Made the night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

Thanks to Star Dj and our DJ Jacob, my engagement was a massive success. He came early at set up the extra lights we requested which made the hall look amazing. The photobooth was super professional looking unlike some i have booked in the past. The red velvet backdrop was amazing. Jacob kept the dancefloor going all night and was accomodating with requests. I've already booked them in for our wedding!

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Simone! Thank you very much for the feedback. We're so thrilled to hear it went well :)

Wedding Party - Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

This is the second time I have used these guys and I will always use them. Sam the Dj at our wedding party was the best - for a young gun he knows exactly what to play for us slightly older crew and kept us dancing all night....very sore feet thanks Sam. Highly recommended

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi Claire, we love Sam also and are really happy to hear it went well! Until next time :-)

- Marel

best wedding DJ

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Marel was the DJ for our destination wedding in bali. I couldn't be more happier with the service we got from the planning of the wedding and what we wanted from him. He really cared about our wedding and went above and beyond to ensure we had what we needed. he did a fantastic job on the day. the music selection was perfect matching to the setting and mood we had on the day through out the whole night. we had such a great experience with star dj! recommend it to anyone! thank you very much!

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi Denny, thanks for taking the time to write this. We heard it was beautiful too, right by the beach <3

- Arian

Dance floor was packed to the very end.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Thanks Star DJ and Jacob for making our joint 50th birthday an amazing night. Everyone loved the music selection and vibe of the night. Jacob read the crowd well and also did an awesome job mixing in some songs we also supplied. The dance floor was packed to the very end. Thank you guys. Thoroughly recommend and will definitely use again.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi Sam, thanks for sharing this and we're glad this was an amazing night! Until next time :)
MP

Great DJ!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Great DJ. This was the 2nd time we hired Marel for a 21st and he was great. He took my son's playlists and then also built on them. Had the place pumping. Would definitely hire him again.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi Phillip, thank you very much for sharing - we appreciate the kind words! Glad to hear it went well :-)

Fantastic Night!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Great DJ; Daniel was warm, engaging and enthusiastic with our event. He delivered on the music requests and it made for a great night. Would definitely book him again. Thank you

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Thank you Jacqui, we sincerely appreciate you and your time for writing this!

The DJ was fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

He know what to play when and read the crowd so well and all had a great time. it made our New Years Eve wonderful. Same time again next year.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi George,

Thank you for sharing this feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll be sure to pass this onto Errol.

Star DJ Hire

Star DJ Hire Official

Thanks so much for your feedback. My pleasure djing on your boat cruise. Regards Errol

Best DJ service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2016

Booked the DJ last minute and still took the job while having their schedules full, Had my cousins wedding and was in need of a last minute fill. Great music, well equipped and was able to satisfy the crowd!

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi Steven, we appreciate this feedback dearly, thank you.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Finally someone amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2016

A great team of well-trained, professional and energetic DJs. I've worked with other teams previously but none have the same drive and passion as the Star DJ team. Keep up the great work all!

Hi Marel,

Thank you very much for sharing this!

Energetic Dj

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Thanks for covering my wedding. Jacob was fantastic and was very accommodating to all the requests for music through the night. Was recommended by a family friend who used them for a birthday party. Definitely recommend these guys.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Amina, thanks for taking the time to review us!

Professional and well equipped

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

The dj was very professional and well equipped for the event. Wasn't sure on the music to play and the d.h was able to find what the crowd wanted very quickly making for a great night

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Michael, thanks for taking the time to review us!

"5-Stars" DJ Hire

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Professional crew, awesome mix, amazing set up and easy to deal with. Have hired other DJ services before but nobody comes close to what these guys can provide. Great customer experience guaranteed!

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Khalis, thanks for taking the time out to review us!

Best DJs ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

These guys are professionals and courteous. I've found that they are willing to work through with you as a customer in regards to specific things you wanted as part of the hire.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Ryan, thanks for taking the time to write us your review.

Not really happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

At the end music suddenly stopped when everyone was dancing on my wedding.
Did not properly introduction me and my husband.
Music choice was ok. As a bride i requested one song and the dj was unable to play.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Fatema, thank you for pointing this out to us, we take these moments very seriously and I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get experience we strive to provide all our customers. If you can PM ... read more »

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

While I was somewhat disappointed with the music selected by the DJ, I was even more disappointed with the bored expression that seemed to stick with him throughout the night. He didn't seem very happy or approachable and certainly didn't add any excitement or joy to the night like I expected him to. At times he sat with his head rested in his hand on the table as if he didn't want to be there. Based purely on this experience I would not recommend this DJ to my friends. I really wish I had positive things to say about Star DJ Hire but unfortunately the only negative aspect of my engagement party was the music and the DJ :(

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Jen, thank you for pointing this out to us, we take these moments very seriously and I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get experience we strive to provide all our customers. If you can PM me ... read more »

The Best!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Awesome DJ, great mix of music perfect for my daughters Birthday party. The DJ was early, the set up, lights were mind blowing. I would never go to anyone else.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Michelle, thanks for the great feedback. Delighted to hear that we were able to make your daughters party an enjoyable experience.

Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Although the DJ was a nice guy, he didn't have the right repertoire of music for an 80's themed party, which we specifically asked for. Also, he did not interact with the crowd, which we also specifically asked for. Sound was good, but just didn't have the music we were after. We had a lot of fun on the night but expected a bit better as we spoke to the DJ beforehand and specified the kind of experience we were after. Was ok but disapponted overall unfortunately.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey David, thank you for pointing this out to us, we take these moments very seriously and I'm really sorry to hear you didn't get experience we strive to provide all our customers. If you can PM m... read more »

Professional but... 3.5 stars

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

A very professional outfit and our DJ was a nice person. Equipment and sound was top notch.
However didn't play many (only a few) of the songs requested prior to the night. While he had a great knowledge of the genre's modern songs, he didn't know some of the well known old school names that were requested during the night.

Overall though, Star DJ was miles ahead of previous DJs I have hired and I would consider using them again.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hi DJ Fresh Money, thanks for the honest feedback! It's good to hear that the DJ was friendly and equipment was also good. We have taken this onboard and shared this experience directly with your D... read more »

Perfect Tunes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Damiano provided the perfect soudtrack for our Gatsby Themed event, and got everyone onto the dance floor. Fantastic service, great music, and no stress, what more could you want for an event!

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Chelsea, thanks a million for the kind words will definitely pass on the feedback to Damiano.

Verified Purchase

Accommodating to last minute booking.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2016

Team helped us out with a last minute booking, we had previously booked another DJ for our xmas party through Gumtree the guy cancelled on us last minute. My brother recommended these guys gave them a call few hours later we had a club setup in the hall. Night ran smooth cant fault the DJ given the limited time he had to set up all the speakers and get the party going. Only wish they had a microphone! But can blame them given the short notice and limited details. Highly recommend.

Comments
Star DJ Hire Official

Hey Raphael, thanks for taking the time to review us. Was our pleasure!

1 of 2 pages