Toowoomba, Queensland

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

... What a sigh of relief ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

... Yes we did Rob a Bank, our Bank A/c - to buy this Wonderful Machine, however do you know what? not one day has passed now since our purchase back in March 2018 have we regretted our rather extravagant purchase. Oil, Grease, Mud - we used to have mud just Dust now, Cow Poop, Horse Poop, Cattle Drench, Blood ... well the list goes on; nothing is too much trouble for the Speed Queen AWNA62.
Quiet, thorough and even Delicate with some washes where needed - yes we do have a water shortage where we live "off the grid" as it is a water gusler and having to deal with a Drought now for the past three years we recycle every drop into the garden; as for the mechanics of the Speed Queen AWNA62 it is built to do the distance. Extremely pleased - and as an added bonus even 'He' can use it with the simplicity of its controls and ease of operation now that is a sigh of relief!!!

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Brilliant Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

So simple to use absolutely no trouble, quiet and easily set and go with quick cycles. The clothes come out extra clean, bright and spun to a damp finish, just superb. Well worth the money and I would highly recommend this machine to anyone wanting dependability, durability and ease of use.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Words cannot give sufficient justice!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I used to be an unemployed movie theater usher but that all changed when I bought the Speed Queen AWNA62. Now I’m an unemployed movie theater usher with a Speed Queen! Before purchasing this beautiful piece of engineering i just floated through life like I was never whole, part of, uncomfortable in my own skin but since taking ownership of the Speed Queen AWNA62 I have a life beyond my wildest dreams!!! Thank you Speed Queen!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great functionality and ultra durable!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

-Very easy to use with all types of clothing and materials such as polyesters and cotton.
-The controls and features are also very simple and has very quick cycles. Even great when using at different speeds.
-It handles delicate clothing with ease and is very quiet compared to previous machines I’ve used

Yarrawonga

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Good price washing machine that works well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Have been very pleased owning the speed queen top loader after having in the past three years front loaders this top loader is easy to put cloths in and out without having to get down on your hands or knees to pull out cloths. It also has been the best top loader I've used as its cleaned dirty cloths very well.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Kanwal

Date Purchased: May 2016

Just what we wanted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

We only buy quality product, so when our old washer died after many years of use and abuse, we went for the speed queen.
We were a little disappointed when it was delivered, it had a scratch on the front panel.
Not a huge scratch, just a scratch which you don't want on a new machine.
Because of the way this machine is built, the front panel could be easily removed and on speaking to the agent, we arranged a replacement panel to be delivered later that week rather than sending the machine back.
Had the panel delivered and installed the next day. How is that for service?
The machine sees washing 3-4 times a week, work clothes, sheets, blankets, all manner of washing.
Never an issue. And its sooo easy to use.
No complicated buttons, switches and thingamabobs to fiddle with, just simple easy controls that wash.
This is a quality machine, quiet, solid and effective in cleaning clothing.
would recommend speed queen to anyone.

wollongong

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Excellent machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Great simple operating machine,Washes excellent,Need to be careful with delicates as the machine is heavy duty so choose the gentle cycle at all times.We had a Maytag for 16 years prior without drama.We chose the speed queen for the simple controls and reliability you get when purchasing a HD machine.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

absolutely wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Its fast, quiet and does a great job!
The delivery man was excellent, my home is on a very steep block and it would have been a challenge for him to install.

My favourite features are its easy operations .. very simple and intuitive, cant speak more highly of it

Purchased at: Appliances Direct Online

Wagga wagga

• 6 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

This is my second washing machine in 20 years! So I did my research and the speed queen has lived up to the great reviews!
Quiet, lint free, no washing powder marks and it’s faster than my old machine.
A little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and it’s well worth it!

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

FANTASTIC Washing machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

The Speed "Mc" Queen as I call it is fantastic. I can put my husband's filthy work clothes in the machine, they sometimes can be wet and muddy and heavy, the machine never gets unbalanced, it's so quiet and the clothes come out perfectly clean. I can wash our king size bedding and the dogs sherpa beds with no troubles and just a load of normal clothes is a breeze. Yes this machine is pricey but worth every penny. I didn't get the electric controls as I think it's just one more thing than can go wrong with a machine. Manual controls brilliant and so simple to use. Downfall, the hose just sits in the trough not connected direct to plumbing outlet. I can over look this for what you get.

New South Wales

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great price & great washing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

We had to replace our old LG over 10 years old and couldn't afford a top level brand washing machine so we picked this option up from eBay as it was really cheap. It cleans stains well and has loads of different modes. We had to extend our water pipe as it was short

Purchased at: eBay

Newcastle

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great washing machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

After having a Maytag washing machine for 15 yrs which now are no longer available I purchased a Speed Queen top loader as a replacement.
I have been using this machine for 21/2 years and now feel its time to give an opinion on its performance and reliability.
So far this machine has performed perfectly for me and has not miss a beat, if your looking at a top loader without the fancy bells and whistles that does the job of just washing all types of clothes and a machine that will last the distance it would be hard to go past this one.
A lot of caravan parks and laundromats use this brand of washing machine so I guess they must think that these machines represent value for money.

