Review rating:
Selected rating: Bad
Generations:
Filter By:

Verified Purchase Generation: 2013-2018 No Badge Transmission: Automatic Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Nice car but the warranty sucks!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2016

I like the Stavic, the service costs are very high, and the warranty is terrible. The minivan has a decent engine, lots of room, but feels very cheap. Two plastic parts inside the centre console broke during normal use. ParramattaAutoCentre refused to fix under their warranty or ACL. $345 Unhappy!

Warialda

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Generation: 2013-2018

2014 stavic slow to go

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Our stavic speedo is out 100kms on gps is 92kms, and 100kms on gps is 110kms on speedo, was told that it can be fixed but not under warranty at my cost, is a fault from factory. had ours 4 weeks and just about to go in and have first check

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

2013-Present

2016 Ssangyong Stavic, the car automatically locked when the driver got out of the vehicle and closed the door whilst the engine was at idel, the drivers side seatbelt was latched. This is the second time this has happened to the same driver, is there a fault somewhere in the car or is it driver error?

Steve asked on Sep 15, 2018

2013-Present

Air bag light keeps coming on in my 2013 stavic, about 6months after we bought a 2013 model new here in SA the air bag light came on, took it back under warranty and was told it was fixed, light was off so all good. 3 months later it came back on took it back told all fixed again? this happened 5-6 time until the warranty was almost out and I got a bit pushy to have it fixed correctly. They then told me it was a high resistance joint in the cable under the seat caused by us putting something under there and to fix it would require a complete new wiring loom at our cost. At the time they could give me a cost because one hadn't been done before. I have had it look at by other repairers and they tell me when they check the fault code in the air bag system it just doesn't have one, which they tell me is a issue with the airbag computer. What rights do I have now the car is out of warranty as the fault was recorded multiple times while in warranty.

Scott 2013Stavic asked on Jul 31, 2018

2013-Present

We are looking at buying a 2013 Stavic with 2014 compliance plates. It is an ex rental. I've had it inspected and the gear select lockout is not working but the owner is going to replace it, it's actually already been ordered. My concern though, especially as it's a private sale and therefore has no warranty, is it likely to be the beginning of a string of things that need to be repaired or just a one off thing? I really need to make a decision today. It's all consuming and I've still got other things I need to concentrate on lol. Thanks

kaishra asked on Jun 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi kaisha. We bought a 2013 stavic 2.0 turbo diesel for 14k thst had traveled 73k with a 5000km warranty. Have put 7000kn on it 4 weeks no issue but i would ask for a racv green light inspection before you buy as thus insure tat it is road worthy and should dpot any problems also checck if it has been serviced every 15k as being diesel could have issues if not. Price is dependent on kms.

On the gear select give freeway ford a call in victoria as they seem to be straight shooters and up front on issues and can probably advise you.

Thanks Paul, I've had a prepurchase inspection done and it'll have a roadworthy done before I at for it. It has been serviced regularly, the car rental place it's coming from has its own mechanics. It's done 82324kms.

I'll give freeway a call tomorrow.
Lauren

Well the guy I was going to get the car from and I couldn't agree on a price, basically what he wanted was what I wanted to pay plus the cost of the part that needed to be replaced and then a bit so instead I've found a different one, still Stavic but its the SPR model, already has a tow bar and it's not white (thank goodness) and even though it's coming from interstate it's only gonna cost me about $200 extra than what the original one would have (cause I won't need to install a tow bar). Hopefully the dealer will call tomorrow and we can get it here asap.

Other than leather seats what's the difference between the base model and the SPR?

See all 65 questions about SsangYong Stavic

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details