Sydney

Private message

Would not given a written quote/undertake

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We received an unsolicited letter invitation to join a ‘data collection trial’. After a longish phone discussion and a phone quote I asked for the details of exactly what was being offered in the package. I was informed “we don’t do it that way”. At that point we agreed to stop. If a company is not repaired to provide a written undertaking, I’m not prepared to take them on trust.

I love solar batteries

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Solar Service was efficient and professional. Our power bill has been greatly reduced by a single battery and we tend to use appliances like the dish washer and stove when the sun is shining. We now have two batteries on Solar Service's recommendation and we look forward to even more savings.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We're so thrilled to learn that your electricity bills have reduced and you're enjoying your savings! If there's anything y... read more »

Prompt and attentive service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Solar Service Group has done what they said they would, in a friendly and timely manner. Very happy with the service and the installation - which has cut our electricity bill significantly.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Anthony, thank you for taking the time to write your review! We're thrilled that you're pleased with the service that you have received and are already seeing a reduction on your household energ... read more »

Terrigal

Quality service & installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

From Trevor (sales) Thro to Jay (installation) our experience has been absolutely top notch!! There were no hidden agendas or more importantly NO HIDDEN COSTS!
Trevor was very informative & also followed up with issues & updates song the way before installation was done.
Jay was also very accommodating (given I was a stay home day with a very young daughter). At first installation date wasn’t seccessful (due to shipping) but was very professional in contacting us & letting us know exactly what was going on. Then the installation was very smooth & hassle free.
I would have no hesitation in referring any of my friends to SSG for either information & or installation.
We even had a follow up to make sure everything was working ok & we were happy with the services & advice we were given. Thanks so much SSG!!!

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Danos, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, we're glad that you've had a great experience with us! If you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Did not supply nor install solar panels panels contracted for.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

This solar Group has completely failed us. Agreed to pay a refund but without any contact, withheld $315.00. This matter is ongoing but us pensioners, we are quite worried.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you for your review and we apologise for the experience that you have had thus far. Unless otherwise discussed or due to our terms and conditions Solar Service Group does not withhold any... read more »

Energy from the sun power to the people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

The friendly staf and attention to detail is what won me over to SSG Dealing with an Aus company and real people

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Graeme, thank you for your lovely comments, we are so appreciative that you have taken kindly to our level of customer service and attention to detail. If you ever find anything you think we can improve on please let us know.

Solar battery storage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Hi there, being fed up with electricity price buy backs I took the step to install a battery to store my unused power rather sell it back of a fraction of the buy in price. Matt the installer was on time and after an inspection where to position the unit, he and his assistant commenced the installation. They were very efficient precise with the location and very tide with all the cabling and inspected all the solar production and safety of the existing installation, they removed all the cartons and other rubbish and explained the operation etc. Very happy with the work carried out by Matt and would totally recommend his work he is an asset to the company.
Will update once I get the next bill to inform on the overall savings.
Cheers Robert

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Robert, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our experience with your solar installation! We're glad that our installer Matt was able to provide you with an incredible experience.

Wifi Blues.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We had our battery installed on December 19, 2017. The technician did a great and very neat job. We were impressed with his workmanship. We had been charged $499.00 on top of the fee for the installation because the Wi-Fi was not strong enough. About 4 pm on Wednesday 20th of December 2017, we had a conversation with a customer service officer, and subsequently we had to speak with the section manager, L. He was very helpful and patient explaining to us the details. We are happy to report that everything has been resolved.
Our best regards. Merry Christmas guys.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Craig, thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our experience with us and your installation. We're glad to have been able to resolve the issue and look forward to helping you save mo... read more »

excelence job,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

well done, job finished quickly,after the battery is installed, I monitor the working of the battery via the Myenlighter apps, found out that it;s working very well and very happy to install the battery.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Alan, great to hear that you're regularly monitoring your solar battery with your MyEnlighten. Thank you for the fantastic review, if you ever think of anything we could improve on please let us know.

This is the WORST Company I have ever had to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Quick to take your money but then silence!
4- 6 week delivery they said, then 12 weeks later, still waiting, NO communication from them with a delivery date.
Then after several phone calls and e-mails, I finally an able to drag a delivery in 2 weeks, 4 days out that date is broken. I get another delivery date, that is broken.
I get another delivery date, this time they arrive but before starting work they insist in full payment. Then they claim that there is a part missing so they can’t finish it that day. After another set of phone calls and emails, I get a delivery of 7.30- 9.00am 3 days later. On the day, at 10.00am no show so again I e-mail them – reply is they will be there between 1- 2.00pm. They don’t show up, so AGAIN I email, they will get back to me with an up-date, I try and phone them again at 4.22pm NO REPLY! so I write this review.

