Review rating:

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

A Revelation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

It's early day's yet, however buying a Sommuto Queen mattress has turned out to be an inspired choice. Dreamy to sleep on, hugs your contour in all the right places and the movement isolation is brilliant. Their Customer Service is also First Class and you can tell that the folks at Sommuto believe in their product - I do!

2 very good mattress and a very good prices. Best we have eve r had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2016

We needed to replace our Queen size bed and mattress as my wife has severe pain from her right hip which will be replaced shortly. The mattress was very good quality but weighed about a 60kg, and was 340mm thick. Only I could make the bed. We decided on 2 AH Beard adjustable king size single beds and found the Sommuto mattress, also made in Aus by Beard seemed to be suitable. My wife has always liked a very soft mattress, I can sleep on anything. Delivery was prompt and the mattress where easy to carry and unpack. The feel of the mattress was firmer with bedclothes on & for the first 2 days Judy thought hers was to firm. Now she finds the mattress very comfortable especially with the head and foot of the bed in a slightly raised position. We will be replacing the other mattress on the spare beds with Sommuto mattresses

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Finally - a cure for my aching back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2016

I work as an aged care nurse and was suffering back pain from heavy lifting. My old inner-spring mattress didn't help. So I took the plunge and bought a Sommuto. When it first arrived, I thought it looked a bit small - was worried they'd sent the wrong size. The delivery driver saying "oh it's one of those mattresses which explodes when you take it out of the box" didn't make me feel a whole lot better!

But it was actually fun taking it out of the box. Once you get it halfway out of the plastic, it starts to expand. (Gently!)

And sleeping on it has been a joy. After the first few days, my back pain disappeared - I felt better than I had felt in years.

So yes - this is definitely a mattress I'd recommend. Couldn't be happier! And the follow-up from the company has been extremely professional. From the first morning, when I got a message asking me how I slept, to today's follow-up call when I offered to write this review.

You're a class act, Sommuto. Full marks for an excellent product at a reasonable price (about half what others told me I'd have to pay) and an attitude to product testing which is exemplary.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Private message

Exceptional service and exceptional sleep quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

So glad I found this mattress on line - Risky? Convenient?- BOTH! I have never bought a mattress without trying! But, with the exceptional customer service (detail & attitude) I was happy to give it a go.
It has turned out to be the best mattress I have ever had. If anyone has a sleep problem, do not hesitate to buy this - dreamy!!

Private message

An amazing product backed by amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2016

I can genuinely vouch for this product and the people behind Sommuto. Firstly, the mattress is a dream to sleep on! My wife and I have struggled to get out of bed over the past week or so, simply because the mattress is so comfortable. I was initially reluctant to purchase this product considering I hadn't inspected the quality or comfort, but the reviews and money back guarantee had me sold. Also, the team at Sommuto went above and beyond for me. I spoke with Hamish and Malcolm on the day of my big move and mentioned I was going to be sleeping on an air mattress until my Sommuto was delivered (mind you I was happy to wait for next day delivery), but instead, Hamish arranged for the mattress to be delivered within hours of placing the order. I highly recommend this product to anyone in the market for a new mattress.

Private message

Purchased without even trying.......

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

Purchased on line - how convenient- how risky? I did not even try the mattress out ! With good information from customer service and feedback from previous customers, I was happy to give it a go.
Excellent service, a pleasant experience and happy with product at this stage. A little softer than expected but very comfortable! Sleeping well!

Private message

Incredible value for money & Aussie made!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2016

We bought our Sommuto for our spare bedroom and not for us at this stage. It was very easy for my husband and I to get into the house and get on the bed base. My sister came to spend the night so she was actually the first one to sleep on it. When she first lied down she thought it would be too soft. After a nights sleep she woke up very pleased. She found it very comfy. We haven't slept on it yet but have had a few nanna naps and we will be buying one to replace our mattress in the very near future. Fantastic service from every person we spoke with!

Ipswich

• 1 answer
Private message

Once you go Sommuto, you will never go back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

Customer service is impeccable and Sommuto go above and beyond to communicate with you. Delivery was super quick - 3 days to a semi regional area, and delivered straight to your door. As it's delivered in a box, it's easily transported to where it's needed. I highly recommend getting the mattress to it's ideal location before taking it out of the box as it still behaves like foam while trying to transport it around the house. The box itself is an added bonus, especially if you have young kids!!

The first time I tried the mattress my body literally sighed with relief. Every part of your body that is in contact with the mattress is supported, unlike other mattresses, which just support the heaviest areas.

As there are no springs, there is no bounce! And if you live with a shift worker this is BRILLIANT! I have tried other mattresses that claim to have 'minimal' bounce but I was still woken up. I have honestly not woken up once when my partner has got home from work since using this mattress.

If you are anything like me and live in an area that is notorious for its heat, then you will be wondering how this foam stacks up in terms of heat. The cool touch cover is fantastic. I get more heat from my body pillow than I do from this mattress. In fact I don't think I've noticed any heat at all.

I'd like to say I was surprised at just how comfortable this mattress is and how refreshed I feel after sleeping on it, but I'm not because this is one of the claims Sommuto make. It's nice to see a brand follow through on their claims. I was surprised to see how thick the mattress was, the same thickness as a conventional mattress but certainly not as heavy.

