Melbourne

Fantastic Service and Friendly Technicians

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

I recently received a letter from Solar Service Group regarding my solar system. I purchased my house in 2014 which had a 3kw system already installed when we bought our home. The previous owners did not provide any documentation on warranty or service history and we really didn’t know anything about solar or what we should be saving. After calling these guys and speaking over the phone they were able to advise that our system was under performing and stepped us through the readings on our invertor. They were also able to identify that one of the safety switches could be dangerous and part of a recalled product. They came out within a few days and ran my husband through some safety checks we could do and how to shut off the system. The best part was that we received a report a few days later with lots of tips on how we could save more money, not knowing anything about solar we’re really happy they were able to give us some guidance. We have just received our second bill after having a service and very surprised to see our credits increase on our Origin bill. Could not recommend these guys highly enough if you need any work done to your system.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Comet, thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. We are glad that we were able to provide you with recommendations on the safety of your solar PV system. If you ever find anything tha... read more »

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Top job, really good service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

Was not even aware I needed to have my solar system serviced! Thanks for the great work, and helpful information. They were great to deal with from start to finish, so helpful over the phone and the guys that came out were brilliant to deal with and showed me how to read my inverter. I will use these guys again for my next service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Kathy, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. If you ever find anything that you think that we could improve upon in the future please let us know.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Unscrupalous Marketing Campaign

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I received a letter from this organisation. The letter was alarming. Stating all sorts of threats and dangers exist with owning solar systems and implying that bad things will ensue if I did not contact them so they could sort it out. I sent the letter to the Office of Fair Trading and to the ACCC. I was advised that such letters are unlawful and should be ignored. They advised that any people who receive similar letters should approach them so that action can be taken.

March 7th 2017 Update: Breached by the ACCC

Well clearly the ACCC disagrees with you. I received a letter from the ACCC that clearly outlined the actions they have taken. The company was breached by the ACCC for deceptive and misleading conduct.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I had a response from the ACCC. The company has been breached under the Competition and Consumer Act.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Letter was not threatening.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I received a letter and it was an offer, nothing threatening. They told it like it is, i am looking at the battery offer as it makes perfect sense. Why sell back to grid at 5c and re-buy at 23c or more, it is definitely worth looking in to. Its whether the cost of battery gives value for money per kilowatt and your individual usage.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Spuddy, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, this is much appreciated. We're glad that you have taken advantage of this innovative technology designed to save househol... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I wouldn't use this company again. I had issues with an installation and which they promised to rectify over a three week period and failed to do so. All talk and no action.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Francis, I apologise for the experience that you have unfortunately had with regards to your installation. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply below with your order number so we can ensure that this has been rectified.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Fabulous service and quality product - very happy customer!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I shopped around for sometime researching various products before a friend recommended I give Solar Service Group a call... The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they followed up with all my queries on the same day!
I was even surprised by how efficient and professional the installation process was - something the tech staff just want to get in do their job, and leave! My service technician was chatty, personable and offered some really helpful advice on how to get the most out of the product.
I would highly recommend Solar Service Group for their overall professionalism and efficiency!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Whitney, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We pride ourselves on the level of service that both our technicians and specialists provide to our valued customers. If ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Friendly, Helpful Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

SSG installed panels and battery last week. Both the people on the phone and the installers were friendly efficient and even working in extreme heat were unfailingly cheerful and helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

HI J Hr, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we appreciate this very much. We pride ourselves on the level of service that our technicians and staff provide to our value... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Received the letter just in time!! Thank you.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Received a letter from this company. Thought it was another scam but followed it up with a phone call anyway. They visited my house, upgraded my 5kW system and installed a brilliant storage solution!! Saving again. Happy as Larry!

JW

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to write about our experience with us. We're glad that we were able to reassure you with our service and quality of our products. If you ever find anything th... read more »

Job well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

Emphases battery. Set up had a few problems. Then 2 battery's did not work but the installer went above & beyond &fixed the problem his workers were just great that goes for their whole coymany. Providers customer service & support was second to none .

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Grs, thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is much appreciated. We are glad that after a minor hiccup, our technician was able to provide you with a fantastic experi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

quick reaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

After I wrote review on last Saturday, Solar Service Group takes quick action this time. Yesterday (Tue) a technician came to my home, explained the problem for me, and fixed it. The battery is normal now. This time, I give Solar Service Group 5 stars. But, I think if Solar Service Group can improve the communication with their customer and provide more information of their product would be better for their business.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Yun. thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. I am glad to notify you that since April we have sought to improve our level of communicatio... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Poor follow up service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I have placed an order more than 2 months ago, I didnt get any response until I gave them a call, in return, i finally get a confirmation message "Someone will give you a call later

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

In the end, I am glad that someone from their backoffice step in and assist me with all my enquiries. Happy customer at the end.

Hi Jac.

Glad we could rectify the situation for you! Again, apologies for the poor service you received. Thanks for bringing this to our attention as we have now reviewed and updated our process to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Rip-off! Do not trust this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Paid $297 call out fee to assess the problem with my solar system. Was promised a diagnostic report. Almost 3 weeks later and I still haven't received the report. The technician took about an hour and did a thorough check, but only diagnosed. Almost 3 weeks later still haven't received the promised report.
It was a waste of $297. Other technicians will come out for free to diagnose and quote for a repair.
Do not waste your money with Solar Service Group, Box Hill. Would give it 0 stars if I could!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback and I apologise for the experience that you have had as this is not up to our usual standards. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply bel... read more »

Bridgeman Downs, Qld

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Still waiting?!?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I couldn't get anyone to contact me by phone or email. I have left messages and emailed them from their online query form but 2 weeks later I'm still waiting. You can take the "Service" out of solar service group.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Marcus

We are terribly sorry that you have not had someone contact you. This is not up to our company standard. I have found your enquiry and I have passed it on to a sales consultant to call you asap.

