Filter By:

Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Idiots

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Dont bother. Most frustrating 12 months of my life. Every bill there seemed to be a problem and they started charging me more than I signed up for. Ended up cancelling my service and gave my details to some lawyer agency to try get my money back.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

AVOID AVOID AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Complete waste of money and what is more the time! Not only we had no Internet for 2 months and been messed around with fake promises of technical support coming to fix but also we have been charged fully for the whole period!!
Manipulative customer service. We spend tens of hours on the phone trying to get them to provide what they should. Eventually we switched to other company and the problem was fixed within few days!
Save your time, money and nerves and simply AVOID!

Great service ADSL2+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I have had great service from Spintel, even now while they are rolling out NBN in our local area which seems to play havoc with the old service, Spintel has managed to tweak the line after the download speed dropped below 1Mbps so we are now back to normal. Hoping NBN will be available in November after a 1 year delay.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

No spin at Spintel - all genuine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Have been with Spintel since they took over Comcen. Now on NBN with them since it was available to me. Excellent service, great value and professional support staff. The connection to NBN was seamless. Have required technical support recently. Completely satisfied.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Ray for the positive feedback.

Helpful and responsive

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I signed up with spintel when IPrimus gave up helping me resolve my NBN connection problems. Spin Tel has been professional, responsive and tenacious in fixing my connection. The speed I get is usually around 45Mbps on a 50 plan, though I did upgrade to their NetComm - NF18ACV modem for its dual band connectivity and stability.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you It’s.beaver for the positive comments.

Spintel/NBN GOOD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have had NBN fhrough the Spintel provider since it was first available to me.Until recently never had a serious dropout problem or indeed any other.Two weeks ago my luck changed and I had to deal with dropouts and phone dropouts. Spintel were excellent and it turned out that NBN line was the problem. They too were excellent and the problem quickly attended to.
I do highly recommend them

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you C M B for the positive review.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Incompetent, rude, poor service and getting worse

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Poor connection speeds in Western Australia (6163), random dropout.

Customer service is based in the Philippines, long wait times for incompetent and rude staff, including the managers. They use to be great, but not more. In the last two months, I have experienced:
Significant NBN speed drops and outages
Overcharging and incorrect billing
Incorrect data limit on mobile service associated with NBN account.
Not following through with promised actions
Long delays in getting through to support
Calls not returned from support
Failure to follow up on promised actions
Dropping my calls

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi John H, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Do not use them! Absolutely terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Nothing but constant drop outs, paying for the 100 mb per second speed but cant get higher than 45mb/s. On my second modem with them in 14 months. Two TIO complaints launched. Do yourself a favour and stay far, far away from them. Absolutely atrocious.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Nick, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Good service to date

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

After years of frustration bordering on suicide of being with the great Australian Company, Telstra, where you can't speak to an Australian (yes I was told there were no Australians I could speak to), we moved to Spintel and haven't looked back. Sometimes, you can even speak with someone you can understand. Their set up of the new modem was clear even if not in quite clear English. We were delighted when we didn't have to wait over an hour to speak with someone and then the one person (not the usual 4-5) dealt with our concerns. What a surprising change from the virtual complete lack of service from our previous provider. I realize it is a lot cheaper to have call centres outside Australia, they pay the operators salaries which wouldn't be tolerated in Australia but isn't this just exploitation of both the operators and their customers who pay them for a service which they don't get.

Verified Customer

Stay away from Spintel mobile

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Worst customer service ever. Suppose to call me back 3 times relating to a MMS problem but never returned call.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Larry,could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

• 3 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Dont Bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

My business has had nothing but issues since moving to NBN with SPintel, the most worrying is the pathetic lack of customer service from themselves.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi mikb, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible Connection for the last 2 weeks (Thornbury Area)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I cant even play my games in low settings.
Used to be ok until recent 2 weeks.
I am considering to shift provider soon!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Bolex, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Worst service and customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

It was okay when I joined in, but gradually service started getting worse with frequent connection dropout and below average speed. And customer service just sucks. It's definitely located overseas and feels like you're actually talking to a bot with patterned response often ending conversation at deadend. I raised a ticket for an inquiry from their webpage and requested a callback but I never heard from them. They would acknowledge that that they did receive the message, but can't explain why failed to get in touch. And one day, their hotline, webpage everything was down, no way to reach them in any way...and my internet was not working either. I had really urgent stuffs to submit and had a really stressful day. I was on ADSL unlimited plan BTW.

I won't recommend their service to anyone. Avoid!! Avoid!!!

Balmain

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Worst Internet supplier to exist!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Without fail I'm constantly having issues with slow speeds not to mention now with accounts they are over charging me! Best of all today NO ONE is able to get on the net or call or log into their accounts to see what in the world is going on!? And Spintel haven't even mentioned or explained anything on Facebook to why everyone in ever state are having these issues! Bad communication spintel bad services.... Ashame on you!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Lella, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

Cringila

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

NBN home phone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Hopeless not good to deal with can not contact them trying for a while. They keep cutting me off.
They have a problem.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Sajute, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue and arrange a callback.

