Berwick

Private message

Avoid at all cost - terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Sales rep on the phone was fantastic knowledgeable as easy. Once they had my deposit it went down hill. Phoned constantly for progress payments even though we agreed on a date for the payments which I honoured. Cancelled the installation the night before. When the installers turned up at the revised appointment they were great, fast, clean and did a good job. After then it took 3 phone calls and 2 weeks before the promised (in 48 hrs after installation) envoy monitoring email and link arrived. From there on the monitoring has been offline more than on. Call to the service line was met with "please send an email", did that and a week later still no response. The system has been in 2 months and I have no idea if its registered and if I'm getting any benefit from the unit. My electricity provider knows nothing of the system. I have waited 8 weeks from when the bad service began to give the company opportunity to prove the service wasn't as bad as it seemed. I now feel compelled to provide this account of my interaction from this company so that hopefully others can avoid the frustration I am having. There's plenty of providers around and from my experience I say avoid Solar Service Group.

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Ben, apologies for the level of service that you have received as this is not up to our usual standards. Since you have posted this, we have been able to get in contact with you to discuss the i... read more »

What a load of rubbish. I’ve spoken to someone from your company at least 3 times since posting and still not resolved. I believe the post above is designed to portray me in bad light.

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Ben, we apologise that you feel that way as it was not at all intended to portray you in any bad light but respond to your above review. I believe that a Technician attended your property this a... read more »

Battery Failure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

My battery supplied by the Solar Service Group has ceased to recharge each day. Their response was to offer a range of options from adding filters ($500+) to replacing my inverter ($1000+). I am not a happy customer, especially as the initial outlay for the solar battery was expensive. One would have expected that the system which operated for the first few months would have continued well beyond the first year.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Paul, our sincere apologies for your experience as this is not up to our usual standards. Our Technical Resolutions are working very hard to try and resolve the particular issue at your system i... read more »

I am looking forward to the resolution of this battery issue. The inverter is working producing good levels of output, so for the battery to stop charging properly after less than a year seems very unusual.

Could someone at Solar Service Group please provide me with an update re. getting my solar battery operating.

Port Macuarie

• 2 helpful votes

absolute disgrace

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Will not answer emails or phone calls. Very happy to take your money and then not follow up with anything

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Gus, we apologise for the experience that you've had thus far. We are every concerned that your emails and calls are not being followed up. If you could please private message the order details this will be followed up immediately.

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Gus, we have sent you a private message to gather some further information regarding your experience to resolve the issue. If you could kindly respond when convenient that would be great. Any is... read more »

Port Macquarie

• 2 helpful votes

Terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Absolute disgrace! I have contacted them numerous times over the past three weeks to get assistance on our battery that was installed. It is interesting how happy they were to bend over backwards and communicate leading up to the sale of the battery and now that it is installed, they go missing in action. Even though we purchased the 'gold' package with follow up service for 12 months.........

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Sebb, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. You will find that we have indeed tried calling you this afternoon as soon as you reached out to us. If there is a more suitable time that you ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes

DO NOT USE SOLAR SERVICE GROUP

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I had an LG system fitted to my place in Sydney. I was supposed to get some type of monitoring system with it, apparently via email or something, but I CANNOT GET ANY AFTER SALES SERVICE WHATSOEVER, even to find out what the monitoring system is. I've sent numerous emails to sales staff and other email addresses to this company, none of which have been replied to. I've called numerous times, just to be fobbed off on the phone with "some one will get back to you", and of course no one does. I just want one simple question answered and it can't be done. Unfortunately I've had to lodge a complaint with Fair Trading. I wish I had have read this Product Review prior to signing up with Solar Service Group. I regret using this company as there were many others I could have used, and wish I did.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi David, thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with us. This is not up to our company standard. Could you please private message me your order num... read more »

