Filter By:

Castlemaine

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Super quick and excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Very easy to purchase our policy online. The website is very simple to navigate and understand and any questions are very promptly responded to. We chose it after comparing lots of competitors on Canstar and have now used them 5 or 6 times. We’ve never had to make a claim until this trip to Europe. My husband had an unfortunate dental emergency that required expensive and immediate treatment. We emailed SCTI with all the details and had a response within a few hours. The claim was submitted for assessment and they were in touch with us the whole way through. Within 2 weeks of the incident our claim was assessed, accepted and the money in our bank account. We were paid the highest amount that the policy stated. We couldn’t be more pleased - they were helpful, caring and super efficient. Exceptional service SCTI!

Beyond Expectation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

We got policy online for the family before our trip overseas. It was so fortunate that we did. Our four year old daughter accidentally cut her forehead in the hotel room, and was rushed to hospital. SCTI customer support was excellent and went beyond our expectation. It was the best outcome we could have had from an otherwise terrible accident.

Cancelled UK and Paris Trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Can only speak highly of the efficiency of SCTI when originally taking out the Travel Insurance Policy and then unfortunately having to cancel my entire trip and having to make a claim.
I used SCTI on the recommendation of a friend who had received the same wonderful service and I in turn will recommend SCTI to anyone I know who is travelling. Thank you.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Chezza. I'm really sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip, and hope you're able to rebook it soon. We really appreciate your recommendations. Thanks, Katie@SCTI

Ticked all the boxes for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I found it easy to navigate the website; clear and concise terms; sailed through the set up; communications were informative and supportive. I felt like I was in good hands and this was my first experience with SCTI. Excellent value for money.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sundance. Thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share this with others. I'm glad you felt like you were in safe hands! All the best, Katie@SCTI

Insurance claim made

Good follow up claims service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Reasonable value, policy wording a bit contradictory unless you are the Insurer. Customer support was prompt and efficient by keeping client up to date with progress of claim

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi William. Thank you for your feedback on our service, it's good to hear you were happy with the customer support. Thanks, Katie@SCTI

Vietnam 2018 covered

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Simple, affordable travel insurance and great peace of mind when heading OS. Have used SCTI several times and yet to make a claim thankfully.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ian. Thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. I'm glad your TravelCare policy means you can travel with peace of mind. Katie@SCTI

Easy and straight forward

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Easy and straight forward to buy on line. Have used before but have not yet had to claim. Liked the follow up email on return.p

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Pammy. It’s great to hear that you found it simple and easy to buy a policy online. Safe travels. Katie@SCTI

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Best of Breed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I have used SCTI for the last few years, and have had to make two claims, one medical and one for a lost notebook.
Both claims were settled promptly and without fuss. Highly recommended.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Leroy. Thanks for the awesome feedback! It's great to hear you were happy with your claims experience. Safe travels. Katie - SCTI

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Excellent company with great prices.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

My family has used SCTI many times. Easy to apply online and competitive prices. Unfortunately I had to make a claim due to illness. They were fabulous to deal with and processed my claim quickly, which was much appreciated. Have no hesitation in recommending to family and friends.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi neillisa. I hope you're feeling much better now. Thanks for your kind words and the recommendations. We hope to cover your next family adventure! Katie - SCTI

Best TIC ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I have used many others. This company has easily been the best. They make claims easy and are super understanding about travel issues.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Emma. Thanks for the lovely feedback. It's fantastic to hear that we're you're preferred insurer. We look forward to covering your travels for many years to come. Katie - SCTI

Good value travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Recommended by a friend, easy to apply on line. Price of policy was cheaper than others but still offered good coverage. Will use again when travelling overseas and thankful a claim wasn't required.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Molly. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the ProductReview community. It's great to hear you found the online application process easy. We look forward to covering your next adventure. Katie - SCTI

Good experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Price was good.
Staff was professional and was quick to make changes for me when I contacted them.
Stress free, thank you.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Paps. Thanks for the feedback on our price and service. I'm glad we could make the process stress-free for you. Katie - SCTI

Thank you for asking and ensuring us, you are there for us.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

The policy was good, it was nice to receive an email from you, welcoming us home. That alone was nice to read. Thank you

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sebastiana. Thank you for the lovely feedback. It's good to know our customers appreciate our emails. Katie - SCTI

Excellent policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

No claim required thankfully but easy to apply online and very quick response with cover for all medical conditions. Great value and will certainly use next time I travel.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Barbs. I'm glad your trip went to plan and you didn't need to make a claim. We look forward to covering your next holiday. Katie - SCTI

Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

It is easy to purchase southern cross travel insurance online. This is not the first time I have insured with them. I have never had a reason to make a claim, thank goodness, but the welcome home message & the do you need to make a claim question, was very nice.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jeanette. Thanks for the fantastic review. It's great to hear you enjoyed receiving our emails. Katie - SCTI

Melbourne Australia

• 1 comment
Private message

Easy to purchase, relevant to the potential risks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I did not have to claim but the cover was competitive in coverage and cost. This is the second time I have used STCI and I would use again. The proof of value is when/if a claim has to be made and how easy they make this.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ian. I'm glad your holiday went smoothly and you had no reason to make a claim. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Katie - SCTI

Not a holiday but thanks anyway

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Easy policy to get online at a great price compared to other insurance, great customer contact and service, will definitely use them again

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tiffany. Thank you for the awesome feedback on our service. We look forward to covering your next trip. Katie - SCTI

EXCELLENT VALUE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

The policy was quick and easy to purchase on line and I was fully covered for events which was not the case from other providers which I had investigated. Also the pricing was very competitive.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Peter. Thanks for the feedback on our website, it's great to hear you found the process quick and easy. Katie - SCTI

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Peace of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Have used SCTI for the past 5 years or so. We have had two claims in that time and absolutely no hassles whatsoever. Can very highly recommend them to all overseas travellers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Roger, great to hear that you're happy with both of your claiming experiences. We hope to cover your next adventure! Katie - SCTI

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Good outcome, good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

A personal accident while oversees caused us to miss our flight home. Our claim for medical expenses, subsequent air travel and accommodation were met in full with efficiency and a minimum of fuss. One thing that may be helpful for future reference, something that I didn’t know, is that the airlines I dealt with have pro-forma available for insurance claim information (such as “no show” records).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Stephen, I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope all involved are OK. Thank you very much for the 5-star review, I'm glad we were able to get your claim approved efficiently. Katie - SCTI

1 of 117 pages

Do you pay medical bills directly to the hospital/provider for approved claims? I have heard that most travel insurance providers make you pay for the medical bills personally and get reimbursed from the insurance company afterwards.

Angel M asked on Aug 12, 2018

Hi Angel,

If you require medical care or incur medical expenses overseas that are likely to exceed $2,000, you or someone acting on your behalf will need to contact Southern Cross Emergency Assistance for prior approval as soon as possible on +61 2 9191 1180.

We will be able to review your claim, organise emergency evacuation if necessary, provide the hospital with a payment guarantee so you don’t have to pay up-front, and keep your family back home informed of your situation.

I hope that answers your question. If there is anything else you need to know, you're welcome to contact us directly on +61 2 9191 1180 or info@scti.com.au.

Thanks,

Katie - SCTI

In your comprehensive policy do you cover airlifting someone, who has fallen ill on a Cruise ship, to the nearest land based hospital?

Linda M asked on Jul 26, 2018

Answer this

Hi Linda M. Thank you for your question – Yes our policies do cover cruises and there is cover available for unexpected medical expenses and evacuation. Pre-existing medical conditions are automatically excluded, unless you declare these and pay an additional premium to be covered at the time of purchasing a policy.

So you're aware, our policies automatically include cover for cruise travel as a fare paying passenger.

When purchasing our insurance, you are required to enter all the destinations that you will be travelling to. Please feel free to go to our website: https://www.scti.com.au/ and obtain a quote for your cruise.

Please feel free to contact the team directly info@scti.com.au if you have any further questions.

I hope you have a great time while on your cruise. Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI

Does it cover for cruise?

judy asked on Jul 19, 2018

Answer this

Hi Judy. Thanks for your question. Yes our policies do cover cruises and there is cover available for unexpected medical expenses.
For more information, please see our policy wording which you can find here: https://www.scti.com.au/what-we-cover/policy-wording/ or please feel free to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au.
Kind regards, Lusitania - SCTI