Geelong

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Shocking service, many dropouts with no explanation. Credit report for disputed bill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Connection dropped out at least once a month. Each time you have to spend ages on the phone for little result. Constantly fixing problems. In the end I asked them to give me a refund of the current month and left. They kept billing me and then put a reference on my credit report for the month disputed - to which they added another $ 100.
Shocking!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Pam,could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the dropout and billing issue. Thanks

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible customer service and never ever use it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I usually do not give a negative review but these guys are terrible.
Dont waste your time and money with this company, seriously, if you think i am just an angry customer giving bad feedback NO YOU ARE WRONG this is definately an ISP you should ignore. If you do not want to have free stress just ignore this company.

Worse customer service
Worst internet

They cancel their internet when they want for no reason and took more than 14 days to revive it again, how is that for you? ?

Someone should file a case against them, i have evidence if someone want to, i dont have time to do all those things.

I hope those guys at customer service be punished by god for such terrible job they do.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Worst connection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Terrible connection drops out up to 5 times a day I do not advise anyone to sign up with this company they are horrible

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Abu dabu, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

Stawell

• 2 helpful votes

Stay Away from Spintel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I cannot say this strongly enough - stay away from Spintel. I have a regional ADSL2+ service and night time download speeds are routinely under 1mbps which is completely unworkable. When I discuss this with Spintel, I continue to get told my setup isn't right and they call me during the day despite telling Spintel support that I am at work. They will not register a fault or fix the service despite many requests. Terrible - they don't care - stay away!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Rob C, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

• 1 answer

Poor Customer Service & Support

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

12m 50gig contract. 3 weeks to connect which was an ordeal. All going well until a fault occurred. No dial tone. Spintel have a service model where a customer has to agree to charges before a technician will address the fault. After listening to a recording quoting all the possible charges, the customer must agree before any issue resolved. I found this experience incredibly upsetting and it was like being held to random. I stayed with Spintel, and 8m later, another fault, so today, once again, another awful experience listening to the possible charges recording. I was told by the operator, I must agree to these possible charges in advance or get a private technician. So after that ordeal, I still have no working phone or internet, no time frame for the fix and I anxiously wait for whatever fees the company decides goes my way.
I have never been with a telco with support practices like this, today is it for me, I’m shopping for something better, because paying for a service should mean, you get a working service, not made to feel like you can be bullied into paying fees for something completely out of your control.
Deeply disappointed.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Shell, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

1 of 77 pages

Currently with Spintel ADSL and looking to go to NBN FTTN which became active a few months ago. The sign up nominates a modem to be supplied but I currently have a Draytek VDSL unit which also has configuration for DNS and routing for home server, automation etc. Can Spintel provide general settings for manual update by myself, and also save $49?

wasm asked on Jul 10, 2018

Hi...I have a new ADSL2+ Connection. For whatever reason I am not getting a speed of 1 Mbps upload when I am checking with a speed test. Is there any way you can help me fix the problem? Please connect back on [email address removed]. Many Thanks.

Kiran asked on Mar 19, 2018

Answer this

Spintel buy the cheapest and slowest data from wholesalers (eg; Telstra, Optus) - hence the cheap price of their packages. Please refer to correspondence I have had with Spintel regarding the pathetic ADSL2 speeds I am now receiving from Spintel - upload speeds are only averaging between 0.32 and 0.44Mbps making it almost impossible to send large email files. No mention is made in their T&C of their slow speeds other than the "acceptable" speeds outlined by Spintel in their distance from exchange section in their T&C.

Correspondence sent to Spintel offshore complaints;
Please refer to the document I have attached outlining SPEEDTEST results for my internet service, these results cover both the last two months that I was with Telstra prior to switching to Spintel, and the one month I have been using Spintel.
I strongly urge you to read these results carefully as they show a definite slowing of my service speeds since joining Spintel - if my internet service is not returned to the speed I was receiving from Telstra (average speed of 4.36Mbps) I will be forwarding these results to and lodging a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman here in Australia, and I will most certainly be considering my options regarding my Internet Service Provider.

I formally request that this email and the accompanying Speedtest report be forwarded to Spintel’s Compliance Manager for their perusal.

When I signed up to Spintel I asked the sales representative if my speeds would change from those I was receiving from Telstra and I was assured that they would not differ (refer to the recorded conversation) - my speed with Telstra was averaging 4.36Mbps - my speed with Spintel is now averaging 1.69Mbps - do not tell me that suddenly this is now due to my distance from the exchange.

I'm on Spintel and came back from short holiday. During the holiday, the wifi password was reverted to original password and my entire home automation got screwed-up because of that. I believe the only reason is due to some update initiated at Spintel end without notifying me. What actually the problem?

ram asked on Mar 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Ram, there is nothing we did that would have changed your WIFI password. Did you do a factory reset on the modem by any chance at any time? Can you shoot me through a private message and i'll dig into it a bit deeper?

The same thing happened to me, and then they charged me for 2 fees for services and said it had nothing to do with passwords. When we listened to there recording you clearly heard my private technician tell Spintel what the issue was but Spintel still charged me $300. Then when I called to cancel my account, they wanted to wave the charges. Total scam of a company! On the phone, the technician keeps telling us to change the password? Like she was guessing or something.

Spintel you need to invetigate this, people stay with you for reliable connection, please be reminded the NBN connection is backbone to house security & alarm system for many of the customer. Why would or how how i factory reset when nobody at home?
Dig as deeper as you could!