Cant believe I left it this long!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Having put off installing a new kitchen for years I finally "bit the bullet" and from the first meeting with your representative, Sue Bracy - everything proceeded with cheerful efficiency. Nothing fazed Sue - we altered the design a couple of times - but she happily - and with no fuss - complied with our requests. Your firm was recommended by some friends, who are very particular! My fears of chaos and confusion were dispelled, when the day after demolition and subsequent installation I was able to use my oven, cooktop and sink! All the tradespeople were friendly and experts at their job and nothing was too much trouble. Benchtops and tiling followed quickly and the appliances are spot on! Have to congratulate all trades r their attention to cleaning up also. Now it is complete with new blinds and floor - I have already recommended you to many others and i hope they have as good an experience as I.

Lovely new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

We are very pleased with the finished kitchen as designed by Bec. Very professionally executed with minimum fuss and inconvenience. One or two minor details needed rectified but this was speedily addressed by Smith & Smith.

Love our kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Couldn't fault our experience with smith & smith. From design with Laly and excellent tradies and installation. Our kitchen has totally changed the look of our apartment and we have had nothing but compliments. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a good quality kitchen at a reasonable price and have just booked a new kitchen for my mother after our 5 star experience with all the team at Smith & Smith.

No Caulk for you

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I read all the glowing reviews and was left asking myself the question...what happened, unfortunately the bitterness of poor service remains long after the installation has been completed.

To be balanced, my excellent/good and bad points are below.

Excellent Points:
1) [name removed], the installer, on time, meticulous and precise.

Good Points:
1) The designer did listen to what we wanted. Was professional and turned up on time, and unlike others, left her phone in the car (note to Rosemount!)
2) the cabinetry

Bad Points:
1) Poor communication between installation management, client and trades people. When you have the tradies ring you the client asking whats going on, it is worrisome.
2) The plumber didn't caulk the sink. We were told I will have someone call you...still waiting, I am left wondering how this affects the warranty.
3) The electrician couldn't wire a data point, in this day and age, very surprising.
4) No post installation call to ask how everything was.

I would strongly advise that if you use Smith and Smith, make sure you get everything confirmed in writing. As we had no after installation service, I cannot comment on this.

We love our Smith & Smith Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

We absolutely love our kitchen! Our dream kitchen was designed by Laurie Calleja. He listen to us about our needs and the final design delivered features we never dreamt of. We appreciate the amount of time Laurie spent with us and the final tech savvy detailed plans ensured we had an in depth understanding of the final look of our new kitchen.
Every single person we dealt with at Smith & Smith went above and beyond. From the trades people to your office staff. Our installer Phil did an amazing job. Smith & Smith delivered on quality and exceptional service from start to finish! It was a smooth and quick installation.
Thank you everyone at Smith & Smith. We would have no hesitation in recommending your Kitchens.

Melbourne

we love our Smith and Smith Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

This is to thank Smith and Smith kitchens for giving us our dream kitchen. We have renovated the kitchen during December 2016 and January 2017.They went extra mile to ensure that we are 100% happy with the kitchen we got. Special thanks to Lali, our kitchen designer for the great effort to overcome structural issues due to the existing floor plan. She designed our dream kitchen which is really beautiful and user-friendly .The cabinet maker, John Simpson finished the kitchen with 100% precision. The general manager, Aaron Lorych got involved personally and visited when we had an issue with the bench top and went extra mile to give us what was in our mind even though they did not have to.
If we are going to have another kitchen definitely it is going to be Smith& Smith kitchen!
We highly recommend Smith & Smith kitchens as we get many compliments from our visitors.

Private message

Wish someone would call me back.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

We have a Smith & Smith kitchen at a property and I have sent several emails and made several phone calls for a replacement part and nobody wants to respond.

We love our new Smith & Smith Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

We have been using our new kitchen for about 4 weeks now and absolutely love it. It is so much easier to have everything in drawers rather than the old cupboards where we had to get down on our hands and knees to retrieve an item. The first thing my wife shows visitors is the lazy susan which has replaced the corner cupboard, what a difference it has made.

We would like to thank Smith & Smith Kitchens for delivering a fantastic kitchen which meets all our requirements and for the professionalism that the entire staff displayed.

Firstly, many thanks to Nicky, the receptionist with whom we spent some time discussing the merits of different fittings and finishes and cooking.

Secondly, a big thank you to Rebecca who listened to us and designed the kitchen that we wanted and with her expertise to make sure that everything fitted.

Thirdly, thanks to Paul, John and Dan for the installation which was started and completed as per the schedule and with minimal fuss. Thanks to Warwick for attending to a couple of minor glitches. A great team to have working for us.

We highly recommend Smith & Smith Kitchens.

We would also like to recommend and thank Southern Cross Splashbacks for their fabulous Murano Glass splashback.

I love my new Smith & Smith Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

I really love my Smith & Smith Kitchen. The kitchen was created to budget, fit to specifications and looks great. The service was really fabulous from start to finish, and any tiny concerns were soon sorted out. I would highly recommend this company - we had a great experience!

Verified Customer

Thank you Smith and Smith!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

It’s been two weeks now since the last of the kitchen work was completed. We have unpacked all the stuff from our old kitchen and arranged them into our new kitchen shelves and draws. We have gradually started getting familiar with using the new kitchen and it is now becoming a part of our daily routine. My wife can’t help telling me every day how convenient everything is in the new kitchen, and how much of a difference it has made to her life.

