Generations:
Filter By:

Lovely banks. 3213

Private message

Generation: 2013-2018 Badge: SPR Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2018

A Real Surprise Purchase.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

When I decided to buy a new car it took me about 6 months searching on the internet to find the best choice, I was 73 at the time and wanted a roomy car as we have many grand and great grand kids. So I punched in 7 seats, diesel automatic, cost, economy etc. Internet came up with about a dozen models of which to my annoyance Ssangyong came up all the time. And that was mainly because it was pretty cheap at about $30.000. Finally I decided to have a look at the car and take it out for a test drive. For it's size it was amazingly easy to drive and handle. I settled for the Stavic 2 lt. Diesel. It was Feb. 2014. At the time we drove regularly from Geelong to Porepunkah holiday cabin. The big car did 7.1 lt to the 100 km and that was loaded with gear. Even with loaded trailer it pulled well, we still got about 8 lt to the 100 km and that was really a pleasant surprise. My experience was that it performed and handled very well with very little noise in the cabin. The car is big with plenty room for 7 people in it and baggage. Versatile in seating as well. I didn't like the instrument cluster position in the centre of the dashboard, but got used to it in the end. I also think that for such a big car a reversing camera would have been appropriate and GPS. However, I did these as an after sale project and it wasn't too difficult to do. There was plenty legroom for all in front and two back seats, but a bit limited in the back row for 3 adults that is. These were good for 3 grown up kids. Car is a bit high for people of my age to get in, but that is because of dodgy knees. The tow bar came with the car as an incentive and that was great. We had the car for almost 3 years to the date when I had an accident, which did damage to the front left hand pillar and passenger door, but nothing serious and the car was still driveable and all still worked. I drove the car for another two weeks after the accident. To my astonishment the car was a write off by my insurance company, purely because of spare part problems and the insurance gives life time guarantee on repairs. Spare parts would have taken months to be ordered from Korea and of course so would the repairs. I was a bit upset about this as I became very attached to the car and at my age that would have been my last new car. The car had only done 34.000 km at the time. However, I went back on the internet looking for no other car but Ssangyang Stavic Diesel and found one with 38.000 km on the clock. It was a 2016 updated model with still the balance of the factory guarantee on it. This one had the leather seats, the upgraded dashboard with separate odometer in front of the driver with too many calculations I care for economy. Apart from that the car is the same, but new about $8000 more, that is a significant increase in updated model. But still no reversing camera or factory GPS. After the accident and having a good look at the impact location, I realised how strong the body is of the Stavic and the extra protection of the intrusion bars in the doors. At the time of accident I had my 8 year old grandson in the back of the car and no one was hurt including the other driver of the car. There was no damage or whatsoever on the chassis, but just panel damage to door and front pillar. The engine (Mercedes design) is very smooth and strong for pulling and very economical for a car this size. Parking is a problem because of it's size and length and the size of the doors have to be taken in consideration as well when parking as they are big doors. With all the seats collapsed, you have an enormous space for whatever you wish to transport, but watch the weight as it will be resting on the back of the collapsed seats. I am mainly doing short drives these days and average 8 ltr's diesel to the 100 km, of course I have the car serviced as per maintenance schedule. Air conditioning and heating facilities are pretty good with individual outlets for the back passengers with also plenty of cup holders, one power point in back seat and one in luggage compartment. If you ever have to use the spare wheel, is a bit of a hassle to drop it and get it out particularly for older people. Location of the electric drivers seat are also easy to use. The back light in luggage compartment does NOT come on when you open it, it is a manual function, the rest is automatic. High beam adjustment is great. Fog lights I can do well without, but good for parking in the dark though. Brakes are very good and they do shudder when you have to break heavy, but that is normal with ABS system. I am not saying this is the best car for value, but I certainly get my value out of it, it is smooth to drive. My wife has used it too, doesn't like the size of it understandably, as she has a Mitsubishi Colt. All in all I am NOT DISAPPOINTED with the Ssangyong Stavic and consider it real value for money.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: May 2018