Purchased at: Domayne

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Aug 2010

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

On my second Speed Queen washing machine now. Great machines! Lots of options on cycles and load sizes. Great for large heavy loads too.
Exceptional after sales service. Had my 8 year old machine up and running and looking like new in no time. Would most definitely recommend both the washing machine and matching dryer.

Warragul

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Fantastic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

After having my old Kleenmaid for 25 years I was hesitant at purchasing a new machine. I’d heard horror stories about front loader machines so decided to stick with what had worked for quarter of a century. This machine is absolutely fantastic and I’m really happy I didn’t fall for a fancy looking electronic number. My only complaint, and I use the term reluctantly, is the cheap looking and feeling on/off switch. Change that and it would be beyond improvement.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very Happy with New Speed Queen washing machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Purchased our Speed Queen recently after having a front loader for many years. The clothes come out very clean and well rinsed . Unlike my front loader which often left my clothes soapy. It does use a bit more water than my old front loader, although i can fit a lot more washing in my Speed Queen and do less loads. Its very quick and easy to use as i dont have to crawl around on the floor to put washing in the machine any more.. Its not loud, the same level of noise as my front loader just a different sound. I love the convience of having clean washing done so quiclkly. i no longer have to wait half a day for the washing to be done. I would highly recommend this machine.

Comments
Speed Queen Official

Hi Lou lou,
Thanks for review & we are pleased you new SQ washer is filling your expectations.
Laundry love, who would thought it.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Very happy with our Speed Queen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

After 29 years of constant use our first Speed Queen stopped working. Only one call out for a minor problem after 20 years. We just purchased another Speed Queen and Sydney (the installer) went above and beyond what we expected. After a couple of washes today, we are already very happy with our new purchase. Great service and great machine.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Speed Queen Official

Thanks for the great endorsement Chooky, we are pleased you love your new Speed Queen washer.

Ellenbrook

Date Purchased: Aug 1998

A surprisingly robust washing machine - mine is 20 years old

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

I purchased my Speed Queen back in August 1997 and it is still going. When I bought the machine we had little ones and it worked overtime. The large drum meant we could also deal with those night time accidents and wash all the bedding without concern.

The only repair I have had to make to the machine has been the timer switch. The machine is fairly noisy when operating compared with many newer and smaller models, but the longevity of the machine has really surprised me.

If you want a long lasting washing machine, then a Speed Queen is a good option in my opinion.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Hate it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Even as my beloved Maytag was dying it was a far superior machine and washed 100% better. Purchased my Speed Queen a year ago. They replaced the first machine because of the racket it was making. Second machine needed to have start button replaced and belt adjusted. Still hums/buzzes and whines. Very rough on the clothes which is an enigma because it doesn't clean the clothes to my standard. The top needs to be down to fill so I have to stand by and keep lifting the lid (it takes around 6 to 7 minutes to fill to the top) then the clothes go in. If you lift the lid for more than 60 seconds the machine starts draining water. I never fail to scrape my fingers removing the laundry because the opening is too small and the plastic around the edge of the bowl is rough. I also purchased the matching dryer and while I initially though it was OK, its a nightmare as well. The laundry crumples into a round ball and half the load comes out still damp after prying everything apart. A huge waste of money and an utter nightmare.

Purchased at: Winning Appliances

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Speed Queen Official

Hi Jet, We are very sorry the machine is not performing to you satisfaction, as these machines are very similar to your beloved Maytag I can only suggest either there is an operational issue or you... read more »

perth

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers

Date Purchased: Aug 2002

THE ONLY WASHER TO BUY

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

You pay for what u get...this is not my model but they are so good, mine has not stopped for 15 years and is still as good as the day I purchased it..if u can afford it buy it with no seconds thoughts...highly recommend this product no hesitation...great manufacturers of washing machines

Biggera Waters

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 1998

Kleenmaid (Speedqueen) Beats any other brand in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

When I was young with babies, washing machines only lasted several years with constant repairs, especially in winter. Then I bought a Kleenmaid which lasted 20 years, then had it repaired in 2010 and now finally, after 20 years is needing a 2nd repair. It has kept running, giving a perfect wash every time. Now living in Queensland (since 2006) where everything rusts and it still looks brand new. Why would you buy any other brand? So I have made the decision, knowing it will last for another 20 years - to buy a NEW one again with the 5 years warranty. Extremely Very happy....

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes