. No other company has refused to bring it inside the house. I think it is very poor you have picked a very lax comp... read more »

Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Brizzygrl, We definitely do not want our customers getting injured or hurt trying to move our items into the house. This is why we ask that if you need additional delivery help to get in touc... read more »

Aches are gone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

My back aches are gone! I bought another new mattress recently which I thought was comfortable but I continued to get back pain. Now I don’t feel any pain. I have a firm sleeping duck in my spare room and the medium I sleep on every night

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thank you for the review and 5 stars Rebecca! We're glad that your Duck has helped make your backache a thing of the past. :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Good Mattress at a good price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

The mattress arrives in a box with wheels for easy movement and is in a vacuum pack. My wife and I, both in our late seventies, had no trouble moving it around and getting onto the bed base. The instructions for unpacking were easy to follow.
The mattress is firm without being hard and we feel we have received value for our money. I have a dodgy back and find the mattress has really helped getting a better sleep with greatly reduced back stiffness in the morning.
We also got one of their pillows which is proving to be really comfortable.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Tom, We're so happy to hear that the mattress has been helping you get a better sleep, as well as our pillow! Our mattress boxes aim to make movement of the mattresses as easy as possible, an... read more »

BEST MATTRESS!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

I hadn't heard of Sleeping Duck before, but I came across them when I was researching a mattress I'd tried out in a big box retail store. I don’t live near either of the showrooms so I was nervous to buy a mattress online without trying it out first, but the 100 night guarantee and great reviews I’d read eased my mind. Sleeping Duck do mention that it can take some time to get used to a new mattress, but from the minute I crawled into bed on the first night I was in love! I bought the Sleeping Duck Pro firm mattress. The firmness is perfect for me and it has an amazing comfort level as well, I feel like I’m sleeping on a cloud. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made and would highly recommend!

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Lyndal, thank you for the detailed review! We're glad to hear it was love at first sleep. :)

Great mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We came from a reasonably hard mattress to the softer duck and being side sleepers we are loving it. So far it seems as structural as a normal inner spring but far more comfy and has eased some shoulder pain I got from the old mattress. I did have to insert a few more slats in the base to ensure the gaps were compliant (<60mm from memory). Very happy with the purchase.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thanks for the review James! We're glad to hear that the Duck has helped with your shoulder pain, and appreciate you adjusting your bed base -supportive mattresses need support too! :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

I haven't even opened it and I'm already regretting this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

The mattress wont come up to your apartment, it's bloody heavy, and they don't offer a mattress removal service like most of the other mattress companies. Not off to a good start after an hour lugging it up to our apartment, hurting my back and now having to spend more time figuring out how to remove my current mattress. Not what you'd calla premium service.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a great delivery experience. Our standard, free delivery service is to the front door only (or to the front entrance of multi-level buildings). ... read more »

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Really comfortable mattress and I can sleep through the night now. Used to have body aches with the previous mattress and kept waking up throughout the night but now this mattress is so good.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thank you for the review Jen! We're glad that you're sleeping better on your new Duck. Of course if there's anything else we can help with, always let us know. :)

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Mostly Happy. Excellent service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

The Sleeping Duck Pro was the only zone customisable hybrid offering. However, as a side sleeper and coming from a plush pillow-top mattress, more shoulder cushioning in the top layer would be beneficial.
Otherwise, sleep quality has improved.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Phil, thank you for getting in touch and sharing your feedback! It's great that your sleep quality has improved overall, but we're sorry to hear about your shoulder. Please be sure to keep us up... read more »

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Very pleased with my purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I heard of Sleeping Duck from a friend who had bought a mattress, and thought I'd check them out. I tried out the bed at one of their showrooms, and found that I felt most comfortable on the hard mattress (originally thinking I would want a medium level of firmness). I ordered both a mattress and bed base.
Delivery was smooth, and I put the bed together with a couple of friends.
After more time I'm still really happy with the hard mattress, but it's still nice to know I can rely on the 100-day guarantee of swapping the firmness or even returning the bed if it had been a bad fit.
Definitely no regrets six weeks in.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thank you for the feedback and review Nicole! Definitely let us know if you do need to make a switch -even just to try out something a little different to see if it suits you better. We're here to help! :)

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

We made the correct choice!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Previous mattress was a firmish expensive Seeley posturepedic but it was 15+ years old. Always woke up with a very sore back, we are both side sleepers. Went for the soft/medium and very pleased, have never woken with a sore back, miracle! Even my wife is pleased with mattress but we are still both poor sleepers but that will never change. We do sleep better with the Duck.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thanks for the 5 stars and your review Trebo! It's great to hear that we've helped improve the sleep of even the more uncomfortable side-sleepers out there. :)