Up-Date:
We have now come to an agreement to resolve the issue, although this is going to take a further 6 weeks now to exchange parts:- Ho-hum - Happy Christmas

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review and we sincerely apologise for the issues that have arisen during the course of scheduling your installation and the lack of c... read more »

Seven Hills

Unfinished work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

solar took a deposit 3 months ago to bring solar panels, switches on the power box to Australian standards. Also they cannot communicate with power system and has not try to fix it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Terry, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We apologise for the unsatisfactory experience that you have received. If you could please email hello@solarservicegroup.co... read more »

claremont meadows, nsw

Private message

the product might be good i dont know the battery system dosent work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

several attempts to install system missing components no answers on completion hard to get response still not working no clues still waiting shod of used a Sydney based company

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the service that you have received as this is not up to our usual standards. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or private me... read more »

solar batteries

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Very happy with the service from Solar Service Group the install of the battery and the second battery was very well installed

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, we're happy to hear that you've had an excellent experience with our staff! If you think of anything we could improve on in the future please let us know.

Panels & Batteries

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

We installed solar panels approx 5 years ago and have enjoyed reduced electricity bills however with the constant price rises and threats of 'brown out's it was time to reassess our position. Installing a battery was the obvious answer and via Solar Service Group managed to obtain a package that suited our needs. Communication with the company has been faultless, installation of said battery was completed on time by very competent technical tradies and on the day of installation contact was again made with SSG to discuss having another battery installed. All questions were competently answered and suggestions to improve the value of having 2 batteries working were very welcome. The next battery arrives in 2 weeks! The decision to work with SSG has worked to our advantage. Thanks guys, keep up the great work.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Helen, we're so thrilled that our technician was able to provide you with incredible service! We do take pride in the level of attention to detail our technicians uphold. We look forward to your... read more »

Excellent Service and Results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

I had solar panels installed 2 years ago and noticed a nice reduction in my electricity bills but I always planned to install batteries so when Enphase offered a good deal I went ahead. The service man was on time, very polite and competent and answered all my questions. The wifi connection means I can follow my usage and amount taken from the grid or sent to the grid which gives a real sense of control. I've just received my latest electricity bill for $7.19. I think that says it all.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Verna, thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're glad that you have received such a low electricity bill. If you ever think of anything that we could improve on please let us know.

Solar Service Group Provide Great Service and Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

We recently had an additional 10 panels installed, followed by 3 Enphase batteries about 6 weeks later. We are now able to also see on-line how well the batteries are performing and the resultant reduction in reliance on power from the grid. We cannot thank Solar Service Group enough for the great service provided, including recommending the best solution for us. Communication has been excellent and we were regularly contacted with updates on status of our order and installation through the whole process.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Liz, we're ecstatic that you're very happy with the service and recommendation of your solar storage solution! We can't wait to see your electricity bills lower in the near future! IF you find a... read more »

Want to cut down your electricity bill

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Install Batteries. Could not wait to check my bill since installing batteries to my existing solar panel system and surprise, it came down to $30.00. Advice, if you can afford it install them. Thanks SSG.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Nas, that's great to hear! Enjoy the savings on your electricity bills and if you ever think of anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Balgowlah Heights. Sydney.

• 1 comment
Private message

Batteries are essential, if Solar panels installed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I’m glad to be able to store power from Solar panels. To use off peak hours.
I have 4 Enphase batteries, working well on sunny days, to save sending my power to the Grid.
My Enlighten App is excellent. Easy to use to check production and saving. Easy to read. With follow up from Solar Service Group.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, thank you for your review. We're glad that you have found the ease and simplicity of the MyEnlighten App with assistance from our Solar Specialists. If you ever think of anything we could improve on please let us know.

Enlighten App excellent. How can I take power from Grid overnight at Off Peak Rates. Also will there be anything in future to allow batteries to work in a Blackout. Please can you send the Newslett... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Daphne, a member of our Operations Team has been in contact with you regarding the off-peak charging, if you need any more assistance with this please let us know. Unfortunately, Enphase does ... read more »

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We were offered an opportunity to service our panels. We installed our system and effectively forgot it - except to check how much solar power we generated. Lucky for us we accepted the invitation for a service. We found out that our system was not operating properly and the consequence was that we lost some solar generated power. The inspection was thorough and the technicians both friendly and informative. Thanks Solar Service Group - very helpful.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Barb, great to learn that your service brought your solar PV system back up to full operation! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, if you find anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

Belgrave, Victoria, Australia

Great Product Great Service Great Result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I've had a system installed (16 panels and 1 battery) for nearly 12 months now and I can say without any hesitation In would recommend Solar Service Group as the go to installation company.
The whole installation process went very well and the monitoring application on your phone/tablet or computer is an excellent addition. They also do a cleaning program and the benefit after the clean was very noticeable.
The cost benefit in my instance is excellent and I am saving a lot of money that would otherwise got to the electrical retailer.
All in all a great and beneficial experience in my instance.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Stewart, thank you for your review, we're thrilled that after the panel clean that your solar panels are making a noticeable output difference. If you find anything that you think we could improve upon please let us know.

1 of 4 pages

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

I have 12 panels and was wondering what the cost wld be to install a battery Thks Deborah Email address us: deb_owens@optusnet.com.au

deb1409 asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Each household is different, as it depends on how much energy your panels are producing and what your household energy consumption is. If you could please call us on
1300 40 41 42 with your latest electricity bill, one of our solar specialist will be able to run a bill analysis and inform you on the best battery system for you.

Kind regards