Balgowlah Heights. Sydney.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Batteries are essential, if Solar panels installed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I’m glad to be able to store power from Solar panels. To use off peak hours.
I have 4 Enphase batteries, working well on sunny days, to save sending my power to the Grid.
My Enlighten App is excellent. Easy to use to check production and saving. Easy to read. With follow up from Solar Service Group.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, thank you for your review. We're glad that you have found the ease and simplicity of the MyEnlighten App with assistance from our Solar Specialists. If you ever think of anything we could improve on please let us know.

Enlighten App excellent. How can I take power from Grid overnight at Off Peak Rates. Also will there be anything in future to allow batteries to work in a Blackout. Please can you send the Newslett... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, a member of our Operations Team has been in contact with you regarding the off-peak charging, if you need any more assistance with this please let us know. Unfortunately, Enphase does ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Letter was not threatening.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I received a letter and it was an offer, nothing threatening. They told it like it is, i am looking at the battery offer as it makes perfect sense. Why sell back to grid at 5c and re-buy at 23c or more, it is definitely worth looking in to. Its whether the cost of battery gives value for money per kilowatt and your individual usage.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Spuddy, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, this is much appreciated. We're glad that you have taken advantage of this innovative technology designed to save househol... read more »

Your positive reviews appear day after day, yet the negative review stated you had difficulty getting trained people, how were you able to install some very quickly but left others waiting months? What battery capacity costs the quoted $5289???

Andy asked on Feb 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Andy, thank you for submitting your question. Solar Service Group installs various products and perform different services this requires varied levels of skills and training, as you can imagine depending on the product our Technician is installing would factor in how much training is required for the installation to be completed to high standards.
Like any other industry involved in home works, non-metropolitan customers can be found to experience slight delays due to the distance of the actual site to the Technician's area. You will find that we have recently trained and brought on many Technicians to ensure that customers do not experience delays in their service.
In terms of your quoted $5289, for us to accurately give you information on the products included in the price we will need to have a quick phone discussion as there are various campaign bundles at the moment. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42 for a no-obligation quote/discussion. Thanks, Donna

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

Hi, Has anyone gone ahead with this offer?

Has it been worth it?

I have a 3kw system which faces west and the are saying with 5 yrs of maintenance included and a battery it is 5,000. So I would need to save $1000 a year to pay itself off in that time?

Thoughts?