Filter By:

He got sick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

On our recent trip to Europe my partner ended up with pneumonia. I gave SC insurance a ring just to make sure we were covered (at this stage he was just feeling unwell) if we needed to get medical help. Their contact centre could not have been more helpful. Putting my mind at rest that we were fully covered but also making sure that I was ok and if there was anything they could do for me. Southern Cross rang me the next day to find out how my partner was and was there anything that they could do for us. They regularly email us for the rest of our trip to make sure the my partner was on the mend. (As it worked out the hospital did not charge us)

I highly recommend SC insurance. I will use SC on all my trips in the future.

Verified Customer

Great policy and competitive price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

This was the first time I used Southern Cross Travel Insurance and I was very impressed by how easy it was to purchase the policy on their website. The policy features were perfect for my trip to South America and the price was very competitive. I will certainly use them on my next trip.

I always use Southern Cross they have great prices and service. Easy to buy policy online.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I allways use Southern Cross insurance when traveling abroad. They have great prices and their service is beyond reproach. Their intuitive website makes it easy to set-up a policy and their follow-up makes me think they care about their clients.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Steve
We appreciate your feedback on our great customer service and prices. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to covering your next trip. All the best, regards Lusitania - SCTI

Reassuring, competitive pricing and good follow up.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I used Southern Cross because of google reviews.
They were inexpensive for my trip to Thailand.
I didn’t need to use Southern Cross but when I returned they sent me a email just to make sure I was OK, which i thought was nice.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Saltie Dog. Thank you for the lovely feedback on our email communications and it's great to hear that you are happy to receive these. We look forward to covering your next trip. regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Top Quality Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Southern Cross Travel Insurance is my Travel Insurer of choice! We have used them to insure a couple of overseas trips. Their prices are always far more reasonable than other companies. We have needed to make claims following two trips, and once the required documentation was provided according to the comprehensive checklist, the claim process was rapid, professional and very pleasant. Fantastic company. Very happy to continue to use them.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bernadette. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the way your claims were handled. Thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. All the best. regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Insurance claim made

Not worth a cent, terrible company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

After trying to make my claim as difficult as possible and after a month of sending documents (by post as required) it got to the point where I had to detail exactly where on a page the required information was, even when a date or price was clearly visible on the document. They will request more and more information, demand it is done by postage and threaten to cancel your claim if it is not received by their deadline. All part of making claiming as difficult as possible. Even after all the hassle they still refused to pay out on three quarters of what I wanted to claim due to ‘unforeseen circumstances.’ I travel at least twice a year but will most definitely be the first and last time I use southern cross travel insurance. Should never of changed from my usual travel insurance provider.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bryce. Thank you for your feedback - I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the outcome of your claim. If you haven't already contacted us to appeal the decision, details on how to appeal and... read more »

Insurance claim made

Super easy and quick process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

The coverage was great, especially for what were some obscure locations in Africa.
Really responsive and helpful throughout the claima process, which was very easy to follow!
I would definitely recommend SCTI.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Luke. Thank you for the lovely feedback on our claims process and the recommendation. We hope to cover your future travels. regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Best insurance company I have ever used

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

As a frequent traveler I have used many travel insurance companies over many years having used Southern Cross Travel Insurance on my past few trips. Unfortunately I had to make a claim on my last trip for some lost property and cannot speak highly enough of Southern Cross’s professionalism and timeliness in handling my claim. This company is outstanding and I will be using them exclusive from now on.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Craig. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the way your claim was handled. We look forward to ... read more »

Verified Customer

Have used it before and will use it again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I love your communication upon my return, and the ease to set up the policy initially. It was a simple and cost effective travel insurance. Thanks for caring Southern Cross Travel.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mary N. Thank you for your feedback – we like to keep things simple! Thanks for choosing us. Regards, Lusitania - SCTI

You are most welcome and I have recommended you to friends.

