• 2 comments
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

Don't fall for subsidized field trial.

Unsolicited letters sent to houses with solar panels (seen via satellite) inform you that you are the lucky few selected for a half-price field trial. You are to register your interest in finding out more details by giving your contact details on a website which looks genuine enough. But the website has little genuine information on prices, products, history and so on.

Next thing a sale person rings you up to tell you (what you already know) that the electricity grid is ripping you off, buying your solar electricity for peanuts during the day and then charging you several times what they pay you when you use their electricity at night, after sun goes down. Wow, batteries are the answer.

Then they offer you a system at "half price" in exchange for collecting and monitoring your usage for three years, including premium servicing. Sounds a good deal? Of course they tell you over the phone some details about Enphase battery in the deal, the monitoring electronics, the weather-proof casing etc. Even though I'm a trained physicist, I could not work out the details of how it works over the phone and assumed the deal may be just reasonable, worth seeing some details..

You have to put down about 20 percent deposit to be guaranteed a spot in the trial, which is in hot demand - hurry! They will send you all technical details and the contract once you are in the trial. Well the fantastic deal costs about $4,200 consisting of one 1.2Kwh (kilo watt hour) battery and monitoring electronics. Apart from the "premium servicing", the deal is no deal at all, the Enphase 1.2 kwh battery costs about $2,000 and it is totally inadequate. After installation, you would have to buy several more of those batteries at substantial cost (presumably from them).

The 1.2kwh lithium-ion battery has about 260 watt power enough to power two 100 watt and one 60 watt light bulb - cannot power anything serious, like a 2 kilo watt oven. There is enough stored electricity to power a 100 watt light bulb for 12 hours - pitiful amount of energy. My solar panels collect energy at an average of around 3.5kw and collects about 25kwh on a sunny winter's day. This battery stores less than 5 percent of that! How is that going to save me money?

At 260 watts of power, it takes about 5 hours of sunshine to fully charge the 1.2kwh battery. This means you can charge and discharge the battery only once a day. Assuming you discharge your battery at peak period, when electricity is most expensive (at night) and in Sydney, it is currently 27 cents per kwh, then you would save 32.4 cents per day! You would be saving at most $10 per month or $120 per year with perfect sunshine everyday!

The Enphase battery has a 10-year warranty giving you at most a saving $1,200 before it dies. Spending $4,200 for a benefit of $1,200 saving, you've got to be a moron? Solar Service Group (SSG) is looking for morons. Initially I withdrew this review after SSG gave my deposit money back, on the basis that it is impossible to agree to a contract without seeing all the details. My conscience has got the better of me - I need to help others.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lyonwiss The Solar Service Group Field Trial is a legitimate offer made by the Solar Services Group. The purpose of this exercise is to collect energy data from the participants to demonstrat... read more »

I'm technically qualified. It makes no sense to claim two cycles per day. Do the maths. At near peak power (<260w), it takes about five hours to charge the 1.2 kwh battery (assuming full capacit... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Please see the response from Enphase in regard to your statement. "Thank you for your feedback. The Enphase Home Energy Solution is for homeowners who want to optimise their energy and maximise... read more »

Melbourne

• 6 questions
  • 13 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

As far as I can tell, not a real field trial-wish I'd read reviews before signing up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We got sucked into getting one of these batteries installed for a so called "field trial". I always wondered how they targeted us, but thanks to another reviewer (lyonwiss) I now understand how they got our address.
I started to get suspicious when, after filling out the form, we were contacted almost immediately to be part of the trial. And they wanted a large deposit (20%) up-front to "process the order". They then organised for the installers to come out and wanted payment in full before that happened. We were also told we would be given information about the trial, but the installers had no idea. I made part payment after the installers left and informed the office, via email that's what I had done. They then emailed back to encourage me to make the total payment by another method.

