Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Would not do without Smile, helps make dental care more affordable with 3 kids. It’s a perfect & affordable accompaniment to our private health cover. Would totally recommend having this cover.

Denmark

Private message

Very happy to support alternative initiatives to make dental work affordable for all.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I've been very happy with the professional dental care and service from Smile Palymyra and value the Smile finance scheme that makes it that little bit more affordable for everyone.

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

When i first join up with Smile, the staff were very helpful and pleasent. I have found the most outstanding Dentist that contacted with Smile at Jannali. so happy with everything.

Huge list of dentist available!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Huge list of dentist available on Smile, highly recognised membership, affordable membership fees with discount! Great discount combined with private health insurance (eg. Bupa). Worth buying as a backup plan!

Great thinking, what wonderful idea insurance which is affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

We are very happy with Smile, great saving for all the family! Love it as it is affordable for all. Massive savings it saved us $1000 on actual dental work! Allowing us to have further dental work done straight of way, instead of having to wait.

Smile truly saved the day!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Without Smile I would have had to pay way more on my much needed dental care. It's worthwhile and I'm glad I signed up! Ive recommended it to friends and family too!

Excellent service, professional staff and save dollars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I enjoy going to the dentist as I find the service excellent and the staff very professional. They put you at ease and make the entire process pain free, especially when it comes to paying. The discounts are well worth joining for. You pay a fee and save immediately.

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I receive huge discounts at my dentist by being in Smile. and have more than got my moneys worth. very Happy. Would recommend to those who need a lot of dental work as it can save you thousands.

Verified Customer

AMAZING! A big thank you for smile.com.au

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

While being a singe part time employee with a home loan & when I had to visit a dentist without a private health cover, which I can't afford, smile.com.au is a life saver to me!
I would recommend with great pleasure smile.com.au for anyone like me who are unable to afford private health insurance.

Takes away the financial pain of visiting the dentist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

My teeth were not in good condition, because I couldn't afford to get them looked at and fixed. In 3 visits, I have already saved more than I paid for 2 years membership. While I still have to pay amounts that stretch my budget, I can actually afford to pay. Not only that, but choosing a dentist from those listed on their site helped me find a fantastic dental centre who are determined to make every visit a positive experience.

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

I find it hard to even rate Smile.com.au with one star. It is a shame that I have to rate the compan

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I joined with a dental group called 'Smile.com.au' for an Annual Fee of $98.00 - they apparently have around 1500 dental surgeries on their books across Australia.
I had been to a dentist locally and was quoted for 6 crowns and other dental work. I could not understand how I would require 6 crowns and so, I joined Smile and visited one of their local member dental surgeries. I followed all procedures, mentioned I was a member of Smile etc etc and stressed that I only wanted the dentist to check to see how many crowns she believed I needed. I did not need her to carry out any work, I was only seeking a second opinion.
To my astonishment the dentist said she didn't know - I again stressed that I only wanted an opinion, particularly with the type of dental work and the number of teeth. She said she couldn't help me but wrote out the name of a dentist in a suburb (quite some distance away) who could. I had to pay the $55 consultation fee for nothing and drove home again.
I checked on Smile's website and saw that there was no-where mentioned that I could lodge a complaint. I checked further in Reviews, wishing to lodge a truthful review but noted that I could only read suspect 'Glowing Reviews' about the service but I could not write my own review.
I sent an email to Smile and complained and asked for my $98 back and explained the circumstances. I also complained that there were no Complaint Handling Procedures outlined on their website or IDR or EDR information. They responded and further emails were exchanged before they, very matter of factly, indicated that they would not be refunding the money and they were closing the matter.
I tend to think that they are a Rip Off company who have no substance to their customer service or business ethics.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Tom, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope you’re well. smile.com.au dental cover has partnered with nearly 2,000 quality approved dentists who share our mission of makin... read more »

That's fine but the crux of my issue was simply that I had questioned the dentist as to why she could not even provide me with an assessment to confirm or otherwise, the number of crowns I required... read more »

Excellent value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Needed 11 fillings in 3 months . The amount I saved outweighed the cost of the cover . The fact that there is no waiting period makes it even better value . I would recommend this to anyone. Excellent discounts available for many types of dental work.

