Verified Purchase Model: ECF01BLAU (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Time poor? Love coffee?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

For nearly a year our SMEG espresso machine has provided consistently excellent morning (and afternoon) coffee
-Fast boil
-Easy use
-Easy clean
-Small and elegant
-Robust
-can handle cups to mugs

We'd highly recommend for time poor parents with full time jobs. The SMEG will help you start your day with a smile.

Comments
Smeg Official

Thank you for your positive review. We're glad your happy with your coffee machine.
Regards
Smeg

Cairns, Queensland

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: ECF01BLAU (Black) Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Enjoyable to use everyday and more economical.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Bought my beautiful Smeg Retro style coffee machine about one month ago and simply love using it every day - 3 times a day.
I enjoy good coffee at a fraction of the cost of my previous well known brand coffee machine.
So easy, quick to use and clean I wouldn't go back to the other machine I have.
The black is beautiful and suits my kitchen but love the look of the red as well.
Not a lot of info on how to use but all I can say is don't over think it.

Comments
Smeg Official

Hi HelenC - we love hearing about how much people love using our appliances ! Please keep in touch and if we can help in anyway please do not hesitate to reach out ! - Our Queensland head office te... read more »

Thank you for your message most reassuring to have a "helpline" if I need it.

• 4 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: ECF01RDAU (Red) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

This machine suits me perfectly, it is neat & compact, gorgeous retro styling but most of all makes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Very satisfied with the quality of coffee which is consistent, also temperature is exactly how it should be & milk frothing easy with great silky texture. Also love the retro design, very neat, doesn't take up too much bench space & very easy to clean. Overall a great little machine that is compact & reliable to produce delicious coffee.

Model: ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Cannot live without

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

This is by far the best coffee machine. It is easy to set - up, easy to use, easy to clean and in general perfect. Its an excellent addition to any family . Love the range of colours it comes in. Would love if it had a larger water tank. Heast coffee to a good temp and also the milk.

Corio, Vic

Verified Purchase Model: ECF01RDAU (Red) Date Purchased: May 2018

Love it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Love this. Purchased the smeg after my sunbeam got a bit long in the tooth. I love the fact it can be programmed. It’s a bit difficult at first to program but once you get the hang of it it’s great.

My only gripe with this machine is the milk frothed is a bit short. Other than that it’s great. Oh and the freebie pack by redemption was a nice surprise

Umina beach

Model: ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Like a pro

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Well this item in our kitchen is a focal point. Many colours to choose from. From the work go you have many choices of different coffee selections programs to choose from. Again not a cheap product, but you will not be disappointed. The milk steam and froffer is so powerful and the machine is so easy to clean. Looks smike in your kitchen.

Comments
Smeg Official

Hi Susan, first your fridge, then your Oven and now your Coffee machine!! - In my favourite colour as well :-) Glad that you like your coffee machine, it is a great way to start your day. Thanks again for your positive reviews. Smeg Australia.

Brisbane

• 1 review

Verified Purchase Model: ECF01RDAU (Red) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Beautiful coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Love this machine. It is stylish, very well made and easy to clean. Makes beautiful rich, full-bodied, italian style coffee - even from pre-ground coffee and ESE pods (illy). Will probably tamp coffee on weekends and just use the ESE pods on weekdays, it’s great to have that option. No more burnt bitter tasting coffee from popular pods just because it’s convenient. This machine ticks all the boxes. Many thanks!

Comments
Smeg Official

Hi Steve. Thanks for your review. I Love using the ILLY ESE pods as well. Enjoy!! SMEG AUSTRALIA.

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Daily essential!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Absolutely love this machine. We’ve had it for a fortnight and have used it daily. It’s exactly the same every day, very easy to use and clean and I’ve never had a machine extract so thoroughly the grounds are practically dry afterwards. I haven’t tried using the pods that can be used with it but I’m sure they’re fabulous too

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Smeg Official

Hi Sam G - thanks for your review. Personally, I love my coffee in the morning from my ECF01 - I use the pods, they are great as well. The pods are just the same as using the ground coffee, you jus... read more »

Do you have any brands you can recommend for the pods? I’ve never used pods and am worried about getting something incompatible. Would be good to have something for particularly rushed mornings rather than grinding beans (I like to grind fresh)

The brand ILLY ESE ( easy serve espresso ) pods are great :-) SMEG AUSTRALIA

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Use it everyday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Love love love love this coffee machine!
Wasn’t sure at first how it would work as it was much cheaper than any coffee machine I’d had before but it keeps up!
We use it everyday and it gives us perfect coffee every single time
We defiantly couldn’t live without it!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Smeg Official

Hi Hannah. Thanks for your review. It is great to read when our Customers are enjoying their products. SMEG AUSTRALIA

Model: ECF01BLAU (Black) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Love, love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

What a great little machine...I love the style and it makes a great coffee. I like the fact that you can use ground coffee as well as pods which make cleaning easier (coffee grounds are like toast crumbs - spread!) Not a great variety of pods available - tho have found some that I like which aren’t too expensive. It does what designed to do - great value, would buy another

Comments
Smeg Official

Hi Ali D glad to hear you are in love with your coffee machine ! They make great coffee and how beautiful do they look in your kitchen! Enjoy :-) SMEG AUSTRALIA.