I am writing to thank Smith & Smith for the professionalism, efficiency and kindness with which the entire process of renovating our kitchen was carried out. There was never a single request or query that wasn’t answered and addressed politely and promptly. Every single employee and tradesman involved seemed to be aware that Smith & Smith had high expectations from them, and they took every effort to make sure they did not disappoint us. From the designer Ainslie, to the builder John, the cabinet maker Phil, the plumber Dan, the electrician Shaun, the all-rounder Warwick and the service manage Randall, we received the most courteous and competent service! Even all the tradespeople recommended to us by Smith & Smith were excellent: the painters organised by Matt and the Floor Polishers organised by Shane did their jobs superbly and stuck to their promised schedules.

Thank you Pip (and please thank Deb on my behalf) for your help in organising the entire effort.

We do not anticipate doing another kitchen renovation for the next few decades, but if we do, we’ll certainly come back to Smith $ Smith!

MELBOURNE

High reputation well deserved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

S&S were easy to deal with right from the beginning. Daryl Watkins original ideas encompassed changes we had not even thought of and his drawings were clear and specific. Tony Peroni as measured and overall manager of the work was specific, always available and courteous and helpful at all times. Our 'tradies', John and Paul, Tony, John and Greg were not only excellent workmen but also a pleasure to have in our home. Warwick, doing the 'mop up ' work was amazing and tackled one particularly difficult job brilliantly. Our kitchen looks amazing and is such a delight to cook in. Family and friends have all been raving about it. The only 'grouch' we have is the length of time it took to finally complete the work(3 weeks from installation.) We acknowledge it was not Warwick or Randall's fault but would suggest S&S maybe employ more maintenance workers as we know Warwick was rushed off his feet trying to ''mop up'.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Love my new Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Smith & Smith recently installed a new kitchen in our home. We are extremely happy with the finished product, quality of the cabinets and workmanship. Our designer Rebecca Underwood did a fantastic job in designing the kitchen to our specific needs and providing us with great ideas. We had to match an existing floor we cannot speak highly enough of the care and attention Bec put into our kitchen in colours for cupboards and stone bench top. Bec also came when Kitchen installed and stone bench in to help with splashback colour which looks fantastic we are very happy with it all. Bec came with some fantastic ideas and was very patience with us. We would recommend Smith & Smith if you are looking to update your kitchen.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Iredales new kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

We couldn't be more pleased with our new kitchen,every day we appreciate a new part of Sue Bracy's design.Every part of our experience with Smith & Smith has been excellent and we won't hesitate to recommend the company to our friends. We look forward to updating our laundry.

Smith and Smith listen, end result a perfect kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

Our beach house kitchen is fantastic because of the flexibility of Smith & Smith. All Smith & Smith employees have the ability to listen to the customer, work with, and make positive workable suggestions. The end result is a kitchen ALL our friends love and envy. The after installation follow-up service ensures every detail is 100%.

Best renovation experience ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

The entire experience with Smith & Smith was pleasant and surprisingly easy, considering what a big job it was. We had our existing kitchen ripped out, a doorway adjusted, an external door closed off, and the kitchen and laundry of our dreams put in. Laurie, our designer, impressed me from the beginning by asking me how I use my kitchen, and taking all of my ideas into account. I'm not sure how he did it, but without moving any walls, he created more benchtop and storage space than I've ever had before, and yet the space seems a good half metre larger than before we started. Every single one of the various tradespeople (builder, installer, electrician, plumber, tiler) was polite, tidy, considerate, and a pleasure to have working in our house. I cannot recommend Smith & Smith highly enough, and have already sent two other households to them to have their dream kitchens installed. Thank you to Laurie and all his team for an amazing outcome!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Professionalism from design through to completion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Smith & Smith really delivered.
From great design to streamlined organisation & excellent trades.
On time & efficient.
Having had bad experiences previously, it was a pleasure to deal with the tradesmen employed by this company who deliver quality & professionalism & an obvious pride in their work.
We have a kitchen we love and more so because of the experience.
Thank you to Laly & the wonderful team we had.

I love my new kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Having put off having a new kitchen installed for many years because of worrying about the mess and inconvenience, I can't believe how smoothly the whole transition went. Laurie, the designer, listened and understood everything I wanted, and came up with a complete transformation that replaced a kitchen that was okay to one that is now WOW! Not only does it look absolutely fantastic, it is the most workable kitchen I have ever been in. Even though the footprint of the new kitchen is exactly the same as the old, it looks and feels much bigger, and I have far more workable bench space and storage. The whole team at Smith and Smith are to be congratulated on their workmanship and dedication to getting every little thing 100 percent perfect. Thank you to all involved.

Verified Customer

I have been able to resolve all matters satisfactorily.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I have been able to satisfactorily resolve all outstanding matters with the owner of Smith and Smith, Mr John Loryck,, and look forward to using a well built, aesthetically pleasing and functional kitchen which they have installed.

Outstaning Product and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

This is the second time I have had Smith & Smith into my home. Last year we installed a new kitchen and just recently, a bathroom cabinet to match.

I have to say the product is of a very high quality! The process from beginning to end, was just a pleasure and the staff are really exceptional. I highly recommend using this company, you wont be disappointed!

Don't expect any customer service once you have paid your $'s

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

At the beginning, we found the process very easy, with some exceptional assistance from Bec to run through design options.
During the kitchen build, the tradesmen that Smith and Smith hired were pretty good - all great people who are good at what they do. Unfortunately one of the bills came in $1000 over and above the quote. I'm still waiting for a breakdown before we finalise. It's been a few weeks now, with no response.
During the process of the kitchen install, we had various problems, which were all rectified promptly.
However, don't expect any after sales care. Despite our problems and hiccups along the way, not one phone call to us to ask if we are happy with our end result. Certainly a feeling of - 'take your money and walk away'. Proactive customer service does not exist.
In all honesty, for the premium you pay for the cabinetry and design, my view is that you could get better value and care elsewhere. Sad to say, but I won't buy my next kitchen from Smith and Smith.

1 of 3 pages