Filter By:

Well priced insurance including all you need

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

This was an easy application process for a well priced insurance that covers all your needs. Reputable company that ensures all necessary travel issues will be covered and the comfort of an Australian company

Excellent. Easy to take out. Very good value.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Policy extremely easy to set up. I have used SCTI many and have never had to make a claim, so I cannot comment on ease of making a claim or access customer support. Very good value - and peace of mind.

Best ever insurance company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I have used SCTI for a number of years now and still find them the best. They are efficient and quick and so easy to do an insurance policy on line.
I have spoken about them to my friends and they use them as well now. I will stay with them as long as I can travel. :)

Terrific travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

All staff dealing with us from beginning to end were both compassionate and incredibly helpful and reliable.

Would recommend this travel insurance to anyone.

The policy itself was the best we could find as it is difficult to insure as senior citizen.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to review us Cat, we appreciate it.
Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Straight forward Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

I've just been notified that my claim has been settled with a favourable outcome. I had unfortunately caught the DSLR camera strap with my foot pulling it to the floor and damaging the lens. My dealings with SCTI customer support was positive, straight forward and very respectful. I've used them for years but have never before made a claim. Highly recommend.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi AnnieZoe. Thanks so much for your lovely review, it's great to hear that you'd recommend us. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Affordable, easy to accss travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I have a pre-existing condition which had previously disqualified me from visiting Africa, SCTI not only covered the condition at a very reasonable cost but were most helpful in assisting me to set up my personal policy. I will be a customer for life.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Botswanna Bertie. Thank you for the five star review! It's great to hear that you're happy with the service and price. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

lost/stolen mobile phone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

pretty peed off as I told the truth about lost/stolen phone at Sydney airport in the transit area and now have been told that is not an area that is covered...…...

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi greeny. So sorry to hear that we weren’t able to cover your claim. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Insurance claim made

Excellent - wouldn't use any other company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Southern cross is an excellent choice.
Making a claim is quick and easy and their customer service ia great. They are also by far the cheapest travel insurance. We wont use any other company.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michelle. Thanks for sharing your experience - It's great to hear your feedback. We look forward to covering your next trip. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

BRISBANE

• 1 question

Verified Customer

Peace of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

The policy for my husband John was comprehensive and yet value for money. Luckily we had no need to call in a claim but felt reassured if we did need to do so.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kay B. Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased your trip went without a hitch and you didn't have any reason to make a claim. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Verified Customer

Great product, will use them again and recommend them to friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Being able to go away with cover for a pre-existing illness was so pleasing and allowed me to enjoy the holiday.
The process was also very easy. I will definitely use them again in the future

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Slatts66. Your feedback is much appreciated, and I’ll pass it onto the team here at SCTI. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Burnside

Very cost effective policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Have used SCTI a number of times. Provided you keep your receipts if anything happens, claims settled quickly. They are very competitively priced and easy to get a policy. Will use again

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi peterh. Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Always a pleasure to use this company, no stress, and reasonably priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Easy to use easy to set up, no stress, i only ever used and will only use scti, as i feel its the best available, value for money, customer service is good.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Wouldn't go anywhere else for travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I wouldn't go anywhere else for travel insurance, SCTI were so good with my recent claim. The process was easy, and the outcome was excellent. Top notch customer service from an insurance company is pretty impressive.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Crankin. Thank you for taking the time to review us, Glad to hear you’re happy with our travel insurance! Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Complete Satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I have just received news that my claim has been accepted. My travel companion and I had to cancel our trip due to a bereavement. I have nothing but positive words to say about the staff. Whoever I was in touch with was always helpful and courteous. This was all completed within 10 days of forwarding documents. Will not have to look any further for future insurance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dennis. Thanks for taking the time to review us. It’s great to hear that you ae happy with how your claims have been handled. We Look forward to covering your next trip. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Great product, will use them again and recommend them to friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

The process was also very easy.
Will definitely use them again in the future

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi John W. Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to hear that we were able to cover your condition. Thanks for the recommendation. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Pre-existing covered

