Filter By:
Your filtered result has an average rating of 2.3 stars from 780 reviews.

Brisbane

Dreadful Service, cheap prices

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Spintel's customer service is horrible. The customer service representatives are hired in foreign countries (Phillipines) and simply don't understand what they're doing. I had an issue with a phone line fault and conducted isolation tests, used a new home phone to see if that was the issue, etc etc. The phone line was still dead. Spintel said according to their tests it was an inside issue beyond the boundary point. I called Telstra and asked for their interpretation of the phone line results which I received from spintel. They stated it is likely an outside issue. Called Spintel and they made a story up about how "we use tools designed by optus to test the phone lines, so Telstra might come to a different conclusion than us". Talked to an optus supervisor on live chat and they stated they refer any phone test they conduct to Telstra for analysis! LOL! Spintel caught in a web of lies. Amusingly, Spintel wanted to charge $150 if a technician checked the line and it was indeed an inside issue. Telstra would send the technician out for free...So far the problem hasn't been resolved due to this awful policy.

The reason I scored two stars is because Spintel offers pretty affordable plans and their internet speeds are usually fine which is the main attraction.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Josh, Could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at this issue.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 question

Worst internet service !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Gotta reboot my router every time I come home! Worst speeds! Paying top $ for basically crap. Never again! Calling them on Monday to say SORT IT OUT OR IM NOT PAYING A CENT ANYMORE! IM DONE

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Corey, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Already spoke to spinel the other day. The issue is I'm 2 far away from the exchange, you did however offer to sign me up to wireless internet for a once off fee of 179$ and more then what I'm paying now.

SpinTel Official

I'm 2km away from the exchange - should have nothing to do with rebooting your modem. Would like to review this please if you can send through your account details. Cheers CG

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great service and wonderful support..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Great service and wonderful support, very clear in speaking and they have a lots & lots of patients (helped me set up the gateway) with me, I am 66yld and been using computers 40 yrs, but these days things are getting harder with computers. I highly recommened SPINTEL our conection is good and we havnt had any dropouts...Regards Ellie xo

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Ellie52 for the positive response

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Incompetent, completely wasted our time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

After joining the adsl plan we need to first connect the phone line. Spintel canceled the technician appointment saying there's a delay, but after days of phone calls and promised updates, still no closer to connecting our phone line, let alone internet. Completely incompetent and wasted our time. Do not use SPINTEL!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Mich, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Reliable service and experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Have been with Spintel for over 3 years with ADSL2, never had an issue and no drop outs. Now transferring our 2 mobile phone plans to Spintel who have very competitive pricing.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Rob for the positive review.

Rubbish, I would give 0 star if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

I have contacted them multiple times but they still haven't solved the problem. What they do is continuing charging me arbitrary fees! Spintel is so mean and tricky.

And BE CAUTIOUS! They showed the voicemail and caller id were free on their website when I applied for ADSL2. In fact, they charged me for those services on the bills.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi wei, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Incorrect billing and incompetent customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Unable to resolve incorrect billing, could not stop a direct debit for the incorrect charges upon request. Customer service representatives lack knowledge to carry out admin correctly or to correct any mistakes. Complaints process doesn't work - no acknowledgement emails received when I have contacted via email despite being advised I will receive acknowledgement emails. Representatives only ever want to 'discuss' issues via phone, never in writing - prefer to take up the customer's time.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Amy, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Good so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I have signed up to Spintel recently after poor service with MyNetFone. So far so good although can't really judge yet as nothing has gone wrong.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Phil for the positive review.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Worst service I have ever experienced, from technical to customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Your customer service team is archaic and speak off of scripts that make it impossible and extremely aggravating to have a normal conversation. They were unable to work with us in a way that suited our needs and could only work off of your cookie cutter processes. She was extremely rude from the beginning of the situation and I wasted not only an entire day waiting for your technician to show up, but now have wasted several hours on the phone with your customer service and the internet is still not working. I can't cancel, yet for the past month ave paid you hundreds of dollars for a non existent service. You 'fixed' the problem and didn't even check with us to see if it was fixed, then took us off the fault list. When its still not fixed and we can reschedule a technician until someone is home to re-check the fault on the phone, when it's the same fault. We are getting .84 MBPS of internet when we are supposed to be getting 20.

It's extremely extremely extremely annoying and you have been horrible at serving us. I have never been so disappointed in a service in my life.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Bryn, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Long term reasonable reception with good staff.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Dropouts but ok. Could have advised of new cheaper plan. Standard for today. Staff tried hard to please and rectify. Very polite. No prior advice of technician attendance. Technician very helpful.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Whitey for the positive feedback

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Never experienced such bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

The connection is not great and when attempting to contact customer service I am given different information each time. I have had numerous issues with customer service, one being their attitude and trying to upsell, along with having to repeat yourself each time because when they say they have left notes on your account etc they actually haven't. they do not value their customers and I would never recommend spintel to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

connection drops out weekly, if not DAILY. customer service is not helpful would rather charge you to send out a technician. I have to constantly restart my modem which takes time and then it happens again shortly after.

this is one company that should record their calls for training and quality purposes because they definitely need improvement!

Spintel also processed an order without my consent, moved me to a 12month contract and are trying to charge me $59.00. was told this would be credited and then when I followed up with them they denied the conversation and told me they would need to investigate who told me that yet couldn't tell me why they had decided to process an order with out my authority. was told I would be contacted in 24-48hrs with an update...4 days later I had to contact them again and REPEAT my whole story and none of this was documented on my account like I was told and 1 week later I am no closer to resolving this then when I received the email my order(which I did not ask for) was approved.

honesty this is one of the worst companies I have dealt with!

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi ttee, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

Great service provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I have been with Spintel for many years and just recently changed service providers. Over the years their service has been great with good support for any issue I had.
My newer provider (came from a recommendation) has been the worst I have experienced in many years and compared to Spintel, well, in hindsight I should have stayed with them.
All network and tech issues I encountered Spintel resolved, with their support personnel being friendly, professional, and very patient. I had even had call backs when queued up as promised and "booked" call backs at the time promised.
I would certainly recommend them as a provider and will probably go back to them when my contract expires.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you DerryD for the positive feedback

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

They fixed my problem super quick very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Changed my number to private as I was getting nuisance calls and could not get internet for a while but they fixed the problem quickly

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Juck for for the positive response

adelaide

Efficient Communication, Great Prices, Good Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Whenever I have had an issue my problem has always been promptly acknowledged and solved, even when it was my fault in the end. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and for the price you are getting an absolute bargain! Am very happy to continue using their services.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you js1 for the positive response

Consistent high quality support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

My connection with Spintel is very reliable. Even when it's not their direct problem, they are always patient and happy to help. I have been with them for over 10 years and highly rate their customer service. They call back when they say they will and respond quickly.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you Stevie B for the positive feedback.

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Poor ADSL2 service, both from SpinTel and Telstra

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

As we had moved, I took this opportunity to move from Exetel to SpnTel based purely on price. NBN is coming to our area soon, so I wanted something that didn't lock me into a contract. All good so far on these points.

However the phone and internet service we have received has an issue almost everyday with slow speeds, noisy phone line, calls dropping out etc. I've organised numerous service calls, and wires have been replaced and systems upgraded. However as SpinTel admitted themselves, due to the distance from the exchange we are never going to get a good internet speed. This is not SpinTel's fault, but they are failing under the contract conditions to provide a reliable service. If they cannot provide this, they shouldn't sell it. I've stayed with them but only because I doubt anyone else can provide anything better and there is no point in moving to wireless with the NBN hopefully coming...

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Doris, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible & Atrocitious Customer Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Took them almost a month to activate my internet and that too more than 3 weeks after phone line activation. Keep blaming Telstra for everything. First Bill has extra charges for 3 weeks times between phone line activation and internet activation and they charged me for it. Second bill had $40 more labour charges apart from $299 charge for new phone line (when asked they said the technician charged them and refused to take it off). Customer service rep threatened with more charges if I don’t pay $40 lol. Had to finally reported to TIO when they sheepishly took off the $40 charge but not before being extra rude and blaming me for everything when they couldn’t blame Telstra anymore. Connection itself is ok and couldn’t fault but all the bill shocks and having dealt with rude, inconsiderate CC thinking of customers as idiots tells a lot about the company as a whole. Would change provider at first opportunity.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Ajay,could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the billing issue. Thanks

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Absolute pile of rubbish internet and service! The worst! WORST! Go to TPG.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I've never complained about an internet service provided before, ever.

My internet dropped out after about 1 minute continuously over an entire month. It was not usable. Then it eventually stopped working altogether. This was acknowledged by the technical issue staff. Had to use mobile data to do the basic life stuff.

I was told the entire time that I would be credited once the fault was closed, which was fine. However, when this was done they offered me a scabby $15 as my usage was high? Huh?! I couldn't use it for longer than 2 minutes tops without it dropping out!

When a technician came out I was told someone had to be home. So my dad drove 3 hrs to be at my home and the technician didn't even come to the house. He went to the street only and left not indicating to anyone he had come. My dad sat there all day for nothing. Spintel believes that I "owe" this to them out of my duty to cooperate. What?! They cooperation works both ways! WORST provider wow! WOW just so BAD!

I complained and stated, the failed internet, among many other things, was interrupting my online business (I recently started a blog) and Spintel disconnected me for breaching the terms in having a business. What the hell?!

Oh and if you ever have a problem with your internet they make sure to tell you the phone line is NEVER their problem but they charge you for it? But will never refund you if you cant use the internet because, if there is a fault it's your problem not spintel's. This makes no sense.

Their behaviour is bullying and comments that they are sorry their decision isn't going my way is antagonising. No! it isn't going the way they told me it would go throughout the duration of my fault complaint! Do yourself a favour and go with anyone else. ANY other provider!

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Private, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

AVOID AVOID AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Complete waste of money and what is more the time! Not only we had no Internet for 2 months and been messed around with fake promises of technical support coming to fix but also we have been charged fully for the whole period!!
Manipulative customer service. We spend tens of hours on the phone trying to get them to provide what they should. Eventually we switched to other company and the problem was fixed within few days!
Save your time, money and nerves and simply AVOID!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SpinTel Official

Hi Ann, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

Great service ADSL2+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I have had great service from Spintel, even now while they are rolling out NBN in our local area which seems to play havoc with the old service, Spintel has managed to tweak the line after the download speed dropped below 1Mbps so we are now back to normal. Hoping NBN will be available in November after a 1 year delay.

Comments
SpinTel Official

Thank you David V for the positive feedback.

1 of 39 pages