Apparently you are supposed to download an app and register so you can get the details and readouts from the unit. Bit hard to do that though when Solar Service Group won't send you the relevant info, despite repeated requests
I also asked a number of, what I thought were, relevant questions about the so called field trial - like how many people have signed up, how many are needed for the trial to be relevant and worthwhile, what the actual aim of the trial is and are our personal details kept private or sold on to a third party?

None of these have been answered, I was just directed to the website, which is just PR and answers none of these relevant questions

Now, I have no technical expertise when it comes to these types of units ...but as far as I can tell, this "field trial" appears to have been a way to get people hooked on what they thought was a half price deal...so my advice would be do your homework first.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lilly Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time to write it. I am sorry to hear that you feel our field trial is not legitimate. I can confirm for you that this is not t... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

Field Trial? Really?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Congratulations reading this review before signing up and avoiding this con just saved you thousands. If however, like me, you've already signed welcome to hours on hold on the phone and ignored emails asking simple questions. If $4k is not a lot of money to you then the pre install and install service is great...read all the 5 star reviews!!!what's not taken into account is life after the installation, its not so good ...really..."we're experiencing a high volume of calls" wears a bit thin after a couple of months. Plus it appears I probably paid twice what I should have to shave a fraction off my power bill:sad but true. I was then offered an extra battery for $2500 to help shave another few bucks off my power bill(what a joke!). My advice is to move on,there's worse things in life than blowing a few grand and the Enlighten ap is fun for us oldies to play with anyway.

September 28th 2017 Update: Got my bill saved $100

I actually have had a power bill since installation unlike the 4 or 5 star reviews and found it saved just under $100 this sunny quarter. $400/year saved means 10 years to break even and that's if there's no hassles and lots of sun.

January 1st 2018 Update: Have not received service promised

No one has checked our solar system despite paying $800 Platinum Service Fee now our whole solar system has stopped working. The 1.2kw battery has not helped save on electricity costs much, if at all. I will change this post if Solar Service Group live up to their name and honour their contract not just flip me another email promise.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Silversurfer, thanks so much for the feedback, and our apologies on the service you have received after install, that's certainly not up to the level we want people to receive. Call you please e... read more »

All I wanted was to get the service inspections I was made to pay $800 extra for so that my concerns would have been attended to not just emails telling me technicians will reply(never happened) or... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Silversurfer, we have tried numerous times to contact you to remedy this issue however have not received your contact details to follow this up. Please contact us on 1300 40 41 42 with your orde... read more »

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Unscrupalous Marketing Campaign

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I received a letter from this organisation. The letter was alarming. Stating all sorts of threats and dangers exist with owning solar systems and implying that bad things will ensue if I did not contact them so they could sort it out. I sent the letter to the Office of Fair Trading and to the ACCC. I was advised that such letters are unlawful and should be ignored. They advised that any people who receive similar letters should approach them so that action can be taken.

March 7th 2017 Update: Breached by the ACCC

Well clearly the ACCC disagrees with you. I received a letter from the ACCC that clearly outlined the actions they have taken. The company was breached by the ACCC for deceptive and misleading conduct.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I had a response from the ACCC. The company has been breached under the Competition and Consumer Act.

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Didn't install product correctly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I got a battery installed on the 21 8 2017 and it has not been connected so I am saving on electricity and it is now the 28 9 2017. They good at taking your money but not turning the battery on straight away. There putting the blame onto someone else that connects it to the grid. What a joke one very unhappy customer.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Loza, thanks so much for the feedback, and our apologies on the service you have received,. Call you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply below with your order number and I will ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Promises Promises

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I enlisted the services of Solar Sevice Group earlier this year, initially for an assessment of my existing 16 panel system. Upon reading their report and also the suggestion to install Enphase batteries in order to optimise my solar system, I committed to their proposal.
Needless to say, full payment was required by the technician on the day to work was undertaken. The installer was efficient to the best of my knowledge and when he realised that he was missing a component that was to be supplied, he assured me that he would contact Head Office and have the problem resolved promptly.
That was five months ago and still no resolution despite multiple promises from "customer service". All I require is what I have paid for, no more no less.
Do not trust this company and it is off to Fair Trading for me.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Chris I am sorry to hear you've had issues with your installation. Can you please supply me with your order number so I can investigate the situation and have someone call you to have your in... read more »

Bridgeman Downs, Qld

• 3 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Still waiting?!?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I couldn't get anyone to contact me by phone or email. I have left messages and emailed them from their online query form but 2 weeks later I'm still waiting. You can take the "Service" out of solar service group.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Marcus

We are terribly sorry that you have not had someone contact you. This is not up to our company standard. I have found your enquiry and I have passed it on to a sales consultant to call you asap.

