Filter By:

Palm Beach

• 2 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Just terrible for on time pickup

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

May not be SmartSends fault, but as they are the ones that everyone has first contact with, it has to lie at their feet that the couriers do NOT pickup on time, ever!!

Just not worth the time and waiting days upon days for a courier to show up is ridiculous way to run a business.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Sandman,
Can you let me know the consignment number for this issue so I can check on this for you. Thank you.

Addressing courier issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Smartsend are always very attentive and helpful when a courier fails to collect ... not Smartsend's fault but they take ownership of the problem. Always appreciated!

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Stuart. Appreciate your comments.

MELBOURNE

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Unbelievably poor customer service!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Have been using Smart Send for years. I stopped for a while but was lured back by their cheap prices and contact from their sales people promising better service and offering me VIP status. VIP...what a joke! Recently the service has hit an all time low. They don't collect on time, don't offer any reason for their poor service, refuse to speak on the phone and ignore emails they don't want to respond to. The frustration reached a point where I've had to ask Paypal to step in and refund the payment of my latest non-pick up as I don't ever want to use this company again. Truly one of the worst companies to deal with in Australia.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Steve, I'm sorry to hear of the recent issues you have had with our service. Can you let me know the consignment number/s where you encountered problems so I can investigate further? Thanks Steve.

cpanfdz0597350

Smart Send Official

Thanks Steve. I can see via the ticket that the communication was after hours. We do provide support up to 8pm however after 5pm we can't resolve any pickup issues with the carriers unfortunately... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Dishonest and unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I have been waiting three days for something to be delivered. I have tried contacting Smart Send but their IM service is always offline, no matter what time of the day, and they don’t ever seem to respond to it anyway. I’ve had three different delivery advices, all of which were not adhered to and it now turns out that they didn’t even pick the item up from the vendor until the day after they advised me it would arrive. On top of this they have now handed the delivery off to Australia Post, so my supplier is being charged a courier fee (passed on to me) even though they aren’t even delivering it. I have had no joy contacting them, and have made the decision to never buy from anyone who uses Smart Send as their courier, as they are just too unreliable and their customer service is non-existent. It hasn’t taken much searching to find a lot of sellers on Ebay who are very unhappy with their service too.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Manfa, sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced here. Can you let me know the ticket number for your communication with us so I can follow up to find out what has occurred here? Also y... read more »

IM - instant messaging. I guess if you don’t know what it is, that would explain why you don’t respond to it (although it still begs the question of why you have it on your website). My tracking ... read more »

Smart Send Official

Ok thanks Manfa. We don't have Instant Messaging on our site. That is why I was wondering what you meant? I've checked the ticket you lodged with us and can see we replied to you 7 minutes after ... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Worst ever courier service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

Terrible service. Delivery drivers do not knock on the door. Do not leave cards. Do not notify customers in any way that parcel delivery was attempted or that it is available for collection. Then returns parcel to sender and expects customer to foot redelivery cost. Rubbish! Do not use these guys!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Louis, I am sorry to hear of some issues you have experienced with Smart Send. Can you let me know the Smart Send consignment number/s or ticket numbers with our Customer Service team and I wil... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Customer Service is terrific for a logistics company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

We send packages all around Australia daily and packages are nearly always collected and delivered on time. It's impossible to give 100% when relying on multiple variables outside of company's control and when delays occur, Smartsend are typically very helpful and polite.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Ok great thank you Joy.

Efficient and affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

I sent a package same day and it was ordered online easily, picked up a smidge earlier than expected (great!) and the support desk were very helpful when I had questions, nothing was too much trouble.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thank you, happy we could help.

Postage time excellent,

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Just a bit of miss communication let this transition down a bit but you were quick to put it right so it got there in the end
Many thanks

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Alex. Glad we got it sorted.

Adelaide

• 7 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

be careful, they can bill you additional insane shipping charge, you need to check carefully

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

I just edited this review, their sales saved from 1 star
great sales support, horrible account.
Their account won't read and care what you write to them, so i am still on fence with Smart Send.
You need to be careful they might send you another insane additional shipping charge after few weeks.
Make sure you double check and do the comparison.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi,
Happy to look into this further for you. Can you email us at support@smartsend.com.au with the consignment number so I can review.
Thank you.

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Very simple and convienient to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

First time a delay in pickup but was quickly fixed with a quick message to Fast Send , prompt reply to my question

Comments
Smart Send Official

Great thanks Gus. Glad we could help out.

Fast and reliable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Easy to use website.
Excellent follow up service.
1 day delivery from Perth. WA to Adelaide. Amazing.
Bike turned up in perfect condition.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks for the positive feedback Mark.

Great service and price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I've used this service several times and have never had a problem. I usually use Smartsend when I have sold items on eBay.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Gavin. Happy we can be of assistance when required.

Smart Send

Very quick response when it comes to customer serive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I message Smart Send in regards to disabling the B2B option on my account and they took action within 10 mins which is amazing.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Hussein.

Ever reliable service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I have used Smartsend for both collecting packages and for delivering on my behalf and it is always a fast, reiable service with accurate tracking.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Tim. Glad we can be of assistance.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

Make 'u' turn and avoid!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I used smartsend courier service for around 10 years and I had experience in dealing with this service and I have arranged hundreds of deliveries with them.
At the time there were negative feedback online about this service, especially in relation to ‘missed pickups,’ delays etc.
I was aware of the issues, but I used them predominantly due to a low delivery cost.