Looking for a used car - less than 150,000km, Seven Seater under $15,000.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

With 3 children turning into young adults and with my wife driving around 900 kms a week for work the old 2003 Magna Wagon as not going to last much longer. We had a budget of $15,000 for a used seven seater car/van. This money would get us into 10 year old Mazda CX9, Mitsuibishi Outlander, Honda Odyssey etc and a 2011 Kia Grand Carnival. All the cars we looked at had at least 120000 km on them and other than the KIA where 5 seats plus 2. Presently surprised when walking back to the car at the end of marathon sessions of talking to a variety of dealers at Car City, we stumbled across a 2013 Black Stavic that fitted our criteria 7 seats, turbo diesel, great boot space, tow bar, nice ride height with around 73,000kms for a drive away price of $14k. Picked it up and the wife has put on 3,000km in the past 2 weeks. Fuel economy is around 7 litres to the 100 and had to spend a little bit of money to get the rear camera to work as well as an plug and play wiring harness to get the media steering controls to work with the after market Sony Blue Tooth stereo.

Overall a great solution as the Stavic provides a roomy 7 seater, heating and air conditioning great, drives well and the most important thing is that the wife is happy. We got a good price on the car and around $200 dollars got the steering controls and the rear camera to work. You will need a rear camera as the car is 5.2m long which makes it fun reversing. I don't have the issue of discrepancy of speed mentioned in the previous review and need to take back under warranty as the indicator for the airbags came on. (will be fixed under warranty). Recommend that if you have a growing family this car does fit the bill and half the price of comparable cars from Toyota, Mazda and the like.

Price to get things working not covered by Used Car Warranty.
Rear Camera around $100. Blue Tooth Touch Screen Stereo for camera display and handsfree phone. Example sony xav-68bt around $300 second hand. Aerpro Harness have phone and steering controls work with after market unit around $140. Labour around $150 to install.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

6 weeks later and 8000ks. No issiues, kids love it. They sit in the bsck seat and use the folded down captains chairs as a foot rest. First service was the 75k was $382 for air filter engine, tr... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2016

A very nice, dutiful and economical car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

We purchased a Ssangyong Stavic in Dec 2016. We were looking for a 7 seater and were not decided on any particular brand. So, we shopped all around Sydney for 7 seaters. I browsed the internet and saw Ssangyong Stavic for the first time and found it pretty decent in pictures so we went to a dealer near us who told us that they don't stock Ssangyong anymore. We couldn't find any dealers nearby. So we started looking for other cars. We had a look at Honda Odyssey, Kia Carnival, Hyundai Santa Fe, Holden Captiva (I don't know if I have missed any). All of them were way too expensive and some were not roomy enough (Odyssey for example). By chance, I happened to find a Saangyong dealer in Parramatta and we went to have a look. We were quite impressed when we first entered the car. One of the USPs from my perspective was that the 2-2-3 seat arrangement which meant there was no need to collapse seats for the back seat entry. We also found the car very spacious and contained all the things we wanted from the car (nothing fancy but everything we needed). On top of that, the car was available for $28k which was by far the cheapest car around with all the specs we wished for. So, we bought the car and we are very pleased that we did. It runs beautifully and is quite quiet :) for a diesel car. The air-conditioning of the car is absolutely wonderful. It reaches all the seats with the top vents in place.
A friend of mine recently took it for a couple of weeks and did around 3k with seven adults and a boot full of stuff in the car. He has given me great feedback about the car. He has said that he got excellent mileage out of the car despite the full load. He told me that he never found the car wanting despite the full load.
The only slight niggle I have (which a few have pointed out already) is the speedo showing on an average 10% more speed than actual. When I first drove it on a freeway, almost all the cars overtook me despite the double demerit points and police around while I was myself driving at 110 km/h. So, I checked on an app and I found this out. Saangyong told me the following ("As per Australian Design Rule (ADR) 18 specified the accuracy of +/- 10% of the vehicles true speed when travelling over 40km/h. The speedometer must not indicate a speed less than the vehicle’s true speed or a speed greater than the vehicle’s true speed by an amount more than 10% plus 4 km/h.
· As your vehicle complies to the standards set by the ADR this cannot be altered.
We do not recommend you use alternative devices other than your speedometer as a guide to indicate the speed at which you are travelling.").
The manual boot light (which also others have already pointed out) is a bit of an issue.
But when it comes to car performance, I could not be more happier. I hope the dream run continues......