Kind regards
SSG

Since writing this review SSG have contacted me and I have finally got some answers to my questions. It is a shame that some people have to go to this length to get a reply and you are correct, the... read more »

Private message

Rip-off! Do not trust this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Paid $297 call out fee to assess the problem with my solar system. Was promised a diagnostic report. Almost 3 weeks later and I still haven't received the report. The technician took about an hour and did a thorough check, but only diagnosed. Almost 3 weeks later still haven't received the promised report.
It was a waste of $297. Other technicians will come out for free to diagnose and quote for a repair.
Do not waste your money with Solar Service Group, Box Hill. Would give it 0 stars if I could!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback and I apologise for the experience that you have had as this is not up to our usual standards. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply bel... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Poor follow up service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I have placed an order more than 2 months ago, I didnt get any response until I gave them a call, in return, i finally get a confirmation message "Someone will give you a call later

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

In the end, I am glad that someone from their backoffice step in and assist me with all my enquiries. Happy customer at the end.

Hi Jac.

Glad we could rectify the situation for you! Again, apologies for the poor service you received. Thanks for bringing this to our attention as we have now reviewed and updated our process to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Private message

Regret dealing with this company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Went with this company after receiving an offer for "field trial" on solar batteries and have regretted it. Communication is very poor, no-one is ever available to take your calls and they promise to get back to you and do not do so in a timely manner. Was advised there was a problem with my system and was booked for a service call for which I had to pay a large deposit which in March but I did not get the service call until the end of May even though I phoned them numerous time during that period to enquire when they would be sending someone and was told they would pass my enquiry on to the scheduling department. Three months where I was gaining nothing from my system. The only time they ever seem to contact you is when they are trying to sell you something extra. I have spent thousands with them and the service received is almost non-existent.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Top Cat, thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the experience that you've had thus far as this is not our regular standard of service. We would really appreciate it if you could privat... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Should change their name to Solar take-your-money-and-don't-offer-any-services group

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

I paid my 20% deposit on 19th October and was told that I would be contacted mid November to arrange installation before the end of November. Here we are 29th Jan and still haven't been given an installation date. I have had several calls to date telling me that they are 'working towards' an installation date. After complaining about the length of time it's taking, I've been told that they are "training new technicians" - seriously it's not brain surgery.... how long does this training take???? I've read the other reviews and most people seem happy with their service. I'm not!!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Julie, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We apologise for the delay that your order is experiencing. If you could please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au with you... read more »

claremont meadows, nsw

Private message

the product might be good i dont know the battery system dosent work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

several attempts to install system missing components no answers on completion hard to get response still not working no clues still waiting shod of used a Sydney based company

May 5th 2018 Update: Solar battery

Had a solar battery system installed by solar service group who had several attempts and numerous phone calls most not responded to after lodging a complaint to fair trade the system progressed with components missing and so on it was completed the system did not work after more calls and attempts to repair system they decided the management system was not compatible with lg battery they finally replaced it with a power wall two battery which I had a cheaper quote elsewhere and quicker it was installed by there co company sun bright solar who had to come out a second time to fix up there stuff up after lots of phone calls solar services group was fined for breaking some consumer law they still haven’t provided me with two wifi power switches as per quote .I would not use them again. Power wall two great system. I stressing slowly X stressed order number 11963

May 7th 2018 Update: Previous review from stressed

From stressed previous review l wrote co partner sunbright solar to solar services group . It should have read sunbank solar sorry for the mistake .stressed

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the service that you have received as this is not up to our usual standards. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or private me... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I wouldn't use this company again. I had issues with an installation and which they promised to rectify over a three week period and failed to do so. All talk and no action.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Francis, I apologise for the experience that you have unfortunately had with regards to your installation. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply below with your order number so we can ensure that this has been rectified.

