Terrigal

Quality service & installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

From Trevor (sales) Thro to Jay (installation) our experience has been absolutely top notch!! There were no hidden agendas or more importantly NO HIDDEN COSTS!
Trevor was very informative & also followed up with issues & updates song the way before installation was done.
Jay was also very accommodating (given I was a stay home day with a very young daughter). At first installation date wasn’t seccessful (due to shipping) but was very professional in contacting us & letting us know exactly what was going on. Then the installation was very smooth & hassle free.
I would have no hesitation in referring any of my friends to SSG for either information & or installation.
We even had a follow up to make sure everything was working ok & we were happy with the services & advice we were given. Thanks so much SSG!!!

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Danos, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, we're glad that you've had a great experience with us! If you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Energy from the sun power to the people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

The friendly staf and attention to detail is what won me over to SSG Dealing with an Aus company and real people

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Graeme, thank you for your lovely comments, we are so appreciative that you have taken kindly to our level of customer service and attention to detail. If you ever find anything you think we can improve on please let us know.

Solar battery storage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Hi there, being fed up with electricity price buy backs I took the step to install a battery to store my unused power rather sell it back of a fraction of the buy in price. Matt the installer was on time and after an inspection where to position the unit, he and his assistant commenced the installation. They were very efficient precise with the location and very tide with all the cabling and inspected all the solar production and safety of the existing installation, they removed all the cartons and other rubbish and explained the operation etc. Very happy with the work carried out by Matt and would totally recommend his work he is an asset to the company.
Will update once I get the next bill to inform on the overall savings.
Cheers Robert

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Robert, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our experience with your solar installation! We're glad that our installer Matt was able to provide you with an incredible experience.

excelence job,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

well done, job finished quickly,after the battery is installed, I monitor the working of the battery via the Myenlighter apps, found out that it;s working very well and very happy to install the battery.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Alan, great to hear that you're regularly monitoring your solar battery with your MyEnlighten. Thank you for the fantastic review, if you ever think of anything we could improve on please let us know.

solar batteries

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Very happy with the service from Solar Service Group the install of the battery and the second battery was very well installed

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, we're happy to hear that you've had an excellent experience with our staff! If you think of anything we could improve on in the future please let us know.

Panels & Batteries

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

We installed solar panels approx 5 years ago and have enjoyed reduced electricity bills however with the constant price rises and threats of 'brown out's it was time to reassess our position. Installing a battery was the obvious answer and via Solar Service Group managed to obtain a package that suited our needs. Communication with the company has been faultless, installation of said battery was completed on time by very competent technical tradies and on the day of installation contact was again made with SSG to discuss having another battery installed. All questions were competently answered and suggestions to improve the value of having 2 batteries working were very welcome. The next battery arrives in 2 weeks! The decision to work with SSG has worked to our advantage. Thanks guys, keep up the great work.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Helen, we're so thrilled that our technician was able to provide you with incredible service! We do take pride in the level of attention to detail our technicians uphold. We look forward to your... read more »

Excellent Service and Results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

I had solar panels installed 2 years ago and noticed a nice reduction in my electricity bills but I always planned to install batteries so when Enphase offered a good deal I went ahead. The service man was on time, very polite and competent and answered all my questions. The wifi connection means I can follow my usage and amount taken from the grid or sent to the grid which gives a real sense of control. I've just received my latest electricity bill for $7.19. I think that says it all.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Verna, thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're glad that you have received such a low electricity bill. If you ever think of anything that we could improve on please let us know.

Solar Service Group Provide Great Service and Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

We recently had an additional 10 panels installed, followed by 3 Enphase batteries about 6 weeks later. We are now able to also see on-line how well the batteries are performing and the resultant reduction in reliance on power from the grid. We cannot thank Solar Service Group enough for the great service provided, including recommending the best solution for us. Communication has been excellent and we were regularly contacted with updates on status of our order and installation through the whole process.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Liz, we're ecstatic that you're very happy with the service and recommendation of your solar storage solution! We can't wait to see your electricity bills lower in the near future! IF you find a... read more »

Want to cut down your electricity bill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Install Batteries. Could not wait to check my bill since installing batteries to my existing solar panel system and surprise, it came down to $30.00. Advice, if you can afford it install them. Thanks SSG.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Nas, that's great to hear! Enjoy the savings on your electricity bills and if you ever think of anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We were offered an opportunity to service our panels. We installed our system and effectively forgot it - except to check how much solar power we generated. Lucky for us we accepted the invitation for a service. We found out that our system was not operating properly and the consequence was that we lost some solar generated power. The inspection was thorough and the technicians both friendly and informative. Thanks Solar Service Group - very helpful.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Barb, great to learn that your service brought your solar PV system back up to full operation! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, if you find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Belgrave, Victoria, Australia

Great Product Great Service Great Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I've had a system installed (16 panels and 1 battery) for nearly 12 months now and I can say without any hesitation In would recommend Solar Service Group as the go to installation company.
The whole installation process went very well and the monitoring application on your phone/tablet or computer is an excellent addition. They also do a cleaning program and the benefit after the clean was very noticeable.
The cost benefit in my instance is excellent and I am saving a lot of money that would otherwise got to the electrical retailer.
All in all a great and beneficial experience in my instance.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Stewart, thank you for your review, we're thrilled that after the panel clean that your solar panels are making a noticeable output difference. If you find anything that you think we could improve upon please let us know.

Verified Customer

This is perfect and it is great to be able to monitor it with the MyEnlighten app

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

The installation of 16 solar panels, providing 4KW of energy from the sun, was a good idea. The only problem was the loss of solar generated power when the sun went down, I needed some way of storing it economically and that is where Solar Service Group provided the solution. By having reliable advice about the needs and installation I could not fault them. The installation was quick, tidy carried out professionally with constant regard to my, the customers, needs and it was great to be able to monitor the system from Perth, where I was on holiday, back in Melbourne. I could not fault them.

January 9th 2018 Update: unbelievable.

6 December 2017 to 6 January 2018 Total cost of electricity $6.17, Daily Electricity cost $0.20
This the effect of having Solar Panels and Solar batteries for storage and over night use.
Unbelievable.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Frank, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that you are enjoying the benefits of remote monitoring of your solar system! If you ever find anything that you think we can improve on please let us know.

Great results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

My 7 year old solar system was carefully tested and compliance issues were clearly explained. I was very pleased with the subsequent efficient service and compliance resolutions and the final prompt, meticulous inspection was most gratifying. My telephone inquiries have all been professionally and pleasantly conducted.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Sue, thank you for providing us with your feedback, we're glad that we've been able to assist you with your solar system to ensure its up to current safety standards! If you ever find anything that we could improve on please let us know.

Cannot wait to see the savings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

All went well the installation was seamless, the installers were great. I was a. Bit disappointed after paying that we had to wait a bit
To long, I do understand we are in a country town. Asham you don't have more installers. The office back up kept us informed at all times.

December 6th 2017 Update: Hugh Savings

My last post said I was looking forward to seeing some savings. Two months later I'm now in credit with my provider
Of $100.25. Our daily charge can be between-$6 to -$2 per day. We like everyone else have been using our air conditioner.
I'm a very happy customer. Love our new batteries.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Cathy and Tony, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that your installation was great, we appreciate your patience with the unexpected delay. If you ever th... read more »

Saving $$$$$$$$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

We installed one battery and the savings were very impressive, sowe have ordered two more which should just about take us off the grid.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Brian and Nerida, thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is great to see that you have received great savings from your solar battery. If you ever find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Very good product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Had my system installed some six weeks ago and already seeing signs of saving money, may have to look at a second battery as I’m still selling back to the grid where I could be using it myself, excellent product and very good back up service

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Joe, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that you're already seeing the benefits of solar battery technology! If you ever find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Taylors Hill

Professional and Appropriate Advice and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

The Solar Service Group specialists provided professional and appropriate advice on my battery storage needs taking into account solar PV panel output capacity and power consumption pattern. The high quality modular Enphase batteries supplied will allow for easy expansion if needed, and the Enlighten monitoring system via the internet provides near real-time viewing of the total system power flows including solar panel power production, household power consumption, grid and battery power flows, and battery state-of-charge. Solar Service Group will also be providing follow-up monitoring and maintenance services for the total solar power system.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your experience with us and your solar batteries. We're glad that you have found the Enlighten monitoring syst... read more »

Saving money straight away.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I had a battery installed to my existing solar panels on my house from Solar Service Group a couple months ago. Since been installed I saving $1.89 per day off my first electricity bill since battery was installed.
Solar service Group was great to help me explain and understand how the battery works and savings can be saved. The enlighten app is great and you can track your hourly usage. See when the battery cuts works against the grid.
All a great experience to deal with this company.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Will, thanks for the review! We are glad to hear your solar battery is helping you save on your electricity bills. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

Paralowie, South Australia

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Solar System Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I have a total of 17 solar panels on my roof which have been there for about 6 years. They have never been serviced. After seeing an ad for SSG I decided to have my panels serviced for the first time. It took a while for an appointment but on the due day the tech arrived. He explained what he was going to do and went ahead. After a short while I decided to ask some questions about my service with which he replied to me in layman's terms, things I did not totally understand about Solar energy etc. I also asked whether a Battery would help my situation. He told me that with the feed-in tariff I am receiving it would not be worth the cost and would not benefit right now. Once the feed-in tariff decreases in a few years, then the need for a battery. The tech was totally honest with me, and very polite and professional. I did have to wait a while for the on-site report to be sent but after a quick phone call it arrvied by email that same day. I have called SSG a few times and have had some difficulty getting through but just tried later and got straight through. All in all a great experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with one of our technicians. Please let us know if you ever find something you think we could improve on.

Brunswick Heads

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

They are there for the customer not for there pocket!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

We have signed up for the battery trial. The people we spoke to were easy to understand, patient, polite and willing to answer all questions we asked and if we didn't understand anything they were happy to explain in a more simplified form. They were not pushy or rude but happy to let us decide in our own time. We are eagerly awaiting the installation of our batteries. Would be happy to recommend them to others.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Marj, thanks for such a lovely review! I am glad to hear your journey with us has been a pleasant one! I will pass the positive feedback on to the team. I hope the rest of your experience with u... read more »

1 of 3 pages

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

I have 12 panels and was wondering what the cost wld be to install a battery Thks Deborah Email address us: deb_owens@optusnet.com.au

deb1409 asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Each household is different, as it depends on how much energy your panels are producing and what your household energy consumption is. If you could please call us on
1300 40 41 42 with your latest electricity bill, one of our solar specialist will be able to run a bill analysis and inform you on the best battery system for you.

Kind regards