OK, so after leaving this product review, someone from Solar Service Group finally contacted me and promised to send me an email to start the ball rolling. Do you think I received this email? No. S... read more »

sydney

Totally unacceptable customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I ordered the Tesla battery on the 9th January 2018.
The unit arrived at my house on the 4th April.
The installation arrived on the 4th April. They were not equipped with the right equipment to do the works.
The unit was put on bricks and a car jack was used to raise the unit onto the bracket. This did not work.
I personally had to assist in trying to raise the unit onto the bracket.
The installation team left that day saying they would return the next day.
It is now the 10th April and no one has returned.
The company has not replied to my phone calls which I have done on a daily basics.
I think this is most unprofessional and considering that the unit was not removed from the truck until full payment was made.
I now have a Tesla unit sitting at the side of house paid for, not installed and no idea what is happening.
If I do not receive any communication by the end of business today 10th of April. I will be putting the matter in the hands of my solicitor.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Kermit, we apologise for the unfavorable experience that you have had regarding your solar battery installation. To clarify there were some challenges with your particular installation that were... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Do not believe the sales pitch - very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I did my research, but the sales person promised better service for a higher price. Do not believe them. Ordered and paid a deposit in early November, promised installation by late Nov, but definitely in December. System finally up and running in March. And all along the process there were no responses to weekly calls plus unsatisfactory answers to questions. I would not recommend them to anyone. Very disappointed.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Andrew, we apologise for the service that you have received as this is not up to our standards. Could you please private message or reply with your relevant order reference number so that we can... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Andrew, unfortunately without your assistance we will not be able to resolve this issue. If you could please respond with your relevant order number we can investigate this situation and review current procedures.

Private message

Should change their name to Solar take-your-money-and-don't-offer-any-services group

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

I paid my 20% deposit on 19th October and was told that I would be contacted mid November to arrange installation before the end of November. Here we are 29th Jan and still haven't been given an installation date. I have had several calls to date telling me that they are 'working towards' an installation date. After complaining about the length of time it's taking, I've been told that they are "training new technicians" - seriously it's not brain surgery.... how long does this training take???? I've read the other reviews and most people seem happy with their service. I'm not!!!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Julie, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We apologise for the delay that your order is experiencing. If you could please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au with you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Solar Service Is what i required -----It Does not exist with this company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Paid 26.9.2017 for Service to my existing Solar system. Its now 15.1.2018 And we are STILL waiting for them to attend. Numerous excuses after my 6 phone calls, Solar Service?? is there name but not there game.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Chris, we are very sorry as this is not up to our usual standards. If you could please private message us or email at hello@solarservicegroup.com.au with your order reference number we can follow this up immediately.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Did not supply nor install solar panels panels contracted for.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

This solar Group has completely failed us. Agreed to pay a refund but without any contact, withheld $315.00. This matter is ongoing but us pensioners, we are quite worried.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you for your review and we apologise for the experience that you have had thus far. Unless otherwise discussed or due to our terms and conditions Solar Service Group does not withhold any... read more »

claremont meadows, nsw

Private message

the product might be good i dont know the battery system dosent work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

several attempts to install system missing components no answers on completion hard to get response still not working no clues still waiting shod of used a Sydney based company

May 5th 2018 Update: Solar battery

Had a solar battery system installed by solar service group who had several attempts and numerous phone calls most not responded to after lodging a complaint to fair trade the system progressed with components missing and so on it was completed the system did not work after more calls and attempts to repair system they decided the management system was not compatible with lg battery they finally replaced it with a power wall two battery which I had a cheaper quote elsewhere and quicker it was installed by there co company sun bright solar who had to come out a second time to fix up there stuff up after lots of phone calls solar services group was fined for breaking some consumer law they still haven’t provided me with two wifi power switches as per quote .I would not use them again. Power wall two great system. I stressing slowly X stressed order number 11963

May 7th 2018 Update: Previous review from stressed

From stressed previous review l wrote co partner sunbright solar to solar services group . It should have read sunbank solar sorry for the mistake .stressed

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the service that you have received as this is not up to our usual standards. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or private me... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Didn't install product correctly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