All Smiles with Smile.com.au

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

I have no hesitation recommending smile.com.au, my wife had extensive dental work done recently and the savings we made with our membership of smile.com.au, were absolutely awesome. We will certainly maintain our membership to ensure we take advantage for our ongoing dental requirements.

Banora Point 2486

Private message

Great Service, a must have and wouldn't be without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Have been a member for years and use it extensively each year as between my wife and myself we have a lot of dental work to be done in our fading years. Our dentist has always been great in explaining costs and savings to be had by being a Smiley

Smile.com.ai is AWESOME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

If it wasn't for smile.com.au I wouldn't be able to go to the dentist with my two children. The savings are great and I'm so happy that I have it.

Reason to smile.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Instant cover from the moment your joining fee has been processed. Great discounts offered across the entire range of dental work & many quality dentists Australia wide to choose from. I needed some extensive work done & my daughter had braces fitted, smile.com.au made that a whole lot more achievable.

Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

$169.00 Good Value for money for a family of four.
Urilized very well so far.
No need to change dentists.
Impressed with the ability to use at the dentist where we currently have treatment.

Feedback review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Very good experience very easy access been with a dental clinic that is a member of smile and just got the discount no problem at all on the day of appointment.

Instant savings

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I came across Smile when I needed extensive dental work and had no dental insurance. The big plus was that savings kicked in straight away. My whole family are signed up.

Wish I had known sooner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I didn't realise this service existed but I found it by mistake & it's the best thing ever. Reduces the gap that is to be paid & I have recommended it to others

1 of 57 pages

Hi, can smile .com.au cover root canal?

Tehmina asked on Oct 04, 2018

Hi Tehmina,

Thank you for your question! We hope you’re well.

Root canals are certainly covered by smile.com.au!

One of the best things about smile.com.au is that we have absolutely no benefit limits or treatment exclusions. You will always save a minimum of 15% and can save up to 40% on every treatment, every time you visit an approved dentist. Rest assured, you are guaranteed to benefit with smile.com.au on all treatments performed by an approved dentist - including root canals!

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly team on 1300 238 648 or at contact@smile.com.au.

Have a lovely day!

Hi Is there any dental in Melbourne who gives more than 15% discount in dental procedures with Smile membership? Thank you Nirodha

Chamara J asked on May 13, 2018

Answer this

There certainly is, wild tortoises live for many many years the easiest way to tell their age is to cut them in half and count the rings.

Hi Nirodha, thank you for contacting smile.com.au! We hope you’re well. As a member of smile.com.au, you are guaranteed to save between 15%-40% off every treatment performed by a smile.com.au approved dentist. Unlike health insurance, smile.com.au has absolutely no waiting periods, benefit limits or treatment exclusions! Rather than the practice you attend, the reduction will depend on your individual treatment requirements. Generally, it is the more common treatments, such as check-ups, fillings, extractions, and even crowns, that will attract the higher 40% off savings, however you are always guaranteed to save at least 15%! We have a number of approved dentists in Melbourne, and you can find a full list of approved practices here: https://www.smile.com.au/dentists
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly member team on 1300 238 648 or contact@smile.com.au. Have a great day, Nirodha!

I Paid 300 recently for a periodontist, it is not under Medicare. Can i claim through smile?

sumathi asked on Dec 03, 2017

Answer this

I don't think so. Smile works as a discount card and cover up to 30 % only. Regards

Hi Sumathi! Thank you for your question. Members of smile.com.au receive reduced treatment fees between 15% to 40%. However, you need to be a member before you receive the treatment to enjoy the reduced fees plus no waiting, no limits and no exclusions. We wish we could have assisted you in this instance. To benefit from smile.com.au in the future, simply remember to join smile.com.au before receiving treatment. Have a wonderful day and best wishes for a joyous festive season, Sumathi!

No smilie.com.au negotiates a discount for its members. So you don’t get a refund you get a discount when you book and pay for your service. You need to inform the receptionist before billing and payment is made. Remember next time

See all 16 questions about smile.com.au