Average

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

I feel a little misguided given that the dentist I am attending has advised smile give a 15% discount on their services as opposed to the "up to 40%" advertised on the website when I joined. Apart from that, any little bit counts when accessing dental services. It is saving me approximately $150 or so on $2000 worth of dentist visits so better than nothing.

Awesome cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Dental care had been costing so much and without private health care, the cost to see a dentist was too expensive. Luckily I found smile and now I don’t have to worry about the cost of having to see a dentist anymore.

Cant Stop Smiling

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I have a dental phobia and Smile Dental were fantastic at reassuring me that I would not go through agony. Thanks again Smile Dental for all your great work and I will be back soon to get more work done.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Verified Customer

Makes offers, but doesn't come through.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I received an email saying that if I posted a nice review, they'd add one month to my membership. So I did that and sent an email back letting them know that I'd done that. I didn't hear back from them so I tried calling them. Was on hold for about 15 minutes. Then I gave up and resigned to the fact that I got suckered into giving a review. I also deleted the referral link from my Facebook page. Good way to save on dental fees though.

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Greg. Thank you for taking the time to leave another review. We can confirm for you that a free month was applied to your cover today. We ask that you please bear in mind that smile.com.au has o... read more »

Thanks. It's a shame though, that I had to change my original 5 star review to this 2 star review to get a response. Interesting how I got it within a couple of hours when the original "all's good"... read more »

Narangba

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Worthwhile if...

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

one is paying for more than oneself and has more services than an annual examination. It pays for itself for two examinations and subsequent dental work for two persons. Smile's enrollment fee is less for a single person, so it would pay for itself for an annual examination plus dental work.

What discount?

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Phoned dentist for a appointment i asked what the discount would be she could not tell me. Told me I had to ask smiles they could not tell me.
Seems like a dental scam there was no discount or refund or any thing like insurance.

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Rowan! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You’re right, smile.com.au is different to health insurance. smile.com.au members are guaranteed to save between 15%-40% off every ... read more »

Excellent value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I used Smile for my recent dental appointment at Integrity Dental. Amazing service by the dentist and Smile helped reduced the cost of service - entirely transparently to me the customer (i.e. no claim required but the amount to pay is reduced).

I don't see the difference

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

I know that the dentist mentioned there's a difference in the price of treatment with Smile but I don't see it. I see on my invoice what it would have cost without insurance and with. I don't see the difference that Smile makes so I think there's more marketing work required. Dental procedures and payments are super complicated so it's probably not an easy task.

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Joey! We thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. smile.com.au members are guaranteed to save between 15%-40% off all treatment performed by one of our nearly 2000 approved... read more »

Not bad so far

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

I was glad that I purchased a two year membership on promotion. I got a discount code via the live chat on their website. And I could start using it straight away. The only downside is that every time I go to the dentist, I’m not too sure if the discount has been applied. I always need to ask and check before I pay.

great smiles

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Staff were great and helpful provided all options. Also allowing me to get the whole family to go to the dentist and get the perfect smiles for them as well

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

This is the best idea for dental care. It is great to not have to pay excessive private health cover fees, considering my family would really only benefit from the dental care anyway. This allows us to get the benefits of health cover for dentistry, at a very affordable price. Very happy with my choose to join Smile & would highly recommend.

Gives hefty discounts

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I was initially dubious about dental insurance however after coming across the benefits of Smile I’ve been overwhelmed with the results. I’m incredibly impressed and have saved a fortune with the many procedures I’ve had to do.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Great dentist!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

So pleasantly surprised at the savings and great dentist! Thanks SMILE ! No hassle, great coverage and easy signup by phone. Also very helpful and knowledgeable person on phone. Thanks again SMILE.

Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

What a great invention, affordable dental for all and if you have private health insurance you benefit twice with no out of pocket or very little, keep up the good work Smile

Immediate Cover and Immediate Savings

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

With one phone call and a few questions answered we were covered immediately, on our first visit to the dentist for our son we saved over $250, that one saving had our membership more than covered. With our son needing braces we were surprised to see a saving of around $1200 on that service. I can't recommend Smile.com.au enough, its great and perfect for every family.

Expected more off the bill

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

It's too early to tell yet but I expected more off the bill. It certainly wasn't 40%. However, I'm a new customer so will be able to comment further in another 6 months.