I got a battery installed on the 21 8 2017 and it has not been connected so I am saving on electricity and it is now the 28 9 2017. They good at taking your money but not turning the battery on straight away. There putting the blame onto someone else that connects it to the grid. What a joke one very unhappy customer.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Loza, thanks so much for the feedback, and our apologies on the service you have received,. Call you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply below with your order number and I will ... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 19 helpful votes

Field Trial? Really?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

Congratulations reading this review before signing up and avoiding this con just saved you thousands. If however, like me, you've already signed welcome to hours on hold on the phone and ignored emails asking simple questions. If $4k is not a lot of money to you then the pre install and install service is great...read all the 5 star reviews!!!what's not taken into account is life after the installation, its not so good ...really..."we're experiencing a high volume of calls" wears a bit thin after a couple of months. Plus it appears I probably paid twice what I should have to shave a fraction off my power bill:sad but true. I was then offered an extra battery for $2500 to help shave another few bucks off my power bill(what a joke!). My advice is to move on,there's worse things in life than blowing a few grand and the Enlighten ap is fun for us oldies to play with anyway.

September 28th 2017 Update: Got my bill saved $100

I actually have had a power bill since installation unlike the 4 or 5 star reviews and found it saved just under $100 this sunny quarter. $400/year saved means 10 years to break even and that's if there's no hassles and lots of sun.

January 1st 2018 Update: Have not received service promised

No one has checked our solar system despite paying $800 Platinum Service Fee now our whole solar system has stopped working. The 1.2kw battery has not helped save on electricity costs much, if at all. I will change this post if Solar Service Group live up to their name and honour their contract not just flip me another email promise.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Silversurfer, thanks so much for the feedback, and our apologies on the service you have received after install, that's certainly not up to the level we want people to receive. Call you please e... read more »

All I wanted was to get the service inspections I was made to pay $800 extra for so that my concerns would have been attended to not just emails telling me technicians will reply(never happened) or... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Hi Silversurfer, we have tried numerous times to contact you to remedy this issue however have not received your contact details to follow this up. Please contact us on 1300 40 41 42 with your orde... read more »

Melbourne

• 6 questions
  • 13 answers
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

As far as I can tell, not a real field trial-wish I'd read reviews before signing up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

We got sucked into getting one of these batteries installed for a so called "field trial". I always wondered how they targeted us, but thanks to another reviewer (lyonwiss) I now understand how they got our address.
I started to get suspicious when, after filling out the form, we were contacted almost immediately to be part of the trial. And they wanted a large deposit (20%) up-front to "process the order". They then organised for the installers to come out and wanted payment in full before that happened. We were also told we would be given information about the trial, but the installers had no idea. I made part payment after the installers left and informed the office, via email that's what I had done. They then emailed back to encourage me to make the total payment by another method.

Apparently you are supposed to download an app and register so you can get the details and readouts from the unit. Bit hard to do that though when Solar Service Group won't send you the relevant info, despite repeated requests
I also asked a number of, what I thought were, relevant questions about the so called field trial - like how many people have signed up, how many are needed for the trial to be relevant and worthwhile, what the actual aim of the trial is and are our personal details kept private or sold on to a third party?

None of these have been answered, I was just directed to the website, which is just PR and answers none of these relevant questions

Now, I have no technical expertise when it comes to these types of units ...but as far as I can tell, this "field trial" appears to have been a way to get people hooked on what they thought was a half price deal...so my advice would be do your homework first.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lilly Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time to write it. I am sorry to hear that you feel our field trial is not legitimate. I can confirm for you that this is not t... read more »

• 18 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

Don't fall for subsidized field trial.

Unsolicited letters sent to houses with solar panels (seen via satellite) inform you that you are the lucky few selected for a half-price field trial. You are to register your interest in finding out more details by giving your contact details on a website which looks genuine enough. But the website has little genuine information on prices, products, history and so on.