Private message

Generation: 2013-2018 Badge: SPR Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Good Car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Have owned my stavic since new(2013), best value for my money. I love this car. Good space and my big family travels in comfort ( not squished) whilst there is respectable boot space. Very good car to run.

Ssangyong should keep improving the interior (plastics) ,incl the sound system (more powerful speakers)

• 4 answers

Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Awesome car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

Great car for the price. Minus a little trouble from the diff, needing a replacement under warranty, it's smooth to drive. A little slow on the uptake compared to the Triton, but hey fill it with kids and there's no rush. A maroon interior would be nice, but the grey is sufficient. I am having issues with the airbag light, due to get fixed for the third time under warranty, however. Heaps of boot space. Bluetooth works great. Maybe one day they will bring in the 9 seated version. 4wd too??.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 32 answers

Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Exceeded my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2016

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing my Stavic last month. I was in the market to buy a good value diesel 7 seaters and considered a number of diesel options including Holden Captiva, Isuzu MU-X, Hyundai iMax, Kia Carnival and Mitsubishi Outlander. After considering equipment levels, performance and pricing, eventually Narrowed down the choice to the Stavic, Isuzu & Captiva. Test driven the cars and though I was initially skeptical of the Korean brand, the Stavic pleasantly surprised me with a nice drive feel. The engine is quite punchy and VERY quiet for a diesel, I have friend who thought the Stavic had a petrol engine (from inside the car). Considering the overall value, the Stavic test-drive convinced me that's the right car for my family (second choice was Isuzu then Captiva).

As I have not owned the car for long, I can't comment on the long term reliability nor the servicing costs, etc. But I can't find too many people on the net complaining on their Ssangyongs or Isuzus (unlike the Captivas).However, throwing an objective point of views, Holden would have sold a lot more Captivas compared to Isuzu and Ssangyong's, so this may be a contributing factor to the number of ownership complaints.

For all it's worth, so far the car is really pleasant and comfortable to drive. The auto gear changes smoothly, steering and built quality feels OK, no rattles so far and less plasticky than many other Japanese/Korean offerings. Just about a few negatives I can think of was the unavailability of the trip computer and reverse camera, even as an option.(on the standard model). The internal"room" lights must be manually switched off (other than the front "door" lights) and do not go off automatically when the car doors are closed (which could drain the battery). The seats are a bit too soft for my liking but this is an individual preference.

However, these minor issues should not stop anyone from buying the Stavic, as it is still a great value proposition given the sub-$30k pricing (I was not even charged extra for metallic colour) and the equipment levels included in the overall package.

If you are considering a Stavic, I recommend you test-drive it. I am sure you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was when I test-driven one.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Now at 13 mths ownership, the Stavic is still running strong, no issues, first service (at 12mths) done and the price at Dealership servicing was reasonable too at just over $400 mark for the annua... read more »

Verified Purchase Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Nice car but the warranty sucks!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2016

I like the Stavic, the service costs are very high, and the warranty is terrible. The minivan has a decent engine, lots of room, but feels very cheap. Two plastic parts inside the centre console broke during normal use. ParramattaAutoCentre refused to fix under their warranty or ACL. $345 Unhappy!

Adelaide

Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Feb 2014

I loved this car ...... Until

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2016

I've always liked this car, so when looking for a people mover it was my first choice.
I purchased a new 2013 model Stavic In South Australia.
Pro's : Great fuel consumption 850km per tank on average , the back seats are removable, seven adults plus luggage fit easily, the middle walk thru isle is great as there's no need to fold seats to access back row, the cars interior is huge, it has four 12 volt chargers, all seven belts are lap sash seatbelts, the steering wheel features a radio control which could even change songs played via Bluetooth, and also changed radio channels and mode it also features cruise control on the other side which enables you to not only set the speed but accelerate or slow down via the controls .