Every little helps

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Knew I needed to get my teeth checked more regularly, but have always been terrified of visiting the dentist. By joining smile.com, I at least can get a little bit off the cost of visits, which encourages me to look after my teeth more. I think 15% seems to be the reduction in costs I have experienced... 40% ?? But every little bit helps.

40%off

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

It is not actually 40% off as advertised it is more like 10%,
So if you only have 1 or 2 things done you wouldn't need to buy this if you see dentist more often then maybe helpful

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Mahdi! Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope you’re well. With smile.com.au dental cover you are guaranteed to save 15%-40% off all dental treatments performed by any of ou... read more »

Savings not what you say

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I signed up as I had heard great things. After my visit to the dentist I asked them how much I had saved using smile.com and they told me it was $2. I provided this feedback to smile.com and they claimed I saved $36.80. I'm really disappointed and feel I've wasted my money.

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Katjay! Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We hope you’re having a great morning. smile.com.au members are guaranteed to save between 15%-40% off all treatment performed by one of ... read more »

Worst dentist I have ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

This is my worst experience in cleaning teeth for 20 years - general teeth cleaning. This morning I went to the Smile Centre Langwarrin (Langwarrin Dental), after [name removed] cleaned my teeth, my teeth bleed for 2 hours with plenty of blood. Now after 8 hours of general teeth cleaning, my teeth are still bleeding, leaving a trail of blood between the two upper teeth. This is the worst dentist I have ever experienced.

Comments
Smile Official

Hi Yuhong! We hope you’re well, and thank you for taking the time to share your review. It's a challenging mission making quality dental care more accessible for the people of Australia, and the sm... read more »

1 of 44 pages

Hi Is there any dental in Melbourne who gives more than 15% discount in dental procedures with Smile membership? Thank you Nirodha

Chamara J asked on May 13, 2018

Answer this

There certainly is, wild tortoises live for many many years the easiest way to tell their age is to cut them in half and count the rings.

Hi Nirodha, thank you for contacting smile.com.au! We hope you’re well. As a member of smile.com.au, you are guaranteed to save between 15%-40% off every treatment performed by a smile.com.au approved dentist. Unlike health insurance, smile.com.au has absolutely no waiting periods, benefit limits or treatment exclusions! Rather than the practice you attend, the reduction will depend on your individual treatment requirements. Generally, it is the more common treatments, such as check-ups, fillings, extractions, and even crowns, that will attract the higher 40% off savings, however you are always guaranteed to save at least 15%! We have a number of approved dentists in Melbourne, and you can find a full list of approved practices here: https://www.smile.com.au/dentists
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly member team on 1300 238 648 or contact@smile.com.au. Have a great day, Nirodha!

I Paid 300 recently for a periodontist, it is not under Medicare. Can i claim through smile?

sumathi asked on Dec 03, 2017

Answer this

I don't think so. Smile works as a discount card and cover up to 30 % only. Regards

Hi Sumathi! Thank you for your question. Members of smile.com.au receive reduced treatment fees between 15% to 40%. However, you need to be a member before you receive the treatment to enjoy the reduced fees plus no waiting, no limits and no exclusions. We wish we could have assisted you in this instance. To benefit from smile.com.au in the future, simply remember to join smile.com.au before receiving treatment. Have a wonderful day and best wishes for a joyous festive season, Sumathi!

How much did a crown cost? Thanks

anna asked on Oct 05, 2017

Answer this

HI Anna! Thank you for your question. We hope you’re very well! As a member of smile.com.au, you are guaranteed to save up to 40% off all treatment, with a guaranteed minimum reduction of 15%, every time you visit one of our 1500+ approved dentists. As smile.com.au also has no benefit limits, treatment exclusions or waiting periods, you are certainly covered for your crown! There are several types of crowns and the price varies depending on which state in which you reside.

For a tailored response, please simply call our team on 1300 238 648 or email contact@smile.com.au and provide the type of crown you require (e.g. Item 615) and state in which you reside. Rest assured, you will benefit significantly with smile.com.au on your crown. You will also save up to 40% off all associated treatments such as consultations, examinations, cleans, x-rays and any other treatment you may require - all with cover that’s less than $100 a year! Have a lovely weekend, Anna!

See all 15 questions about smile.com.au