Filter By:

TOP SHELF SERVICE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Easy to book on line /picked up as stated/
Good old fashioned service No Hassels / No dramas great to deal with.and easy to follow transport of goods from Perth to Yass NSW

Smart send is the way to go

Thanks for great service once again

Danny
Perth WA

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Danny. Appreciate the feedback.

HOBART

No pick up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Booked. Got Consignment note to stick on Box. Date & Time were organised. No one came. No one called. They were so quick in claiming the payment though, same day!!!!

They don't have phone for us to call?

What kind of business is that?

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Farida, Can you let me know the consignment number for your booking so we can investigate this pickup issue with the carrier further please. Also you can lodge a ticket with Smart Send via the ... read more »

Melbourne

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Products were damaged and returned back to me.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I sent jars which I wrapped in bubble wrap. Box was returned to me in a new box and two of the jars the were dented and all the fluid leaked out. When I asked for a explanation of what happened got told the depots are too busy. But someone has repacked the box as my original box has disappeared. Got told cos it was good nothing they could do about it. The box must of been handled poorly if the depot repacked it in a new box.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Sharon,
I am sorry to hear of this issue with your shipment. Can you let me know the consignment number for the shipment so I can look into this further?
Thank you.

Here is the connote number CPANFDZ0617563

Smart Send Official

Thanks Sharon. I have reviewed this and can see some of the product was damaged in transit by the carriers and returned to you. At this peak time of year before Christmas there is an increase in ... read more »

Brooklyn

Waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

They failed to pick up the parcel for 2 days and as result i had to cancel booking and pay premium to send it via Express Post.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Jsk,
Can you let me know the consignment number for your booking so I can investigate further. Thank you.

LF0000708398

Smart Send Official

Thank you. I have reviewed the issue on this booking and unfortunately it comes down to the carrier used (Fastway) struggling with extremely high pickup and delivery volumes at this time of year. ... read more »

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Courier didnt show up ontime 1 out of 3 times, closed account when they asked me to pay for the buye

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Package was picked up late many times had to wait for nothing.
When I sold something overseas, they made me pay for the import duties. When I said I am not paying as it is the buyers responsibility, they wouldn't take no for an answer. They blocked my account. Stay away from them. I recommend you finding another courier company thats more reputable.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi, can you let me know the consignment number for the missed pickup and the import duties issue so we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

A great company to deal with. A number of their friendly staff went out of their way to keep me up to date on the status of my parcel, on the weekend!! Talk about above the call of duty.
Kudos to all at Smartsend

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thank you Stevo, glad we could be of assistance at this trying time of year.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

No one contact, no contact number, very slow service unreliable, do not use it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I order to pick up over week end to pick up Monday, when I check with tnt as the invoice show, the tnt has no cue about the quote number and told me the no. Is not exist as no arrangement for pick up for sure!!

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Jibbi,
Can you let me know the consignment number and I will investigate further for you. Thank you.

Smart Send

Oh.. the problem is now fix very quick.. thank you

Smart Send Official

Ok great to hear Jibbi. Thank you.

Brisbane

Unreliable & appalling service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I have been waiting for a delivery unfortunately all i am seeing is since it arrived in Brisbane 14th November {Your parcel is at the 'Brisbane' depot ready for delivery in the next available cycle.999} this is really frustrating, if this company cannot provide the service required why on earth as they still being utilised. Last communication was this items ins now under investigation. After 24 hrs of dealing with smart send and fast ways FAST WAYS no change.
Contracted courier company is a joke. Lack of communication between both companies.
Never again buyers please beware...

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Col, can you let me know the consignment number for this issue so I can investigate further. Thank you.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Next Day = Next Week

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Next Day paid for and ends up Next Week!! Costing the Retailer a sale in the process!! BEWARE

My parcel was collected and paid for as a next day delivery on Monday the 12/11/2018, No parcel all day Tuesday 13/11/2018 (the Next day), No parcel all day Wednesday. I rang the sender midday Thursday 14/11/2018 and he finds out they lost my address some how. It was there when they picked it up and affixed a label to the parcel he told me, but they sat on the parcel for almost 3 days with no thought of contacting anyone.
The parcel was finally loaded for delivery at 6:32am Friday 16/11/2018. I waited till past 11:00am for it to turn up, it didn’t, so I left.
At 12:18pm I get a call from an unknown number which doesn’t leave a message. I rang back in 25min, 12:43pm, asking who it was and the driver hungs up on me. Suspicious, I get home at around 1:00pm and yes I was carded, We Missed You. Have to go through Fastway’s web site (SmartSends courier) to organise redelivery and the Next delivery slot is Tuesday next week the 20th of November.