• 18 helpful votes

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Does the same job as a machine twice as large

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Brilliant machine. Compact, stylish, never burns the coffee. Had a few issues tweaking it at first, so i emailed support and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Once I worked out where I was going wrong (operator error), it hasn’t skipped a beat. Have had it for 6 months, it does anywhere from 2-6 coffees per day and it is going strong. The small water reservoir is the only drawback, but now I use hot tap water to warm my cup, then tip it into the back before I make the coffee and that extends the time between fills.
I have the sunbeam grind fresh, and we prefer the #10 grind for use in this machine. I have had better success and nicer coffee if I don’t tamp it too hard.

• 6 helpful votes

Model: ECF01BLAU (Black) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

This little machine makes a fantastic cup of coffee for me every morning. I love the look of it, and its super easy to use once you work out everything from the user manual. I love that it doesn't use capsules - ground coffee tastes better and much less waste. I use the milk frother a couple of times a week and this always works well and is super quick.

Purchased at: Peter's of Kensington

Canberra

• 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

4 month review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

At this stage I'm happy with this Smeg in its ease of use, cleaning and the quality of the coffee. I don't use the milk heating function so can't comment on how that works. A good point about it is it has a small footprint in comparison to competitors of a similar quality and as such takes up a minimal area. It appears to be of a solid construction and doesn't move around much when loading given its size. No complaints at this time

Purchased at: David Jones

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great coffee machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Purchased the Smeg machine after repeated issues with boilers failing on Sunbeam product, super happy after one year, no problems makes a great coffee with excellent crema for the short black drinkers, did take a little getting used to milk frother as arm is quite short, so we went to a smaller jug, looks great, works great and no break downs 1 year of solid use

Purchased at: Myer

Eastwood, New South Wales, NSW

• 4 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Model: ECF01RDAU (Red) Date Purchased: May 2018

Help please!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Hello! I purchased this machine (RED) about 6 weeks ago now and it is a lovely looking little beastie and makes a very nice coffee! Unfortunately I am also having a problem with the ON/OFF switch being stuck in the "ON" position and initially thought it was something I would have to live with - after checking here on Product Review I see it appears to be a problem with some machines - aside from that it makes a nice coffee with an excellent crema - I purchased from Peters of Kensington (online) and unfortunately have no way of getting it back there as I don't drive a car and health problems - any help appreciated. I really do love the machine and SMEG products, have also bought and used your microwaves only over the past 10 years never having a problem with them and wouldn't consider another brand (hope I don't jinx myself!). I look forward to hearing from someone ... thank you ... APOLOGIES ... JUST REALISED I POSTED IN THE WRONG SECTION (should be Q&A) but it is a great little machine and would have given it 5 stars if the On/OFF button worked

Comments
Smeg Official

Dear v_williams, I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from t... read more »

Another user on here has since replied with what may be a "fix" for the problem which is the only fault I can find with the machine which is great! I will try that over the weekend and see how tha... read more »

Bulimba

• 2 answers

Model: ECF01RDAU (Red) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Just a solid espresso maker with style

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Great Crema and solid function
The quality of the coffee is determined by the type, quality, freshness of the beans- this machine performs perfectly and is a great tool to make a great tasting coffee commensurate with the quality of your beans. This machine used pressurised portafilter using E.S.E espresso pads or ground coffee and provides a far greater functionality to that of a capsule machine - the fact that it takes up so little space on my bench top and looks retro great ....is just a bonus

Model: ECF01RDAU (Red) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great Coffee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

It is easy to use and clean. The grouphead will take 13grams of ground coffee so still working on perfecting the grind as our last one took more.

There is a few options with this machine which we both like, we can set the level of coffee to suit to our taste (more or less water) and set the resulting water temperature.

My husband loves the frothing nozzle for his cappuccino.

I would recommend this machine for the options, warranty and the price.

Victoria

• 5 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Good looking machine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Surprised that it was mostly made of plastic, it makes a great coffee though. Coming from using pod machines this is a little harder to get used to. Cleaning up is a pain, as is the very short milk frothing piece off to the side. For the price it’s a decent machine

Purchased at: Myer

Model: ECF01CRAU (Cream) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Excellent coffee but has a few quirks

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Makes rich, delicious coffee and it looks beautiful on my worktop. However the descaling light flashes permanently, no matter how much I flush it through. Also the front base that holds cups is a little strange, as it is loose and often comes away unexpectedly - I just leave this part off as it’s not really necessary.

• 4 helpful votes

Model: ECF01PBAU (Pale Blue) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Excellent so far - no frills just basic but works

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

We bought this after a bad experience with a much more expensive and complicated machine. Its been great so far. Basic with no frills but works which is exactly what we wanted. You have to make sure not to fill the coffee filter baskets too much or they won't click in so we don't use the one cup one as it isn't big enough for the amount of coffee you need for a mug. Changing settings is a bit of a pain due to only having the 3 buttons to work with. Its easy to clean, looks cool, doesn't take up too much room, heats up quickly and if it lasts we'll be super happy with it.

1 of 2 pages