An ex excellent job. Done when we were told it would be done.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

We found this company was up front with all our dealings. There were no hidden charges. Certainly not the cheapest but certainly the best.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! If there's anything that you think we could improve on in the future please don't hesitate to contact us.

This is awesome love the technology

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Precise, understandable and great for tracking and understanding usage and the team have been helpful in all areas from beginning and helping us understand everything

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Deborah, thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us as part of our Solar Energy Independence Initiative (SEII). We're very glad our team could provide you with easy to understand recommend... read more »

Highly advanced technology.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

From the day I contacted Solar Service Group they have been more than helpful.
The gentleman I first spoke to explained the Enphase battery system, how the system works and how it could benefit us.
The company followed up with calls with times to expect the technicians prior to site inspection and they were on time. The same applied prior to installation and they were on time as well.
The installation was completed quickly and efficiently with no fuss or disruption to us.
The technicians did a very neat job and cleaned up after themselves.
The next day we had another call from Solar Service Group to explain the system and also the Enlighten Software that was installed at the same time.
This software is incredible and allows us to track all our power production from the solar panels, our usage from the panels, the usage and the amount of power used or sold back to the main grid, and the amount of charge and discharge to the Enphase battery system.
We then had another follow up call from Solar Service Group who also monitors our Enlighten system, seven days after install to let us know that the whole system was working to peak efficiency and to make sure we understood how to read the software correctly.
My wife and I are more than happy with the service we have received and the comfort of knowing that we can contact Solar Service group at any time with any questions we may have.

Peter and Beth McMeikan W.A.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, thanks for sharing your recent experience with us for your solar solution installation as part of our Solar Energy Independence Initiative (SEII). We're so glad that you appreciate and en... read more »

Quality Service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

From the time I decided to purchase a Solar Battery from Solar Group the Service I received was fantastic. From the initial conversation as to which system to purchase, and also allowing me the time to come up with the Balance of the system to pay when the battery was installed, I was never rushed. When I was ready contact was made and a quick follow up call from Solar Group to book in the installation date was seamless and easy. The installation didn’t take long at all, and a follow up service call to double check the connection of the battery was completed also. Monitoring identified that the system was not operating as it should be, and I received a call to organise a follow up to identify what the issue is. Every step has been easy to follow and the service has been exceptional. Thank you Solar Service Group for your professionalism and great service. A+++ Kind Regards
Matt & Jacqueline Garratt

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Matt thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. It's so great to hear that you've received such commendable service from our entire team from start to finish! If there's anything you th... read more »

Verified Customer

This is the logical solution to countering the spiraling costs of electricity - Smart Kat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Using the computer/mobile phone apps has been a revelation regarding my use of power. I no longer just use power, I now manage my power usage - that way saving even more on my power bills without jumping from one provider to another - though this might be a consideration at a later date. Through the clever software, I've been able to truely plan my consumption.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi LenK, it's so great to hear that you've taken back control of your home-energy usage with your solar monitoring platform. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience with us please don't hesitate to let us know.

Verified Customer

Looking forward to saving money

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The solar battery is great so far even though we are going into winter. We were always give a online tool that lets us see exactly what our panels are doing and how much we are storing and using. Looking forward to getting cheaper electricity bills. The service is amazing and the staff are brilliant to deal with and are happy to answer any questions. The after sales service is amazing a well. I can not recommend Solar Group enough as all deals with them has been a pleasure

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lynda, thanks for sharing your experience with us! It's great to hear that you've had a 5-star experience with your solar battery installation. If there's anything that you would like to see us improve on don't hesitate to let us know.

Verified Customer

Excellent, should have done it ages ago

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

The proof will be in the pudding when the electricity bills come through, and we can compare the difference, we hope it makes a difference, we found the Solar Service Group to be very efficient, and the installation of the batteries was done very professionally.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Russell, thanks for sharing your experience with us! If there's anything you think we can improve on in the future don't hesitate to let us know.