Cons : There's no lockable storage space except the boot, the passenger doors are very large making it hard to park and allow adequate room to exit, after less than two years the chrome peeled off the front interior door handles, the hand holds broke after minimal use, the sun visor keeps dropping down, and the black exterior paint scratches easily. All except the paint were covered under the warranty , replacements were ordered but didn't arrive in the 15 weeks we waited for them.
Unfortunately my car was damaged in a accident and in ten weeks we never even received the price for replacement parts, let alone the parts
After 12 weeks with still no pricing my insurance company labelled it a financial writeoff .

Over all , the Stavic drove well and was a great family car, unfortunately parts aren't readily available and we've since replaced it with a different make of people mover.

Private message

Generation: 2013-2018 Badge: SPR Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Excellent car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

The car is excellent and runs well. It is also quite economical on fuel - does Canberra to Melbourne (650km) with three-quarter tank. And for sub 30K price, you can't go wrong.
Got to be careful with dealers though. The one in Canberra quoted more than twice the normal price to replace brake pad and rotor during service at odometer reading of 55000. Protested and called Ssangyong directly and was told to seek a second opinion. I ended up paying less than half the dealer's price.

Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Early days but good so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

Quiet and comfortable on highway for 7-8 lts/100 kms. Surprisingly powerful. So far reliable (purchased with 33k, now 47k). As per other posts, has great interior room and tows well. Some cheap items such as rear wiper switch on dash rather than stalk, and aircon/ventilation system is confusing, but overall fantastic value for money. Bigger test will be reliability over long term. Also the local dealer is awful so have had to service elsewhere. But i agree with others, with better marketing, these would sell in far greater numbers. Best thing is to test drive and see for yourself. You too will be pleasantly surprised as it will exceed your expectations given its price.

Perth

Towing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I have just had a requirement to tow a 6 x 4 trailer loaded with chipboard completely filling the trailer. The Stavic never even noticed the load.This vehicle continues to impress. I have just past 6000 kms. Still early days but I definitely recommend this 7 seat vehicle fuel economy has been 12 Kls. per lt. in a city 100/200 country drive.

• 14 helpful votes

Affordable practicality!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

I did much research prior to buying the Stavic.
Coming out of a Mitsubishi Delica, we needed at least as much space. Safety features were of high priority as the Delica had none.
Looked at vehicles by Kia, Honda, Mitsubishi, Benz, LDV, Hyundai and more.
Eventually narrowed the choice to the Stavic and the Kia Carnival. While in some ways i think the Kia is probably a better overall package, the price difference of more than twenty thousand dollars brought things into perspective.
We've had our Stavic for some time now and struggle to fault it.... engine is quiet and powerful and returns about 9.5l/100klm. Interior is extremely spacious and comfortable.
Heating, cooling, audio etc more than satisfactory. Ride is cushiony and smooth.
Suspension feel and light steering took some getting used to but love it now.
Best value people mover in Australia and if it displayed a better known badge it would be a big seller but no doubt carry a higher price tag.
Only complaints are: cup holders in front are pretty ordinary and the storage tray beneath the pull-out cup holders can't be accessed when the cup holders are in use. They are also unable to accommodate larger drinks/coffee cups etc.
The lack of a reversing camera was disappointing but not such an issue as to not buy the car.... an aftermarket option will suffice.
Also, the lack of SsangYong service departments in my area is an issue to some degree.
Just hope I don't need any warranty work done as my nearest service agent is two hours away.
Nevertheless, I am extremely satisfied with the vehicle and have recommended the SsangYong Stavic to others.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Toowoomba

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2016

Uncharacteriscally quiet for a diesel. Merc-sourced transmission is smooth.
Fuel consumption around 7L/100km-ish on the highway and about 9 mixed highway/urban.
Massive boot space. With the third row of seats removed, double that space.
Folding mirrors and reversing sensors handy in tight parking spaces.
Climate control works well, front and rear. Bluetooth handsfree just works.
Seats a bit firm but comfortable. When you realize what your getting for how comparatively little you're paying, you won't mind the relatively basic interiors.