They are at whole new level of ineptitude and consider their customers both sender and recipient as an inconvenience, apparently. They think nothing of wasting more than 2 whole days and then expect you to wait again for their convenience.

Smart Send’s customer support asks me for the Fastway consignment number (which was already entered upon first contact) when they apparently wanted their own Smart Send ID number, also provided as a Screen shot. They then smugly inform me for my future reference the Number is...

They can’t even work out which number they need or bother to look at their own system.

Having been waiting for almost a week for them to deliver next day, and then being insulted by their incompetence. When they asked me, when I wanted the parcel, I said Today. They still had 3 hours left and if not to return the item to the sender.
No item yet!
I have now told them I wish them to return this item to the send (loss of sale), to which their responce was they will only take direction form the sender, now. Poor dears, it’s all too much.

This is because they have no quality control or care and use the cheapest everytime who obviously don’t care or don’t know the item history ( SmartSend’s fault).

Just an observation: the courier company was Fastway (Slowway) and Smart Send (Dumb Send).

Moral of the story beware of the companies with words like Smart or Fast in their name, you seem to get the opposite.

This is pathetic and Shameful.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Crinoid,

Can you let me know the consignment number for this issue so I can investigate further. Thank you.

Smart Send

The SmartSend consignment number is 1D0000181185, the Fastway consignment number is CCA1001572074. The parcel was finally delivered to me on the 20/11/2018 and not Returned. The Sender, Parkdale Ca... read more »

Smart Send Official

Ok thanks Crinoid. I will have our Operations Director take a look at this via the ticket you lodged and get back to you via our Customer Service ticket.

Sender or Receiver: Sender

I LOVE Smart Send from customer service to prices. I won't use any other company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

As an e-commerce store I have used various freight forwarders. I use Smart Send for 99.99% of my parcels. Regional is the challenge with ANY freight co. Customer service is superior. Within 15 mins my emails are answered. So thrilled to have Smart Send and their couriers represent my business

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Maria. We appreciate your feedback and glad we can be of assistance for your business.

Missing Delivery - resolved

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

I'm sorry for the inconvenience the issue has been resolved. A member of staff had moved the parcel to an out of the way location which was not found till much later.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Ok great thanks for the update Ash.

Unbelievably unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

Not collected twice on the booked days. We arranged the items to be ready last week only to find they were not picked up on the scheduled day due to the pick up location being outside their serviced zone. You think this would have been mentioned at the time of the initial booking. We were not informed about this either, we had to chase up why it wasn’t collected ourselves. A new pick up location was booked for Monday and confirmed as within the serviceable area yet we were given no time parameters for when collection would occur on the day. For the second time, the courier never arrived as per our booking. We were given no reason or apology again as to why, it was left to us to chase up. Absolutely terrible service. Do not use if you want reliability. We have been hugely inconvenienced by something that should be so simple. Here’s hoping our items actually turn up!

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Kate, can you let me know the consignment number so I can look into this further. Thank you.

Adelaide

Still hopeless..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Booking made at 948 Am, Clearly shows on tracking and all paperwork a 12-4 Pm Pickup required.. A week later, no parcel delivered. VERY VERY ANGRY CLIENT. Go tot the trouble of tracking down consignment and tracking numbers as I'm working away from Office.. Tracking shows an attempt to pickup at 1016am.. Same day as booking.. A Clear 1 hour & 44 minutes before schedules time.. Why some will say that's great.. It would be if the parcel was ready and at said address at the time they came, however it wasn't there till 1130 in plenty of time for the booked 12-4 pickup.. No notification, no nothing from Fastway or Smart send.. Simply not good enough.. QJ0000349444 as I know you will ask. I've now requested immediate pickup and overnight delivery at your expense.. But bet you won't be bothered, clients come last it seems.. it seems every time we use you guys you stuff it up.. 4/4 wrong so far.. Won't be using you again. and certainly won't be recommending.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Brook, please accept our apologies with the issue on this booking. We will be discussing this with management at Fastway Couriers.

