Verified Customer

Support service is non existence

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I had my battery installed over 2 weeks ago, the app they sent me to use on my phone displays the information that does not make sense, i rang up and have left 6 messages over a week to get someone from the battery department to call me back, i have email the support as well and all i get is someone will call you back and tell me if the app on the phone is working correctly or not.
After writing up this post, i finally had a tech call me back to explain how the battery works and i even got a link to further monitor what the battery performance is on top of the app i was sent. So far things looks ok but i do have some more questions which i will speak to tech support about. The call back i got from the product manager last couple of days was good in that it was explain to me why i had to wait so long for my call back and that is not company policy. Its good a company would care enough to make things right even if its just one customer that had a bad experience. Well done there.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Rob, thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent installation with us. Although we did have an issue with communication initially, we are very pleased to hear that since you are ha... read more »

Balgowlah Heights. Sydney.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Batteries are essential, if Solar panels installed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I’m glad to be able to store power from Solar panels. To use off peak hours.
I have 4 Enphase batteries, working well on sunny days, to save sending my power to the Grid.
My Enlighten App is excellent. Easy to use to check production and saving. Easy to read. With follow up from Solar Service Group.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, thank you for your review. We're glad that you have found the ease and simplicity of the MyEnlighten App with assistance from our Solar Specialists. If you ever think of anything we could improve on please let us know.

Enlighten App excellent. How can I take power from Grid overnight at Off Peak Rates. Also will there be anything in future to allow batteries to work in a Blackout. Please can you send the Newslett... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, a member of our Operations Team has been in contact with you regarding the off-peak charging, if you need any more assistance with this please let us know. Unfortunately, Enphase does ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Letter was not threatening.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I received a letter and it was an offer, nothing threatening. They told it like it is, i am looking at the battery offer as it makes perfect sense. Why sell back to grid at 5c and re-buy at 23c or more, it is definitely worth looking in to. Its whether the cost of battery gives value for money per kilowatt and your individual usage.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Spuddy, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, this is much appreciated. We're glad that you have taken advantage of this innovative technology designed to save househol... read more »

Thinking of getting a battery installed. We have 5 people in he house. How many solar panels would I need to help me get the best use of a battery?

Shane asked on Nov 02, 2018

Answer this

I have a 5.1 kw solar system with a 1.2 kw battery(gov subsidised)The bigger the battery the better unfortunately they are expensive now but they will get cheaper.
only 2 of us in house.We use average of 9.4 kw hrs per day so we are virtually self sufficient.
With a quality inverter (very important) this system should cost 10-12 thousand dollars.
the amount of panels varies due to size.ie small=27 panels/large=18 panels.
Now the real savings come with how you use your appliances ie avoid overuse of ones that involve heat
ie fan heaters/ovens/electric jugs/clothes dryers/dishwashers.Use cold water in wash m/c and turn off power at power points (during day and overnight)
You can easily halve your power usage by doing the above.
Because most systems come with monitoring(laptop/phone)you can see exactly how much power you are using and this will teach you how to use them more effectively.
hope this answers your question

Hi, I would like to know if I could get the full refund in the cooling off period (within 24 hours). I have been told that i have to pay AUD450 for cancellation. Can you please let me know how?

Kah YIP asked on Sep 10, 2018

Answer this

I'm sorry that I don't have answer to your question. You may need to contact the company directly. Sorry!

Hi .I too am unable to answer your question.The staff at Solarr Group are very helpful and will answer all your questions.

Hi Kah, we're sorry to hear that you will be cancelling your order with us. If you could please private message us your relevant order details, a member of staff can contact you to discuss your request.

Hi We have a 3kw system and were recently advised by our electricity y provider that to get better value from a battery in regard to charging - that I would need to upgrade to 5kw + system; however, I note from some of the previous questions you can provide for smaller systems ....is this correct and how about efficiency? Thanks Greg

Grange28 asked on Jul 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Greg I have a 2kw 8 panels solar sistem ,I have installed a 1.2 battery from Solar Sevice Group .I live by my self .It is working . And I use my old solar system . But like I said I am by my self .

Thanks Hendrick
Are you saving on power usage and what was the cost with installation.

Hi Greg, thanks for your question! Yes, we do provide solar battery storage solutions for smaller residential solar PV installations but can also help you in upgrading your system to 5kW with storage if that is something you would like to also consider. With all installations being different, retrofitting to your existing system may mean that there are less costs involved in your installation than others so we're very happy to give you a personalised quote on both solutions to give you an accurate idea on the costs involved in your specific installation. For further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.

See all 10 questions about Solar Service Group