Used in picky Singapore as a large cab. That's a vote of confidence.

Unfortunately, Ssangyong isn't a well-known brand in this part of the world. Had it been from a better known company heaps will be sold.

• 5 answers

Ssangyong Stavic

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2016

Performance great for 2.0L engine.
Handling comfortable on long trips, minimal engine noise.
Interior practical, can remove rear bench seat for more space.
Climate control air con works well for heating and cooling.
Plenty of legroom but wife finds the leather seats too firm.
Reliability excellent, servicing expensive, fuel 9.0-9.5l/100kms.

Perth

Underrated vehicle

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2016

A brilliant people mover, l purchased a 2016 Stavic and cannot fualt it admittedly I have only travelled 3000 kilometres . It's quiet for a diesel with plenty of power. I only wish that it had a reversing camera built in. Seating 7 adults with real leg room and a boot, it still keeps surprising me a real pleasure to drive.

Campbelltown, New South Wales, Australia

• 7 answers

Ssangyong Stavic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

Used for touring in my photography business. Used on tour in National Parks on dirt, on long runs through the mountains and along the coast. Great vehicle, hasn't missed a beat. 30 thousand on the clock. So impressed my wife is looking at a Korando. Lots of space, large cargo area, removable back seat. Fuel around 9 L/100km. Easy access for all. Comfortable on 1000 km tours.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Great Value For Your Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

My car have done 71k on the clock in just over 2 years.....Running as new.Its very smooth and quite..we love our car..we even have a lexus rx450h but still we use our ssangyong for all the longer trips because it has so much room and kids love it.. In my personal opinion its an excellent family car for the price and surely its an under rated car.. so if you really after a good family car then go for it you will be pleased with your decision.. Because this car offers a lot more than what we pay it..We love our car.

Generation: 2005-2013 Badge: Sports Transmission: Manual

About to take ownership of #2

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

We bought a 2006 model in 2013, low kms, and it was a very tidy car, unfortunately Stavros was T-Boned, by what we suspect to be a speeding (cant be proven) driver, he ploughed his pulsar into the driver door. The door though caved in on the outside, had the safety bar in the door that was still straight and solid, the door still opened and closed, it protected my wife perfectly... unfortunately the hit was so big though that the motor sheared off its mounts and the car was written off, so after a few months of waiting, next week we pick up our new Stavic! these things can take a BIG hit and keep you safe! (p.s. there was nothing left of the pulsar)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 questions
  • 7 answers

Generation: 2013-2018 Badge: SPR Transmission: Automatic

Amazing vehicle best value for your money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2015

We were looking at 7 seater for our growing family. We look at the Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tarago and the Kia Carnival but they all cost over 45K. I then ask owner of Ssangyong Stavic on Product Review website. Went down to the Ssangyong dealership took the vehicle for a test drive I was happy and amazed with its performance. I then deposit and got a brand new Ssangyong Stavic SPR range which is the luxury for 35k including extra like Sat Navigation, Reverse Camera, Side Step, Slim Whethershield. I'm so glad that I bought this vehicle, I manage to get 700km plus on the normal day drive and over 1000km on long distance. We took it to Mt Buller for family road trip and I can tell you this vehicle got potential it was so smooth on long distance drive. My family love it and now my friend also want one as well. If you ever need a 7 seaters with roomy space you should checkout this vehicle.