Totally unacceptable customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I ordered the Tesla battery on the 9th January 2018.
The unit arrived at my house on the 4th April.
The installation arrived on the 4th April. They were not equipped with the right equipment to do the works.
The unit was put on bricks and a car jack was used to raise the unit onto the bracket. This did not work.
I personally had to assist in trying to raise the unit onto the bracket.
The installation team left that day saying they would return the next day.
It is now the 10th April and no one has returned.
The company has not replied to my phone calls which I have done on a daily basics.
I think this is most unprofessional and considering that the unit was not removed from the truck until full payment was made.
I now have a Tesla unit sitting at the side of house paid for, not installed and no idea what is happening.
If I do not receive any communication by the end of business today 10th of April. I will be putting the matter in the hands of my solicitor.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Kermit, we apologise for the unfavorable experience that you have had regarding your solar battery installation. To clarify there were some challenges with your particular installation that were... read more »

Gulmarrad

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Fantastic Work!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

The whole process from the original phone call through to the installation was great. Up until the install I was contacted regularly to keep me informed of any updates to the install date and on the install day the installers called me to let me know they were about 30 minutes from my residence. Once on-site and the inspection was complete, the installers realised that I didn't need the outdoor battery covers & brackets so they were straight onto head office to advise. I had a credit for those materials the following day. The install was completed within 2 hours and Ion completion I was given a run down on the set up and advised that I would receive an email in the next couple of days that would give me access and information about my personal Solar System setup. When I was up and running on the system I received a follow up call to advise that an error to the battery storage reporting had been detected and they would be dispatching a technician for a site visit to rectify.
As my install was two weeks into my new billing cycle, I haven't as yet had the opportunity to see how the batteries have improved my grid expenditure. Speak to some one today from Solar Service Group to see if you can get onto this...

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Rob, thank you so much for your feedback on your installation with us! We're so glad that we could give you a 5-star experience with your entire solar battery system installation process. If the... read more »

A follow up since the installation. There was an issue with the way the reporting was being displayed on the MyEnlighten web-page, it was all over the place. I flagged this with Solar Service Grou... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Rob thanks for updating your experience since your initial installation, it's so good to learn that since your on-site visit your energy monitoring has empowered your household to be more energy... read more »

Solar facts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Great to see amount generated by panels and how it reduces importing energy. Great to feel helping to reduce energy consumption.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Coco, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If there's anything we can improve on please let us know.

Good service report on our five year old system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

We had a service inspection done and the report recommended to have some work done to upgrade it to comply with the latest specifications. We had this upgrade done by a very polite helpful electrician.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Peter, thanks for sharing your experience with us! We're glad that you chose Solar Service Group to upgrade your solar system to current Australian standards. If there's anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

An excellent job.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I am very impressed with the way the workers did the job. They came on time, they got straight into the job, it was clean and tidy and very polite.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Mariana, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! If there's anything that you think we can improve on in the future please let us know.

Perth

• 2 comments
Private message

Very easy and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Solar service group have been great from the start. The first time I called to enquire about the solar battery scheme they were very helpful, they explained it all to me clearly so I understood exactly what I would get.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Eric, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're so glad we could provide you with such a great service. If there's anything that you think we could improve on please let us know.

I should not have written this survey before it was installed. Now the technician can't come out today after I have taken the day off work with no pay only to have to take another day of work are you going to reimburse me for wasting my time?

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Eric, we are very sorry that your installation had to be rescheduled as our Technician was held up at the previous job of the day. We take great pride in ensuring that the work carried out by ou... read more »

Do not believe the sales pitch - very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I did my research, but the sales person promised better service for a higher price. Do not believe them. Ordered and paid a deposit in early November, promised installation by late Nov, but definitely in December. System finally up and running in March. And all along the process there were no responses to weekly calls plus unsatisfactory answers to questions. I would not recommend them to anyone. Very disappointed.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Andrew, we apologise for the service that you have received as this is not up to our standards. Could you please private message or reply with your relevant order reference number so that we can... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Andrew, unfortunately without your assistance we will not be able to resolve this issue. If you could please respond with your relevant order number we can investigate this situation and review current procedures.

Verified Customer

Battery backup gives me independence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

My Solar panels systems with battery backup serves 2 main purposes:-
1:- It assists the environment in reducing power from fossil fuels, and
2:- Gives me independence, I have health issues that requires 24/7 electrical power supply in my home. The closure of local base load power has caused many issues, however, I am now able to ensure my medical equipment can operate at all times without having to worry about a power shortage or blackout.
It is an investment in both my future and well being.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Bruce, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad that you can have peace of mind with your solar battery with blackout protection. If there's anything you think we can improve on please don't hesitate to let us know

Solar Batteries ...definitely the way to go!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

We were very pleased with the service, the price and installation.... after our first bill from our electricity supplier we were hoping for a better discount in our bill. But when we rang and spoke with SSG they researched our electricity account thoroughly and explained in detail as to the amount of electricity we were using and suggested positive changes on how we can save on $$ and not waste valuable electricity.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you so much for your review - we're glad that you had a great experience with us. If there's anything you think we could improve on in the future please let us know.