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I did not have to make a claim, but went on holiday knowing that a pre-existing condition was covered. Previously I have found it impossible to get this cover until I came across this policy.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Annie. Thanks for sharing your experience – It’s great to hear your feedback. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Claim process took some time however the correct outcome occurred

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

Only a few weeks after taking out a policy with SCTI my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and as a consequence we had to cancel our trip on which we'd paid a significant non refundable deposit. I lodged the claim and was advised that within 9 business days I could expect either a decision or a request for further information. About 8 business days later we were asked to authorise a further medical report in addition to that which I had provided when lodging
The time from lodgement to claim acceptance was almost 8 weeks, however to be fair to SCTI due to a number of factors it took 5 weeks for the medical centre to provide the GP report, meaning that SCTI's claim processing time was about 2 1/2 weeks in total. SCTI approved the claim the day after receiving the report, and I received payment the day after that. During the whole process I rang and emailed SCTI a number of times, and the assessor [ Wendy ] was always prompt, courteous and friendly in replying.

So the claim took some time, but the important thing was that we were properly reimbursed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bob R. Thanks for your review! It’s great to hear that you’re happy with the outcome of your claim. I’ll pass your feedback to Wendy, she’ll be pleased to hear it. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

• 11 answers
  • 43 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with this policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

This policy is simple to set up online with easy to follow steps and explanations. The policy itself is easy to understand and very broad. Personally, I think it is very good value. Although purchasing Southern Cross Travel Insurance for a number of trips overseas I have been fortunate not to have made a claim as yet so cannot review their claim procedures. I have always found customer service excellent when I have contacted them.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lynne24. Thanks for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Cover reasonable, customer service deplorable.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

The policy was good value.
It was reasonably easy to set up.
The customer service was abysmal as I had to talk to a person. He cited regulations for not being able to help me. I am willing to pay a bit more to get customer service that is respectful and obliging.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Don. Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the service you received from SCTI – I’ll pass your comments onto our Team Leaders to review.
Kind regards, Lusitania – SCTI

Insurance claim made

I will not be looking anywhere else for future Insurance cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Sadly only three weeks out from a dream World Cruise my Wife discovered a Tumour,after a quick trip to the Doctors we were given the bad news that an operation would be required with ongoing treatment so naturally the firs thing was a cancellation of our World Cruise,I made contact with SCTI,submitted a claim & in 8 working days had confirmation our claim was accepted.All of the Staff in SCTI i dealt with were EXCEPTIONAL,Thank you all.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Walter. Thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share this with others. I’m sorry to hear your wife needed medical attention. It’s great to hear that we were able to cover ... read more »

1 of 112 pages

I would like to to Atv in Bali, is this covered? It's a tour nut motor sport.

Sparky asked on Jun 15, 2018

We are flying to Honolulu and then cruising back to Australia we would like to know whether we take the USA policy or a South Pacific. Regards Neville

Neville L asked on Jun 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Neville. Thank you for the question.
Travel to Honolulu is covered under our ‘World’ plan. This provides cover for all overseas destinations.
Our policies all include cover for cruise travel, as a fare paying passenger on scheduled cruises.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the team at info@scti.com.au.
Kind regards
Lusitania - SCTI

Hi Just want to know if something happens overseas and we need to call an ambulance and be taken to hospital, if we call Southern Cross Travel insurance at the time do they cover all medical costs? Or do we need to pay upfront first and then claim from our insurance policy? Please advise. Thanks

Margaret F asked on Jun 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi Margaret F. Thank you for your question.
Our TravelCare policy provides cover for medical expenses due to an unexpected event.
Minor medical claims which usually only require a visit to a GP are handled on a pay and claim basis. This means that you would need to pay for costs upfront and ask for a copy of all your consultant notes, as well as keeping the original receipts.
If hospital treatment or surgery becomes necessary, you or someone acting on your behalf must call the Southern Cross Emergency Assistance team on our 24/7 emergency assistance phone line +61 2 9191 1180. We will provide confirmation of payment for your claim, which means that you do not need to pay for the costs upfront, as we will arrange direct payment to the hospital.
If you would like to discuss any other aspect of your policy, feel free to contact us directly on info@scti.com.au.
Kind regards