Filter By:

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Coverage and help terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Coverage impossible inside my home. Informed help desk in November how bad it had become. Changed provider porting took 4 days with both telcos blaming each other. Now Spintel informed me I would be billed another month no sympathy no service no help.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi randhlouis, Could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

not sure how to do that give me a no to message to

look at service id 494612

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Beware of spintel bill Bussiness account scam addvertised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Spintel addvertised $100 credit for 18 months sign up for Bussiness account. But first bill charged you full and also charged one month extra for upfront too. Which mean first bill they charged 2months plus moderm in full price and nothing about $100 credit.
I call them three times and very time wasted before they deducted $5 from third till last bill.
My point here is about : Spintel will not automatically deducted $100 credit for you until you keep complaining. They are cheating frawght addvertised to try to get customer sign up with them. But when you with them, they just want to take your money by direct debit.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Eric, Could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at this issue.

Quinns Rocks

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Genuine advise don't go with this company for internet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Called Spintel today to sign up but when ask about some questions about remote access to their advance modem, if i can do port forward or options about the wifi settings. They kept telling me that i have to call them for that. I told them that i like to do my own setting and be able to log in to the Modem, but the sale person kept telling me i have to call them for that. Didn't signed up with them because it already shows how bad the support quality is. Will not recommend the company at all ( they are base in Sri Lanka ).

Verified Customer Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Spintel overcharged me with $417 and admitted it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I am very dissapointed and feel even betrayed by Spintel.

I travelled in NZ and used data roaming over there. I was unaware of the cost after asking information about international roaming, because spintel customer service was not willing to answer my questions.
During my vacation I noticed I had a bill for more than $1000. I only used around 1GB of data. I called Spintel in NZ to ask what was going on with my bill. The customer service agent was very rude and did not want to engage in a constructive conversation.
Back in Australia I contacted Spintel via email and asked to review my bill. Marigold from customer service forwarded it to the billing department and promised me an answer within 3 business days.
I never received an answer. I sent 3 reminder emails and 2 other emails to review my bill. Again, I did not receive any response.
Today I received a bill with an amount payable not comparable to the original amount. i contacted customer service again. There I met [name removed], whom was very helpful. He cleared everything out and that is how I found out Spintel charged me 40% or $417 too much. If I had never reviewed my bill, Spintel would have stolen $417 from me. They calculate this based on set parameters and thus used the wrong data roaming rate for everyone travelling to NZ. They just used $0,01/KB instead of the right $0,006 as shown on their website. I never received an answer or apology, only from [name removed].

Spintel is the cheapest on paper, but will charge you something completely different in the end and steal money from you this way.

Brisbane

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Dreadful Service, cheap prices

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Spintel's customer service is horrible. The customer service representatives are hired in foreign countries (Phillipines) and simply don't understand what they're doing. I had an issue with a phone line fault and conducted isolation tests, used a new home phone to see if that was the issue, etc etc. The phone line was still dead. Spintel said according to their tests it was an inside issue beyond the boundary point. I called Telstra and asked for their interpretation of the phone line results which I received from spintel. They stated it is likely an outside issue. Called Spintel and they made a story up about how "we use tools designed by optus to test the phone lines, so Telstra might come to a different conclusion than us". Talked to an optus supervisor on live chat and they stated they refer any phone test they conduct to Telstra for analysis! LOL! Spintel caught in a web of lies. Amusingly, Spintel wanted to charge $150 if a technician checked the line and it was indeed an inside issue. Telstra would send the technician out for free...So far the problem hasn't been resolved due to this awful policy.

The reason I scored two stars is because Spintel offers pretty affordable plans and their internet speeds are usually fine which is the main attraction.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Josh, Could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at this issue.

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I signed up for a mobile plan and was told that I could keep my old phone number, however when I activated the SIM I was allocated a new number. When I advised Spintel of this they told me it was my mistake and if I want to keep my old number I have to pay for 30 days for the new number even though I am not using it, as well as paying for the account under my old number at the same time!! Spintel's call centre is based in the Phillipines and its proving very difficult to speak to an actual person. I did arrange a call back but was then transferred and was told that there was a 20 minute wait. I tried calling a direct 1300 number but faced even longer waiting times.
Be warned, attractive pricing but poor customer service.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Peter, if you can private message your account details, we can have a look at why the porting was not done and can arrange a call back to sort the issue as well.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Worst product ever charges keep going

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Terrible product even on a no contact plan they will charge you for another month as you are supposed to give 30 days notice be wary don't deal with spintel terrible service

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Kim, if you can private message your account details, we can arrange a call back from the complaints team to discuss the charges.

Adelaide

Be warned

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I was over charged and had to fight with them to get my money back. As it was their fault (on their own admission) they made it sound like they were doing me a favor when they eventually reimbursed the over charge but they credited my SpitTel account NOT my credit card where they took it from. I guess that is another crap company policy!

Their speeds are much slower that advertised. I'm on a 50/20 plan and when I initially started with them I was getting 48/18 which was acceptable but the best I can achieve these day is 32/15 and that is in off peak times! I have spoken to them about the issue and their response was "it must be at your end", talk about passing the buck! Yet another example of its not their fault it is always someone else's fault. Come on SpitTel stand up the the line and take some responsibility or is that against the ethos of the company?

My contract with them finishes next month and they wont see me for dust. DON'T get sucked in like I did as there are many more to choose from out there

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Greg & Gioia, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the speed issue.

It's only when it is put on a public forum Spintel will act. Too late sorry. As mentioned in my initial post, when my contract expires, I will be rid of SPITTELL forever. So as you're reading this ... read more »

Connection Type: I don't know

Worst Nbn service for my residential address

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I have spoken to several ppl trying to sort out my zero speed and no one has done a thing. Other than send me a new modem and then charge me for it and postage which I never agreed to pay and they said it would be refunded 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t been refunded. sent me a faulty modem to start with and then charged me again
Very annoyed wouldn’t recommend this company I was alway happy with my adsl2 but you need to sort out this Nbn issue

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Deams, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

I’ve already contacted you my phone several times. I still haven’t been refunded for the modem I didn’t order. It’s called stealing when someone calls and says that they didn’t approve that amount ... read more »

SpinTel Official

Hi,without the account details, we are unable to check why the modem refund has not been approved.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Horrible. Would not recommend!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Been with spintel for less than a month and had so many problems so far. Activated my card before I Asked them to do so. Was charged 3x what my plan was and then gave me a credit for $10 for this, which is a lot under what they were supposed to give me. And spent a lot of time on my phone trying to sort it out, guy laughed at me when I made sure They we’re doing the right thing now. Would not recommend

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Melissa, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

• 2 questions
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Mine NBN50 500GB/month is good for value ,quite OK so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Connection was quick , modem received in two days , all set to use except to call the customer service to report the serial number and MAC address so they can open up the registration.
customer support worked on the modem, it worked immediately but then stopped ,tests and proven the modem faulty ,even it was branch new.
replacement came quickly.
VOIP was also working after some initial hickup ,guessed was due to port out issue with TPG .
Line is quite stable .Once or fews time per week , need to manually reset the modem , other time it recovered by itself.
if it is proven very stable ,i would consider to upgrade to NBN100. time will tell.
check on the second bill , noticed that the returned model was not credit back to the bill , used chat room to contact support to rectify it , waiting for dispute approval , should be straight forward.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you chris luc55 for the positive response. If you want us to have a look at dispute or billing please private message your account details.

Ashmore, Queensland

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Worst port I have ever come across. Never again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

It took 7 days for the SIM card to arrive from Sydney to the Gold Coast (usually 24 to 48hrs at most), so I do not believe they sent it when they said they had. Optus disconnected my wife's phone Friday 30th Nov in the afternoon, and instead of taking a few minutes to a few hours to reconnect, we are here Monday night with still a phone that has not been ported/provisioned.

I phoned at 9.00am during their business hours on Saturday morning, Dec 1st, only to be forced to leave a message with a recording stating that I would receive a call back within 2 business hours. No call back on Saturday, nothing on Monday.

I phoned SpinTel Monday afternoon to be advised that the activation team had finished for the day and someone will call me tomorrow morning. I received a phone call from SpinTel this morning (Tuesday 5 Dec), and the number can't be ported until at least the 7th. An entire week for a port, an entire week without a phone.