Smart Send

Not good enough. As expected smart send weren’t open to anything. No overnight. Package when finally picked up took another 3 days to arrive. Absolute shiteful service. Even Australia post could ... read more »

Deceptive practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Boxes picked up and delivered no issues. 6 weeks later i get a bill showing my boxes were over the size I listed and an extra bill. Not the first time this has happened. The measurements were so far off mine to be ridiculous. But as I have only a photo of weight and not measurement of all dimensions they got me again. Cheap prices? but deceptive practices..

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Sam,
Can you let me know the consignment number for your booking please?

Top all round service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

Smart Send is an excellent & versatile courier service.
Very simple to use & you can get a quote in seconds with lots of different options.
I could never go back to just dealing direct with freight companies again.
Also in the rare event of a problem Smart Send support is fantastic.
A+++

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thank you. We appreciate the positive feedback.

Sydney

• 3 comments

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Terrible Service. Do not trust this company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I booked online with Smart Send for a pickup last Wednesday. In my case Smart Send used the carrier Fastway. The pickup window came and went with no sign of a courier. When I queried support they had no idea why the driver had not come and offered to rebook for the next day. I agreed but this meant rescheduling an appointment. Thursday window comes and goes with no sign of the courier. Again I followup and Smart Send tells me it has already been picked up. Except it is still sitting in my living room, and I had to send a picture to prove it. Smart Send promises to followup with the driver’s manager but I hear nothing. I keep following up and am getting nowhere. Then late Friday morning a CBD courier turns up with no notice and is asking for a package going to Homebush. Again I contact support and they say they organised this. No apology for not letting me know. Lucky I was home I guess. Reluctantly I hand it over and am wondering what tracking I am going to get on this considering they think it is already in transit. On Wednesday this week my customer contacts me to say he has received a parcel of rotting food from me and wants to know where his amplifier is. He sends pictures and I can see a label on the container with my name and address and my consignment number. I have never seen this parcel before. I immediately follow up with Smart Send and they promise that they will investigate. Then I get another reply that the parcel has been delivered. NO. It has not. When I look online I can see parallel lots of tracking for the my number which clearly shows two different parcels. The second I assume is my parcel but Smart Send have no idea. Support seems unable to follow the thread of this ticket and continually flip flop between telling me it has been delivered and telling my it's on it's way. I have to supply the consignment number yet again. Never an explanation as to what is going on. It’s like having a conversation with an internet chat robot. Now I am told it has been delivered, and still no explanation of the problem. I check online and tracking says it has been left unattended. But I paid for signed delivery. Again I contact support and all I get is that it has been left in a cubby house. Repeatedly I asked to be put through to a manager but that was never acknowledged either. I get in touch with my customer and he says he actually gave them permission to leave the parcel. Well I guess that's fine but why would Smart Send not simply tell me that. I pity the poor person whose Lite and Easy delivery got sent to Tasmania on my number. I understand that things go wrong occasionally but what this revealed is that Smart Send is unable or unwilling to give reasonable explanation or followup and their support system is a complete failure. All contact is by email only, and a different you get different people nearly every reply who do not seem interested in reading the full ticket. I will never again deal with this company. Fastway had already been in my bad books and I was given no choice in Smart Send using them. But Smart Send have layered a whole new level of incompetence on top of Fastway. Which is a recipe for disaster.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Goose,
Sorry about this issue.
Could you let me know the consignment number for this issue so I can investigate. Thank you.

QJ0000331344

Smart Send Official

Ok thanks Angus. I will respond to you via the Customer Service ticket shortly on the matter.

melbourne

Shocking experince

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

From Frankston Vic to Parkville Vic. 40 km in between.

3 Sep ; Booked for pick up 3 Sep 12-4pm, courier came at 10 am.
Contact them & they said courier would come back, but it did not happen. Asked again & the reply at 521pm said it was collected.

4 Sep: I went to work, the parcel was still there. Either some one lie & not follow up properly. No apology. Later I was asked the consignment number so that they could follow up. But the number was on the email title all the times!!

7 Sep: tracking stated recipient was not at home. But I asked recipient, he was home the whole day. Another lie.

12 Sep: Failed delivery again. Fastway (the courier they used) website stated time schedule was 730-9am, recipient waited till 1130am. Misleading information.

13 Sep: I suggest ONLY IF delivery failed again, re direct parcel to depot for collection. But no one really read email properly. Parcel was just left at depot.
I gave up. I will do the delivery myself & asked for refund & return to sender. In total, I asked 5 questions.

14 Sep: Chris replied, only answer 1 question: No refund. He simply ignored other 4 questions, no apology at all. He claimed the driver could not gain access & said ref to photo. No photo in email. He even addressed my name wrongly. Did any one actually read email propery?!
Later, he replied, mo apology, no answer to questions. Simply rude.

16 Sep: I went to deliver myself. Simple, press the bell on apartment block, recipient came out, done. What does “no access” mean? Another lie? I took pic.

19 Sep, I tracked, the parcel was in transit between Melbourne & Brisbane. I was based in Melbourne, the recipient was in Melbourne. Return to sender ending up to Brisbane. Is it a joke or revenge? Or, no one read thing at all.
Asked for reason, they said incorrect scan. On the box, there were sender’s & recipient’s addresses, again, no one chose to read.

24 Sep, at Melbourne depot

26 Sep, transit between Melbourne & Brisbane again. Wow.
When asked, first repose: blame me using a old carton box before checking
Later, admitted Fastway made an error. If it was checked properly the first time, it wouldn’t be sent back to Brisbane twice.

8 Oct, finally returned. So the total journey took more than a month, no delivery & returned to sender. The box was squashed & I can’t sell it now. Should I ask for compensation? But obviously they will say it’s not their fault.

Quite ironic, I bought something from Germany. Paid on 2 Oct & arrived on 9 Oct. 1 week from Germany. More than 1 month for a 40 km job

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi,
Can you let me know the consignment number for your booking so I can look into this further. Thank you.

1D0000165959

Smart Send Official

Thanks Chi. Yes upon reviewing this issue it seems this wasn't handled well by Fastway at all. We will discuss further with their management and I have also refunded the original freight charges ... read more »

Brisbane

• 3 comments

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Damaged shipment, would not honour insurance claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Smartsend broke instrument case in transport, I filed all photos showing obvious rough handling damage, every reason you could think of came back as excuses to avoid paying the claim, even provided photos from the sender showing undamaged item just before transport, but still more stonewall replies. This is obvious handling damage but no photos or sender statement, or delivery photos were accepted.
I have never had this problem with transport people in over 20 years of shipping near a thousand packages all around the world and locally. First and last time using this courier service, You are better off dealing directly with carriers than sub-contractors such as this one.

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Keith,

As discussed with you at length unfortunately there was no evidence that the goods were damaged in transit and your supporting evidence was not adequate. The claim was denied on this occasion unfortunately.

Smart Send

Point blank denial. There is photos from the seller before transit, a statement of condition from the seller, photos of the shipment on the day of delivery, photos of the damaged packaging, photos ... read more »

Hi Keith,

As advised during our discussions the information you provided was not adequate proof. The matter is now finalised.

Palm Beach

• 2 answers
  • 27 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Just terrible for on time pickup

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

May not be SmartSends fault, but as they are the ones that everyone has first contact with, it has to lie at their feet that the couriers do NOT pickup on time, ever!!

Just not worth the time and waiting days upon days for a courier to show up is ridiculous way to run a business.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smart Send Official

Hi Sandman,
Can you let me know the consignment number for this issue so I can check on this for you. Thank you.

Addressing courier issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Smartsend are always very attentive and helpful when a courier fails to collect ... not Smartsend's fault but they take ownership of the problem. Always appreciated!

Comments
Smart Send Official

Thanks Stuart. Appreciate your comments.

1 of 67 pages