While I did win this mattress in a competition, I'm a mattress lover and have literally tried every type of mattress on the market. Without a doubt this would have to be the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on and would not hesitate to buy one in the future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Most comfortable bed ever!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

I was very hesitant about buying a mattress online, but to much surprise I was extremely impressed, I suffer from back pain on my other mattresses, and this is like sleeping on a cloud. I cannot believe how comfortable I am now!!! Would recommend this to everyone! Thank you Sommuto

Dover Tasmania 7117

Private message

The best sleep since I had a general anaesthetic!! :-))

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

The Sommuto mattress gives instant gratification and that's what we all want these days. No sore hip, not tossing and turning. In fact, when we awoke from the first night, my very skeptical husband ("You haven't bought a mattress ONLINE have you?") said that I made a wise decision buying the Sommuto and he had been wrong to be doubtful! It was very easy to unwrap and very easy to maneouver on to the base. And just the right weight to easily tuck in the sheets, but not so light as to slide all over the place. Perfect! Customer service and logistics were of utmost importance to us as we live in remote Far South of Tasmania. True to Sommuto's promise, it arrived just as we had hoped. Hamish kept us informed every step of the way. I unreservedly give highest rating to the the buying process, the delivery, the customer service and of course, the star of the show - our lovely Sommuto mattress.
Update: 6 nights in and we love the mattress even more. Really a wonderful mattress - so glad I found Sommuto!

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2016

Ok, it's been 8 sleeps on my new Sommuto & I love it! I used to wake up in agony, but now no pain at all. The mattress cradles you in all the right places, relieving pressure points, while still providing great support for your back. At first I was a bit nervous of the fact I bought "just a foam mattress", but it is definitely better than a horrible innerspring with lumps & bumps all over the place! The customer service is fantastic & online buying with 100 days "like it or your money back" makes it an easy, stress free way to purchase. Thanks Sommuto!

Amazingly comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Love my Sommuto mattress and was surprised how good it is. I have slept on a good quality innerspring mattress for many many years and this mattress was a lot less expensive and more comfortable. Would highly recommend.

We love our Sommuto - Best mattress EVER!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

After numerous spring mattress fails my wife and thought there must be a better way. Good news... there is!! Since buying our king size Sommuto mattress my wife no longer wakes up with back pain and we both can't believe how comfortable it is. Previously we've always gone for firm spring mattresses only to find they sag and become uncomfortable to sleep on. We were concerned about the softness of the one size fits all Sommuto but have been so pleasantly surprised by how good it feels... the support is so evenly distributed it feels like we are floating. Before and after sales service has been exceptional.. we highly recommend you get yourself a Summuto mattress. You will not regret it :-)

Best Mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2016

I was lucky enough to win a Queen Size Sommuto Mattress delivered to my door for free! Everyone I spoke to on the phone were so lovely and I got my mattress within 2 days. It came in a box (which my cats loved) and was super easy to unpack/set up - it just bounced out of the box and into shape. It took about 3 days to get used to softness of this mattress but now my partner and myself are IN LOVE! It's like sleeping on a cloud. My partner used to get bad back aches and is no longer is in pain. We would 100% recommend a Sommuto mattress and even though I didn't have to pay for this one, I would definitely pay for another in the future.

I love my Sommuto!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2016

Super happy with this aussie product. Easy to order online and delivery was very prompt. Getting lots of sleep on my Sommuto, just love it! I will be ordering more Sommuto mattresses in the future.

Great purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2016

Was hesitant at first, having not yet before purchased a mattress online, but can safely say it is the best mattress I have slept on. Initially quite firm as I was on such a bouncy unsupportive mattress before we purchased our Sommuto. It is so refreshing getting full-settled night sleeps now, having no disturbance from my partner throughout the night. The process was simple and I didn’t need to spend hours on my Saturday in and out of shops and worrying about getting our king mattress home. Will definitely be recommending to family and friends.

Very comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2016

I am a shiftworker so sleep is extremely important. I have been looking for a new mattress for a while, I liked that I could trial it at home. I didn't want to waste my precious time off shopping. I am very happy with the customer service I received. The mattress is extremely comfortable an I fall asleep easily and feel rested. I highly recommend Sommuto.

Love my new mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2016

I love my new Sommuto, my old matress wasn't as comfortable or supportive. The top layer is super soft then super supportive. I loved that it was delivered free in a box, to my door and was ready to go. It was great to know I am supporting Australian jobs and everything is made here. I am very happy.

Purchased at: Online Computer

I fell in love with a sommuto....sommuto

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2016

I'm not usually one to write reviews, but in this case I love this mattress so much I had to. I had been waking up with such a painful back every morning I decided to start shopping for a new mattress. The only problem was that all the ones I loved were so expensive and as I am saving for a wedding at the moment I kept putting it off. That was until I found the Sommuto. I couldn't believe it, I laid on it and loved it more than any I had laid on before. I was almost too scared to ask the price! When I found out it was $1290 with 12 months interest free it was no brainer!

• 2 helpful votes

Reduced my aches

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

I was sick and tired of buying mattresses, in the shop they seem good , once we get them home and sleep on them, it all changes. Not long ago we gave away a $3000 mattress. Crazy.
To tell the truth I would not have even considered buying from Sommuto if they did not offer the money back guarantee. This one is for my our spare room, so we decided to try sleep on it. We will be buying one for ourselves, our current mattress is very hard and does not mould to your body shape like a Sommuto mattress. I think it has provided even more support and relieved the stress pints that are causing my body to ache.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes