Moranbah

Waste of time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Product was good until there was an issue. Spoke to manufacturer, was told it was covered by warranty but claim will need to be processed through sparesbox. Called sparesbox and was told the part was on its way. Got the runaround, never got calls or emails back, eventually after over two months I was told the manufacturer knocked it back. Currently sorting out issue with manufacturer and replacement part.
Poor customer service. Nor I or our other mechanics will be dealing with sparesbox again.

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Bought products off them, 3 weeks later they weren't even shipped.
Enquired about what happened, generic reply, 1 week later they were shipped.
Recv another week later, installed the parts with a shop every was okay until 1.5 month later.
Part is causing horrible vibration, i ask for a exchange or refund, they send me a form to fill out requiring vin etc i fill that out. Then they ask me for diagnosis report, i've literally wasted around 600 dollars buying the part, then 350 for installation twice. As i had to install the old oem part, if my 20 year old part is not causing vibrations or clicking i'm pretty sure the diagnosis is the part you've sold me is faulty.

Horrible to deal with, would rather pay 3x the amount for oem i can't be bothered with this business anymore.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

I can only imagine how much of a frustrating experience this has been, Dean. If you could send me an email with your order number to support@Sparesbox.com.au, I'd very much like to be able to r... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Items always arrive way too late!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

This is the 3rd time I’ve ordered off of sparesbox and it says ‘will arrive in 4 business days’ yeah we’ll it's been 7 and they still haven’t even sent it! I’ve rang a few times and they’re just useless! Not impressed!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Hi Kelly, If you have been promised delivery within 4 business days and it's been delayed, you have every right to be angry. I hope you can accept our sincere apology for your experience. I... read more »

Freshwater 2096

First time used - for major service - FANTASTIC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

cambelt, waterpump, guide bearing, oil and auto change , sparkplugs,etc
Arrived on time, did exactly what was required as per book.
polite, accurate, clean and tidy.
Easy to arrange, price competitive, and when you consider that they came to me, saved me half a day !!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great customer service fast delivery great quality brand name parts . I’ll be using them in the New

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Great customer service fast delivery. Huge range of gear . Great brand name parts I’ll use the company again for sure . Reasonable prices. And super fast delivery. Thanks

Poor service, incompetent mechanic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

Colleague and I used their mobile mechanic service. The mechanic Kristen took longer than expected to finish both the services because he was on facebook all day or picking his nose. When he did brief us on some common faults his advice was to "buy a Nissan, they're a better car".

If only he knew our previous car was a Nissan which we traded in because the gearbox was faulty. I found the service to be unreliable, unhygienic, unprofessional and the advice to be condescending.

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I ordered two separate product from this company. First product arrived on time so all good. Separate product have not even shipped after one week and I needed this before Christmas.

I wrote to their e-mail and through eBay. Hard to get a response and when you get one there is no specifics except we will get back to you...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

If you have received half your order, had to wait for the second product and found it hard to get information from us, you have every right to be angry, Martin. I cannot apologise enough for the po... read more »

Luke, it was two seperate orders. I sent 3 e-mails during a 10 day period with no response. So please don't tell people to e-mail customer service when they don't bother responding. Order was place... read more »

No Stock.. Flase Advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Believe the negative reviews. This mob don't have the stock they advertise on their website. K&N filters are shippped in from america. The site says delivery in 3 days to Liverpool sydney, but speak to their customer service, they state it will be over a week cos they don't hold stock. Halse advertising much.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

This is most certainly a challenge and I hope you can accept our most sincere apologies that you've had such a negative experience ordering a K&N filter from us, MDiante. Our vision is to be ab... read more »

The best of the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

THE BEST OF THE BEST!
honestly hands down the best auto parts store around.
I Live in remote QLD and have made close to a dozen orders with Sparesbox and always receive my orders within a week! They are so fast and reliable and not to mention AMAZING customer service. I wasn't to sure what part i needed so i spoke to a lovely young lady and she assured me what part i needed, sure enough she was correct. I will be buying from Sparesbox on the most regular basis as i have alot of old cars that i do up in my spare time. Thank you so much Sparesbox for making it easy to buy great quality parts when you live remote and dont have a supercheap auto or repo within 500kms!

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Thank you for such a great review, Barry! I grew up in small remote rural towns in QLD and it's great to know that we are helping to solve some of the challenges of living out that way. We are here... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Liars, used products and very terrible customer service. Made a complaint to the Manager and claimed to call me back but never even bothered.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Thank you for your very honest feedback and I hope you can accept my sincere apology that you did not receive a call back as promised. If you could send me an email with your order number to su... read more »

Gold coast

Private message

This company doesn’t seem to learn as you read reviews

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Very poor service. I paid for two days delivery ( and for brake pads you need urgently) however once booked and paid attached to invoice is apologies for delays in dispatching. Two days later got email saying dispatching. Wrote a complaint email to get “see our terms”
Four days on still no delivery. Asked for money back.
Sadly many of us read the reviews to late. But for those whom don’t. Suggest look elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Splash, to have paid for two day delivery for brake pads you needed urgently only to have delays and an email that only points you to our terms, is an experience that you have every right to be ang... read more »

Don’t Purchase From Sparesbox

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Items advertised as available but whenever you call to confirm they are discontinued or not available for months. Good prices if you are willing to wait. Not worth the hassle.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Customer service nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Placed my order on 14 Nov for a clutch kit and some oil filters.

Payment went through but there was no sign of shipment.

19 Nov, email contacted customer service, they replied the same day saying they are "working to acquire an accurate ETA" and upgrade my shipping to Express post.

24 Nov, 2nd payment of AfterPay was due in 4 days but there still no sign of shipment. email contacted customer service and NO REPLY.

27 Nov, Email contacted customer service again, to chase up my order and also contact them from their web site.

Customer service replied on 28 Nov said there was a listing error and they can not offer the clutch kit and they offer a refund.

On the same day 28 Nov, they also replied my message from the website contact, saying they offer me a refund on "19 Nov" (please take note of the timeline) , I replied are you sure you offer me the refund on 19 Nov but not 28 Nov ? And they replied "That is correct, we had originally sent this on the 19/11"

29 Nov , I send the a screen capture of the email "offer of refund" to proof that they lie and ask what options i have.

30 Nov, they reply with the option of refund or same value of item from their shop. then i asked them to refund to me. The refund process was really fast and i got message from AfterPay immediately.

After i got the refund, I contacted one of the Exedy distributor in my area and they say they can supply the clutch.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Doug, this is a frustrating and stressful ordeal and I cannot apologise enough for your experience. If you could send me an email with your order number to support@Sparesbox.com.au, I'd very much... read more »

Luke I've written what happened in the review above and my order number is 100111594. Please let me know if you need more information. and i believe if you are willing to rebuilding customer... read more »

Hi Doug,

Absolutely, I will investigate what happened with your order. I will need to ensure that your privacy is protected with our public responses but I'm sure we can discuss openly.

- Luke (Head of Customer Experience)

Never Ever Again, No customer server. Never Ever Again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I ordered items, 6 days after email no contact from them, tried the online chatting an only came up with we will get back to you. 6 days and still waiting, Rang them and every time it says you are top of the waiting queue, and then says connecting and disconnects you. Will never ever use again and highly recommend other do not

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Hi Michael, This sounds like a frustrating ordeal and I cannot apologise enough for your experience. You have every right to be angry. If you could send me an email with your order number to... read more »

Took Too long to despatch order. No correspondence to say order was delayed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Bought some oil filters that were on discount. Website navigation OK.
Had to chase order after 4 days and then had to chase again when goods were not dispatched.
There was no message saying the order was delayed.
Eventually got the filters and were the correct items but this could have been done better.
Price was good, therefore satisfactory result but you need to provide status of order to your customers.

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Thank you for your honest and detailed review, Graeme and we couldn't agree more. It's so very important that any customer making a purchase or ordering a service from Sparesbox is informed if ther... read more »

Hi Luke. My order no was #100087008 Mann Oil Filters suit Peugeot 307
Regards

Graeme.

No customer service?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Purchased 2 very small items on eBay... (Would easily fit in a 500g prepaid bag) postage for 1 item was $8.50 eBay auto calculated to $17 postage. I asked Sparesbox to combine postage, expected to pay about $10. Then it was increased to $20?? For 2spark plugs... Seriously??
I sent 5 emails to customer service requesting postage be corrected or item cancelled..I received 3 replys all from all different people, none of them helpful at all,
Would not even offer to cancel order.
Not the first time I had an issue with there either, last order I received was damaged and it took 6 weeks to get a replacement!!
I'm sure these guys are cheap but no customer service at all. They just don't care. Do yourself a favor and take your money elsewhere.

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Hi Rob, I'd very much like to be able to review what happened so we have an opportunity to learn from it and work toward rebuilding your trust in Sparesbox. If you could send me an email with yo... read more »

Excellent shipping and pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

I purchsed several air filters from this website. I live regionally but the items turned up the following day via courier. Pricing was competitive and the company responded to my emails immediately. Impressed and happy to recommend.

Wollongong

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Recomend

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Great service. Break pads didn't not fit, however their return and refund was quick and easy. Unfortunately I couldn't purchase another set of break pads as it was required urgently otherwise I would have purchased it through spearbox.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Liars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Purchased an item, after a week they told me they had no stock, promised to then send it express post.
Item never arrived, was told I had to check with Aus post.
Was NEVER sent express by express post as they promised.
Will go broke very soon if this is their business model.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Hi Mick, If you were promised express post and it was sent standard shipping, especially after there was a delay, you have every right to be angry. I hope you can accept our sincere apologies for... read more »

Verified Customer

Very competitive prices. Efficient online store system that works well.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Store is easy to navigate but sometimes it rearranges items when you go a page backwards after clicking on an item for further details otherwise it does a great job !
Range of products is great and quality is good however sometimes tools are at the higher end of price than I personally want or can afford but that is just my preference.
I have not used any of the other services provided by Spares box but as an online store the price on a lot of car parts, service items and car care products I use is probably the best around and I already receive a 10-30% discount at another competitor!

Comments
Sparesbox Official

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review, Poiyda! It's insights like these that our design and development teams find incredibly valuable! Please reach out to us if you ever need any help or information.

- Sparesbox Support

1 of 30 pages

On Friday 27 Apr I ordered 2x5l liquid moly 5x30 special tech f oil, However I mistakenly ordered special tech LL. I rang and tried to change the order, The bloke staid that the order was changed and would be sent to-day. The oil I ordered was about $79 and I paid $158 by paypal. The oil I want is $86; therefore I owe you $14, The bloke did not seem interested in tellinf me how to pay the extra. Could you confirm that I am getting the liquid moly special tech F and how do you wish me to pay the extra $s Bill Farrell

Bill asked on Apr 30, 2018

Can I get a replacement connector joint for my panasonic sd-2500 wxc automatic breadmaker? Espares says connector joint stock number: es1623171 is not compatible

BBBOOKWORM asked on Mar 10, 2018

Answer this

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch, our Customer Service team will be able to answer this. You can email us directly, just flick us an email to support@sparesbox.com.au - If you would like us to email you directly, please just send us your full email address or contact number so we can answer any fitment, order or pre-purchase enquiries.

Cheers,
Sparesbox Support

why doesn't anyone answer the phone when calling sparesbox?

ken asked on Dec 07, 2017

Answer this

Same problem called today at 1.15pm aest and on hold for 12 minutes and still no answer.i For an $60 online order they want my credit card statement transaction code to confirm my order before they can dispatch. Seriously? Get your shact together otherwise close up.

They don't. 10 minutes on hold then message bank. They don't return your call either. They also don't respond to email or the online chat function.

They are happy to take your money however. One of the great online fraudsters in my opinion.

Hey Guys,

So sorry to hear you were all having the same issue! We hear you in these reviews and have made positive action to fixing this. We've hired more staff to assure that we're answering all the enquiries and will also be opening later to answer email and chat enquiries in the near future.

Should you require any further information please don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,