Next thing a sale person rings you up to tell you (what you already know) that the electricity grid is ripping you off, buying your solar electricity for peanuts during the day and then charging you several times what they pay you when you use their electricity at night, after sun goes down. Wow, batteries are the answer.

Then they offer you a system at "half price" in exchange for collecting and monitoring your usage for three years, including premium servicing. Sounds a good deal? Of course they tell you over the phone some details about Enphase battery in the deal, the monitoring electronics, the weather-proof casing etc. Even though I'm a trained physicist, I could not work out the details of how it works over the phone and assumed the deal may be just reasonable, worth seeing some details..

You have to put down about 20 percent deposit to be guaranteed a spot in the trial, which is in hot demand - hurry! They will send you all technical details and the contract once you are in the trial. Well the fantastic deal costs about $4,200 consisting of one 1.2Kwh (kilo watt hour) battery and monitoring electronics. Apart from the "premium servicing", the deal is no deal at all, the Enphase 1.2 kwh battery costs about $2,000 and it is totally inadequate. After installation, you would have to buy several more of those batteries at substantial cost (presumably from them).

The 1.2kwh lithium-ion battery has about 260 watt power enough to power two 100 watt and one 60 watt light bulb - cannot power anything serious, like a 2 kilo watt oven. There is enough stored electricity to power a 100 watt light bulb for 12 hours - pitiful amount of energy. My solar panels collect energy at an average of around 3.5kw and collects about 25kwh on a sunny winter's day. This battery stores less than 5 percent of that! How is that going to save me money?

At 260 watts of power, it takes about 5 hours of sunshine to fully charge the 1.2kwh battery. This means you can charge and discharge the battery only once a day. Assuming you discharge your battery at peak period, when electricity is most expensive (at night) and in Sydney, it is currently 27 cents per kwh, then you would save 32.4 cents per day! You would be saving at most $10 per month or $120 per year with perfect sunshine everyday!

The Enphase battery has a 10-year warranty giving you at most a saving $1,200 before it dies. Spending $4,200 for a benefit of $1,200 saving, you've got to be a moron? Solar Service Group (SSG) is looking for morons. Initially I withdrew this review after SSG gave my deposit money back, on the basis that it is impossible to agree to a contract without seeing all the details. My conscience has got the better of me - I need to help others.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Lyonwiss The Solar Service Group Field Trial is a legitimate offer made by the Solar Services Group. The purpose of this exercise is to collect energy data from the participants to demonstrat... read more »

I'm technically qualified. It makes no sense to claim two cycles per day. Do the maths. At near peak power (<260w), it takes about five hours to charge the 1.2 kwh battery (assuming full capacit... read more »

Solar Service Group Official

Please see the response from Enphase in regard to your statement. "Thank you for your feedback. The Enphase Home Energy Solution is for homeowners who want to optimise their energy and maximise... read more »

Bridgeman Downs, Qld

• 3 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Still waiting?!?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I couldn't get anyone to contact me by phone or email. I have left messages and emailed them from their online query form but 2 weeks later I'm still waiting. You can take the "Service" out of solar service group.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Marcus

We are terribly sorry that you have not had someone contact you. This is not up to our company standard. I have found your enquiry and I have passed it on to a sales consultant to call you asap.

Kind regards
SSG

Since writing this review SSG have contacted me and I have finally got some answers to my questions. It is a shame that some people have to go to this length to get a reply and you are correct, the... read more »

Private message

Rip-off! Do not trust this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Paid $297 call out fee to assess the problem with my solar system. Was promised a diagnostic report. Almost 3 weeks later and I still haven't received the report. The technician took about an hour and did a thorough check, but only diagnosed. Almost 3 weeks later still haven't received the promised report.
It was a waste of $297. Other technicians will come out for free to diagnose and quote for a repair.
Do not waste your money with Solar Service Group, Box Hill. Would give it 0 stars if I could!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback and I apologise for the experience that you have had as this is not up to our usual standards. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply bel... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Poor follow up service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I have placed an order more than 2 months ago, I didnt get any response until I gave them a call, in return, i finally get a confirmation message "Someone will give you a call later

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

In the end, I am glad that someone from their backoffice step in and assist me with all my enquiries. Happy customer at the end.

Hi Jac.

Glad we could rectify the situation for you! Again, apologies for the poor service you received. Thanks for bringing this to our attention as we have now reviewed and updated our process to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I wouldn't use this company again. I had issues with an installation and which they promised to rectify over a three week period and failed to do so. All talk and no action.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Solar Service Group Official

Hi Francis, I apologise for the experience that you have unfortunately had with regards to your installation. Could you please email hello@solarservicegroup.com.au or reply below with your order number so we can ensure that this has been rectified.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Unscrupalous Marketing Campaign

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I received a letter from this organisation. The letter was alarming. Stating all sorts of threats and dangers exist with owning solar systems and implying that bad things will ensue if I did not contact them so they could sort it out. I sent the letter to the Office of Fair Trading and to the ACCC. I was advised that such letters are unlawful and should be ignored. They advised that any people who receive similar letters should approach them so that action can be taken.

March 7th 2017 Update: Breached by the ACCC

Well clearly the ACCC disagrees with you. I received a letter from the ACCC that clearly outlined the actions they have taken. The company was breached by the ACCC for deceptive and misleading conduct.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I had a response from the ACCC. The company has been breached under the Competition and Consumer Act.

1 of 9 pages

Thinking of getting a battery installed. We have 5 people in he house. How many solar panels would I need to help me get the best use of a battery?

Shane asked on Nov 02, 2018

Answer this

I have a 5.1 kw solar system with a 1.2 kw battery(gov subsidised)The bigger the battery the better unfortunately they are expensive now but they will get cheaper.
only 2 of us in house.We use average of 9.4 kw hrs per day so we are virtually self sufficient.
With a quality inverter (very important) this system should cost 10-12 thousand dollars.
the amount of panels varies due to size.ie small=27 panels/large=18 panels.
Now the real savings come with how you use your appliances ie avoid overuse of ones that involve heat
ie fan heaters/ovens/electric jugs/clothes dryers/dishwashers.Use cold water in wash m/c and turn off power at power points (during day and overnight)
You can easily halve your power usage by doing the above.
Because most systems come with monitoring(laptop/phone)you can see exactly how much power you are using and this will teach you how to use them more effectively.
hope this answers your question

Hi, I would like to know if I could get the full refund in the cooling off period (within 24 hours). I have been told that i have to pay AUD450 for cancellation. Can you please let me know how?

Kah YIP asked on Sep 10, 2018

Answer this

I'm sorry that I don't have answer to your question. You may need to contact the company directly. Sorry!

Hi .I too am unable to answer your question.The staff at Solarr Group are very helpful and will answer all your questions.

Hi Kah, we're sorry to hear that you will be cancelling your order with us. If you could please private message us your relevant order details, a member of staff can contact you to discuss your request.

Hi We have a 3kw system and were recently advised by our electricity y provider that to get better value from a battery in regard to charging - that I would need to upgrade to 5kw + system; however, I note from some of the previous questions you can provide for smaller systems ....is this correct and how about efficiency? Thanks Greg

Grange28 asked on Jul 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi Greg I have a 2kw 8 panels solar sistem ,I have installed a 1.2 battery from Solar Sevice Group .I live by my self .It is working . And I use my old solar system . But like I said I am by my self .

Thanks Hendrick
Are you saving on power usage and what was the cost with installation.

Hi Greg, thanks for your question! Yes, we do provide solar battery storage solutions for smaller residential solar PV installations but can also help you in upgrading your system to 5kW with storage if that is something you would like to also consider. With all installations being different, retrofitting to your existing system may mean that there are less costs involved in your installation than others so we're very happy to give you a personalised quote on both solutions to give you an accurate idea on the costs involved in your specific installation. For further information, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 40 41 42.

See all 10 questions about Solar Service Group