A needed addition to our solar panels

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

Excellent service, the service men cleaned up after working and it was a neatly done installation, with the job done as arranged.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Geraldine, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're so glad that our Technicians were able to give you a 5 star service! If there's anything you think we could improve on in the future please let us know.

I found the Solar Service Group very helpful
when I had a problem they were quite to act. the response was fast and helpful

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Christine, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It's so good to hear we were able to give you such a great experience. If there's anything we could improve on in the future please don't hesitate to let us know.

Excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

I cannot fault my recent service of SSG. The installer arrived on time, executed the work quickly and efficiently. I appreiciated the holding of the battery until I was able to manage the pay,ent!

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lynn, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's great to learn that we were able to provide you with 5 out of 5 experience! If there's anything you think we could improve on please let us know.

Money Saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Great product working very good and already saving money on power bill I would recommend this product to anyone who has solar panels or who is thinking about installing solar.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Wayne, thanks for sharing your experience with SSG! If there's anything you think we could improve on in the future don't hesitate to let us know.

1 of 7 pages

Your positive reviews appear day after day, yet the negative review stated you had difficulty getting trained people, how were you able to install some very quickly but left others waiting months? What battery capacity costs the quoted $5289???

Andy asked on Feb 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Andy, thank you for submitting your question. Solar Service Group installs various products and perform different services this requires varied levels of skills and training, as you can imagine depending on the product our Technician is installing would factor in how much training is required for the installation to be completed to high standards.
Like any other industry involved in home works, non-metropolitan customers can be found to experience slight delays due to the distance of the actual site to the Technician's area. You will find that we have recently trained and brought on many Technicians to ensure that customers do not experience delays in their service.
In terms of your quoted $5289, for us to accurately give you information on the products included in the price we will need to have a quick phone discussion as there are various campaign bundles at the moment. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42 for a no-obligation quote/discussion. Thanks, Donna

Hi My name is James I received a letter from your firm suggesting Vic Solar battery subsidised field trial I have tried to put an enter code you gave on your website, but i cannot open it Please contact me on jamesnnhuong@yahoo.com.au. Ia m interested in participating the program. I am thinking about putting a battery at my home in Mount Elisa. Wait for your reply. Thank you James

james asked on Aug 22, 2017

Hi James

Thanks for your enquiry. I have sent your email address on to our sales team. Someone will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 40 41 42 anytime.

I received two letters from your company today claiming to offer subsidised solar battery storage. Saying almost half the total cost - but no examples given. Sorry, but I'm wary after claims from companies for different things, giving similar "discounts". Why can't you give cost examples openly? I won't be calling, or registering interest, without at least some idea.

simply asked on Aug 02, 2017

Hi there

Thank you for raising your concerns.
Please see the link below to our website with further information about the letter you received.

The main reason we don't disclose our prices for this is because only a select number of homes have received this letters, and not everybody is eligible to participate. Because we are heavily subsidising our standard list price for participants in the program (in turn for participants providing feedback and information on their energy consumption), hence we cannot disclose the price to the general public.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 40 41 42 and one of our Solar Specialists will be able to provide you with more information and a no obligations quote if your are eligible.

Kind regards
Megan
Solar Service Group

Rang them today to get an idea of which batteries and size they were offering - both Enphase (come in 1.2V packs so can be expanded aas required) and LG Chem 6.5V. I
I'have a 5kW PV panel system and over the last 2 years since installation I have been monitoring solar PV output, consumption and export to the grid so and how much could potentially store. While if I had a battery system, in the sunnier months possibly not need to draw from the grid, but not so in winter. Remember that a battery warranty is only for 10 year and the storage capacity diminishes to around 65% over that period. However my calculation suggests that based on current power costs and FIT it would take nearly 20 years to cover the cost of the battery. The 6.5 V LG Chem batttery was being offered at $11.75 installed which was even greater than that for a Tesla Powerwall 2 (13.8V) for which another company quoted $11.5K installed.Therefore I might have been interested SSG offer if the cost was around $6.5K

Hi, Has anyone gone ahead with this offer?

Has it been worth it?

I have a 3kw system which faces west and the are saying with 5 yrs of maintenance included and a battery it is 5,000. So I would need to save $1000 a year to pay itself off in that time?

Thoughts?