• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Regret dealing with this company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Went with this company after receiving an offer for "field trial" on solar batteries and have regretted it. Communication is very poor, no-one is ever available to take your calls and they promise to get back to you and do not do so in a timely manner. Was advised there was a problem with my system and was booked for a service call for which I had to pay a large deposit which in March but I did not get the service call until the end of May even though I phoned them numerous time during that period to enquire when they would be sending someone and was told they would pass my enquiry on to the scheduling department. Three months where I was gaining nothing from my system. The only time they ever seem to contact you is when they are trying to sell you something extra. I have spent thousands with them and the service received is almost non-existent.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Top Cat, thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the experience that you've had thus far as this is not our regular standard of service. We would really appreciate it if you could privat... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Would not given a written quote/undertake

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We received an unsolicited letter invitation to join a ‘data collection trial’. After a longish phone discussion and a phone quote I asked for the details of exactly what was being offered in the package. I was informed “we don’t do it that way”. At that point we agreed to stop. If a company is not repaired to provide a written undertaking, I’m not prepared to take them on trust.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Garry, we are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your recent experience with us. You will find on the written invitation the details of the products that are included as part of this pa... read more »

Seven Hills

• 1 helpful vote

Unfinished work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

solar took a deposit 3 months ago to bring solar panels, switches on the power box to Australian standards. Also they cannot communicate with power system and has not try to fix it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Terry, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologise for the unsatisfactory experience that you have received. If you could please email hello@solarservicegroup.co... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Promises Promises

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I enlisted the services of Solar Sevice Group earlier this year, initially for an assessment of my existing 16 panel system. Upon reading their report and also the suggestion to install Enphase batteries in order to optimise my solar system, I committed to their proposal.
Needless to say, full payment was required by the technician on the day to work was undertaken. The installer was efficient to the best of my knowledge and when he realised that he was missing a component that was to be supplied, he assured me that he would contact Head Office and have the problem resolved promptly.
That was five months ago and still no resolution despite multiple promises from "customer service". All I require is what I have paid for, no more no less.
Do not trust this company and it is off to Fair Trading for me.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Chris I am sorry to hear you've had issues with your installation. Can you please supply me with your order number so I can investigate the situation and have someone call you to have your in... read more »

Horsham

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Dont know what they are talking about

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I was coerced by a fast talking sales person on the phone into a enphase battery. They mentioned that its "a battery" and "compared to tesla" no mention of size on the battery, after installation I have found out it is saving me no more that $36 per year. Misleading and a rip off. Will take nearly 100 years to pay back and only warranty for 10 ???? Only positive fast installation (i guess it stops people cancelling after finding the truth) Would not recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Dear David, We are very concerned with how you arrived at this figure and what you have stated in your post, as this is simply not possible. We have investigated internally and you should be sa... read more »

Hi, I would like to know if I could get the full refund in the cooling off period (within 24 hours). I have been told that i have to pay AUD450 for cancellation. Can you please let me know how?

Kah YIP asked on Sep 10, 2018

Answer this

I'm sorry that I don't have answer to your question. You may need to contact the company directly. Sorry!

Hi .I too am unable to answer your question.The staff at Solarr Group are very helpful and will answer all your questions.

Hi Kah, we're sorry to hear that you will be cancelling your order with us. If you could please private message us your relevant order details, a member of staff can contact you to discuss your request.

Hi We have a 3kw system and were recently advised by our electricity y provider that to get better value from a battery in regard to charging - that I would need to upgrade to 5kw + system; however, I note from some of the previous questions you can provide for smaller systems ....is this correct and how about efficiency? Thanks Greg

Grange28 asked on Jul 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Greg I have a 2kw 8 panels solar sistem ,I have installed a 1.2 battery from Solar Sevice Group .I live by my self .It is working . And I use my old solar system . But like I said I am by my self .

Thanks Hendrick
Are you saving on power usage and what was the cost with installation.

Hi Greg, thanks for your question! Yes, we do provide solar battery storage solutions for smaller residential solar PV installations but can also help you in upgrading your system to 5kW with storage if that is something you would like to also consider. With all installations being different, retrofitting to your existing system may mean that there are less costs involved in your installation than others so we're very happy to give you a personalised quote on both solutions to give you an accurate idea on the costs involved in your specific installation. For further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.

Hi, my name is ken and in receiving your letter as to your subsidise energy review as tothe solar battery l would be very interested in taking part of your provram but as l have tried to enter your code that you gave us on the letter we recieved in the mail has not been so friendly to let me in to see how this works and the requirements. I may be contacted by email any time email address is [email removed]. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks Kenny

Kenny asked on Jul 26, 2018

Answer this

Hi Kenny, thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the website not allowing you to enter your interest, our team are investigating this issue now and apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused. Yes, we'd love to contact and discuss the program with you, if you could please contact us on 1300 40 41 42 we'd be able to speak with you.

See all 9 questions about Solar Service Group