Kind regards
SSG

Since writing this review SSG have contacted me and I have finally got some answers to my questions. It is a shame that some people have to go to this length to get a reply and you are correct, the... read more »

Horsham

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Dont know what they are talking about

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I was coerced by a fast talking sales person on the phone into a enphase battery. They mentioned that its "a battery" and "compared to tesla" no mention of size on the battery, after installation I have found out it is saving me no more that $36 per year. Misleading and a rip off. Will take nearly 100 years to pay back and only warranty for 10 ???? Only positive fast installation (i guess it stops people cancelling after finding the truth) Would not recommend.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Dear David, We are very concerned with how you arrived at this figure and what you have stated in your post, as this is simply not possible. We have investigated internally and you should be sa... read more »

Very satisfied.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Solar battery installed. Set up took 2 hours was very efficient. Have not had battery long enough to know how good the system is 1 week only. Service was excellent.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Colmar, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad that you are satisfied with the service that you have received from us, if you ever think of anything that you think that we could improve upon please let us know.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A win win way to go green.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Going green, using solar energy before it goes to the grid, the little Endone battery came at a price I could afford. Installed promptly by polite workers, followed by monthly detailed
reports of function, with after sales service and care.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Grandma, thank you for taking the time to write your review of us. We're glad that you are enjoying the benefits of monthly reporting and our support. If you ever find anything that you think that we could improve on please let us know.

The wifi connection was re serviced but I have not received the detailed months reports.

Solar Service Group Official

Thank you for this, this is something that I can look into, could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au your order reference number and I will ensure that this is followed up.

Old school service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Tradesmen arrived on time finished the install then cleaned up.
Yes Old School Service
I would have no hesitation in recommending Solar Service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Silver Fox, thank you for taking the time to write your review, we're glad that you have had a great experience with us. If you ever find anything that we could improve on please let us know.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great Company. Very Good Service Great Staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

We had an existing system updated to be able to add batteries. We have not had any electrical issues since with the update. They came when they said they would and did what was agreed for both the service of the unit and the update. We now have the ability to see via a phone app our solar information. Would recommend their Solar Service

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to write your review, we're glad that you are enjoying the benefit of solar monitoring from your smartphone. If you ever find anything that we could improve on please let us know.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A wow money saving decision

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I have solar panels and a battery installed with the aim of reducing my electricity costs. This was set up in two items with the solar panels installed first. Both were installed in the time frame originally stated. My power supply has been most reliable, my bill always in credit, and the support given to be of high quality.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Kerry, thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you took to write it. We're glad that you are satisfied with the support that you have received. If you ever find anything that you think that we could improve on please let us know.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Can't Live Without Solar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

A battery for my Solar panels was installed. All has been good. Renewables are the way to go and the sooner our politicians take their heads out of the coal shuttle, the better for our nation and planet. It's too late to wait : we must seize the initiative and ditch dirty coal. Full day to install, no dropouts, Solar Customer service excellent

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Blondie, thank you for taking the time to write your review of us. We agree; renewable energy is better for our planet. We're glad that you've had a great experience with our customer service te... read more »

1 of 9 pages

Thinking of getting a battery installed. We have 5 people in he house. How many solar panels would I need to help me get the best use of a battery?

Shane asked on Nov 02, 2018

Answer this

I have a 5.1 kw solar system with a 1.2 kw battery(gov subsidised)The bigger the battery the better unfortunately they are expensive now but they will get cheaper.
only 2 of us in house.We use average of 9.4 kw hrs per day so we are virtually self sufficient.
With a quality inverter (very important) this system should cost 10-12 thousand dollars.
the amount of panels varies due to size.ie small=27 panels/large=18 panels.
Now the real savings come with how you use your appliances ie avoid overuse of ones that involve heat
ie fan heaters/ovens/electric jugs/clothes dryers/dishwashers.Use cold water in wash m/c and turn off power at power points (during day and overnight)
You can easily halve your power usage by doing the above.
Because most systems come with monitoring(laptop/phone)you can see exactly how much power you are using and this will teach you how to use them more effectively.
hope this answers your question

Hi, I would like to know if I could get the full refund in the cooling off period (within 24 hours). I have been told that i have to pay AUD450 for cancellation. Can you please let me know how?

Kah YIP asked on Sep 10, 2018

Answer this

I'm sorry that I don't have answer to your question. You may need to contact the company directly. Sorry!

Hi .I too am unable to answer your question.The staff at Solarr Group are very helpful and will answer all your questions.

Hi Kah, we're sorry to hear that you will be cancelling your order with us. If you could please private message us your relevant order details, a member of staff can contact you to discuss your request.

Hi We have a 3kw system and were recently advised by our electricity y provider that to get better value from a battery in regard to charging - that I would need to upgrade to 5kw + system; however, I note from some of the previous questions you can provide for smaller systems ....is this correct and how about efficiency? Thanks Greg

Grange28 asked on Jul 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Greg I have a 2kw 8 panels solar sistem ,I have installed a 1.2 battery from Solar Sevice Group .I live by my self .It is working . And I use my old solar system . But like I said I am by my self .

Thanks Hendrick
Are you saving on power usage and what was the cost with installation.

Hi Greg, thanks for your question! Yes, we do provide solar battery storage solutions for smaller residential solar PV installations but can also help you in upgrading your system to 5kW with storage if that is something you would like to also consider. With all installations being different, retrofitting to your existing system may mean that there are less costs involved in your installation than others so we're very happy to give you a personalised quote on both solutions to give you an accurate idea on the costs involved in your specific installation. For further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.

See all 10 questions about Solar Service Group