Purchased at: Melbourne All Cars

Generation: 2013-2018 Badge: SPR Transmission: Automatic

Could you imagine how many of these you could sell if it had a different badge.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2015

These are a great value for money vehicle. Very roomy, great economy for a vehicle this size, very comfortable. Our kids (x5) are now getting older (hey 2 are now adults), and we needed a new car after our 1995 Tarago finally wore out. Looked around at all of the 7/8 seater vans around, and only stumbled onto the Stavic by accident. We didn't even know they existed. Ended up with the vehicle that meets our needs for nearly 1/2 the price. If this thing had a badge from a better known company in Australia, they would not be able to keep up with demand.
I would recommend to anyone to go and have a look, if your anything like us you will drive it away.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 3 pages

2013-Present

2016 Ssangyong Stavic, the car automatically locked when the driver got out of the vehicle and closed the door whilst the engine was at idel, the drivers side seatbelt was latched. This is the second time this has happened to the same driver, is there a fault somewhere in the car or is it driver error?

Steve asked on Sep 15, 2018

Answer this

I believe the driver is at error, by latching the seat belt and leaving the car running. Doors of the car automatically lock when the doors are closed and when you drive the car. If you drive the car at approx. 45/50 km the in house computer (Safety) lock the doors. These will automatically unlock in case of accident or by stopping the car engine. One can over ride the lock and open the door by using the lock on the door handle. This will open all the doors it is a pretty good safety system, but I have never tried out the error as mentioned on my car. I can imagine that if the idle speed is high above mentioned can happen. Hope this will help, one should NEVER latch the seatbelt, leave the engine running and close the door at the best of times. But I know it is done and car thieves take advantage of that et service stations. Always take the keys out. Good luck.

2013-Present

Air bag light keeps coming on in my 2013 stavic, about 6months after we bought a 2013 model new here in SA the air bag light came on, took it back under warranty and was told it was fixed, light was off so all good. 3 months later it came back on took it back told all fixed again? this happened 5-6 time until the warranty was almost out and I got a bit pushy to have it fixed correctly. They then told me it was a high resistance joint in the cable under the seat caused by us putting something under there and to fix it would require a complete new wiring loom at our cost. At the time they could give me a cost because one hadn't been done before. I have had it look at by other repairers and they tell me when they check the fault code in the air bag system it just doesn't have one, which they tell me is a issue with the airbag computer. What rights do I have now the car is out of warranty as the fault was recorded multiple times while in warranty.

Scott 2013Stavic asked on Jul 31, 2018

2013-Present

We are looking at buying a 2013 Stavic with 2014 compliance plates. It is an ex rental. I've had it inspected and the gear select lockout is not working but the owner is going to replace it, it's actually already been ordered. My concern though, especially as it's a private sale and therefore has no warranty, is it likely to be the beginning of a string of things that need to be repaired or just a one off thing? I really need to make a decision today. It's all consuming and I've still got other things I need to concentrate on lol. Thanks

kaishra asked on Jun 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi kaisha. We bought a 2013 stavic 2.0 turbo diesel for 14k thst had traveled 73k with a 5000km warranty. Have put 7000kn on it 4 weeks no issue but i would ask for a racv green light inspection before you buy as thus insure tat it is road worthy and should dpot any problems also checck if it has been serviced every 15k as being diesel could have issues if not. Price is dependent on kms.

On the gear select give freeway ford a call in victoria as they seem to be straight shooters and up front on issues and can probably advise you.

Thanks Paul, I've had a prepurchase inspection done and it'll have a roadworthy done before I at for it. It has been serviced regularly, the car rental place it's coming from has its own mechanics. It's done 82324kms.

I'll give freeway a call tomorrow.
Lauren

Well the guy I was going to get the car from and I couldn't agree on a price, basically what he wanted was what I wanted to pay plus the cost of the part that needed to be replaced and then a bit so instead I've found a different one, still Stavic but its the SPR model, already has a tow bar and it's not white (thank goodness) and even though it's coming from interstate it's only gonna cost me about $200 extra than what the original one would have (cause I won't need to install a tow bar). Hopefully the dealer will call tomorrow and we can get it here asap.

Other than leather seats what's the difference between the base model and the SPR?

See all 64 questions about SsangYong Stavic

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details