Verified Customer

Very pleased with service. Will use again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I was impressed with the communication by email before we travelled and on our return... the price of the insurance was very reasonable and I did shop around comparing prices. The process on-line was easy to follow, including having to declare pre-existing conditions. No need to make a claim but I was pleased that the email encouraged me to make a claim if needed. Definitely a happy customer.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mjp. Thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you are happy to receive our communications. We are looking forward to covering your next trip. All the best, Lusitania - SCTI

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great service every time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

We have used SCTI every time we travel and have never been disappointed. Their rates are reasonable, and their customer service is spot on. We have had to make claims and each time found the process relatively easy and they responded quickly and fairly. I highly recommend to anyone travelling overseas.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sabrina. Thank you for the lovely feedback on our customer service and the recommendations. We look forward to covering your next trip. Regards, Lusitania – SCTI

Good service and easy to apply

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Policy was easy to set up even with pre-existing conditions. Price was better than other companies. Emails sent regularly to check all ok and one received once I had returned home to check if I needed to claim and provided details for that.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Veh. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community. I'm pleased your trip went without a hitch and you didn't have any reason to make a claim. regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

It was great travelling knowing if we had a problem help was just a ph call away.the policy was a simple process to acquire and it was easy to read in plain english.cost was very competitive

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jimbo. I hope you had a fantastic holiday. It's nice to hear you were able to travel with peace of mind, knowing you were covered by SCTI. Thank you for the feedback on our competitive prices - ... read more »

we can confidently recommend this company..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

We have insured with Southern Cross Travel many times and never any problems with setting up the policies. Appreciate the contact with Customer services updates, reminders etc, and handy hints re security etc that are recommended. Only had one instance to make a claim re cancelled flights and dealt with speedily and efficiently..

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Linda. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community - we really appreciate it. I'm pleased you're happy with our customer service, claims process and co... read more »

Great Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

We luckily had a wonderful holiday with no issues for us to claim on our insurance. We were pleasantly surprised after a few days home, an email arrived welcoming us home and giving us all details, if we did need to make a claim for anything. Would have no hesitation to use Southern Cross Travel on our next holiday.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Shaz. Great to hear you had a lovely, stress-free holiday! Thank you for your feedback on our email communications, it's nice to know you were happy to receive these. We hope to cover your next trip. All the best, Katie – Digital Media Manager

Best Insurer in Aussie

Reasonable Prices
Easy to use
No problem with cover even though we did not cover illnesses.
Opted for Ski cover
Did not need the insurance
Wiil go with Southern Cross next time

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Clive. I'm pleased your trip went without a hitch and you didn't have any reason to make a claim. Although, you can count on us to be there when things don't go as planned. Thanks for the awesom... read more »

• 2 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Thoroughly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We have insured with SCTI several times over many years & recently had to make our first claim following an illness onboard a cruise. The claim procedure was very simple & straight forward. The full amount of our claim was received with a few days. Very impressive service!

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Philby49. I hope you've made a full recovery after falling ill on your cruise trip. Thank you for your feedback on straightforward claims process - we like to keep things simple! We look forward... read more »

Claim process was excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

My first travel insurance claim ever was dealt with easily and quickly. The process was easy to follow, Southern Cross kept me up to date at all times and resolution was extremely fast especially as it was just before Christmas. Very impressed.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Linda. Thank you for your kind words. I'm ever so pleased to hear that you were happy with the way your claim was handled. We hope to cover your future travels. All the best, Katie – Digital Media Manager

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

I have been really impressed with SCTI. I like how they send you your insurance details via e-mail just before the trip. For a 2015 trip to Mt Kilimanjaro, the terms and conditions of the policy were more generous than other companies (e.g., I was covered above 4000 m when some other companies didn't cover this). On a recent trip to India when my friend and I got sick, SCTI responded promptly to our inquiries, and their claim process was easy and quick. They also have very good communication, such as sending an e-mail when our documentation was received. I'll keep using in future.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Danielle. Thank you for the excellent feedback. It's great to hear that you're happy to receive our communications. We look forward to covering your next adventure. Katie – Digital Media Manager

Insurance claim made

EASY TO BUY BUT DON'T MAKE A CLAIM!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

My family and I have insured with SCTI for several years now for a variety of trips to different places in the world. These have included organised tours as well as boat cruises.The website is easy to follow and the travel insurance is quick to obtain. On our last trip to Hawaii, we had to change the travel arrangements for our daughter less than a month before departing Australia. I have had to send SCTI two emails about not hearing back about my Travel Insurance Claim and am still waiting for a response. I will NEVER use SCTI again for any future travel that we do and certainly do not recommend them if you have a claim!!!

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kaz. I'm very sorry that you have not had a response to your emails. Can you please send a direct message via Product Review containing your email address and policy number and I'll investigate ... read more »

1 of 105 pages