Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Great value for money, very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

We have used SCTI for several trips across Asia and The USA. We have had to make a few claims and each time they have been fantastic in their response and delivered as promised. Very competitive rates and excellent service.

Insurance claim made

Great value and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

Have used these guys about 20 times and only had to claim once. The claim process was fast and easy, and followed up with a very nice email. Keep up the good work guys and girls.

Verified Purchase

Well done Southern Cross!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

This is the second time I have taken out travel insurance with Southern Cross. The first time I was robbed in Barcelona - Southern Cross were extremely understanding and professional and were very prompt in assessing and paying out my claim. My second trip has just been completed - this time fortunately with no dramas requiring a claim.

The website is clear and easy to maneuver; the rates are very competitive. I will certainly use Southern Cross on my future international trips. Well done Southern Cross!

Fast response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

Second time I've gotten travel insurance through southern cross and I am extremely happy with them. Thankfully i haven't had to claim anything but I had a question whilst overseas and got a fast response by the customer service team.

Easy to deal with, have used them many times.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

We've found Southern Cross Travel very easy to deal with. The costs of the policies we've used are competitive compared to others and tlhe set up process is easy to manage.

Making my first claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Have used this company for many trips and this is my first claim. Father admittedly to end of life palliative care with 2-7 days to live and we changed flights to come home asap. Fortunately we got 3 days with him before he died. Hopefully this company will be as good with a claim (have sent all my information via post) as they are when you purchase online.

Always use scti as they're so easy to obtain your insurance. I have never had a claim as yet but hop

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Ease of obtaining your comprehensive travel insurance. I haven't made a claim as yet but would imagine would be as smooth. I have taken my travel insurance with scti for years

SCTI Review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Very satisfied with your insurance policy. Fortunately, I didn't have to claim, but I have absolute confidence that there would be no problem with the claim, if I did have to make a claim.

Excellent company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

This company was recommended by a friend and I have now used them numerous times for overseas trips. I'm very happy with the service. Easy to apply online. I haven't made a claim yet, but I Have no doubts it will run smoothly.

Insurance claim made

Excellent as long as I don't have to claim.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

Have been with scti for many years and always find it good value for coverage, however we are still awaiting the only claim we have ever made to be adequately settled.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

I have used SCTI before and will certainly use them again. Easy to set up online, good value and very helpful staff. Never had to make a claim with them until now. You don't know how good insurance is until you have a claim. Unfortunately my husband's niece became very ill about a week before our holiday to Europe and passed away, which lead to us cancel our holiday. SCTI were very understanding and we commenced the process to claim for cancellation of our trip. To complicate matters, after our niece passed away and having missed the first week of our holiday, we decided to try and resurrect what was left of our trip, which meant rebooking everything at the last minute. SCTI were informed of the changes. When we returned from our holiday a new claim for alterations to our trip was submitted. Once all our receipts and documentation were received by SCTI, (which can be quite a task to get everything that is required) the claim was processed and approved within a week. Thank you SCTI team for your kind words and support.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Convenient. Claim was paid.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Error on website, when signing up, wasted some time.

But having it all online and, and not having to worry about making claims until we got home, was great.

Kids got sick in California. $700 US for a doctor's visit!

Claims process was fairly quick and painless. Got the money within a week or so after sending in paperwork.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mgowen, sorry to hear that your kids were sick while you were visiting in the states! I hope they made a quick recovery. Thanks for taking the time to review us. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

1 of 165 pages

We have booked & paid for our airfare & accomodation for OS but my mother has had a stroke so we have decided it's better we don't travel at this time what documentation do we need to put a claim through insurance?

Tan62 asked on Jul 17, 2017

Hi Tan62
I am very sorry to hear about your mother, I hope she is okay.
You can make a claim on our website here: https://www.scti.com.au/claims/make-a-claim/ and for documentation there is an article here https://help.scti.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/190 which explains what is needed when making a claim.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au.
Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

Is gastric bypass a pre existing condition?

Lesley asked on Jul 13, 2017

Hi Lesley,

Thanks for your question.

Under the TravelCare policy, a pre-exisiting condition is defined as:
"any Illness or Injury which a person is aware of, or a reasonable person in that person’s circumstances ought to have been aware of, for which advice (including awaiting test results), care, treatment, medication or medical attention has been sought, given, or recommended within the last 3 years prior to Your Start Date of Insurance and regardless of whether or not a medical diagnosis has been made".

This can be found in the policy wording here: https://www.scti.com.au/our-products/travelcare/policy-wording-benefits/

I hope this helps answer your question, but if you'd like to clarify anything further, please feel free to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au.

Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Hi. A friend tells me that if you make a claim under this insurance, then you have to re-purchase the insurance to remain covered for the rest of your trip. Is this true?

Susan asked on Jul 09, 2017

Answer this

I've never heard of this. Sounds odd to me. Most claims are made on returning home so it wouldn't be true.

Not sure, as my wife got sick 2 days into our 4 week vacation, while in transit at Singapore.
The insurance company did inform us that when my wife was fit enough to fly, we would be flown sraight back home.
This was backed up by good medical advise from their medical team and Singapore Doctors.
Four weeks later she was given medical clearance and we were driven to Singapore Airport by limo service, taken into the business lounge and then my wife was taken by wheelchair to the plane & flown home laying down in business class. On arrival in Australia she was met and escorted by wheelchair to a waiting limo and we were taken from Brisbane airport to our Gold Coast home.
They also paid for all of our hospital bills, Nuero surgeons and any other associated cost, including my hotel stay (quite substantial).
I have still yet to submit cost for several flights that we were unable to board. But my wife's health comes first, I'm sure that won't be a problem for this reputable company.
My wife was definitely taken care of and felt reassured that they cared for her wellbeing.
Now that she is home safely, she is being monitored for her very serious condition.
PLEASE CALL AND ASK THEM THIS QUESTION DIRECTLY. THEY APPEAR TO BE VERY EASY TO CONTACT 24/7.
GOOD LUCK & SAFE TRAVELS.

Hi Susan, I am not sure what your friend's situation was, but this doesn't sound correct.

If you are travelling overseas and for example become sick a couple of times during that period, then you would be able to make a claim for those different occasions. You'd still be covered under the policy for anything else that may happen to you too, without having to purchase further insurance, there is just the excess that applies, per event, for claims other than medical expenses.

I hope this helps answer your question.
Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager