Sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Would not given a written quote/undertake

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We received an unsolicited letter invitation to join a ‘data collection trial’. After a longish phone discussion and a phone quote I asked for the details of exactly what was being offered in the package. I was informed “we don’t do it that way”. At that point we agreed to stop. If a company is not repaired to provide a written undertaking, I’m not prepared to take them on trust.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Seven Hills

• 1 helpful vote

Unfinished work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

solar took a deposit 3 months ago to bring solar panels, switches on the power box to Australian standards. Also they cannot communicate with power system and has not try to fix it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Terry, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologise for the unsatisfactory experience that you have received. If you could please email hello@solarservicegroup.co... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Promises Promises

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I enlisted the services of Solar Sevice Group earlier this year, initially for an assessment of my existing 16 panel system. Upon reading their report and also the suggestion to install Enphase batteries in order to optimise my solar system, I committed to their proposal.
Needless to say, full payment was required by the technician on the day to work was undertaken. The installer was efficient to the best of my knowledge and when he realised that he was missing a component that was to be supplied, he assured me that he would contact Head Office and have the problem resolved promptly.
That was five months ago and still no resolution despite multiple promises from "customer service". All I require is what I have paid for, no more no less.
Do not trust this company and it is off to Fair Trading for me.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Chris I am sorry to hear you've had issues with your installation. Can you please supply me with your order number so I can investigate the situation and have someone call you to have your in... read more »

Horsham

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Dont know what they are talking about

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I was coerced by a fast talking sales person on the phone into a enphase battery. They mentioned that its "a battery" and "compared to tesla" no mention of size on the battery, after installation I have found out it is saving me no more that $36 per year. Misleading and a rip off. Will take nearly 100 years to pay back and only warranty for 10 ???? Only positive fast installation (i guess it stops people cancelling after finding the truth) Would not recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Dear David, We are very concerned with how you arrived at this figure and what you have stated in your post, as this is simply not possible. We have investigated internally and you should be sa... read more »

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

I have 12 panels and was wondering what the cost wld be to install a battery Thks Deborah Email address us: deb_owens@optusnet.com.au

deb1409 asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Each household is different, as it depends on how much energy your panels are producing and what your household energy consumption is. If you could please call us on
1300 40 41 42 with your latest electricity bill, one of our solar specialist will be able to run a bill analysis and inform you on the best battery system for you.

Kind regards