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Exceptional customer service, buy with confidence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Well, I was one of those few customers that returned our Sleeping Duck Pro mattress. You might be wondering why the 5 star review? My view is that just because the product didn't suit my wife and I doesn't mean it wouldn't suit countless others. We tried an alternative firmness but unfortunately it just wasn't for us. What surprised me was how understanding the customer support team were and how easy the return process was. There are many companies out there that don't deliver on their brand promise and Sleeping Duck certainly isn't one of them. They have been excellent and you can buy with confidence.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Paul, We truly appreciate your honest review. We know that while our mattress won't suit everyone, we definitely want to try and help as many people as we can. We're sorry it didn't work out, ... read more »

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

No Regrets...should have purchased one sooner.❤

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I suffer from back and neck pain. Our new mattress arrived on Tuesday and have only slept on it for two nights so far...but what a difference. Slept like a baby and was able to get out of bed pain free. Prior to purchasing our Sleeping Duck, we shopped around at the usual bedding stores and had actually ordered another brand. I just wasn't happy with our purchase. Came home read the reviews...not even 2 stars and the comments were not very nice. Then I started reading the reviews on Sleeping Duck. Decision made - Sleeping Duck it was. Do not regret it one bit. As for the customer service, just like our new bed EXCEPTIONAL. Thank you Belinda your customer service skills are to be commended. P.s. I will be purchasing 2 more for my children.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Hulya,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review.

We're so happy to hear that you're loving your new Duck, and service to boot! We look forward to helping your children find the same amazing sleep. :)

Team Sleeping Duck ♥

Worth it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Great mattress. It is for my daughter and I sleep on in sometimes because it is so comfortable and cosy. Right amount of softness and support. I love it. Worth it and I am sure my daughter will enjoy sleeping on it for many, many years.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thanks for the review Jeni. We're so glad that you've tested it too, after all mattresses need to be parent approved! We hope she enjoys it for many years, but we'll always be here if you have any questions. :)

Team Sleeping Duck

Sleeping Well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Purchased the medium firmness mattress which arrived within 4 days. I was happy, however, a little too soft for my partner. Contacted Sleeping Duck to organise the firm mattress which arrived in 4 days. Partner is very happy with the firmer mattress and i was able to keep the medium. Great service and able to suit both of use. Slightly more expensive than its competitors, however, offered flexibility. No fuss or additional cost until we were happy...great service Sleeping Duck.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Thank you for the feedback Tony. We're so glad that you were both able to find the right nights sleep. We think there's some things that people shouldn't have to compromise on, like mattresses!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Couldn't be any happier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

My wife and I were looking to get a new mattress as we'd had the old one for a very long time. We went to all the usual bed and mattress shops and were surprised to find that to get a really comfortable mattress, it was looking like costing over $10K! We'd pretty much resigned ourselves to having to pay through the nose for the mattress which, granted, would come down to more like $5K after the various offers. Anyway, while looking for a review for the mattress we'd chosen I happened across many reviews for Sleeping Duck. At first I was sceptical, but I thought, "all these reviews can't be wrong", so we went to a show room in Melbourne and tested the mattress. It was awesome! Equally as good as the $10K+ ones we'd be testing and for a much more reasonable price. Needless to say we bought one!

A few months on now and we are still thrilled with our purchase, we won't be buying mattresses from anywhere else ever again!

Customer service was outstanding as well, really efficient and with a personal touch. We took advantage of swapping one of the sides for firm, and its really worked out for my wife. I can't think of any other company I've dealt with that has customer service to this high standard.

Great work Sleeping Duck, I wish you all every success!

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Richard. Thank you for the amazing review! We're glad we could save you some money and help you both find a comfortable night sleep. It sounds like that firmer side has worked a treat!

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 24 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

At last, the perfect mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Like a lot of people I imagine, I was reticent to start hunting for a new bed and paying out over $2000 for a bed I might not like. Then I found Sleeping Duck and their 100 day guarantee and customisation for free. I have to agree with most of the reviews here, this bed is just perfect! From the first night after getting into the Sleeping Duck bed, I felt just wonderful comfort. My old mattress had a pillow top, but I would wake up every two hours to change position. With the Sleeping Duck, I wake up once a night (for biological reasons, I'm over 60) and sleep right through, waking up feeling rested and not wanting to get out of the bed!

My wife and I are both side sleepers, so we chose the medium firmness and I can honestly say, I don't feel any pressure anywhere. It's like floating on air, you are cushioned all around. The old bed has been relegated to the spare room for guests.