If I look retrospectively there was almost every second or third delivery plagued by some sort of issue.

Most of the time the item was not picked up or being collected at scheduled day, or it would be picked up at wrong time (if you booked morning pickup it would be picked up during afternoon or vice versa).
I would not directly criticize smartsend for all pickup and other customer related issues, because they use different subcontractors ('carriers'), but at the end of the day your complete satisfaction or dissatisfaction depends on your overall experience as a customer, and if you have issues with delays or missed pickup and you need to email this service all the time it would not lead to satisfactory customer outcome and it would inevitably lead to frustration and sometimes even anger.

Strangely enough it was almost considered as a ‘normal practice’ for them to re-book and reschedule for another day, after missed pickup, because it happened often.

Sometimes delivery would be re-booked for the next day and it would still not be picked up if the driver missed collection again, so it was continuous saga and lot of stress and frustration involved.

Certainly not something one would desire or expect.

If you booked an interstate delivery and you have not sent additional emails to remind them about your booking there was a chance that your goods would still be potentially uncollected.

You have to email this service frequently, which is time consuming, and you need to check your parcel status online all the time, and even than you do not know when, and if your goods are going to be picked up at scheduled time.

I used this service because they are one of the cheapest courier services available in Australia, but it comes with a cost.

There is no telephone line, so if anything goes wrong with your consignment, and this is not uncommon, you could not contact this service directly, and you need to rely on their email system which is far from ideal.

Also if you correspond via email with smartsend personal you have very limited options in terms of what you could do, if you arrange and book delivery yourself and there are issues with pickup, or delay or anything similar.

I had some senders pleading on me to send someone to pick up the parcel because they could not wait any longer, but there was very little I was able to do to resolve the situation apart from asking assistance from the smartsend service.
Sometimes it was working in same cases, and in some cases it was not, and delivery would have to be re-booked for another day.

Also I need to add that consignment system is not very customer friendly because, if you are receiver of goods and you are arranging delivery you need to email consignment label to the sender, and sometimes I had issues with consignment labels not being received by the sender due to an internet or commutation issues, incorrect email address and similar, or consignment label was not attached on the parcel on time, because they do not email consignment labels to both sender and receiver when bookings are made.

Just one side would receive consignment label namely the person who is arranging delivery.

I find this consignment system not overly user friendly.

I must admit there is a well trained and polite personal, but to reply ‘we are sorry for any inconvenience caused’ or ‘we apologize for delays’, or 'when would you like to re-book' does not make much sense or make much difference for somebody waiting 2-3 days for the parcel to be picked up from it’s residence or office.

Also I must note that this service is keen and fast to penalize customers for anything from inadequately packaged parcels to missed pickup or anything else relating to the long list of customers obligations.

There is a list of customer obligations when it comes to what customer need to do in order to avoid potential penalties and penalties are routinely imposed, if you breach anything from the list.
It would be very nice if the service obligations towards customers were outlined on the same way.
It would also be positive if they were so keen and fast in compensating some of disgruntled customers for the missed scheduled pickups, time wasted in futile waiting for driver which was not to be seen and other potential issues.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Radan, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. I'd like to look into your comments further. Could you email me at support@smartsend.com.au with thes... read more »

Hello Steve, As you might know I had hundreds of transactions and pickups during prolonged period of using your delivery services. I still keep considerable number of emails on my system. I would c... read more »

Ok thanks Radan.

FANTASTIC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Fantastic service AND price with Smart Send. So grateful Steve contacted me to consider Smart Send to be representatives freight company for my online store. Easy navigation, simple spec entry, various optional payment method to book courier.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Maria, thank you for the positive feedback. Glad we can assist.

Chris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Great prices and exceptional service. We will continue to use Smart Send for all of our freighting needs. Keep up the good work.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Glad we can be of assistance Elizabeth.

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Fast reply and overall reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Parcel wasn't picked up on Wednesday afternoon. But after emailing and a prompt reply. The courier came in the next morning.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Jeff. Glad we could fix the problem with the courier.

Eden

• 3 helpful votes

Worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

First time using smart send and what an absolute joke this company is. Packaged was booked in for Tuesday pick up, which would be perfect as the item was required for the weekend.
Wednesday afternoon comes and I check the tracking number on my package but it comes up “no scans Made”.
Decided to email the company to find out what was happening with my package. After passing on the items details I received an emails stating they would get back to me shortly as they had to contact the driver to see where my package was. Thursday morning comes and still had no reply, so decided to check the tracking number which is now showing the item has just been picked up. After finally hearing back from customer service, there was no apology, or even explanation when there was a delay on the pickup on my item. After multiple emails with customer service trying to find a solution to get my package by the weekend I’m left feeling frustrated and offended.
Smart send your customer service is an absolute joke, I spoke to 3 different people, over email, as they will not let you call, and everyone off them was rude and made snide comments.
After all this there final comment, mid conversation is “sorry we can’t help, have a great weekend”
This is following my 5+ emails stating how this item was only ordered for this weekend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi John, I'd like to look into this further for you as this is certainly not the level of customer service we strive for. Can you let me know the consignment number for your booking and I'll revie... read more »

Impressive service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Recently couriered a few boxes across Australia and I can't rate SmartSend highly enough. Efficient (delivery time was 3 business days), cost effective and super easy to book through the online form. Plus the online customer service team responded to my questions within minutes and were genuinely helpful. Thanks

1 of 66 pages