I have signed up with another carrier, and as soon as the SIM is provisioned and working, I will transfer away.

This is not the 1970's SpinTel, if every other carrier can port a number in a matter of minutes to a few hours, what on earth is your issue?

All I can say, is I am glad it wasn't my phone, as it is used for business.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: I don't know

Best mobile and internet service I have ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

My connection is extremely reliable. The only dropouts I have had have been network outages and Spintel technicians have dealt with this for me in a fast and courteous manner. I could not be happier with the service from spintel

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Ann G for the positive response

Verified Customer

Low cost and great support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I've been with Spintel for several years with broadband and phone services and always been looked after when I needed it. Now that I've moved my mobile to Spintel I continue to receive good service at a great price. Thanks for everything you do.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you MarkW for the positive review

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Hassle free connection and service from SpIntel. Would recommend SpIntel to people looking for a good cheap Internet provider. Good customer service.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Tim P for the positive response

• 3 helpful votes

Spin Tel - Excellent Customer Service & NBN Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Very happy with Spin Tel for our NBN connection. Moved from a more well known company when their service was shocking and to date (almost 2 years) we are very impressed with both their excellent customer service and our NBN internet connection.
Any time we have an issue we simply request a time for a call back online and although not necessarily exactly the time we requested reasonably close. So no sitting for ages on a phone waiting for someone to answer. Staff very friendly and helpful.
A good monthly rate that was as good as or less than other companies we looked at. The NBN was installed on time and the date we were told it would be unlike our previous company where a technician never showed and we had to chase them up and subsequently cancelled our contract. The service has been pretty reliable. A couple of small issues, once when we first connected and middle of this year, but both fixed pretty quickly. We did add an extra speed pack to help with connection speeds and occasionally a little slow but usually due to individual webpage congestion or peak times where everyone is on overall so not necessarily a Spin Tel problem. Would consider an extra speed pack to take us to the top tier but for our current needs the one we have serves us well and is more than enough for now.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Craftyliwi for the positive feedback.

Sydney

• 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Worst Support EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Apparently SpinTel Support is based on the Philippines island Cebu. Their support works on a call back system and can take 6-8 hours for them to call back, on one occasion it took several days. Do not buy the Modem Router from them. They alter the firmware such that it cannot be used by another ISP or RSP

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi there. What you're saying is incorrect. Callbacks are optional in My Account (so you dont have to call us), or if there is a wait (which is not often at the moment), you can elect a callback by ... read more »

Rubbish! You may sincerely believe your response but it is seperate from the facts OR you are calling me a liar? See what the rest of the world thinks of you support and your doctored router! Look ... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Same as any other provider

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Mobile broadband connection drops out every few (3) hours. Customer service lines take forever, although sales will answer within minutes lol. NBN was a huge stuff up and has been 14 months and still not installed even though they said it was ready. They then proceeded to cancel the NBN and I was not told.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi, If you can private message your account details, we would arrange a call back from support to have a look at the issue

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Worst crap ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

The service is poor. Their broadband is so slow, it takes so long to open apps and most times it doesn’t open at all, I then get saying, check your internet connection and try again. I've only had the service for a month, I’m getting charged for it and I can’t even use it. It really is a poor service, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone one Spintel you need to improve your service or close down your poor service and stop scamming and ripping off customers for a service that is really really crap service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Bella, obviously you have a fault if you can't open "apps". I suggest contacting support and if you feel you can't get anywhere, please respond back to us here in a private message with your accoun... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 question

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Worst internet service !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Gotta reboot my router every time I come home! Worst speeds! Paying top $ for basically crap. Never again! Calling them on Monday to say SORT IT OUT OR IM NOT PAYING A CENT ANYMORE! IM DONE

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Corey, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Already spoke to spinel the other day. The issue is I'm 2 far away from the exchange, you did however offer to sign me up to wireless internet for a once off fee of 179$ and more then what I'm paying now.

SpinTel Official

I'm 2km away from the exchange - should have nothing to do with rebooting your modem. Would like to review this please if you can send through your account details. Cheers CG

1 of 80 pages