Filter By:

South Australia

• 21 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

They were great but premiums has doubled and limits decreased

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Have always purchase travel insurance with scti, lovely friendly company. Made one claim and it was easy and efficient however premiums has more than doubled and now scti is the most expensive compared to others. It is now out of reach for us and we will not be a returning customer. It’s a shame as I’m reading the same from other loyal customers who are all jumping ship

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Pinkdawn, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m sorry that we’re unable to offer you a more competitive premium on this occasion. I’ll make sure that your feedback about our... read more »

Verified Customer

Peace of mind should the unexpected occur

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

This is my immediate family’s first time insuring with SCTI and the process to organise insurance for my family of 4 to the USA was easy and seamless. They provided the most competitive rate and took no time at all to finalise. My experience making a claim occurred in 2018 when my father needed to claim for medical care performed in California. I was his next of kin and the communication and help provided, in what was a scary time, was excellent which eased our minds.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jillian, I’m sorry to hear that your father was unwell while in California, and hope he’s now made a full recovery. Thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share it with oth... read more »

very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

After a stressful start to our holiday to Bali we had to make a claim for loss of money and glasses. SCTII were very helpful and understanding. thank you so much. we would highly recommend to anyone. Have used approx 15 times over the past 10 years or so.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ruth, I’m sorry to hear that you lost some money and your glasses in Bali. I’m happy to hear that we could help you out in a stressful time!

No Problems.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

I have used SCTI on a couple of previous occasions and have always found their on line site, easy to navigate, it was a nice touch to receive a ' welcome home ' email.
Would use them again if need to.
Kind regards,
Alan.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nobbler, thanks for the five-star review. It’s great to hear you found our website easy to navigate - we like to keep things simple! We look forward to covering your next adventure.

sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Always the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I have used SCTI every year since 2006- sometimes twice a year. The product and ease of setting up is flawless and THE BEST VALUE for money you will find.
In the past they have always been prompt, professional and thoughtful if i made a claim.
My only wish is that SCTI was available for domestic travel....they are that good !

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Peter, Thank you for your continued loyalty and lovely feedback. I’m happy to hear that your experience with us was a positive one! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience wi... read more »

first time user of scti

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

we went on a cruise of the Baltic sea, and then 4 months in the UK. I have a pre declared condition. During the time away my wife had some medical issues . I emailed scti for their interpretation of these issue and within 2 days they responded not in the negative, but fortunately my wife was able to return home no problems. We had booked for a trip to NZ and we and had taken out travel insurance with scti, but was forced to cancel the trip and SCTI refunded all but $35 of our paid insurance . Can't complain really and we will use them again

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rodney, I’m sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip to New Zealand and that your wife was unwell while you were overseas, I hope she is recovering well. Thanks for sharing your experienc... read more »

Bacchus Marsh

• 7 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

No Longer Value For Money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Over the past 4 years SCTI has been our go to travel insurer for 5 overseas trips. During one trip it was necessary to contact SCTI regarding a medical issue. They were wonderful. On return I reviewed them in glowing terms for their compassion, customer focus, communication, professionalism and ease of initiating a claim and timely resolution. I subsequently recommended SCTI to friends and family. Our last trip was in September 2018 and although the premium had risen a bit, it was of little concern. When I researched SCTI for my upcoming trip in April I was surprised and very disappointed to find not only had the base premium risen but cancellation premiums and coverage for pre-existing conditions (not the automatically covered ones) had also risen significantly. $5,000 per journey cancellation benefit (note: not per person) might be suitable if staying with family or friends while O/S but for those who book accommodation and tours this may be inadequate. Any cover above this amount attracts an add on premium. Do not rely on the benefit summary as it can be misinterpreted ie: Cancellation and delay $...…. As time consuming and painful as it is READ THE PDS. There had been no change in our pre-existing conditions over the 4 year period, A well regarded competitor's policy offered unlimited cancellation and coverage for pre-existing conditions for $521 less than SCTI! I have first hand experience of the excellent service SCTI provide but they have lost us as customers (retirees who plan on many more international trips) until they can compete in pricing as well as service.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Gail, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m sorry that we’re unable to offer you a more competitive premium on this occasion. I’ll make sure that your feedback about our prem... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 19 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Simply the best - professional and prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Had to make a claim recently because Jetstar cancelled my flight back from Japan at the last possible moment. Claimed accomodation expenses for the extra night I had to spend in Japan. SCTI were extremely professional and very prompt with payment. These guys are simply the best and I would be hesitant to go with any other company.

I just wish they would allow you to send documents online or via email instead of snail mail.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Viper6, I’m sorry to hear about your flight being cancelled at the last minute, I can imagine how stressful that must have been. I’m happy to hear your experience with us was a positive one!

Perth

• 1 review

Verified Customer

Well done SCTI

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Fortunately we did not have to claim so unable to comment on that side. However, we were pleased to be able to get a policy for a pre-existing health issue and at a competitive price. Many other travel insurance policies wanted to exclude this from their policies. Interesting that if we lived in the UK we would have access to many policies who do not seem to consider diverticulitis as big a deal as Australian travel insurers. Well done to SCTI.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Martin, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your trip went smoothly and you had no reason to submit a claim. I'm pleased to hear we were able to offer you cover at a competitive price. All the best, Pepper@SCTI.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I recently had an accident whilst holidaying in Singapore. Southern Cross were amazing, case manager Khalid, was extremely helpful. He fully explained the requirements of the company, which we provided. The hospital bills were covered, arranged flights back to Australia, help at the airport and a chauffeur service to my door. I will definitely recommend this company to family and friends. Excellent! Thank you so much.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jennifer,
I’m sorry to hear about your accident while in Singapore, I hope you’re recovering well. Thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Double the premium for the same cover ..watch out for this ripoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

SCTI travel insurance premium for travel to the US - 19/1/18 - 21/2/18 : $172 ( Including Snowsports on piste or within commercial ski fields ) . Quote for travel to US - 24/1/19 - 20/2/19 : $326 ...thats a 90 % INCREASE. Since the 11th Sept 2018 they have removed the snow sports cover previously INCLUDED in their policy and now charge an EXTRA premium of +$135 . They used to be a competitive travel insurance provider now they are the same as all the rest if not more expensive. Beware if you have used them before and don t get caught.....other insurers now offer better cover for any body who might go skiing....

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi GT Travels, I’m sorry that we’re unable to offer you a more competitive premium on this occasion. I’ll make sure that your feedback about our premiums and the website is passed on to the releva... read more »

Pepper hi thanks but the problem is SCTI has removed the snow cover that was included in your Std Travel Insurance policies from 11/9/2018 however the premium quoted for the same period , same coun... read more »

Compassionate and understanding insurer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

This is our first time using SCTI but won't be the last. We chose them for their excellent reviews and they exceeded expectations. The policy was easy to set up, and the staff in the call centre were happy to answer a question I had prior to travel. Unfortunately we had to cut our trip short due to an illness in the family, and SCTI were kind and understanding during a very tough time. Although the initial claims process is slightly tedious (online form + mailing documents), the follow up via email was swift and easy to understand. We were then able to send supporting documentation via email which was appreciated. Special thanks to Lauren who was lovely to deal with.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi E D, I’m sorry to hear that you had to cut your trip short because of a family illness. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community, I’m happy to hear... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Just so easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I have just put purchased my third policy from SCTI. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough in Aug 2017 I got terrible food poisoning in Thailand that required me to be hospitalised. Once we handed over our insurance details - the only thing I needed to worry about was getting better. Thanks SCTI great customer experience.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kelly,
I’m sorry to hear you were unwell on your trip to Thailand, but I’m pleased we could offer our support during this stressful time. Safe travels, Pepper@SCTI.

TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR OUR TRIP TO HONG KONG

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

This was our first time with Southern Cross Insurance. After difficulty obtaining cover we were referred to Southern Cross. It was easy applying online and staff so helpful with our application. Thank you for keeping in touch with us before and after our trip. It gave us peace of mind.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Les,
Thanks for sharing your experience - it’s great to hear your feedback. We hope to hear from you when you’re planning your next adventure, Pepper@SCTI.

Travel insurance you need to have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

I have used Southern Cross more than once. They comparable favourably with other companies and very easy to apply on line. Fortunately I have never had to make a claim, but I trust this would not be a problem.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jen, Thanks for the five star review, we like to keep things simple!
We look forward to covering your next trip. Pepper@SCTI

Victoria

• 5 helpful votes

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Sadly had to cancel river cruise due to family injury,
claim was paid 3 days after I supplied all documentation.
Could not ask for better service.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mick, I am very sorry to hear that you had to cancel your river cruise as one of your family members was injured, I wish them a speedy recovery. It’s great to hear your claiming experience with... read more »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXCELLENT TRAVEL INSURANCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I have used SCTI three years in a row now and am very happy with your friendly service.
Luckily I came back home safely!

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Traveller,
Thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share it with others. I am pleased to hear you didn’t encounter any unexpected events on your journey!
All the best, Pepper@SCTI.

Home Safely

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

This is the first time that I have used SCTI I arrived home safely after three months of travel around the world by train and ship. Southern Cross kept in touch with me, which was reassuring.Thankfully I did not need to claim. I would definitely use them again.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi John,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am happy to hear you were able to travel with peace of mind, knowing you were covered by SCTI.
We look forward to covering your next trip, Pepper@SCTI

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Exactly what you want from travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I have used SCTI many times however this trip was my 1st claim.
My adjoining flight to the main international flight overseas got delayed so I missed the international flight and had to buy tickets to get back home in excess of over $1,000. The claim process through SCTI was easy and straight forward, provided you have proof and it is not within your control what happened then the claim is very quick.
Will be using again in future. A+

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dale, I am sorry to hear you missed your international flight due to your adjoining flight being delayed, I can only imagine how stressful this must have been! Thank you for taking the time to ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Very Happy with the service Provided, no hasse claim process and successful payout

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Recent trip to UK via Thailand with 2 young children. Had one of our connecting flights cancelled which led to a flight change cost of over $2800. Claim process was straight forward and i submitted a comprehensive and detailed explanation of events to SCTI. Less than 2 weeks later i received an email telling me that the claim would be paid in full (less the excess). Very happy and will continue to use SCTI in the future.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Callita, Sorry to hear your connecting flight was cancelled, that must have been very frustrating! Thank you kindly for your 5 star review, I’m glad to hear your claiming experience with us was... read more »

1 of 124 pages