When it arrived in a box 6 feet long but only about a foot and a half square, I remember thinking "There's no way you can fit a mattress in there". However, once the vacuum sealed plastic bag was cut, out popped a full size mattress - I was impressed. Despite warnings that the mattress was heavy, the Sleeping Duck Pro is actually lighter than our previous mattress and it has handles to boot - a feature sorely lacking on all mattresses today.

We also purchased the Sleeping Duck base, which also arrived in a similar sized box. Hello, flat pack all over again, some assembly required. It did take me nearly two hours to assemble it, but it was easy to do following the enclosed instructions.

I can't rate this mattress highly enough, I've only been sleeping on it for three days and I look forward going to bed every night to sleep on this superb mattress. Well done, Sleeping Duck.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi George, Thank you so much for sharing your experience and writing such a thorough review! It's great to hear that you and your wife are sleeping soundly on your new Duck. We're glad that the b... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great comfort support and sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Support and comfort is wonderful, suffering arthritis this bed provides me with an enjoyable restful sleep. So comfortable I’ve purchased 2 more for family members who are also enjoying the benefits of a comfortable, supportive nights sleep.

Comments
Sleeping Duck Official

Hi Margaret! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear that your family are all enjoying their Ducks! :)

1 of 65 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Hi. I have read in your FAQ that an appropriate slatted bed base must have "grounded support for the mattress throughout the middle of the mattress.." and "the distance between the slats is less than 8cm". My current king size ensemble bed base consists of x2 king single slatted bases - which would provide the required support throughout the middle of the mattress. The slats are not exposed and the entire base is covered with a black woven fabric but i can feel that each slat is wrapped in a thin layer of foam. By pressing into this foam to find the timber edge, I've worked out there is a gap of 9cm between each wooden slat. Would this gap be acceptable if I were to buy the Duck Pro mattress? My king single bases are in near new condition so sorry, I won't be ripping it apart to take photo's of the slats for you to assess. Kind regards, Christine

tommygee asked on Oct 07, 2018

Hi Christine,

Apologies for the late reply!

I'd recommend sending us through some pictures of the bed base in question to info@sleepingduck.com with the above information so our engineer can assess your bed base. They will be able to confirm whether or not it is suitable, and if not what modifications would need to be made.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Hi Can we use the sleeping duck mattress on our wooden slat bed frame... it's a lovely good quality frame and don't want to part with it. Thanks Karen

Kaz asked on Sep 15, 2018

Answer this

Yes, I use mine on a slat bed

Hi Karen,

It would be best if you could get in touch directly. Send some photos and the size of your bed frame to info@sleepingduck.com
We'll have the Engineer look over it and ensure it has the correct support needed for the Sleeping Duck mattress.

What we are checking is the number of slats, distance between the slats, centre support beams and supporting legs. It's best to remove your mattress from the frame so that you can capture this clearly!

We look forward to hearing from you!
Team SD :)

Can someone who has had this mattress for three years or longer please tell me what it is like with longer use? Most reviews seem to be from people who've just purchased one.

Mignonne??? asked on Jul 22, 2018

Hi Mignonne???,

Of course I cannot give you any guide for long term use as we only purchased the Mattress this year, but as I did the research and noted that the company's inception began in 2014 it would be difficult to guarantee that the bed would be proven to last for the 10 years that the warranty covers.
However, the clever guys that came up with the idea have claimed the rigorous testing that was put into the mattress's longevity had brought them to the conclusion that a 10 year warranty was appropriate for them to offer customers.

In my personal opinion after purchasing some duds in the past 20+ years, I have not found a bed this comfortable to start with and felt that 'what was I losing if I didn't give it a try'?
Read carefully the warranty details if you haven't already, also Winston and Selvam's "About us" history is worth a look too.
Another thing I have noted is that they must be doing an O.K. business as I have not seen any television advertising of which usually is an indicator, to me anyway, that they don't need to reach the larger audience, they are doing well enough without it.

As I have said, the duds we've purchased over the years were disappointing and very, VERY expensive, the only warranties offered were 1 year, so we were more than happy to pay less than $2,000 for a bed and base, delivered to our home free of charge with 100 days free trial + 10 year warranty; Well, it sold it for us anyway.

Hope this is of some help to you in making a decision,

Kind regards and happy bed hunting,

Sue-anne.

Hi Sue-anne,
Thanks SO much for such a comprehensive reply. That was very good of you - and restored my faith in human nature!
It truly helps with the decision making.
Best regards,
Mignonne

Hi, we’ve had ours since 2014 and still very happy with it.

Cheers, Nicki