Balgowlah Heights. Sydney.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Batteries are essential, if Solar panels installed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I’m glad to be able to store power from Solar panels. To use off peak hours.
I have 4 Enphase batteries, working well on sunny days, to save sending my power to the Grid.
My Enlighten App is excellent. Easy to use to check production and saving. Easy to read. With follow up from Solar Service Group.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, thank you for your review. We're glad that you have found the ease and simplicity of the MyEnlighten App with assistance from our Solar Specialists. If you ever think of anything we could improve on please let us know.

Enlighten App excellent. How can I take power from Grid overnight at Off Peak Rates. Also will there be anything in future to allow batteries to work in a Blackout. Please can you send the Newslett... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, a member of our Operations Team has been in contact with you regarding the off-peak charging, if you need any more assistance with this please let us know. Unfortunately, Enphase does ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Letter was not threatening.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I received a letter and it was an offer, nothing threatening. They told it like it is, i am looking at the battery offer as it makes perfect sense. Why sell back to grid at 5c and re-buy at 23c or more, it is definitely worth looking in to. Its whether the cost of battery gives value for money per kilowatt and your individual usage.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Spuddy, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, this is much appreciated. We're glad that you have taken advantage of this innovative technology designed to save househol... read more »

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

I have 12 panels and was wondering what the cost wld be to install a battery Thks Deborah Email address us: deb_owens@optusnet.com.au

deb1409 asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Each household is different, as it depends on how much energy your panels are producing and what your household energy consumption is. If you could please call us on
1300 40 41 42 with your latest electricity bill, one of our solar specialist will be able to run a bill analysis and inform you on the best battery system for you.

Kind regards