Sydney

Private message

Do not believe the sales pitch - very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I did my research, but the sales person promised better service for a higher price. Do not believe them. Ordered and paid a deposit in early November, promised installation by late Nov, but definitely in December. System finally up and running in March. And all along the process there were no responses to weekly calls plus unsatisfactory answers to questions. I would not recommend them to anyone. Very disappointed.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Andrew, we apologise for the service that you have received as this is not up to our standards. Could you please private message or reply with your relevant order reference number so that we can... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Andrew, unfortunately without your assistance we will not be able to resolve this issue. If you could please respond with your relevant order number we can investigate this situation and review current procedures.

Private message

Solar Service Is what i required -----It Does not exist with this company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Paid 26.9.2017 for Service to my existing Solar system. Its now 15.1.2018 And we are STILL waiting for them to attend. Numerous excuses after my 6 phone calls, Solar Service?? is there name but not there game.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Chris, we are very sorry as this is not up to our usual standards. If you could please private message us or email at hello@solarservicegroup.com.au with your order reference number we can follow this up immediately.

Horsham

Private message

Dont know what they are talking about

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I was coerced by a fast talking sales person on the phone into a enphase battery. They mentioned that its "a battery" and "compared to tesla" no mention of size on the battery, after installation I have found out it is saving me no more that $36 per year. Misleading and a rip off. Will take nearly 100 years to pay back and only warranty for 10 ???? Only positive fast installation (i guess it stops people cancelling after finding the truth) Would not recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Dear David, We are very concerned with how you arrived at this figure and what you have stated in your post, as this is simply not possible. We have investigated internally and you should be sa... read more »

sydney

Verified Customer

Totally unacceptable customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I ordered the Tesla battery on the 9th January 2018.
The unit arrived at my house on the 4th April.
The installation arrived on the 4th April. They were not equipped with the right equipment to do the works.
The unit was put on bricks and a car jack was used to raise the unit onto the bracket. This did not work.
I personally had to assist in trying to raise the unit onto the bracket.
The installation team left that day saying they would return the next day.
It is now the 10th April and no one has returned.
The company has not replied to my phone calls which I have done on a daily basics.
I think this is most unprofessional and considering that the unit was not removed from the truck until full payment was made.
I now have a Tesla unit sitting at the side of house paid for, not installed and no idea what is happening.
If I do not receive any communication by the end of business today 10th of April. I will be putting the matter in the hands of my solicitor.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Kermit, we apologise for the unfavorable experience that you have had regarding your solar battery installation. To clarify there were some challenges with your particular installation that were... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Did not supply nor install solar panels panels contracted for.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

This solar Group has completely failed us. Agreed to pay a refund but without any contact, withheld $315.00. This matter is ongoing but us pensioners, we are quite worried.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you for your review and we apologise for the experience that you have had thus far. Unless otherwise discussed or due to our terms and conditions Solar Service Group does not withhold any... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

quick reaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

After I wrote review on last Saturday, Solar Service Group takes quick action this time. Yesterday (Tue) a technician came to my home, explained the problem for me, and fixed it. The battery is normal now. This time, I give Solar Service Group 5 stars. But, I think if Solar Service Group can improve the communication with their customer and provide more information of their product would be better for their business.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Yun. thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. I am glad to notify you that since April we have sought to improve our level of communicatio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

This is great to know that I have battery backup when it is needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

The guys that installed the battery were very courteous and cleaned up any mess that was made. I would recommend them anytime. I would recommend this company. They were upfront in all dealings.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Josie, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're very happy that we could give you an excellent experience with your solar battery installation! If you'd like to see us make improvement... read more »

1 of 7 pages